59 replies to this topic

#1 suze.angelova

suze.angelova

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 11:31 AM

Hey everyone!

Ive finally decided to start this new topic because Ive been having so many new story ideas lately but Im not really sure if they will go anywhere.

So this topic will be for everybody to post hypothetical blurbs for stories or first chapters, or simply ideas, so that you can get feedback from other people.

This is also so that you can post your ideas and then come back later on when you decide you want to turn them into a story.

So if you want to start a new story, but arent sure if you'll end up continuing it, post the summary here so that you dont have to ask to have a whole topic deleted if you change your mind.

Okay, I think that's pretty much it for now! :)

You know you love me...
ex oh ex oh,
Suze ;)

#2 suze.angelova

suze.angelova

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 11:19 AM

Here's a blurb for a story idea I've got:

Dina Moreno didn’t know what to expect the day her cousin, Bella, asked her for a huge favor.

It certainly wasn’t something as crazy as befriending Bella's boyfriend and then pretending to like him to see how he would react to other interested girls.

And she certainly didn’t expect to actually fall for her cousin's boyfriend, Matt, along the way…

One thing's for sure, though. Once you go forward, you can't turn back in a situation like this.

Would anyone read the story if I started writing it?

:heartbeat: Suze

#3 MusicAngel

MusicAngel

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 512 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 12:21 PM

Dina Moreno didn’t know what to expect the day her cousin, Bella, asked her for a huge favor.

It certainly wasn’t something as crazy as befriending Bella's boyfriend and then pretending to like him to see how he would react to other interested girls.

And she certainly didn’t expect to actually fall for her cousin's boyfriend, Matt, along the way…

One thing's for sure, though. Once you go forward, you can't turn back in a situation like this.

Sounds like my kind of book :) sounds good. I would say write it :)

#4 suze.angelova

suze.angelova

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 04:52 AM

Sounds like my kind of book :) sounds good. I would say write it :)

Okay, thanks. I just might =)

#5 Ohliveeah

Ohliveeah

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 06:29 PM

"Dear Henrietta"

Nineteen year-old Lady Henrietta Marlow, the daughter of an influential, widower Earl, is under the impression that her life is something out of a novel. She believes herself to be in love a boy of her father's stables, William Danes, and that it is horribly unfair that they shall never be able to marry due to the gap between their respective classes. However, Lord Sebastian Gregory, the eldest son of her father's recently deceased friend, has been spending quite a bit of time around the Earl's estate - far too great an amount of time in Henrietta's opinion. Although she does enjoy political debates, discussing literature and music with the young Viscount, she believes his personality to be completely abominable. Additionally, Henrietta is perfectly aware of where her affections lie...at least, she thinks she does.

#6 suze.angelova

suze.angelova

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 03:28 AM

"Dear Henrietta"

Nineteen year-old Lady Henrietta Marlow, the daughter of an influential, widower Earl, is under the impression that her life is something out of a novel. She believes herself to be in love a boy of her father's stables, William Danes, and that it is horribly unfair that they shall never be able to marry due to the gap between their respective classes. However, Lord Sebastian Gregory, the eldest son of her father's recently deceased friend, has been spending quite a bit of time around the Earl's estate - far too great an amount of time in Henrietta's opinion. Although she does enjoy political debates, discussing literature and music with the young Viscount, she believes his personality to be completely abominable. Additionally, Henrietta is perfectly aware of where her affections lie...at least, she thinks she does.

Ohhh this sounds like it would so interesting! I hope you write it :D

#7 Logan1949

Logan1949

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 462 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 04:55 AM

I want to see a sequel to Tim Burton's movie, "Alice in Wonderland," Starring Johnny Depp as the Mad Hatter, Anne Hathaway as the White Queen and Mia Wasikowska as Alice, so this would be Fan Fiction. Title: Alice of Underland.

Alice, an apprentice trader for the company onboard ship, has had bad dreams of Underland for days (because someone sprinkles opium powder into her burning lamp at night);

in China(or Hong Kong), is led down a dark alley, lined with opium dens, by the evil master trader who pushes her into a deep well to kill her (to keep her from going to the police and spoiling his plans);

plunges into the black water, but comes up into daylight in a lake in Underland;

is told she can magically choose to wear something not quite so dripping wet, and ends up in her silver armor;

negotiates the restoration of the castle and lands of Salazen Grum (the Red Queen's castle);

is appointed the steward of that castle by the White Queen;

helps the White Queen defeat the Black King (who was the banished Knave of Hearts who has killed and eaten the Red Queen) and his bands of Black-Death Wolves (so-called because one bite causes a person to shrivel into a black mummy or a wall to turn to charcoal);

is crowned a Queen of Underland by the White Queen;

is told that because she had drunk the blood of the Jabberwock, she can choose to be wherever she wants to be, whenever she chooses;

returns to the opium-den alley in time to defeat another cell of Black-Death Wolves;

confronts the terrified master trader for having tried to murder her, who, upon seeing her in shining armor with the Vorpal Sword pointed at him, has a heart attack and dies, leaving Alice to negotiate the trade route from China back to London;

shuts the book, tucks the 5-year-old into bed, says "Goodnight, my favorite neice." and turns off the light;

And when her neice says, "Alice. Are you going back to Underland sometime soon?" Alice turns in the doorway, and with the light from the hall behind her, her dress changes into red-tinged silver armor as she says, "Of course, my love. After all, I have a castle to run."

Logan

#8 suze.angelova

suze.angelova

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 05:18 AM

My new story idea summary:

When Lindsey agrees to go on a double date with her gorgeous best friend and two hot guys, she finally snaps after her date insults her. Sick of being the 'chubby' friend and being judged on her appearance, she vows to lose weight and change her life before leaving for college. She soon learns though that the kind of person you are within is much more important than your looks.

#9 MusicAngel

MusicAngel

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 512 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 01:44 PM

I'm writing a script at the moment, which isn't easy :P I decided I needed a challenge.

So the basic idea is high school (all the ups and downs). I'm using a lot of my own experiences because high school was hell for me and in a way it's kind of like therapy.
There'll be different stories about all the different characters, but it'll always come back to Michelle.

Michelle is going to be the main character. She's kinda shy and loves reading. She reads in between each lesson, doesn't wear much make up and is bullied every day of her life. (She's based on who I was when I was 16).
Her best friend is Luke. He's really good looking, but he's like a big brother to Michelle. He falls for a girl at school with bright red hair. She's a complete party animal and will get Luke into trouble.

Michelle becomes friends with Kate, a girl she has english class with. Kate hates all the popular kids at school, but she used to be one of them.

So as it's a script I've even thought of how the beginning will be for the cameras. Think of it as the intro to a tv show.

Starts infront of a school building. Enters the doors and speeds through the hallway. Every so often it slows down to focus on someone and then carries on. The typical popular girls (one of them really pretty, the other three not that pretty); a girl walks them listening to music, when they wave at her she ignores them; a girl putting a bottle of vodka in her locker; a girl flirting with a teacher; a couple kissing; a teacher falling and dropping all his papers but everyone just ignores him; a girl looking in a mirror putting on her makeup; next to her a guy doing exactly the same; a guy buying the answers to a test; a girl talking to a guy and then they walk seperate ways; the camera follows the girl to her locker and zooms into her locker which is full of books, she picks one and starts reading as she's walking. Image fades out.

It's only a beginning but I really had that intro stuck in my head the whole time :P

Please let me know what you all think xx

#10 MusicAngel

MusicAngel

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 512 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 11:25 AM

I know this will seem really pathetic but can someone please tell me what they think :P

#11 Jcrazy

Jcrazy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,677 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 05:30 PM

^

I like it! Sounds interesting to me! Plus you did a really great job of the description of how the beginning would be. Could totally see it :) Good luck!!

#12 24moon100

24moon100

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 5,016 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 05:38 PM

^^I like how you are basing it off your own experiences. That always makes it more authentic. I think it sounds awesome! :D

#13 MusicAngel

MusicAngel

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 512 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 08:39 AM

Thanks guys. I'll carry on writing then :P

When I've got more I'll put it up

x Saphy

#14 Pretty.Odd.

Pretty.Odd.

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,493 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 06:35 PM

So I've got about 50 pages done in longhand, and I want to know if anyone is interested in reading a little story by moi. Here's a summary (it's rough yet, but this is the general idea):

-It's the year 2020.
-Ah, the presidential election. President (more like dictator, actually) Mordechai Martins is running for a second term. He's got almost everyone's vote for sure--he's likable, ended the pointless, bloody war in Russia in 2018, has a lot of positive attributes, to most people. Howard Bachman is the candidate others will vote for, but he comes off as bland and unqualified.
-Russia and China are obliterating each other in a nuclear war. Many think this war is bound to end up as WWIII.
-All is well for President Martins--aside from inflation and the country collapsing from debt--until his "Great New Law" is passed, saying the US will not continue to do business with China (Russia refused to associate with them at all after the war) to "remain neutral in the Chinese/Russian war." China is pissed off by this and US citizens fear that they are no longer safe. Martins orders that preparations for the possibility of war be made. Bachman works off of Martins's mistakes and helps contribute to completely dividing the country into two angry, protesting sides.
-Things are looking grim for the people, getting worse and worse each day. Things get awful, people get even more desperate--and the downward spiral kicks into full-gear when the leader of China is assassinated while visiting President Martins and presenting and speaking about the promise China has made not to attack them. The US has now entered the war.
-A car crash in desolate Montana brings together an unlikely group--a punk kid from Seattle (Travis), a political blogger from D.C. (Hayley), a self-loathing waitress (Molly), and the daughter of a psychotic pastor (Veronica). The group of broken souls most learn to survive in the wasteland the country has become and make it as long as they can on their own.

Could be a practically infinite story of survival, since I could keep adding people to the group (kind of like The Walking Dead!! :P) over time. Like I said, I've got a lot done and I'm wondering if anyone will read it? Feedback, pleeease. :D Thanks.

xoxoArtemis

#15 24moon100

24moon100

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 5,016 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 01:07 AM

So I've got about 50 pages done in longhand, and I want to know if anyone is interested in reading a little story by moi. Here's a summary (it's rough yet, but this is the general idea):

-It's the year 2020.
-Ah, the presidential election. President (more like dictator, actually) Mordechai Martins is running for a second term. He's got almost everyone's vote for sure--he's likable, ended the pointless, bloody war in Russia in 2018, has a lot of positive attributes, to most people. Howard Bachman is the candidate others will vote for, but he comes off as bland and unqualified.
-Russia and China are obliterating each other in a nuclear war. Many think this war is bound to end up as WWIII.
-All is well for President Martins--aside from inflation and the country collapsing from debt--until his "Great New Law" is passed, saying the US will not continue to do business with China (Russia refused to associate with them at all after the war) to "remain neutral in the Chinese/Russian war." China is pissed off by this and US citizens fear that they are no longer safe. Martins orders that preparations for the possibility of war be made. Bachman works off of Martins's mistakes and helps contribute to completely dividing the country into two angry, protesting sides.
-Things are looking grim for the people, getting worse and worse each day. Things get awful, people get even more desperate--and the downward spiral kicks into full-gear when the leader of China is assassinated while visiting President Martins and presenting and speaking about the promise China has made not to attack them. The US has now entered the war.
-A car crash in desolate Montana brings together an unlikely group--a punk kid from Seattle (Travis), a political blogger from D.C. (Hayley), a self-loathing waitress (Molly), and the daughter of a psychotic pastor (Veronica). The group of broken souls most learn to survive in the wasteland the country has become and make it as long as they can on their own.

Could be a practically infinite story of survival, since I could keep adding people to the group (kind of like The Walking Dead!! :P) over time. Like I said, I've got a lot done and I'm wondering if anyone will read it? Feedback, pleeease. :D Thanks.

xoxoArtemis

This is a REALLY neat idea. I like futuristic things so from the first bullet point I was liking it already. :D I like how diversified and unique you've made the group of kids. Will love to see how that plays out. ;) I think I'll like Veronica the most. And it has nothing to do with the fact that her name just so happens to be my best best long childhood friend's as well. Of course it has nothing to do with that! lol.

This could honestly go in a lot of different ways. Should be fun to read. :) You can count me as a reader. ^_^

#16 Jcrazy

Jcrazy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,677 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 03:30 PM

So I've been toying with a time traveling story for a while. This is way basic, but the general deal~

Flash forward to the year 2195. There's a mutant gene in some children occurring that gives them the ability to freeze time at their own will. Meet the new president, Sean Blaine. His firm belief to terminate the gene and anyone with it got him elected. Meet his pregnant wife.  

Their child is born with the gene and terminated. 

Or so President Blaine thought. 

His wife unknowingly transported their daughter back into a safer time—the year 1995 to be exact. 

Flash to 2012 where Anya James is living oblivious. 

Flash to 2212 where Anya's real mom is dead, President Blaine and the government dictate every little thing, and the VP's son Austen Haze has a crazy idea. 

Eh??

#17 24moon100

24moon100

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 5,016 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 03:47 PM

DUDE. This idea--for lack of better words--sounds extremely amazing! I've never read a time travel story before but I've always wanted to. And I know you've been wanting to do this so no argument here I think you should totally write this one. By the way, the gene thing is a killer creative idea. I'd have never thought of that. :D

Don't know how else to praise this and encourage you without sounding overexcited. Lol.

Hmm. I wonder about this Austen guy. What's his idea...? :P

#18 Jcrazy

Jcrazy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,677 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 03:53 PM

DUDE. This idea--for lack of better words--sounds extremely amazing! I've never read a time travel story before but I've always wanted to. And I know you've been wanting to do this so no argument here I think you should totally write this one. By the way, the gene thing is a killer creative idea. I'd have never thought of that. :D

Don't know how else to praise this and encourage you without sounding overexcited. Lol.

Hmm. I wonder about this Austen guy. What's his idea...? :P

THANK YOU! :D

And I don't know about this Austen guy!! Hahaha. It'd be from the girls perspective. The Austen guy just happens to know too much and decides to do something about it :)

Anywayyy hope I can do this story!

#19 24moon100

24moon100

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 5,016 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 03:57 PM

THANK YOU! :D

And I don't know about this Austen guy!! Hahaha. It'd be from the girls perspective. The Austen guy just happens to know too much and decides to do something about it :)

Anywayyy hope I can do this story!

Haha. I figured that much...:P

And yah! You can! I know you can. If anyone can do it it's you. :)

If you need help in anyway though I'm here. Though I don't know how much I'd be. lol.

Edited by 24moon100, 01 August 2012 - 03:58 PM.

#20 24moon100

24moon100

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 5,016 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 02:17 PM

Hi people. :) So this idea came to me randomly today while I walk talking to my friend about dreams. Thought it would make for a cool story idea. Tell me what you think!

By the way, sorry if the summery is a bit rough. I wrote this in like five minuets. :P

There is a young dream walker that lurks in sixteen year old Gwen Fisher's dreams. He can control what she sees and what she feels while she’s asleep. And at first, it’s all just fun and games for him. What could be dangerous about wanting to mess with dreams? But what Eric, the new dream walker, doesn’t know is that the longer he wanders one persons subconscious, the harder it is to escape it.

Now Eric is trapped in Gwen’s dreamland and the only way to free himself is to get her to try and make sense of them.

The problem is: when have dreams ever made sense?

Yah. Ew. The summery makes me want to barf. But just tell me what you think if the idea. :)

#21 sancia

sancia

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,493 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 04:16 PM

This is something I wrote long time ago but I wold like to re-write it if anyone is interested in reading it.

The wheels of the plane hit the asphalt of the runway in almost smooth way but the force of braking makes me to crash to back of the seat. When the plane ceases some of the passengers clap their hands. For me the flight was awful. I cannot remember a time when I have been so afraid. I unfasten my seatbelt and inch past the empty seat to the corridor. Some friendly man in a suit lifts my bag from the overhead locker and after thanking him I slowly make my way towards the exit. The queue moves extremely slowly and my slight fear of narrow places makes minutes feel agonizingly long.

So it's about a girl who spends a year abroad and she will face some ghosts from her past.

*Sam*

#22 24moon100

24moon100

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 5,016 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 09:57 PM

This is something I wrote long time ago but I wold like to re-write it if anyone is interested in reading it.

The wheels of the plane hit the asphalt of the runway in almost smooth way but the force of braking makes me to crash to back of the seat. When the plane ceases some of the passengers clap their hands. For me the flight was awful. I cannot remember a time when I have been so afraid. I unfasten my seatbelt and inch past the empty seat to the corridor. Some friendly man in a suit lifts my bag from the overhead locker and after thanking him I slowly make my way towards the exit. The queue moves extremely slowly and my slight fear of narrow places makes minutes feel agonizingly long.

So it's about a girl who spends a year abroad and she will face some ghosts from her past.

*Sam*

Yup. I'd totally read this. :D

#23 suze.angelova

suze.angelova

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 08:37 AM

Jamie: I'm really enchanted by the topic of time travel and would love to read more about your story- it would definitely be interesting!

Sam: I love it so far :D Let us know if you plan on continuing with it!

#24 sancia

sancia

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,493 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 10:26 AM

Yeah, I'm definitely going to continue writing that but it might take some time :D

-Sammie

#25 suze.angelova

suze.angelova

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 06:36 AM

Yeah, I'm definitely going to continue writing that but it might take some time :D

-Sammie

I can't wait to see it, anyway! Take your time. Hopefully I'll have something written again soon :)

xoxo, Suze

#26 Katexxx

Katexxx

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 04:05 PM

totally it sounds brilliant !!!!!
katexxxx

#27 suze.angelova

suze.angelova

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:56 PM

^ Thank you, although the blurb is a bit rushed and confusing. That's actually kinda based on a true story so I might write it one day :D

#28 Gee{or}jah

Gee{or}jah

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 657 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 01:44 AM

The Trouble with Being Kate

For fifteen year old Kate Stradford spending her sophomore year in London on exchange meant two things; independence and boys.

She found both in Jenson Baxley.

He was all she had ever wanted; confident, smart, charming and not to mention gorgeous.

But he was older, a senior and Kate fell hard.

In the beginning it was bliss. Exploring Europe with her very own Englishman, Jenson was enthralled by Kate and he was more than she could have ever dreamed of.

Kate was young, naïve and captivated, she believed Jensen could show her the world.

Then reality set in.

Jenson had issues, an addiction that was poised to tear them apart. When her life and wellbeing was threatened, Kate left. It was too much and she couldn’t handle it.

Kate went home, met other boys, put Jenson out of her mind and moved on.

But will she be the one that gets away?

So, a few of you might recognize Kate from Riding in Cars with Boys, but this is her story and its been flitting around my head for ages. However I wont be doing this story until i finish Kennedys as although this blurb takes place before RICWB the story takes place after.. if that makes sense. Anyway, what do you think?

#29 suze.angelova

suze.angelova

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 08:48 PM

For fifteen year old Kate Stradford spending her sophomore year in London on exchange meant two things; independence and boys.

He was all she had ever wanted; confident, smart, charming and not to mention gorgeous.

In the beginning it was bliss. Exploring Europe with her very own Englishman, Jenson was enthralled by Kate and he was more than she could have ever dreamed of.

Kate was young, naïve and captivated, she believed Jensen could show her the world.

Then reality set in.

Jenson had issues, an addiction that was poised to tear them apart. When her life and wellbeing was threatened, Kate left. It was too much and she couldn’t handle it.

So, a few of you might recognize Kate from Riding in Cars with Boys, but this is her story and its been flitting around my head for ages. However I wont be doing this story until i finish Kennedys as although this blurb takes place before RICWB the story takes place after.. if that makes sense. Anyway, what do you think?

I absolutely LOVE reading the stories of other characters mentioned, so you can bet I'll be waiting for this :D

#30 24moon100

24moon100

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 5,016 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 09:36 PM

Then reality set in.

Totally! You MUST do it. :D

#31 suze.angelova

suze.angelova

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:56 PM

Hey girls, I'm going to start 'A New Beginning' again, but I;m planning to change it around a bit. And also, I'm going to change the protagonists name. Will that be okay or will you all get confused? :/

#32 ecraven

ecraven

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:26 PM

Please do write it. The blurb sounds amazing!

#33 ecraven

ecraven

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:30 PM

Hey girls, I'm going to start 'A New Beginning' again, but I;m planning to change it around a bit. And also, I'm going to change the protagonists name. Will that be okay or will you all get confused? :/

Why do you want to change the name??

#34 DayDreamer95

DayDreamer95

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,331 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 05:26 PM

Hey everyone! So I really love to write, and I love when people read, but I don't have any readers! And I think my story ideas are awesome! One I've posted called the Poseidon's Trident.

It's about a girl who is trying to get her dad's trident. Before he is so weak that he dies. All of his offspring around the world are trying to safe their dad. Yet at the same time, Cassia is battling to use her powers, falling in love as well as revealing the darkest secrets only in Hell should they be kept.

#35 DayDreamer95

DayDreamer95

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,331 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 05:28 PM

I'm also writing a new The Turquoise Pumps.

For those of you who haven't read or heard of them, it's about a writer falling in love with a model, yet she always pushes him away.

It's a brief. I'll have a better blurb later!

#36 suze.angelova

suze.angelova

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 08:01 AM

Why do you want to change the name??

Because it wasn't a good idea to use a personal name in the first place. I don't like it anyway, and I think the new name will be better for the character :)

#37 NeverAgain

NeverAgain

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 09:18 PM

Okay, so after having left this place for a few months, I started to have an idea for an original fiction story. The summary is really rough right now but it gives the general gist of the story: I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts or suggestions for improvement...

The story is going to be set in South Korea in 2013 and is loosely inspired by the South Korean film Heaven's Postman.

Fiction and Fact
Posted Image

Myungdae has based his entire life around facts. For instance, he knows that his mother left his father because of the constant stress that came from living without a lot of money to buy even the necessary items; he knows that obviously God isn't real because science proves how the universe was created; and, most of all, he knows that he does not need love because it is a human emotion that only destroys.

However, during his last year of high school, Myungdae has an run-in with the odd girl at his school: Soojin Kwan, who constantly has her head in the clouds, ears encased by large headphones, and rides around on a rusting bicycle that has seen better days. Soon, Myungdae accidentally stumbles upon Soojin's even more unusual pastime of reading the letters people foolishly toss into the mailbox far off into the country side, believing that the mailbox somehow has a connection to the afterlife.

Unwittingly, little by little, Myungdae enters her chaotic world, and slowly the lines between fiction and fact begin to blur.

#38 suze.angelova

suze.angelova

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 11:13 PM

Here's a quick blurb for my upcoming revised version of A New Beginning (A fanfiction of The Mediator series).

Tell me what you all think, and I'll post the first chapter on here soon as a trial :)

Veronika “Nika” Petkova had a plan when she decided to run away from her home in Canberra to the other side of the world, leaving behind two completely in the dark parents.

She had just graduated high school and would spend her summer in Carmel, California, with her cousin Suze and her family, to see what life in the beautiful coastal city she’d heard so much about was really like.

But over the course of twelve weeks, she encounters a handful of lies, some shocking secrets, and a blue eyed devil that she can’t seem to get out of her mind.

The image of the future she thought she’d have gets shattered, and instead replaced with the desire for so much more. In the end, she will have to make the biggest decision of her life, and choose between the people she loves.

:heartbeat: S

#39 24moon100

24moon100

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 5,016 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 01:42 AM

Here's a quick blurb for my upcoming revised version of A New Beginning (A fanfiction of The Mediator series).

Tell me what you all think, and I'll post the first chapter on here soon as a trial :)

Veronika “Nika” Petkova had a plan when she decided to run away from her home in Canberra to the other side of the world, leaving behind two completely in the dark parents.

She had just graduated high school and would spend her summer in Carmel, California, with her cousin Suze and her family, to see what life in the beautiful coastal city she’d heard so much about was really like.

But over the course of twelve weeks, she encounters a handful of lies, some shocking secrets, and a blue eyed devil that she can’t seem to get out of her mind.

The image of the future she thought she’d have gets shattered, and instead replaced with the desire for so much more. In the end, she will have to make the biggest decision of her life, and choose between the people she loves.

:heartbeat: S

This...THIS NEEDS TO BE POSTED. I have waited too long for this. Different than before, I see, but I bet that is what is going to make it all the more interesting! Hopefully it will still have some of the same elements though.

Please, Suze, you can't leave me hanging anymore!

By the way, my childhood best friend is named Veronica! :)

#40 suze.angelova

suze.angelova

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 12:27 AM

This...THIS NEEDS TO BE POSTED. I have waited too long for this. Different than before, I see, but I bet that is what is going to make it all the more interesting! Hopefully it will still have some of the same elements though.

Please, Suze, you can't leave me hanging anymore!

By the way, my childhood best friend is named Veronica! :)

I was hoping you'd see this! :D hehe

Oh, don't worry, it'll have similar elements, exept it'll go the way I iniially planned it.
Nika will be the same character (I just changed her name because I never intended for the name it was before to be used at all) in terms of looks and personality, and Paul will be the main male character she's exposed to :)

I finish my university semester in a few weeks, so I'll start writing and posting in late June and during July, hopefully.

I may post the first chapter on here a bit early though!

And that's awesome! I don't have anyone close called Veronica at all, but one of my cousins is called Nikolina, and I call her Nika, so I really like the name :)

I'm glad you still want to see this story though. I wasn't sure if anyone even remembered it anymore :P

#41 24moon100

24moon100

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 5,016 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 09:06 PM

I was hoping you'd see this! :D hehe

Oh, don't worry, it'll have similar elements, exept it'll go the way I iniially planned it.
Nika will be the same character (I just changed her name because I never intended for the name it was before to be used at all) in terms of looks and personality, and Paul will be the main male character she's exposed to :)

I finish my university semester in a few weeks, so I'll start writing and posting in late June and during July, hopefully.

I may post the first chapter on here a bit early though!

And that's awesome! I don't have anyone close called Veronica at all, but one of my cousins is called Nikolina, and I call her Nika, so I really like the name :)

I'm glad you still want to see this story though. I wasn't sure if anyone even remembered it anymore :P

I most definitely want to see more! I've been writing bits and pieces off my own Paul fan fiction just because I miss reading about him so I was really REALLY excited to see this. I've missed this so much.

I think we all need to start posting again. I want it to be like old times.

Can't wait! Please keep me posted on this!

-MEG

#42 Jcrazy

Jcrazy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,677 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 11:16 PM

Grandover Academy was the last place Sam McPherson thought she would end up going to school, let alone living at. But room 226 isn't your typical dorm room. It's haunted—or so everyone says. Sam and her roommate, Callie, manage to brush off the rumors until a series of mysterious disturbances have them questioning if it could really be true. Sam doubts it, as does her new history tutor Logan, but as more unusual events continue to unfold, she finds herself exploring the possibility that Grandover Academy may be under attack, but by who? Or, better yet...what? 

Basically, I guess it's a mystery, but what I've wrote so far is actually fairly comical. lol. Anyway, interested? Anyone up for a comedic mystery romance? 

—Jamie

#43 24moon100

24moon100

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 5,016 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 09:55 AM

Grandover Academy was the last place Sam McPherson thought she would end up going to school, let alone living at. But room 226 isn't your typical dorm room. It's haunted—or so everyone says. Sam and her roommate, Callie, manage to brush off the rumors until a series of mysterious disturbances have them questioning if it could really be true. Sam doubts it, as does her new history tutor Logan, but as more unusual events continue to unfold, she finds herself exploring the possibility that Grandover Academy may be under attack, but by who? Or, better yet...what? 

Basically, I guess it's a mystery, but what I've wrote so far is actually fairly comical. lol. Anyway, interested? Anyone up for a comedic mystery romance? 

—Jamie

YES. YES. YES. You writing a comical mystery romance? Um... Just YES. Haha as you can see I'm very excited to read another story of yours. Aw Jamie you just have to post this now I miss you. :) nice blurb by the way. Very well put together.

Please post soon!!!!!

-MEG

#44 Pretty.Odd.

Pretty.Odd.

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,493 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 09:56 AM

—Jamie

Yes, please. I'd read the hell out of this.

xoxoArtemis

#45 Jcrazy

Jcrazy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,677 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 08:44 PM

^

Thank you guys. Glad y'all like the idea. I may just post the first chapter and see what kind of feedback I get then decide whether or not to continue. Be on the look out!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users