Update sooooon!!!!! :heartbeat: :heartbeat:

#92 Slaterlover

Slaterlover

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 01:55 AM

HAPPY PAGE 3!!!
I loved the update! It was so nice of Coop to ditch class for her! I really love Cooper!
Update again
Sushi

#93 sancia

sancia

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,493 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 10:30 AM

Happy page 3 Gee!

I cannot believe I haven't commented on this after your last update. I was so sure I had.
Ok, where should I begin?
COOPER! Why is he so awfully HOT & NICE & EVERYTHING GOOD?? And why is Kennedy so annoying? SHE MUST LOVE COOPER! Everybody loves Cooper.
Ok, that's enough. I need to calm down. :D

UPDATE and make my day, pretty please!

-Sammie

#94 suze.angelova

suze.angelova

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 08:53 AM

Happy page 3 Gee!

I cannot believe I haven't commented on this after your last update. I was so sure I had.
Ok, where should I begin?
COOPER! Why is he so awfully HOT & NICE & EVERYTHING GOOD?? And why is Kennedy so annoying? SHE MUST LOVE COOPER! Everybody loves Cooper.
Ok, that's enough. I need to calm down. :D

UPDATE and make my day, pretty please!

-Sammie

Sorry for not commenting properly, but I'm still swooning after the Cooper-wthout-his-shirt-scene :love7:

But what Sammie has said is EXACTLY my thoughts!!! :D

:heartbeat: Suze

#95 Gee{or}jah

Gee{or}jah

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 658 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 09:20 AM

Chapter 9
“A picture may say a thousand words, but a memory holds a million feelings”

I had been sitting for so long a sense of numbness was beginning to seep through my thighs to the seat of my pants.

It had been well over ninety minutes and Cooper and I were still sitting on the side of the highway waiting for the tow truck.Thankfully it was still relatively warm and the sun was still out so that we weren’t slowly being immersed into the darkness. However it was hard to keep my focus with Cooper still without a shirt.

Cooper had offered more than once to drive me home in his car, then come back and wait for the tow; but I refused to leave my dad’s hundred thousand dollar car just sitting on the edge of the road. In fact, I would rather just sit here and wait through the night than be home when dad realised that his car was missing.

“Could I borrow your shirt?” I asked Cooper, who had downloaded; begun playing and subsequently become addicted to the game Temple Run on his iPhone. I tried multiple times myself, but I just couldn’t get the hang of the constant change in directions.

“Uh, sure.” He handed it over to me without question.

That was until I shook it out from the crumpled ball Cooper had put it in, checked for where the oil and other substances had been wiped on it and put it on the ground to protect my top from the dirt when I laid down.

Cooper then raised his eyebrow at me “You can’t get dirt on your clothes, but mine are okay?”

I sighed. Yeah, using his clothes as a buffer to protect my own was a bit rude but I would rather do this than suffer the wrath of Kate.

“Sorry,” I said apologetically. “But these are Kate’s clothes. Trust me when I say not to get between Kate and the manner in which her clothes are treated. Plus yours were already dirty.”
“Fair enough.” He replied. “Why aren’t you wearing your own clothes?” As he mentioned them, his eyes skimmed down my body, viewing the clothing.

“Apparently my sense of style and items of clothing are not appropriate for trying to get your boyfriend back.”

Cooper snorted. “I think your own clothes are perfect.”

I thought about that for a moment. Cooper and I had been hanging out for what? Three days? And I was pretty sure that I had been wearing Kate’s clothing all of those times. Had Cooper been paying attention to me these past few years? I really wanted to ask, but I didn’t have the nerve to actually say the words to him. Why would a guy like Cooper actively and consciously take an interest in a girl like me? I couldn’t even keep my own boyfriend around, let alone seek the interest from others.

“Thanks.” Was the reply I gave him as I checked the position of his shirt and laid down on the ground on my back, shuffling my shoulder a little to get as comfortable as I could.

As I laid there, with the sound of the traffic and the heat of the sun bathing me I began to doze off. I was pulled into a not so distant memory and I welcomed it.

“Hamish!” I exclaimed as I slowly back away from the boy who was grinning from ear to eat at me. “No, no no no!”

“Aw, come on Kensie, it will be fun.” I heard the mischievous tone to his voice as it bubbled into excitement.

It was spring break and I was having the time of my life. My boyfriend of eight months had invited me to spend the holidays with his family at their beach house. Although it was technically spring, on the coast of California it was basically summer. Two weeks of frolicking on the beach, what could be better? It was like the beginning of Grease where there was summer lovin’ and I was having a blast.

“There is NO way you are getting me into that water Hamish Blake. It looks freezing!” I told him, it was probably untrue as it was a very balmy day but I was fully clothed and really didn’t want to get my new dress wet.

Hamish’s hazel eyes lit up as I protested. He was advancing on me with every step forward, he loved this. Without his shirt I could see the moment when he flexed his toned muscles and I knew something was about to happen. Though I was temporarily distracted, I had a thing for guys with a nice chest. And Hamish’s was not shabby either.

“Ahh!” I squealed in a high pitched tone. Before I could react, Hamish darted forward. I was hopeless at running on sand so it took him mere seconds to reach and capture me in his arms. I didn’t mind being encircled in his grasp; it was the reason for it that I was afraid of.

“I’ve got you now Kensie baby,” he taunted as we moved closer and closer to the water’s edge.

“Put me down.” I pleaded to Hamish, “Please, please, please?”

“Are you sure you want me to do that?” he asked. I looked down and saw that we were basically in the water. My arms tightened around his neck as I clung to his body and tried to hold on. “No, no. I like you holding me.”

I rushed to reply. I felt Hamish’s arms disappear from under my legs and waist as I began to drop towards the waves. I started to scream before Hamish caught me again and erupted into a fit of laughter. Removing one of my arms from the iron grip I was using against Hamish, I hit him in the chest/shoulder area. “That was not funny Hamish!”

“I disagree.” He chuckled and tightened the hold he had on me as he slowly rescinded from the wet sand.

I pulled myself up and buried my head into his neck snuggling deeply. I loved being held like this, I felt safe and secure. Plus I was also impressed with the length of time Hamish had been able to hold me in the air for; I wasn’t a heavy weight but I wasn’t wafer thin either.

Sneakily I moved my head slightly while extending my neck so that I could place a light kiss on his pulse point. This was his weakness; I knew it and exploited every opportunity I could to use it against him.

Hamish groaned and I smiled against his skin.

Grabbing hold of my legs in a different way I was shifted so my legs wrapped around Hamish’s waist, my feet meeting at the small of his back and our faces flush with each other. Leaning in an inch Hamish connected our lips with the softest of touches. My smile grew bigger and I moved my hands from the nape of his neck until they were muddled in his hair. I pulled his face closer to mine and deepened out kiss. The pressure that I placed was given back tenfold by Hamish and I squeezed my arms pushing myself as close as was humanly possible to the boy in front of me.

We broke apart for the briefest second to collect more air before we were once again fused together. I was so totally in the moment I didn’t notice that Hamish had been moving until he was bending down onto his knees and laying me on the blanket that we had laid out earlier. With one hand on my waist and the other bent on his elbow propped beside my head holding the majority of his weight, Hamish let enough of his body press against me so that I could feel his closeness.

I was lost.

I was lost in everything that was Hamish, his touch, his voice as it whispered my name, the sound of his heavy breathing and his ever so overwhelming presence. Never being the one for public displays of affection the thought of anyone watching Hamish and I in our embrace did not even cross my mind. The feelings had been with me during the past week but I knew that in this moment I had they had grown. I had moved from being in a state of deep affection to knowing that it was much stronger. I was in love. I was in love with Hamish Blake. Telling him was out of the question, at least for the moment; Hamish would freak. So I let the emotions consume me and I used everything that I felt in our kiss.

I don’t know how long we stayed in that state, time passed and before long the sun was beginning to set over the ocean. The temperature was dropping and the chilly breeze was being drawn in from the ocean. Hamish returned to his car to get some firewood and some large fluffy blankets.

Once the fire was roaring and we were cuddled in front of the flame everything felt perfect. Lying back down and finding a comfortable spot in the sand Hamish pulled me close so my head was nestled on his chest. We sat there staring at the stars in silence until Hamish squirmed beneath me and I sat up, my boyfriend following suit.

Giving me a quick kiss, Hamish drew in deep breath and exhaled uneasily. He was nervous and I was confused. Was something wrong?

“Kensie..” Hamish trailed off.

“Yeah?”

“Will you look at me for a second?” he asked, cupping my face with his hand and tilting it upwards slightly.

“Kensie..I..I…” the stuttering was not something I was used too. Hamish was normally so cool and easy going, what was happening that made him look like he was about to bolt?

Drawing in another deep breath Hamish looked me in the eye. “Kennedy, these eight months have been amazing, you are amazing. I didn’t think I was ever going to be a guy who would enjoy being in a committed, faithful and caring relationship. But you changed me, your presence and energy; you make me want to be a better person, for you baby.
Hamish pause for a second before continuing "Kennedy, I’ve never said this to anyone in my life before…” his voice began to shake.

Oh my god.

“I’m in love with you.”

I couldn’t think. I couldn’t speak. I couldn’t move.

He was in love with me. Hamish Blake was in love with me, Kennedy Stratford.

And he said it first.

On the inside I was screaming with joy. On that beach, in that moment, all I could do was reach out and pull Hamish towards me giving him the biggest kiss I could muster.

“That’s a good reaction.” Hamish said breathing a sigh of relief as we pulled apart smiling.

Oh god. Do I tell him now? Does he expect me to tell him that I love him? I do, but I don’t know if I can say it. Am I ready? That’s such a big step. Does he want something more from me? Oh god. Oh god.

“Kennedy, baby, what’s wrong?” Hamish’s voice was a distant sound in my head. “You look like your freaking out.”

“I love you too.” I blurted out.

The grin on Hamish’s face was amazing, like all his Christmas’s had come at once, it was enough to bring a smile to my own face. “Kennedy..”

I didn’t get to hear what was said next as Hamish’s voice dissolved from my mind as I was being shaken awake, slowly my brain became active and my eyes fluttered as I began to open my lids. “Barbie, time to wake up..”

“Hamish...” I mumbled.

“Frankly I am insulted, Barbie. Not only am I far better looking than Blake, but I was under the impression that only I was the one to start referring to you as a blonde doll with many occupations.” Cooper said feigning a hurt tone.

I ignored Coopers comment as I opened my eyes to see that I was still on the side of the highway. Glancing up at Cooper who had turned in his seated position I gave him a questioning look.

“How long was I out for? And why hasn’t your buddy from the shop arrived yet?”

Cooper shrugged. “Like twenty minutes or something. Nice dream?” he added with a slight bite to his tone.

“Oh. It was nothing.” I tried to act like it was no big deal, though thinking of my dream made my heart ache a little. “So… The tow?” I continued.

“Honestly, I’ve got no idea. I tried calling a few times but it went to voicemail and the line at the shop was tied up.” Cooper let out an exasperated sigh.

“Ughh.” I groaned.

“Look its going to get dark soon, let me drive you home and I’ll come back and wait with the car.” He made the offer for the utmost time.

I shook my head. I was not going anywhere near Keith Stratford, I couldn’t lie to my dad. He had like this effect on me where I confessed to anything with just a single glance.

“Alright, just try not to fall asleep again. Its awfully boring playing the ‘make and model’ game when there is no one to challenge you.”

I laughed, “Well you’re in for a fight. My dad and I still can’t agree on the great BMW incident of 2006.”

“Oh it’s on, Barbie.”
Cooper turned back around to face the traffic, waiting for a car to come by.

Looking at his back, I noticed the tattoo I had seen when Cooper first stripped off. Leaning in closer, I became more and more confused.

“Hey Cooper.” I said in my puzzled state.
“Hmm.” He said his focus on the road.

“Um, if your surname is Mathews, why do you have the name Michaels tattooed across your shoulders?” I asked with apprehension.

“Oh. You noticed.”

:heartbeat:

Okay, so I finally updated. It's been...a while.

With this chapter I wanted to do something different. Earlier today while I was looking at some of the comments that I had gotten on this story I realised that a lot of them have some sort of Hamish Hating. So, because I love Hamish as much as Cooper (you guys totally need to be in my head), I decided that I needed to put in something that attempted to show why Kennedy is so desperate to get Hamish back. And to hopefully show a difference between Kennedy with Hamish and Kennedy without Hamish... Remember that whole 'spark' comment from chapter 2?

Anyway, I hope you enjoy. I pretty much spent all day on this so that I could try and pull it off.

Georgia x

#96 sancia

sancia

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,493 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 10:39 AM

Oh my....
You know, you cannot leave it like that. That should be crime against humanity. I'm dying to know why Cooper has that tattoo!
The dream part is so lovely! Now I see why Kennedy wants Hamish back, although I still prefer Cooper. :D
And I absolutely love that "A picture may say a thousand words, but a memory holds a million feelings"! It's so true!

-Sam

#97 24moon100

24moon100

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 5,131 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:41 PM

SWEET MOTHER OF PIE.

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

An update of this has descended upon the boards! Good lordie I was fearing it might never come. But better late than never, right? :)

Oh boy so that flashback certainly does complicate things. She still is deluded into thinking Hamish is her "one". Well, frankly, I'm still riding the Cooper train thank you very much. Though, the fluff between them, I must add, did make me squeal like the pathetic romantic I am. Hehe.

And of course you just had to drop us off at another cliff hanger. Like really. A mysterious frigging tattoo? I for one am too curious for my own darn good. It is going to eat me alive, Georgia. It really will if you don't update soon!

By the way? I'm so proud of you for keeping on with this one! I love love love it! Hopefully I have already expressed how much.

Anyway...

Love you! Post that Chapter 10 for me ASAP!

Ps. I noticed amazing improvement in your writing. God I love that, don't you? How much room for improvement writing gives us. It is like a never ending journey. ;)

-MEG

#98 Jcrazy

Jcrazy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:56 PM

Well I haven't commented on a story in ages...!

But....

GEORGIA!!! :)

Basically you're awesome. I loved it. I don't hate Hamish. I knew he couldn't be all bad since Kennedy spent so long with him. but I really liked seeing a flash from the past when times were good between them. I commend you on that :D

But even though I can't hate Hamish...

COOPER.

I love him. Like for real it's not normal. He's so.... :heartbeat: Yes he's so :heartbeat: I mean that.

Okay I have to be up at 6:30 and be at school from 8am-11pm tomorrow. So I must end this comment but UPDATE SOON PLEASE! Don't leave me hanging for so long again!!

:)

#99 suze.angelova

suze.angelova

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:57 PM

Whyyyy did you have to include the part about Hamish... now I don't hate him as much!

In fact, now I'm thinking that something must've happened to make him break up with and stay away from Kennedy, because otherwise it doesn't make sense. I'm so confused and I want more!!!!!!

And Cooper's tattoo? What does it mean!!

So many loose strings that you must tie together for us, Georgia!

Meghan's right though- your writing gets more amazing with each update :D

I hope to see more soon :)

:heartbeat: Suze

#100 Jesselover!

Jesselover!

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 156 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:06 PM

:love7: :user: :D :D I think...I love It.I wish i would have came up with thta yeah im going to update my storie in a bit like maybe tomarrow!!! :icon_study: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :spinstar:

#101 Katexxx

Katexxx

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 04:09 PM

UPDATE PLEZE I WANT 2 KNOW MORE WILL KENNY AND COOPER GET TOGETHER

#102 JesseIsMyHero

JesseIsMyHero

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 15 posts