Photo

Who is the better anti-hero J.P or Paul?

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Kruti Timbadia

Kruti Timbadia

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 11:18 AM

I personally go for Paul.
How about you guys?
Do mention the reason for it. :)

#2 starberry

starberry

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,204 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 11:27 AM

Paul. I think because he doesn't try to hide his badness. JP though is just a wuss who manipulates things from the inside out and tries to act like a goody goody. At least, Paul sort of let's on to Suze that he's doing something bad and isn't afraid to admit it. Plus, I think in a fight Paul would win hands down.

M :)

#3 Jcrazy

Jcrazy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,679 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 11:40 AM

Absolutely Paul! Same reason as starberry. JP's just a whimp really...haha.

Good topic!

#4 Shaheen

Shaheen

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Validating
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 11:47 AM

I'll go for J.P. as anti-hero.
Paul was kinda nice at the end......

#5 Shaheen

Shaheen

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Validating
  • 2,235 posts

#6 Shaheen

Shaheen

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Validating
  • 2,235 posts

#7 Shaheen

Shaheen

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Validating
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 11:49 AM

OMYGOSH!!
My PC is screwing up.
I clicked only once.
This happened the 2nd time today....:(

#8 IceCube424

IceCube424

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 08:48 PM

tottally J.P (:
'Nuff said

#9 Dramagirl221

Dramagirl221

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 665 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 08:51 PM

Paul, for the reason's starberry said.

The thing is though... I just can't grasp the fact that JP is bad. Everyone keeps going on and on about him being a bad guy, but.... She shouldn't do that! He was only a bad guy for a few pages, whereas Paul was for pretty much the whole time!

Grr. I LIKEJP. He still seems like a nice guy.

#10 casey06

casey06

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 10:54 PM

Definitely Paul because it was obvious he was bad, and he and Suze had more of a "connection" or a sexual tension i guess, that threatened Suze and Jesses' relationship. While JP and Mia never really had a connection and Mia was never attracted to him and Michael had obviously been the only one for Mia. Like it has already been said, JP is kinda just pathetic and wasn't truly bad, he wasn't even made to appear bad until the last few pages of the last book. So yeah Paul!!! :)

#11 Kruti Timbadia

Kruti Timbadia

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 01:22 AM

U guys really rock!
Each one is really convincing!
I liked Every reason.
thank you guys for answering.
And also if you find any other character fitting in just speak it out! :)
Kudos!

#12 CracKing97

CracKing97

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 09:14 AM

Well, I hate J.P more than I hate Paul. But I still think that Paul's the better anti-hero =P

#13 Ami

Ami

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Moderators
  • 9,185 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 03:07 PM

I initially though Paul, because he was INSANELY awesome, but now that I've read your comments, I can see what you mean. He did turn out really... nice at the end. It would've rocked if he continued being the way he was, but I suppose every novel has to end :)

But still, Paul. I think his personality was a lot more interesting than JPs.

Ami

#14 kylie

kylie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,329 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 12:23 PM

Paul of course! JP was just annoying.

#15 Allthingsstellar

Allthingsstellar

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 10:22 PM

Paul - he seems more dangerous.

But what JP does is more despicable.

so I guess I like Paul more - as an antihero too.

Rivea :icon_flower:

#16 gabibs

gabibs

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 12:36 PM

I agree with kylie!Paul's personality is stronger than JP's!And he's hot!!!hahaha

#17 sancia

sancia

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,493 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 12:59 PM

Paul because he doesn't pretend to be "good" or nice.

#18 MegCabotfancomingthrough

MegCabotfancomingthrough

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 08:18 PM

Paul all the way! He isn't like JP in any way. JP just wanted fame and by going out with Mia, he gets that. He is a such a user. Paul is really sweet even though he can be annoying sometimes but yeah, he doesn't use Suze to his own good or anything like that. PAUL :)

#19 24moon100

24moon100

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 5,019 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 05:01 PM

PAUL all the way baby! Even though I haven't read the PD books yet I can still already tell you It would be Paul. ;) I loved Paul actually. He was kinda the baddie in the books. But, somehow, I seemed to associate all his screw ups for something else; loneliness. If you think about it, Paul was actually pretty lonely in life. He just wanted to be understood. I guess you could say thats why he wanted Suze. And, like someone already said, he's HOT! :D

:heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat:

-MEG

#20 Sapphireshell19

Sapphireshell19

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 230 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 07:12 AM

Paul. Hands down.
JP had the potential to be a really cool, badass anti-hero and actually that's what I had hoped he would be in PD 10, only he wasn't.
I was really hoping for him to actually make it hard for Michael to win Mia back, but really he (Michael) had basically won her back the moment she saw him at Columbia and rest of the book was basically about her wrestling with her feelings for him.
There was no major battle for her heart, Michael had already won it and just by walking into a room that she was in! Which I was rather disappointed about, not because I didn't want M&M back together but because I wanted a more... well, what Paul was to Suze and Jesse's relationship. With them, there was the real jeopardy of Suze possibly falling for Paul and ending up with him (and not only because of the 'Jesse is a ghost and Paul's a human' reason either). There a real chance of that happening.
With JP, nadda. It became obvious, real early in book 10 that JP was really no threat to M&M getting back together. The only threat of them not getting back together was more from Mia's own over-thinking everything, than him. And that was really disappointing. I finished the book going 'YAY! M&M are back together! I still hate Lilly, and Oh My God! JP is a truly pathetic human being', those were exact my thoughts when I finished book 10.
He just doesn't do anything! There was no suspence with him as there was with Paul.
Plus Paul is far more likeable and believable and is not pathetic as JP is. As least Paul was genuinely sadden by Suze choosing Jesse in the end, JP on the other hand is on the phone (Ok, yes, Mia did tell him to call Stacy) not even five minutes after Mia breaks up with him.
I think Meg could have done more with him, way, way more with him, but she just didn't, maybe because she wanted M&M back together as much as us, I don't know. But as it's been said above, really in truth, we only have a couple of pages of JP being the "Bad Guy", which he wasn't, those pages were really simply showing just how pathetic he truly is.
Ok, that's enough of my rambling. I think I've vented enough about the 'cool baddie' and the 'pathetic baddie'.
But yeah, Paul.

#21 suze.angelova

suze.angelova

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 02:10 AM

Paul. Is. Simply. Amazing.

That is all :P

:heartbeat: Suze

#22 BonkersBookworm78

BonkersBookworm78

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 03:38 PM

J.P annoys me sooooo much, Paul is evil but in a cool evil genius way (I may think this because Jesse irritates me) . :spinstar:

#23 khadi24

khadi24

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 05:06 AM

Paul ♥

I don't have any liking for JP cause I was really frustrated at Mia for having such blind faith in him. I'm sure he regretted everything but I never liked JP.

Paul, on the other hand, is plain gorgeous :P For some reason, my heart was divided between Jesse and Paul. And I honestly felt bad for him. He's the bad boy everyone loves, I think.

#24 khadi24

khadi24

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 05:08 AM

Paul. Hands down.
JP had the potential to be a really cool, badass anti-hero and actually that's what I had hoped he would be in PD 10, only he wasn't.
I was really hoping for him to actually make it hard for Michael to win Mia back, but really he (Michael) had basically won her back the moment she saw him at Columbia and rest of the book was basically about her wrestling with her feelings for him.
There was no major battle for her heart, Michael had already won it and just by walking into a room that she was in! Which I was rather disappointed about, not because I didn't want M&M back together but because I wanted a more... well, what Paul was to Suze and Jesse's relationship. With them, there was the real jeopardy of Suze possibly falling for Paul and ending up with him (and not only because of the 'Jesse is a ghost and Paul's a human' reason either). There a real chance of that happening.
With JP, nadda. It became obvious, real early in book 10 that JP was really no threat to M&M getting back together. The only threat of them not getting back together was more from Mia's own over-thinking everything, than him. And that was really disappointing. I finished the book going 'YAY! M&M are back together! I still hate Lilly, and Oh My God! JP is a truly pathetic human being', those were exact my thoughts when I finished book 10.
He just doesn't do anything! There was no suspence with him as there was with Paul.
Plus Paul is far more likeable and believable and is not pathetic as JP is. As least Paul was genuinely sadden by Suze choosing Jesse in the end, JP on the other hand is on the phone (Ok, yes, Mia did tell him to call Stacy) not even five minutes after Mia breaks up with him.
I think Meg could have done more with him, way, way more with him, but she just didn't, maybe because she wanted M&M back together as much as us, I don't know. But as it's been said above, really in truth, we only have a couple of pages of JP being the "Bad Guy", which he wasn't, those pages were really simply showing just how pathetic he truly is.
Ok, that's enough of my rambling. I think I've vented enough about the 'cool baddie' and the 'pathetic baddie'.
But yeah, Paul.

I absolutely agree with you :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users