• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 iluvreading3

iluvreading3

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 07:57 PM

I didnt see one for these books, so i thought i start one ^_^ Who's your favourite character? i :heartbeat: Derek!!!

#2 Beautifully Intended

Beautifully Intended

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 10,131 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 07:10 AM

I quite enjoy all the characters! I actually just got finished copies of the two most recent books (Gathering and Calling) in the second part of the overall series trilogy, which I need to read soon. I'm sure I'll love it as much as the Darkest Powers trilogy.

#3 starberry

starberry

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,204 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 10:25 AM

I love Kelly's writing. And I love how all her books are connected with each other but you don't have to read every single one of her series to understand what's going on. I really need to pick up The Calling. The Gathering was just amazing.

M :)

#4 iluvreading3

iluvreading3

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 03:49 PM

^^^I totally agree! I just ordered the Calling, and i cant wait for it to come, I loved the gathering! I heard that the characters in the two trilogies are going to meet in the Rising, the third book in the darkness rising trilogy.

#5 CrazyClavie

CrazyClavie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Moderators
  • 10,575 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:25 AM

Oh, I'm A Derek Girl!

I actually like all of the characters of the first trilogy.

With the second, Darkness Rising, I liked Maya as a narrator but I felt like nothing happened for a big chunk of The Gathering.

#6 Beautifully Intended

Beautifully Intended

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 10,131 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 08:11 PM

I didn't hear about them meeting in the third book of Darkness Rising, but rather they would meet in the next trilogy of books. But she may have them meet at the end of the third book, then write their journey together in the following trilogy.

#7 CrazyClavie

CrazyClavie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Moderators
  • 10,575 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 06:56 PM

I didn't hear about them meeting in the third book of Darkness Rising, but rather they would meet in the next trilogy of books. But she may have them meet at the end of the third book, then write their journey together in the following trilogy.

I don't know where but I saw a vid of Kelley saying that they would met in the third book, but no clue if it will be toward the end or what. She said she didn't want to hint at what the third trilogy might be about because she's currently only contracted through this one and she doesn't like to jinx things

#8 iluvreading3

iluvreading3

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 07:30 PM

I didn't even know there was supposed to be a third trilogy....

#9 kylie

kylie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,329 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 08:17 PM

I just finished The Calling (it was excellent) and it looks as though Chloe and the gang will definitely be meeting up with Maya and her friends in the third book of the Darkness Rising trilogy. There was many references to them in The Calling. It was so exciting! Plus, I met Kelley at a signing, and she said they were definitely meeting up in the third book.

And since we are talking about favourite characters. From the second trilogy, I must say I love love love Daniel.

#10 iluvreading3

iluvreading3

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 03:14 PM

I just finished the Calling also... I may just go insane waiting for the next book... I like Rafe...

#11 CrazyClavie

CrazyClavie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Moderators
  • 10,575 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:55 PM

I just finished The Calling (it was excellent) and it looks as though Chloe and the gang will definitely be meeting up with Maya and her friends in the third book of the Darkness Rising trilogy. There was many references to them in The Calling. It was so exciting! Plus, I met Kelley at a signing, and she said they were definitely meeting up in the third book.

And since we are talking about favourite characters. From the second trilogy, I must say I love love love Daniel.

I like Daniel too! He's a good guy. :)

#12 NeverAgain

NeverAgain

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:01 PM

Reviving this just cause, haha. I really love the Darkest Powers series!

Derek is definitely my favourite character, though I like them all. I also like Tori, to be honest; while she has her bad points, there are times when you can get where she's coming from. I also love how she isn't always seen in a completely negative light and at least has some sort of a reason as to why she is how she is. Sometimes I feel as if Chloe is too much of a goody-goody, but in the end, she is a well-rounded character.

Honestly, I did not enjoy "The Gathering" as much as I did the first three books. I felt it was kind of flat at times? It was interesting but nothing solid actually happened. There was no great revelation, no uncovered secrets, nothing of that sort like in "The Summoning". I'm not giving up with the series, however. I know it has tons of potential, and I have a feeling that the second book will be much more satisfying of a read. Now if only I can get my hands on it...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users