• Please log in to reply
508 replies to this topic

#1 Pretty.Odd.

Pretty.Odd.

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,567 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:19 PM

Woo. Yes, it's time. The plan is to stay up all night and talk and write or whatever. :D Here's the thread where all of that will take place.

So I don't know what's going on with time zones. I'm in Central Time (it's 9:20 here)--what about you guys?

All right. Now go ahead and talk. (Wow, this is awkward. I was probably not the best person to start this thread, haha. xD)

xoxoArtemis

#2 Jcrazy

Jcrazy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:51 PM

You naming it this just made my life. :D

I'm in eastern time! It's 10:51.

So like.... Hi y'all ^_^

#3 Pretty.Odd.

Pretty.Odd.

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,567 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:54 PM

Posted Image

That's right, folks. Notebook (so I can copy chapter drafts and edit), the last Hostess products I will EVER eat (sadness), and music. Looks like Artemis means business tonight, baby.

(Sorry for the awful picture quality--and did my hand decide to move all of a sudden? Why is it blurry? Ugh. Computer camera sucks.)

Word count so far: 0

xoxoArtemis

#4 Pretty.Odd.

Pretty.Odd.

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,567 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:57 PM

You naming it this just made my life. :D

I'm in eastern time! It's 10:51.

So like.... Hi y'all ^_^

I was like, "Oh, crap, I need a name for the thread." Then I was like, "I know EXACTLY what to call it!" Haha. xD

This is so AWKWARD. Jeeeez. How hard is it to start a conversation? Very, very hard. LOL.

Okay, I need to write at least a sentence of my novel ASAP. I'm feeling guilty that I haven't written anything yet...

xoxoArtemis

#5 Jcrazy

Jcrazy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:05 PM

Posted Image

Rocking the Power Rangers shirt with my headphones on and an unopened Mountain Dew. God I'm so cool.

(sarcasm)

You shouldn't feel guilty at all.... I haven't read or written anything really in months. That's why I sort of decided to do tonight—to try and get back into the groove of things.

Word count on book that doesn't exist: 0

#6 Pretty.Odd.

Pretty.Odd.

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,567 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:09 PM

Posted Image

Rocking the Power Rangers shirt with my headphones on and an unopened Mountain Dew. God I'm so cool.

(sarcasm)

You shouldn't feel guilty at all.... I haven't read or written anything really in months. That's why I sort of decided to do tonight—to try and get back into the groove of things.

Word count on book that doesn't exist: 0

Hahaha! That just made me laugh too hard. LOL.

And good luck getting back into the groove of things! You need to write something. Seriously. I needs me some stories on here. SO WRITE. ;)

Word count: 202

I have officially made progress! 202 is better than what I was at before. :D

xoxoArtemis

#7 Jcrazy

Jcrazy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:15 PM

Hahaha! That just made me laugh too hard. LOL.

And good luck getting back into the groove of things! You need to write something. Seriously. I needs me some stories on here. SO WRITE. ;)

Word count: 202

I have officially made progress! 202 is better than what I was at before. :D

xoxoArtemis

Yeah, and I really want to write something too! It's just the whole WHAT and HOW... Haha. I have a few ideas, but it's so impossible to decide and stick to something for me :(

#8 Pretty.Odd.

Pretty.Odd.

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,567 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:20 PM

Yeah, and I really want to write something too! It's just the whole WHAT and HOW... Haha. I have a few ideas, but it's so impossible to decide and stick to something for me :(

That's the worst, isn't it? You have ideas, but you don't know how to write them or if it'll even work. Didn't you post something about a time travel story on the "Story Ideas/Blurbs" thread a while back? I know I can't make you magically be able to write something, but I would just love to see how that would turn out. It seemed like a really cool concept.

I keep doing "side-projects," but I never continue any of them for long. Their purpose is usually just to make me realize how much I like my main project and how much I need to focus on that instead. Haha. xD

Word count: 355

xoxoArtemis

#9 Pretty.Odd.

Pretty.Odd.

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,567 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:23 PM

Screw you, iTunes. I can't buy music all of a sudden? What if I demand more Passion Pit? REALLY?

Back to YouTube it is...

xoxoArtemis

#10 Jcrazy

Jcrazy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:24 PM

That's the worst, isn't it? You have ideas, but you don't know how to write them or if it'll even work. Didn't you post something about a time travel story on the "Story Ideas/Blurbs" thread a while back? I know I can't make you magically be able to write something, but I would just love to see how that would turn out. It seemed like a really cool concept.

I keep doing "side-projects," but I never continue any of them for long. Their purpose is usually just to make me realize how much I like my main project and how much I need to focus on that instead. Haha. xD

Word count: 355

xoxoArtemis

YES. My blurb haha. That's still my main idea right now. I think I may just start writing and see what happens. That's how it usually ends up working for me :)

I did that during Chasing Delilah a LOT. I would write a lot of little beginnings and then be like "My story is WAY better than this crap." :P

#11 Pretty.Odd.

Pretty.Odd.

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,567 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:29 PM

YES. My blurb haha. That's still my main idea right now. I think I may just start writing and see what happens. That's how it usually ends up working for me :)

I did that during Chasing Delilah a LOT. I would write a lot of little beginnings and then be like "My story is WAY better than this crap." :P

WRITE IT. :D I want to read it, lol. For Artemis's sake, write. ;)

I like to do that side-project business every few months. I get an idea in my head, and I'm all, "This. This is what I want to write. The plot is just brilliant." And then a few weeks later, I'm like, "Uhh, why am I wasting my time on this?" Then I feel guilty that I took time away from my baby. Think of how much closer to being done with AiD I would be if I hadn't started all those random side-projects.

I think this calls for a list.

RANDOM SIDE-PROJECT (or at least those that I can remember):

-Tales of Another Broken Home
-To the Morgue DRAFT ONE
-I Will Follow You Into the Dark
-Fear of Falling
-To the Morgue DRAFT TWO
-Countless little prologues to things I never wrote more of

Wow. I need to focus more....

Word count: 400

xoxoArtemis

#12 Jcrazy

Jcrazy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:43 PM

WRITE IT. :D I want to read it, lol. For Artemis's sake, write. ;)

I like to do that side-project business every few months. I get an idea in my head, and I'm all, "This. This is what I want to write. The plot is just brilliant." And then a few weeks later, I'm like, "Uhh, why am I wasting my time on this?" Then I feel guilty that I took time away from my baby. Think of how much closer to being done with AiD I would be if I hadn't started all those random side-projects.

I think this calls for a list.

RANDOM SIDE-PROJECT (or at least those that I can remember):

-Tales of Another Broken Home
-To the Morgue DRAFT ONE
-I Will Follow You Into the Dark
-Fear of Falling
-To the Morgue DRAFT TWO
-Countless little prologues to things I never wrote more of

Wow. I need to focus more....

Word count: 400

xoxoArtemis

Haha! My side projects never manage to ever get named :P OKAY. I JUST STARTED WRITING. Her name is now Emery and she's in English class right now :D WONDERFUL

WORD COUNT: 186. Haha.

#13 24moon100

24moon100

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 5,131 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:47 PM

Well, hello friends, I do not really know how to join in so I'm just going to interrupt with my own little picture.

Posted Image

Yes, I am proud of my tinker bell PJs. No, I'm not proud of providing my dog her 2nd treat of the day. Poor thing. She's so fat all because of...my father. That's right. He is to blame for stocking us up on doggie treats. Not I. I am innocet. :blush:

Sorry for the late entrance guys! :P

So what are we talking about? (Yes, I am aware I'm pretending like I can't just scroll up and read.)

:)

I'll be working on writing as well. I'll be writing some of my fan fiction. Maybe I'll juggle around ideas for something to post on here. Who knows. I'm a mess right now. :P

Word Count: 3,026

#14 Pretty.Odd.

Pretty.Odd.

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,567 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:48 PM

Haha! My side projects never manage to ever get named :P OKAY. I JUST STARTED WRITING. Her name is now Emery and she's in English class right now :D WONDERFUL

WORD COUNT: 186. Haha.

My names always suck. Most of them (okay, all of them) come from songs. Who cares, though? It's not like we're talking about getting published here.

OHMYGOSH. The one title that didn't come from a song title/lyrics...is Alyce in Dystopia. And that's the only one I haven't abandoned. Creeeepy... ;)

I do love the name Emery, by the way. Has a nice ring to it. :D And YAAAAY, you're writing. :D

[b]Word count[/i]: 592

So far, so good. I've only been on Pinterest once, and I didn't even pin anything. The writing is flowing very well, so at least I'm not having that issue again.

xoxoArtemis

#15 Pretty.Odd.

Pretty.Odd.

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,567 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:52 PM

Well, hello friends, I do not really know how to join in so I'm just going to interrupt with my own little picture.

Posted Image

Yes, I am proud of my tinker bell PJs. No, I'm not proud of providing my dog her 2nd treat of the day. Poor thing. She's so fat all because of...my father. That's right. He is to blame for stocking us up on doggie treats. Not I. I am innocet. :blush:

Sorry for the late entrance guys! :P

So what are we talking about? (Yes, I am aware I'm pretending like I can't just scroll up and read.)

:)

I'll be working on writing as well. I'll be writing some of my fan fiction. Maybe I'll juggle around ideas for something to post on here. Who knows. I'm a mess right now. :P

Word Count: 3,026

:mgwave: Hello, there. :D

Love the pajamas, haha. xD And I personally find nothing cuter than fat dogs. Unless they're sickly fat. But chubby dogs--that's cute. :lol:

Right now we're talking about...writing! Ah, what else. It's nice that you guys also write. Not much more fun that writing/talking about it.

Oh, I'm not nerdy at all...

Ack! 3,026?! YOU'RE KILLING ME. Now I have incentive to catch up, lol. :D

I have to say, Florence + the Machine is excellent writing music. I've owned "Lungs" for ages, but never listened to much of it until recently. WOW, was I missing out...

Word count: still 592, lol

xoxoArtemis

Edited by Pretty.Odd., 23 November 2012 - 11:53 PM.

#16 Jcrazy

Jcrazy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:55 PM

Meg, I love your pants :P and oh my god your dog is not fat, my dogs get multiple treats every day because they won't leave the back door when someone walks inside unless you give them one haha.

And yah Artemis, songs are easy to get ideas from, especially for titles. The title for Chasing Delilah came easily to me, but I have a feeling this time traveling deal is going to be a hard one to figure out.
I love the name emery too! I've been wanting to use it. That and the name Raynee/Rainy :P

#17 Pretty.Odd.

Pretty.Odd.

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,567 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:56 PM

Ahhh! Every time I write something about "workers" in Alyce in Dystopia, I think "walkers," like the Walking Dead. I hope I don't accidentally write that one of these days. That would...not be good. Yup, zombie Corporation workers. It's like ALYCE IN DYSTOPIA 2.0! Haha. xD

Word count: 625

xoxoARtemis

#18 Pretty.Odd.

Pretty.Odd.

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,567 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 12:00 AM

Meg, I love your pants :P and oh my god your dog is not fat, my dogs get multiple treats every day because they won't leave the back door when someone walks inside unless you give them one haha.

And yah Artemis, songs are easy to get ideas from, especially for titles. The title for Chasing Delilah came easily to me, but I have a feeling this time traveling deal is going to be a hard one to figure out.
I love the name emery too! I've been wanting to use it. That and the name Raynee/Rainy :P

Ahaha, I don't think I could write without music. I have this thing where I obsess over a certain song and purposely stick certain words/phrases from the song into my writing. Of course, that doesn't always happen on purpose, but often it does. I find that there are lots of great words in Death Cab's music. In fact, I think I may have learned some new words from their lyrics. LOL.

Love the name Raynee/Rainy, too. You find the best names, man. :D

Word count: Still 625

xoxoArtemis

#19 Pretty.Odd.

Pretty.Odd.

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,567 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 12:03 AM

My mom just walked by my room and said, "Go to bed, India."

And I was like, "Mom, I'm staying up writing."

And she was like, "Oh, sorry."

I think she thinks I'm crazy for doing this. xD That's okay. At least I'm not the only "crazy" one, since both of you guys are also with me on this one. :D

Word count: 650

xoxoArtemis

#20 24moon100

24moon100

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 5,131 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 12:04 AM

:mgwave: Hello, there. :D

Love the pajamas, haha. xD And I personally find nothing cuter than fat dogs. Unless they're sickly fat. But chubby dogs--that's cute. :lol:

Right now we're talking about...writing! Ah, what else. It's nice that you guys also write. Not much more fun that writing/talking about it.

Oh, I'm not nerdy at all...

Ack! 3,026?! YOU'RE KILLING ME. Now I have incentive to catch up, lol. :D

I have to say, Florence + the Machine is excellent writing music. I've owned "Lungs" for ages, but never listened to much of it until recently. WOW, was I missing out...

Word count: still 592, lol

xoxoArtemis

Writing! My favorite subject! :D I have a love/hate relationship with writing. I love it when I have something to write, hate it when I don't. Right now I have my fan fiction, yeah, but I want something for here. I need original ideas. Grr.

And yeah...I've kind of been at it all day. Off and on. A block is starting to hit though. *Sigh*

And I love Florence! Right now I've been back and forth between this band I've recently discovered called The Cab and Taylor Swift's new album.

Have this song on repeat too because I'm just so awesome:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBMYow46LxQ

Don't judge...

#21 24moon100

24moon100

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 5,131 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 12:10 AM

Haha. Thanks. I got them as a secret santa gift I think. They're from Walmart. :P

And I absolutely love the name Rainy. :)

Oh my gosh you just have to write another story Jamie! I need it. These boards need it. It's like ghost town here without stories. :icon_mecry2:

#22 Jcrazy

Jcrazy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 12:12 AM

I do like picking out names but I try not to focus too much on them, because they don't matter as much as everything else that goes into a story :)

Ah MUSIC. Right now I'm listening to my Songza app which is kind of like Pandora. I'm listening to a country song called "things you can't do in a car." haha. :P

Welp it's officially after midnight here for me hehe :)

Writing is probably the most stressful hobby haha. All night writing sessions and the constant need for an endless supply of mountain dew.

#23 Pretty.Odd.

Pretty.Odd.

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,567 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 12:14 AM

Writing! My favorite subject! :D I have a love/hate relationship with writing. I love it when I have something to write, hate it when I don't. Right now I have my fan fiction, yeah, but I want something for here. I need original ideas. Grr.

And yeah...I've kind of been at it all day. Off and on. A block is starting to hit though. *Sigh*

And I love Florence! Right now I've been back and forth between this band I've recently discovered called The Cab and Taylor Swift's new album.

Have this song on repeat too because I'm just so awesome:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBMYow46LxQ

Don't judge...

I pretty much never don't want to write. In my head, I think about very few things a majority of the time, one of those special few things being writing. The only time I don't want to write is when I get into one of my "depressive" states (which, as I've been told, can't be classified as depression because it doesn't last long enough; it's simply...I don't even know what they want me to call it). It scares me when I can't write, because writing is what I do all. The. Time.

I HATE IT when you hit a block. Ack. Worst part of writing...

Right now I'm listening to lots of Passion Pit because they make me really happy and, as stated before, Florence. All day I listened to the Black Keys nonstop, so I'm kinda Black Keys-ed out. Haha.

And I LIKED the song you linked to. It had a major sit-back-and-chill vibe to it. Maybe a drive-down-an-abandoned-country-road-when-you're-sad vibe, too. Yup. I classify songs that way.

Here's the song I just can't get past (kind of weird, but...aughhhh I love Passion Pit so much):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNg8oT-k28E

Just one of many great songs by them. Quirky and wonderful.

Word count: 641

xoxoArtemis

#24 Pretty.Odd.

Pretty.Odd.

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,567 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 12:17 AM

I do like picking out names but I try not to focus too much on them, because they don't matter as much as everything else that goes into a story :)

Ah MUSIC. Right now I'm listening to my Songza app which is kind of like Pandora. I'm listening to a country song called "things you can't do in a car." haha. :P

Writing is probably the most stressful hobby haha. All night writing sessions and the constant need for an endless supply of mountain dew.

I just pick a song title for a name and I'm all, "BAM, there we go. Done. Now I can post it without being all, 'Here's My Story Without A Name; Look How Lame I Am.'"

I forget about the different time zones. Still only a little past 11 here in Wisconsin...

xoxoArtemis

#25 Jcrazy

Jcrazy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 12:18 AM

Y'all I think we have similar feelings

Posted Image

#26 Pretty.Odd.

Pretty.Odd.

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,567 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 12:20 AM

^HAHAHAHA! We all pinned it! That is just...ahhh. xD

#27 Jcrazy

Jcrazy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 12:22 AM

I just pick a song title for a name and I'm all, "BAM, there we go. Done. Now I can post it without being all, 'Here's My Story Without A Name; Look How Lame I Am.'"

I forget about the different time zones. Still only a little past 11 here in Wisconsin...

xoxoArtemis

That's exactly how I see it too LOL.

12:21! Blah my parents never really care when I sleep or don't haha. So no worries here.

#28 Pretty.Odd.

Pretty.Odd.

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,567 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 12:24 AM

I need so much sleep. I'm like a baby, LOL. I'm going to be lucky if I make it to the sunrise. Last time I made it, so you never know...

#29 24moon100

24moon100

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 5,131 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 12:24 AM

I like simple names. But not terribly simple names. Like bob or john. Too over used. Names like Star or Violet or Gwen that are not seen really often but not weird either. Lol.

For guys, the longest list of names stem from the letter D for some reason. :P

You are an hour later over there, Jamie. It's 11:20 now here. I'm Central time.

Writing is really stressful. Lol. It requires a lot of engery/sleep deprivation and time and thought and obsessing. Lol. I also get really critical of my own writing. I don't let myself get very far as you can see.

#30 24moon100

24moon100

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 5,131 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 12:26 AM

Y'all I think we have similar feelings

Posted Image

Haha! What a funny coincidence. :lol:

#31 Pretty.Odd.

Pretty.Odd.

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,567 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 12:29 AM

I like simple names. But not terribly simple names. Like bob or john. Too over used. Names like Star or Violet or Gwen that are not seen really often but not weird either. Lol.

For guys, the longest list of names stem from the letter D for some reason. :P

You are an hour later over there, Jamie. It's 11:20 now here. I'm Central time.

Writing is really stressful. Lol. It requires a lot of engery/sleep deprivation and time and thought and obsessing. Lol. I also get really critical of my own writing. I don't let myself get very far as you can see.

I think I like the letter A, lol. Ariadne, Armando, Alyce...

Oops.

I hate it when authors make sure that all their characters names start with different letters. You know what I think? Pick a name that works, for God's sake.

I think I've gotten less critical of my writing recently. Maybe it's because I want to be done with this novel so badly and I just don't care anymore. You know, that's probably it...

Word count: 694

THESE LAST 100 WORDS HAVE BEEN ABSOLUTE HELL AND I DON'T KNOW WHY. They just have...

xoxoArtemis

#32 24moon100

24moon100

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 5,131 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 12:32 AM

I pretty much never don't want to write. In my head, I think about very few things a majority of the time, one of those special few things being writing. The only time I don't want to write is when I get into one of my "depressive" states (which, as I've been told, can't be classified as depression because it doesn't last long enough; it's simply...I don't even know what they want me to call it). It scares me when I can't write, because writing is what I do all. The. Time.

I HATE IT when you hit a block. Ack. Worst part of writing...

Right now I'm listening to lots of Passion Pit because they make me really happy and, as stated before, Florence. All day I listened to the Black Keys nonstop, so I'm kinda Black Keys-ed out. Haha.

And I LIKED the song you linked to. It had a major sit-back-and-chill vibe to it. Maybe a drive-down-an-abandoned-country-road-when-you're-sad vibe, too. Yup. I classify songs that way.

Here's the song I just can't get past (kind of weird, but...aughhhh I love Passion Pit so much):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNg8oT-k28E

Just one of many great songs by them. Quirky and wonderful.

Word count: 641

xoxoArtemis

Haha. I just love the song even more because I got it from supernatural. ;)

And I like the song you linked to too. It was an interesting sound to it. I may sound weird for saying this, but it sounds kind of like a song that would be playing in the background of some boutique or something like that. :P

#33 Pretty.Odd.

Pretty.Odd.

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,567 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 12:35 AM

Haha. I just love the song even more because I got it from supernatural. ;)

And I like the song you linked to too. It was an interesting sound to it. I may sound weird for saying this, but it sounds kind of like a song that would be playing in the background of some boutique or something like that. :P

All good things come from Supernatural, I tell you. xD

I can definitely see what you're saying, haha. They're a very quirky band. Their lyrics are really deep and, um, depressing (the lead singer, Michael, writes about his bipolar disorder, so the songs typically aren't so happy, despite the sound). It's funny how different their sound and lyrics are. My sisters and I call it "Pumped Up Kicks Syndrome" when that happens. That song sounds so happy yet is so...not happy. LOL.

#34 24moon100

24moon100

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 5,131 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 12:37 AM

I think I like the letter A, lol. Ariadne, Armando, Alyce...

Oops.

I hate it when authors make sure that all their characters names start with different letters. You know what I think? Pick a name that works, for God's sake.

I think I've gotten less critical of my writing recently. Maybe it's because I want to be done with this novel so badly and I just don't care anymore. You know, that's probably it...

Word count: 694

THESE LAST 100 WORDS HAVE BEEN ABSOLUTE HELL AND I DON'T KNOW WHY. They just have...

xoxoArtemis

Haha. This reminds me of Superman/Smallville. Louis Lane. Lana Lang. Lex Luthor. Lionel Luthor.

Creator obviously had an affection for the letter L there. But hey, I'm not complaining. It works, right? Haha.

#35 Pretty.Odd.

Pretty.Odd.

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,567 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 12:39 AM

Haha. This reminds me of Superman/Smallville. Louis Lane. Lana Lang. Lex Luthor. Lionel Luthor.

Creator obviously had an affection for the letter L there. But hey, I'm not complaining. It works, right? Haha.

LOL. It's kind of artistic that way, actually. :D

#36 Jcrazy

Jcrazy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 12:43 AM

I wrote like 3 paragraphs and missed so much haha.

Ooooh I know what y'all mean about the name letter thingy. I mean, I don't want everyone the same letter, but let's be real. I grew up in a house with five peoples names starting with J, so i know it happens haha.

So like I'm having a hard time deciding if this story is going to be sarcastic like most of my things or if I should try my hand at something serious. This may sounds odd, but I find it so much easier to write sarcastically when it's from a male perspective.

#37 24moon100

24moon100

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 5,131 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 12:44 AM

All good things come from Supernatural, I tell you. xD

I can definitely see what you're saying, haha. They're a very quirky band. Their lyrics are really deep and, um, depressing (the lead singer, Michael, writes about his bipolar disorder, so the songs typically aren't so happy, despite the sound). It's funny how different their sound and lyrics are. My sisters and I call it "Pumped Up Kicks Syndrome" when that happens. That song sounds so happy yet is so...not happy. LOL.

I think that's pretty clever. Delude people into thinking it's happy and get away with not so happy lyrics. Haha. Pumped Up Kicks, actually, I did not find that song happy. I found that song a little creepy... But maybe that's because I watched this video (warning, some profanity included):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Oil-pgYJx4

#38 Pretty.Odd.

Pretty.Odd.

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,567 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 12:48 AM

Ooooh I know what y'all mean about the name letter thingy. I mean, I don't want everyone the same letter, but let's be real. I grew up in a house with five peoples names starting with J, so i know it happens haha.

So like I'm having a hard time deciding if this story is going to be sarcastic like most of my things or if I should try my hand at something serious. This may sounds odd, but I find it so much easier to write sarcastically when it's from a male perspective.

We're practically spamming the boards with our chatting and such. Whatever, though. This is fun. :D

Five people's names that start with J? Woooo. That's a lot.

WHOA. I just realized I have cousins whose names all start with J, too. That's ironic.

Here's what I have to say on the sarcastic/serious deal: Not all your characters should have the same voice. I know that sounds hypocritical coming from a person whose characters are pretty much the same, but it's the truth. So your male protagonists can't all be the same. I love your sarcastic writing, so, yeah, I'd rather read that because it makes me laugh, but you could also go the route of trying a whole new perspective-y thing. :D

Get what I mean?

Word count: 886

I still have, like, 1,500 words to go before it can even be considered a chapter for me. This is so SLOW. I'm blaming it on this thread. ;)

#39 24moon100

24moon100

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 5,131 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 12:49 AM

Do what you feel is right, Jamie. :)

I think you should keep the sarcasm though. It just works for you, hon. You are master of sarcastic writing. Face it.

And you could do like switching POVs or something if you want to do a male perspective but still write in a girls perspective. Just a suggestion. :)

#40 Pretty.Odd.

Pretty.Odd.

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,567 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 12:54 AM

I think that's pretty clever. Delude people into thinking it's happy and get away with not so happy lyrics. Haha. Pumped Up Kicks, actually, I did not find that song happy. I found that song a little creepy... But maybe that's because I watched this video (warning, some profanity included):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Oil-pgYJx4

I never thought about the vocals and instrumental like that, lol! xD Ahhh. Made me laugh.

#41 Jcrazy

Jcrazy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 12:56 AM

We're practically spamming the boards with our chatting and such. Whatever, though. This is fun. :D

Five people's names that start with J? Woooo. That's a lot.

WHOA. I just realized I have cousins whose names all start with J, too. That's ironic.

Here's what I have to say on the sarcastic/serious deal: Not all your characters should have the same voice. I know that sounds hypocritical coming from a person whose characters are pretty much the same, but it's the truth. So your male protagonists can't all be the same. I love your sarcastic writing, so, yeah, I'd rather read that because it makes me laugh, but you could also go the route of trying a whole new perspective-y thing. :D

Get what I mean?

Word count: 886

I still have, like, 1,500 words to go before it can even be considered a chapter for me. This is so SLOW. I'm blaming it on this thread. ;)

Yes and eventually our names became one—Jeffreyjasonjared&jamie. Haha. My mom says it like that sometimes.

I know exactly what you mean about the voice. I can already tell that this would be a more serious story for me, but I just managed to throw in something slightly funny and it made me happy :) So I think that I'm just going to go with how this character feels and hope she's not unexciting :P

#42 Pretty.Odd.

Pretty.Odd.

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,567 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 12:58 AM

Yes and eventually our names became one—Jeffreyjasonjared&jamie. Haha. My mom says it like that sometimes.

I know exactly what you mean about the voice. I can already tell that this would be a more serious story for me, but I just managed to throw in something slightly funny and it made me happy :) So I think that I'm just going to go with how this character feels and hope she's not unexciting :P

It's so rhymey and nice! Haha. :D

Definitely keep humor in, I think. Humor is the number one thing I value in writing, personally. I can't take books that are all serious...

#43 Pretty.Odd.

Pretty.Odd.

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,567 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 12:59 AM

Waft is a funny word.

#44 Jcrazy

Jcrazy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 01:03 AM

Every word is funny to me if I stare at it long enough.

Like GIRAFFE. Whoa. Whaaa weird.

#45 24moon100

24moon100

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 5,131 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 01:04 AM

Waft is a funny word.

I suppose out of context it is a funny word. :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users