• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 Indecisive

Indecisive

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 06:39 AM

Ahh! Yes Paul Slater. I know, I know, seemingly the majority hate him and the rest are either inbetween (as in fans of both Jesse and Slater - like myself) whilst others absolutely completely adore him and call Jesse a softie. Indeed, it would seem that Slater is quite the controversial figure within the Mediator series

Personally, I love the guy not as much as Jesse. But still the bad boy charm - more spice than sugar and that is an absolutely delicious combinations - well or so I think anyways. Someone called Paul an 'anti-hero' and you know I absolutely agree with that statement - he's not quite good nor is he 100% evil as some like to believe rather as he mentioned in the 6th book: he likes the shade, gray - black and white is way overrated. Paul Slater does what is best for Paul Slater. And that's within the human nature realm isn't it? I think that's why the law is where he would ideally fit in. Justice after all is not quite straightforward and the notion is not fixed - it's constantly changing.

So what do you'll think - love Paul Slater? Hate him? So-so?

#2 Dramagirl221

Dramagirl221

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 665 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 01:39 PM

I don't exactly like Paul Slater....but I don't hate him either. And it's not so-so either. It's like, I liked reading about him in the books, but he's the bad guy so she doesn't exactly make him LIKEABLE....

If you know what I mean.

#3 Indecisive

Indecisive

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 05:48 PM

Yeah I sort of get what you mean. Paul SLater is indeed quite arrogant in the books and as Cabot stated his reasons for being obsessed with Suze was due to the fact (and I quote) that he wanted to 'bone' her. But I believe there's more to him than just being a rich boy with every luxury practically at his feet - perhaps I have read too many Paul fics or perhaps I've just always been drawn to the bad boy sort. To me he's sort of like Sebastian from Cruel Intentions. But yeah its hard to explain I guess. But I do agree with you on some level and I'm glad that you don't hate him - unfortunately too many Mediator fans who join the Jesse fanclub go into the Paul Slater hate club.

#4 Dramagirl221

Dramagirl221

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 665 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 05:55 PM

Haha.

It's kind of hard to hate a guy who's in a bunch of kissing scenes :icon_geek:

#5 Indecisive

Indecisive

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 09:16 PM

Lol...completely agree and one who looks like a Calvin Klein model - ummmmm....sorry I was day dreaming.

#6 CracKing97

CracKing97

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 02:06 PM

Paul's funny and HOT! :heartbeat:

Edited by CracKing97, 06 January 2011 - 02:07 PM.

#7 rennesme

rennesme

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 10:05 AM

Paul's funny and HOT! :heartbeat:

ryt paul slater is totally hot but i think jesse is also hot..
:D

#8 NikkiandEm

NikkiandEm

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,738 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 10:57 AM

is it weird to love both jesse and paul???

its like damon and stefan in "the vampire diaries"!

-Nikki

#9 wonderlandprincess

wonderlandprincess

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 02:15 AM

[quote name='NikkiandEm' timestamp='1298735850' post='2347148']

-Nikki
[/quote

Nah! I love em both, but at times I feel like a trader or something. But I think for Paul its more of a love/hate thing.

#10 farrah

farrah

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 07:52 PM

Paul RULEZ.

Jesse is such a boring gentleman softie!

Paul scenes are more... entertaining.

Rachael :mgbumblebee:

#11 24moon100

24moon100

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 5,131 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 12:40 PM

-Nikki

I feel you Nikki! Its exactly like that! Except after a while I've just leaned onto Paul's and Damon's side. But I still Love Jesse and Stephan.

#12 24moon100

24moon100

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 5,131 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 01:01 PM

Okay Guys here we go. Paul needs to have a little bit of some credit here.

First of all. I love Jesse, I have absolutely nothing against him and I think he is a really great guy. Paul's just...whats the word? Umm...sexier? How that is possible, I have no idea. They are both incredibly hot. ALL I know is that Paul's got more steam on the lust train than Jesse. More fuel to that passion, and more love to that desire. If you think about it. Paul really does have feelings. You could tell every time Suze snapped at him that some part of him couldn't help but look a little hurt. He was just falling in love with someone he couldn't have. Sure, I'll agree he might have been misguided about things, but he was never really evil. Just lonely.

And come on guys? Tell me you didn't feel some serious butterfly's every time he was around? There was never a dull moment in the mediator when mentioning Paul. He made it exciting. And maybe, once he finds someone who can love him back, you'll see that he's not so bad underneath it all. He just wants someone to make him happy. (Kinda like Damon from vampire Diaries) Paul Slater has a heart that needs lovin.

So my vote is for total Paul Lover. I wouldn't have it any other way now. I can't help it. Paul's just my type. I prefer the bad boy to the gentleman in fiction. And I have a feeling that he can be both.

-MEG

Edited by 24moon100, 28 June 2011 - 01:01 PM.

#13 Reader the Fish

Reader the Fish

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 06:32 AM

what book does he come in? I finished book 2.

#14 sannachi

sannachi

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 11:44 AM

I like Paul because he's a bit dangerous if you know what I mean. :)

#15 24moon100

24moon100

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 5,131 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 12:27 PM

what book does he come in? I finished book 2.

He comes in book four-six ;)

#16 suze.angelova

suze.angelova

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 03:52 AM

For whoever mentioned the Vampire Diaries before, I have no problem chosing- DAMON ALL THE WAY! :D

As for Paul Slater...how can any girl resist his charms?

He is just incredible!

Although I like Jesse too- he would make such a perfect boyfriend/husband as he is so kind and caring and sweet :)

But I like me some bad boys more ;)

:heartbeat: Suze

#17 24moon100

24moon100

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 5,131 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 04:33 AM

For whoever mentioned the Vampire Diaries before, I have no problem chosing- DAMON ALL THE WAY! :D

As for Paul Slater...how can any girl resist his charms?

He is just incredible!

Although I like Jesse too- he would make such a perfect boyfriend/husband as he is so kind and caring and sweet :)

But I like me some bad boys more ;)

:heartbeat: Suze

A-GREED! Pain and simple. ;)

-MEG

#18 starberry

starberry

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,205 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 10:27 AM

I am definitely Team Switzerland when it comes to the Mediator Series. In cannon while I do like the Jesse ending, there's just something about Mr. Slater that charms me. I know that we're not supposed to like him, according to Meg, but I think Paul's likable because he's a multi-dimensional character. He's not purely good or bad. Plus, I read the fifth book first, so I guess it was a little easier to excuse his behavior from Darkest Hour. I do have to say in fan fiction, I like a Paul/Suze pairing better than Suze/Jesse. Mainly because of the fireworks between those two. I really believe that if book six wasn't the end of the series, Paul could've stood a chance. Yes, it's true Suze is happy with alive Jesse, but I think had there been more time in the series she probably would've found herself a bit restless and might have given into Paul's charms. That, and I think Paul could've gone on the road to redemption. Well, maybe. I do think he would've grown up a little. What I honestly like the best about Paul is what you see is what you get. Unlike JP, in the Princess Diaries series, Paul doesn't try to hide his evilness. He doesn't play passive aggressively. He is what he is.

M

#19 Queenamz

Queenamz

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 05:15 PM

Weirdly enough, even though Paul does all the things that are considered 'evil', I still LOVE him! But I also adore Jesse, and can't seem to choose between them! *sigh* I will be forever confused :s

#20 24moon100

24moon100

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 5,131 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 10:35 PM

I am definitely Team Switzerland when it comes to the Mediator Series. In cannon while I do like the Jesse ending, there's just something about Mr. Slater that charms me. I know that we're not supposed to like him, according to Meg, but I think Paul's likable because he's a multi-dimensional character. He's not purely good or bad. Plus, I read the fifth book first, so I guess it was a little easier to excuse his behavior from Darkest Hour. I do have to say in fan fiction, I like a Paul/Suze pairing better than Suze/Jesse. Mainly because of the fireworks between those two. I really believe that if book six wasn't the end of the series, Paul could've stood a chance. Yes, it's true Suze is happy with alive Jesse, but I think had there been more time in the series she probably would've found herself a bit restless and might have given into Paul's charms. That, and I think Paul could've gone on the road to redemption. Well, maybe. I do think he would've grown up a little. What I honestly like the best about Paul is what you see is what you get. Unlike JP, in the Princess Diaries series, Paul doesn't try to hide his evilness. He doesn't play passive aggressively. He is what he is.

M

You have a profound point. :)

I totally agree!

#21 Aprilloves

Aprilloves

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 05:14 PM

oh my god i lv paul sooo cute and bad boyish lol

if the do a mediator movie i think chase crawford wo :heartbeat: uld fit him perfectly :)

Posted Image

#22 rbookaholic123

rbookaholic123

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 12:13 AM

mmmm...I love Paul. Totally Paul lover over here! I usually end up finding myself liking the guy that doesn't end up with the main character more than the guy she ends up with. I wanted Suze with Jesse. Then I could have Paul all to myself, lol. :D

#23 8allison5

8allison5

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 08:01 PM

I love both Soo Hott!

#24 Jesselover!

Jesselover!

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 156 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 12:04 AM

-Nikki

I know i was justthinking that

#25 Jesselover!

Jesselover!

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 156 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 12:06 AM

YOU know what i dont understand?After jesse was alive after all that Pauls done to suze he just like "Okay we good" and just leaves her for Kelly?

#26 Jesselover!

Jesselover!

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 156 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 12:08 AM

I feel you Nikki! Its exactly like that! Except after a while I've just leaned onto Paul's and Damon's side. But I still Love Jesse and Stephan.

I love that book

#27 suzeroxxx

suzeroxxx

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 05:13 AM

-Nikki

exactly!

jesse and paul are just too awesome :heartbeat:
no comparision.

#28 DerSturmKommt

DerSturmKommt

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 07:19 PM

PAUL FAN CLUB ALL THE WAY!!!! <3

There's such a vulnerability about Paul that Jesse doesn't have. It's like there's this entire realm of possibilities to explore with his character motivation. The backstory with his grandfather was really telling of his love/hate relationship with his abilities and provides an explanation for the reasons he chooses to abuse them. Another interesting revelation is the inferiority Paul feels as a result of Dr. Slaski's ostracism for embracing his shifter powers. In comparison with Jesse, Paul's not a "good person," but that's also another probable reason for Paul's hatred for the guy- he represents something Paul can never be.

Everything about him is just intriguing; the psychology behind his drive, considering his predisposition for greatness, is a case study in an obsessive need for control... Plus, uh, yeah- TOTALLY hot. Unfortunately, real Pauls mostly turn out to be like Ted Bundy and Scott Peterson without their shifter powers to channel their anger into. Oh, well! At least we have bookie Paul!! <3 <3 <3 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users