Photo

The Offical Mediator Movie Thread! (The Sequel)

• Please log in to reply
727 replies to this topic

Poll: The Offical Mediator Movie Thread! (The Sequel) (297 member(s) have cast votes)

The best genre a Mediator movie can fall into?

1. Teen flick (169 votes [38.41%])

Percentage of vote: 38.41%

2. Supernatural thriller (129 votes [29.32%])

Percentage of vote: 29.32%

3. Gothic romance (54 votes [12.27%])

Percentage of vote: 12.27%

4. Horror (8 votes [1.82%])

Percentage of vote: 1.82%

5. Comedy (30 votes [6.82%])

Percentage of vote: 6.82%

6. Indie drama (9 votes [2.05%])

Percentage of vote: 2.05%

7. Summer blockbuster (34 votes [7.73%])

Percentage of vote: 7.73%

8. Musical (ahahah) (7 votes [1.59%])

Percentage of vote: 1.59%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Sharky

Sharky

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 3,153 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 04:03 AM

Let's continue our hopes and dreams! :P

As if that weren’t enough, film rights to The Mediator have been optioned as well, to the producer of The Spiderwick Chronicles and Lemony Snicket’s A Series of Unfortunate Events. And we had a long talk about how hot Jesse is, so I feel confident she gets how important it is that whoever plays Jesse is, um, hot. Oh, yeah, and I’m, like, co-producing, or something, so I’ll be completely involved.

INFORMATION WE KNOW

September 2007:
The Mediator series has been optioned by Julia Pistor, the producer behind the Lemony Snicket and Spiderwick Chronicles movies.
November 2007
Writer's Guild Strike possibly threatening the development of the Mediator movie.
December 2007
Meg comments on progress of the movie
January 2008
Zac Efron is NOT casted as Jesse. Meg cleared this rumor -

I was going to post a lovely and moving New Year’s message to all of you here, but unfortunately due to the hundreds of emails flooding my inbox, I’m forced to post this instead:

The rumor about Zac Efron starring as Jesse in The Mediator movie is not true.

I know this is the current gossip going around the blogosphere, but it has no basis in actual fact. In other words, the press release was made up. Casting for The Mediator movie has not begun.

So we haven't heard much news lately about the movie (I'm thinking a certain teen vampire movie has something to do with it) but it doesn't mean we can't keep wishing for it! Because we all know Suze can kick that Swan's ass anytime of the day :badgrin:

Loves, Lauren and Aina

#2 Sharky

Sharky

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 3,153 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 04:12 AM

Continuing from the original thread, your ideas on what scenes should be kept and what can be sacrificed in a movie. My last post was -

But yeah, combining the last three would be really fantastic.

I agree! Only thing is, it would be sort of a cliche - Jesse the good guy and Paul the bad guy - I wonder who she'll choose! (not). If only they could have a double movie extravaganza like the Kill Bill movies (haha) where the first movie is all about Suze in her new place and getting to know Jesse and then at the end of it, we get a first glimpse of Paul. Then the second movie will be all about Paul trying to get his way. That way, the non-readers might even think of Paul as a good guy, a good alive guy who Suze has a better chance with than Jesse. I think it will produce some awesome dramatic stuff.

#3 SweetCaroline.X

SweetCaroline.X

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 316 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 07:02 AM

Yes...I agree with you Sharky

In the first movie, they should begin eith the scene where Suze is exorcising Heather and then Jesse and Suze start having an arguement. Then SUze will like flashback and talk about her move here and meeting Jesse. Then they should move on to Tad and all the stuff in the second book. Then they should end off with Gina coming over for summer instead and SUze heading to work at the Resort. Last scene she spots Paul sitting on a Beach chair looking smoking :P

Second Movie: Start briefly with the maria and diego stuff and Paul..Then proceed to school and the then the bedroom scene with Paul and Suze. Jesse beats crap out of Paul at party...Paul tells Suze about evil time travelling plan and then the consequent events and ends off with the dance (Suze and Jesse)

LOL too much writing...

Suze : Lucy Hale
She looks it, she's sweet and I think she can be kick-ass like Suze as well :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

SO yeh...:)

<3
Caz

#4 tamires_dc

tamires_dc

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 568 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 12:02 PM

So we haven't heard much news lately about the movie (I'm thinking a certain teen vampire movie has something to do with it) but it doesn't mean we can't keep wishing for it! Because we all know Suze can kick that Swan's ass anytime of the day :badgrin:

Haha, you make me laugh! :D :D
Yeah, currently everybody is so excite about Twilight come out, but I think soon the people will be tired of talk about it.
And like you said before, we've to know more news about The Mediator movie :(

Caz, I like Lucy Hale as Suze. ^_^

Kayla, ok, I know Megan Fox is just 23 years old, but I think she's very sexy to interpret a girl of 16 years. She looks more like a mature woman than a teenager. Of course she's a good actress, and I'm sure that she can interpret Suze very well, but I think there are other actresses who can be Suze with a more natural way, if you can understand me :)

Love,

TMosca :angel1:

#5 Kayla123

Kayla123

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 05:59 PM

tamires_dc,
I know what you mean about her looking too old, which is why, if you look back in the posts, i posted a few other, younger people who i think could be Suze. Sorry if it sounds like i'm arguing with you, i get pretty defensive sometimes when people don't agree with me, it's sort of an argumental geene I think, just ask me mom! Ha ha! Who do you think would be a good Suze?

#6 tamires_dc

tamires_dc

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 568 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 06:35 PM

^^ Haha, no problem, I understand you ^_^ We're here exactly to talk about it, we don't have to agree each other, we just have to argument and respect the different views... and I think it's make the thread so fun! :D
Actually I cannot imagine none actress as Suze *embarassing* :icon_redface: I think it's the reason that I'm here, bacause I want to see how the other girls imagine Suze, I want know if I've a so different view of her than other. The problem is that I'm so critic. Like you, I've a strange geene, but mine is a criticism geene, hehe -_- Don't be angry with me, I really don't want to annoy you saying that Megan Fox isn't good for Suze. It's just my opinon :P

I want you continue showing to us the actresses that you think are able to inteprete Suze :)

Love,

#7 SweetCaroline.X

SweetCaroline.X

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 316 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 08:30 AM

Lmao look at you guys talking about genes. I have a *calming gene* I'm really good at being fair and just and calming people in arguements. My bad point *perfectionist gene*. I find it hard to give in a piece of work because i don't know how to start and end. and when i'm done with it i start all over again and change every damn thing. LOL! :P

I am suach a freak of nature.

Anyway, is there anyone on this earth who could walk in jesse's shoes. I spent like two hours yesterday looking for a spanish model look-alike for Jesse but to no avail :P Besides, what size are jesse's shoes anyway?

<3 Caz

#8 Jesse's Wife

Jesse's Wife

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 4,157 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 08:51 AM

I think it's a good idea to combine the last three books, but I think that there are some really good scenes in the first three that would look really good onscreen, so maybe there could be flashback moments of them, like when Jesse materializes when Suze is making out with Tad, and they argue. I love that scene in the book!

Alex

#9 FisherQueen

FisherQueen

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 09:14 PM

Holas!

I'm new

and ive waited a long time (ok 3 or 4 days but thats a REALLY long time for me) so

I CAN FINALY POST!!!! WOOT WOOT! Ok so basicly ive been reading all the posts about the Mediator Movie and such I just never signed up :unsure:
but now i am!!

Honestly, haha I picture myself as Suze, so it's really hard to say 'yeah I think that person would be a good Suze,'

But if they dont do open casting I just hope that they don't pick someone to good looking 'because Suze says in the first book that she never got much attention back in New York (except by construction guys when she wore her leather mini...I think it was leather :huh: )

so I just hope they cast right :D

with love,

:heartbeat: Fisherqueen :heartbeat:

#10 Kayla123

Kayla123

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 10:03 PM

No, no! I'm not mad at you, silly! I'm just, as I said, very argumental! Ha ha! And honestly, now that i think of it, Megan Fox probably wouldn't be a good Suze, the only reason I went on like that is because of my impulse to debate everything that comes out of someone elses mouth, or should I say off their keyboards in this case!

#11 Kayla123

Kayla123

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 10:07 PM

Oops. I meant argumentative. I am not argumental. Or maybe i am, come to think of it. :lol:

#12 Kayla123

Kayla123

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 10:17 PM

Gasp! I just thought of something! Okay, so i am a big fan of Twilight as well as The Mediator, and when i was reading that, i always pictured Rachel Bilson as Bella, but now that i think of it, she might be a better Suze than a Bella because she looks nothing like Bella is supposed to!!Posted Image

#13 wickedvampire

wickedvampire

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 04:34 AM

Hello there FisherQueen, I waited for like, 3 or 4 days to finally become a member.
And yay!we can post now! Ü

When will they start casting? gosh..Its taking them sooo long. I can't wait.. hahaha!

#14 FisherQueen

FisherQueen

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 12:17 PM

[quote name='wickedvampire' date='Oct 29 2008, 04:34 AM' post='2182710']
Hello there FisherQueen,

hola! Yeah I know the feeling

I'm guessing that with Twilight and such that there going to try to pospone the release/ script writing with the Mediator. because a lot more people know about it and if two teenage girls said they wanted to go to the movies im guessing they would pick that one. I love the mediator, but Twilight is more well known unfortunatly.

with love,

#15 FisherQueen

FisherQueen

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 08:32 PM

So some one else mentioned on another forum that this guy would be a good for Paul

Posted Image
cant you just imagain him saying

"Why should I be Paul Slater.....Because I'm Chuck Bass," :lol:

LOL!!!!

with love,

PS- Of course, he would need longer hair and curl it so he'll fit the part more but whatever, he has the whole bad image on his side....

#16 JeSsE-ObSeSsEd

JeSsE-ObSeSsEd

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 12:36 AM

So some one else mentioned on another forum that this guy would be a good for Paul

Posted Image
cant you just imagain him saying

LOL!!!!

with love,

PS- Of course, he would need longer hair and curl it so he'll fit the part more but whatever, he has the whole bad image on his side....

Yeww for Chuck Bass!
<3 Gossip Girl!

However, he's too old and too old looking for the part, as are most of our suggestions. thats the tough bit. finding suitable actors that fit the ages...

I can't believe i'm about to suggest this but, i think Rob Pattinson would make for a good Paul...
I hate the idea of Rob being a bad guy, but he looks like he could pull it off. But yet again, he looks a little too old...

Gosh, this is SO hard!

#17 wickedvampire

wickedvampire

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 02:58 AM

hmm..The only actors I know that age is somehow close to the age of the Mediator characters are the Harry Potter actors. really. I know its pathetic of me, but I don't know, I guess my brain's shut down right now.haha!

Anyway, FisherQueen.yeah, I agree about the Twilight thing. I love Twilight too. So I guess we just have to enjoy the fact that we can have both books turned into movie and just hope there is no competition along the way ....

♥, wicked.

ps. oh my gosh. I ♥ gossip girl too!

#18 tamires_dc

tamires_dc

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 568 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 08:28 AM

Caz, haha, I really don't know what's the size of Jesse's shoes! :D
I would like to have a perfectionist gene, I think it's a nice thing! :) And I'm sure that you aren't a such freak of nature! Hahaha! :lol:

Fisherqueen and wickedvampire (oh, great nickname ^_^!) WELCOME!

Hola Fisherqueen! Do you looks like Suze? :) Cool!
Do you join in a Theater Class or Performing arts? Because if they open the casting, you can trying to be Suze! :lol:
Would be nice a Suze from Meg Cabot Message Board! Haha! ^_^
When I'm reading the books, I cannot imagine Suze's face. I can imagine Jesse, Paul, Suze's mom, but no Suze's face. It's really horrible to me, because she's the most important character! :huh:

LOL!!!!

with love,

Hahahahaha! :lol: :D
I'm not a Gossip Girl addicted, but Chuck is so handsome. :P

Twilight and The Mediator have the same target audience (teenagers), both have a creative story and lovely characters. That is the reason why is so difficult no compare them! I also love the both, I don't have a favorite. ;)

Particularly, I think Kristen Stewart would be good as Suze. But she already is Bella! -_-
Wickedvampire, I cannot imagine none of Harry Potter actors like any The Mediator characters... can you?
Wait a minute, maybe Daniel Radcliffe... as Paul! IT'S SO PERFECT! *I'm kidding! hahaha! :D *

Kayla, you called me silly :icon_mecry2: *going cry under the computer table*
I loved Rachel Bilson as Summer in The O.C. Good times, do you remember about that serie?
But I think she's so old to Suze, haha *Kayla hits in Tammi with a broom*
I've a friend that looks exactly like Bella. She doesn't know the Twilight series, but I think she's the perfect Bella. Plus, she was born in the same they than Bella! :P But actually she doesn't look like Suze... I cannot explain the reason, but she doesn't have the essence of Suze's personality :o Ok, ok, I know that in the Hollywood world, what really matters is the good performance and appearance. But I'm a detailist person, hehe *hiding behind the chair* :blush:

Love,

#19 bookworm77

bookworm77

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 11:16 AM

when is the movie sapost to be anyway?

#20 Beautifully Intended

Beautifully Intended

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 10,131 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 11:45 AM

^^^What do you mean? Are you asking when it'll be released? Considering that a script hasn't been finished, it's gonna be a long time before we see a Mediator movie, probably not until 2010 at the earliest now.

#21 FisherQueen

FisherQueen

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 12:08 PM

"Hola Fisherqueen! Do you looks like Suze? :) Cool!
Do you join in a Theater Class or Performing arts? Because if they open the casting, you can trying to be Suze!"

I think i look like her, but i might be to tall and i do do (Yes i just realize i said do do) acting and stuff and i would KILL to get to even go to audition.

On the daniel radclif idea, not really, sorry.

Did you know the actor that plays Chuck Bass is British!? And he has a really heavy accent and he covers it perfectly in Gossip girl! It stuns me

anywho, Kristen Stewart i think would be good because she's not to pretty and not ugly either but i dont think she's the greatest actor ever (not that i'm saying I am but whateva,)

but thats just my opinon, im sure she's a great person though

with love,

ps- I got so excited when i saw i got qouted, i did a little happy dance, lol, im such a dork i knw

#22 FisherQueen

FisherQueen

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 12:19 PM

well, i think this guy could work as dr. Slaski.....

Dr. Slaski

ok, all jokes aside, this guy could work...maybe

Visit My Website

He has the icy blue eyes. But we could always make him look a little older

with love,

#23 Kayla123

Kayla123

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 04:09 PM

Tamires_dc

Yeah, I know! Everyone is too old! sob! But I guess not everyone. I just don't know any actors/actresses that are teenagers! But in the end, i'm kind of hoping that the casxt they pick are made completely of talented unknown actors/actresses, that way no one can hate them yet!

#24 FisherQueen

FisherQueen

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 07:15 PM

Tamires_dc

Yeah, I know! Everyone is too old! sob! But I guess not everyone. I just don't know any actors/actresses that are teenagers! But in the end, i'm kind of hoping that the casxt they pick are made completely of talented unknown actors/actresses, that way no one can hate them yet!

right on

with love,

#25 FisherQueen

FisherQueen

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 08:43 PM

yeah i know i post a lot. lol

anyway, Jason Mraz, Paul?
Posted Image

ok, i know he's probobly to old and he's a singer but WHATEVER! I think he looks Paul-ish

teeheee

sorry have a major crush on him LOL!

with love,

#26 MCFanofDolphins

MCFanofDolphins

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 413 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 07:05 PM

Yes...I agree with you Sharky

In the first movie, they should begin eith the scene where Suze is exorcising Heather and then Jesse and Suze start having an arguement. Then SUze will like flashback and talk about her move here and meeting Jesse. Then they should move on to Tad and all the stuff in the second book. Then they should end off with Gina coming over for summer instead and SUze heading to work at the Resort. Last scene she spots Paul sitting on a Beach chair looking smoking :P

Second Movie: Start briefly with the maria and diego stuff and Paul..Then proceed to school and the then the bedroom scene with Paul and Suze. Jesse beats crap out of Paul at party...Paul tells Suze about evil time travelling plan and then the consequent events and ends off with the dance (Suze and Jesse)

LOL too much writing...

Suze : Lucy Hale
She looks it, she's sweet and I think she can be kick-ass like Suze as well :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

SO yeh...:)

<3
Caz

That was my first Suze choice too. I liked her in Sister Hood of the Traveling Pants 2.
Posted Image
Posted Image
These are some good one too that I think she looks a lot like Suze in. Lucy Hale isn't old either, she's Suze's age.

About the Jason one, I think he's kind of weird looking, and he seems too nice to be a Paul, but I guess if he can act...
Luv,
Lizzie :mgbubblegum:

#27 FisherQueen

FisherQueen

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 06:13 PM

That was my first Suze choice too. I liked her in Sister Hood of the Traveling Pants 2.
Posted Image
Posted Image
These are some good one too that I think she looks a lot like Suze in. Lucy Hale isn't old either, she's Suze's age.

About the Jason one, I think he's kind of weird looking, and he seems too nice to be a Paul, but I guess if he can act...
Luv,
Lizzie :mgbubblegum:

understandable, about the whole Jason Mraz thing. And he does seem like a really nice guy.

But yeah, i havent come across anyone else good looking enough to play Paul love-to-hate Slater.

with love,

#28 crumbly.muffin

crumbly.muffin

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 12:41 AM

Has anyone seen Cloverfield? Because I think the actress who plays Merlana (not sure how to spell that) would be perfect for the part of Suze. She just kind of seems to exude the same personality Suze has of slightly sarcastic, but really tough. Anyone else know what I mean?

#29 FisherQueen

FisherQueen

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 01:07 PM

never seen it....

sorry *shrugs*

with love,

<3 Fisher Queen <3

#30 crumbly.muffin

crumbly.muffin

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 02:24 PM

Her name is Lizzy Caplan, she was also in the show Related. Posted Image

#31 Jesse's Wife

Jesse's Wife

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 4,157 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 03:14 PM

^ Didn't she play Janice in Mean Girls?

#32 crumbly.muffin

crumbly.muffin

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 05:28 PM

Yeah I guess she did. I forgot about that movie.
For Jesse, he's just so perfect, I could never think of anyone to play him well. I can't even think of anyone who would look like him.

#33 Kayla123

Kayla123

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 08 November 2008 - 04:27 PM

Know who i think would be perfect for Suze's mom? Courtney Cox.
Posted Image

#34 Kayla123

Kayla123

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 08 November 2008 - 04:52 PM

I know she is totaly sterio typed by Zoey 101, and i'm not even entirely sure she would be the perfect Suze, and i'm just spit balling hear, but maybe Victoria Justice would be okay for Suze? Remember that anytime i see a teenaged actress with brown hair i'm going to classify her as either Suze or Bella, so yeah. I don't have time to post a pic, but google her.

#35 angel.of.darkness

angel.of.darkness

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 10:47 AM

according to me the best suze is Sophia Bush (from John Tucker Must Die and One Tree Hill):
Posted Image

the best Jesse would be Sean Farris (from Life As We Know It):
Posted Image

the best paul is Tom Sturridge (he was the guy who was actually supposed to be Edward Cullen in the Twilight movie):
Posted Image

#36 Kayla123

Kayla123

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 03:20 PM

I know this is totally hypocritical, seeing as I have done the same thing in the past, but Sophia Bush is twenty Six years old. If you ask me, thats pushing the limit just a tiny bit on the age thing. I think twenty three or four would be my limit on adults playing teens, but thats just my opinion.

#37 crumbly.muffin

crumbly.muffin

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 12:10 AM

I guess I would agree with you there, but doesn't Sophia Bush play a teenager in high school on that show One Tree Hill? I also think she played a girl in high school in the movie John Tucker Must Die. I think she could pull it off, but personally, I'd rather see a no-name actress, or at least someone with a much smaller following play Suze.

#38 Kayla123

Kayla123

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 03:36 PM

I guess I would agree with you there, but doesn't Sophia Bush play a teenager in high school on that show One Tree Hill? I also think she played a girl in high school in the movie John Tucker Must Die. I think she could pull it off, but personally, I'd rather see a no-name actress, or at least someone with a much smaller following play Suze.

i know! That's what i think to! Take, for example, Twilight. They picked the worst people possible for most of the roles, and they are all known actors. If they pick people no one knows, then there is a less likely chance that people will hate them!

#39 FisherQueen

FisherQueen

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 07:00 PM

i know! That's what i think to! Take, for example, Twilight. They picked the worst people possible for most of the roles, and they are all known actors. If they pick people no one knows, then there is a less likely chance that people will hate them!

agreed, i hate hate HATE who they chose for Twilight and I refuse to see it because of them

i'm sure there great people but GAH! Kristen acting as bella and Rob acting as Edward drives me INSANE! (though i think Rob got a better grasp of the characther than Kristen did) once again im sure there great characthers, but i dont think the role fits them very well.

moving back to The Mediator

they really should have open casting. It would be a great oppurtinity for people (and not just me, lol) to go for it.

and honestly, i dont think everyone is going to agree on who they cast (For example back to Twilight: There people who LOVE who they picked as i am the polor opposite)

i just hope they do the job right is my main concern

*steps off soap box*

with love,

#40 Jesse'sQuerida

Jesse'sQuerida

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 288 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 07:10 PM

I think that Anna Kendrick could make a good a really good Suze.
She doesn't really exude the toughness of Suze, but still. . .

Posted Image

Posted Image

I'd be cool with her as Suze, what do you think?

--Forever, Jesse's
PS She still can't steal Jesse, though!

#41 Beautifully Intended

Beautifully Intended

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 10,131 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 12:54 AM

What are you talking about with the people of Twilight being known actors? Pretty much every name in a main role is someone I have never heard of before. The only one I knew before the Twilight movie was Taylor Lautner and that's because of that Shark Boy/Lava Girl movie, but that's it and that was like 5 years ago, if not more. And apparently Robert Pattinson was in the HP movies- I had no idea that was the same guy, lol.

But still, most of the leads are fairly unknown. I mean, yeah, it's not exactly their first movie or Hollywood gig, but that doesn't make them "known".

#42 Kayla123

Kayla123

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 03:41 PM

What are you talking about with the people of Twilight being known actors? Pretty much every name in a main role is someone I have never heard of before. The only one I knew before the Twilight movie was Taylor Lautner and that's because of that Shark Boy/Lava Girl movie, but that's it and that was like 5 years ago, if not more. And apparently Robert Pattinson was in the HP movies- I had no idea that was the same guy, lol.

But still, most of the leads are fairly unknown. I mean, yeah, it's not exactly their first movie or Hollywood gig, but that doesn't make them "known".

Robert patinson is from Harry potter, Kristen Stewart if from Land of Woman and Jumper, into the wild, zathura, catch that kid, ect.

#43 Kayla123

Kayla123

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 04:15 PM

Hey, i just figured out that if Eva Avila was an actress, she would be a good Suze I think.

Posted Image

#44 LittleMissFist

LittleMissFist

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 09:43 PM

ok guys, let me start by saying i absolutely love The Mediator, and while I was reading the books I totally pictured a movie in my head. But I have a really distinct opinion about Suze that I want to put out there, and some of you won't agree with me. But I thought I'd just share my thoughts with you all :)

Agreeing with a comment made before, I really don't think Suze should look like a model, or absolutely stunning. In the books, it did say she wasn't too popular with the guys. Now, I do think Suze needs to be pretty, but drop-dead model gorgeous? I just don't think that would be right for Suze's character, which is a little edgier and more intense. For example, don't you think some scars would be fitting? I do remember her saying in one of the books that she had a lot of scars from kicking ghost butt lol.

Also, I don't think it's just about the looks. We shouldn't just post anyone that looks the part. Suze has a lot of different personalities and character traits that only a really skilled actor could pull off. I think it's just as much the ability as the looks, which is why maybe an unknown actor wouldn't be as great for the part. Maybe an actor with more experience could pull off all of Suze's emotions and different sides better.

I'm creating a character list of who I think would be perfect for each part. I'm sorry if I sound like a total downer, because this forum is so much fun to keep up with!

I'll post my list soon!

-LittleMissFist

#45 crumbly.muffin

crumbly.muffin

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 12:29 AM

I'm sorry, but I really think Lizzy Caplan would be perfect. I mean, she's pretty, but in an edgier, more unconventional way. I guess she is a somewhat bigger actress, but still, no one really knows of her. I mean, hasn't anyone seen her as Merlana in Cloverfield? Tell me that is not a Suze-like character, kicking creature butt?!

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users