#1 admin_ann

admin_ann

Meg Cabot Reader

• Administrators
  • 245 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 06:31 PM

Posted Image

New Contest!

Choose one of the eight covers posted on Facebook for inspiration and write what you think the LAST page of the book should be. (Of course, these are Meg Cabot books, but you can make up your own story/characters). Entries should be 500 words or less. Post entries on the Meg Cabot Message Boards or on Meg Cabot's Facebook page. Be sure to include the cover you've chosen. Deadline April 14.

Winners will receive a Meg Cabot book. International submissions are welcomed! Don't forget to include a title and the cover image you chose in your entry!

https://www.facebook...12624694&type=3

Post your entry on this thread.

#2 incredibels

incredibels

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 05:09 AM

The cover I chose: Posted Image

We'll Make It
I looked into his eyes. I felt him breathing. He was mine. Only mine.
“You know how it’ll end”
I took his hand in mine. Intertwined our fingers.
“We’ll make it” His voice was sad.
I knew he didn’t know what else to say. He couldn’t say anything else. I closed my eyes. Remembering the last six months we’ve been together. One way or another. It hadn’t been easy. Our journey, as I liked to call it.
When we met, we were both lost. Hundreds of miles away from home. Now I can’t believe he’s standing right in front of me. He was my everything even though everybody had said it was all wrong. That we wouldn’t make it. And every day I pushed that thought aside but now it’s creeping back to me. Slowly.
I opened my eyes again. He was still watching me.
Before I met him I was shy. So shy I couldn’t even speak to boys. So shy I was afraid of letting somebody in. Now he’s a part of me. I couldn’t lose him. Not after everything we’ve been through. But I didn’t know if I was able to take all the hate. It was too much sometimes.

I put my other hand on his chest. He was so strong. He made me stronger. I remember how weak I was. I couldn’t do anything without breaking. When I look into his eyes I see the same light I saw when he first talked to me. But now the light symbolizes something else. The future.
We were never perfect. Nobody’s perfect. We’ve fallen. We were thrown out on the stormy ocean and swam back into the shore. Both of us.
I’ve had people come up to me saying what we have is nothing. Saying we can’t feel love. Oh my, they are so wrong.
“We’ll make it” I repeat his words.
I felt how he nodded and stroked my hair.
“Screw the others. They don’t know us and we don’t know them. We’ll make it”
For the first time I believed him. Every word he said was true. I knew it. I wasn’t hurt anymore. I was healed. He had healed me. He had made me see there was more for me then just being broken.
The moonlight shone above us. He pulled my closer, looked deeply into my eyes pressing his soft lips against mine. I felt the same way I had felt the first time he had kissed me. I didn’t want him to let go. I wanted to cherish this moment forever.
He pulled away and whispered. So silent I barely could hear.
“We’ll make it...because I love you”

THE END

#3 DianaSF

DianaSF

Meg Cabot Fan

• Moderators
  • 718 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 06:46 PM

Posted Image

I'm Not a Girl, Not a Robot...Yet

I knew it would be a totally different life, but what was the alternative? I didn't want to die. I still had so much left to do on earth--school to finish, friends to share secrets with, dances to attend, boys to kiss. I had to suck it up and accept the fact that the body I once knew was no longer mine. My skin now had a plastic sheen reminiscent of a Barbie doll's. While it took a while to get used to at first, I was glad that I no longer had to worry about breakouts. My eyes looked glazed, as if I was perpetually staring off into space. I found that I could look at people for large amounts of time without blinking. Talk about unnerving! I was also inexplicably drawn to tacky, binding vinyl dresses. This was quite a shock, since in my former life my motto was “comfort over style.” My biggest complaint looks-wise were the large man hands that I now possessed, whereas before I had small, delicate fingers. I was officially a robot, and no amount of moaning and grumbling would change that.

#4 Purple Rocks

Purple Rocks

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 448 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 08:17 PM

Underworld

I stare into his dark silver eyes. The look that makes my heart do that little somersault in my chest.
His dark hair,the hair that makes me want to run my fingers through. It's funny how I didn't want to go to the underworld. Always trying to get away from him. I didn't hate him, I was just scared to go to hell.
But all I want to do now is to go where he goes,be with him in the hardest time,...love him 'till I.....,well,.. die. All I can think is him only him.
As the pink glow starts to to fade away I can can see his strong,muscular face. Okay I got it bad, I've gone boy-crazy.
"Pierce" John's soft,strong voice cuts through the air "Some how some way we're going to defeat those furies and you'll be safe. And we'll be happier than ever thought was possible. Alright."
My heart was filled with joy it might bust into happiness.
So I grabbed him by the neck and kissed him lightly on the lips. I pulled back away from him.
"If we're together nothing else matters. We'll make it through together. Even if we have to live in hell." I said.
A slow smile split his face.He pulled me toward him and we kissed,and not just lightly.

Posted Image

P.S (this is not included for the contest it is just meant to be read.)
I hope I did a good job. This is my first time ever writing a story( even though the idea was not mine nor a complete story). Meg Cabot if you are reading this you have a fun and hard (well for me never been a writing person, I'm more of a reading person)job. But your fans love and adore your work. What would we read without you and your books? Well good luck on choosing your winner! :lol:

#5 Purple Rocks

Purple Rocks

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 448 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 08:25 PM

Posted Image

New Contest!

Choose one of the eight covers posted on Facebook for inspiration and write what you think the LAST page of the book should be. (Of course, these are Meg Cabot books, but you can make up your own story/characters). Entries should be 500 words or less. Post entries on the Meg Cabot Message Boards or on Meg Cabot's Facebook page. Be sure to include the cover you've chosen. Deadline April 14.

Winners will receive a Meg Cabot book. International submissions are welcomed! Don't forget to include a title and the cover image you chose in your entry!

https://www.facebook...12624694&type=3

Post your entry on this thread.

:icon_redface: Um can we do more than one entry. Because I was just wondering that right now.
I have another idea and I hope I can write it tomorrow if I can remember and if you say yes to my question. ^_^
Also if I have time. :user:

#6 admin_ann

admin_ann

Meg Cabot Reader

• Administrators
  • 245 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 10:48 PM

:icon_redface: Um can we do more than one entry. Because I was just wondering that right now.
I have another idea and I hope I can write it tomorrow if I can remember and if you say yes to my question. ^_^
Also if I have time. :user:

Yes, everyone can enter twice. Have fun!

#7 kristenjoelle

kristenjoelle

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 01:07 AM

Posted Image

Fanny watched the police car drive away from the White House lawn as she wiped her bloody nose with her shirt sleeve. The adrenaline was leaving her body, exhaustion taking its place.

“So.”

Fanny turned around to face Brandon. His brown hair was sticking up in the front, and he had shoeprint on his face from the scuffle, but somehow he was still as boyishly charming as ever.

“So.” Fanny wrinkled her nose, trying to decide whether to smile or to cry. “I guess I better explain.”

“I guess you’re not really the new Miss Teen America Presidential Intern.” Brandon curiously eyed a lock of frizzy red hair that had escaped from underneath Fanny’s wig.

“Oh. Haha.” Fanny pulled off what remained of the singed blonde wig, revealing a full head of curly red hair. After a second thought, she pulled out her thick red eyeglasses and put them on too. She shrugged. Might as well let him see the real her now. “Actually I passed all the presidential skills tests with flying colors. It’s just the beauty part that I needed extra help in.”

Brandon smiled. “I think any girl sporting a bloody nose from stopping an assassination is pretty beautiful.”

Fanny gave a sheepish smile back. A month ago she wouldn’t dare look Brandon in the eye, at least, not without her Miss Teen America cover. After stopping a terrorist conspiracy to assassinate the president, however, the state of her hair seemed much less significant. “So, you don’t feel utterly betrayed by my deception?”

Brandon thought for a moment. “By Fanny, Miss Teen America? Yes, a little. But Fanny, the girl who saved the president…” Brandon paused. “I guess I don’t really know her, so I couldn’t be too mad at her. In fact, I’d really like to take her out for coffee.”

The knot in Fanny’s stomach relaxed as she felt the stress of month’s worth of secrets fade away. “She’d really like that too.”

Brandon smiled and gently touched Fanny’s elbow to signal that they should probably go talk to the paramedics. Fanny nodded. They started a slow trek towards the ambulances.

“You know,” Fanny stopped walking. “It wasn’t all a lie. A lot of what I said and did was really me, just, you know, from behind the disguise.”

Brandon turned to face her, both hands on her arms, pulling her closer. “You mean like that night at the President’s Ball?” He grinned. Fanny felt her face turning red, but before she could look away, Brandon leaned in, his lips catching hers. The kiss tasted a little like blood and dirt, but neither of them cared.

#8 Bookweirm

Bookweirm

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 02:32 AM

umm there are nine covers posted on facebook!!!! Is it okay if I picked the ninth one(which isn't on here)??? In case it is, I'm going to post my ending for the ninth cover on here:

(I chose cover #9: http://a5.sphotos.ak...819437766_n.jpg):

“It’s just my Uncle Carlisle,” he added as he found the bin his clothes were stored in. Arabella was sitting on a small sewing basket that Thomas had almost tripped over while pacing the length of the storage room. He made sure all the garments didn’t have the labels sewed on. “He keeps trying to find faults in people that aren’t there and he’s the one who hates your Uncle.” She got up still slack jawed as they made their way back to the front of the shop. Arabella took in Thomas’ shiny forehead, slick with sweat and realized that he couldn’t possibly be lying. The rivalry between the two families was legendary and she knew that no one was capable of joking about it.

Arabella took a breath to ask Thomas why Carlisle had any say in the matter between the two families when she saw a flash of color outside the window. She gulped: the signature red hair of Carlisle Stanhope could be seen a mile off. “Merdre…” she cursed and Thomas groaned as he saw who was banging the shop door open. Arabella’s mind had already jumped into action and she was ready for Carlisle when he burst into the shop.

“What do you think you are doing with that half-breed?” Carlisle screamed at Thomas. His finger was still pointing at Arabella as she began to swear.

“Sacre- blue,” she managed, a second before chaos erupted in the store. Mannequins flew and Carlisle pushed away the clothes in the display window, making his way towards Arabella and Thomas.

“You sorry excuse for a relative.” Carlisle roared and his hair seemed to crackle a brighter orange than it already was.

“Soyez-gentil Monsieur! I saw this gentleman outside and called him to say look at these magnificent cuff links—” began Arabella but no sooner had she uttered the words when Carlisle was in front of her and pushing her away. Too late, she realized that she hadn’t bound her chest like she had intended to do. In her rush to try on her outfit and show it to Moor, she’d forgotten the most important part of her disguise. She hoped that the shirt was loose enough to hide her female features. Maybe he didn't feel anything, she prayed as his eyes narrowed in confusion. She was still clutching at her chest trying to hide what Carlisle had definitely felt. The shop was engulfed in silence for a moment as Carlisle first looked puzzled.

His panting disturbed the silence as his cheeks flushed either from overexertion or from the excitement of his discovery. Arabella knew it was the latter as soon as she saw the cold calculating smile creep onto his face. Carlisle dragged a protesting Thomas out behind him and called back, “consider yourself warned… boy.” A sharp cackle, then “this isn’t the last time we meet I’m sure.”
“Bubbling water closets,” whispered Arabella, still clutching her bosom. She’d been discovered. The door closed with a bang, signifying the end of Arabella’s good name. She was ruined.

#9 genghas

genghas

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 04:41 PM

My cover
http://sphotos.xx.fb...999221958_n.jpg

He grabbed my shoulders and shook me. "Is that what you believe?" he asked, "That I wanted to lie to you?"

His blue-green eyes bore into me as he awaited my response.Tears welled up in my eyes as he stared down at me. Realizing this he released my shoulders and gently used his thumb to wipe a tear that had escaped, "Melody, " he uttered gently, "There is nothing I wouldn't do for you. I would kill myself if I thought it would be the best thing for you. You are everything to me. I lo-"

"No," I sobbed, "Otherwise you wouldn't have lied to my face and gone off to deal with Ryan yourself. Chris," my voice was shaking but I let it, hoping he'd realize just how much pain he had caused me," I don't think I can deal with hearing again that you're in the hospital again because you were fighting my battles for me."

"Melody," I could see tears in his eyes now too, "I promise to never lie to you again if you forgive me just this once."

I quickly turned away, unable to bear seeing him anymore. I knew I had to leave him before he convinced me to stay. I strode to the door that exited his apartment. I would hail a cab and go home, back to Seattle. New York would be a distant memory, all that Chris and I had shared would vanish, becoming a bad dream that I had awoken from. I had done this before and I could do it again. I held my head high and reached towards the door handle.

It was then that I heard the words that I least expected to hear coming out of his mouth, "I'm sorry," he whispered.

That was all it took for me to turn around and rush into his arms. He wrapped me in his arms and pressed his lips against mine. We kissed as if our lips were never meant to be anywhere else but pressed together.

He removed his lips from mine and whispered into my ear, "I love you."

In response I pulled his head toward mine and kissed him passionately

In all of history, there has never been a more messed up match.

But maybe that is why there were so many unhappy couples.

#10 poisongrl

poisongrl

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 03:20 AM

my cover: https://www.facebook...&type=3

Pretty Shadows

When I feel his presence slip into the room my breathing stays even. He's done this so much, and after all, I was expecting it this time.

"Wanda? Wanda wake up."

I don't move and let him shake my shoulder a bit before giving out a bleary "Go away John."

"Wanda, I'm sorry. It wasn't supposed to play that way."

When I give no response he clicks on the bedside lamp and says "Look. Look I brought you something. I know it's not all we came here for, but... "

Squinting against the glare of the bulb I see the diamond earring Antonia dropped when she ran off with the bag full of jewels. I'd wondered what had happened to it. And I'm pleased. Really really pleased, but he can't know that.

"But what? It's just a silly earring."

"It should pay for the room...accumulated expenses..." he continues. " It could be like this never happened."

Is that what he wants? I sit up and kiss him before he goes on with that thought. He makes a surprised noise and I pull back grinning. I've thrown his game back at him. That time in the Forbidden City when he passed me a note through a kiss- I just know that memory is going through his brain. And while my return gift isn't everything I've got at my disposal-what sort of thief would I be if I gave him everything- I figure it's enough to assuage the guilt.

As I lean over to click off the light, I brush his ear and whisper "You were right. Knowledge is a higher currency than gold."

From my cocoon in the dark I see him play with the disk in his cheek, and watch the crooked smile grow on his face.

#11 niveous

niveous

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 01:35 PM

cover: http://tinyurl.com/cggruen

Unauthorised.

Taylor thought she saw something move behind her. She turned around, panicked but there was no one there. She couldn't afford to be seen, not when Adam's life was on the line here. She crouched forward on her hands and knees and continued along the railing until she heard Mrs Montgomery- 2 floors below- speaking to man around thirty with a thick Russian accent.

"Keep that girl off my grounds....few days....close to the end....Adam Hemming is locked away....faster than expected." Taylor hoped to pick up something that might be useful to her. Sure enough, Mrs Montgomery and the Russian man were busily talking about crucial things down below, but Taylor heard little and understood less. She would have been able to hear more if only she could get closer... just a little bit closer.

*click* Taylor felt something cold jabbing into the back of her short auburn hair.
"Stand up" announced the voice. Taylor obeyed. A guard had seen her, how could she have been so careless?
She didn't have time for this, she had to save Adam and fast.
"Turn around." He summoned, Taylor considered attacking him with the spray in her pocket, but the gun was already pointed at her, it would have been useless and would have, no doubt, gotten her killed, instead she took a different route.

"Why are you pointing that at me?" she whimpered. "What have I done wrong?"
The guard saw a fifteen year old girl in tears. He lowered his gun and hesitated. At that moment, Taylor twisted around on his left foot, sending the upper park of his right foot into the the man's stomach. The guard didn't even have time to cry out- his eyes rolled beneath his black sunglasses and went limp. That was the roundhouse kick otherwise known as the mawashi geri- finally, the karate lessons her mother had made her go to since she was 7 came in useful.

"I am so sorry" Taylor whispered to his unconscious body. From now on- no more mistakes, she swore to herself. Her body was already beaten and she could taste blood in her mouth from her previous encounter with the guards. Quickly, she turned right and ran as fast as she could to the nearest doorway and turned the corner. She looked in, and ducked back. There was a guard at the end of the corridor, reading a newspaper. Had he seen her? No he couldn't have. She moved in a different direction until was in a passageway filled with steel doors. She appeared to be alone.

Taylor moved to the nearest door and looked through the key hole- there he was! Adam, he looked bruised and worn out, much like herself but he was there and he was alive. She drew back the bolts and flung the door open. She went in.

"Adam..." she whispered and moved near to him. For a moment, she couldn't feel his breathing and Taylor feared the worst. But he opened his eyes, smiling;
"Am I dreaming?"
"No, you are not. We need to get out of here." She kept her voice low, but hoped the urgency in her voice came across.
"Hey, Tay...I don't know if I'll make it or not- so don't be mad about this, OK?"
And suddenly, he kissed her until they were both entangled in each other, oblivious to the fatal danger they were truly in.

- - - - - - - - - - - - -
By Veena Chandar.

#12 starberry

starberry

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,204 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 05:12 PM

The file won't download (hope that's okay, I chose picture six the girl by the ocean. Here's the link https://www.facebook...&type=3
Here's mine: Hopefully it's enjoyable enough

Chick and the Sea

“Smile bigger! I want Chicken and the Sea mermaid goddess, minus the tuna.” Andre said.

This wasn’t supposed to be a part of the job description, Bree thought. Waitresses at Captain Hushpuppies did not pose in Regency inspired gowns.
At least until Joe decided that it was time Captain Hushpuppies went legit by having a billboard made for the restaurant. A billboard that consisted of a tall buxom blonde posing by the sea longing for some fried shrimp and dip.

Bree was hardly blonde and buxom. However, that didn’t matter that much since she met the tall category and enough tweaking with the dress made it look like she had a bust. And of course, a trip to the salon took care of her mousy brown hair.

She felt ridiculous and she wouldn’t be posing for the ad campaign if Joe hadn’t been so desperate and promised her a sweet bonus and Saturdays off when the real model canceled.

Not that London Fetch (real name Laura Sue Fetcher) had been that much of a model. At least until yesterday, when she canceled to be in a real life shampoo commercial that was being filmed in New York City.

Bree wished she was posing for a shampoo commercial. She bet London wasn’t freezing her butt off trying to look whimsical.

It also didn’t help that Jake Bryant who was supposed to play Bree’s Johnny Depp wasn’t here either. No one was here, save for the photographer, the stylist, and Kent her best friend and fellow coworker at Captain Hushpuppies. And Kent had disappeared.

“Okay, we’re almost done.” Andre said. “We’re going to bring in the male model now.”

Maybe things would pick up now, Bree thought. Especially when she saw her Jake: tall, broad and his perfect face completely covered with a mask. He looked downright intriguing, though a bit cheesy.
Bree laughed at the dead bird on his shoulder.

“Quiet on the set,” Andre snapped, before telling the two of them to appear deeply and passionately in love. In other words, he wanted them to make out.

Well, make out as much as you could for a billboard ad. However, Bree couldn’t help but find a weird intimacy with Jake. She always knew that Jake was supposed to be hot, but she didn’t think he’d make her toes tingle. Finally, Andre had enough photos and called it a day.

Bree turned to her fellow model, “That was fun.”

“It was.” Jake said, “What do you say, one more kiss for the road?”

Bree laughed. “Sure, why not. But first, I want to see the man behind the mask.”

Jake laughed before he pulled off his mask revealing not Jake, but Kent.
As in Bree’s best friend.

#13 Purple Rocks

Purple Rocks

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 448 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 06:06 PM

SHINE!!

I saw the palm trees swaying, dancing to to the rhythm of the wind . Back and forth cha cha cha, back and forth cha cha cha.

This place used to be a stranger to me. I was alone, here in Hollywood. Only a luggage and a dream in my hands. Nothing else, nothing more.

But now I felt as I were home. Not the same type of home with family, but it was close enough. Acting was was my home now, Hollywood. I thought how my family back in Texas would be so proud of me. ME.

Sure I had a really hard time to achieve my dream, but I did it. I never gave up. Sure sometimes I wanted to pack up and leave, but I never did.

As I was standing there in MY (I know!! In the contract it said I can have my very own penthouse. King size bed, two large bathrooms, a huge kitchen, medium size living room, like a deck so you can see outside, and the best of all an AWESOME, FANTASTIC, HUGE closet!!!)penthouse I saw something that caught my attention.

But it couldn't be. He was in Texas. He couldn't have come for ME or could he? My heart was thumping in my rib cage so hard I thought it might burst.

I ran out the door as fast as my legs could carry me. And halted to a stop in front of him. Was it me or did the cutie turn into a hottie? His blond hair shined in the sunlight. His blue eyes looked like I can dive in it and swim. I could tell he had been working out, because he was built.

"Micheal, what are you doing here?" I asked him

"What do you think I'm doing here?" Micheal said

"I don't know. I don't know? Um, vacationing?" I answered him.

He laughed. "Well if you can't figure it out. I'll tell you." he started. "I realized I made a huge mistake of letting you go. I should have supported you, not the other way around. I love you Jennifer. It's plain and simple. Can you forgive me?"

I smiled. I could've said something terrible to him. I could've said "Leave alone me and go back." I could've said some very colorful words, but I didn't.

I just said "Just don't ever do it again." And kissed him.

It felt so good to feel his arms around me. To feel his chest against mine. His lips touching mine. It just felt good. I realized how much I missed him over these past few weeks.

After we stopped kissing and we were gasping for air.

I told him "Welcome to my new home." And showed him the penthouse.
Posted Image

#14 Ft. Louie!

Ft. Louie!

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 10:36 AM

Finding my identity

”Yes I’ve heard you mum, but I have to go!” Liza cried out. She was so exhausted after all that she’d been trough the last year and she just wanted to let go of it. Except that she couldn’t let go of what had happened.
“If I want to leave, why can’t you just let me?”
She didn’t only want to leave; she had to leave.
“Meeting someone on the internet, how could you do that? I thought more of you Liza”, her mum said. Liza sighed. Her mum had made her thoughts very clear: finding true love on the net was no existing in her world. If only Liza would have time to explain that she wasn’t running off with her true love. It was way more important than that.
“And you’re not even going to introduce him to me? Are you ashamed of me?”
Liza met her mothers’ gaze. “Okay”, she said. “I’ll explain fast. You know how I always was bullied in school and how people always have talked about us? I got sick of it. I’m not ashamed of you, mum, but of our history.”
“Oh, that was years ago!” her mum said with an exhausting look.
“Yes, but people will never forget World War II. I don’t wish anyone ever forgets it, because what happened was horrible, but having a surname which is the same as one of the most terrible Nazis and actually be related to him is something I don’t even wish my worst enemy!”
“But you…”
“No mum, I know it’s not my fault, personally, but people blame me anyway.”
After a long explanation, and after half an hour of crying and saying goodbye, her mum understood why Liza had to go. Liza had never liked herself. She’d never really know who she was or who she wanted to be. When she’d found out in how many different ways you could hide your identity on the net, though, all of sudden there were people who cared about her. After five years of hiding she had finally changed her surname and now when she’d found her identity she felt free to move forward.
With her knowledge and experience of hiding on the net, she was now helping other people who wanted to escape.
“See you in a month”, she said to her mum, and when they’d hugged each other Liza walked out of the door. In half an hour she was going to meet a man who was desperate for her help. Now, when she had found her identity, it was time for her to help others find their identity too.

Cover: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150674340154695.422309.67512624694&type=3#!/photo.php?fbid=10150674340374695&set=a.10150674340154695.422309.67512624694&type=3&theater

Edited by Ft. Louie!, 03 April 2012 - 10:36 AM.

#15 genghas

genghas

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 10:36 AM

http://sphotos.xx.fb..._65254514_n.jpg

"All I want to know is why," I insisted, "Why you left me for her in the first place? What's so special that she has that I don't? " I gazed up a him, hoping he wouldn't notice the tears that were forming in my eyes-yeah, I wanted to make him suffer, but i didn't want him to know I was suffering too.

"That's what I've been trying to tell you," Matt said, becoming frustrated, "I shouldn't have left you in the first place. You are the only person who I can see myself spending the rest of my life with, Eponine. You are the only person who can save me from myself."

I know I was supposed to be mad at him, but it's really hard to stay mad at someone who looks like they stepped off the pages of Vogue. His tight gray t-shirt and perfect fitting jeans made it almost unbearable to stay mad at him. I met his gaze and felt my legs weaken beneath me, his deep blue eyes searched my own as I tried to figure out how to get away from him before he could convince me to stay.

Before I could tell him that it would never work, he continued, "I know you're mad that I left you and you have every right to be. I also know I have no right to try to get you back after what I did to you. I tried to make it work with Ivy, honestly, but we never had the...spark, not the way you and I do. I love you Eponine Harrison. You are the only person for me." Matt gently tilted my chin up to meet his gaze, "Eponine, please stay."

Every protest that had been running through my head vanished as I fully realized the situation. Yes, he'd left me, but he admitted he'd made a mistake.

My mind flashed back to all the good times we'd had together. Our first date at McDonalds because we were broke college students. Our first kiss. The time we got stranded in the rain and he gave me his jacket because I was cold. Could I throw it all away because of a mistake? It was at that instant that I realized my answer, no. I'd made a lot of mistakes too. It had been my choice to break up in the first place.

I held my gaze steady with his as I gave my answer, "Alright, I'll stay."

The words were barely out of my mouth before he started kissing me enthusiastically. I responded by throwing my arms around his neck and kissing him back just as enthusiastically.

As we kissed, i realized something, I wasn't alone anymore.

#16 Alarica A

Alarica A

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 08:04 PM

Chosen photo: http://www.facebook.com/megcabot#!/photo.php?fbid=10150674340664695&set=a.10150674340154695.422309.67512624694&type=3&theater

Unworldly

Okay, I admit it: when I'd told Diana that everything would be fine, I was bluffing.
I'd been able to downplay the whole getting fired thing when explaining it to my mom, but there had been no way to avoid her wrath when Mr. Hinsch had made a personal visit to our house to deliver a certain bill for damages to his resort. A bill that happened to total to about $3,000.... But what was I supposed to do? I couldn't explain what had really happened without landing myself in the loony bin. Because that's what my mom would have assumed I was: absolutely bonkers. To be fair, I would have never believed what happened that day at the Hillside Resort if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes.
Seriously though, Mr. Hinsch could have just called.
So as I sat there in my room, inspecting the small crescent moon-shaped cut beside my left eye, all I could think about was how wrong I'd been when I'd said those four simple words to Diana. Because everything couldn't possibly be fine.
Ironically, that was when I heard it: the banging on my window.
"Liv!"
I knew that I could only be imagining it, though. Because the voice I heard belonged to someone I was pretty sure would never want to talk to me again....
Which is why I nearly jumped in surprise when I looked out my window to see him standing on the balcony outside of my room.
"Um...hi," I said as I lifted the window open -- no easy feat for a girl whose arms were shaking as though they had suddenly turned to gelatin.
Kevin flashed me his Heath Ledger smile, dimples and all. "May I come in?"
"No."
"Can you come out then?"
Without thinking, I thrust one leg out of the window. By that time it was too late to turn back.
"Why are you here, Kevin?" I asked, now only a foot away from him.
"I just wanted to talk to you," he said simply, running a toned arm through his dark hair. Above his head, I could see palm trees blowing under the full moon.
"Really?" I replied sceptically. "Because when I last saw you, I recall you stating quite a contrary desire."
"Olivia, I --"
"You know what?" I interrupted him, on a roll now. "I don't want to hear it. Then I turned, ready to climb back through the window and into my room. Except I couldn't move. Not when Kevin grabbed hold of my arm and turned me back to face him.
"Olivia," he said again. And I'll admit that, for a second there, I'd gotten my hopes up, especially given how close he was to me, and the way he was looking down at me like...well...like he wanted to kiss me.
But that, I knew, was never going to happen.
So you can imagine my surprise when he cupped my face in his hands and kissed me. On the lips.

#17 kmcol_30

kmcol_30

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 03:05 AM

I'm having trouble getting the picture in. I used the 5th one (http://www.facebook....12624694&type=3).

Also, could someone please delete my other post? I clicked the wrong thing. Sorry :)

-------------------------------------------------------
Completely Safe

The soft music from Melissa's small radio swirled around her, but was unable to break through her unease. Logan was still a wolf, and despite the assurances of the pack's doctor, Melissa worried.

In a desperate attempt to distract herself from the unresponsive werewolf in her spare room, Melissa spent the morning baking. There were cheese and bacon scones browning in the oven, cupcakes cooling on the cake rack, the beginnings of soup simmered away in a pot on the stove and Melissa was stirring the last of the flour into the brownie mixture.

Despite the radio's noise, the apartment was far too quiet. Melissa was still a little on edge, expecting the hunters to come barging into her apartment, armed with silver dipped bullets and silver knives.

"I didn't know baking took that kind of concentration."

"Logan. You're you again!" Melissa said eagerly limping over to him. She pecked him on the lips, all too aware of his swollen lip. Carefully, his arm slid around her. She hoped it was a show of affection and not his attempt to inspect her injuries.

"I'm fine," she said, gently slipping her arms gently around his waist. Despite knowing he would heal quickly, she still looked over his injuries anxiously; she hadn't realized how many cuts, bruises and abrasions he had. Without his shirt and without the fur, she could clearly see there were more than she'd been aware of. His hand caught her chin and turned her head, drawing her attention to his face, bringing her focus to him, and away from his damage.

"I'm fine Mel. Don't worry," he said, running his thumb over a cut on her face.

"I know you're fine. You scared me OK? That hunter hit you, and you went down and didn't get back up," she said, tucking herself around him. She'd had trouble accepting that her invincible wolf could be harmed.
The arm around her waist tightened momentarily.

"Frightened me too my love. But we're OK now, and that's what's important," he said, his arm tightening around her again.

Melissa leant her head against his chest, "Good thing you're made of titanium then."

Logan laughed, gingerly bringing his other arm around her, "You must be made of something pretty strong too."

Melissa kissed him again. Properly this time. The threat of death had never seemed so real to her than that night. It was lucky that the hunter who'd hit her Logan had been killed by one of the other wolves. Otherwise, human or not, she'd have found him herself and made him suffer for her pain.

Logan's warmth surrounded her, and she knew his wolf wouldn't let anything happen to her. She was, for the first time in her life, completely safe.

And she'd fight to keep it.

--------------
By KMC

#18 kmcol_30

kmcol_30

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 03:12 AM

OK...so I just realized that link did not work and the photos are in a different order than the facebook site. The one I chose for the basis of my story was the bluish one with the couple on the front. I think it's the 6th one on Meg's site. Sorry for the confusion....

#19 kmcol_30

kmcol_30

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 03:31 AM

This one, I mean: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150674340154695.422309.67512624694&type=3#!/photo.php?fbid=10150674340664695&set=a.10150674340154695.422309.67512624694&type=3&theater

I'm sorry for the posts...I'm apparently having a ditzy day...

#20 Purple Rocks

Purple Rocks

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 448 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 07:33 PM

The Next Level

Posted Image

I couldn't stop thinking, that he didn't belong with me. But in London we were about to kiss (but then Annalisa came to tell us the limo was waiting for us) that had to mean something right!?

Then in Hawaii when I was in a bikini he was looking at me a little differently (well it was either that or the burrito he ate earlier or my imagination, again).

I was thinking this when I could've sworn I heard the purring sound of Zach's convertible. I mean I know I love him and all, but do I really love him THAT much to imagine the purr of his car? I guess so.

....But to be on the safe side( not that I was hoping he'll say that I'm the love of his life and beg for me on his knees or anything) I checked outside.

Yup,it was him. So I quickly did my girl magic and went outside.

"Rachael" he said.

"Hey Zach, whadda' you doin' here in this part of town? I thought you hated me and never wanted to see me. And that you needed a "break" from being a spy." I said and not very nice either.

Okay, I know I'm being hard on him. I mean he came all the way down here for something and I'm dissing him. Way to treat your man, Rachael(well he isn't my man, but you know what I mean).

But his expression didn't change, but I could've sworn that in his eyes that he felt a wave of hurt.

"Rachael" he said again "Listen to me. I know you don't want to but just listen to me please."

"Fine" I said gravely "But I hope it won't take long. You know I'm busy with spy stuff. And with personal things that I need to worry about than to listen to you."

I hoped that hurt. Because it was meant to. I want him to feel the hurt he'd given to me in New York. He left me alone when I needed him the most.

"I...I.." he started "I thought YOU were the one that hated me. So I said that to you. Paul told me that you hated me because I'm an .....orphan. So I just wanted to apologize the way I acted.

"Here milk chocolates and white roses. Your favorite." he said as he handed me the the things. I was ...shocked. I couldn't believe Paul said that. And most of all I was shocked that he even remembered that I like milk chocolates and white roses!

He was turning to leave when I said "Wait."

"I'll forgive you if you forgive me"

"Thanks" was all he said and kept walking.

I put the things down on the table. And rushed toward him.

Turned him around and kissed him.

Then he told me "I was hoping you were going to that"

"Shut up" I said and kissed him some more.

#21 LuluPirate

LuluPirate

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 09:15 PM

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150674340789695&set=a.10150674340154695.422309.67512624694&type=3&permPage=1

Prison on Paradise

I kept walking, really it didn't take me long before I found some good food, shelter, and water that wasn't salty like the ocean. The good news is that made it, right? I did what I needed to do to keep alive, so why did I feel so bad about it? I would never know. There are just things in life that people will never know. Kind of like how I will never know if Sarah actually skipped school with Brad, or if Marcus ever made the football team. These are things we all live with, the not knowing. Yet, I've learned to love mysteries. Not the Nancy Drew type, but the kind where there are no nice edges, not every piece fits into place. Like my story, not everything fits together, but all those unorganized pieces brought me here, stuck on an island, which I can never get off because then I'll be sentenced to jail for the rest of my life. I guess that's what happens to some of us, at one point we stop being so careful, let go of the wheel, and hope something wonderful happens. Some people get lucky, but the rest of us, the unlucky ones, end up here, to a place you can't leave. A place where you have to act happy and have great things right in front of you, but every time you reach for them, they're gone. So maybe that's the moral of the story, enjoy the good part of life, before you get stuck in a prison, and where every smile is a fake. Before life becomes a prison on paradise.

#22 jmz1015

jmz1015

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 01:04 PM

Posted Image

Impulse

So that was who the man with the sunglasses was. Lana knew what she had to do, she didn’t like the idea, but in order to protect herself and the people around her she would have to run. And not just to a nearby town. She had to go far away, far enough that he wouldn’t find her.

She knew it would be easier if she could bring Garrett with her. But she didn’t want to think about him right now. His betrayal still stung and thinking about him was like reopening an old wound. She knew it was cliché, but she actually felt like he had broken her heart. It hurt a lot. She had realized that it’s the most painful when someone you trust so completely sells you out and you never hear from them again. Although if she saw him again she wasn’t sure what she’d do. Ideally she’d yell at him for all the pain he’d caused her and then never speak to him again. But that would be difficult considering that when those intense green eyes looked down at her she would probably fall for him all over again. And she wasn’t sure she was completely over him yet anyway. The guy who completely ruined her life and the lives of everyone she knew! She wished she was, and she wished she had never had any feelings for him in the first place, but her feelings weren’t something that she could control.

But Lana had much more important things to worry about at the moment. She decided to write a note for her family and leave it at her house. She didn’t want them to worry too much, even though she was pretty sure they had seen by now what Sunglasses Man had done up at the school while he was chasing her. It didn’t say where she was going, but that was something she wasn’t even sure of yet. She decided to walk to the nearest train station and hoped she’d be able to come up with a plan from there.

Her biggest priority was keeping her secret, because she wasn’t sure she could handle another humiliation or betrayal like the one with Garrett. And although she wasn’t completely sure what Sunglasses Man would do once he caught her, she knew it couldn’t be good. Besides, there had to be more people like him out there, and she couldn’t imagine what it would be like if they found out and she had to run from them too. Sunglasses Man alone was enough of a problem. She had to keep her secret safe.

As she took one last backward glance at the only home she’d ever known and began what she knew would be a long and difficult journey, she was so preoccupied that she didn’t notice the man with the navy suit and sunglasses watching her from a car parked on the street. He was ready to do whatever it took to follow her.

#23 admin_ann

admin_ann

Meg Cabot Reader

• Administrators
  • 245 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 04:40 PM

Hi! Today is the last day to enter the Meg Cabot Covers contest!

Please go here to vote for your favorite!

Rules:
You can't vote for yourself
You can only vote once
If the story doesn't have a title, just list the first line as the title

The winner will be announced soon....

#24 Miraopolis

Miraopolis

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 05:29 PM

Cover:
http://a1.sphotos.ak...161945036_n.jpg

One Last Time

"So...are you really going?"
I looked up at him; the boy whom I had shared so many secrets with...so many kisses with. My red bodice suddenly felt too tight, and I found myself breathing faster. I swore to myself I did not start out with the intention of hurting Dash. If I had, I would never forgive the woman I had become. Yet, now, he looked so doe-eyed and hurt that I found myself blaming the whole situation on myself.

"I am," I whispered, looking down, annoyed at the tears forming in my eyes.

"Madeline."

I looked up then, only because he had called me by my full name, and a tear fell, much to my dismay. It was so cold yet so warm against my cheek and I quickly brushed it away. Dash let out a sigh and grabbed onto my hand, pushing me into his body and kissing me. Warm lips on mine, soft fingers in my hair. I kissed him back, even though I told myself I would not, and I did not regret it when I pulled away.

I looked at him, one last time, and I knew I would miss what I saw. Brown speckled eyes rimmed with thick lashes, brilliant auburn hair curling at the ends, soft pink lips in a faint smile, broad shoulders. Dash. I kissed him again, one last time, and I knew I would see him again-perhaps in a year, a decade...another lifetime. Again.

And, because he loved me, he let me go.

#25 admin_ann

admin_ann

Meg Cabot Reader

• Administrators
  • 245 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 09:35 AM

And the winner of the Meg Cabot Covers Contest is:

LuLuPirate with the story Prison on Paradise!

LuLuPirate is a new member of the forums. We're so glad to have you, LuLuPirate. Lots of admirers of your lovely and mysterious story.

Congrats to LuLuPirate and all the writers. Stay tuned for the next contest!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users