• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 MermaidsRule:)

MermaidsRule:)

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 10:14 PM

:heartbeat: Hey just wondering who yall like better-Tinna HakimBaba or Lilly Moscovitz?

Tina's so much nicer.....
but Lilly is related to MICHAEL! :a_smil08:

#2 CrazyClavie

CrazyClavie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Moderators
  • 10,575 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 10:34 PM

Tina!! I have had friends like Lily and, in retrospect, they did me more harm than good. LOL

#3 MermaidsRule:)

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 12:00 AM

Thank you so much for responding!!!! I'm a first time poster. Ilove Tina too. the lillies in mylifewere a dissapointment.

#4 CrazyClavie

CrazyClavie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Moderators
  • 10,575 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 10:17 PM

It was the same off for me. Like when I look back at them I don't know..

Anyway, I did like Lily in the end, but I didn't for most of the PD books.

#5 Will_Wagner_luvr

Will_Wagner_luvr

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 12:21 AM

I liked Lily more in the first books, but late on, Tina trumped her. I think it is a tie.

#6 completely unsure

completely unsure

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 12:29 PM

I think overall I like Lily a lot better but I hate her sometimes too. I like her quirky personality but I don't like the way she goes about things sometimes. She's fun but she can be a little immature at times. Tina is such a sweetheart but a little naive at times. She's too plain for my likings.

#7 MermaidsRule:)

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 02:28 PM

Lilly kinda acts like a brat sometimes, but you are right, Tina is sort of naive. Her imagination goes into overdrive. But Lilly was pretty much just plain mean for most of the books. :icon_sunny:

#8 Mocha007

Mocha007

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 05:04 PM

I think Lilly has a very forceful personality, which at times is good but can be overwhelming; she also tends to not be as empathetic as she could be. Since Mia's known Lilly forever, I can understand why she'd want to hold onto that friendship, and why she would easily rationalize or forgive the times when Lilly's pretty mean to her, but I liked Tina way more throughout the series. She reminds me of my own friends (I don't really have any who are like Lilly though :P)

#9 Allthingsstellar

Allthingsstellar

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 12:14 AM

Tina :heartbeat: and her romance novels lol ;)

Rivea :icon_flower:

#10 CracKing97

CracKing97

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 02:58 AM

Well, Lilly is the one who knows Mia best but at times doesn't understand her. Lilly gets frustrated really easily. Tina, on the other hand, was always there for Mia. Plus she gives good advice and is REALLY nice. B)
So I guess I pick Tina :) But I like Lilly also ;)

#11 Mrs. James McAvoy

Mrs. James McAvoy

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 06:09 PM

Lilly's very annoying and judgmental. I like Tina way better, plus she has that whole princess thing in common with Mia.

#12 CrazyClavie

CrazyClavie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Moderators
  • 10,575 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 12:20 AM

^^^I think that's another thing.
Tina and Mia relate because they know what it's like to have to deal with, for example, having a bodyguard and what it implies. Lily never really gets it, I think

#13 ninafan

ninafan

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 01:53 AM

Tina, she's more loyal than Lily and a true friend wouldn't do what Lily did to Mia.

#14 Rebel Wolf Chris

Rebel Wolf Chris

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 07:34 PM

Tina for sure. Lily was an outright, or no so outright, well.. b**** to Mia throughout most of the series. Tina on the other hand, was always there for Mia - a true friend.

#15 mrsktj

mrsktj

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 09:59 PM

oh my god is there any argument here? Tina of course! She's so sweet and much more supportive than Lily.

I do feel kinda sorry for Lily though. She is obviously a tortured soul.

#16 Rebel Wolf Chris

Rebel Wolf Chris

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 03:14 AM

She does never seem happy does she? Always teasing her 'friends' and lashing out at everybody.

#17 MermaidsRule:)

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 08:53 PM

Yeah lilly is misunderstood. plus michael is sooooooo much more awesome(patient understanding etc.) than she is and i think that finally got to her in the later books. :wacko:
but tina's romance novels are so cool, and it seems like it was originally tina and her novels that inspire mia to write ransom my heart. at least a tiny bit.

#18 Sapphireshell19

Sapphireshell19

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 230 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 06:41 PM

It's kinda hard to choose, as I have friends who are so like both of them... which at times can cause hours of entertainment when we're all together, but also a great deal of headaches and hurt.
But personally I'm going to have say Tina; she may say some naive, silly things at times but she means no harm by what she says, unlike Lilly who does. Tina doesn't shot Mia down but then she doesn't force Mia to see how things really are at times, like Lilly does occassionaly.
So its hard. They are both valuable friends in their own right but overall, I think I really have to go with Tina.

#19 casey06

casey06

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 11:34 PM

yeah i liked Lilly at first because she was outspoken and had an opinion and i respected that, but then she turned out to be a jerk and had a terrible attitude/jealousy problem. However, she is related to Michael so I could put up with her if that meant I'd have him :). Anyways Tina is a lot better of a friend and she never left Mia, as Lilly did when Mia needed her most. Tina seems like more fun to have a sleepover with (gossiping about guys) than Lilly.

#20 Starshine9486

Starshine9486

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 11:27 PM

Totally Tina! She is a much better friend than Lily is despite Lily's "redemption" in the last book. Even more the big disconnect she was always such a jerk to Mia and usually for no reason!

#21 sancia

sancia

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,493 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 04:17 AM

Tina - she's nice and always there for Mia! Lily's such a jerk.

#22 casey06

casey06

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 05:11 AM

hmmm. well i really liked Lilly in the early books but then Tina kinda was a better friend

but then again i started not to like a lot of people in the later books

like michael he kinda changed. he got grumpy. and kind of impatient. like the early teen romance thing wore off.

I don't know. Meg Cabot did a very good job in the Princess Diaries books with how she showed how the characters grew and changed over the years and how they matured

especially Mia of course but other characters got on my nerves. like michael. i will always love him of course but he got pushy and i still am in shock about him just giving up on Mia when he went to Japan. even though he technically didnt he still left her in the lurch even after knowing all those years with how insecure Mia was with their relationship in the first place.

#23 flutegirl

flutegirl

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 829 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 11:54 AM

For the sake of nostalgia, I pick Lilly, she and Mia were together from day one, and ended together as well. New friends are silver, and the old are gold. I'm such a loon. Ah well. :)

#24 bookperson

bookperson

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 828 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 03:30 PM

In all honestly they both have very irritating qualities.

Lilly is a know it all brat who is super judgemental about everyone. She can't be tied down too. To me deep down she's boy crazy

Tina is gone a lot in her mind. She thinks life is like a romance novel. She also complains a lot and thinks that she knows about a situation when really she doesn't. She has way too much optimism.

They both have good qualities too

Lilly is very smart and can be very supportive. She also helps a lot when it comes to a crisis.

Tina is very nice. She offers some good advice. Overall you want to hang out with her.

I'm gonna pick Lilly because she can also be hilarious.

I apologize if this offends anyone.

#25 TheRomanceBookie

TheRomanceBookie

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 05:40 PM

:heartbeat: Hey just wondering who yall like better-Tinna HakimBaba or Lilly Moscovitz?

Tina's so much nicer.....
but Lilly is related to MICHAEL! :a_smil08:

:icon_lol: I like Tina better too, but if Lilly is related to Michael she doesn't get to have him ... :happy11:

#26 Indyee

Indyee

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 12:37 PM

Um, definitely Tina. She's a little naive sometimes and not that smart. But at least she's a loyal friend and she's very nice.

Lilly's just very arrogant. And I know she's misunderstood and whatever.. But Tina suits Mia so much better as a friend.. Lilly could be a great friend... for someone else. Not Mia. They just don't understand each other. Maybe they can learn a little something from each other, but best friends are supposed to be more equal..

At least, that's what I think.

So yeah, I'm gonna have to go with Tina.

#27 BonkersBookworm78

BonkersBookworm78

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 03:58 PM

Tina is brilliant but I really like Lily and I totally get why she stopped being Mia's friend .I don't think Mia really deserved either of them let alone Micheal sometimes she acted totally heartless. But I do understand why people would disagree with me about Lilly and Mia but we all see things from our own perspective depending on our own experiences. :spinstar:

#28 roana

roana

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 06:30 AM

Both Tina and Lilly were extraordinary friends for Mia throughout the series.

I understand why most people have chosen Tina over Lilly, but we have to keep in mind that Lilly is a genius, like her brother, and usually, geniuses are not understood. Living in the family that she does, I can understand why Lilly compares humans with the prototypes from her parents psychology books, whereas Tina compares them with the characters from romance novels. Neither one correct because humans are much more complex then that (especially Mia).

I think both of them have been great friends to Mia and the reason that Lilly was so mean to her some times it's because Mia wasn't truthful with anybody other then her diary.

But if Mia would have had the courage to tell what she thinks, the series would have never been written.

#29 khadi24

khadi24

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 04:58 AM

Tina :)
Maybe because I'm more like her than Lilly.

I mean, I love Lilly but there is a side of her that didn't support Mia in some situations. But Tina was always there.
So yeah, Tina. Although Lilly is pretty cool too :)

#30 MermaidsRule:)

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 12:04 PM

Oh my gosh this thread is still going on!

#31 satya

satya

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 01:05 AM

Tina! because she's totally my kind of person! <3 & ofcourse, she's always there for Mia, as compared 2 Lily :D

#32 Meg_Rulz

Meg_Rulz

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 608 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 06:56 AM

In all honestly they both have very irritating qualities.

Lilly is a know it all brat who is super judgemental about everyone. She can't be tied down too. To me deep down she's boy crazy

Tina is gone a lot in her mind. She thinks life is like a romance novel. She also complains a lot and thinks that she knows about a situation when really she doesn't. She has way too much optimism.

They both have good qualities too

Lilly is very smart and can be very supportive. She also helps a lot when it comes to a crisis.

Tina is very nice. She offers some good advice. Overall you want to hang out with her.

I'm gonna pick Lilly because she can also be hilarious.

I apologize if this offends anyone.

Same here! :mgbubblegum:

#33 dbcWinter

dbcWinter

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 776 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 07:38 AM

Given Mia's personality, I think Lilly as a friend can do more good for her than Tina.

I mean, Mia can be super neurotic at times, she blows things way out of the proportion and her behaviour is just silly sometimes. Tina, with her  'awwws' and 'that's so romantic' and 'I'll support you no matter what' usually doesn't do nothing but support her erratic behaviour. Don't get me wrong, unconditional support is very important when it comes to friendships, but Tina usually just lets Mia do crazy things!

For example, in one of the later books, Mia asks Tina on whose side she is, Michael's or JP's, and Tina responds with 'JP's - that's who you chose, right?' (or sometihng along those lines) What I'm saying is that Tina just goes along with it and often doesn't really specify her opinion - she just agrees with Mia. In the end, this does Mia more bad than good. Mia sometimes needs to be forced to see a perspective other than her own in order to realize how silly she is being. And Lilly usually offers this perspective.

LIlly, on the other hand, tells Mia when she is being stupid. Lilly certainly can lacks people skills at times, and she usually comes off as judgemental or bossy when giving advice to Mia, but she at least tries to reason with her and make Mia see that she is wrong. I do think Lilly only wants good for Mia but her way of reaching out is often too cold and forceful - this is what makes her look uncaring and cold.

Of course we tend to see 'the best' as the thing/person that is sweet, caring, agreeable, but I do think in Mia's case, she sometimes needs to be yelled at or put in her place.

Just my two cents :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (1)