• Please log in to reply
490 replies to this topic

#451 DianaSF

DianaSF

Meg Cabot Fan

• Moderators
  • 742 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 09:47 PM

Diana- I just got a copy of In Honor from S&S (along with Anyway by Arthur Salm and The Thing About the Truth by Lauren Barnholdt), and I can't wait to read it!! :)

Awesome! I received an ARC of Second Chance Summer from the author, but haven't had a chance to start it yet. I'm attending a book event featuring Morgan Matson, Jessi Kirby, and Jenny Han next Wednesday. I can't wait!

#452 Jesmondo

Jesmondo

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 03:37 PM

I'm reading All These Things I've Done by Gabrielle Zevin. I'm only like halfway through but it's really good so far.
Loads of blogs and stuff said if you like the Hunger Games you'll like this. I totally agree because I lovvvvveeeddd the Hunger Games (like seriously loved it, can't explain how much) and this book is just as good.
It follows the main character, Anya, in the same kind of way The Hunger Games followed Katniss (All Hail the Mockingjay!!).
So yeah, READ IT! Hehehehe :icon_flower:

#453 Beautifully Intended

Beautifully Intended

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 10,131 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 07:10 AM

^^^I just got the new paperback of that and an advance copy of the second! I still haven't read it, but my roomie did and she really loved it and was upset that I forgot (i.e. she failed to remember) to tell her it was an unfinished trilogy.

I'm reading Keep Holding On by Susane Colasanti (gave up on Wrecked for now) and Another Jekyll, Another Hyde by Daniel and Dina Nayeri. I also finished Unbreak My Heart by Melissa Walker yesterday and really enjoyed it.

#454 DianaSF

DianaSF

Meg Cabot Fan

• Moderators
  • 742 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 01:16 AM

I'm reading Keep Holding On by Susane Colasanti (gave up on Wrecked for now) and Another Jekyll, Another Hyde by Daniel and Dina Nayeri. I also finished Unbreak My Heart by Melissa Walker yesterday and really enjoyed it.

How are you liking Keep Holding On? I can't wait for the book to come out.

#455 suze.angelova

suze.angelova

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 03:21 AM

Ohh, I read In Honor by Jessi Kirbi and The Story of Us by Deb Caletti last week. They were both good, but not as great as Id expected considering how much attention they'd both gotten before they came out.

#456 Beautifully Intended

Beautifully Intended

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 10,131 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 07:06 AM

Diana- It's interesting so far, though I'm only 25 pages in.

I also started Don't Breathe A Word by Holly Cupala the other night.

#457 suze.angelova

suze.angelova

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 10:08 AM

^I cant wait to get a copy of Keep Holding On.

I read Dont Breathe a Word last week, and a few other similar ones.

#458 DianaSF

DianaSF

Meg Cabot Fan

• Moderators
  • 742 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 06:05 PM

I've been reading Jenny Han's summer trilogy. I'm in the middle of the last book, We'll Always Have Summer. I love this series! Has anyone else here read these books?

#459 CrazyClavie

CrazyClavie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Moderators
  • 10,577 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 12:58 AM

I've been reading Jenny Han's summer trilogy. I'm in the middle of the last book, We'll Always Have Summer. I love this series! Has anyone else here read these books?

I read them all
And I can't say I loved them all that much, but apparently I'm a glutton for punishment because had to finish the series: LOL
I felt like the author did make a point of showing rather than telling, which drove me nuts in the first book and a bit in the second - though I admit that's the one I found easiest to read because it had more of an actual plot - but then, by the end of the third book? I felt CHEATED out of a proper finale.

Also, there were some stuff some characters did that I felt was never satisfactory explained.

And I felt like Belly would have benefited from a Sassy Gay Friend jumping in and telling her: What-What-What Are you doing? Look at Your LIfe. Look at your choices.

But that's just me, almost everyone else I know loves the books.

#460 DianaSF

DianaSF

Meg Cabot Fan

• Moderators
  • 742 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 09:07 AM

I read them all
And I can't say I loved them all that much, but apparently I'm a glutton for punishment because had to finish the series: LOL
I felt like the author did make a point of showing rather than telling, which drove me nuts in the first book and a bit in the second - though I admit that's the one I found easiest to read because it had more of an actual plot - but then, by the end of the third book? I felt CHEATED out of a proper finale.

Also, there were some stuff some characters did that I felt was never satisfactory explained.

And I felt like Belly would have benefited from a Sassy Gay Friend jumping in and telling her: What-What-What Are you doing? Look at Your LIfe. Look at your choices.

But that's just me, almost everyone else I know loves the books.

I'm not done with the third book yet, but I know what happens. Did you want the author to write more about how Belly and her guy ended up together? In the paperback edition, which came out last month, there are the letters that you-know-who wrote to Belly while she was in Spain.

#461 DianaSF

DianaSF

Meg Cabot Fan

• Moderators
  • 742 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 11:28 PM

Finished We'll Always Have Summer and loved it! I really enjoyed all three books in the series. I think my next book will be In Honor by Jessi Kirby.

#462 Jcrazy

Jcrazy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 06:07 PM

I read the book Belles by Jen Calinito not to long ago, and it was really great. One of the more entertaining books I've read recently. :)

#463 suze.angelova

suze.angelova

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 10:28 AM

I only JUST realized that Underworld has come out!!!!

Thank good for online ebook purchasing! :D

I cant wait to read it- it feels like ages since I read Abandon.

#464 starberry

starberry

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,205 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 06:11 PM

I read the book Belles by Jen Calinito not to long ago, and it was really great. One of the more entertaining books I've read recently. :)

I just got done reading Belles and I enjoyed it immensely. There were parts I felt that were a bit predictable, but it's really worth a shot if you like fluffy books.

M :)

#465 CrazyClavie

CrazyClavie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Moderators
  • 10,577 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 11:13 PM

I'm not done with the third book yet, but I know what happens. Did you want the author to write more about how Belly and her guy ended up together? In the paperback edition, which came out last month, there are the letters that you-know-who wrote to Belly while she was in Spain.

Yeah, that was my main issue. I felt like everything happened off the page and was summarized in 3 pages.

I didn't know about the letters!
I read the egalley of it and never bothered getting the actual book. I might have to know.

'cause against my better judgement, the books are kind of like my "Love-to-hate"/Guilty pleasure reads.

#466 CrazyClavie

CrazyClavie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Moderators
  • 10,577 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 11:17 PM

Also, I'm reading Out of Sight, Out of time and I'm HATING Bex.
I mean, I've never been her biggest fan 'cause I find her pushy and cocky, but in this installment I really, really hate her.

#467 DianaSF

DianaSF

Meg Cabot Fan

• Moderators
  • 742 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 08:59 AM

Yeah, that was my main issue. I felt like everything happened off the page and was summarized in 3 pages.

I didn't know about the letters!
I read the egalley of it and never bothered getting the actual book. I might have to know.

'cause against my better judgement, the books are kind of like my "Love-to-hate"/Guilty pleasure reads.

Yeah, I wish we could have read more about the two years after the non-wedding. Conrad is so angsty, which I love, and it would have been great to read more about his pining for Belly.

The letters from Conrad are great! I wish there had been more. You should definitely check them out.

#468 CrazyClavie

CrazyClavie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Moderators
  • 10,577 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 12:58 AM

Yeah, I wish we could have read more about the two years after the non-wedding. Conrad is so angsty, which I love, and it would have been great to read more about his pining for Belly.

The letters from Conrad are great! I wish there had been more. You should definitely check them out.

I'll check them out, 'cause I'm intrigued.

You know what part I never got?
In book 2 when Conrad is with his ex at the funeral? I thought that was a very WTF, mate? moment.
Like, why the ex? if he was pushing everyone away why the ex was OK?

#469 Jesmondo

Jesmondo

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 01:59 PM

Also, I'm reading Out of Sight, Out of time and I'm HATING Bex.
I mean, I've never been her biggest fan 'cause I find her pushy and cocky, but in this installment I really, really hate her.

I felt like that at the very beginning of the book, she was practically stealing Zach! :icon_mecry2: But later on it got better, so hold on! :a_smil08:

#470 CrazyClavie

CrazyClavie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Moderators
  • 10,577 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 10:43 PM

I felt like that at the very beginning of the book, she was practically stealing Zach! :icon_mecry2: But later on it got better, so hold on! :a_smil08:

I finished the book and it was ok. I did think she was trying to steal Zach at first, too.
I thought it wasn't as much fun as I had hoped, but I see that it was a book that needed to happen.

#471 DianaSF

DianaSF

Meg Cabot Fan

• Moderators
  • 742 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 11:04 PM

I'll check them out, 'cause I'm intrigued.

You know what part I never got?
In book 2 when Conrad is with his ex at the funeral? I thought that was a very WTF, mate? moment.
Like, why the ex? if he was pushing everyone away why the ex was OK?

I loved Conrad and his angstiness from the beginning. Even though there were many times when I wanted to slap him for being so clueless when it came to Belly and her feelings, I still wanted them to be together in the end. I think he always loved Belly, and oftentimes you hurt the ones you love the most with your words and behavior. He was so messed up for most of the series. While that made for great reading material and I found him quite swoonworthy, I don't know if I'd actually enjoy being with someone like that in real life.

#472 DianaSF

DianaSF

Meg Cabot Fan

• Moderators
  • 742 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 08:31 PM

Has anyone here read Two-way Street and/or One Night That Changes Everything by Lauren Barnholdt? Both books sound interesting, and I'm thinking of getting them. I've never read anything by this author.

#473 CrazyClavie

CrazyClavie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Moderators
  • 10,577 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 12:00 AM

Has anyone here read Two-way Street and/or One Night That Changes Everything by Lauren Barnholdt? Both books sound interesting, and I'm thinking of getting them. I've never read anything by this author.

I read Two-Way Street but I wasn't the biggest fan - mostly 'cause she used the world Hookup a few times every other page - but I seem to be alone in that opinion, most people I know that have read it think it's very good.

#474 DianaSF

DianaSF

Meg Cabot Fan

• Moderators
  • 742 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 10:40 PM

Finished In Honor by Jessi Kirby over the weekend. Really liked it. I think my next YA book will be Second Chance Summer by Morgan Matson.

#475 Beautifully Intended

Beautifully Intended

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 10,131 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 07:02 AM

I finished The Scorpio Races and while I liked it, it wasn't OMGAMAZING like it seems to be for other people.

I'm currently reading My Fake Boyfriend is Better Than Yours by Kristina Springer and Timepiece by Myra McEntire.

#476 CrazyClavie

CrazyClavie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Moderators
  • 10,577 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 10:16 PM

I'm trying to make a dent on my TBR pile so I'm currently reading Sean Griswold's head and reading Sanctuary (of the 1 800 series) for the whole Meg-A-Readaton :D

I have a few egalleys I need to read soon but I don't know what to pick up. So I just my dip into my dead-three editions :)

#477 suze.angelova

suze.angelova

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 09:47 AM

@Beautifully Intended- Timepiece is really good:) It's just frustrating waiting for the sequel

@Clavie- I loved Sean Griswold's Head! I read it a few weeks ago.

#478 CrazyClavie

CrazyClavie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Moderators
  • 10,577 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 08:18 PM

^^
I liked it a lot too!!

#479 suze.angelova

suze.angelova

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 09:33 AM

Just read Abbi Glines, The Vincent Brothers. Considering how long I had waited for it to come out, I was a bit disappointed with the story- nothing really happened for it to stand out or anything.

Im hoping for better things from her next novel, While It Lasts (I really cant wait for it to come out! :D).

#480 Beautifully Intended

Beautifully Intended

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 10,131 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 07:20 PM

I finished Timepiece and you're right, it's gonna suck waiting for the sequel. I'm currently reading Ten by Gretchen McNeil (VERY creepy) and Sirenz Back in Fashion by Charlotte Bennardo and Natalie Zaman.

I just got back from Book Expo America and I got 48 books. It was horrible having to roll my suitcase around, lol. I was really excited to get Carnival of Souls by Melissa Marr and The Diviners by Libba Bray (well, and ok, everything else too, lol).

#481 CrazyClavie

CrazyClavie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Moderators
  • 10,577 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 07:42 PM

I finished Timepiece and you're right, it's gonna suck waiting for the sequel. I'm currently reading Ten by Gretchen McNeil (VERY creepy) and Sirenz Back in Fashion by Charlotte Bennardo and Natalie Zaman.

I just got back from Book Expo America and I got 48 books. It was horrible having to roll my suitcase around, lol. I was really excited to get Carnival of Souls by Melissa Marr and The Diviners by Libba Bray (well, and ok, everything else too, lol).

That's quite the BEA haul!! :)

#482 Beautifully Intended

Beautifully Intended

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 10,131 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 09:17 AM

Yeah, but I'm at the lower end of the spectrum. Some people got double my number or even over 100. But I'm happy with all my stuff. Also, technically more stuff is on its way because I gave people my business card to send me a certain book if they didn't have it. I should be getting 3 books that way and then another 7 from Scholastic's blogger event. Each author (there was 8 of them) gave a presentation about their upcoming book and we had a checklist that we turned in afterward of what books we wanted.

Currently, I'm reading Pilgrims Don't Wear Pink by Stephanie Kate Strohm (so cute and funny!) and Size 12 and Ready to Rock by Meg Cabot. Afterward, I'll be reading See You At Harry's by Jo Knowles.

#483 CrazyClavie

CrazyClavie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Moderators
  • 10,577 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 08:21 PM

Yeah, but I'm at the lower end of the spectrum. Some people got double my number or even over 100. But I'm happy with all my stuff. Also, technically more stuff is on its way because I gave people my business card to send me a certain book if they didn't have it. I should be getting 3 books that way and then another 7 from Scholastic's blogger event. Each author (there was 8 of them) gave a presentation about their upcoming book and we had a checklist that we turned in afterward of what books we wanted.

Currently, I'm reading Pilgrims Don't Wear Pink by Stephanie Kate Strohm (so cute and funny!) and Size 12 and Ready to Rock by Meg Cabot. Afterward, I'll be reading See You At Harry's by Jo Knowles.

I'm glad you're liking Pilgrims! I read it last year and I LOVED IT!!
And I'm really looking forward to picking up Size 12, I just need to find time to SQUEEZE it in as I got a bunch of egalleys about to go Caput!

#484 Beautifully Intended

Beautifully Intended

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 10,131 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 07:28 AM

^^Yeah, I totally understand but luckily I'm doing better these days. I'm finishing up See You At Harry's today, then need to read Something Like Normal by Trish Doller, Transcendence by C.J. Omololu, and Tempest Unleashed by Tracey Deebs expiring in 12 days so I'll be doing those.

#485 Suze.Luva!

Suze.Luva!

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 08:20 PM

I've been addicted with The Mortal Instruments and The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare lately and I can't wait for her newest series the Dark Artifices (sp?). Some people say that three spin-off series is WAY too much, but I soo do not care because I love the way she writes about the shadowhunter world!

#486 Pretty.Odd.

Pretty.Odd.

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,567 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 08:02 AM

^My older sister really likes her books too. I tried the first Mortal Instruments one, got about 100 pages in, didn't care for it at all, and stopped. She gets rally into them, though.

I just finished "The Fault In Our Stars" by John Green, which is about cancer patients who fall in love. It hooks you within the first few pages (or at least it did for me), keeps up a steady plot for a while--and then you just want it to end. From the very beginning you knew the inevitable ending, so it wasn't all that sad for me. My older sister loved the protagonist's love interest, Augustus, but I didn't really care for him.

A few of my problems with the book were:

-How they all. Talked. Exactly. The same. Except Isaac, who was my favorite character in the book. But they had this higher way of speaking that didn't make too much sense to me. If it were just Augustus speaking like that I could maybe stomach it (but I did have to try extremely hard not to read his dialogue in a British accent...). But it was too much and...not good.

-SAPPY. OH, MY GOSH, THE SAPINESS. I can take a little sappy--but, ugh, it was over-the-top most of the time. I get that she's dying and he's dying and they're all dying because they all have cancer and we're all gonna die we're all side effects of death it's the most terrible thing and she's so in love with Augustus and he's so hot and we're all gonna die--but it has to stop sometimes. And it never did.

-It dragged so much at points. For a while I thought it would never drag and be phenomenal all the way through...but it wasn't.

Whatever, though. It was a wonderful book, and I would definitely read it if I were you.

xoxoArtemis

#487 Suze.Luva!

Suze.Luva!

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 10:15 PM

Ok so I finally finished city of lost souls and I now start Wither let by Laura DeStefano. Technically I'm about 3/4s of he way through it and I wanna know what y'all think 'bout Fever.
~Linny :spinstar: ~

#488 megster

megster

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 09:54 AM

Hi, all,

I can't remember the title or author of a book I adored and believe will have a sequel coming out soon. It's about a young doctor who got trapped in a painting by a curse. A young, deaf girl whose father works at the Met, introduces her to an elderly patron who procures the painting. The young, deaf girl can speak inside of the painting but can't when she's outside of it. I don't want to give away more of the plot, but I wanted to keep tabs on the author since I enjoyed the book so much.

Thanks!

#489 Beautifully Intended

Beautifully Intended

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 10,131 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 10:05 AM

^^^I think I may know what you're talking about- Darker Still by Leanna Renee Hieber. The next book in that series will be out this November and she's re-releasing her adult series too, if you're into that.

#490 CrazyClavie

CrazyClavie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Moderators
  • 10,577 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 02:14 AM

I'm reading Real Life Boyfriends, I'm only about a hundred pages in but I feel like ... I enjoyed book three a lot more than I'm enjoying this one. Ruby is driving me a bit nuts with her needy-ness and need for drama

#491 suze.angelova

suze.angelova

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 11:59 AM

I can't wait for Abbi Glines' new novel in her series,
Just for Now (Sea Breeze #4)!!!

:heartbeat: Suze

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users