• Please log in to reply
1029 replies to this topic

#91 lily_li14

lily_li14

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 704 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 12:17 PM

re: your second post... next time I would just try to not push him away. I mean, pushing legit looks like you're not interested. Maybe give him the fake push-off, but not really try, so he can pull you back, but then tease him about having you sit there? i dont know, i'm equally socially inept and have legitimaitely been into only one boy in like the history of forever, but this is as best as I can do: don't look like you're not interested.

I fail and I apologize for this, lily. You can still have me.

Oh Gracey, you are the farthest thing from fail! And I believe your advice was exactly right...in my cluelessness I think I've been giving off a not-interested or just-friendly vibe. I've been seeing MJ so much during the play and I'm afraid I blew a really good chance with him, because now the show is over as well as stage crew, so there's no guarantee I'll even see him that much during the week except when I gaze creepily over at him at the next table during lunch.

Also, I'm not positive that it even meant anything, but while we were taking down the set yesterday at the end of the night I noticed him sitting alone with this girl who was in the cast. She definitely seemed interested in him and when I was leaving he (jokingly or not) was lying with his head on her lap. I didn't stick around to see if it was legit or not because I kind of left immediately, and I may or may not have lamely cried a little bit in my car before I went home. SO SO LAME you don't even have to tell me because I know. My only comfort is this: she's either a freshman or sophomore, and I really doubt that he would be the type to date that young. And besides, he can only have known her like...two weeks, at the most, since they'd only have met during the show.

So, I guess I need to kick this into overdrive, lest something actually happen between them. I wish I could just wink at him or something and have him be like OH, RIGHT, I SHOULD MAKE OUT WITH LILY.

#92 sassysweetstart

sassysweetstart

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 6,692 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 12:25 PM

Lilly-~hugs~ On the verge of sounding liek a total hypocrite just do it. Do soemthing spontaneous with him. Make him notice you (A long running joke and i have mentioned it on here before is the whole stick your number in his water glass idea.) I know your scared but you know what? That is when it counts the most and that is when it means teh most.:) ~Hugs~

And I need to tak emy own advice from above and just do it.

But seriously meeting his family? His friggin family? aye yi yi yi yi yi.

kat

#93 lily_li14

lily_li14

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 704 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 12:46 PM

Baww, thank you :)

And I really should. Just say something before something happens with this other girl, I mean. But god, I just tortured myself by going on his facebook and I saw that they've been talking and she keeps using all these friggin' flirty smiley faces and she told him to text her and she left her number and I feel a little sick reading it. And of course I can't see what he's said back to her because I'm not her friend, which is either good or bad....naturally, I sent her a friend request so I can torture myself further :(

He wants you to meet his family, Kat? Is this bad? Is it too soon?

#94 sassysweetstart

sassysweetstart

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 6,692 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 12:59 PM

Your welcome: )

Ughhh. That is so annoying it seems lie teh girl might be trying just a bit. Aww ~hugs~ Do not torture yoruself! Go for it! Youc an do it! Yes you can! (now I sound liek a cheerleader lol)

Yeah. Well I mean we have been seeing each other for about three months give or take. He ahs not met my family (my mother, my aunt, my brother and his wife have all been here to see me (seperate times) and well they didn;t meet him lol and I dunno. I broke up with my boyfriend of four plus years in August. he was a *#&$%%ing a--h----. Cheated on me multiple times that I know of and when I got sick - ended up in the hospital for several weeks in ICU kind of sick- he was a douchebag probably because of guilt. and then right before my brothers wedding we broke up. not to mention the fact that alot has gone on in my life, both good and bad. And I admit because of it I am really cautious I do not trust easily and I do not have relationships easily.
And I like him. I really like him. I just am worried and overthinking this way to much. And on one hand I feel like if I keep going this way I am going to lose him but on the otherhand I feel liek if I go for it I'll just get hurt I guess. Which is stupid. Because seriously with the amount of hurt that I have seen in my life what is one lousy relationship going to do?

But then again this is me overthinking this way to much. Lol.

kat

#95 peanut_butter

peanut_butter

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 6,313 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 03:32 PM

Oh Gracey, you are the farthest thing from fail! And I believe your advice was exactly right...in my cluelessness I think I've been giving off a not-interested or just-friendly vibe. I've been seeing MJ so much during the play and I'm afraid I blew a really good chance with him, because now the show is over as well as stage crew, so there's no guarantee I'll even see him that much during the week except when I gaze creepily over at him at the next table during lunch.

Also, I'm not positive that it even meant anything, but while we were taking down the set yesterday at the end of the night I noticed him sitting alone with this girl who was in the cast. She definitely seemed interested in him and when I was leaving he (jokingly or not) was lying with his head on her lap. I didn't stick around to see if it was legit or not because I kind of left immediately, and I may or may not have lamely cried a little bit in my car before I went home. SO SO LAME you don't even have to tell me because I know. My only comfort is this: she's either a freshman or sophomore, and I really doubt that he would be the type to date that young. And besides, he can only have known her like...two weeks, at the most, since they'd only have met during the show.

So, I guess I need to kick this into overdrive, lest something actually happen between them. I wish I could just wink at him or something and have him be like OH, RIGHT, I SHOULD MAKE OUT WITH LILY.

Oh lily, you are the farthest thing from lame! And it happens to the best of us, regardless.

also, somehow it's so ick, seniors dating freshmen or sophomores. it's just...blah. ick.

as for the telepathic making out with lily vibes, maybe just stop by and chat him up during lunch one day? and then hang out? and then get married and have a bazillion babiez?

or maybe just the first two steps, whichever floats your boat. but i'd just be like "yo, hey" and then you can see where it goes from there. if he's interested, he'll pick up on the vibes of your amazingness. if not, he's probably missing half his brain and therefore unable to pick up on any vibes at all.

keep us updated!!

so in my world...

K is coming home friday.
is it bad that i'm so excited?

Love,
Gracey :elmo:

#96 mina1057

mina1057

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 07:48 PM

I think that if he really likes, maybe even loves his girlfriend, you should back off. I know it sucks that he's ignoring you, but you should think about it from the perspective of someone who is in a relationship. If he just starting talking to you again not too long ago, that means that they just recently started going out and she may not be sure that she can trust him yet and that's why she doesn't want him to talk to you. I am in a relationship and it's taken me a while, but I'm finally not jealous of girls that my boyfriend talks to. However, it was difficult at the beginning of our relationship. He's probably not talking to you out of respect for her. I would wait and let him start talking to you, unless it's months (probably between 4 and 6) since he last talked to you. If you really want to be his friend then you need to respect his decision. He may really like this girl and you don't want to jeopardize their relationship. Are you thinking that he likes you as a potential girlfriend? If so please wait for him to come to you. It's better he be the one to break up with his girlfriend and go out with you because he wants to rather than him feeling like he needs to because you want him to. Don't make him choose. You'll probably lose if he's a decent guy. I know that sounds mean, but I feel that relationships, even when the people are young, are serious things. You don't want to mess with them because they have all the potential in the world. I hope I don't offend you. I'm just trying to tell you there is another side to this and as a girlfriend I'd be pissed if there was this girl who kept trying to talk to my boyfriend after he (and maybe I) said no. If you were her you wouldn't want someone to do something like that.

Tay :angel12:

thanks for the info but i dont know if you really know the whole story........ he never ask me out and that girl that he's dating hated me since the 5th grade and she's only dating him becuase of me. he transfered to that school a few years ago and he said he knew her for a while and once she finds out that i like him she ask's him out... she was playing games with me... he told me and once i told him, she refused that she ever said that. i didnt say anything to him after that and yesterday he came up to me and said hi and started talking to me. she pulled him away from me and said that he cant talk to me anymore and he ignored her. after that i told him that he should leave me alone so he wouldnt get in a fight with her afterward. he said he didnt care and she should like his disicion in who he talks to. she walked away. i told him that i dont want to mess up there relationship and he just acted like i didnt say anything and kept talking. i walked away and he stopped me and said that if she doesnt like the people he talk to then to bad. i tried to stay away from there relationship, i swear. she broke up with him after school yesterday. he didnt look hurt at all when i talked to him. i said sorry and he smiled and said dont worry about it and that it was gonna happen sooner or later and that it was ruining our friendship anyways.

haha it sounds like a story but i swear its not! with all my heart!

im serious about thanking you about the info but i dont need it anymore

#97 peanut_butter

peanut_butter

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 6,313 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 06:33 PM

K will be home as of tomorrow morning.
I am feeling very...unsettled.
I dont know anymore.

G :elmo:

#98 Ami

Ami

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Moderators
  • 9,185 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 10:35 AM

^ Have you seen him yet, G? And how are you?

I think I am finally over him. Or, at least 80% over him. I needed a clean break, and it seems as though that's what I'm getting :)

Luuuuuuurve, Ami . . X

#99 peanut_butter

peanut_butter

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 6,313 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 04:09 PM

I did see him, at the football game last night. And then he asked me to come out with them, at which point he kept kicking me under the table, but in a nice way, not a kicking way. Then I gave him a ride home, and he was holding onto my hand and stuff, except when I needed it to drive. And then he just sort of leaned on me for a few minutes, got out of the car, said he'd see me "soon" and went inside. Then we were talking, and he was all telling me that he still loved me and that he'd really missed me but that he was really confused and that he didn't know what was going to happen.

He already had plans for today, but said he'd *maybe* (but probably not) see me tonight. If not, maybe tomorrow or Monday or something.

Love,

#100 Orcagirl

Orcagirl

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,282 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 07:42 PM

thanks for the info but i dont know if you really know the whole story........ he never ask me out and that girl that he's dating hated me since the 5th grade and she's only dating him becuase of me. he transfered to that school a few years ago and he said he knew her for a while and once she finds out that i like him she ask's him out... she was playing games with me... he told me and once i told him, she refused that she ever said that. i didnt say anything to him after that and yesterday he came up to me and said hi and started talking to me. she pulled him away from me and said that he cant talk to me anymore and he ignored her. after that i told him that he should leave me alone so he wouldnt get in a fight with her afterward. he said he didnt care and she should like his disicion in who he talks to. she walked away. i told him that i dont want to mess up there relationship and he just acted like i didnt say anything and kept talking. i walked away and he stopped me and said that if she doesnt like the people he talk to then to bad. i tried to stay away from there relationship, i swear. she broke up with him after school yesterday. he didnt look hurt at all when i talked to him. i said sorry and he smiled and said dont worry about it and that it was gonna happen sooner or later and that it was ruining our friendship anyways.

haha it sounds like a story but i swear its not! with all my heart!

im serious about thanking you about the info but i dont need it anymore

Lol. That's good. I'm glad things might be working out for you. I'm glad that he was able to stand up to her. I think that it probably happened for the best that they broke up. I believe that you didn't do anything to make it worse. Let us know how things go from here on out.

#101 the_tall_girl

the_tall_girl

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 12,332 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 10:40 AM

I know this is mainly for relationships, not friendships...but the Rants thread is, er, not functioning and I gotta rant anyway. (I have a feeling this is gonna take long.)

So I'm part of theatre. I mainly joined because I need an extracurricular and some of my friends do it. I just basically put mikes on people and do the soundboard during shows. It's not the most exiting thing but it's alright I guess. I've grown to like. Anyway, yesterday was our last show. (You know how they do a show for three nights? Yeah.) And we were all gonna go to Chilli's. Everyone in the Thespian club. Every crew. Everyone.

I wasn't gonna go because it's a bit far away and my dad would give me crap about it since I didn't tell him prior. And they're all like "Oh Julia please comeee." So I give up and call my dad and he surprisingly is pleasantly willing to drive me. I don't know where Chilli's is. I have to like text and call a bunch of people. My dad's getting irritated. We find it. I get in. There's a huge *#&$%%ing line. Like it's *#&$%%ing packed. I'm waiting in line for my friends to come. I see a friend of a friend has a table already and we're kind of on friendly terms. She comes up to me (while I'm still waiting) and goes, "Can you tell Jazmine when she comes that we're back there?" In my point of view... it was kind of rude that she said that seeing as I'm waiting in *#&$%%ing line with a bunch of people I don't like for a table. I'm like, "Yeah, sure. Okay."

So my friends come. And I'm like thank godd. You know? It was so *#&$%%ing awkward being in that line and having Krissie go like "Tell Jazmine blah blah blah." I tell her. Jazmine's like okay. Then I see Alexa. She goes, "There's no more room back there."

And I get really really pissed. Like is this *%^## seriousss? Like the way she said it. And you gotta know this girl. She has this *#&$%%ing.. ugh. I won't go into that. So I'm like to myself.. *#&$%% this. I tell Jazmine that I'm leaving and I walk out. As I'm talking to my dad on the phone to come around and pick me up, I get a call from Alexa. She goes, "Dude you don't have to leave. We'll pull up another chair for you." And that, like honestly, was it for me. I tell her to *#&$%% off and I hang up on her.

I know that this doesn't sound like a big thing and maybe it shouldn't be, but it isss. I don't even know how to explain it. I was mad beyond words. Like everything came together. There I was waiting in line longer than them with about fifty other people from theatre that I don't like and they don't like me back--awkward as *#&$%%. And when my friends finally do come, they just waltz in to a table and go like "There's no more room." And when I do leave, she *#&$%%ing says "We'll pull up another chair for you?" Like *#&$%%. YOU. Who the *#&$%% does she *#&$%%ing think she's talking to? ohmygod. I got so mad. I'm still pissed.

And after I get in the car, Alexa texts me. This is what she says;
i'm sorry, i didn't mean it lke that, really. i was thinking that we weren't able to sit at the same table at all, i meant for you to come either way.

That just like made me even madder. I text her back--for her to *#&$%%ing *#&$%% herself or some crap like that.
And this morning she texts me again--
i got you IM, and it said i couldn't reply.theater is after 9th period monday.

First of all, what IM? Maybe she meant text. But whatever. And that text is further pissing me off. Is she really going to pretend like none of it happened? I swear to god. I'm gonna make her cry monday if it's the last thing I do. And I know that sounds like the shittiest thing for me to say. But I'm that mad. And I do realize that this isn't like she stole my *#&$%%ing boyfriend or anything. But still. I can't stand it when people do this sort of crap. Not to anyone else, and certainly not to me.

Now I'm gonna go the *#&$%% away because this was a really long rant.. >.>

#102 Mediator17

Mediator17

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 5,670 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 12:09 PM

jules - ugh i'm sorry :( stuff like that's happened to me before and i know it makes you feel shitty. i really hope you feel better -hugs-

I did see him, at the football game last night. And then he asked me to come out with them, at which point he kept kicking me under the table, but in a nice way, not a kicking way. Then I gave him a ride home, and he was holding onto my hand and stuff, except when I needed it to drive. And then he just sort of leaned on me for a few minutes, got out of the car, said he'd see me "soon" and went inside. Then we were talking, and he was all telling me that he still loved me and that he'd really missed me but that he was really confused and that he didn't know what was going to happen.

He already had plans for today, but said he'd *maybe* (but probably not) see me tonight. If not, maybe tomorrow or Monday or something.

Love,

aww Gracey. i think if you're good with what's happening let it happen :) i just don't want to see you get let down or hurt but i think you've got it under control. love you :heartbeat:

#103 peanut_butter

peanut_butter

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 6,313 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 09:34 PM

aww Gracey. i think if you're good with what's happening let it happen :) i just don't want to see you get let down or hurt but i think you've got it under control. love you :heartbeat:

:D spent most of today with him. I am so definitely back in the game. It's not official, because we don't want it to be the same mess as last time, but in his words "i want to keep hanging out with you while i'm here, and then I want to talk to you like crazy when I go back, and then I think I want to go out agian, if you want, but i want to figure things out and not screw up"

apparently he hadn't intended for all this (;) ) to happen, but then we hung out...

so who knows? but it feels good :)

love,

#104 Rhistarannon

Rhistarannon

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,622 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 04:04 PM

^Sometimes, being official is overrated anyway.
Sometimes it makes me chuckle how similar our lives are in some ways, Gbaby.
I miss you. And I'm glad you're doing okay.

Not much to report on this end. Still doing the unofficial long-distance thing; my life is very low-key as of late. I don't mind :)

I lobe you all, even though I'm scarce around here now. Know I'm thinking of you, though :love7:

:heartbeat:

#105 peanut_butter

peanut_butter

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 6,313 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 04:44 PM

^Our lives are entertainingly similar. And it's not official that bothers me so much as certain. I want to feel secure again, you know?
But whatever happens happens. I'm letting this zen itself out.

I miss your life, Rhibaby.

Love,
G :elmo:

#106 mina1057

mina1057

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 10:29 PM

Lol. That's good. I'm glad things might be working out for you. I'm glad that he was able to stand up to her. I think that it probably happened for the best that they broke up. I believe that you didn't do anything to make it worse. Let us know how things go from here on out.

thanks now everything is going great.... nothing wrong.... yet. lol were still friends though. we sit next to eachother in biology now lol that reminds me of twilight. twilight to me wasnt that good lol. but we sit with two other people named josh and jocey. josh and mark were actin gay and i was laughin and i fell on the floor cause they were about to kiss but pull away before the could kiss. while flyin away from eachother they fell and josh fell on someone and mark hit someone. lol i was about to cry cause they were so funny.

#107 bookgirl25

bookgirl25

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Moderators
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 26 November 2009 - 10:10 AM

Happy Thanksgiving my beautiful girls!

Life is beautiful :]

#108 ~*Jemma!!*~

~*Jemma!!*~

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 291 posts

Posted 26 November 2009 - 11:49 PM

Oh. My. Gosh.

HELP ME PLEASE. boyfriend trouble. :( i never wouldb'e thought anything would be able to go wrong with the guy im with. Oh boy, was i wrong. I've been going out with him for 4 1/2 months (just tomorrow :P) and for the past month it's been a war. We've argued more, fight more and i haven't had a phone for about a month either, so it's been very hard. A little while ago, things got a bit rough, because it started to get a bit more intense (in a sexual way) and i thought that he had been looking at porn, and he went on holiday and i sent him a txt about it, and said if he doesnt stop looking at it, we would be over. I was wrong, he hadnt been looking at porn, he did once in the past. But he didnt do it at the time he asked me about it. So, ever since then, things have been different. We're not really as intense as we used to be, and we fight over the most stupidest little things. The other day everything went wrong because my best guy friend (who is my boyfriend's best friend too) told my boyfriend that i called him a jerk. ( i didn't call him a jerk, i said he was ACTING like a dick, not that he was one.) I stirred things up, and everything mucked up. He wouldnt talk back to me on msn and i got very upset when i told him i loved him and he didn't reply. He's not as meaningful as he used to be, ( he doesn't tell me how much he's in love me and how he wants to be together forever etc..) he still tells me he loves me, but hes not as intense as he used to be. Something has changed in our relationship, and i've told him that. He thinks so too, but we don't really know what. I'm starting to think that it's my fault. He used to tell me he's never EVER going to dump me because he's too in love with me and stuff. The other day, he said "the only time i'm going to dump you is if we're REALLY struggling in our relationship" - stuff like that. He's changed and i told him that. He acts smart-ass (he never used to be like that) he said that because of what i told him (about the porn) that's why he's been acting differently. I saw him just before and i told him how sorry i was about what had happened, even thought it was a little while ago. He's not as intensely into the relationship as he used to be, and that worries me. He told me just before, "since we've been fighting and in the wars lately do you think our relationship is coming to an end?" and i said, "no, why, do you?" and he said "kinda." then he said- " I think that we're going to break up sometime. I'm so scared. I told him after that, that i want to move on from the past, and that i don't want to talk about breaking up and stuff because it's upsetting, and that i want him to act the way he used to. He said that he's going to. He's going to try.
I'm so scared that everything is just going down hill. I asked him if he's still as in love with me as he used to be, and he said "yes, i still love you as much as i ever have." While he said that, i'm still so scared. I'm scaredfor what's going to happen. He was the one who made me happy after my break-up. He was the one who i completely feel head over heels for. He means everything to me. - That's the stuff he used to say, now i feel like it's me who's saying it more!! :(
He never used to be like this, and now im worried that we'll be breaking up soon, (even though he told me and my friend that he'd pretty much be torn if we ever broke up.)
I'm sooo incredibly scared. Why is he thinking this? I would never have thought that this would be happening!!!
I don't want to break up! We used to talk about our future together, and what it's going to be like!! :(
It's changed. Because i have no phone anymore, and im not allowed to talk to him on thephone during the week, -that's been for about 2 months, by the way.
It's putting pressure on. I never would've thought that my boyfriend could even THINK- " i think it's coming to an end."

I don't want it to end. I love him so much.
Please help me, i'm just about in tears.

#109 ~*Jemma!!*~

~*Jemma!!*~

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 291 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 12:09 AM

Pheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew!

Looks like things are good now. I talked to my boyfriend last night and he's fine. He's definitely trying to make a change so, i'm happy. :D

#110 Ami

Ami

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Moderators
  • 9,185 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 11:40 AM

It's over!!!!!! It's finally over!!!!!! I have the closure I need so now everything that happened between us can be put behind me :D And it ended messily, yeah, I know that, but it's the end. FINALLY.

Luuuuuuurve, Ami . . X

#111 sweet.chickadee.miss.krys

sweet.chickadee.miss.krys

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,342 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 04:50 PM

Pheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew!

Looks like things are good now. I talked to my boyfriend last night and he's fine. He's definitely trying to make a change so, i'm happy. :D

It's over!!!!!! It's finally over!!!!!! I have the closure I need so now everything that happened between us can be put behind me :D And it ended messily, yeah, I know that, but it's the end. FINALLY.

Luuuuuuurve, Ami . . X

I'm so glad for both of you :]
There's nothing worse than complete chaos and confusion; it's good that both of you get some peace
<3

So, a while ago I came here and talked about B, this guy who seemed really into me and I thought I'd screwed it up. Let me just say that I've made a fool of myself PLENTY of times in front of him now, only knowing him for about a month. But, I kind of realised that if he didn't like me, he wouldn't keep texting me.
The issue is that I have no idea what to say to him when we talk even though there's so much I want to say. So I end up either not talking, or saying something really stupid.

Anyway, he asked me out last night (he wants to go out for lunch and maybe go for a walk on the beach - so cliche but so cute at the same time :] ) so I'm here to ask all of you smart girlies what I could do for a first date.
Any suggestions are welcome: thanks in advance!!!

#112 Rhistarannon

Rhistarannon

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,622 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 05:53 PM

Black Friday'd with AB and his crew... I managed to glean a seal of approval from his LARGE (like, 20+) group of boys, and he kept me warm and we both crashed on his couch and there is nothing, literally nothing, that makes me happier than waking up next to him. It's really hard to explain, but it was perfect and he's wonderful and bahhh. Good things :)

Hope everyone had wonderful Turkey Days!

#113 IluvWill22

IluvWill22

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,275 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 06:59 PM

So, i have a boyfriend now.
He's so sweet, and he is nothing like what all of those people said he was (a raging gorilla, insane, etc.) He's sweet and gentle, and just needs to be left alone sometimes.
I love him :love7: He's so wonderful to be around!

Nat :)

#114 Ami

Ami

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Moderators
  • 9,185 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 10:13 AM

I'm so glad for both of you :]
There's nothing worse than complete chaos and confusion; it's good that both of you get some peace
<3

thank you soo much!! i'm soo glad this is all over and done with. i don't really need a distraction right now anyway :P

luuuuurve, ami . . x

#115 peanut_butter

peanut_butter

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 6,313 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 12:03 PM

Luuuuuuurve, Ami . . X

Oh, Ami, I am so happy for you. If you dont want to say what happened, you dont have to, but I'm all ears if you're willing :D. sorry for being so nosy >.< but i'm really thrilled for you. between your happy and rhi's happy below, both of my favorite girls are doing excellent and that makes me happy on the inside.

Black Friday'd with AB and his crew... I managed to glean a seal of approval from his LARGE (like, 20+) group of boys, and he kept me warm and we both crashed on his couch and there is nothing, literally nothing, that makes me happier than waking up next to him. It's really hard to explain, but it was perfect and he's wonderful and bahhh. Good things :)

Hope everyone had wonderful Turkey Days!

gahhh so cute. i'm sitting here staring at the screen and trying to think of something else to say, but that about sums it up. gahhh so cute.
:D :D :D

so K has left for school again, as of this morning. and we're not "back together" in a way that's expressly defined in words, but in we're definitely trying. he said that coming back home has given him more perspective--that it doesn't seem like he'll be away forever, anymore. and then we talked about how i always knew that. I'm the more farsighted one. But that's okay.

the thing is, I saw him last night, and him leaving this time feels a lot more hopeful than last time, which was very melancholy and fatalistic, even though then i was technically "the girlfriend". He's started talking about coming back to visit for a weekend every now and again, and that makes me happy on the inside. i feel good about this. i think it can work.

Love,

#116 Ami

Ami

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Moderators
  • 9,185 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 01:17 PM

Oh, Ami, I am so happy for you. If you dont want to say what happened, you dont have to, but I'm all ears if you're willing :D. sorry for being so nosy >.< but i'm really thrilled for you. between your happy and rhi's happy below, both of my favorite girls are doing excellent and that makes me happy on the inside.

haha, no worries, graceykins :)

basically, i got tired of him. and this "game" we were playing. and i'm not sure if you remember, but i said that i needed to see him in a bad light to get him out of my head? well, thats what i did. i was sort of pissed off at him for just being... him, lol, so i told him i was in a mood for an argument and just started one up with him. at first, it was only to vent out my anger, but i guess he took it seriously. i called him a d*ck and he called me a b*tch and i was half way through making a point about how unsuccessful his past relationships were thanks to his stupidity and general jerkiness [new word!.. i think] and i stopped. he wanted me to tell him, so to piss him off i said i'd save it for another day, and then he said fine, but then two minutes later he demanded to know what my point was, and i said no i didn't want to tell him, and then he said something along the lines of "fine. cos i dont want to hear it..." and then he must've blocked me. and i laughed. and it felt good :)

but then later on in the evening, i felt bad for having a go at him for nothing, so i sent him a text which said although, yes he was a moody g*t, i was sorry and that he should text me back if we were still friends. he didnt. i took the hint. ish. but i still asked his best friend [who is very close with me too] to ask him how he felt about me [as in, were we friends?] and his best friend replied about three days later saying that he said he wasnt interested anymore and that he still wasnt over this other girl and wasnt interested in being friends anymore.

and i smiled about it. and it felt soooo good.

he's NOTHING to me. and i dont care about him anymore. because chances are, i'm never going to see him again. and let me tell you, i'm thrillled :) he can finally bugger off out of my head, and i have no regrets and no "what ifs" in my head, because i've done everything i could, and even though i could think, "what if it did work out between us?" i cant see that happening anymore and yeah. its not gonna happen. not now, not ever, and not because he doesnt want to [although i know he doesnt] but because i'm over it. does that make sense? it makes sense in my head, lol.

thank you for your ears, g <3 i really do appreciate it :D ily to bits :heartbeat: :heartbeat:

with regards to you and k, i'm soo glad you feel good about it all :) i really hope things turn out well, and i'm sure they will <3 keep us updated.

luuuuurve, ami . . x

#117 Peachy1214

Peachy1214

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 3,912 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 04:13 PM

What do you do when a really sweet guy asks you out? And you say yes but you realize you dont love him? What if everyone tells you that you need to give it more time because it's just been a day but it's really confusing you. He's totally head over heels for you, he loves you so so much. You dont want to hurt him but you dont know what to do. You're trying to give him a chance but you dont know how to. You think you're going to do something you regret because there are people you can't let go off. So yeah...any advice? :S

-Mimi

#118 Clarity

Clarity

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 6,982 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 04:29 PM

What do you do when a really sweet guy asks you out? And you say yes but you realize you dont love him? What if everyone tells you that you need to give it more time because it's just been a day but it's really confusing you. He's totally head over heels for you, he loves you so so much. You dont want to hurt him but you dont know what to do. You're trying to give him a chance but you dont know how to. You think you're going to do something you regret because there are people you can't let go off. So yeah...any advice? :S

-Mimi

Maybe you can go out with him, but be careful to explain that you aren't really looking for a relationship right now? He might end up getting hurt in the end, but it seems like you should give him a chance. I've never been in that situation, but that's my advice. Hope everything works out.

I'm seriously slipping into a depression, and I don't know how to get out of it. My parents are on the verge of seperating, and I spent my Thanksgiving in a zombie-like state. Everyone keeps asking me what's wrong, but I just don't feel like talking. Then there's this boy, and everytime I'm around him I can't help but smile, but then he leaves and I have a knot in my stomach because I know he'll never like me the way I like him, and now my best friend is trying to move in on him, and I think he might be into her, and I just come back to my apartment and start crying. I cry all the time now, and I feel like I don't have anyone to talk to know because normally I'd talk to my best friend, but this time she's part of the problem.

And that is pretty much the longest run-on sentence I've ever written, but I had to get that out.

#119 peanut_butter

peanut_butter

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 6,313 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 05:40 PM

thank you for your ears, g <3 i really do appreciate it :D ily to bits :heartbeat: :heartbeat:

with regards to you and k, i'm soo glad you feel good about it all :) i really hope things turn out well, and i'm sure they will <3 keep us updated.

luuuuurve, ami . . x

ily also. and i am so so so so glad you're feeling happy. i think things are going to turn out well, too. :)

-Mimi

I agree with everyone who tells you that you need to give it time. It's only been a day? How can you expect to be in love...

I think I might be missing something here. I'd just sit on it for a few days. Nobody expects you to be in love with him right away. Nobody's asking you to ever be in love with him. I mean, from what you're saying, I'm going to guess you're young--in which case, if you like him, there's no reason for you not to date him. If you don't like him, then just be like, "Sorry, this isn't really a good time for me, which I hadn't really realized until now. Friends?" And then you give him a chance to get over it.

That's my advice.

Love,

#120 Orcagirl

Orcagirl

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,282 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 10:25 PM

Maybe you can go out with him, but be careful to explain that you aren't really looking for a relationship right now? He might end up getting hurt in the end, but it seems like you should give him a chance. I've never been in that situation, but that's my advice. Hope everything works out.

I'm seriously slipping into a depression, and I don't know how to get out of it. My parents are on the verge of seperating, and I spent my Thanksgiving in a zombie-like state. Everyone keeps asking me what's wrong, but I just don't feel like talking. Then there's this boy, and everytime I'm around him I can't help but smile, but then he leaves and I have a knot in my stomach because I know he'll never like me the way I like him, and now my best friend is trying to move in on him, and I think he might be into her, and I just come back to my apartment and start crying. I cry all the time now, and I feel like I don't have anyone to talk to know because normally I'd talk to my best friend, but this time she's part of the problem.

And that is pretty much the longest run-on sentence I've ever written, but I had to get that out.

I know what you mean. My parents went through a similar thing. My dad moved out for about a year and for the longest time I couldn't talk to anyone about why I was so sad. My parents did work things out and I hope yours do to. I think you should probably tell him that you like him, and talk to your best friend about it. Probably talk to her first. I would say to help get it out you should write. That's what helped me. Write and enjoy things when they are good.

#121 Clarity

Clarity

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 6,982 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 11:57 PM

Thanks for the advice. I think I will start writing again. It's been a while since I've kept a diary or anything, but I do remember it used to help me a lot. My parents have been married for twenty years, and they've always argued, but it's gotten way out of control. My mom is always complaining to me about my dad, and it's like she wants me to pick a side, and I don't want any part of that. I came home for 3 days over Thanksgiving and they couldn't even pretend to get along and kept on acting like I couldn't hear all their arguing.

And I really wish I was brave enough to just let this guy know how I feel, but we've only just started hanging out, and I'm not even sure yet how much I even like him because I don't know him well enough yet. I just know every time I'm around him, I want to jump his bones, there's just an attraction. I'm just going to wait it out and see where things go. If there's nothing there between us, then I'll be happy for my bestie if she wants to pursue it, but I'm just scared she's going to do something behind my back because it's not like I own him or anything. And I feel awful for thinking something like that of my best friend. We never fight, and I'd trust her with my life, and I won't let something like this ruin our friendship.

#122 Orcagirl

Orcagirl

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,282 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 04:37 PM

Thanks for the advice. I think I will start writing again. It's been a while since I've kept a diary or anything, but I do remember it used to help me a lot. My parents have been married for twenty years, and they've always argued, but it's gotten way out of control. My mom is always complaining to me about my dad, and it's like she wants me to pick a side, and I don't want any part of that. I came home for 3 days over Thanksgiving and they couldn't even pretend to get along and kept on acting like I couldn't hear all their arguing.

And I really wish I was brave enough to just let this guy know how I feel, but we've only just started hanging out, and I'm not even sure yet how much I even like him because I don't know him well enough yet. I just know every time I'm around him, I want to jump his bones, there's just an attraction. I'm just going to wait it out and see where things go. If there's nothing there between us, then I'll be happy for my bestie if she wants to pursue it, but I'm just scared she's going to do something behind my back because it's not like I own him or anything. And I feel awful for thinking something like that of my best friend. We never fight, and I'd trust her with my life, and I won't let something like this ruin our friendship.

For my parents it was after probably 17 years or so and they had always fought. I never thought much of it until then. My parents did kind of do the whole pick a side thing, though I don't think they did so consciously. I wish you happiness, in any form. Just remember that no matter what happens they are your parents and they will still both love you, even if they are having a hard time getting along.

If you aren't brave enough to tell him how you feel, you should really at least talk to your friend about it. I know you won't let it ruin your friendship, but she should probably know, just in case things do work out between the two of you. I would say that it won't be bad to take a chance. If your feelings are still there, it probably does mean something. It's completely up to you what you do, but I would tell here just because I think that if she does like him and maybe wants to date him she deserves to know.

#123 Clarity

Clarity

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 6,982 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 04:47 PM

We talked about it. Sort of. I think we're good now. I feel a little foolish, actually. I let jealousy creep up, and I got all upset and paranoid.

I'm now worried because I'm about to go home for a month for Christmas break. I'm ready to be out of school, but sort of dreading being home for so long. I'm probably going to be finding things to do to keep myself busy and away from the house if my parents start arguing. I finally told my bestie, and she said to just come over to her house if things got bad. It helped to finally tell someone, I think. But hopefully things won't be so bad between them, you know, in the spirit of the holidays and all.

#124 IluvWill22

IluvWill22

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,275 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 06:37 PM

So, we didn't see each other much today...but he was happy to see me when we did :)
I love him so much...he asked me what I wanted for christmas, and I told him to tell me what he wants, first...(I will NOT let anyone give me gifts without me getting them a gift first...unless it's my mom Xp)
I don't want to crowd him, and I hope he knows that. If he ever needs me to leave him alone for a bit, I'll do it.

#125 sassysweetstart

sassysweetstart

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 6,692 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 09:20 PM

Vicki-roo ~huggles~ I can sympathize with you. I didn;t have to deal with aruging parents but after everythign happened with my family I couldn't talk to anyone about it and I even had a difficult time discussing it with those of my friends who were also going through it.

But it does help. And you do find that you do have support: )

As for the guy. tell him. I know that your scared or maybe even embarrassed but hun you never know unless you try: ) and you might find that he feels the same about you: ) I am glad that you talked to your bestie though: )
~huggles~

Soooooo...

me and popo boy: ) after some encouragement and convincing from a certian friend: ) I called him and we talked about crap and hwta not. And when I get back to Saint Petersburg we are going to talk some more but it is all very promising: ) I am extremely happy!

I was nervous and scared but Iam going for it. besides life is way to short. I know that better then nost people and I am was being silly about it all. : )

kat

#126 Clarity

Clarity

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 6,982 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 10:07 PM

I'm pretty sure he knows I'm into him, ha. It's gotten around somehow, and that's not uncommon. He's really good looking, and I'm pretty sure he knows it. (One of the reasons I'm not sure yet whether or not this attraction is anything more than um, lust. Do you know Jesse Williams? He's on Grey's Anatomy and was in the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2. Well, he looks like him. Except his eyes are brown, but they've got that same intensity) I've always moved really slow with guys, so I'm still trying to spend more time with him in group settings to see if we connect before I make any further advances. I don't even know why I felt so possessive of him. Stupid hormones.

#127 zainy444

zainy444

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,896 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 10:12 PM

^^ he doesn't try to take advantage of the fact that he knows your into him, does he? If he does, he is not worth your time! You deserve better than that. But, he does sound really good looking! haha, I love Jesse Williams, he was amazing in SOTP 2. But yeah, just try to become really good friends with him, and see what happens. That's my advice, at least. Good luck! Keep us updated!

and also, I'm really sorry about your parents =(
20 years is a long time together, so hopefully they realize that they do truly love each other
and no better time than the holidays!

Pooja

#128 Clarity

Clarity

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 6,982 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 10:15 PM

Thanks, Pooja.

ha, and no. He hasn't taken advantage of that fact. Not yet. Like I said, I move slow. I'm hesitant to put myself out there a lot of the times because I'm afraid to get burned.

#129 sweet.chickadee.miss.krys

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,342 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 12:57 AM

So B hasn't replied to my text about when and where we're meeting for our first date on Saturday, so I'm getting pretty worried.
Also, another thing that has my heart torn right about now is that L, his sister and my best friend, was talking to me and asked me today if I wanted to go out with B (she didn't know that he and I were meeting up on Saturday) and I said "yeah, but only if that's okay with you." and she said that she'll think about it.

I feel so upset right now. I really want to get to know B better but at the same time I don't want to ruin anything with L. I know she's probably just worried because B is a fair bit older than me and she doesn't want me to get hurt but I think it's also something to do with being caught between her brother and her best friend if something happens.

Help?!

#130 marianna378

marianna378

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 03:34 PM

So B hasn't replied to my text about when and where we're meeting for our first date on Saturday, so I'm getting pretty worried.
Also, another thing that has my heart torn right about now is that L, his sister and my best friend, was talking to me and asked me today if I wanted to go out with B (she didn't know that he and I were meeting up on Saturday) and I said "yeah, but only if that's okay with you." and she said that she'll think about it.

I feel so upset right now. I really want to get to know B better but at the same time I don't want to ruin anything with L. I know she's probably just worried because B is a fair bit older than me and she doesn't want me to get hurt but I think it's also something to do with being caught between her brother and her best friend if something happens.

Help?!

I think it will be all right. If i knew that my elder brother meets with my best friend i would be happy. And also i think you need to tell her about your date. Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!
(I am sorry for my language)

#131 sweet.chickadee.miss.krys

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,342 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 02:51 AM

I think it will be all right. If i knew that my elder brother meets with my best friend i would be happy. And also i think you need to tell her about your date. Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!
(I am sorry for my language)

Aww thankyou! And don't worry, your English is beautiful :]

She's okay with it so far - she's giving him and me a chance which is good. But I just hope he's worth all of this...

#132 Gee{or}jah

Gee{or}jah

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 658 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 07:02 AM

Help?

So, i need advice on getting my friend to realise that i am here for her and that i will giver her any support she needs, as she is around 21 weeks pregnant... and just recently turned 18. her family wont talk to her, nor acknowledge the baby, and her boyfriend is an idiot who only gets drunk all the time. She needs to talk to people but wont, as she is really independent and stuff. she is starting to worry me and i have no idea what to do. she wont reply to any of my messages and hurries to change the topic when we really start talking about bub and the future and stuff.

Love George
xx

#133 princess_precious

princess_precious

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Moderators
  • 2,224 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 11:37 AM

^^George- you know sometimes you don't need words to ensure the person that you are there. just stick around. if she doesn't want to talk to you, it's Ok. just be there for her. and she'll know. and slowly come around. but make sure she is taking good care of her health. i hope things get better for her and her family. i think it's the family that stresses her the most. boyfriend is a jackass.

aji :D

#134 Gee{or}jah

Gee{or}jah

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 658 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 04:09 PM

^^George- you know sometimes you don't need words to ensure the person that you are there. just stick around. if she doesn't want to talk to you, it's Ok. just be there for her. and she'll know. and slowly come around. but make sure she is taking good care of her health. i hope things get better for her and her family. i think it's the family that stresses her the most. boyfriend is a jackass.

aji :D

#135 Orcagirl

Orcagirl

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,282 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 05:40 PM

Date night tonight. I can't wait. It's been a while since we've been on a proper date. We are making the time in between finishing up papers and studying for finals to go out. Can you girls believe that next Thursday will be four years for us?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users