• Please log in to reply
490 replies to this topic

#406 24moon100

24moon100

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 5,019 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 01:35 PM

I dont know why that posted on this topic too, but at least it makes sense on here as well :P

Anyway, I actually posted (but my net stuffed up) that you girls should check out books by Jennifer Laurens and Rachel Hawthorne if you like romances, cos both theirs are really good :)

:heartbeat: Suze

What books should I get if you had to pick one I should read first by them? :)

#407 24moon100

24moon100

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 5,019 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 01:35 PM

Going book shopping today :) yay.

What books did you end up getting Jamie? :)

#408 Jcrazy

Jcrazy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,679 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 04:20 PM

What books did you end up getting Jamie? :)

I only got one because we were there for like two second :/ But it's Everything you need to know to survive the apocalypse by Lucas Klauss. And, no, its not actually an instructional guide. :P But it's really good. I'm about half way done.

#409 kylie

kylie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,329 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 07:50 PM

Can anyone tell me how Crossed by Ally Condie was?
I read Matched and thought it was alright, but I haven't got around to the sequel yet.
I think it's got really good potential, so was it good? Better than Matched?

#410 Jcrazy

Jcrazy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,679 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 08:42 PM

Can anyone tell me how Crossed by Ally Condie was?
I read Matched and thought it was alright, but I haven't got around to the sequel yet.
I think it's got really good potential, so was it good? Better than Matched?

It was definitely good. I think I liked it better than Matched, but there were a few points where it sort of dragged. It's from both Cassia And Ky's perspectives, if you didn't know. I think that's why I liked it more than Matched.

#411 sancia

sancia

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,493 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 03:43 AM

Like Jamie said, Crossed was good. I liked it more than Matched because it shows also Ky's side of the story. :)

#412 CrazyClavie

CrazyClavie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Moderators
  • 10,576 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 01:58 AM

Oh, I forgot I meant to read Crossed too.
I read Matched and I liked it up to about half way through, but from there down I just started to lose interest, until the very end. :P

#413 kylie

kylie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,329 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 11:04 AM

That's good. I think I will read it soon. :)

#414 starberry

starberry

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,204 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 11:27 AM

Just finished Don't Expect Magic by Kathy McCullough it's a cute book though I did not identify with the main character at all. She's a bit insufferable though admittedly she did calm down a lot by the end. But if you're interested in cute books about fairy godmothers and magic this is the book for you.

Interested in doing some research (i.e. buying/writing a blog entry) on dystopian themed books. I'm particularly interested in knowing why this is a popular trend, so any opinions/suggestions on reading material and for why you like the sub genre would be great.

M :)

#415 Beautifully Intended

Beautifully Intended

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 10,131 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 12:25 PM

^^^I have Don't Expect Magic in my TBR. It looked like a cute book.

I'm reading Born Wicked by Jessica Spotswood and Scarlet by A.C. Gaughen right now.

#416 starberry

starberry

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,204 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 02:05 PM

^^^I have Don't Expect Magic in my TBR. It looked like a cute book.

I'm reading Born Wicked by Jessica Spotswood and Scarlet by A.C. Gaughen right now.

It's very cute. Delaney is just a very difficult character in the beginning of the novel. And I understand why, but it can come off as a bit irratating at times. Though overall I think you'll really, really like it. It sort of reminded me of My Fair God Mother by Janetter Rallison except the story takes on a more realistic quality about it.

Oh, I want to read that one (Born Wicked) it's been getting good reviews and the trailer looks pretty stinking awesome.

M

#417 Beautifully Intended

Beautifully Intended

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 10,131 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 07:16 PM

^^^Born Wicked is AMAZING. I just finished it today and loved it- gonna hopefully meet Jessica next month in Virginia.

I actually decided to not read Scarlet- couldn't get past the language (period-specific, so it's not proper grammar) so now I'm on to A Tale of Two Proms by Cara Lockwood. Much better. :)

#418 DianaSF

DianaSF

Meg Cabot Fan

• Moderators
  • 735 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 09:42 PM

Has anyone here read The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater? It might be the next book I'll be reading, and I was wondering what you guys thought of it.

#419 CrazyClavie

CrazyClavie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Moderators
  • 10,576 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 12:03 AM

^^^Born Wicked is AMAZING. I just finished it today and loved it- gonna hopefully meet Jessica next month in Virginia.

I actually decided to not read Scarlet- couldn't get past the language (period-specific, so it's not proper grammar) so now I'm on to A Tale of Two Proms by Cara Lockwood. Much better. :)

I hope you love Tale of Two Proms! I did!! :D

#420 starberry

starberry

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,204 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 10:31 AM

I read a Tale of Two Proms and loved it. Actually the first ebook I ever read, believe it or not. I thought it provided some nice resolution to the series and it sort of made me want to read some Dickens which is weird since I've sworn off Dickens since being forced to read Great Expectations.

#421 CrazyClavie

CrazyClavie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Moderators
  • 10,576 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 07:22 PM

I read a Tale of Two Proms and loved it. Actually the first ebook I ever read, believe it or not. I thought it provided some nice resolution to the series and it sort of made me want to read some Dickens which is weird since I've sworn off Dickens since being forced to read Great Expectations.

Oh dear, I don't read Dickens, I just watch BBC mini series based on his books! Like David Copperfield

LOL

I'm so happy you liked Tale of Two Proms! I Wuv that series and I was glad to have some conclusion.

#422 starberry

starberry

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,204 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 12:04 PM

Oh dear, I don't read Dickens, I just watch BBC mini series based on his books! Like David Copperfield

LOL

I'm so happy you liked Tale of Two Proms! I Wuv that series and I was glad to have some conclusion.

Ha, I'll probably end up watching a BBC version of his stuff too rather than reading it. Though I want to read his stuff after this book being out and being oblivious to all the Tale of Two Cities Stuff and the fact it's his 200th birthday. The closest Dickens oriented thing lately I've seen in Blackadder's version of Dickens's Christmas Carol which is hilarious, by the way.

I was so happy that we did get some conclusion to that series. It has been such a looong time. And I do think Cara did a good job for the most part tying up lose ends. I was just a little sad that
Spoiler

Just finished reading Epic Fail by Claire LaZebnik and am now reading Prom and Prejudice by Elizabeth Eulberg. I know two YA P&P retellings in one week. I'm just in a very Pride and Prejudice mood lately, but have no effort or brain power to read the real thing again since I do most of my reading while commuting back and forth from school.

Bought: Born Wicked, Bewitching, and Carrier of the Mark this week at my bookstore. Will probably start on one of them next week. Heard excellent things about Born Wicked-which is why I bought it. I like Alex Flinn's work and I loved the Kendra character in Beastly, so I think Bewitching looks interesting. As for Carrier of the Mark I bought it mainly because it took place in Ireland and after being in Ireland last summer I wanted some nostalgia.

#423 kylie

kylie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,329 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 01:36 PM

Ooh, The Scorpio Races. I would like to know how that was too. I bought it recently, but I haven't got around to reading it yet.

#424 suze.angelova

suze.angelova

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 06:57 AM

@Molly-

Ive read Prom and Prejudice and Epic Fail too: they are really cute and I thought the authors did a good job re-telling the classic, but for younger readers :)

#425 Beautifully Intended

Beautifully Intended

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 10,131 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 08:33 AM

I'm currently reading The Last Little Blue Envelope by Maureen Johnson and The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith and loving both. I'm taking a break from blogging and gonna be reading some 2010/2011 books in the meantime (and a couple 2012 titles I'm extremely interested in, like Perception by Kim Harrington) to review when I come back. I just really needed a break from my schedule because for the first time, I had to put down several books because I wasn't feeling them. So now I'm just gonna read whatever I feel like and review it. I'm excited! :)

#426 suze.angelova

suze.angelova

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 10:17 AM

I read The Last Little Blue Envelope although I didnt enjoy it as much as I shoulve because I accidently read that one before the first one :P

#427 starberry

starberry

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,204 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 12:40 PM

Finished Carrier of the Mark. I do not recommend. It has an interesting set up, but it just seemed like a Twilight rehash which was sad. The same goes for Modelland as well :(

Am reading Shattered Me right now sort of ambivalent about it. It seems interest Xmen meets dystopia, but the prose makes it difficult to get into-if you love free form prose though with heavy metaphors you might enjoy it more than me. As I said, I don't hate it by any means, it's just not my cup of tea.

IM

#428 solique

solique

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 686 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 10:39 AM

Has anyone read the manga DeathNote? Aaagghh it's so good. Even for non-manga readers, it's so fantastic.

x

#429 Beautifully Intended

Beautifully Intended

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 10,131 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 10:25 PM

I finished up Hemlock by Kathleen Peacock earlier today (comes out in May), and Pretty Crooked by Elisa Ludwig yesterday. Currently I'm reading Cordially Uninvited by Jennifer Roy, Insurgent by Veronica Roth, Gone Gone Gone by Hannah Moskowitz, and The Curiosities by Maggie Stiefvater, Brenna Yovanoff and Tessa Gratton. Yeah, it's a lot, but I just couldn't wait to start The Curiosities- really loving it so far!

#430 Gee{or}jah

Gee{or}jah

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 657 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 02:42 AM

Just read Take a Bow - Elizabeth Eulberg and I LOVE EACH MOMENT OF IT.

I seriously wished the book was like, a thousand pages as I could read her writing forever.

The plot, the characters. the writing. LOVE.

I think I actually fell in love with Ethan, and wished I was even a fraction as talented as Emme,

It was definitely worth reading and worth the hours I will now have to spend not sleeping doing assignments.

I recommend this to everyone!

Georgia.

#431 Beautifully Intended

Beautifully Intended

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 10,131 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 08:09 AM

^^^I absolutely adored Take a Bow. You should check out Elizabeth's previous two books if you haven't already. Even though I think Take a Bow is her best yet, her other two books are still really enjoyable.

#432 Jcrazy

Jcrazy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,679 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 10:18 AM

Ooh I read Take A bow the other day too :) Agreed, it was AWESOME.

#433 CrazyClavie

CrazyClavie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Moderators
  • 10,576 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 03:32 PM

You're making me want to break my book buying band and buy Take a Bow!!!
I actually finished another of Mandy's book last night: Getting Caught. It was short but lots of fun, and she co-wrote it with Cyn Balog

#434 Beautifully Intended

Beautifully Intended

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 10,131 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 06:35 PM

^^^I have a copy of that! I really need to get around to it. I remember it was fairly short, so I should be able to fit it in soon.

#435 Pretty.Odd.

Pretty.Odd.

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,498 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 12:14 PM

Working on "The Passage" by Justin Cronin now. I'm, like, 300 pages in and dying. It's really fantastic, but it's LONG. Like, 900 pages... Whatever. His writing is fantastic. And it's enjoyable.

Anyone else read it?

xoxoArtemis

#436 Pretty.Odd.

Pretty.Odd.

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,498 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 12:23 PM

Working on "The Passage" by Justin Cronin now. I'm, like, 300 pages in and dying. It's really fantastic, but it's LONG. Like, 900 pages... Whatever. His writing is fantastic. And it's enjoyable.

Anyone else read it?

xoxoArtemis

Derp de derp, how about you use the word "fantastic" one more time, Artemis?!

Sorry. I get really mad at myself over stuff like that...

xoxoArtemis

#437 CrazyClavie

CrazyClavie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Moderators
  • 10,576 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:33 AM

^^^I have a copy of that! I really need to get around to it. I remember it was fairly short, so I should be able to fit it in soon.

It's less than 200 pages.

And I read it all in one afternoon, so you'll probably be able to read it faster.

Has anyone read Faking Faith by Jossie Bloss and/or Nothing like you by Lauren Strasnick.

I'm torn between the two and I only got budget for one :)

#438 KatieCakes

KatieCakes

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 04:21 PM

Has anyone read Faking Faith by Jossie Bloss and/or Nothing like you by Lauren Strasnick.

[/quote]

I've heard great things about them both and I can't decide which one to read either! :icon_study:

#439 DianaSF

DianaSF

Meg Cabot Fan

• Moderators
  • 735 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 06:57 PM

I read Faking Faith when it was the book club selection on this message board. I really enjoyed it and recommend it.

#440 suze.angelova

suze.angelova

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 11:57 AM

I love Abbi Glines. I cant wait for Sea Breeze #3 to come out.

Also, Timekeeper by Alexandra Monir.

And Mediator #7!!! Im going to jump up and down with joy when that finally comes out :D

#441 MusicAngel

MusicAngel

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 512 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 12:19 PM

does anybody here like Elizabeth Chandler's Kissed By An Angel books? I absolutely love them

#442 Beautifully Intended

Beautifully Intended

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 10,131 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 04:11 PM

^^^I haven't read that series, but I've read some of her other books and really enjoyed them.

Currently, I'm reading When You Were Mine by Rebecca Serle and This is So Not Happening by Kieran Scott. I also just finished The Vicious Deep by Zoraida Cordova, which was really good.

#443 Purple Rocks

Purple Rocks

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 448 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 10:31 PM

I love Abbi Glines. I cant wait for Sea Breeze #3 to come out.

Also, Timekeeper by Alexandra Monir.

And Mediator #7!!! Im going to jump up and down with joy when that finally comes out :D

WHAT!!!! :aiwebs_001:
There is going to be another book of the Mediator Series!!!
Mediator #7!!!!
No bookin' way!!!

I need to know when it's going to come out!!
I NEVER knew about this!!!!

#444 DianaSF

DianaSF

Meg Cabot Fan

• Moderators
  • 735 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 11:48 PM

WHAT!!!! :aiwebs_001:
There is going to be another book of the Mediator Series!!!
Mediator #7!!!!
No bookin' way!!!

I need to know when it's going to come out!!
I NEVER knew about this!!!!

Here's more info about the 7th Mediator book:

http://forums.megcab...8

The post after that one by Meg talks about the Mediator series possibly becoming a TV series.

#445 Pretty.Odd.

Pretty.Odd.

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,498 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:00 PM

About halfway through "Insurgent," which is the sequel to Veronica Roth's first book, "Divergent." It was really boring for a while, but it just got really good again. YAY. :D

xoxoArtemis

#446 solique

solique

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 686 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 12:52 AM

Are there any manga lovers?

anyone?

x

#447 Beautifully Intended

Beautifully Intended

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 10,131 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 08:32 AM

Artemis- I loved Insurgent!! I read it a couple weeks ago as an advance copy and it was SO GOOD, though it never got boring for me.

#448 DianaSF

DianaSF

Meg Cabot Fan

• Moderators
  • 735 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 09:29 PM

I'm looking forward to these two books, which come out on May 8 (same day as Underworld).

Second Chance Summer by Morgan Matson

Posted Image

In Honor by Jessi Kirby

Posted Image

#449 suze.angelova

suze.angelova

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 04:20 AM

^Im sooo waiting for the latter, In Honor! I cant wait for the end of the year because there are so many books Ive been waiting to come out this year :)

#450 Beautifully Intended

Beautifully Intended

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 10,131 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 09:17 PM

Diana- I just got a copy of In Honor from S&S (along with Anyway by Arthur Salm and The Thing About the Truth by Lauren Barnholdt), and I can't wait to read it!! :)

Currently, I'm reading Another Jekyll, Another Hyde by Daniel and Dina Nayeri and Wrecked by Anna Davies.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users