Photo

So...who tells their family?

• Please log in to reply
227 replies to this topic

Poll: So...who tells their family? (157 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you tell your family that you write?

1. Yes, of course (40 votes [25.48%])

Percentage of vote: 25.48%

2. Only a few close family members (58 votes [36.94%])

Percentage of vote: 36.94%

3. No way! (59 votes [37.58%])

Percentage of vote: 37.58%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#226 dbcWinter

dbcWinter

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 834 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 04:46 PM

Well, they know that I write but it has been YEARS since I shared any of my work with them. It is just too personal to show it to them, I guess, since many characters and events are based on them. And, of course, certain parts would make them go HOW DO YOU KNOW SO MUCH ABOUT THIS and honestly, I don't want to answer those questions.

And I guess then there's the aspect that they don't really read much and we are not emotionally connected. I mean, many things I write about that indeed happened we never discussed so ... it is just too intimate to share (what I'll do if I ever get published? I have no idea ... :P)

#227 BonkersBookworm78

BonkersBookworm78

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 03:15 AM

Pretty much everyone knows I write, a few people know what I write, but that's really the extent of it.

I used to show my friends my writing and they still ask to see it, yet I don't feel comfortable about sharing with them nowadays.

But my family, they're all so busy. They read my school work occasionally, but they just don't get how much I need to write.

Quite frankly they'd rather I relax, than focus on my writing. The only exception are my grandmother's, who are interested in what I write, since they're both readers. I'm not really that comfortable with my writing at the moment. 

#228 KatieCakes

KatieCakes

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 09:35 AM

My sister is the only family member who knows I write. She's never read any of my stuff, though.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users