60 replies to this topic

#1 rockgal

rockgal

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 868 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 01:15 PM

Hii
I just wanted to know what was the first Meg Cabot book you read? and how did you find out about it?

mine was the mediator series love you to death (a few yrs ago) and I found out about it from some gals who were reading it in class.
Normally I wouldn't have paid attention because I hated reading but on the cover it said from the author of the bestselling princess diaries. That was my fave movie back then so I read the book and totally fell in love with it.

I have 2 thank Meg for bringing me into the world of reading =P

#2 xx.Phoebe.xx

xx.Phoebe.xx

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 3,626 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 05:14 PM

The first Meg Cabot book I read was The Princess Diaries. I found it in my local library and ever since then I've been hooked to all her stories. :D In fact, I should thank Meg for getting me into books.

Phoebe

#3 princess_precious

princess_precious

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Moderators
  • 2,224 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 01:57 AM

Hey,

Rockgal: please refrain from using chatspeak here as it is against the board rules. Many users may not have English as their first language and may find it hard to understand chatspeak.

thanks!

aji :D

#4 size 12 is not fat

size 12 is not fat

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,110 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 04:19 AM

My first story of hers was also The Princess Diaries, I was at center parks when I started to read it. About maybe nearly two years ago. I got the book at a charity shop and I wasn't sure if the story would be any good, but it was the best I love it!!! And that year I think I started to read loads and loads of books. Now I have read about thirty of her books and she is my faveret author.

~Oce~

#5 *maxi*

*maxi*

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 3,719 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 11:37 AM

My first Meg book was The Mediator :D

I heard about it from my friends, they are such big Meg Cabot fans (or they were...back when we were in secondary school) and they recommended it to me.

I really enjoyed it and have read up to half way through the fifth..I still have not finished the series and I started it five years ago... :blush:

Laura
xox

#6 rockgal

rockgal

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 868 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 02:09 PM

I'm sorry agi i didn't realise :)

#7 Nero-Flamewind

Nero-Flamewind

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 03:25 PM

Hii
I just wanted to know what was the first Meg Cabot book you read? and how did you find out about it?

mine was the mediator series love you to death (a few yrs ago) and I found out about it from some gals who were reading it in class.
Normally I wouldn't have paid attention because I hated reading but on the cover it said from the author of the bestselling princess diaries. That was my fave movie back then so I read the book and totally fell in love with it.

It was the princess diaries series and then after than I seen her other books and started reading the Mediator and she became one of my fave authors. I also fell in love with her books too.

#8 Guest_eviie_*

Guest_eviie_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 November 2009 - 03:22 PM

PD 1 or 2 I guess. I actually think it was PD 2.

#9 Allthingsstellar

Allthingsstellar

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 10:15 AM

I don't reall remember clearly but I think it was PD.

Rivea :icon_flower:

#10 Tiffanny_Luv_Jesse

Tiffanny_Luv_Jesse

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 04:16 AM

Princess Diaries...
Awesome,,, :icon_queen:

#11 didisfer

didisfer

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 10:27 AM

It was PD 1... But I saw the movie and didn't get very into it. Then I saw my friend reading it, and she said it was the best book ever... And I thought, what the heck? and then i read it and....
... fell in love with Meg's books! I've read absolutely all of them.

:heartbeat:
xoxo

#12 cheeky.x.converse.x.chick

cheeky.x.converse.x.chick

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 11:49 PM

Princess Diaries 1. Now I'm hooked for life.

Lurrrve...x
Harry

#13 xshimmerbluex

xshimmerbluex

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 04:19 PM

How to be Popular ^_^
In the summer :icon_sunny:

#14 bug2122

bug2122

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 12:35 AM

The first Meg Cabot book i ever read was the Princess Diaries, and i absolutely LOVED it! I also have Meg to thank for my love of reading! Before I read a "Meg book" i had NO IDEA that i loved reading!

#15 NikkiandEm

NikkiandEm

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,737 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 01:45 PM

My first Meg Cabot book was All American Girl... I LOVED IT
Then I read Avalon High and was hooked to Meg offically!
Now I have a huge stack of them on display in my closet :)

-Nikki :icon_study: :icon_sunny: :D

#16 Ms. Hope

Ms. Hope

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 11:57 PM

My first book was All American Girl. I found it in the library and checked it out because the cover was pink. I hate to say it, but I really didn't like it... Then a few weeks later I checked out Teen Idol (because the cover was, um, pink) not realizing that it was by the same author, and I just loved it. Which made my buy a ridiculous amount of Meg Cabot books, and my bookshelf has never been happier.

#17 kylie

kylie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,329 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 08:36 PM

My first book was All American Girl: Ready or Not.
I didnt know it was a sequel until i had finished it. (It was a gift from my grandma. Who obviously didnt know what the book was about or she wouldnt have given it to her 12 year old granddaugher...)

So then i read PD 1-5 and every other Meg Cabot Book i could get my hands on. And i LOVE them all (:
(I stopped after 5 and didnt read the rest until this year! :o )

#18 Livie

Livie

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 09:32 PM

The first Meg book I read was "All American Girl" four years ago. :)
I've always been a big reader, soooo...lol. :)
It was my own good sense in picking that book up in the store that made me a reader of Meg's. :)

#19 ragulto101

ragulto101

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 09:43 PM

Mines is the Princess Diaries. a few years ago. I was at the library and just finished a book so I just picked up one of the Princess Diaries because the cover really drew me to it.

#20 Princess_Missy

Princess_Missy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 4,341 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 05:08 AM

Mine was PD6, oddly enough. One of my friends thought it was funny so she gave it to me to read. A couple of months later I picked up PD1 and started reading all of Meg's books.

Love Melissa :heartbeat:

#21 lefrankin

lefrankin

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 02:13 AM

I always thought it was the first Princess Diaries book, because I remember even in grade seven, I told a girl in my class the book she was reading was AMAZING (the first book PD). I also remember telling her that while her copy was in trade paperback, the one I read was in oversize font. Random, ha. But then a few weeks ago I was reading through my "reading journal" and it was like "Read All-American Girl today!" and I talked about how it was an amazing book. And I wasn't in grade seven.

Totally blowed my mind away. I didn't even REMEMBER reading that before Princess Diaries. But apparently I did. There was some confusion. But it also makes sense, because that's one of my favorite Cabot books.

#22 galaxy12

galaxy12

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 02:04 PM

Mine was the mediator (which rocked). I someone in school reading and I liked the cover.

#23 Soft Ripple

Soft Ripple

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 06:30 AM

Hii

Soft Ripple
oh my god! My first Meg Cabot book was the princess diaries as well! No one told me about it. I was just in the library one day looking for a book to read when I saw it on the shelf. I had seen the movie and I had loved it to bits. When I saw the book I had thought "Oh, I didn't know it was a book" and I took it and after that I became hooked on anything Meg Cabot.

#24 RenuS

RenuS

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 08:47 AM

The Princess Diaries. I loved the series, but the movie was horrible.
Anne Hathway was awesome though. =)

Then I got hooked onto The Mediator Series.
It's by far my fav series. :love7:

#25 RenuS

RenuS

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 08:48 AM

The Princess Diaries. I loved the series, but the movie was horrible.
Anne Hathaway was awesome though. =)

Then I got hooked onto The Mediator Series.
It's by far my fav series. :love7:

Edited by RenuS, 01 June 2010 - 08:48 AM.

#26 rockgal

rockgal

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 868 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 12:07 PM

^^ I agree, the first film wasn't as good as the books but I really liked the second film.
Maybe because it was different from the books so you couldn't really compare them,
Anne hathaway was wonderfully hilarious though.

by the way does anyone know what the little silver and blue icon thing next to this thread's title is? :/

#27 Mizuki

Mizuki

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 03:55 PM

I began with Queen of Babble. All my friends told me to read The Princess Diaries, but I don't like reading a book when I've already seen the movie (which by the way is one of my fav movie ever; the movie made me love Anne Hathaway). Queen of Babble was the book that made me think "THAT is what I want to do later." ^^

#28 bookwormwriter98

bookwormwriter98

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,536 posts

Posted 05 June 2010 - 01:10 PM

my first was how to be popular and i have been in love with her stuff since the day i saw it in half price books

#29 gagaga88

gagaga88

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 08:55 PM

being niki

#30 Eshita_Garg

Eshita_Garg

Meg Cabot Reader

• Banned
  • 305 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 03:41 PM

LOl.
Mine was the "Princess in Training"...lolz...
My dad...we were at the library so i didnt feel liek getting books and he gave me that book...and I've read her books ever since :)

#31 m0nkey_luvs

m0nkey_luvs

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 3,638 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 12:27 AM

Mine was All American Girl. I had just found it in the book store, read the back cover, and bought it. And let me tell you- I LOVED it! When my friend told me about this website some 3 years ago or so (and I refused to get on, due to my silly seventh-grade stubbornness) she said it using her book (she had the Mediator books, but I didn't know that at the time).

Anyway, she explained to me that Meg Cabot had written both AAG and the Mediators- I didn't believe her because I thought she meant they were the same series, but when I read the back cover of the mediator I discovered they weren't. And then I refused to get on this website and read her story until mid-eighth grade. And now, of course, I'M the one obsessed with MCMB while she hasn't been on here in months!

Anyway, that was far too long of a story. My first one was All American Girl. And it remains my favorite, even though I lost my copy back in the eighth grade :( .

-Anna

#32 Shaheen

Shaheen

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Validating
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 02:57 PM

The Mediator. My brother's friend left his book at my place. Totally bored, I picked it up, read it...and got hooked.

#33 IceCube424

IceCube424

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 08:44 PM

mine was All American Girl

#34 TheRomanceBookie

TheRomanceBookie

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 10:37 PM

The first Meg Cabot book I ever read was I believe the first Princess Diaries. I was 14 and in my freshmen year of high school. Since then I've become absolutely hooked, and bought every book by her that I can my hands on :)

#35 bookperson

bookperson

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 828 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 08:03 PM

Size 14 Isn't Fat

It was last school year, when i was a sophmore

#36 katsmew1980

katsmew1980

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 09:26 PM

My first Meg book was Size 14 Isn't Fat Either. I didn't realize it was a series. After that I went and bought the Size 12 Isn't Fat. I laughed so hard I cried. I then went and bought all of her other adult novels. They are the best. I have in turn got my best friend hooked on them!!!

#37 Tibby

Tibby

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 11:06 PM

The first Meg Cabot book that I read was Boy Meets Girl, the second book from the boy series. The second book that i read was The Guy Next Door. so far, The Guy Next Door has been my favorite.

#38 24moon100

24moon100

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 5,019 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 06:59 PM

Mine was Avalon High.

Read it. Got hooked. Looked on her website for more of her books. Found this site. Got hooked.

#39 Jcrazy

Jcrazy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,679 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 07:36 PM

Princess Diaries 1 :) recommended by my friend in seventh grade when I was complaining about having to read a book for English. Made me like reading in general :)

#40 KatieCakes

KatieCakes

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 09:33 AM

I actually owned the first Princess Diaries book but the first Meg book that I read was The Mediator, after that I totally fell in love with her books and finally read Princess Diaries :D

#41 sancia

sancia

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,493 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 12:23 PM

My first was the second PD book and after reading that I had to read the others too :D

#42 juliagulia9

juliagulia9

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 04:22 PM

My first book was The Princess Diaries. My sister got it for me for my birthday. She got a signed copy! Meg Cabot wished me happy birthday! It was the best gift ever, and I've loved Meg's books ever since =D

#43 Aviva500

Aviva500

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 05:38 PM

I read the first princess diaries book after watching the movie.

#44 AISHA17

AISHA17

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 06:52 AM

YOUNG LOVE/BLOOD DON'T REMEMBER THE NAME
(MEDIATOR SEIRIES BOOK#4

#45 Cloudfairy

Cloudfairy

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 02:22 PM

The first book that I read by Meg was The Princess Diaries (Love it!) My friend took it out of our school library and was reading it in class, I thought it looked interesting so I wanted to read it and I did and now I love it! But just for the sake of putting this out there The Vanished series (1-800 series) is my all time favorite (I've only read those 2 book series but plan on reading a lot more of her books!)

Love you Meg!

Love,

Megan ... lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users