2 replies to this topic

#1 Gee{or}jah

Gee{or}jah

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 658 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 08:03 AM

Teach Me, London

Where would you most like to travel to in the world?

As a recently turned 23 year old, I have been asked that question so many times, it’s become redundant. My answer was always the same since I was 13 years old and discovered the amazingness that was Lizzie McGuire.

America, I said, I wanted to go to the United States of America. Where though? People would ask, New York? California? Hawaii? Yes, to them I would reply, but the other 47 states as well. I have always been utterly fascinated with the American culture.

I almost always exclusively watch American television, read hundreds of books set within the country and sometimes find myself googling the history of Atlanta, Georgia; or any state really. To be completely honest, it’s fairly weird.

I live in Australia, specifically Tasmania. Home to some of the best sights, beaches, wine and cheese; not to mention the cleanest air in the world and yet I am borderline obsessed with the USA.

So I find it a little mind boggling that in seven days, I will find myself on a 33 hour - one way only, flight to London.

______________________________________________________

I know this is fairly odd. Me posting something.. I think.. god, has it really been a year? Wow.  Now, this story is a bit different. Basically because this is going to be the fictionalised version of my life. Yes, I am actually moving to London.. In a week. 90% of the content for this is going to taken from my actual experiences and written into a story. The people will have different names and I actually have  a couple of extra ideas..  that will be pure fiction an added to the story. I don't know how often it will be updated and such, but I definetly need an outlet for all the stress, excitement and pure terror. And this is the only thing I could think off.

Gee.

#2 Jcrazy

Jcrazy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 11:23 PM

GEORGIA!! 

haha :)

Super cool concept. Would love to read a new story from you and at the same time be privy to details from your new life in London! Can't wait to read more, whether it be fiction or things you actual experience :)

#3 24moon100

24moon100

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 5,131 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 09:27 PM

Georgia! Hey! It's been damn way too long!

I'd love to read, of course! That's such an awesome life changing event; I think it's brilliant you want to document it in a fun fictional way. I can already anticipate it being amazing and can't wait to hear all about it! You say you are obsessed with the US but you get to live in two of the coolest places on earth in my opinion! Australia and London? DAMN. You lucky thing. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users