• Please log in to reply
1029 replies to this topic

#46 Orcagirl

Orcagirl

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,282 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 08:36 PM

^ Ackk!! Sorry Tay!! I'll do that next time :)

i talked to him today. i initiated the conversation [cos my best friend decided that none of what happened was her fault (she was the one who told me to go for it, you only live once etc.) and told me what i should do and i got fed up of people telling me what NOT to do]. and it was a nice friendly conversation. you know? nothing at all flirty. nothing i wouldn't say to a girl, lol. it was nice :)

Luuuuuurve, Ami . . X

Thanks. I'm glad you talked to him. It's always nice and it's good to be able to talk with someone who you like. No basis for a relationship without communication.

Tay :angel12:

#47 sweet.chickadee.miss.krys

sweet.chickadee.miss.krys

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,342 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 12:28 AM

Hey everyone!!
Soo I have a bit of a dilemma right about now... Long story short, there's this guy B who is my best friend's (L) older brother and when we met at a party last week he thought I was really cute and asked L for my number... four days later (yesterday) he texted me and we exchanged a bit of general conversation (as in, how are you, how has your week been, etc - nothing too exciting) and now he probably thinks I am the biggest loser ever because, honestly, I suck at conversations over text; I'm much better face-to-face.

Anyway, the last text he sent was something like: it was fun talking to you, if you ever want to chat I'm here.
So, if anyone could help me decipher that into something like does he think I'm a loser or not, that would be greatly appreciated!
Also, would it be worth trying again and letting him see that I am not a boring person (ahem, much of a boring person haha)??
Thank you!!

Hope everyone's weekend (and Friday, if you live on the other side of the world) will be good
<3

#48 Orcagirl

Orcagirl

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,282 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 08:55 AM

Hey everyone!!
Soo I have a bit of a dilemma right about now... Long story short, there's this guy B who is my best friend's (L) older brother and when we met at a party last week he thought I was really cute and asked L for my number... four days later (yesterday) he texted me and we exchanged a bit of general conversation (as in, how are you, how has your week been, etc - nothing too exciting) and now he probably thinks I am the biggest loser ever because, honestly, I suck at conversations over text; I'm much better face-to-face.

Anyway, the last text he sent was something like: it was fun talking to you, if you ever want to chat I'm here.
So, if anyone could help me decipher that into something like does he think I'm a loser or not, that would be greatly appreciated!
Also, would it be worth trying again and letting him see that I am not a boring person (ahem, much of a boring person haha)??
Thank you!!

Hope everyone's weekend (and Friday, if you live on the other side of the world) will be good
<3

Take it for what it is. Guys don't usually have hidden messages. If you want to talk to him go ahead. It seems like he did enjoy talking to you. It may mean nothing more than he wants to talk to you, or it could mean more. However, he is a guy so I'm going with it means exactly what it says. Good luck and have fun.

#49 bookgirl25

bookgirl25

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Moderators
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 11:29 AM

So...

T added a family friend the other night on facebook, and apparently she told his mother that T's profile said, "In A Relationship" -I was under the impression that his mother knew about us, but apparently not. Anyways, T's mom asked his sister, K, if he was in a relationship, and K said no, because T's mom seemed really angry about it. And K texted T to warn him about it, so T turned off his relationship status on his profile, and kinda told me to try not to post on his profile and stuff until things got cooled down.

And, I dunno...I know he isn't doing it from a "I'm Ashamed of Shaina" point of view. HOnestly, his Mom is kinda crazy and abusive, she is just super serious about everything, and she would probably *%^## him out because I was white, not catholic, and far away or something....And he doesn't want to tell her about us. But like, I do want him to, but I don't at the same time...

How would you guys feel about it?

#50 Ami

Ami

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Moderators
  • 9,185 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 01:23 PM

aww, that's how i feel about all you girlies. you, mel, rhi, karin, all my mcbc ladies. :heartbeat:
and amikins, that may have been the sweetest thing anyone's ever said to me.

i'm glad your conversation went well. the first big conversation after something monumental is always scary.

sooo today K invited me to come visit him at college. and then he was like "oh because you're looking at (school near his), right?"
but he asked me to visit him. at college.

i can't decide whether or not it's bad that this is starting to feel almost like old times.

Love,
Gracey :elmo:

you're the sweetest person ever, g. :)

i've promised myself that i wont get upset if he doesnt text me. he said he would on friday night to tell me he's on msn, but you know what? so what if he doesnt text me. i have better things to do... such as revise for my scholarship exam tomorrow >.<

it sounds sweet of him :) but when you say it's starting to feel like old times... what do you mean?

Ami-rita- good for you! And i know sweetie. It is always hard at first. And you want to keep thinking he is this perfect angel and you are the one who *#&$%%ed up and everything. And you will reach that point where you are just like what was I thinking? I am better then this then him. And there are guys out there who deserve me alot more then he ever did. ~Hugs~ Hang in there love. And I amglad that convo went well! ~Hugs~

As for me. I am sick and popo boy came over and made dinner for me (it was actually rather good!) which was really sweet of him.

Still not sure about whole family thing and what not though.

kat

hahahaa, i love you kat :D you always make me smile! *huggles back* i'm glad the conversation went well too :) it's been a long time since we've had one of those totally casual conversations which hasn't left me feeling inferior in some way (he was replying far more often with more... in depth responses and asked me questions. normally i end up picking up the conversation which sucks :P lol).

ooh, what did he make you for dinner?

Thanks. I'm glad you talked to him. It's always nice and it's good to be able to talk with someone who you like. No basis for a relationship without communication.

thanks, tay :D i'm glad you guys all agree -- i told my two best friends and they were totally against it.

we just used to be really, really good friends, and i dont want to just DROP that because of whats happened (which, considering, isnt really much, except for my stupidity and random conversations that went further than they should've gone).

luuuuuurve, ami . . x

#51 peanut_butter

peanut_butter

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 6,313 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 06:02 PM

Gracey- Perhaps at the moment it is the right guy but not the right time? And giving it some time might help. ~hugs~

kat

That may be eternally our problem. We keep snatching little bits of the right time, but mostly not. But maybe we'll find a good time again. And right now we're in two different places, so not giving it time isn't an option. At least a few weeks.

you're the sweetest person ever, g. :)

i've promised myself that i wont get upset if he doesnt text me. he said he would on friday night to tell me he's on msn, but you know what? so what if he doesnt text me. i have better things to do... such as revise for my scholarship exam tomorrow >.<

it sounds sweet of him :) but when you say it's starting to feel like old times... what do you mean?

luuuuuurve, ami . . x

I think you may be the sweetest ever, babe. :heartbeat:

And good for you. I hope to get a handle on those feelings, too. >.< And I should be revising for my SAT IIs tomorrow. Eep.

he almost almost talks to me like when we were together. Not quite, but close. It ever so slightly reminds me of even before we started dating, but we're closer than that. So nothing is quite like it was, that'd be sort of impossible, what with history and all that jazz.

Ugh, I miss him. I though i was starting to not to, but now it's all back. drama drama drama.

Love,

#52 sassysweetstart

sassysweetstart

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 6,692 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 10:50 PM

Krys- It could be nothing as Tay said. It could also mean maybe he was looking for a little more in the conversation and liekd talking to you but wanted more. Who knows? Text him again and maybe see about meetting him someplace. Who knows maybe you guys will connect!: )

Bookie- That does not sit well with me. I don;t care whether he is trying to avoid drama or not part of being in a relationship is taking responsibility for ALL of it. If he can't admit to his mother he is dating you then how is it going to be if in a couple years you guys get really serious? What if you gusy get married? Have kids? Is he going to let his mother run his life? Is he goign to say that a wife and kids don't exist? He needs to grow a set because that isn;t good.
The same exact thing happened to my sister and well you guys all know what situation she is in now and teh way the guy treated her in the end relationships are better off if peopel are honest.
I mean what is he going to do if his mother tries to set him up on a date? (and if she is anything like my sister's ex she will) Is he going to go? He needs to be honest and handle the drama on whatever the cause because seriously sweetie YOU are worth it and if he can not see that or understand that then it is not going to be a very plesent relationship in the long wrong. ~hugs~

Ami-rita ~huggles back~ I am glad I can be of service:) You deserve to be happy and to smile your beautiful smile: ) And I am glad he was more attentive he should be! Lol. And yeah that sucks. I ahte when convos are one sided, especially with guys. It's like come on make some effort here.

and he made blinchiki which I am begining to think is his signature dish lol but I am not going to complain they were good. he did them with raisins, cabbage, edamame, mushrooms farmers cheese and onions (he sauteed all teh veggies before he wrapped them up) so good and then as a surprise (Because one it is more of an American dish and two I had no idea he knew how to make it! Though he told me he asked one of his American buddies. Lol) he made Apple Crisp GF! I was really shocked and it was really good lol.

And he called yesterday to see how I was and if I was up to going to the movies with him this weekend so I am going to call him later after practice.

I dunno how I feel and I mean I definitely need to talk to him but I was thinking about us and I do really like him....

The whole meeting his family thing I am still a bit uhhh about. And I really do not want to rush into this. A part of me feels like I am young and free and I did just come out of a four year relationship and any opinions would be most welcome. Lol.

kat

#53 sassysweetstart

sassysweetstart

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 6,692 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 10:52 PM

Gracey- ~hugs~ Maybe that is what is needed though. some slowing down even some space so that when the time is rigth it will be there completely on both your parts and on Father Time so that you gusy don;t get frustrated or have good moments then really bad moments then good moments again you know? Time does make the heart grow fonder!:)~hugs~

kat

#54 Orcagirl

Orcagirl

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,282 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 12:13 AM

So...

T added a family friend the other night on facebook, and apparently she told his mother that T's profile said, "In A Relationship" -I was under the impression that his mother knew about us, but apparently not. Anyways, T's mom asked his sister, K, if he was in a relationship, and K said no, because T's mom seemed really angry about it. And K texted T to warn him about it, so T turned off his relationship status on his profile, and kinda told me to try not to post on his profile and stuff until things got cooled down.

And, I dunno...I know he isn't doing it from a "I'm Ashamed of Shaina" point of view. HOnestly, his Mom is kinda crazy and abusive, she is just super serious about everything, and she would probably *%^## him out because I was white, not catholic, and far away or something....And he doesn't want to tell her about us. But like, I do want him to, but I don't at the same time...

How would you guys feel about it?

I think that it sucks, but I think that if his mom is going to have a problem with it, he can tell her on his own time. He might know when it's best. How old is he? What is her basis for getting mad?

thanks, tay :D i'm glad you guys all agree -- i told my two best friends and they were totally against it.

we just used to be really, really good friends, and i dont want to just DROP that because of whats happened (which, considering, isnt really much, except for my stupidity and random conversations that went further than they should've gone).

luuuuuurve, ami . . x

Welcome. I have found that girl friends are kinda bad about that thing. I had the biggest crush on Aaron and they were like don't talk to him don't tell him. Let him make the first move. Well I talked to a guy friend who told me to just go for it. It's really up to you, but I would say talk with him.

So I kinda have my own "relationship" problem. Not with Aaron, but his brother and his fiance. They are getting married in May. I'm trying to find a way to avoid going. I, for some reason I don't understand, can't stand them. Aaron will probably have to take off work and go. They are just being really impulsive and stupid about things. He's getting a two year degree and joining the military. She is getting a two year degree and that's it. Neither is has the most common sense. They are telling her mom in front of the family on Thanksgiving, like they did last year when they got engaged. They aren't waiting until the oldest brother comes back to the States next fall. For some reason I really really don't want to go and I feel like a bad person for it. I won't be happy for them and it will just make me feel like crap. And I don't have a dress that would be fitting for a wedding and I don't want to buy a new one. And well I do have some I could wear, but it's going to be in May where it will be like 110 degrees and the dress I have is heavy and thick. Maybe it's jealousy, but I don't have a real reason to be jealous. Aaron and I have so much more going for us. We are both getting a good education and we aren't rushing our relationship into new stages and we don't really fight (we argue) like they do. But his brother creeps me out and I think that he just shouldn't exist. I know it's mean, but you'd have to meet the guy. And she hates me because I think that he is stupid (and he is when it comes to common sense) and he creeps me out a lot. And he was a mirco major, but didn't apply anything he learned to himself. There is something about them that rubs me the wrong way. Sorry for the rant. I just needed to tell someone other than Aaron. Oh wait one last thing. So Aaron's parents had this thing where after their kid finished four years of college they would pay for a honeymoon. Well he's only finishing too, but because he is joining the military he is still getting money. Maybe his parents will give us more because Aaron will have his Masters before we get married. And they can save up the money to help us out. They only got money to either go for the wedding or the honeymoon.

#55 mina1057

mina1057

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 01:05 AM

HEY GUY!!! I NEEEEEDDDDD HHHEEEEEELLLLPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, this guy named mark thati like and i just meet at school and i knew him for about a month or two now and i really like him and i think he liked me before also.
heres the problem, i dont think he likes me anymore because of what happened at lunch.
you people know that spanish people like to kiss eachother on the cheek when they say hi? well, he tried to and i wasnt expecting him to do that so i pull away and he started to ignore me after that. i tried to talk to him about it but he was acting like he didnt know what i was talking about and i got fustrated and just walked away. he says hi to me a few time cause he is to nice to ignore me and i think he still likes me cause i see him staring at me from the corner of my eye but when i look up he turns away. but he wont talk to me and i see he's upset about something......

what should i do???????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#56 sweet.chickadee.miss.krys

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,342 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 01:39 AM

Take it for what it is. Guys don't usually have hidden messages. If you want to talk to him go ahead. It seems like he did enjoy talking to you. It may mean nothing more than he wants to talk to you, or it could mean more. However, he is a guy so I'm going with it means exactly what it says. Good luck and have fun.

Haha thank you sooo much, Tay, for this insight. Me = not so good at interpreting boys.
Hopefully I'll see him next week, so I'll take your advice and have another go at making proper conversation :]
<3

Krys- It could be nothing as Tay said. It could also mean maybe he was looking for a little more in the conversation and liekd talking to you but wanted more. Who knows? Text him again and maybe see about meetting him someplace. Who knows maybe you guys will connect!: )
he called yesterday to see how I was and if I was up to going to the movies with him this weekend so I am going to call him later after practice.

I dunno how I feel and I mean I definitely need to talk to him but I was thinking about us and I do really like him....

The whole meeting his family thing I am still a bit uhhh about. And I really do not want to rush into this. A part of me feels like I am young and free and I did just come out of a four year relationship and any opinions would be most welcome. Lol.

kat

Thank you as well, Kat :]
Pretty much, who knows what guys are thinking?! But, thank you, you've given me confidence in this whole massively weird thing so I sort of know where I'm going haha.

As for you: follow your instincts. If you just want to chill out for a little while as a single lady then go for it. Being single may let you figure some things out about yourself and what you want in life, which in turn can help you discover what you want from everyone else. Don't rush it because these things take time, but I'm sure you will make the best decision you can :]
<3

HEY GUY!!! I NEEEEEDDDDD HHHEEEEEELLLLPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, this guy named mark thati like and i just meet at school and i knew him for about a month or two now and i really like him and i think he liked me before also.
heres the problem, i dont think he likes me anymore because of what happened at lunch.
you people know that spanish people like to kiss eachother on the cheek when they say hi? well, he tried to and i wasnt expecting him to do that so i pull away and he started to ignore me after that. i tried to talk to him about it but he was acting like he didnt know what i was talking about and i got fustrated and just walked away. he says hi to me a few time cause he is to nice to ignore me and i think he still likes me cause i see him staring at me from the corner of my eye but when i look up he turns away. but he wont talk to me and i see he's upset about something......

what should i do???????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It certainly seems that he likes you. Maybe he was just a bit offended - even though you didn't mean to pull away. It all comes down to miscommunication, but don't stress because most guys get over things like this so easily. Give him a day or two, and then maybe sit down with him in a quiet spot and have a chat and tell him what you need to. I'm sure he'll forgive you and appreciate it that you took the initiative to explain. Good luck!!! :]
<3

#57 mina1057

mina1057

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 01:47 AM

thank you for the info

#58 Ami

Ami

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Moderators
  • 9,185 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 02:49 AM

I think you may be the sweetest ever, babe. :heartbeat:

And good for you. I hope to get a handle on those feelings, too. >.< And I should be revising for my SAT IIs tomorrow. Eep.

he almost almost talks to me like when we were together. Not quite, but close. It ever so slightly reminds me of even before we started dating, but we're closer than that. So nothing is quite like it was, that'd be sort of impossible, what with history and all that jazz.

Ugh, I miss him. I though i was starting to not to, but now it's all back. drama drama drama.

Love,

:heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat:

Haha, at the time you posted that, I should've been revising for my scholarship exam ;) Oh well. He didn't text me last night, and I don't think he came online. I'm not too fussed, but a bit confused. It's not like I'm going to make a big deal about it though, you know?

drama, drama, drama. what is happening to us, g?

Ami-rita ~huggles back~ I am glad I can be of service:) You deserve to be happy and to smile your beautiful smile: ) And I am glad he was more attentive he should be! Lol. And yeah that sucks. I ahte when convos are one sided, especially with guys. It's like come on make some effort here.

and he made blinchiki which I am begining to think is his signature dish lol but I am not going to complain they were good. he did them with raisins, cabbage, edamame, mushrooms farmers cheese and onions (he sauteed all teh veggies before he wrapped them up) so good and then as a surprise (Because one it is more of an American dish and two I had no idea he knew how to make it! Though he told me he asked one of his American buddies. Lol) he made Apple Crisp GF! I was really shocked and it was really good lol.

And he called yesterday to see how I was and if I was up to going to the movies with him this weekend so I am going to call him later after practice.

kat

*huggles* aawww, kat, you're soo sweet!! :)

woah, that dinner sounds reaaaaaally nice [and rather complicated to make, haha]. he sounds really nice. if you feel young and free, then i'd say go for it. but it all depends on how you feel about jumping into another relationship so soon.

Welcome. I have found that girl friends are kinda bad about that thing. I had the biggest crush on Aaron and they were like don't talk to him don't tell him. Let him make the first move. Well I talked to a guy friend who told me to just go for it. It's really up to you, but I would say talk with him.

Ah, yep. I would totally agree. The thing is, this guy was my closest guy friend. my two other closest ones are a) his best friend, or B) really really shy and i would feel awkward talking about this to him.

luuuuuuuuuurve, ami . . x

#59 bookgirl25

bookgirl25

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Moderators
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 08:24 AM

Tay: He is 18 years old, and she doesn't really have a basis to be upset about. She is just over controlling and feels that he shouldn't have a girlfriend because he should focused on school I guess... Which he totally does.

#60 peanut_butter

peanut_butter

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 6,313 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 12:47 PM

Gracey- ~hugs~ Maybe that is what is needed though. some slowing down even some space so that when the time is rigth it will be there completely on both your parts and on Father Time so that you gusy don;t get frustrated or have good moments then really bad moments then good moments again you know? Time does make the heart grow fonder!:)~hugs~

kat

My side of the plan right now is just to talk when we talk, not talk when we don't. We're communicating in a very casual way right now, mostly online when we're both on, texting every now and again. We'll see what happens, you know? Like, it'd be easy to lose contact completely what with living in two very different places right now, and I don't really want to see that happen. But it's low-key.

:heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat:

Haha, at the time you posted that, I should've been revising for my scholarship exam ;) Oh well. He didn't text me last night, and I don't think he came online. I'm not too fussed, but a bit confused. It's not like I'm going to make a big deal about it though, you know?

drama, drama, drama. what is happening to us, g?

I don't know! We were so solid for a while there.
And I should have been studying for my SAT in US History, which I sort of tanked.

And I'm with you about not making it too big a deal. Mine is more an understanding of schedule, though.
I can't wait for thanksgiving, still, though.

Oh amikins, at least we have each other to enjoy our craziness, yes?

Love,

#61 Sapphire9653

Sapphire9653

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 01:05 PM

Hey everyone!!

Thank you!!

<3

I think he totally likes you. I wouldn't get involved with him though because if he is your best friend's older brother, wouldn't that be like weird for you and your friend? It doesn't matter right now...just be happy because you got a guy! :D

~Megan

#62 Orcagirl

Orcagirl

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,282 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 03:19 PM

Ah, yep. I would totally agree. The thing is, this guy was my closest guy friend. my two other closest ones are a) his best friend, or B) really really shy and i would feel awkward talking about this to him.

Don't worry about it. We're here for you. I have had tons of guy friends and while I'm not an expert, I am able to understand some of the things they do.

Tay: He is 18 years old, and she doesn't really have a basis to be upset about. She is just over controlling and feels that he shouldn't have a girlfriend because he should focused on school I guess... Which he totally does.

I see. Well that's a difficult situation. Maybe if that is the case he can ask his mom if it's ok to do a "trial run." He could ask her to give him a chance to have a girlfriend for a few weeks or maybe a month or so to see how well he can handle a girlfriend and school. Someone with the deal being if his grades start to slip he won't have a girlfriend (or you go back it being the way it is now) and if he is able to keep his grades up and at the levels they are now he can continue having a relationship. I can't see how it would be a bad thing really. I mean if you are already sneaking around behind her back so she doesn't get mad then it will be no different if he can't handle it. And if he proves to her that he can things will just get better. I'm going to assume he's probably finishing high school soon. And in that case even if things do get bad when he leaves home it won't matter if he has a girlfriend or not so it won't be too much longer though it may seem like a long time. I hoep this helps.

#63 bookgirl25

bookgirl25

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Moderators
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 03:38 PM

Tay: He is in college right now. So he said he would tell her because it's not like she can ground him. Haha

#64 Ami

Ami

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Moderators
  • 9,185 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 03:50 PM

I don't know! We were so solid for a while there.
And I should have been studying for my SAT in US History, which I sort of tanked.

And I'm with you about not making it too big a deal. Mine is more an understanding of schedule, though.
I can't wait for thanksgiving, still, though.

Oh amikins, at least we have each other to enjoy our craziness, yes?

Love,

I realised last night that I'm just not happy anymore. I can't cheer myself up. I just feel sad. And bored. I can't seem to think of one, single reason to be happy. I can't really explain it, but I just feel like crap, and have done for the past week.

i'm starting to think that there isnt any craziness for me anymore. i know i should leave things as they are and probably never talk to him again -- for all i know, its what he wants. i just want something to happen in my life right now. i'm begging for something to happen... but guess what? nothing is. and although i love you guys to bits, i cant talk to anyone about it, and that right now is eating me alive.

Don't worry about it. We're here for you. I have had tons of guy friends and while I'm not an expert, I am able to understand some of the things they do.

thanks, tay :)

luuuuuuuurve, ami . . x

#65 mina1057

mina1057

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 05:07 PM

i have another problem.........i just found out my friend just started liking the same guy i like and now shes mad at me and i said that she shouldnt be mad at me over a boy............ did i do something wrong?
open to any comments!

#66 Goa_Grl

Goa_Grl

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 7,022 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 05:20 PM

Greenday concert. Best night of my life.

Afterwards we were partying because it was my cousins birthday and after a Greenday concert you just cant go and sleep...and there was a talll hot guy. Not TallBoy. Just a tall hot guy. It was funnnnn! Though nothing much happened...damn my shyness.
I. Love. Greenday.

Even more than before.

Although I never thought that was possible.

<3 <3 <3

#67 peanut_butter

peanut_butter

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 6,313 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 10:16 PM

I realised last night that I'm just not happy anymore. I can't cheer myself up. I just feel sad. And bored. I can't seem to think of one, single reason to be happy. I can't really explain it, but I just feel like crap, and have done for the past week.

i'm starting to think that there isnt any craziness for me anymore. i know i should leave things as they are and probably never talk to him again -- for all i know, its what he wants. i just want something to happen in my life right now. i'm begging for something to happen... but guess what? nothing is. and although i love you guys to bits, i cant talk to anyone about it, and that right now is eating me alive.

luuuuuuuurve, ami . . x

I can definitely commiserate with your first paragraph there. About the bored and sad part. I'm especially bored. In some ways I feel like my brain is focusing on K because that's just the old, comfortable thing. And I really need something to change. I'm dying to meet someone or many someones who are new. This is just the end of an era for me, and it can't be over fast enough. I need a chance to have something different before I get myself too wrapped up in my past again.

I think things will turn out okay for both of us. Movies keep making me cry today. Today I cried watching Stick It on TV. A goddamned gymnastics movie, even without a love interest, can you believe me?

I'm losing it.

Love,

#68 Ami

Ami

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Moderators
  • 9,185 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 05:00 AM

I can definitely commiserate with your first paragraph there. About the bored and sad part. I'm especially bored. In some ways I feel like my brain is focusing on K because that's just the old, comfortable thing. And I really need something to change. I'm dying to meet someone or many someones who are new. This is just the end of an era for me, and it can't be over fast enough. I need a chance to have something different before I get myself too wrapped up in my past again.

I think things will turn out okay for both of us. Movies keep making me cry today. Today I cried watching Stick It on TV. A goddamned gymnastics movie, even without a love interest, can you believe me?

I'm losing it.

Love,

i honestly didn't know that we were in sort-of the same position, graceykins. but it's somewhat comforting. i've been trying to watch films too, lol, but none of them have really interested me. i watched the beginning of watchmen last night, and couldnt get into that, so then i watched harold and kumar escape for guantanamo bay which was hilarious and lifted my spirits up.. until my dad came home and quickly changed shows before he could see what it was (because although its a 15, its still in a dodgey area).

nothing's happening for me either, so i'm holding onto the past, and it's really not good for me, but there doesn't seem to be any other way. i don't feel as though i can talk to my friends at my current school about this, and all the people at my old school are revising for an exam tomorrow, so i'm sort of stuck.

we're both losing it, g.

but i love you :) and i know we can both get through it <3

#69 Orcagirl

Orcagirl

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,282 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 12:02 PM

Tay: He is in college right now. So he said he would tell her because it's not like she can ground him. Haha

I see. Well at least he is going to tell her soon. She shouldn't be so worried about it. If he's in college he should be starting life on his own. I mean sure parents are there to help, but it's different when you are living at home. Good luck with all of that, and let us know how it turns out.

i have another problem.........i just found out my friend just started liking the same guy i like and now shes mad at me and i said that she shouldnt be mad at me over a boy............ did i do something wrong?
open to any comments!

I would say that you didn't do anything wrong. I don't think it's really wrong to like the same guy. Maybe you can talk to her and you can both promise that, even though you like him, you won't go out with him because you don't want it to come between you. It's just an idea. It will help both of you avoid the awkwardness of dating someone your best friend likes. In fact you can turn it into a good thing that you both like him. It's kinda like when best friends have a crush on the same celebrity. You can talk about him and such. I don't know if it will help, but it might be worth a shot.

Time to buy Aaron's birthday presents. I have no idea what to do for our anniversary. We're coming up on four years and I feel like I've run out of creative, sweet ideas. Anyone have any ideas?

#70 mina1057

mina1057

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 01:29 PM

I would say that you didn't do anything wrong. I don't think it's really wrong to like the same guy. Maybe you can talk to her and you can both promise that, even though you like him, you won't go out with him because you don't want it to come between you. It's just an idea. It will help both of you avoid the awkwardness of dating someone your best friend likes. In fact you can turn it into a good thing that you both like him. It's kinda like when best friends have a crush on the same celebrity. You can talk about him and such. I don't know if it will help, but it might be worth a shot.

THANKS FOR THE HELP :)

and sorry im not good at helping with gifts lol

#71 mina1057

mina1057

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 01:30 PM

or anything else to tell you tha truth lmao

#72 limonada1415

limonada1415

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 06:15 PM

hey guys! oh man i haven't been on the message boards in a while. OK so here is the story:

there is this kid and he is in almost all of my classes, we shall call him D. and i friended him on facebook and people started to "like" the post. so then i suddenly notice him staring a lot and he has started to talk to me and my friends more. but could it be just because he is being friendly or could it possibly be something more, because i wouldnt mind if he asked me out...

whats your feedback?

~limonada~

#73 sweet.chickadee.miss.krys

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,342 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 04:00 AM

I think he totally likes you. I wouldn't get involved with him though because if he is your best friend's older brother, wouldn't that be like weird for you and your friend? It doesn't matter right now...just be happy because you got a guy! :D

~Megan

Haha thank you! Yeah, true, I've been thinking about that and I asked her and though she said it's fine, I'd still feel awkward. She and her brother aren't really close, but yeah. I'll see how it goes .. :]

open to any comments!

No, you didn't do anything wrong - it's not your fault!!!
The bad thing about this is that you can go two ways: if you think your friend likes this guy just because you like him, especially if you like him a lot then I'd say for you to ask her if she could back off - politely - but if she's a really good friend, then it's definitely not worth losing a friendship over a boy.
Good luck with whatever you choose!
X

hey guys! oh man i haven't been on the message boards in a while. OK so here is the story:

there is this kid and he is in almost all of my classes, we shall call him D. and i friended him on facebook and people started to "like" the post. so then i suddenly notice him staring a lot and he has started to talk to me and my friends more. but could it be just because he is being friendly or could it possibly be something more, because i wouldnt mind if he asked me out...

whats your feedback?

~limonada~

It looks like he likes you!! I don't know about you but personally I would ask him out first especially if he seems a bit shy. Waiting is no fun and even if he says no, you can still be friends :]
Good luck!

#74 peanut_butter

peanut_butter

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 6,313 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 03:17 PM

i honestly didn't know that we were in sort-of the same position, graceykins. but it's somewhat comforting. i've been trying to watch films too, lol, but none of them have really interested me. i watched the beginning of watchmen last night, and couldnt get into that, so then i watched harold and kumar escape for guantanamo bay which was hilarious and lifted my spirits up.. until my dad came home and quickly changed shows before he could see what it was (because although its a 15, its still in a dodgey area).

nothing's happening for me either, so i'm holding onto the past, and it's really not good for me, but there doesn't seem to be any other way. i don't feel as though i can talk to my friends at my current school about this, and all the people at my old school are revising for an exam tomorrow, so i'm sort of stuck.

we're both losing it, g.

but i love you :) and i know we can both get through it <3

i think mine is more back and forth than yours is, though. i know what you mean about the friends, though. i have my best friend, but all my other friends are sort of gone, so if she's busy, i'm stuck. as far as my back and forth, though, although I didn't hear from K all weekend, last weekend he texted, using the pet name he hadn't used since we broke up, and calling me "exceptionally pretty" in a certain picture. Whatever happens, I think this break when he's home is going to be interesting.

but regardless of what does happen, i love you too, and i KNOW we will both be wonderful soon.

Love,
G :elmo:

#75 IluvWill22

IluvWill22

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,275 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 07:23 PM

My first kiss...*swoon* ^_^

Nat :)

#76 mina1057

mina1057

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 07:57 PM

It certainly seems that he likes you. Maybe he was just a bit offended - even though you didn't mean to pull away. It all comes down to miscommunication, but don't stress because most guys get over things like this so easily. Give him a day or two, and then maybe sit down with him in a quiet spot and have a chat and tell him what you need to. I'm sure he'll forgive you and appreciate it that you took the initiative to explain. Good luck!!! :]
<3

well, thanks. i took your advise and now where friends again............ i should have asked when i earlier and we might have been fiends already.... thanks so much. ;) i told him that i was sorry about pulling away from him when he tried to kiss me on the cheek at lunch but i really didnt mind it and i didnt expect it and then he said he thought i was grossed out by him and thats why he was ignoring me. i felt so bad and gave him a hug. so now we talk now ;)

were cool now and shes no mad anymore. thanks to you too.

No, you didn't do anything wrong - it's not your fault!!!
The bad thing about this is that you can go two ways: if you think your friend likes this guy just because you like him, especially if you like him a lot then I'd say for you to ask her if she could back off - politely - but if she's a really good friend, then it's definitely not worth losing a friendship over a boy.
Good luck with whatever you choose!
X

It looks like he likes you!! I don't know about you but personally I would ask him out first especially if he seems a bit shy. Waiting is no fun and even if he says no, you can still be friends :]
Good luck!

its okay. she did say she didnt like him that much when i told her that we shouldnt fight over a boy..... and we are friends again and she moved on to a different boy.....

#77 sweet.chickadee.miss.krys

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,342 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 12:05 AM

well, thanks. i took your advise and now where friends again............ i should have asked when i earlier and we might have been fiends already.... thanks so much. ;) i told him that i was sorry about pulling away from him when he tried to kiss me on the cheek at lunch but i really didnt mind it and i didnt expect it and then he said he thought i was grossed out by him and thats why he was ignoring me. i felt so bad and gave him a hug. so now we talk now ;)

its okay. she did say she didnt like him that much when i told her that we shouldnt fight over a boy..... and we are friends again and she moved on to a different boy.....

Awww that's really good, I'm so glad that everything's worked out for you :]
X

#78 lily_li14

lily_li14

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 704 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 01:09 AM

Yeah, I'm posting on MCMB obscenely late at night during the school week. This is one of my many good life decisions.

It's come to my attention that I'm a bit socially inept, soooo...mind if I slip in here?

My situation is this: I had a long as hell relationship with my last boyfriend. Like, two years long. I broke up with him a few months ago, and I've noticed a horrible change in myself...I don't know how to flirt anymore. I am legit terrible at it. I'm finally interested in someone (for the purposes of this thread I will call him MJ, because that is his name), and I have NO IDEA how to make the first move. I can't even fathom how to get the slightest inkling that I might be somewhat curious about him into his head. I am further hindered by the fact that we've been friends for a good few years now. We always pair up and have lunch together during stage crew, and we're really jokey and almost naturally flirty, but I'm fairly certain if I want anything to happen I'M going to have to initiate, because I can't get a solid reading off him either way.

I want to do my best to ease into the whole thing, because number one, if he's really really not interested I don't want to scare him off and make things awkward, and number two, I literally can't flirt. My plan of attack right now is embarrassingly simple - I'm going to try touching him more. Not weird fangirl-molesty touching (THOUGH I AM TEMPTED), but I'd like to try being as physical with him as I am normally with my other friends. You can tell how bad I am at this by the fact that I'm posting on the interwebs about it, lmao.

#79 Goa_Grl

Goa_Grl

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 7,022 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 09:12 AM

I'm having the exact same problem. Like EXACT same problem. Boyfriend of two years and I broke up. Lack of flirtskillz.
My issues about my looks added to the mix. Makes flirting impossible.
And the shyness.

Amber

#80 IluvWill22

IluvWill22

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,275 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 07:47 PM

I've been putting this off for a long time, but I don't know how to say it...

Okay, well, when school started I met this guy who I'd never spoken to before (though I'd seen him last semester. Call him S.)
A few weeks later, my best friend (we'll call her J) came up to me, and our conversation went like this:
J: S really likes you, by the way.
Me: Really?
J: Yeah.
At the time, I found it laughable...and I was very surprised when I noticed he was sneeking glances at me...(He wasn't the friendliest person at the time, it seemed...) I was pretty shocked, because I could walk around nude and no one would notice (not that I did!)
So we ignored each other for a while...and soon...I found that he was a pretty good friend... I didn't pay much attention at first, but then I found myself smiling at him whenever he snuck a glance at me while my eyes were catching him...every time I walked through the door, I'd smile at him.. and then, like two weeks ago, I was walking J to detention when we saw him sitting by himself...
I spent the rest of lunch talking to him...and found that he was different than what I saw when I walked through the door on my first day.
He was a lot sweeter. I don't see that hard face anymore..except when he's angry...which is usually when someone's on his back about something...
If you said his name anywhere around my school, you'll either get a "Who's he?", "I know him.", or "You know that freak?"
Mostly the "I know him."'s are other girls who understand what he's going through and know why he's so angry.
But I don't hear that as much as the "freak" one. People are practicaly up his @$$ most of the time.
So, last friday, this other guy (L) asked me to the movies...I said no. (the significants is, he is really cute, and I wouldn't be harrassed by others for choosing the "gorilla" as some people call S.)
And on monday, S and I spent the day together. We talked the way we usualy do, but this time I chose to stay close to him. At one point I put my head on his shoulder and hugged his arm...(I was kinda in an awkward position. His backpack was kinda in the way, so I had to twist around it to hug him...)
And after that, when the bell rang, I stood up, hugged him, and kissed him on the cheek (my usual routine.) But he did something I kinda didn't expect...He kissed me.

...On the lips...
I'm pleasently surprised...it was my first kiss...

Nat :blush:

#81 mina1057

mina1057

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 09:18 PM

Awww that's really good, I'm so glad that everything's worked out for you :]
X

your like one of my best friends now lol
your like one of the people i should take advise from for nowone lol jk
i hope everything is good with you to

.:~:*MINA*:~:.

#82 Muffins_for_All

Muffins_for_All

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 735 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 10:10 PM

How would you feel if your best friend and ex-boyfriend (of two months) were confiding in one another and keeping secrets from you....secrets that largely had to do with you?

I want to punch myself in the face...

#83 lily_li14

lily_li14

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 704 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 01:17 PM

I'm having the exact same problem. Like EXACT same problem. Boyfriend of two years and I broke up. Lack of flirtskillz.
My issues about my looks added to the mix. Makes flirting impossible.
And the shyness.

Augh, the shyness. I don't even get it - I'll sing "Let's Get It On" at the top of my lungs in the hallway at school, but my face ignites if I even think about trying to ask him out. I can't even figure out how to get to that place with him where I could ask him out. He pulled me on to a couch with him at rehearsal for our play last night (we're both working backstage) and I got so flustered that I immediately tried to get up, only to be pushed back down pretty much on to his lap. I mean I'm clearly not complaining about being on top of him (BOW-CHICKA-WOW-WOW), but I have zero idea of what's flirty and what's totally obvious and coming on too strong.

There's another rehearsal tonight, so I guess I'm going to try and hang out with him a little more? It's hard to fit in since we both have jobs to do and the show's on a pretty tight schedule.

How would you feel if your best friend and ex-boyfriend (of two months) were confiding in one another and keeping secrets from you....secrets that largely had to do with you?

Um, ouch. Both the secret keeping and the self-punching. Personally, I'd want to punch THEM. Where they saying really awful things, or was it just the fact that they were talking behind your back?

#84 Orcagirl

Orcagirl

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,282 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 09:08 PM

That sucks. I don't know what I would do. I know that I would be hurt. You can try talking to your friend, but it's up to you. I'm sorry I can't help more.

So I have Christmas and birthday presents down. Now I just have to think of something for the anniversary.

#85 Ami

Ami

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Moderators
  • 9,185 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 01:38 PM

i think mine is more back and forth than yours is, though. i know what you mean about the friends, though. i have my best friend, but all my other friends are sort of gone, so if she's busy, i'm stuck. as far as my back and forth, though, although I didn't hear from K all weekend, last weekend he texted, using the pet name he hadn't used since we broke up, and calling me "exceptionally pretty" in a certain picture. Whatever happens, I think this break when he's home is going to be interesting.

but regardless of what does happen, i love you too, and i KNOW we will both be wonderful soon.

Love,
G :elmo:

i think i'm finally starting to get over him. thinking about him is just starting to annoy me, since i KNOW i should move on even though nothings really happened. he's no good for me. he just makes my moods fluctuate. when i talk to him, i get really happy, and when i dont, i'm just sad. and i used to think that it was his presence that made me happy, but its his absence that makes me sort of... well, depressed almsot. last week i was just lifeless. so yeah. today and yesterday, i've just been really happy, and i'm loving it :D haha.

how're you, graceykins?

luuuuuuuurve, ami . . x

#86 peanut_butter

peanut_butter

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 6,313 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 03:56 PM

My first kiss...*swoon* ^_^

Nat :)

cuuuuuute. i'm so happy for you

Yeah, I'm posting on MCMB obscenely late at night during the school week. This is one of my many good life decisions.

It's come to my attention that I'm a bit socially inept, soooo...mind if I slip in here?

My situation is this: I had a long as hell relationship with my last boyfriend. Like, two years long. I broke up with him a few months ago, and I've noticed a horrible change in myself...I don't know how to flirt anymore. I am legit terrible at it. I'm finally interested in someone (for the purposes of this thread I will call him MJ, because that is his name), and I have NO IDEA how to make the first move. I can't even fathom how to get the slightest inkling that I might be somewhat curious about him into his head. I am further hindered by the fact that we've been friends for a good few years now. We always pair up and have lunch together during stage crew, and we're really jokey and almost naturally flirty, but I'm fairly certain if I want anything to happen I'M going to have to initiate, because I can't get a solid reading off him either way.

I want to do my best to ease into the whole thing, because number one, if he's really really not interested I don't want to scare him off and make things awkward, and number two, I literally can't flirt. My plan of attack right now is embarrassingly simple - I'm going to try touching him more. Not weird fangirl-molesty touching (THOUGH I AM TEMPTED), but I'd like to try being as physical with him as I am normally with my other friends. You can tell how bad I am at this by the fact that I'm posting on the interwebs about it, lmao.

re: your second post... next time I would just try to not push him away. I mean, pushing legit looks like you're not interested. Maybe give him the fake push-off, but not really try, so he can pull you back, but then tease him about having you sit there? i dont know, i'm equally socially inept and have legitimaitely been into only one boy in like the history of forever, but this is as best as I can do: don't look like you're not interested.

I fail and I apologize for this, lily. You can still have me. :)

i think i'm finally starting to get over him. thinking about him is just starting to annoy me, since i KNOW i should move on even though nothings really happened. he's no good for me. he just makes my moods fluctuate. when i talk to him, i get really happy, and when i dont, i'm just sad. and i used to think that it was his presence that made me happy, but its his absence that makes me sort of... well, depressed almsot. last week i was just lifeless. so yeah. today and yesterday, i've just been really happy, and i'm loving it :D haha.

how're you, graceykins?

luuuuuuuurve, ami . . x

oh ami, I'm so happy for you. I love those feelings of free, just for yourself happiness. And i'm really glad you're loving it. And you really sound like you're moving into a good place, here.

yesterday k and i moved from the abstract 'oh, sure, we'll hang out when you're home' to plans on what we're actually going to do--there's a movie we both want to see, we're going to rent it, because we've both seen the beginning, blah blah blah. it's still not totally definite with a place and time and all the like, but it's getting closer.

still dont know how this will turn out.

love,

#87 sweet.chickadee.miss.krys

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,342 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 12:01 AM

your like one of my best friends now lol
your like one of the people i should take advise from for nowone lol jk
i hope everything is good with you to

.:~:*MINA*:~:.

Haha aww thank you, you're so sweet.
Haha I am really awful with boy advice but I basically went through what you're going through a little while ago and I'm really happy for you that everything is good :]
Yeah everything for me is really good thank you! :lol:
<3

#88 mina1057

mina1057

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 01:59 PM

Haha aww thank you, you're so sweet.
Haha I am really awful with boy advice but I basically went through what you're going through a little while ago and I'm really happy for you that everything is good :]
Yeah everything for me is really good thank you! :lol:
<3

i glad
well, he started dating this girl a day before we became friends again and his girlfriends hates me so now he's ignoring me again.
i know he doesnt want to ignore me but his girlfriends is a b****. should i talk to him about it or should i just leave him alone.
i think that if he really likes me then he shouldnt do that. should i tell him to choose or should i just let things go on like before i met him?
:(
im tired of this sh**.

#89 Orcagirl

Orcagirl

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,282 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 02:27 PM

i glad
well, he started dating this girl a day before we became friends again and his girlfriends hates me so now he's ignoring me again.
i know he doesnt want to ignore me but his girlfriends is a b****. should i talk to him about it or should i just leave him alone.
i think that if he really likes me then he shouldnt do that. should i tell him to choose or should i just let things go on like before i met him?
:(
im tired of this sh**.

I think that if he really likes, maybe even loves his girlfriend, you should back off. I know it sucks that he's ignoring you, but you should think about it from the perspective of someone who is in a relationship. If he just starting talking to you again not too long ago, that means that they just recently started going out and she may not be sure that she can trust him yet and that's why she doesn't want him to talk to you. I am in a relationship and it's taken me a while, but I'm finally not jealous of girls that my boyfriend talks to. However, it was difficult at the beginning of our relationship. He's probably not talking to you out of respect for her. I would wait and let him start talking to you, unless it's months (probably between 4 and 6) since he last talked to you. If you really want to be his friend then you need to respect his decision. He may really like this girl and you don't want to jeopardize their relationship. Are you thinking that he likes you as a potential girlfriend? If so please wait for him to come to you. It's better he be the one to break up with his girlfriend and go out with you because he wants to rather than him feeling like he needs to because you want him to. Don't make him choose. You'll probably lose if he's a decent guy. I know that sounds mean, but I feel that relationships, even when the people are young, are serious things. You don't want to mess with them because they have all the potential in the world. I hope I don't offend you. I'm just trying to tell you there is another side to this and as a girlfriend I'd be pissed if there was this girl who kept trying to talk to my boyfriend after he (and maybe I) said no. If you were her you wouldn't want someone to do something like that.

#90 sassysweetstart

sassysweetstart

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 6,692 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 09:29 PM

Sooooo. Meeting his family..... Lol. He brought it up again. For next weekend. Vefore I head to the States. God help me.

I need to let him know soon.

someone throw a dart at me or something. Now!

And Lilly. I have teh sam exact problems you are having.

As exampled from the above.

I am such a *#&$%%ign baby.

~sigh~

kat

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users