• Please log in to reply
395 replies to this topic

#1 DayDreamer95

DayDreamer95

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,331 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 11:13 AM

Hi! It's Alex! This is my first romance novel, so I hope you like it! I really am enjoying writing this! So please comment and tell me what you think!

The Cover is: http://www.polyvore....set?id=28788240

Summary: Turner Jenning has fallen in love with Skylar Thompson. The all time amazing model of England, he's now seaching for her. Looking everywhere to claim his love for her.

The Turquoise Pumps

A Different Love Story

By Alexandria A. Fox

Dedicated to: Chido "Cheese" Muchina

Chapter One:

"More coffee?" An interrupting voice said. He unglued his eyes from the New York Times and turned slowly to the voice. The voice was a bright brunette who looked like she loved to smile a lot, all thanks to the small and fine smile lines by her lips. He returned a pleasant smile, then lowering his paper. He took a moment to look at the brunette. She had pulled her hair in a slick ponytail with just strains framing her pretty oval face. Her green eyes had meant with his calm and relaxed brown eyes. She wore a dark chocolate apron, and with green thread was sown her name "Megan" Her perky face was waiting on his reply. He shut his eyes and shook his head.

"Sure, I'd love some." He said finally, the girl's smile grew wider, Megan tilted the pot of coffee letting every bit of it hit the cup and not the table. She stopped once she saw he hand was resembled to an Officer who was telling cars to stop for the pedestrians. She smiled, then reached into her apron pocket, filling her hands full of creamers and sugar. Then dumping it all on to the table.

"Have a good day, sir." She said, before skipping away back to the cashier. He raised a brow, but easily and slowly placed it back. He flickered his dark eyes back to the paper, reading the large print saying "Classifieds"

Ah! The Classifieds, filled with people's wants and needs. Then, of course, The Classifieds are also filled with all the jobs, maybe some unwanted, some that were not something one could pay rent or feed one's self. He searched up and down the small columns, looking for a journalist job available. No, no one wanted to hire journalist. Well at least not these days. He thought about being a writer. A novelist who wrote adventure and science fiction stories about the world.Though how would he come up with a different plot than most? What unusual names would he name his beloved characters? How would they look? What would they say? What would happen? Would people like it? Oh questions would always rush through his mind. He tried to imagine how his first cover would be. Would people hear his name and ask "Are you Turner Jenning? The amazing writer, who wrote Man on Earth?" Oh how that would please him so.He smiled at the thought, the turned a page. He began reading the comics, Garfield, one of his favorites. He stared at the illustrations, then reading the words in fine detail.He smiled at the cat, memories of his childhood rushed to his head. He grinned at the memories, slowly closing the paper. He reached out for the sports section, he opened it to the first page. Reading the simple headlines, he flipped the page. He gazed at the other sports news, seeing nothing that would please he. Turner flipped to the last page, seeing the weather report.

Yes, this is what I was looking for. He thought to himself. Turner gazed at the weather, sighing. No sun for New York. Only cold and wet winds, lovely. He was hoping for sun, but no. Mother Nature was rejecting the requests for nice weather. He sighed again, then closing the paper. He gazed around the room. Seeing a single mom teaching her daughter to sit "like a young lady"

There was gentleman who was dressed Goth The gentleman had jet black skinny jeans with a black long sleeved shirt with writing on it. Turner flickered his eyes more around the room. Seeing older people having a coffee and a slice of cake. Turner tried to imagine a scene he could use maybe in his book. No, that was useless idea. Turner thought about something he could write about. Something people would be begging for more. He relaxed for a minute. Letting his face rest in the palms of his hot and sweaty hands. He eyes danced around the room, scanning the people. Not an idea could accure to him.

Turner took one more gaze around the room, before sipping on his coffee. Turner looked at his coffee, then slowly blew.

Ting
It was the bell tied to the door, who ever walked into the café you knew they came, just by that simple ting

Turner removed his eyes from his coffee and looked to see who was walking into the sweet and cozy café.

That's when he saw her. She wore a plain white dress, with a big white hat and dark sunglasses. She clicked and tacked into the room. He looked with curiosity, her long dark locks of hair was resting perfectly on her white dress. She removed her glasses, flickering her eyes across the room.

They locked together. He could feel his blood freeze. Her blue eyes were like cold ice. So breathtaking. He watched her as she made her way to the register. He gazed at her effectless walk. She was gliding. She was a superstar. And Turner felt he was falling in love. He was falling for her like a puppy. He felt like a puppy. Just gazing at her beauty. How gorgeous she was. He smiled, as she walked by. Turner flickered his eyes to the floor, noticing her shoes.

Turquoise He thought.

#2 NikkiandEm

NikkiandEm

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,738 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 03:32 PM

HOLY CRAP! I THINK I"M SPAZZING OUT RIGHT NOW!

I LOOOVVVVEEE THIS, Alex!!!!! I'm a new fan! (FIRST READER! Thats never happened for me :D)

Update NOW! I have to read more, cause it's so darn good!

I love your writing, and this one's gonna rock! Turner is awesome...i officially love him.

-Nikki

#3 bubba97

bubba97

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 04:32 PM

oh my god!! You've gotten soooo much better!

I litteraly could not stop reading this!!

It was great, and I agree with Nikki, Turner is adorable :D

Update sooooooooon

-ALEXX :evil:

#4 NikkiandEm

NikkiandEm

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,738 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 04:34 PM

yes, Turner is incredibly cute....but i CALL him! HE'S MINE!! haha!

-Nikki

#5 bubba97

bubba97

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 05:46 PM

yes, Turner is incredibly cute....but i CALL him! HE'S MINE!! haha!

-Nikki

Oh so that's how it's gonna be?

#6 DayDreamer95

DayDreamer95

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,331 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 06:25 PM

Hahah Well Turner will just have to pick between Nikki and Alex haha
@Nikki: Thank you soo much! i really appericate that! Yay you're first poster :) And yes Turner is Amazing!
@Alex: hahahahh Thank you so much! I was smiling alot after I saw the Turner War hahah :) I shall post soon I promise :))
Alex~

#7 DayDreamer95

DayDreamer95

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,331 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 07:55 PM

Hey! Thanks for reading! Here's chapter 2! I hope you like it!!! Any CC is appreciated.

Chapter Two:

"You don't understand, Mark." Turner said, trying to convince his naïve brother that he was in love. It wasn't one of those love, that you just fall in love because of her beauty.

"Turner," Mark said calmly "you're doing it again. Look at Carol. Did you really fall in love with her? Or was it for her stunning beauty?" Turner squinted his eyes at his brother. Mark was very much into rubbing salt into the wound.

"Well, you fell in love with her. And 6 months later, I'm attending a wedding." Turner hissed. Mark took much offence to that comment. He really was in love with Carol. Mark had loved her ever since he saw her arm around Turner. Now to him, she looked beautiful.Her smile was the thing he fell in deep love with. He thought about the many times of sneaking out of the house just to see her. Mark remembered the times of Carol and him cheating, while Carol was still with Turner. Turner doesn't know about such things.

"What are you two chattering about?" Carol said, walking into the kitchen, carrying a big basket filled with clean clothes.

"Love. That awful 4 letter word." Turner said, staring at Carol. She looked different than how she looked at a teenager. She had let her hair grow longer, and her eyes had dark bags under them. Apparently their new baby wasn't letting Carol sleep as much. Turner flickered his eyes to Mark. Who had locked his hands, and had them resting on the table. Mark's green eyes were staring at his hands.

What is he thinking? Turner thought. Only to be interrupted by Carol's faint voice.

"Love? Who did you fall in love with this time?" She said rather sarcastically. Turner shot a glare. How dare she say such things. And she was one to talk., she was always gallivanting off with some gentleman. If it wasn't Turner or Mark, it was some other high school sweetheart. Turner was very impressed by her agreement on ever settling down with Mark. Carol was (At least to Turner) was a woman who had a passion for adventure and travel. She was always on the move, wanting to do something extremely exciting or crazy. He never thought she was going to even get married, much less have three children with him.

"That's what I said." Mark commented, looking up at Turner. Turner shot a glare, then looked up at Carol.

"I just met a lovely lady whom I think I'm in love with." Carol couldn't help but flash a smile and laugh.

"In love? Hahaha! Yeah right, and my boy, Joseph, has a pet unicorn!" Turner looked at her with a puzzle look. What kind of comment was that?

"Carol, wasn't that just a little uncalled for." Turner said, eyeing at her. Carol blew it off.

"No sense of humor in this household" She murmured, then going back to her laundry. Turner stared at her, as she neatly folded a small yellow shirt. Turner flickered his eyes back to his brother. Who was glaring at Turner.

"What?" He said, raising his hands in the air. Mark shot a look, then relaxed.

"Now, who is this "Love of you're life" Carol said, breaking the ten minute silent. Carol was from Yorkshire, England. So half the time, understanding her was rather hard. you was always yer. No matter what, it was.

"Her name, you mean?" Turner asked in a worried voice. Why! Her name! What was it? My! He had been in such a daze, he had forgotten to ask one of the waitresses the girl's name!

"Yes, you did get a name, right?" Mark asked, looked Turner in the eyes.

"Of course I do!" Turner lied, "her name, why it's Dorothy"

Mark and Carol have out glances to one another.

"Dorothy?" They said in unison.

"Yes?" Turner said, not sounding as sure as he had hoped.

"What's the last name?" Mark questioned. Must Mark ask so many questions? Turner thought.

"Galvani. She's from Italy." Turner said in a very stern voice. Mark looked at Carol, then back at Turner.

"Galvani? Uhm. Interesting. Dorothy Galvani. What a name." He chuckled, leaning back in his seat. Turner flickered his eyes to Carol. Who was folding some tan Khakis, paying no attention to the conversation.

"What? Can't someone have a name like Dorothy Galvani?" Turner asked, letting his hands fall in his lap.

"Why I don't have a problem with an imaginary person being called Dorothy Galvani. But an actual person? Hm, beats all I have ever heard." Mark said. Who watched Turner in very deep detail.

"Well, why don't you invite her over for dinner on Saturday." Carol said out of the blue. Turner's blood froze. She was paying much attention to the conversation. Now she wanted Turner to get a girl, who's name he doesn't know, and magically bring her to dinner. Had Carol lost her mind?

"Carol," Turner said slowly "I haven't even been on a date with her."

That when Carol and Mark took two glances at one another, then flickered back at Turner and started laughing loudly.

"You're in love with someone, that you haven't been on a date with?" Mark questioned, actually it was more of a statement.Mark was laughing so hard that it was like he wasn't laughing at all. Carol was gripping on a chair so she wouldn't fall over from laughing to much. Carol wiped a tear from her eyes and looked at Turner.

"My, you know nothing at all about her. And yet you love her?" And ended that sentence with a loud chuckle.

And they wonder why I don't visit as often. Turner thought.

"Look, whilst you have your fun. I'm going to exit in a nice fashionable manner and not speak to you. Thank you and good bye" Turner rose from his seat, now Carol and Mark were silent, and left the home. How dare they make fun!

~T~

Turner was seating at his small apartment, staring at the TV. He sighed a sad sigh and turned it off. No calls from any of the newspaper companies. Nothing, once again. He sighed again, leaving the sofa. He walked to his small kitchen. It was done in very bright colors and dark wood. He gazed at his bright red refrigerator. Turner gripped the cool steel handle and pulled it towards him. He looked to find nothing for him to eat. So with that, he decided going to a café instead. He grabbed his coat, and said good bye to he's ever so beloved dog, Elmo, and left the house.

He walked into the small elevator. Staring at the green carpet. It was rather old, it needed to be replaced, but the Landlord was rather tight on money. Turner thought that maybe he would suggest himself on doing the carpeting. But no. Turner was a writer, not a handyman. He thought about the one time he helped his mother fix a leakage in her small cottage. He thought about the large flood after trying to fix the leakage. He shivered at the thought. He pressed the lobby button and waited. He stared at the red numbers, counting down.

24, 23, 22, then it stopped. The doors slid open, revealing a woman with dark wavy locks of hair, and cold blue eyes. She had a fitted white dress, flashing her hourglass figure. She cocked a smile, then stepped into the elevator. She looked very familiar. Turner flickered his eyes to her feet, something he does often, and was taking by surprise. She was standing in about 5 inch heels. Pumps, to be more accurate. And to be more descriptive, they were turquoise.

Turquoise pumps? He thought, but apparently it was rather more of a murmur, as the woman cocked her head to the left.

"Pardon?" She said in her melody voice. Turner's blood was chilled. What was he going to say to such a beauty?

"Oh, I believe I saw you at La Mara Café today." He said, trying to hop his voice wasn't cackling. She nodded, pressing her lips lightly together. She let her hands be pressed on her thighs, as she stared at the numbers too. Probably counting down, Turner thought.

"I'm Turner, by the way." He said, putting a hand out in front of him. She took her attention off the numbers and gazed at his hand. She looked him up and down, looking at his Levi jeans and his plain ocean blue shirt.

"Skylar. I'm Skylar Thompson." She said promptly.

So What do you think?
Alex~

#8 24moon100

24moon100

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 5,131 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 08:46 PM

WOAH this is really cool! I like! AND just so everyone is clear....TUNNER IS MINE OKAY? Thats right hehe. Well anyway i'm very interested to see where this goes so....UPDATE :)

The one and only,

~MEGHAN :user::heartbeat:

#9 DayDreamer95

DayDreamer95

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,331 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 08:55 PM

Soon we're going to have a Turner topic, where we argue about who is having Turner...haha never thought Turner would go sky high
Alex~

#10 SunnyRobot123

SunnyRobot123

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 08:56 PM

WOW that was REALLY good!!! I'm excited to see what happens next!! Update soon!!

:angel12: Kenzie :angel12:

#11 DayDreamer95

DayDreamer95

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,331 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 09:00 PM

Why thank you! I shall post soonish!
Alex~

#12 suze.angelova

suze.angelova

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 11:46 PM

I just read started reading this, and I think it's great!!!
I wonder if Skylar will start to fall in love with him too :D
Turner sounds sweet ^_^
So update soon!!!

:heartbeat: Suze

#13 bubba97

bubba97

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 03:01 AM

I. WANT. HER. SHOES.

I like that my Turner knows what pumps are ;)
Nikki, Meg, we all know he's mine, sorry! :P

Hahhahhah no seriously, great update! Hurry and post the rest!

- MRS. JENNING :evil:

#14 DayDreamer95

DayDreamer95

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,331 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 08:58 AM

Haha I must say I was smiling a bunch when I saw you're comments! :icon_sunny:
@Suze: We'll see if she does or not. Maybe, but who knows!
@Alex: My! You really are wanting to be with Mr. Turner Jenning. Haha, yes Skylar has amazing shoes.
I will post sooon. I working on Chapter 3 now!
Alex~ :blush:

#15 NikkiandEm

NikkiandEm

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,738 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 10:05 AM

im gonna go to the mall today and buy a pair for turquoise pumps.......and therefore Turner loves ME!

as always, loved the update.

and my dear friends, sorry to dishearten you all, but Turner has always been mine, and i plan to keep it that way

-Nikki

#16 NikkiandEm

NikkiandEm

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,738 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 10:06 AM

and we do need a turner fan club. i officially name myself the leader!!!

TURNER IS MINE

haha

-Nikki

#17 DayDreamer95

DayDreamer95

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,331 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 10:10 AM

haha well you can try..maybe he have a fling for shoes! Hahah glad yall liked it! I'll post soonish!
Alex~ :icon_study:

#18 DayDreamer95

DayDreamer95

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,331 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 10:14 AM

Turner Fan club..now that I would lke to see what happens there!
Alex~

#19 NikkiandEm

NikkiandEm

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,738 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 10:17 AM

i'm picturing a huge catfight....named WW3

HAHA

-Nikki

#20 DayDreamer95

DayDreamer95

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,331 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 10:30 AM

hahahha omgosh yesh! WW3! Woman's Wresling for Turner Jenning!
HAHAHHA
Alex! :mgicecream:

#21 NikkiandEm

NikkiandEm

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,738 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 10:36 AM

it would be in Olympics...."Turner Wrestling"

-Nikki

#22 DayDreamer95

DayDreamer95

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,331 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 10:43 AM

Maybe that would go very well.
"WELCOME! TO WW3! TURNER'S WRESLING! WHERE YOU FIGHT IT OUT, FOR TURNER!"
That would be so funny :)
Alex~ :mgbubblegum:

#23 NikkiandEm

NikkiandEm

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,738 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 10:46 AM

we should make an official Turner fight! hahahaha no, that would be a bloodbath!

-Nikki

#24 DayDreamer95

DayDreamer95

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,331 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 12:38 PM

have you realised we've just made a conversation about Turner and the WW3? haha Funny
Alex~ :spinstar:
PS shall post soon!

#25 NikkiandEm

NikkiandEm

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,738 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 01:59 PM

haha WW3 and Turner....such different concepts put together :D

-Nikki

UPDATE

#26 DayDreamer95

DayDreamer95

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,331 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 04:06 PM

Well yes it's completely different subject, haha I will update. Like soon!
Alex~ :angel12:

#27 NikkiandEm

NikkiandEm

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,738 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 04:26 PM

how soon is soon!?

-Nikki

#28 DayDreamer95

DayDreamer95

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,331 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 04:36 PM

Soon is like soon, about like 10 minutes or so. Maybe with some delay!
Alex~ :krakrani:

#29 DayDreamer95

DayDreamer95

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,331 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 07:47 PM

Hey! Chapter three is posted! I hope you like it! Please comment and tell me if it's to cliche! I also know it's a short one, but chapter 4 will be longer! Thanks
Alex~
:user:

Chapter Three:

Turner nodded his head, and looked down at his sneakers. He couldn't believe his luck. He had just met the woman he thought he was in love with. Yes, it was early to judge. Though in an argument, Turner would say "Love at first sight." And that's what he thought this was. Love at first sight. Turner flicked his eyes back to Skylar, who had placed her hands in front of her lap. Her hands were locked as she stared at the red numbers. Turner gazed at the red numbers, seeing it flash 14. He sighed, then turned to address Skylar.

"Would you, umm, like to go, umm, to a café or, um, something?" He stammer. He sighed, then realizing what he had just said.

Where did all the courage come from? He thought, Turner could feel he was getting nervous. He's palms were hot, and clammy. He could feel a trickle of sweat run down the side of his forehead. He's eyes were filled with anxiousness. What would she say? What if she says no? How would Turner deal with such an answer? Oh questions rushed to his mind. He gulped deep, waiting for Skylar's reply.

"Look, it's very sweet. Well, I have a model shoot in about 45 minutes. And it's very far away. Thanks though." She sweetly rejected. Turner sighed, flickering his eyes to the red numbers.

15,14,13,12 He counted down in his head. He slid his hands in his Levi jeans, and sighed another sigh. But a quiet one, one that Ms. Thompson couldn't hear. He watched as the numbers changed to eleven to ten. His brown eyes flickered over to Skylar. Who was standing and waiting, like him.

"Look, I feel really bad about rejecting you like that-

"No, no, no. You have your own life. I shouldn't have dropped the bomb on you!" Turner reassured. Skylar stared at him, as he blurted out the words. She crossed her legs, and then uncrossed them. She moved an inch to the left, and then back one step.

"Turner! Please, you didn't know. Really you didn't. You just asked a simple question. I just so happens to be busy tonight, I was going to ask you for a dinner. Maybe that could repay my bad do's?" She tilted her head, and just gazed at Turner. He was taking much by surprise. And one should be. He wasn't use to someone rejecting him, then wanting to go to dinner because of rejecting him. How strange? He thought. And it was strange. He didn't think she would ever say those words!

"Well, um, I guess. Are you sure?" Turner was nervous, ever time he spoke he could feel his knees go in ward. He knew he was going to fall to the floor, if he wasn't careful.

"GREAT! Shall we go to Tavern on the Green? They have amazing food!" Skylar said cheerfully. Turner's blood froze. Tavern on the Green? He had never been to such place. He had heard about it via friends, but never have attending to the restaurant.

He nodded his head, as some of his golden hair flopped in his eyes. He flicked it out of his eyes, and smiled.

"Um, sure. That's fine." He said, blinking uncontrollably. Turner would do that if he was nervous.

"Great! See ya round 6-ish!" Just as Skylar said that, the big silver doors of the elevator slid to the sides. Flashing the bright painted lobby.

"Sounds amazing!" Turner said, stepping out into the bright lobby.

"Great! 'Kay bye!" She said, waving bye to Turner. Only to sprint to the lobby doors. Turner smiled, seeing her hair bounce around. He walked to one of the lobby walls, that was painted a bright orange, and leaning his full body weight on the wall.

"Turner, sometimes you amaze yourself!" He muttered to himself. Smiling to himself

Whaddya think?

#30 SunnyRobot123

SunnyRobot123

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 09:28 PM

OOOOOOhhhhhhhhhh he got a date with her!! I wonder what he's going to do about the whole name thing. . . .great update!! Update soooooooooon!!!!!!!!!

#31 suze.angelova

suze.angelova

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 09:32 PM

Awwww, Skylar sounds sweet!!! I'm so happy that they're going to dinner :D
Update ASAP! :)

Suze :heartbeat:

#32 NikkiandEm

NikkiandEm

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,738 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 07:33 AM

God, i wish i was SKylar!!!!!

shoutout to my sis wife-
*GO TEAM SISTER WIVES! :D*

UPDATE MY GOOD FRIEND!

-Nikki

#33 NikkiandEm

NikkiandEm

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,738 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 07:37 AM

i;m officially making my signature "nikki jenning" :)

-Nikki Jenning

#34 NikkiandEm

NikkiandEm

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,738 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 07:53 AM

Turner is MINE!!!!

^^^link

-Nikki Jenning

Edited by NikkiandEm, 13 March 2011 - 07:54 AM.

#35 DayDreamer95

DayDreamer95

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,331 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 09:12 AM

@Kenzie: Yesh, he got a date with her! YAY!
@Suze: We'll see if she's as sweet as we all think! Shall update ASAP!
@Nikki (Jenning) well, oh my! Haha! I like the link rather cute! Haha! Oh do yall wannna see who I have in mind for Turner, Skylar, Mark, Carol and Megan? If so, let me know! Update shall be soon!
Alex~

#36 24moon100

24moon100

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 5,131 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 12:27 PM

GOLLIE GEE WHERE HAVE I BEEN? You UPDATED and I'm like super mega late! Well anyways....hmmm how can I put this lightly...oh ya-JEEZ THAT WAS UNEXPECTED! He got a freakin date with her! I wonder when they kiss... ;) ...yes well I hope soon haha, and yes, I'm aware of my silliness.

PS> the fan war has officially began! HE IS MINE BECAUSE I ALREADY OWN TURQUOISE PUMPS! SO HA!

OH wait PPS> I would like to see what you have in mind :)

~MEGHAN :D

#37 bubba97

bubba97

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 02:01 PM

Hahahahahah I can't believe she just did that! And I love how you ended it, like : "Sometimes, you amaze yourself"!!!!!!!!!

TO MY SISTER WIFE:
Now, now Nikki, he is OURS!!!
And I came up with the Mrs. Jenning for the record -.-

UPDATEE SOOOOOOOONNNNNNN ALEXXXX

-Jenning, Alex (sounds good, doesn't it??)

PS: Meg, you cannot own a person, therefore he cannot be yours ;) Although, the pumps are all yours :P

#38 DayDreamer95

DayDreamer95

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,331 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 03:26 PM

GOLLIE GEE WHERE HAVE I BEEN? You UPDATED and I'm like super mega late! Well anyways....hmmm how can I put this lightly...oh ya-JEEZ THAT WAS UNEXPECTED! He got a freakin date with her! I wonder when they kiss... ;) ...yes well I hope soon haha, and yes, I'm aware of my silliness.

PS> the fan war has officially began! HE IS MINE BECAUSE I ALREADY OWN TURQUOISE PUMPS! SO HA!

OH wait PPS> I would like to see what you have in mind :)

~MEGHAN :D

Haha, I was waiting for you to comment! Haha :) Why thank you..I wanted to have the UNEXPECTED happen! Kissing? Hmm..haven't thought about that, I have other things in store :badgrin:

The war has begun? Well good luck ladies!
Alex~ :m:

#39 DayDreamer95

DayDreamer95

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,331 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 03:29 PM

Hahahahahah I can't believe she just did that! And I love how you ended it, like : "Sometimes, you amaze yourself"!!!!!!!!!

TO MY SISTER WIFE:
Now, now Nikki, he is OURS!!!
And I came up with the Mrs. Jenning for the record -.-

UPDATEE SOOOOOOOONNNNNNN ALEXXXX

-Jenning, Alex (sounds good, doesn't it??)

PS: Meg, you cannot own a person, therefore he cannot be yours ;) Although, the pumps are all yours :P

Haha thanks! People (AKA: Me) say that alot to ourselves, Mrs. Jenning. Shall update very very soon!
Alex~ :mgicecream:

#40 DayDreamer95

DayDreamer95

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,331 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 06:25 PM

Hi! Tell me what you think? I hope you like it!
Alex~

Turner was almost finished getting dressed, when the home phone rang.

"Gr! Don't this people have a life?" He muttered to himself, as he tried to tying his tie. Instead, he took the tie off and dropped on his bed. Turner slowly walked out of his room, sighing. He walked down his small and narrow corridor, flickering his eyes to the painting hung perfectly on the wall. The one painting was two robin birds, sitting on a lim. Turner smiled at the picture. He thought about all the memories that picture had held. That picture was painted by his mom, he remembered how his mother would sit out on the apartment porch and just paint pictures after pictures. The robin birds was Turner's Christmas present, even though Turner wasn't a man of holidays.

Turner slowly made his way to the dinning room, that's where the home phone was stationed. Turner wasn’t sure why he had placed it here, but he just liked going to the dining room, instead of the kitchen.

He sprinted to the phone, he weaved around tables that had expensive vases his mother gave to him. Turner wrapped his hands around the phone, and picked it up.

"Hello?" He said, uneasy and panting.

"Hey! It's you're bro! Tony!" Turner sighed, Tony wasn't necessarily Turner's brother, just a really good friend.

"Hey Tony!' Turner said, running his hand through his golden hair.

"So what up?" Tony was an African American, so he would use a lot of slang in front of Turner.

"All is good, I'm about to go on a date. So yeah." Turner said, flickering his brown eyes outside. Turner liked looked down at the people, they always looked like ants to him.

"A date? Bro! With who? Please tell me not with Janice! Dude, you know she's on crack!" Tony said with a serious tone. Turner stopped for a minute and thought. Janice? My! I haven't thought of her in years!

Janice was from Queens, New York. But she was always laughing a nasal laugh, that would drive Tony and Turner up the wall. Her big hair and red lips made her look like some scary Amy Winehouse remix or something.

"Janice? Tony are you crazy! I've dated her in YEARS!" Turner objected. Now seating himself in the dinning room chair. He proped his sneakers on the dining table.

"Oh, come on. Don't you be bulling with me. You were out and about with the chica just last month. I don't know how you stand her voice. God! Her voice, Turner!" Tony complained. Turner rolled his eyes. It was rather true. Janice had a very strong voice. A piercing one at that. Her voice so distinct. So strong, you knew she was coming from a mile away.

"Yes, she did have a strong voice. But beyond that, no it's not who I'm dating. Her name's Skylar. Skylar Thompson. We met at La Mara Café" Turner said, pressing his hand on his face.

"Okay, just so you know. You.Don't.Pick.Up.Girls.From.A.Cafe. Okay? Dude you're crazy. What kind of name is Skylar, anyway!?!" Tony objected. He was the kind that would always worry about Turner's picks in women. Turner would always pick strange and weird women. To imagine Turner with someone "normal" was very hard to understand.

"Skylar is American for Scholar, also a form of Schuyler. And that's Dutch." Turner explained, running his hand, once again, through his golden hair. He sat up more straighter. Then flickering his eyes back out to the window.

"Oh! Well aren't we so smart in names. So what does Tony mean?" Tony asked, trying to sound very saracasitic. Turner laughed at the comment. Imaging Tony sitting on the computer, pressing the phone tight to his ear. As he watched the blank web page.

"Ha! Smart ass, Tony, short of Antony and Anthony, has no meaning." Turner shot back. Laughing in between the comments. This was how it was with Turner and Tony. They would shoot out comments after another. Their childhood was very crazy.

Their parents weren't happy about their friendship.Nor did the neighborhood. Tony's "hood" friends use to call Turner "The White Boy" and Turner's brother, Mark, would always have snarky remarks for Tony. So nevertheless, Turner and Tony stuck through it all.

When it came to college, they both applied for the same colleges. Hoping at least one college would accept them both. Well that didn't turn out to be the case. Tony was accepted in to Harvard and USLA. Whilst, Columbia and NYU approved of Turner joining their colleges. The boys tried and tried to see if not one would accept. But no, Tony decided to go to USLA. Far away from his family, but so far from Turner.

Tony, unfortunately, dropped out within his Sophomore year. He felt so far from home, that and as he had once put it "Cali is no fun with prices! Damn! Food, gas, taxes! And I'm from Brooklyn!"

Turner had made his way through college, adding more friends to his friends list. Though life was rather dull without Tony.

"Damn you and you're smartass!" Tony said. As he said this, Turner could hear Keisha, Tony's year long girlfriend, enter the room.

"Anthony! Can't you keep any damn thing white? Must it be black? Damn!" Turner imagined Keisha's long hair extentions falling in her eyes. Her long fake french nails brushing it out of her round face. She probably was having a blue plastic hand basket pressed on her hips as she spoke.

"Keisha! I'm on the phone!" Tony argued. Turner could only snicker, Turner leaned back in the seat. Watching out the window the millions of people rush outside.

"With who? That better not be Trixie! You know what the hell I think of Trixie!" Keisha said, who's now shooting off glares to Tony.

"It's Turner! You phyco sometimes!" Tony said, Turner imagined Tony was bobbing his head like a Bobble head doll.

"Turner! Oh! Let me talk to him! I need to ask him about that cassarole thing." Keisha said, using an exciting tone. Turner sighed, waiting for Tony to hand over the phone.

"Keisha! That was a taco, and also he's out with some girl tonight. He don't have time for you!" Tony and Keisha would always talk so hard to one another, but they would always make up. Most likely after Turner hung the phone up, Keisha and Tony would be saying sorry to one another.

"With who? No! Not Janice! You call me phyco! Uh uh! No she's the phycopath there!" Keisha said, there was a great possiblality that she placed a long french nail finger in front of her self.

"No! He's over Janice! He's going out with a girl named Skylar." Turner sighed, waving his watch hand to see the time. 5:48.

Turner placed a shocked look, my! It's so late! Would he make it on time. She did say six right? Many questions were thought up. Turner jumped from his seat, pressing the phone to his ear, using his shoulder. Turner made a run to his bedroom, he just had to slip on his twead vest. He could hear Keisha and Tony having a small argument on the phone. Turner sighed, he scrabbled around in his closet.

Where is it!?! He yelled in his head.

Then it was like a lighblub above of his head went off. The dryer.

Turner raced to the washer and dryer, with the phone still pressed in his ear. He pulled the lever and stared at the dryer. Finally he found what he was requesting. He took it out, and slipped it right on. He made sure there was no visable creases. He smiled at himself, then unpressing the phone out of his ear. Turner took it into his hand, and spoke with a pant.

"Tony! Keisha! I have to go! Nice talking to you, Tony! Ciao, bye!" And he hung up.

After that, Turner said good bye to his dog, Elmo, then raced to the elevator.

~T~

Tavern on the Green was so beautiful. It was so different than the deli places Turner had been too. It was such a different atmospere than he had thought. He so many different people, like a woman dressed in a cherry red dress. She had matching red lips, and red nail polish. Her dark hair was all done in pretty curls. As she had a fur coat wrapped around her body. She was chatting to her husband about the latest Broadway production, and how she loved it so. Turner smiled, as he enter the restaurant. Tavern was very polish but very New York. There was red tablecloths wrapped around the glass tables. White candles were lit in the center, silverware was already placed.

Turner walked over to the front desk, requesting if a Ms. Skylar Thompson had arrived. The French gentleman looked at Turner like he had three heads.

"Sky-lair? Sky-lair Tom-P-son? She's with you?" The French gentleman said, the man had dark hair, and a dark fine small mousche. The French man to an eyed look at Turner,

What was his problem? Turner thought.

The French man looked at Turner once more, before calling Skylar to the front desk. You know, just to make sure Turner was the person to meet her for dinner.

When she came, she wore a knee length black dress. That was very flowing, and pretty when she walked. Her hair was done in light curls. Her make-up was simple, but pretty. Smoky eyes and glossy lips. How could Turner not resist? She gave Turner a smile as she walked up. He noticed she wore her beloved Turquoise shoes. Turner returned the smile.

"What seems to be the matter?" She asked, very concern.

"Vell! This man says he is attire to join you for dinner! Impossible madam!" Turner noted the way the french man said "madam" was more like "My Damn" Turner had to, of course, laugh. A silent laugh of course!

"Excuse me? I don't think so! He is to come and join me for dinner, not impossible! God! Come on, Turner! I'm sorry for the inconvince." Shooting a glare at the Frenchman.

"It's fine, I can understand. No, wait I can't." Turner said, trying to act like funny. It worked, she flashed a smile, before leading him to their table. It was in the corner, away from all masses of people. Turner liked that. Skylar point to the seat, in which Turner seated himself down. He smiled at her, seeing her in the candle light made her look more beautiful and more of what Turner was falling for.

"You look pretty." He commented, blushing around his cheeks and eyes.

Skylar made a laugh, but it was a different laugh. More like a pleasant laugh that someone complimented her.

"Thank you, you look very handsome." She said, before being interrupted by the waiter.

~T~

That was probably the best date Turner had ever had. He spent two and a half hours, chatting about novels and book he liked. He had also listened to the very harsh modeling business. Something Turner was glad he didn't have interest in. How could one cry every time they went to a modeling shoot, and yet still want to do more of modeling? He gave Skylar a lot of credit for bravery. After his large dinner, Skylar and him went passed a Ben and Jerry's ice cream store. Turner and Skylar walked around Central Park, eating Mint and Chocolate ice cream. Just chattering about the nightlife of New York. How amazing this day was. The best of Turner's life. He was glad to be spending his Friday night with such a beauty. How amazing.

After Central Park, Skylar and Turner took a taxi back to the apartment building. The lobby was filled with emptiness. The only thing was the painting staring at them as they entered. The loud noise of her shoes clacking into the lobby. Turner smiled, listening to her feet.

They finally got to Skylar level. Turner reassured her that he would get off with e walk her home. She was taking by much surprised, but agreed to the preposal. At the door of her apartement, Turner watched as she scrambled for her keys. Finally, she grabbed them and slowly inserted it into the lock. She turned the key and swung the door open. She turned to Turner and smiled.

"Thanks for a lovely night." Turner nodded, smiling at her.

She was so pretty and so beautiful, Turner just had the urge to kiss her. He leaned down forward, he was so close to her lips, he could hear her breath. He almost met her lips when she said

"Look, I can't do this! This was just for a friend event. Not a date." And that's when she slammed the door in Turner's face.

And? What do you think?

#41 SunnyRobot123

SunnyRobot123

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 07:23 PM

Wow!! that was reeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaallllllllllyyyyyyyyyy good!! My jaw dropped at the end! I wonder. . . .Update sooon!!!

#42 24moon100

24moon100

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 5,131 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 08:02 PM

WHYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!! WHY did she have to do that?!!!!!!! Poor Turner!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now you like have to update before I cry!

~MEGHAN :icon_mecry2:

#43 DayDreamer95

DayDreamer95

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,331 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 09:22 AM

Wow!! that was reeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaallllllllllyyyyyyyyyy good!! My jaw dropped at the end! I wonder. . . .Update sooon!!!

Haha! Jaw Dropper? Yay! Shall I ask what you wonder? Update will be very soon!
Alex~ :mgbubblegum:

#44 DayDreamer95

DayDreamer95

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,331 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 09:24 AM

WHYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!! WHY did she have to do that?!!!!!!! Poor Turner!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now you like have to update before I cry!

~MEGHAN :icon_mecry2:

Why you ask? Well
Spoiler

Skylar should explain soon
DON'T CRYYYYYYYYYYYYYY PLEASE DON'T!!!!!!!
Alex~

#45 suze.angelova

suze.angelova

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 09:54 AM

What?! Why did Skylar have to ruin the moment :(
I feel so bad for Turner...

Update soon!!! :D
xoxo, Suze :heartbeat:

0 user(s) are reading this topic