• Please log in to reply
1029 replies to this topic

#991 octoberoriole

octoberoriole

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,654 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 08:41 PM

i made a dude laugh today and he was super cute. more excuses to visit my mom now.(winning!)

#992 suze.angelova

suze.angelova

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 09:52 AM

OKAY!

I'm not gloating, or saying "I'M HAPPY AND YOUR NOT!"

But i'm super happy! This GUY I'm with is so sweet and lovely, :love7: we hang out, laugh and just have a good time...which is nice :) And it's scary to say, but every day I like him even more.... :D

Sigh...

Alex~ :m:

*sigh* that's so cute...!

#993 MusicAngel

MusicAngel

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 512 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 11:58 AM

Mine just turned 22 and he also confessed his love for me. Nothing is your fault. Sometimes guys get stupid and get egotistical in order to get what they want. I stopped caring and lo and behold, someone decided they loved me again but alas it was too late. :(

sorry my computer died :( He text me a few days ago and we talked about everything. Hopefully it can all go in the past and we can be great friends :)

#994 octoberoriole

octoberoriole

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,654 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 06:25 PM

sorry my computer died :( He text me a few days ago and we talked about everything. Hopefully it can all go in the past and we can be great friends :)

All good. I'm still close with his bff and that's my hope too-We have the similar friends in the same circles. I still consider him a close friend but sometimes you need distance for things to work??

#995 solique

solique

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 686 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 06:09 AM

My boyfriend dumped me after making me feel like dirt and ruining my life. Literally.

x

#996 octoberoriole

octoberoriole

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,654 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 11:19 PM

My boyfriend dumped me after making me feel like dirt and ruining my life. Literally.

x

awwww. any hope of you guys reconciling?

#997 solique

solique

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 686 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 08:16 AM

awwww. any hope of you guys reconciling?

Yes but we're on a "break".

He has feelings for 2 other girls.

FML.

x

#998 DayDreamer95

DayDreamer95

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,331 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 02:04 PM

So, my boyfriend's brother is going to get married to a beautiful sweet Polish girl, that I love dearly! We're all really excited cus we love them together! We're also going to be a part of the wedding, which is neat! My boyfriend will be the best man and I'll be the bridesmaid! :) Excitment!

#999 zainy444

zainy444

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,896 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 12:01 PM

Hey guys! If anyone has any thoughts on this, please share. I desperately need some insight about this.

So my college started last week and there was a new student in my year. He's 2 years older since he transferred in. We hit it off right away, and I really started to like him. And it definitely seemed like he felt the same way. He'd hold my hand, do all the flirty things, etc. And even strangers seemed to think we were together. I never thought to ask him if he had a girlfriend cause I assumed he was with all the flirting he was doing with me. But yesterday, a bunch of us were hanging out and someone asked him if he had a gf. He looked really uncomfortable and said yes, back home he does. They've been dating for nine months.

So with that said, why in the world would he lead me on? He's 22. Is he really that cruel?

Pooja

#1000 octoberoriole

octoberoriole

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,654 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 05:11 PM

Yes but we're on a "break".

He has feelings for 2 other girls.

FML.

x

You too? What is with guys and their feelings for other girls? We're not like Lay's potato chips-You can't have just one..

#1001 octoberoriole

octoberoriole

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,654 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 05:50 PM

Hey guys! If anyone has any thoughts on this, please share. I desperately need some insight about this.

So my college started last week and there was a new student in my year. He's 2 years older since he transferred in. We hit it off right away, and I really started to like him. And it definitely seemed like he felt the same way. He'd hold my hand, do all the flirty things, etc. And even strangers seemed to think we were together. I never thought to ask him if he had a girlfriend cause I assumed he was with all the flirting he was doing with me. But yesterday, a bunch of us were hanging out and someone asked him if he had a gf. He looked really uncomfortable and said yes, back home he does. They've been dating for nine months.

So with that said, why in the world would he lead me on? He's 22. Is he really that cruel?

Pooja

Sadly some guys can be like that-especially young guys like him. Maybe he's torn between you and the gf back home. Maybe he thought he could have a short fling with you when the hormones kicked in. Do you want to remain friends with him?

#1002 zainy444

zainy444

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,896 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 07:55 PM

^^ Sadly, I do. :( Even knowing he has a girlfriend, I can't help but still like him. And maybe he is torn between me and his girlfriend, but if that's the case, leading both of us on just isn't the answer you know? She doesn't deserve that either. Here I was thinking that he was mature since he's 22 and not 20 like him! I guess guys just never grow up, huh?

#1003 octoberoriole

octoberoriole

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,654 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 12:03 AM

^^ Sadly, I do. :( Even knowing he has a girlfriend, I can't help but still like him. And maybe he is torn between me and his girlfriend, but if that's the case, leading both of us on just isn't the answer you know? She doesn't deserve that either. Here I was thinking that he was mature since he's 22 and not 20 like him! I guess guys just never grow up, huh?

Some don't or at least not until they hit 25 but in my experience with the two that I dealt with this year, under 25 guys are crazy and hormonal but it all depends on the guy and the situation and no offense but your dude seems like a player. Do u still talk? Do u want to be friends still?

#1004 sannachi

sannachi

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 12:51 PM

Me and my boyfriend are celebrating our one month anniversary on Saturday, any tips how to celebrate it?

-Susie

#1005 DayDreamer95

DayDreamer95

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,331 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 02:13 PM

Go out to dinner, then maybe a movie? Or I would go out to like a picnic or maybe go to a concert :)

#1006 DayDreamer95

DayDreamer95

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,331 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 02:14 PM

Some don't or at least not until they hit 25 but in my experience with the two that I dealt with this year, under 25 guys are crazy and hormonal but it all depends on the guy and the situation and no offense but your dude seems like a player. Do u still talk? Do u want to be friends still?

You're quite right, but I have meet some boys under 25 that are actually normal.. :)

Alex :m:

#1007 suze.angelova

suze.angelova

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 12:28 AM

Pooja

Okay, well I hope that he was really embarrassed because that was a pretty shitty thing of him to do, no matter how nice he may seem.
My advice is to just act like it doesnt bother you, but if he tries to hold your hand or even show any signs of flirtiness, you should confrint him and ask him what he's doing.
However, considering someone already brought it up and he knows you know, I'd presume he'd be a bit uncomfortable anyway and would try and explain himself to you.
What's happened with him? Has he said anything more on the topic to you? Let us know :)

xo Suze

#1008 sannachi

sannachi

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 03:06 PM

Go out to dinner, then maybe a movie? Or I would go out to like a picnic or maybe go to a concert :)

Thanks Alex! Picnic sounds good (if the weather is nice). I want to do something special because when college starts we are not going to see each other so often... :/

-Susie

#1009 octoberoriole

octoberoriole

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,654 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 10:48 PM

i met a new dude who shared my old doctor-we bumped into each other at her office. we talked on fb forever but my heart is with the old one that broke my heart. his bff that i was close with is no longer speaking to me and called me a selfish moron who needs a brain yet i still text him apologizing in hopes someday we can be cool again and the old one and i can be bffs again but the new dude digs me so take a chance??

#1010 octoberoriole

octoberoriole

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,654 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 10:50 PM

Me and my boyfriend are celebrating our one month anniversary on Saturday, any tips how to celebrate it?

-Susie

maybe hit a museum or bike ride in a park? grab a telescope and see the stars at night?

#1011 IluvWill22

IluvWill22

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,275 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 08:20 PM

What do you do when you ask someone to do something, and they make you feel completely guilty later? Then they accuse your problem on someone else, but not take away from the fact that you asked them to do something that was so inconvenient to them at the time.

This happened with my boyfriend today. I had no way home and I asked him to come pick me up. He said yes, but he wouldn't be there for a few hours. I said that was fine, I didn't pressure him. He picks me up hours later, and proceeds to tell me that I essentially forced him to pick me up and it was so inconvenient to him. I said I was sorry and if the buses had been running or I could have gotten another ride I wouldn't have asked. He continued with his rants, even after it was obvious I was getting upset.

I get it, you went out of your way to get here, but you could have still said no. Sure it wouldn't make me happy, but I wouldn't argue.

To make things worse, he threw a friend of mine under the bus as well; he said she could have very well found me a ride home. She couldn't, I already knew.

All this time I was in tears, too. I should be mad, but he succeeded in making me feel like the worst girlfriend ever.

#1012 suze.angelova

suze.angelova

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 10:05 AM

^No offense to your boyfriend, but he sounds like a jerk in that situation. I don't know what else he has going on in his life and what your relationship is usually like, but confront him about it. Ask him if something's wrong, because if he was acting that way for no apparent reason, then he doesn't deserve to have you.

I wouldn't let anyone talk me down like that, especially not someone who is supposed to care for me, and if I hadn't done anything wrong. Don't back down and make sure you get an explanation! :)

Let us know what happens!

xoxo Suze

#1013 IluvWill22

IluvWill22

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,275 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 10:17 PM

So I did give him a hard time about what he did last weekend. I never mentioned it but I did yell at him while he was whining, and it did shut him down for a while. The next time I saw him he apologized to me for acting like a jerk.

Which brings me to today. I didn't see him, no, but we had plans. We haven't been on a real date in forever, and we made plans for tonight to go see Resident Evil (or House at the End of the Street), go to dinner, and stop in the bookstore for some new books and maybe a coffee.

First you need to understand what's been happening all week: we ran errands on Monday, I asked him to stay with me because I saw Marble Hornets with the same friends from the weekend and it scared me senseless. He said no. Wednesday he picked me up from school and again I begged him to stay. It took several minutes and a few tears but he stayed and left in the morning, promising to be back that night. Never showed.
Friday (yesterday) my friend (same friend from the last weekend) had a birthday party and we went. He originally was going to stay but he now had to be home by a certain time. So I asked him to take me home to get my stuff and drop me at my friends house again. We then arranged a date tonight since I've been trying to arrange one forever.

So fast forward to right now. I'm sitting at home, readily dressed to go see a movie, and he's not coming. I made him promise to come today, and he texted me to say his dad made other arrangements. His dad doesn't like me, I know this for a fact. He's shown me what his dad has to say about me, and it all has to do with me being a distraction not worth his time or the money it takes to come see me.

I've barely said 3 words to his dad, not enough to make a huge impression. He just took one look at me and told my boyfriend I wasn't worth it.

The worst part is (and I've mentioned it to him) that I've had a horrible day today. I woke up late for school, got there too late to use the restroom so I had to wait an hour(the bathroom I booked it to was out of order), when I finally got to the restroom I discovered I was a week early (if you know what I mean), I was late coming back to class, I got 10+ missed calls from my mothers home nurse asking me to let her in while I told her I was at school 5+ times, my friend never showed up to the mall when we were supposed to go so I wound up sitting there for over an hour, I got home feeling sick from the cramps, I chipped my tooth eating lunch (so that hurts now)and now on top of this I crawled out of bed and got dressed only to discover that my boyfriend made plans with his family last minute. Yes I'm pissed and I have a right to be.

He also just texted me saying we made plans too last minute. Excuse me do you not remember the hour long conversation last night about us spending some time together today?

#1014 suze.angelova

suze.angelova

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 07:48 AM

Woah :|

You sure had a lot going on this week.

Im glad you talked to you boyfriend about it, and it at least shut him up for a bit, but he obviously didnt pay much attention to what he did wrong.

I dont want to tell you what to do because Ive never had a boyfriend myself (I cant committ to anything) so I dont know anything from experience, but there's definitely a few issues that need to be resolved for you both to continue on with a peaceful relationship.

Explain to him almost exactly what you just wrote above, even if he was already there to know it, because he's obviously trying to deny his responsibilities and mistakes.

If your boyfriend to discuss the issue of your relationship with his dad. It takes two people to make a relationship work, so if you are a 'distraction' to your boyfriend, then he's exactly the same to you. Your boyfriend should tell his dad that he decided to date you and no one forced him into it, so there's no reason for anyone to make you seem in the wrong.

But you shouldn't even have to tell your boyfriend to talk to his dad about you- he should be sticking up for you himself, especially since you seem pretty dedicated and really committed to the relationship.

Just tell him all this calmly and logically so that he can see things from your perspective. I think people have a tendency to deny and ignore what they dont want to be true, and sometimes, it takes some effort to get them to accept the truth.

Tell me how it goes! Good luck with everything :)

:heartbeat: Suze

#1015 suze.angelova

suze.angelova

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 08:23 AM

P.S. Sorry for all the typos and mistakes! I'm in a bit of a rush so I didn't check anything :/

#1016 IluvWill22

IluvWill22

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,275 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 06:00 PM

So this time there are no complaints about my boyfriend. This time it has to do with a relationship with one of my friends.

We've known each other since around early 2011, and we've grown to be rather close friends. At the same time I've tried to be a great friend to every person I meet. It's something that's very important to me and I had no regrets. Until now.
Not to say that I would do it differently if I could, but that I would be more careful about the friends I make and the friends I stop talking to.
I'm a person who doesn't tolerate being talked about. I hate when a friend turns to me and starts talking about other friends. It makes me wonder what they say about me behind my back.
So I heard some pretty nasty things last night from another friend - things that happened long ago, and things that happened fairly recently. I was shocked she had so much dirt on what this "friend" was saying about me. No, actually I wasn't.
This "friend" of mine talked about everybody to me, which was a big warning sign. What I didn't expect was what she said about me. I hear it a lot but the fact that she said it was kind of ironic.
I was clingy.
I was annoying.
I was a b****.
I was immature.
I was the jealous type.
I was temperamental.
Honestly in the harshest of ways, that's exactly what I would call her.

In example on Thursday I asked her if she wanted to go to the mall. She said no, I sarcastically pretended to be mad and then I said ok and called another friend.
She went to another friend and told her I was a clingy b**** who got mad when she wouldn't meet me at the mall. What am I? 13? I don't get upset when I can't make plans with someone. Sure, maybe I'll be a little bummed but I'll get over it.
I also heard that she was upset about me coming to her birthday party, and that she didn't want me coming. I actually came because she asked me to, so I don't know where that came from. When I don't come to something it's because the person hosting didn't invite me.

#1017 octoberoriole

octoberoriole

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,654 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 11:52 PM

why is it that the one you loved the most and wanted so bad for so long moved on so quickly? yeah they are super young but does anyone really know what they want at 22 even if it is an 18 year old harvard grade at the moment??

#1018 DayDreamer95

DayDreamer95

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,331 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 06:31 PM

Hello....

I just got out of a bad relationship, this guy I was madly in love with....was cheating....I left him, but my mom had kinda angered the whole family-because of some things that friends of hers had said about the man I was dating and she blew up-so they were all angry. And I just knew that it wasn't going to work out, but I can't stop crying..I miss him...not the insane family or anything, but I miss him. I miss his being there. And I can't figure out why? Why do I miss such a bad person for me...and why can't I get over him. It's been a month since we broke it off....

HELP!!!

Alex~

#1019 sancia

sancia

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,493 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 05:58 AM

Hello....

I just got out of a bad relationship, this guy I was madly in love with....was cheating....I left him, but my mom had kinda angered the whole family-because of some things that friends of hers had said about the man I was dating and she blew up-so they were all angry. And I just knew that it wasn't going to work out, but I can't stop crying..I miss him...not the insane family or anything, but I miss him. I miss his being there. And I can't figure out why? Why do I miss such a bad person for me...and why can't I get over him. It's been a month since we broke it off....

HELP!!!

Alex~

I know this is may not be the best advice but time heals all wounds. It may take couple of weeks or couple of months but eventually you get over him. Just focus on things that make you happy.

I hope you find someone better! You sure deserve happy relationship! <3

-Sam

#1020 DayDreamer95

DayDreamer95

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,331 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 01:46 PM

Awwwweeeee! Sammy thank you! I know I will...I hope so at least..:)

#1021 MusicAngel

MusicAngel

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 512 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 02:03 PM

so i think a guy i used to be in love with likes me, but I don't love him anymore. Long story short: Good friends, i told him i liked him, he turned me down, friendship faded, didn't see each other for over a year, now we're friends again.

#1022 Gee{or}jah

Gee{or}jah

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 658 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 05:00 AM

The heart sinking moment when your boyfriend picks another girl over you and your family.

#1023 MusicAngel

MusicAngel

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 512 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 04:34 AM

I have a really big problem. after years of me having crushes on people i can't have and guys using me, i might be lucky in love. problem is there are 2 guys!
I want to do a beta test with one of them. you know like in big bang theory. Be a couple but keep it quiet and tell each other if there are problems in the relationship.
only problem is which guy do i pick?!? 1 I've known for 8years. we lost contact for 3years but when we started meeting up again, we started making out. it ended because i thought he was using me. I didn't talk to him for a year but then we became friends again and i found out my suspicions were wrong and i really hurt him.
guy2 we used to be in the same class and friend group. he was my first friend at a new school. I ended up having a crush on him and told him. He turned me down and after that our friendship faded. Now he's at my school again and we've become friends again.

Now I've realised both of them like me. but how can i choose one without hurting the other?

help me :(

#1024 suze.angelova

suze.angelova

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:24 AM

I have a really big problem. after years of me having crushes on people i can't have and guys using me, i might be lucky in love. problem is there are 2 guys!
I want to do a beta test with one of them. you know like in big bang theory. Be a couple but keep it quiet and tell each other if there are problems in the relationship.
only problem is which guy do i pick?!? 1 I've known for 8years. we lost contact for 3years but when we started meeting up again, we started making out. it ended because i thought he was using me. I didn't talk to him for a year but then we became friends again and i found out my suspicions were wrong and i really hurt him.
guy2 we used to be in the same class and friend group. he was my first friend at a new school. I ended up having a crush on him and told him. He turned me down and after that our friendship faded. Now he's at my school again and we've become friends again.

Now I've realised both of them like me. but how can i choose one without hurting the other?

help me :(

I might be the worst person to help you because I am so indecisive and I can't commit to anyone, but I seem to be better at helping everyone besides myself, so I'll give it a shot :)

So think of each guy individually with you, and imagine what it would be like if you went out with them and started dating. Who do you get along with better? Who do you feel more comfortable around? Who appreciates you the way you are and would make you really happy all the time? Who do you believe would be there for you and wouldn't turn his back on you at the first sign of a problem? Who would you miss more if he wasn't in your life anymore?

I hope that asking yourself those questions will help a little bit at least, but in the end, it's ultimately up to you. I'm sure that your heart and your instincts will guide you, and if you pay enough attention, you'll realise who you want to be with :)

Keep me posted on the situation!

P.S. I just re-read your question and realised that you actually asked about how not to hurt one if you chose the other. Oops!

Anyway, when you decide who you want to be with, you can't have the same level of closeness with the other guy. I know this is cliche and whatever, but you have to ask him to remain friends. Say that you really like him too but you can't help your feelings for the other guy.

If it's the first guy (that you mentioned above) that you pick, then tell the other one that, after he turned you down, you got over him and now it's hard for you to see him in that way again.

If it's the second guy you pick, tell the first one that during those years you didn't talk to each other, you developed feelings for guy2 and even though you like guy1 too, your feelings for guy2 are moe developed.

Wow, that sounds so confusing, but I hope you understand what I'm trying to convey :P Hehe!

#1025 MusicAngel

MusicAngel

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 512 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 03:25 AM

1355059471[/url]' post='2376480']
I might be the worst person to help you because I am so indecisive and I can't commit to anyone, but I seem to be better at helping everyone besides myself, so I'll give it a shot :)

So think of each guy individually with you, and imagine what it would be like if you went out with them and started dating. Who do you get along with better? Who do you feel more comfortable around? Who appreciates you the way you are and would make you really happy all the time? Who do you believe would be there for you and wouldn't turn his back on you at the first sign of a problem? Who would you miss more if he wasn't in your life anymore?

I hope that asking yourself those questions will help a little bit at least, but in the end, it's ultimately up to you. I'm sure that your heart and your instincts will guide you, and if you pay enough attention, you'll realise who you want to be with :)

Keep me posted on the situation!

P.S. I just re-read your question and realised that you actually asked about how not to hurt one if you chose the other. Oops!

Anyway, when you decide who you want to be with, you can't have the same level of closeness with the other guy. I know this is cliche and whatever, but you have to ask him to remain friends. Say that you really like him too but you can't help your feelings for the other guy.

If it's the first guy (that you mentioned above) that you pick, then tell the other one that, after he turned you down, you got over him and now it's hard for you to see him in that way again.

If it's the second guy you pick, tell the first one that during those years you didn't talk to each other, you developed feelings for guy2 and even though you like guy1 too, your feelings for guy2 are moe developed.

Wow, that sounds so confusing, but I hope you understand what I'm trying to convey :P Hehe!

Thanks for the great advise. I really did think about it and I just get on better with the one that lives closer to me. I don't worry about how I look or how I have to act around him. So I think that actually answers my question :pI'm going to try and get him to admit that he likes me today. He already did when he asked me to marry him, but he was incredibly drunk :P I'm also going to do something really cheesy. I'm going to hand him a note saying 'all I want for Christmas is you'. Loves making me cheesy : pI'll let you know how it goes
X saphy

#1026 suze.angelova

suze.angelova

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 04:25 AM

Thanks for the great advise. I really did think about it and I just get on better with the one that lives closer to me. I don't worry about how I look or how I have to act around him. So I think that actually answers my question :pI'm going to try and get him to admit that he likes me today. He already did when he asked me to marry him, but he was incredibly drunk :P I'm also going to do something really cheesy. I'm going to hand him a note saying 'all I want for Christmas is you'. Loves making me cheesy : pI'll let you know how it goes
X saphy

The note may be cheesy, but it'll be sososo cute :D And yes, let me know how it goes!

xoxo Suze

#1027 MusicAngel

MusicAngel

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 512 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 03:02 PM

The note may be cheesy, but it'll be sososo cute :D And yes, let me know how it goes!

xoxo Suze

so i didn"t dare give him the note but after i left i sent him a text saying 'I don't want a puppy for christmas' (he promised me a puppy :P) 'all i want for christmas is you'. He never sent back that evening, so i was really upset. The next morning he woke me up with a message saying 'I'm on my way over, have you got time to meet'. He lives in another town so it was incredibly sweet of him. I stopped him from coming over because I wasn't dressed :P I told him he could say anything he wanted via text. It took him a while but he finally sent back saying he really likes me and had never dared say it because he thought i would turn him down. I told him i liked him too and now we're meeting up on thursday!!!
I think that maybe finally i'll be lucky, I might finally get a boyfriend :P

Told you I'd keep you updated :P

#1028 zainy444

zainy444

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,896 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:28 PM

^^ Hope it works out with you and your potential man!!

So I posted back in August about my issue and Suze said to keep it updated! SO many months late, but I thought I'd mention it. :)
The guy I liked who didn't tell me he actually had a girlfriend. Well, I ended up trying to get over him and it WORKED. Now we're really close friends and I have no feelings for him whatsoever. I've actually met his girlfriend a few times and she's the sweetest. :)

Now I like a family friend that I've known my entire life and he's probably the sweetest guy ever except I think he thinks of me as a little kid since he's 3 years older and he's seen me grow up. :(

#1029 IluvWill22

IluvWill22

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,275 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:39 AM

So....yeah....umm well my boyfriend dumped me last night. I was feeling really depressed and he called me. I thought his call would lift my spirits but instead it dragged me down deeper. He said he got to do some thinking while he was away from home and he decided that he didn't want to be with me anymore. I cried of course, and after the tears comes the flat out rage. I know to stay away from the computer when I'm like this, but I couldn't stop myself last night. I pointed out in a long post the things he did in our relationship that made me unhappy.

#1030 IluvWill22

IluvWill22

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,275 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 07:10 AM

Hello again book children :) How goes life?

Pfffft....where do I start......?  Ok, here goes.  You know the relationship that I spent a good deal of time talking about which ended about a year and a half ago?  Well, here's an update since then.

I stayed quiet [with my friends] about the breakup for about 2-3 weeks.  Essentially I kept my mouth shut to anyone who wasn't in my life almost every day or wasn't a close mutual friend to the both of us.  And basically about a week after he got back to Cali he asked me to try again.  I said ok, and I also had a date planned for the next week so I knew I wouldn't be put under too much pressure to get back with him.  We enjoyed ourselves per usual, and I felt the same spark I felt when I'd first met him.  I didn't, however, continue to date him.  After my first date with the new guy (we shall call him....stupidhead :D ) I essentially decided it would be best to try something new and that we would just wind up fighting again anyway.

Anyway, stupidhead and I dated for 6 months.  Why do I call him that, by the way?  I'm getting to that.  Around my 19th birthday, I found out that he was talking about me.  Personal things that no respectable person should utter to another about their girlfriend.  My deepest fears and my hesitation to really commit [in the bedroom].  My attempted suicide and my most embarrassing secrets.  He even went so far to tell others - as well as to bring up to me - that he thought I was fat and needed to lose weight.  I was really left raw and exposed by the time I'd decided I was done.  In late August of 2013 I called him after being told by one of my best friends that he'd talked to her the night before and told her some more secrets about me. (thankfully these were things she already knew.)  I told him I needed a break because he doesn't seem to grasp that some of the things he does really hurts me. (I did not mention the conversation that had been revealed to me recently)

Low and behold, my friend calls me the next FREAKING DAY and tells me that he messaged her again that night and told her what I'd said and that I was being unfair to him etc etc etc.  I called him back that night and said I was done.  He insisted I let him take me out again and I agreed, only so much as to say what I needed to him.  On that date he told me he wasn't going to wait around for me [to....ahem....commit] and that there was a line of girls who wanted to be with him.  I turned to him and this was how the conversation went:

"Umm.....excuse me?  You really want to say that when our relationship is dangling by a thread?  Why did you insist on taking me out if that's the case?"

"You're getting it all wrong.  There are girls who want to be with me, but I want to be with you!"

"Oh, really?  Because you're cutting it pretty [insert f-bomb here] close, Buddy."

"No! I didn't mean it like that!"

"Then what did you mean? Because I really can't see any way around that...."

"I take it back.  Just please don't do this, ok? Can we forget this ever happened?"

".....*sigh* I honestly don't know...."

"Please! I promise I'll be better! Give me another chance!"

".........I don't know......I'll talk to you later...."

And I got out of the car and walked away.  Later that night he texted me and said he was going to go on a date with another girl and if he likes her then he'll just be with her.  The next morning I texted him and told him it was over.  He showed up at my college, threw a fit, and insisted I let him say his piece.  I humored him and we went back to my apartment.  He sat there making up mushy junk for about 2 hours.  And before anything could really be ended properly, there was a problem.  You see, my relationship with my mother is not great.  She's a drama queen, to say the least.  Scratch that....she's a drama queen who doesn't pay rent most of the time....

So when I got a knock on the door I was a little surprised.  Even moreso when I discovered it was the police.  They threatened to kick down my door if I didn't open it.  I did, and they began to harass me.  

Turns out while I was at school, my mother had decided to go to a neighbor and tell her I was abusing her.  That I had her stuff in my apartment.  And that her name was on the lease.  Essentially, this neighbor called the police and told them I'd kicked my mother out of her own apartment, beaten her up while I did so, and kept her belongings.  All untrue, but still.  They didn't really believe me.  They tried to arrest me regardless of how much proof I had against her claims.  It was a very emotional ordeal....and when the water had been cleared and the police had left and my mother had gone....I broke down.

I cried for hours, and all the while I'd forgotten that I was trying to break up with stupidhead.  I was scared, hurt, and tired.  He stuck around for a while, trying to make sure I was ok.  He promised to help me do something about my mother so this wouldn't happen again.

I woke up the following Monday to him messaging me to ask if I wanted to go out to lunch.  I said ok.  He picked me up, and we went to go eat.  He didn't bother asking where I wanted to go, and pulled through a drive through and ordered food for himself.  He didn't let me order anything, and parked in the parking lot to eat.  I sat there staring at him in dumbfounded amazement.  Never, not even when he was blabbing about me behind my back, had he ever been so rude and disrespectful.  About 10 minutes into his food, he spoke.

"So I've been thinking....and I feel like you don't feel the same way I do for you...you basically have been keeping me in the friendzone for the last few days - you won't [*ahem*] with me and you haven't even tried to do anything over the last weekend..."

"Well...yeah....I almost got arrested on Friday....I'm a little upset...."

"Regardless, I still feel like you don't feel the same physically for me anymore...and I think it's time I set you free...."

I stared at him and spoke slowly.  "....I......was..almost....arrested....on....Friday....and...you....expect...me...to....."  I stopped.  I repeated myself, this time finishing my sentence.  At the same time, all I can think is "what am I? A bird?"

So yeah, that's the story of how I tried to break up with my boyfriend of 6 months, and he twisted it around so he could break up with me....after nearly getting arrested and being put through hell trying to fix the problem with my mother.

Oh, but it's not over.  Right after that (and I'm not joking - days after the fact - he was back in a relationship with a new girl....and she was wearing the necklace he gave me on the night I tried to break up with him.....the same one he snatched back when he broke up with me that day in the car...

So anyway, that was stupidhead...and I was done with guys for a while.  Until I met E....aka "No means no."  

I wonder where I find these characters.....like what attracts them?  Do I need to change my perfume or something?  Anyway, I met E because he went to my college.  He'd been pining after me for months, but I didn't accept his invitation until this past February.  I went on 2 dates with him, he put his hands on me, and I stopped talking to him.  I honestly wish I'd reported him when I had the chance...but I was alone in this situation.  No one really supported me at first, and I wasn't going to flat out ask for help on my own.  It was only later that people told me that I should have gone to the police.  One of my guy friends said if I'd called him that night he would have gone with me to file a report. Some people blamed it on the way I dressed and my body language.  Some people called me names.  I lost a couple of "friends" because of it. Not a fond memory, and it caused me to slip back into my depression.

I started talking to my old boyfriend again shortly before the incident with E...he was very supporting after it happened and didn't even complain when I couldn't let go of the subject.  It turns out with the breakup he'd lost any real reason to stay in Cali and moved back to his moms.  We continued talking, and our spark rekindled.  He flew out here on my 20th birthday and we spent the week together.  Turns out he also stood up to his dad about me, and told him that if he'd really ever given me a real chance he wouldn't be saying such horrible things about me.  And until he actually tried to get to know me, he wasn't to ever speak badly about me again.    So now, I am in a long distance relationship with the very boy I met at prom in 2012.  Everything feels better knowing that he's there, and I plan on flying out to see him in a couple of months.

Anyway...wow....long post lol :P but it's now 5am here and I should at least try to sleep.  Goodnight/morning!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users