#1 Bushra_Siddiqui

Bushra_Siddiqui

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 07:22 AM

Chapter 1:

I stared at the clock.

When will it strike 3 O'clock? I say to myself. 

"Miss Moscovitz, may I know the reason why you got a D - in your geometry test?" I hear Mr. Giovanni say. He held the paper up high for everyone to see.

"Is there something wrong?"

"Ooh, Study bug got a D-," Stephanie Sharon snickers.

"Nothing happened, sir," I say as I pull a face at her.

"Well, better next time," He slams the paper on my desk. I pick it up and study it. Every question I answered is wrong.

Seriously, what's up with me? Why am I acting so strange?

Then it hits me. I just found out that my mom is the reigning monarch of Genovia.

That's right. I'm no longer ordinary Bella Moscovitz, the geekiest girl in ninth grade, also known as study bug. Now I am Bella Mignonette Grimaldi Thermopolis Moscovitz Renaldo, princess of Genovia.

Me, a princess? You've got to be kidding.

"I know how it feels, dear," mom said. "I felt like screaming the day when your grandad told me I was a princess,"

Ok, I felt like screaming too. I mean, how can I, Bella Moscovitz, turn from a geek to…..a princess?

Worse, what will happen if everyone from school finds out about this? I'll die due to a heart attack.

What am I going to do? I cannot let anyone from school to find about this. Or my life would be ruined.

Thank god the bell just rang. Now I can finally go home and get some rest because I really need a break now.

Author's note: Hi guys! I'm kinda new, and I love the princess diaries! so I decided to write a fan fiction on it. I sort of made changes in the story. In my story, Genovia isn't a constitutional monarchy. it's about Micheal's and Mia's daughter, Bella, who finds out she's a princess just like her mom. Sorry if the chapter is short, but I will make it longer next time. Hope you like it!

#2 BonkersBookworm78

BonkersBookworm78

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 11:52 AM

I love Princess Diaries too and don't worry the length of your chapters doesn't matter as much as the quality of them. Anyway, brilliant beginning, the style of your writing sounds similar to Meg Cabots. Your character sounds extremely realistic .This sounds like the sort of thing I would enjoy reading. Needless to say I would like to read more.

Millie May

#3 Bushra_Siddiqui

Bushra_Siddiqui

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 11:57 AM

I love Princess Diaries too and don't worry the length of your chapters doesn't matter as much as the quality of them. Anyway, brilliant beginning, the style of your writing sounds similar to Meg Cabots. Your character sounds extremely realistic .This sounds like the sort of thing I would enjoy reading. Needless to say I would like to read more.

Millie May

~Bushra~

Edited by Bushra_Siddiqui, 04 August 2013 - 12:00 PM.

#4 BonkersBookworm78

BonkersBookworm78

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 12:14 PM

I look forward to reading it.

#5 Bushra_Siddiqui

Bushra_Siddiqui

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 02:13 AM

Chapter 2:

I came in to my room, changed my uniform in to my regular clothes, and lay down on my bed. I really needed some rest.  I couldn't believe it. I was a princess.

I remembered the conversation I had with my mom. She had arrived from Genovia yesterday. That's when we had the talk, in my room at my Gran's loft.

"Honey," She said. "I wanted to tell you something. There is a secret you need to know. Promise me you won't freak out," 

"I won't, mom," I replied. 

"Well, I thought it's time that you must know that I'm a Princess. Princess of Genovia,"  she replied. "You used to think I just worked there, after your father's death? well, you were wrong,"

"WRONG?" I shouted. "WHAT DO YOU MEAN? That I was WRONG? excuse me, mom. I think it was you and dad who lied to me my entire life up till now!!"

"Bella, listen," mom said. "you promised me you wouldn't freak out,"

"But why?" I shouted, throwing my hands in the air, and shaking my fists. "how can you? how can you keep this big secret from me and wouldn't tell me? this is really big! and you're telling me after ALL THESE YEARS?"

"Bella," mom said. "the reason we didn't tell you anything, was that we wanted to protect you. We didn't wanted to put to much preasure on you. We wanted to protect you from danger. Especially after your father's death," tears fell down from her eyes. I hugged her. I knew they both loved each other unconditionally. Besides, he was my dad. I loved him just like I love my mom. He loved me, and my little brother and sister. He loved his family more than anything.

"It's OK, mom," I said. "I understand. "I love him too. He loved us unconditionally. All of us,"

Mom smiled at me. "I knew you'd understand," she said. "You're just like Micheal. He understood me just like you understand what I'm saying,"

I smiled, too. "I know. He used to understand my problems at school and solve them, too." 

"OK," mom said. "go wash your face. I'll be waiting for you downstairs."

"Sure mom," I said. she closed the door, as I washed my face. I was still appalled. I'm a.............princess? the heir to the throne of Genovia?

Why was I remembering all thiis? It just makes me cry. I really miss my dad. I wish he was still alive.   

#6 BonkersBookworm78

BonkersBookworm78

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 02:41 AM

You made Michael die, thats so sad, no wonder their all crying. It must have been hard for all of them, though Belle must be shocked she's a princess. I want to read more. Please update!

Millie May

#7 BonkersBookworm78

BonkersBookworm78

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 02:43 AM

You made Michael die, thats so
sad, no wonder their all crying. It must have been hard for all of them, though Bella must be shocked she's a princess. I want to read more.
Please update!

Millie May

#8 Bushra_Siddiqui

Bushra_Siddiqui

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 03:15 AM

You made Michael die, thats so
sad, no wonder their all crying. It must have been hard for all of them, though Bella must be shocked she's a princess. I want to read more.
Please update!

Millie May

Thanks for the comments! I couldn't do much with Micheal, so I thought what's the point of having a character in your story with which you have got nothing to do! Besides, this story isn't about Mia and Micheal. It's about their daughter. I'll update soon! :) 

Edited by Bushra_Siddiqui, 05 August 2013 - 03:23 AM.

#9 BonkersBookworm78

BonkersBookworm78

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 03:33 AM

Thanks for the comments! I couldn't do much with Micheal, so I thought what's the point of having a character in your story with which you have got nothing to do! Besides, this story isn't about Mia and Micheal. It's about their daughter. I'll update soon! :)

I suppose that's the sensible thing to do, anyway if Micheal was there he would take up too much of the attention. Did I mention I love Micheal Moscovitz. I look forward to reading more.

Millie May

#10 Bushra_Siddiqui

Bushra_Siddiqui

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 04:13 AM

I suppose that's the sensible thing to do, anyway if Micheal was there he would take up too much of the attention. Did I mention I love Micheal Moscovitz. I look forward to reading more.

Millie May

Lol I love Micheal too! :)

#11 BonkersBookworm78

BonkersBookworm78

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 07:00 AM

Lol I love Micheal too! :)

Who doesn't love Micheal?

#12 Bushra_Siddiqui

Bushra_Siddiqui

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 07:04 AM

Who doesn't love Micheal?

that is so true :)

#13 Bushra_Siddiqui

Bushra_Siddiqui

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 05:48 AM

Chapter 3:

After lying down for a few seconds, I thought about going to the public library. As I walked down the lane, I thought about my childhood. I grew up to be an emotionless and a cold person. My mom was usually in Genovia. Dad used to come here too, but his company, Pavlov Surgical, was in California so he spent most of the time there. Me and my siblings lived in our maternal Grandmother's loft. She is an artist, and she was usually at the studio, while Mr. Giannini, her husband, was at Albert Einstein High school, teaching Algebra. I was at school and I didn't have interest in anything there except studying. When I came back, I used to babysit my siblings, who are both twins. I used to order some food and start studying. 

I sighed heavily. I

#14 BonkersBookworm78

BonkersBookworm78

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 09:18 AM

Really, really good. ( she sighed heavily!)
Millie May

#15 Bushra_Siddiqui

Bushra_Siddiqui

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 11:45 AM

Really, really good. ( she sighed heavily!)
Millie May

#16 BonkersBookworm78

BonkersBookworm78

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 03:21 PM

Please update soon.

#17 Bushra_Siddiqui

Bushra_Siddiqui

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 02:00 AM

Please update soon.

I will update soon. It's just that I'm busy these days. I've got this stupid project which I have to complete :icon_study:  :icon_study: . Seriously, if child labour is a crime, then why teachers give us homework? :huh:  :huh:  

#18 BonkersBookworm78

BonkersBookworm78

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 03:54 AM

Yeah homework is stupid don't teachers realise there is more to life than school. I wont be online much in the next couple weeks.
Millie May

#19 Bushra_Siddiqui

Bushra_Siddiqui

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 10:37 AM

Chapter 4:

"Good morning!" students in our class start greeting each other as I enter my class. I quietly sit down on my desk.

"Hey! It's Andrew!" A boy in our class shouts. A tall boy with black, curly, short hair and ocean blue eyes enters in our class.

"Good morning!" he says. He goes up towards the Japanese boy who called his name and they exchange each other high-fives.

"Hey! Yuzzan!" he says. "Nice to see you again,"

I recognize him. I've met him before, at the entrance c him. I've met him before, at the entrance ceremony. He was lost so I told him the direction to St. Hilda's high school.

As I remember the first day of school, I glance at the board hanging in my classroom. Andrew stands there, trying to take out a chart or something from it.

I walk towards him. "Here," I say. "What do you want?"

"I can't take out this chart," He says, pulling it hard.

"Hey!" I say, moving away his hand. "Let me take it out. The board might fall down."

He moves aside as I take out the thumb pin which was stuck on the chart. Then I hand it to him, and he says, grinning, "Thanks,"

I raise a brow and move towards my seat. Then I sit down on my desk again. Why was he saying thanks to me? I mean, I told him the school's direction and all. But even though for once I was kind, no one would give that kindness back to me. He got first last term! I wanted to be first. He's so lucky. He's popular, intelligent, smart, and his mother is not a princess. He's a normal boy, with a normal, happy, life.

Why can't I live a normal life? Why?

"So," he says, grinning as he stands in front of the class. "Every year, as we all know, the annual sports festival is held." He turns a little red, and then says," And Mr. Burke has chosen me class representative."

At that exact moment, Mr. Burke comes in our class and shouts, "Yeah, that's right! All of you are supposed to join. We have to win this year. So I expect everyone to join and practice every day. You can choose any sport you want. If we don't win, then you're all going to suffer."

He laughs evilly. "And I expect a lot from you, especially, Andrew," he says. Then he looks at me. "You," he says. "Moscovitz, you of course, can sit at home. I really don't want to lose this time,"

"He must have a bet, Elise," I hear a girl whispering to another.

"Oh, Misako," the other girl whispers back. "He's Mr. Burke. This happened last term, remember? He doesn't have a bet. He just likes torturing us. Besides, bet or not, I want to win."

"What sport are you taking?" Misako asks her friend.

"Hmm, I think soccer," she says.

"Me, too, then," Misako says.

Hmm. I don't know why, but I feel like signing up for soccer, too.

#20 BonkersBookworm78

BonkersBookworm78

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 12:28 PM

Really good. Please update.

(Sorry, I am very tired, hungry and dehydrated.)

Millie May

#21 Bushra_Siddiqui

Bushra_Siddiqui

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 08:50 AM

Really good. Please update.

(Sorry, I am very tired, hungry and dehydrated.)

Millie May

Thanks. I'll update more sooner  :D  

#22 Bushra_Siddiqui

Bushra_Siddiqui

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 01:43 AM

Chapter 5:

I stand in front of the signup sheet for the sports festival.  I stare at it, not sure about what I was doing. I've never played soccer. In fact, I've never taken part in any sports at all. I was always busy in my studies.

What am I doing here? I tell myself, staring at the sheet, and then staring at the pen in my hand. I write my name on the sheet, Bella Moscovitz.

"I heard Bella's signing up for the sports festival," I hear a voice say.

"You mean Study bug?" Another voice replies. "Speaking of which, she's already there, writing her name."

I groan. I know who that girl is. She's Stephanie Sharon, with her cronies laughing at me. Whatever. Like I care what they say.

"Hey, Bella," she says. "Why don't you reconsider your decision? Mr. Burke doesn't want St. Hilda to lose this year,"

A few of her cronies giggle. She smirks and leaves me all to myself. Ok, that hurts. I'm not sporty, but I'm really tall like my mother, and I can fight. I feel like giving her a big punch on her face so it turns all red and she runs away, crying like a baby even though she's a senior and all, and she's going to graduate soon.

I always try to ignore her, or anyone who starts calling me geek, nerd or study bug. It's kind of hard, but not that much. As I told you before, I grew up to be an emotionless, cold-hearted person. So I shouldn't mind punching her face or tearing away her arms and legs apart. I know. My thoughts are scary, aren't they?

Just then, Misako and Elise, appear in front. They smile and say "Hi,"

"Hey, Bella," Elise says. "What's up?"

"Nothing much," I reply, appalled to see a person calling me by my first name for the first time in school. I mean, she asked me how I was. No one asks me how I was.

"Hey, you're signing up, too, right?" Misako asks. "What sport are you taking?"

"Soccer," I reply. "Although I don't how to play it."

"Hey," Elise says. "How about if you practice it with Misako and me? We can teach you soccer,"

"Thanks," I say. Hmmm, I've got homework, and then chores back at the loft. What should I do? Say yes? Maybe it could keep my mind of from the whole princess thing.

"Sure," I say. "Yes, it's a great idea. When are you going to practice?" God, why did I say that?

"RIGHT NOW!" The both chorus together.  

Edited by Bushra_Siddiqui, 24 August 2013 - 01:43 AM.

#23 BonkersBookworm78

BonkersBookworm78

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 03:15 PM

Speaking in unison is creepy, though I am glad they're being friendly towards her. I hate labels, especially geek or nerd, people might as well admit they're jealous and be done with it. Belle should punch them ( I'm in a violent mood at the moment, I just watched an action film.)

Brilliant chapter, as always. You make Belle sound like her mother,whilst still sounding as if she's her own person. It will be nice to read about her, with the people around her actually being pleasant, I look forward to reading more.

Millie May

#24 Bushra_Siddiqui

Bushra_Siddiqui

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 04:57 AM

Speaking in unison is creepy, though I am glad they're being friendly towards her. I hate labels, especially geek or nerd, people might as well admit they're jealous and be done with it. Belle should punch them ( I'm in a violent mood at the moment, I just watched an action film.)

Brilliant chapter, as always. You make Belle sound like her mother,whilst still sounding as if she's her own person. It will be nice to read about her, with the people around her actually being pleasant, I look forward to reading more.

Millie May

Don't worry, she'll punch Stephanie Sharon in the later chapters :D

#25 Bushra_Siddiqui

Bushra_Siddiqui

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 07:18 AM

Chapter 6:

Elise kicks the ball. It rolls forward, towards me. Unfortunately, I miss it.

"It's the tenth time and you missed it again," Misako groans.

Why did I agree to practice with them? They're tired and probably mad at me.  Plus I had a lot of homework. An hour had passed, and I still couldn't catch the ball.

Why did I write my name on the signup sheet, anyway?

"I'm sorry," I say. "I wasted your time,"

"No!' Misako says. "Don't say sorry!"

"Yeah," Elise says. "Isn't this why friends are for? And you didn't waste our time."

Friends? Ok, where did that come from?

"Eh? Friends?" I say.

"Yeah, we wanted to be your friends. We're both interested in you," Misako says. She pushes her jet black hair behind her ear.

"Yeah," Elise says. "We never had the chance to talk to you. You were busy studying. Plus you always have that freaky look on your face, when you're studying."

Wow. This has been the first time anyone has asked me to become my friends so badly. They were interested in me. Why would anybody be interested in a tall, nerdy girl like me? And why would anybody bother to practice soccer with me? These two girls didn't care how I looked, or what people say about me. They want to know me better. Oh my god. They want to become my friends. That's SO sweet. For the first time I really feel happy.

"You guys want to become my friends?" I say, swallowing hard.

"Yeah," Misako says.

I smile at them. "Wow. No one ever wanted to be my friend. And you two are the first people to say that. Thank you very much,"

"What are you talking about?" Elise says. "Why are you thanking us? We're your almost-sort-of-friends,"

"Are you kidding?" I say. "You are my friends. You aren't almost-sort-of-my-friends," I say. "You know what? When you two were discussing about soccer, I wanted to join it too. It's all because of you,"

Misako sniffs. "I've never heard anybody say that to me. That's so sweet," she says.

"Hey, Misako, stop getting so emotional," Elise says.

"Ok," Misako says. "I'm tired. Let's practice tomorrow,"

"Ok, see you guys tomorrow," I say, waving them a good-bye.

#26 BonkersBookworm78

BonkersBookworm78

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 01:14 PM

Don't worry, she'll punch Stephanie Sharon in the later chapters :D

Yay!

It`s so sweet that they want to be her friend, but at the same time she shouldn't be so critical of herself and people should want to be friends with her.  Misako and Elise make me laugh.

Overall another brilliant chapter.

Millie May

#27 Bushra_Siddiqui

Bushra_Siddiqui

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 03:08 AM

Yay!

It`s so sweet that they want to be her friend, but at the same time she shouldn't be so critical of herself and people should want to be friends with her.  Misako and Elise make me laugh.

Overall another brilliant chapter.

Millie May

Thank you that you like my story :icon_biggrin:  :icon_biggrin:  :D  :D . I will post a new chaper soon. I wasn't feeling well yesterday. That's why I didn't get the time to write a new chapter. 

P.S: you can call me Bushra. 

#28 BonkersBookworm78

BonkersBookworm78

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 03:13 AM

Thank you that you like my story :icon_biggrin:  :icon_biggrin:  :D  :D . I will post a new chaper soon. I wasn't feeling well yesterday. That's why I didn't get the time to write a new chapter. 

P.S: you can call me Bushra. 

I hope your feeling better Bushra, don't force yourself to write, writing should be enjoyable. I look forward to reading more. You can call me Millie or Millie May, whichever you prefer.

Millie May

#29 Bushra_Siddiqui

Bushra_Siddiqui

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 03:29 AM

I hope your feeling better Bushra, don't force yourself to write, writing should be enjoyable. I look forward to reading more. You can call me Millie or Millie May, whichever you prefer.

Millie May

I am feeling better than yesterday. And you're right. writing should be enjoyable. Thanks again, Millie :)

#30 BonkersBookworm78

BonkersBookworm78

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 03:35 AM

I am feeling better than yesterday. And you're right. writing should be enjoyable. Thanks again, Millie :)

I look forward to the next chapter.

#31 Bushra_Siddiqui

Bushra_Siddiqui

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 01:58 AM

I look forward to the next chapter.

I'm sorry I couldn't post soon. You see, I had been absent from school the entire week due to high fever so I have alot of make up work I'm doing

#32 BonkersBookworm78

BonkersBookworm78

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 05:34 AM

I'm sorry I couldn't post soon. You see, I had been absent from school the entire week due to high fever so I have alot of make up work I'm doing

I hope your okay now, I don't mind waiting for an update, school work is more important and anyway you update a lot more regularly than most people on this site. I will be here to read it, whenever you update.

Millie May

#33 Meg_Rulz

Meg_Rulz

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 608 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 08:23 AM

Hey Bushra! Just read the first part of the first chapter (I'm so late). Very interesting concept!

I promise I'll catch up soon!

#34 Meg_Rulz

Meg_Rulz

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 608 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 01:16 AM

oh my god! It's truly awesome! 

All I can say: Like mother, like daughter!

Thank God for Elise and Misako, and screw you Stephanie!

:) :D

#35 Bushra_Siddiqui

Bushra_Siddiqui

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 04:12 AM

Thanks for the comments :)

I don't know why, I don't think I right well. Even though I get a lot of certificates for my writing.

#36 BonkersBookworm78

BonkersBookworm78

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 12:46 PM

Thanks for the comments :)

I don't know why, I don't think I right well. Even though I get a lot of certificates for my writing.

You do write well, your writing seems to sound a little more natural than mine. English teachers detest me, other teachers say my work is well written. You deserve those certificates.

Update? Please.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users