Ami

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Moderators
  • 9,185 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 06:06 AM

Posted Image

Please read the following:

Hey everyone!

Welcome to the new Relationships thread!

Here are some things to remember when posting in this thread:

:spinstar: Please remember to abide by the MCMB Guidelines

:spinstar: Please show respect to one another. We want harmony here. Although, there may be disagreements once in awhile, please always treat others with the respect they deserve.

:spinstar: Please remember to keep all posts relevant to this thread. If you would like to discuss other matters, please post in any of the other threads here in OT. Please note that this is not meant to be used as a chat thread. Feel free to discuss relationships, but don't go off-topic.

:spinstar: Please remember to keep things real. By that, we mean to ask that you only post about real relationships. Why would this even be an issue? As stupid or ridiculous as this may seem, we don't want to see posts made about relationships that are fake or a figment of the imagination.

:spinstar: Please don't use chatspeak here, but instead, speak in proper English. MCMB is open to all people from around the world with many members who have English as their second language. By using chatspeak, it can be difficult for not only them, but fluent English speakers as well, to understand.

:spinstar: Please remember that this thread is open to all people. There should be no cliques or any exclusivity.

:spinstar: Please be aware that there may be some mature content found on this thread.

Most importantly,

:spinstar: Have fun!

:heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat:

Luuuuurve, Ami . . X

Disclaimer: The banner was created by Ali [Ari-San] and the original photo can be found on Deviantart

#2 peanut_butter

peanut_butter

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 6,313 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 10:42 AM

I've managed to get into the same pickle with that boy again. I am never going to learn.

Luuuuurve, Ami . . X

Oh dear! Details--what happened?

Eep first poster :D

Love,
Gracey :elmo:

#3 Sapphire9653

Sapphire9653

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 04:40 PM

Megan - No other opportunities to see him? School functions? Mutual friends? :(

No. He goes to a different school. When we were little we like used to go to the same church together, but now we don't. I see his dad around sometimes, but he isn't always with him. Next time I DO see him though I am totally going to try to get his e-mail adresse. Would that be ok, you think? And then we are back to how stinky my life is :icon_mecry2: .

~Megan

#4 Hope.xo

Hope.xo

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 02:36 PM

Hey everyone, I'm really new to the MCMB - (and really new to High School too, freshman year is kicking my ass, I don't understand people, like at all). So, erm, hi.

#5 kiya12309

kiya12309

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 02:38 PM

Hi! I'm Lauren! Welcome to MCMB!

#6 limbo_monkey

limbo_monkey

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 487 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 04:59 PM

Megan - Nothing wrong with emails :) ...usually....... :P I hope you get it!

Hope.xo - Hello! I'm Karin :)

So girlies I have a quiz for you!!! Yaaaayyyyy a quizz.

What did Karin do in the last 24 hours?
A. Sent Charles a message saying we're officially taking a break.
B. Absolutely no homework.
C. Hooked up with one of her close friends.
D. All of the above

.....wellllll......... some hints: Charles is going to hate me, I am a master procrastinator, and I have a newfound understanding of the term "beardburn."

Fu©k my life much?

Love you all! -Karin

#7 Sapphire9653

Sapphire9653

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 05:40 PM

So sorry Karin. It'll be ok. :D We should form a "Who's Life Stinks the Most" forum!

~Megan

#8 Goa_Grl

Goa_Grl

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 7,022 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 12:36 PM

Karin: Aww. At least you had fun :P
Boys don't look twice at me...except for creeps. Oh and one guy in my circle of friends when he was drunk was flirting with me and kept bringing me drinks and I was like: D get me this/that/the other
and he did
and when i asked why his reply was: I'm a guy, you're wearing a short skirt.

Oh woah. I just realised, D above, and TB both have the same first name...scary.

I have a quiz

What highly depressing fact about the boy did amber discover:

A. He does'nt drink OJ
B. He isn't a harry potter fan/didnt read the books
C. He never played pokémon
D. He spends time on FML but not on MLIA
E. All of the above but B is the one that I find most disturbing

#9 peanut_butter

peanut_butter

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 6,313 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 05:24 PM

What did Karin do in the last 24 hours?
A. Sent Charles a message saying we're officially taking a break.
B. Absolutely no homework.
C. Hooked up with one of her close friends.
D. All of the above

.....wellllll......... some hints: Charles is going to hate me, I am a master procrastinator, and I have a newfound understanding of the term "beardburn."

Fu©k my life much?

Love you all! -Karin

Eep. Well, I don't know if this is necessarily what you want to hear, but I really think you need to end this thing with Charles once and for all. Your dragging this out at this point is only hurting you both. You should just let it go, I think. And if your hooking up with one of your close friends is any indication, you dont really want to be with him any more, either...

Just rip the band aid off, you know?

Boys don't look twice at me...except for creeps.

If it makes you feel better, boys don't actually look at me twice at all.
I'm not looking for pity, I'm just saying. :P

I need to go to college.

Love,

#10 limbo_monkey

limbo_monkey

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 487 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 08:07 PM

Amber - Get him to read them :) Then he'll be a fan!! And guys will pay attention once they get to know you better, don't worry.

Grace - Yeah, we ended things last night. Pretty depressing phone call.. but I had friends to cuddle with after and it was ok, we lived. Just bummed.

...But then the movie ended and I fell asleep on the couch in the guys' room.. the hook-up one was super sweet and got me a pillow/blanket... I woke up around 11 haha. Got coffee from the boy
Spoiler

Love you all! -Karin

#11 Ami

Ami

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Moderators
  • 9,185 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 11:35 AM

Oh dear! Details--what happened?

Eep first poster :D

Love,

I was in a funny mood where I needed cheering up and I went all i'll-do-things-that-i-know-i'll-regret-later-so-you'll-stay-and-talk-to-me.

On the plus side, things I said I'd do I can't do because his parents are realllyyy strict and demand to know where he is at all times, and he has sisters so it's not like I can come over to his and then because his parents are so strict, he wont be able to come over to mine. I'm in such a mess. I want closure BUT I JUST CAN'T GET IT. It is ridiculous. He just makes me laugh and smile and be happy when I'm in the worst of moods. And I miss him and feel horrible and terrible when he's pissed/not talking to me.

Luuuuuuurve, Ami . . X

#12 violagirl

violagirl

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 3,381 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 09:59 PM

Hey everyone, sorry I have not been on here in forever, school has been crazy busy for me lately! I really need advice on something:

So last year I went to a Halloween parade with my friend J and her best friend and another friend of hers from school went and I felt like a total outsider around them. They did not talk to me much and I ended up getting ditched since they went to another event afterwards and did not invite me but still talked about it in front of me. So anyways I was planning to go with a couple of friends that I went to high school with and J knows them too. However, one of them does not talk to her anymore and the other only sees her if she and I plan something and we include her too. But otherwise J had asked me to go to the parade a couple of weeks ago and I had told her that I was going with other people and we could hang out later in the day and it did not get brought up until she texted me today asking if I would want to go to it together. I honestly don't want her to go after what happened last year and want it to be just us three. I'm worried though if I tell her I'm going with people from school, she might go with other people and see me there and get mad at me. I'm not sure what to do but I do know I don't want to include her should she decide to bring along the people from last year and exclude everyone again. So should I just tell her and hope she doesn't see me there? Any advice I'd greatly appreciate.

#13 sassysweetstart

sassysweetstart

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 6,692 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 07:29 AM

Gracey -first off you made my day when you said you were applying to my former school. Especially because even though I do not go there anymore my sister lives right near there. So you know fate can be mighty funny:P

Second- After dealing with my sister and her break-up(she wants to do the whole things bit which is all well and good if 1) The person wants to do the friends bit and 2) he is not acting like an arrogant prick) I finally understand why I did what I did with Christoff. I know alot of people don't understand it but in the end he really was a jackass. And to hold on to that was and is not healthy.

Third- Death never gets easy. Ever. Even when you know it is coming it still hurts like hell.

Fourth- I do not know the deal with popo boy. zhe has been good but ehhh.

It maybe I am just not in a great place right now emotionally after this week but he did send flowers and a card to me and he told me he would do shots with me when I got back. So that is a plus.

So how is everyone? What is up with you guys?

Kat

#14 Goa_Grl

Goa_Grl

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 7,022 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 02:32 PM

Kat: *huggles* We need to talk soon. I'm always here for you, hope you know that. *huggles*

Amber

#15 violagirl

violagirl

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 3,381 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 03:52 PM

Hey everyone, sorry I have not been on here in forever, school has been crazy busy for me lately! I really need advice on something:

So last year I went to a Halloween parade with my friend J and her best friend and another friend of hers from school went and I felt like a total outsider around them. They did not talk to me much and I ended up getting ditched since they went to another event afterwards and did not invite me but still talked about it in front of me. So anyways I was planning to go with a couple of friends that I went to high school with and J knows them too. However, one of them does not talk to her anymore and the other only sees her if she and I plan something and we include her too. But otherwise J had asked me to go to the parade a couple of weeks ago and I had told her that I was going with other people and we could hang out later in the day and it did not get brought up until she texted me today asking if I would want to go to it together. I honestly don't want her to go after what happened last year and want it to be just us three. I'm worried though if I tell her I'm going with people from school, she might go with other people and see me there and get mad at me. I'm not sure what to do but I do know I don't want to include her should she decide to bring along the people from last year and exclude everyone again. So should I just tell her and hope she doesn't see me there? Any advice I'd greatly appreciate.

Never mind with this guys, I figured things out with J. :)

Gracey -first off you made my day when you said you were applying to my former school. Especially because even though I do not go there anymore my sister lives right near there. So you know fate can be mighty funny:P

Second- After dealing with my sister and her break-up(she wants to do the whole things bit which is all well and good if 1) The person wants to do the friends bit and 2) he is not acting like an arrogant prick) I finally understand why I did what I did with Christoff. I know alot of people don't understand it but in the end he really was a jackass. And to hold on to that was and is not healthy.

Third- Death never gets easy. Ever. Even when you know it is coming it still hurts like hell.

Fourth- I do not know the deal with popo boy. zhe has been good but ehhh.

It maybe I am just not in a great place right now emotionally after this week but he did send flowers and a card to me and he told me he would do shots with me when I got back. So that is a plus.

So how is everyone? What is up with you guys?

Kat

Aw, *huggles Kat* You deserve better then the way that Christoff was treating you and it sounds like you made the best decision for yourself. And I hope things with your sister's breakup turn out for the best. I hope things continue to get better with the guy you are interested in. And on your third point *huggles again* death never does seem to get easy. I'm here if you ever want to talk.

Not much new with me. I've been crazy busy with school and have not had much time to get on here at all. Not much has gone on with M (this really cute guy in my math class for those of you I have not mentioned it to). How is everyone else doing?

#16 peanut_butter

peanut_butter

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 6,313 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 11:09 PM

Grace - Yeah, we ended things last night. Pretty depressing phone call.. but I had friends to cuddle with after and it was ok, we lived. Just bummed.

...But then the movie ended and I fell asleep on the couch in the guys' room.. the hook-up one was super sweet and got me a pillow/blanket... I woke up around 11 haha. Got coffee from the boy

Spoiler

Love you all! -Karin

Well first I'm sorry about the thing with Charles. That's always hard.

But no, definitely not. And maybe this response is somewhat tainted by the fact that I'm in one of those moods where I really miss having someone. I mean, the thing I miss most about this year is having people who know me around. Because whatever you may say about K, he really did know me very well, and two of my good friends knew me, and I feel like I'm never quite completely me with all this other stuff going on. Because I'm not doing things with people who know me well enough to understand.

And I also just wish I had someone to be cuddly with. I miss cuddly and all the good feelings that go with it.

But so no, definitely not a bad person.

I was in a funny mood where I needed cheering up and I went all i'll-do-things-that-i-know-i'll-regret-later-so-you'll-stay-and-talk-to-me.

On the plus side, things I said I'd do I can't do because his parents are realllyyy strict and demand to know where he is at all times, and he has sisters so it's not like I can come over to his and then because his parents are so strict, he wont be able to come over to mine. I'm in such a mess. I want closure BUT I JUST CAN'T GET IT. It is ridiculous. He just makes me laugh and smile and be happy when I'm in the worst of moods. And I miss him and feel horrible and terrible when he's pissed/not talking to me.

Luuuuuuurve, Ami . . X

Oh my god I hate those moods. But I also hate those boys. I hate when they can mess with your feelings, and I'd love to tell you to not let him mess with you, but I know that's like telling the sky not to be blue--it is going to happen. It won't always happen, and it won't happen with every boy, but man. Isn't it the worst when they can twist with your feelings?

And my method might not be the most effective, or the most healthy.... But for me closure usually comes in a conscious decision just to NOT talk to them anymore. I'll delete them on facebook, take them off my AIM list, don't meet their eye at school. It's passive aggressive and *%^##y, sure, but it sort of helps me get some semblance of straightness in my head.

Just fodder for thought.

Kat

You were...Vassar, right? If I'm remembering correctly...

Love,

#17 sassysweetstart

sassysweetstart

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 6,692 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 01:22 PM

Amber- Thanks:) I know. ~hugs~

Laura- Thanks ~hugs~ I know. I definitely did. For a short period )mostly on his part) he just wanted to take a short break but nothing was going to change and whats more is that he got kind of posessive and just not good at all during that time.
And the thing is is that I was kind of like my sister is now. I didn;t want to beleive the worst about someone but a cheater is a cheater. And I am not going to be with someone like that. I deserve BETTEr then someone like that. I just wish I wasn;t so guarded, Like I know its my choice but I am having a really hard time opening up and this is just makes it worse.
And so do I. Unless it is an absolute perfect break-up You can not be freidns with your ex. You just can't. She needs to realize that but she does not want to hear it and at the moment I am a little pissed at her. She didn't come to my uncles funeral. And both my mother and I told her we would pay for her to fly out and she said no she would rather work (she has to leave her job because of rent because she lived with her boyfriend and he just walked out etc etc so she does not want to take any vacation right now..basically because of money) So basically her prioroties are majorly *#&$%%ed up.

No it doesn't and it *#&$%%ing sucks.

On the boy news front. Because it is Halloween we are ging to go do shots (My Uncle loved Jack. So did my grandfather my uncle and even my dad. They would sit sipping it and just talk and what not) in memory of him which is really sweet of him.

Gracey- Yup!:) I loved it there. And really debated leaving. What is your number one choice?

kat

#18 peanut_butter

peanut_butter

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 6,313 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 02:19 PM

^University of Chicago or Brown. I sent my app to the former yesterday!!

So I'm reminding myself that there is a good chance that, if I happen to have a flirtthing with any boy at this party tonight, that I will regret it later.

But maybe there will be boys that I do not know!

Somehow I doubt that.

Regret it later, regret it later...

Love,

#19 Ami

Ami

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Moderators
  • 9,185 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 09:56 PM

Oh my god I hate those moods. But I also hate those boys. I hate when they can mess with your feelings, and I'd love to tell you to not let him mess with you, but I know that's like telling the sky not to be blue--it is going to happen. It won't always happen, and it won't happen with every boy, but man. Isn't it the worst when they can twist with your feelings?

And my method might not be the most effective, or the most healthy.... But for me closure usually comes in a conscious decision just to NOT talk to them anymore. I'll delete them on facebook, take them off my AIM list, don't meet their eye at school. It's passive aggressive and *%^##y, sure, but it sort of helps me get some semblance of straightness in my head.

Just fodder for thought.

Love,

well turns out he doesnt like me. not that i got that from the source, but from one of his best friends. well, i got told that he likes someone else (bless the guy who told me. my best friend told him that i liked said boy and he didnt know what to say and he was soo sweet about it). so yeah. he likes someone else. but was... leading me on? i dont know exactly. the last conversation we had certainly seemed like it.

but i cant deal with being in a one-stremed relationship. if its even that. so yeah. he's not very easy to get hold of, and when i do, i can never seem to tell him this so i'm not sure how thats going to work. i guess it just wont. oh well. i spent a good ten minutes crying today (my best friend was with me and i disappeared for twenty minutes, so when i got back she'd sort of guessed why i was gone for so long). i just kajdskjdlaskjdlkajsdlskjdlaskjdlksajl. i liked him. and i can never seem to get guys to like me back EXCEPT for the fact that apparently i'm "a willing subject." its not true and its not fair.

i'm going to see the guy who told me that said boy likes someone else tomorrow with my best friend. so that should be interesting. haha.

why does this happen to me, g? i'm such a tard.

#20 Mediator17

Mediator17

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 5,670 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 07:03 AM

Spoiler

ami - this boy is NOT worth your time baby :( try to get your mind off of him. i know in your situation it's hard, but you said yourself you're confused and upset and you don't deserve that. Urghh this boy as well, I HONESTLY want to punch his face out. Don't enable him, you're lovely and amazing and if all he wants to do is toss your feelings around SCREW HIM you don't need to give him the time of day. a dose of "the world doesn't revolve around you and you're a dumbass for not chasing one of the best girls on the planet so screw you" might give him a little wake up call.

G - don't regret it :) it's so much better that way. just have fun, love you :)

how is everyone? i need a miniupdate :D

xxxxxxx

#21 peanut_butter

peanut_butter

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 6,313 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 12:22 PM

why does this happen to me, g? i'm such a tard.

ditto everything mel said. he really is just a jerk. and it's absolutley absolutely not your fault. seriously, you're a great girl, and while the waiting game sucks, you will find someone who appreciates that I PROMISE. in the meantime, try not to worry about boys that suck. they exist, we all fall for them every once and a while, but there are good ones out there, too. there really are good ones out there.

Spoiler

xxxxxxx

eh didn't happen. too much of an everyone-knew-everyone thing. the party actually kind of sucked.

and mel, i'm very strongly part of the no-regrets camp. it may not be the kind of behavior you want to characterize yourself with, but everyone does things that are crazy every once and a while. so i wouldn't worry about it. chances are that everyone else is a little fuzzy on the details, too.

love you too, both of you.

Love,

#22 the_tall_girl

the_tall_girl

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 12,332 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 01:11 PM

so i don't usually post here, but i need help. i have this friend who's thinking of starting a, uh, "gay alliance club" thing. i don't even know what she's going to call it. it's basically a club for like gay, bisexual, confused--whoever, people. which is fine. i don't really care. but she invited me to join it. like out of the blue. and our school doesn't have a great tolerance of gay/bi people. our tolerance isn't bad, but it's certainly not good. now my friend (who's thinking of opening this club) i haven't know her for long. but i know she's had like some trouble with a few friends calling her a lesbian or whatever. honestly, i don't know what she is. i have no clue. she has these odd mannerisms that automatically make people think "gay!". you know? i can't ask her either because i don't want her to offend her or whatever. a mutual friend of ours told me she was bi but honestly i don't know who to believe.

but that's not the thing. i don't care what and who she likes. that's not the point. but she hasn't told me. and it sort of makes me... mad? i dunno. it's weird. and then there's the other part where if i join this soon to be club, people are gonna start talking and crap. "julia's a lesbian now!?" which i'm not. i'm thoroughly straight. but high school's really not my cup of tea. i hate it and i'm going through some stuff right now. i don't want this to make things worse for me.

i want to support her. but i don't because people will start talking and i feel like why should i support this club if she doesn't have the balls to even tell me if she's bi/gay? and i can't ask her because it might offend her. i'm so confused. i don't know what to do.

#23 xx.Phoebe.xx

xx.Phoebe.xx

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 3,626 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 02:25 PM

^ I think maybe you should take a risk and ask her. Sure, she might get offended but if she is bi or a lesbian, she shouldn't be ashamed of telling her friends. :)

Phoebe

#24 Ami

Ami

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Moderators
  • 9,185 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 02:51 PM

Spoiler

ami - this boy is NOT worth your time baby :( try to get your mind off of him. i know in your situation it's hard, but you said yourself you're confused and upset and you don't deserve that. Urghh this boy as well, I HONESTLY want to punch his face out. Don't enable him, you're lovely and amazing and if all he wants to do is toss your feelings around SCREW HIM you don't need to give him the time of day. a dose of "the world doesn't revolve around you and you're a dumbass for not chasing one of the best girls on the planet so screw you" might give him a little wake up call.

xxxxxxx

wooaaahhh there mel! sounds like you had a good night ;) lol.

ditto everything mel said. he really is just a jerk. and it's absolutley absolutely not your fault. seriously, you're a great girl, and while the waiting game sucks, you will find someone who appreciates that I PROMISE. in the meantime, try not to worry about boys that suck. they exist, we all fall for them every once and a while, but there are good ones out there, too. there really are good ones out there.

Love,

my friend from my old school said something to me the other day that really upset me -- because it was soo brutal, yet soo true. there was a reason i left my old school, and sure, if people ask me why, i'll say it's academics, but it wasn't. and i need to forget about certain people. at first, i got mad, thinking, why is J included in this group of people? the people i need to forget? and although i dont know why... i understand it. i need to get over him, and in order to do that, i've got to forget him.

and i'm sort of a bit fed up of people who're telling me that it's not worth it anymore. that i've taken it too far and that... i don't know. it just wont work. i KNOW it wont work, but i cant accept it. my best friend who was egging me on to do it (sort of) admitted that to me today and... i dont know. she's right i suppose. i've taken it too far and now its time to move on, i guess.

but none of that really sunk in until i heard it from you guys. i need to just get him out of my head. this isnt what i want. its just so, freaking hard. so, for that, thank you guys. you dont know how much you guys have sort of... i dont know... made me realise how ridiculous this whole situation is.

but one thing i realised this morning waking up... he's never once complimented me. i cant think of one time. i'm sure he did when i was at his school... but no. even when we were getting really flirty... not once did he say something particularly nice. and... i dont think i deserve to feel inferior to him.

so yeah. i'm going to... detox, i guess. whatever. i'm just worried about what happens when i get lonely and he seems to be online (which he rarely is. he picks his moments, that boy).

at least i have you guys :D

i love you both sooo much <3333333

luuuuuurve, ami . . x

#25 sassysweetstart

sassysweetstart

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 6,692 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 03:05 PM

Ami- I agree with Mel and Gracey. It does seem to me like hwas leading you on which he is a scumbag on his part for doing that. You will find someone who will treat you and love you the way you should be treated and loved ~huggles~

Melsie- You go girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And good for you. Regrets are pointless and you are right you are only young once.

Spoiler

~hugs~ You go girl!:)

Gracey-Lou- Oooo. Nice. But you know that you want to go to Vassar!:P. Lol. Joking aside good luck! You'll definitely get in!
And why would you regret it? You are young and free! Lol.

Jules ~hugs~ You can always decline politely from it. Also (and I might be a little not with it right now. LOL) but if it is a club for Gays, Bi's, and Lesbians wouldn;t she only want people who are actually the bove to join? And also if you mentioned that to her maybe she would tell you whether she was bi or lesbian or not.

So last night I did shots with popo boy (I had a competition and he came with me which was really sweet of him) and um yeah we uh kind of went back to his room and nothing happened per se but I did wake up this morning in bed in a very akward position with him.

I am still not sure how I feel about it lol. We have never stayed over at each others place or in a hotel room etc. I mean I have stayed until liek four o'clock (basically when I have had to go to practice and/or school) in the morning but usually we are asleep on the couch or something.
And I am not sure how I feel bout it. Should I go with it? Should I say something? WHat?

kat

#26 sassysweetstart

sassysweetstart

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 6,692 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 03:16 PM

Ami You sound liek me and you sound like my sister.

And my advice? Be like I am. And not how my sister is at the moment. (She is trying to be friends and basically kissing his ass after he treated her like crap)
When I broke it off with Christoff I had so many people telling me that I shouldn't have, To give him a chance etc. And I almost believed it. I almost believed him. But you know what? I never was completely honest with people (olr even myself for that matter) I tried to make excuses for him and to listen to people make excuses about him. But it was not my job, my responsibility or my fault to feel gui;ty for what he had done to me or for how he treated me. It did not matter because in the end I deserved better. and it was hard as hell and hurt like hell. I was throwing four *#&$%%ing years of my life away pretty much (and there were some good points in that) but in the end you deserve better. It does not matter what other people say or what the guy says it matters how you are being treated.

Whats more. Is if your principles are being tested an dnot ina good way follow those and stick to them. Because no guy should try to test those in a bad way.

~hugs~

kat

#27 Sapphire9653

Sapphire9653

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 03:59 PM

so i don't usually post here, but i need help. i have this friend who's thinking of starting a, uh, "gay alliance club" thing. i don't even know what she's going to call it. it's basically a club for like gay, bisexual, confused--whoever, people. which is fine. i don't really care. but she invited me to join it. like out of the blue. and our school doesn't have a great tolerance of gay/bi people. our tolerance isn't bad, but it's certainly not good. now my friend (who's thinking of opening this club) i haven't know her for long. but i know she's had like some trouble with a few friends calling her a lesbian or whatever. honestly, i don't know what she is. i have no clue. she has these odd mannerisms that automatically make people think "gay!". you know? i can't ask her either because i don't want her to offend her or whatever. a mutual friend of ours told me she was bi but honestly i don't know who to believe.

but that's not the thing. i don't care what and who she likes. that's not the point. but she hasn't told me. and it sort of makes me... mad? i dunno. it's weird. and then there's the other part where if i join this soon to be club, people are gonna start talking and crap. "julia's a lesbian now!?" which i'm not. i'm thoroughly straight. but high school's really not my cup of tea. i hate it and i'm going through some stuff right now. i don't want this to make things worse for me.

i want to support her. but i don't because people will start talking and i feel like why should i support this club if she doesn't have the balls to even tell me if she's bi/gay? and i can't ask her because it might offend her. i'm so confused. i don't know what to do.

I think that you can still support your friend even though you aren't in the club. Tell her that it would be an uncomfortable situation for you or something like that. On second thought, maybe you shouldn't say exactly that, or she'll get offended...hmmmm. You get what I'm saying though, right? I understand why you would be in the club, but if you are "thoroughly straight" I think it would be kind of akward to be in it...or maybe it's just me. I'm sorry this probably isn't much help...

~Megan

#28 Ami

Ami

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Moderators
  • 9,185 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 05:17 PM

Ami- I agree with Mel and Gracey. It does seem to me like hwas leading you on which he is a scumbag on his part for doing that. You will find someone who will treat you and love you the way you should be treated and loved ~huggles~

Melsie- You go girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And good for you. Regrets are pointless and you are right you are only young once.

Spoiler

Gracey-Lou- Oooo. Nice. But you know that you want to go to Vassar!:P. Lol. Joking aside good luck! You'll definitely get in!

Jules ~hugs~ You can always decline politely from it. Also (and I might be a little not with it right now. LOL) but if it is a club for Gays, Bi's, and Lesbians wouldn;t she only want people who are actually the bove to join? And also if you mentioned that to her maybe she would tell you whether she was bi or lesbian or not.

So last night I did shots with popo boy (I had a competition and he came with me which was really sweet of him) and um yeah we uh kind of went back to his room and nothing happened per se but I did wake up this morning in bed in a very akward position with him.

I am still not sure how I feel about it lol. We have never stayed over at each others place or in a hotel room etc. I mean I have stayed until liek four o'clock (basically when I have had to go to practice and/or school) in the morning but usually we are asleep on the couch or something.
And I am not sure how I feel bout it. Should I go with it? Should I say something? WHat?

kat

Ami You sound liek me and you sound like my sister.

And my advice? Be like I am. And not how my sister is at the moment. (She is trying to be friends and basically kissing his ass after he treated her like crap)
When I broke it off with Christoff I had so many people telling me that I shouldn't have, To give him a chance etc. And I almost believed it. I almost believed him. But you know what? I never was completely honest with people (olr even myself for that matter) I tried to make excuses for him and to listen to people make excuses about him. But it was not my job, my responsibility or my fault to feel gui;ty for what he had done to me or for how he treated me. It did not matter because in the end I deserved better. and it was hard as hell and hurt like hell. I was throwing four *#&$%%ing years of my life away pretty much (and there were some good points in that) but in the end you deserve better. It does not matter what other people say or what the guy says it matters how you are being treated.

Whats more. Is if your principles are being tested an dnot ina good way follow those and stick to them. Because no guy should try to test those in a bad way.

~hugs~

kat

awwww, kat, i love you <3 thank you for that. i really do appreciate it.

i think i'm going to go with what gracey mentioned before -- about blocking people out of my life completely. i dont think i can block him on msn, because i still dont feel as if he's done anything particularly wrong (that he knows of) although i'm pretty sure he just used me. i dont want to end up hating him, or him hating me. i just need an exit from him, is all. i'm going to end up seeing him at least once this month which is a rather scary thought -- the guy who told me he liked someone else? yeah, he's having a party and has invited me and one of my friends from my new school whom he met today. and J is definately going to be there. and then Js best friends so-called party that keeps on getting cancelled. i said i'd go, and i will. because S (Js best friend) has always been such a good friend to me and if i didnt go, i'd never forgive myself. and then depending on whether he was invited or not, i'll see him at this OTHER guys party (dear lord, this is getting complicated >.<). although i dont think he's been invited to that last party...

he did lead me on... but i sort of helped. i do blame myself for the majority of what happened. i HAVE to take responsibility.

luuuuuurve, ami . . x

#29 Ami

Ami

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Moderators
  • 9,185 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 05:57 PM

and he just texted me. he never texts me. and he's being nice. this must be some twisted joke. he's texting from a different number as well...

i'm replying so that i dont seem rude. because thats one thing i reaallly dont want to be.

he's already drained my minutes and now he's going to drain my texts and i cant stop myself >.<

luuuuurve, ami . . x

#30 limbo_monkey

limbo_monkey

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 487 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 10:27 PM

Kat - My sympathies to you regarding your uncle... that hurts. But at least popo boy was there for you :) and he sounds like a gentleman at least, if nothing happened! If all you two did was sleep, I don't really see how much has changed - or if you have to go along with anything. Then again, I have skewed ideas when it comes to guys :P let us know how he handled it?

Ami - I'm sorry about things with J.. but at least the other guy had the decency/heart to tell you, and honestly J sounds like an ass. And if you see him at the parties, be the bigger person and just be civil, cordial.. with absolutely no emotion. He wasn't fair to you, but keep in mind that he possibly doesn't realize that and probably had no intentions to do so. And you will find a guy to like you back, I promise. I had difficulty with that in high school (geez, I had a huge crush on Charles since, like.. sophomore year...), but things changed once I got here. New crowd, new people... and folks change in general. It gets easier as time goes by :) believe me for years I was always the one crushing hopelessly on the boys with absolutely NO response. But we live! I hope the parties aren't too hard on you..
And regarding the texts - perhaps something like "Look I enjoy texting you but maybe could we save this for when I'm not so low on texts? My plan's screwy, but talk later, ok?" would suffice?

Mel - That sounds fun :) I kinda wish I could go do something like that.. but at the moment I am confined to crutches, and B is being so sweet that I think I would hate myself if I did.

Julia - Tell your friend to start up a Gay/Straight Alliance; it's a big organization, and you can start local chapters. And if she's asking you to join, she's looking for support from her community - and has no obligation to tell you "what she is." You can ask her if you want, but she does not need to divulge her identity in order to justify what she's starting. It might be incredibly personal to her - if she wants to tell you, she will. Believe her, and until she tells you, why does it matter? It has nothing whatsoever to do with balls - and good god do not confront her about it.
I'm sorry high school isn't treating you well :( joining this club could maybe introduce you to a different circle - different friends? Expanding might help some :) and things will get better, dear. And if joining makes things worse for you, then honestly what does that say about the people in question?

So B.. oooh dear. After the day spent in his room, things were a little skirty/tense for a bit but then cleared up.. :) I was leaving their suite one night, and he followed me out the door to kiss me goodnight. And then Thursday I sprained(or fractured?) my ankle in a bike accident.. lovely. He's been so helpful since then- getting stuff from my room for me, helping me around, he and BestFriend (who visited at a very opportune time!) piggybacked me to and from BestFriend's car.. And then Friday. We were all hanging out, ate take-out in their room.. and then while the Girl and I baked, the guys all went out and got high. B joined us in the kitchen later, tried to get an arm around my shoulders, I brushed him away. Later he asked me about it, I told him potheads bug me- which after a bit led to a huge conversation about how he was glad I reminded him where his priorities lay, etc.etc... and I ended up just sleeping there. (No sex.) And then Halloween, he and his friends got me a shopping cart to ride around in so I wouldn't have to hobble.. and guess where I slept again?

...so yeah, I have no idea where things are going with us, I don't want a relationship just after Charles and I died. But he's so sweet, and I feel I should ask him what he wants.... hm. In the meantime though, I'll let him help me around and be a pillow :)

Love you all! -Karin

#31 peanut_butter

peanut_butter

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 6,313 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 11:22 PM

my friend from my old school said something to me the other day that really upset me -- because it was soo brutal, yet soo true. there was a reason i left my old school, and sure, if people ask me why, i'll say it's academics, but it wasn't. and i need to forget about certain people. at first, i got mad, thinking, why is J included in this group of people? the people i need to forget? and although i dont know why... i understand it. i need to get over him, and in order to do that, i've got to forget him.

and i'm sort of a bit fed up of people who're telling me that it's not worth it anymore. that i've taken it too far and that... i don't know. it just wont work. i KNOW it wont work, but i cant accept it. my best friend who was egging me on to do it (sort of) admitted that to me today and... i dont know. she's right i suppose. i've taken it too far and now its time to move on, i guess.

but none of that really sunk in until i heard it from you guys. i need to just get him out of my head. this isnt what i want. its just so, freaking hard. so, for that, thank you guys. you dont know how much you guys have sort of... i dont know... made me realise how ridiculous this whole situation is.

but one thing i realised this morning waking up... he's never once complimented me. i cant think of one time. i'm sure he did when i was at his school... but no. even when we were getting really flirty... not once did he say something particularly nice. and... i dont think i deserve to feel inferior to him.

so yeah. i'm going to... detox, i guess. whatever. i'm just worried about what happens when i get lonely and he seems to be online (which he rarely is. he picks his moments, that boy).

luuuuuurve, ami . . x

i hear you on the detox. and you do not deserve to feel inferior to anyone. when someone is good for you in a real way, you will legitimately feel wonderful and special and you wont feel like you need to prove anything. and sometimes getting away from people is a good thing.

as for the online thing, delete his screenname. this is a tried-and-true gracey method of not letting yourself think about it.

kat

haha thanks.
and i'd regret it because i dont really want to be in a relationship right now, and they're all kind of friends, so a flirtation would lead to speculations i dont want hanging around.

sooo. K is online right now and so am I, and while I was briefly tempted to talk to him, I then realized that I don't really want to. This feels like progress.

love,

#32 PrincessLaci

PrincessLaci

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,798 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 12:40 AM

Personal opinion as of this moment.
Boys are lame and cruel. :] They should all go curl up in balls in corners.
With a very few exceptions.
I'm sure there are decent, nice guys out there. But where are they and how do I find one?
Preferably one that I am fond of as well.
Doooone.

But just so I don't feel completely ridiculous, my ex got married. And he married an eighteen year old. Which was fine and dandy, but now she wants a divorce. Mind you, they had only KNOWN each other for seven months and gone out for about three when they got engaged. Add a month and a half to that and then they were married. I hate the guy (if you couldn't tell from my earlier comments), so I really don't care. The only problem is that now he's trying to get my cousin into it. She is my best friend, and he tried to hook up with her while he and I were dating. It was a whole messy situation. I assure you that I know enough about him to know that he'd do it again in a second even though she has a boyfriend, and she feels bad enough about guys liking her as it is. ANYWAY, there's no way she's going to do that. He's an idiot and he asked for it. If I sound cold, I ask you to go through what I did and then reconsider. :] I can't figure out how to keep this guy away. He's just lingering there, haunting us.

The funny thing was we were both commenting just today about how lucky we had been about him not contacting us.

#33 Ami

Ami

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Moderators
  • 9,185 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 01:39 PM

Ami - I'm sorry about things with J.. but at least the other guy had the decency/heart to tell you, and honestly J sounds like an ass. And if you see him at the parties, be the bigger person and just be civil, cordial.. with absolutely no emotion. He wasn't fair to you, but keep in mind that he possibly doesn't realize that and probably had no intentions to do so. And you will find a guy to like you back, I promise. I had difficulty with that in high school (geez, I had a huge crush on Charles since, like.. sophomore year...), but things changed once I got here. New crowd, new people... and folks change in general. It gets easier as time goes by :) believe me for years I was always the one crushing hopelessly on the boys with absolutely NO response. But we live! I hope the parties aren't too hard on you..
And regarding the texts - perhaps something like "Look I enjoy texting you but maybe could we save this for when I'm not so low on texts? My plan's screwy, but talk later, ok?" would suffice?

i know. the other dude is soo freaking nice. i cant believe he told me, to be honest. but he seemed reallllyyy upset when he did tell me -- he kept on saying sorry and that he didnt meant to be mean or hurt my feelinsg or anything. which was soo sweet.

i hope you're right karin :)

you seem to make up the best excuses ;) haha. thanks for that one again :D

So B.. oooh dear. After the day spent in his room, things were a little skirty/tense for a bit but then cleared up.. :) I was leaving their suite one night, and he followed me out the door to kiss me goodnight. And then Thursday I sprained(or fractured?) my ankle in a bike accident.. lovely. He's been so helpful since then- getting stuff from my room for me, helping me around, he and BestFriend (who visited at a very opportune time!) piggybacked me to and from BestFriend's car.. And then Friday. We were all hanging out, ate take-out in their room.. and then while the Girl and I baked, the guys all went out and got high. B joined us in the kitchen later, tried to get an arm around my shoulders, I brushed him away. Later he asked me about it, I told him potheads bug me- which after a bit led to a huge conversation about how he was glad I reminded him where his priorities lay, etc.etc... and I ended up just sleeping there. (No sex.) And then Halloween, he and his friends got me a shopping cart to ride around in so I wouldn't have to hobble.. and guess where I slept again?

...so yeah, I have no idea where things are going with us, I don't want a relationship just after Charles and I died. But he's so sweet, and I feel I should ask him what he wants.... hm. In the meantime though, I'll let him help me around and be a pillow :)

Love you all! -Karin

he sounds sweet :) the piggybacks and shopping trolley bit made me laugh :D its a shame about your ankle though :( i really hope it gets better soon!!

i hear you on the detox. and you do not deserve to feel inferior to anyone. when someone is good for you in a real way, you will legitimately feel wonderful and special and you wont feel like you need to prove anything. and sometimes getting away from people is a good thing.

as for the online thing, delete his screenname. this is a tried-and-true gracey method of not letting yourself think about it.

sooo. K is online right now and so am I, and while I was briefly tempted to talk to him, I then realized that I don't really want to. This feels like progress.

love,

i dont think i can just delete his screenname just yet... it would make things REALLYYY tense if i did and we were to meet again (which we will i'm 100% sure, especially this next month). and i dont want him to be pissed at me. because he hasnt done anything wrong -- not that he knows of. this whole thing was more-or-less 100% my fault.

but i am, nonetheless, going to detox. as much as i can right now. i dont think i WANT to get rid of him completely yet. slow and steady :) and if that means replying civilly [sp?] online and not asking him personal questions that will lead to other things... then sobeit. and if it means not commenting on anything on his facebook [not that i do, because that would be weird, lol] or responding sensibly to his texts without leading him on in anyway, then yeah, i'll do it.

luuuuuurve, ami . . x

#34 bookgirl25

bookgirl25

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Moderators
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 03:05 PM

Happy happy happy :]

#35 peanut_butter

peanut_butter

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 6,313 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 08:42 PM

i dont think i can just delete his screenname just yet... it would make things REALLYYY tense if i did and we were to meet again (which we will i'm 100% sure, especially this next month). and i dont want him to be pissed at me. because he hasnt done anything wrong -- not that he knows of. this whole thing was more-or-less 100% my fault.

but i am, nonetheless, going to detox. as much as i can right now. i dont think i WANT to get rid of him completely yet. slow and steady :) and if that means replying civilly [sp?] online and not asking him personal questions that will lead to other things... then sobeit. and if it means not commenting on anything on his facebook [not that i do, because that would be weird, lol] or responding sensibly to his texts without leading him on in anyway, then yeah, i'll do it.

luuuuuurve, ami . . x

then it sounds as if you're headed in a good direction. but dont start blaming yourself, amikins. from the way this sounds, he's something of a grade-a jackass and is not deserving of your time. like, if he's going to mess around with your head and then flirt but not mean it chronically, then he's an ass. and you deserve much better than that. everyone deserves much better than that. and if you want to avoid tenseness, i understand that. but make sure you look out for your own self first, baby. i want to see you happy.

and i'm talking to K today. and he told me about twenty times that I should text him this week...and when i said maybe, he said he'd text me "there's no escaping :)". and we made tentative plans to hang out when he's home for thanksgiving. he also told me that i was "a really special girl" and that "i want to make sure that you're always okay".

my relationship with that boy is convuluted and unending.

love,

#36 limbo_monkey

limbo_monkey

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 487 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 10:50 PM

you seem to make up the best excuses ;) haha. thanks for that one again :D

But it's not an excuse, it's real! :P

Happy happy happy :]

!! Why? :)

Remember the next club meeting is right now, until forever. See you there.

...so I was lounging on a sunny patch of grass during my 3-hour break when B snuck up behind me with a rose and asked me out..... :) !! it was so sweet. But I told him to wait on me a bit - ask a bit later and I'll say yes - I just need time after Charles. Which is true. And I like my rose :D

Love you all! -Karin

#37 sassysweetstart

sassysweetstart

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 6,692 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 01:33 AM

Amirita- I love you too sweeti! ~huggles!~ Hun you can not blame yourself especially if he isn't. It is not your fault at all. And that is good. if you can not handle him do not be around him. There is nothing wrong with that at all. And I agree with Gracey (or was it Karin? who said to just be civil with him when you see him. There is no need to be *%^##y but there is definitely no need to be completely friendly with him either. ~Huggles~ I promise it will get better. You will reach that point (especially if he is being so damn annoying) where you are just liek enough is enough I am over him he sucks, he dresses horribly, he sucks his thumb, he is scum good bye! (alright maybe not quite as venimous but you know what I mean:) ~hugs~

Karin- Thanks. And yeah it does. Especially because it comes in a long line of crap like this happening. Not to mention he kind of looked after my family after my dad died. I kind of thought that if I ever got married he would be the one who would walk me down the aisle. Guess that isn't gonna happen now.
And yeah he was. He couldn;t actually go with me to the funeral because he ahd to work but he did go to my competition with me. And he did do some shots with me (which is how we ended up in bed. Lol.)and yeah he is lol. And I am makign a big deal out of this I know I am. I am just being overcautious.
And um he didn;t handle it unless you count him wanting me to go t his families for dinner.
yes you read that and yes I am still debating and freaking out haha. And before any of you say anything i would just like to present some facts to you. My mother has been here several times (including this past week for my uncles funeral) he did not meet her. He did meet my cousin but honestly that was by total default and it was more of an oh this is my cousin oh crap we are totally late for our bikini waxes bye! (and I kid you not on the last part my cousin was hysterical about that and has been giving me crap about it) and my brother visited a couple monthes ago and granted I had just met the guy but yeah he didn't meet him. So yeah am I a little freaked out maybe? Yeah a little.
Is it me or is this moving quickly? or am I just being a paranoid hypochondriac that if i don't watch out will be living with my cats that I do not like until I am an old maid? Seriously if I am freaking out for nothing please tell me. and if I should meet his family please tell me. because if any of you tell me too I will and I will not think about it until after it happens which by then will be to late because it will be doen and over with (am I rambling? I feel liek I might)
Seriosuly I do not know why I am so freaked about this. any of this. I mean I like him (I really liked him when I was lying in bed with him) and homestly I am just holding myself back. It ahs nothing to do with bad feelings or gut instincts or any of that crap. It is just me and my own damn *#&$%%ing insecurities and I need to get over them. I need too.

Gracey- Oh that sucks. Flirtations are fun but not when it coems with drama. And that is just cruel of him. and yes it is. ~huggles~ He needs a slap up his head.

Bookie-Yay! i am glad soemone is:)

And Karin- he sounds liek such a sweetie! Awwww

kat

#38 peanut_butter

peanut_butter

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 6,313 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 11:06 AM

Remember the next club meeting is right now, until forever. See you there.

...so I was lounging on a sunny patch of grass during my 3-hour break when B snuck up behind me with a rose and asked me out..... :) !! it was so sweet. But I told him to wait on me a bit - ask a bit later and I'll say yes - I just need time after Charles. Which is true. And I like my rose :D

Love you all! -Karin

So cute!

And sweet. I'll bring popcorn.

Gracey- Oh that sucks. Flirtations are fun but not when it coems with drama. And that is just cruel of him. and yes it is. ~huggles~ He needs a slap up his head.

kat

Nah, he's not being mean. We're both just trying to figure it out for both of us in the right way.

And yes. Drama=bad.

love,

#39 Mediator17

Mediator17

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 5,670 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 11:25 AM

and mel, i'm very strongly part of the no-regrets camp. it may not be the kind of behavior you want to characterize yourself with, but everyone does things that are crazy every once and a while. so i wouldn't worry about it. chances are that everyone else is a little fuzzy on the details, too.

Love,

thanks Gracey :) haha mostly i was confronted with winking and "...good night huh?" :P

hmm about K. I mean... it does sound a bit like he's giving out really mixed signals... but in the end it comes down to how you feel about it, and how you feel about him. tell us how the plans for thanksgiving go :)
love you too :heartbeat:

wooaaahhh there mel! sounds like you had a good night ;) lol.

luuuuuurve, ami . . x

keep us updated baby, and don't, don't, don't let him get to you. letting his whims bother you will only push you further into the hole and you need to keep climbing out instead :S when he does something that bothers you, before stressing, really, truly look at it from a controlled, calm point of view and think "is he REALLY worth it?"
love you :heartbeat:

Spoiler

ermm kat I LOVE YOU :)
that made me smile a lot. haha yes. i had fun ;)

kat

well it really depends. if you are totally fine with it.... he seems like a sweet guy who really likes you :) if you're unsure or uncomfortable, even a little, it's probably better to bring up your thoughts sometime. but it sounds like you had fun :D ;)
i'm happy for you :)

Mel - That sounds fun :) I kinda wish I could go do something like that.. but at the moment I am confined to crutches, and B is being so sweet that I think I would hate myself if I did.

Love you all! -Karin

Love you all! -Karin

thanks K :)
and awwwww. he sounds like a great guy. i'm glad you found him ;)

:heartbeat:

#40 Ami

Ami

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Moderators
  • 9,185 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 12:39 PM

then it sounds as if you're headed in a good direction. but dont start blaming yourself, amikins. from the way this sounds, he's something of a grade-a jackass and is not deserving of your time. like, if he's going to mess around with your head and then flirt but not mean it chronically, then he's an ass. and you deserve much better than that. everyone deserves much better than that. and if you want to avoid tenseness, i understand that. but make sure you look out for your own self first, baby. i want to see you happy.

and i'm talking to K today. and he told me about twenty times that I should text him this week...and when i said maybe, he said he'd text me "there's no escaping :)". and we made tentative plans to hang out when he's home for thanksgiving. he also told me that i was "a really special girl" and that "i want to make sure that you're always okay".

love,

graceykins <333 i think you're right. :) you're always right, haha. but i think everything you say has a truth to it.

you're conversations with K sound really rather sweet :) and you sound happy. and if you're happy, then i'm happy <3

But it's not an excuse, it's real! :P

Love you all! -Karin

haha, yeah, i know :D but there's no way i could've come up with that.

Amirita- I love you too sweeti! ~huggles!~ Hun you can not blame yourself especially if he isn't. It is not your fault at all. And that is good. if you can not handle him do not be around him. There is nothing wrong with that at all. And I agree with Gracey (or was it Karin? who said to just be civil with him when you see him. There is no need to be *%^##y but there is definitely no need to be completely friendly with him either. ~Huggles~ I promise it will get better. You will reach that point (especially if he is being so damn annoying) where you are just liek enough is enough I am over him he sucks, he dresses horribly, he sucks his thumb, he is scum good bye! (alright maybe not quite as venimous but you know what I mean:) ~hugs~

kat

i will be civil, cos thats all i can do. he was on msn last night, and about three years ago we made a rule that whoever was online first would start the conversation. but he was online, set as 'away' and i felt obliged to start a conversation with me. i didnt. i know that sounds really stupid, but its the first time i've ever done that. just... ignored him, if you would call it that. it was very weird and i dont know, just really difficult. i had to phone my friend for moral support :P lol. but still, if thats what i've got to do, then i'll do it.

*huggles back*

haha, i do sort of hope i reach that point where i would just hate what he does. i was hoping i would at this party where i know he'd be smoking, something i cant stand, but the party was cancelled. and his best friend told me that he was just a confused boy, and i asked him about what? and he said about things like smoking and stuff. which made me feel sorry for him and as if i'd judged him too harshly to soon. and then i realised i really shouldnt care anymore. but its soo hard not to care!!!!

keep us updated baby, and don't, don't, don't let him get to you. letting his whims bother you will only push you further into the hole and you need to keep climbing out instead :S when he does something that bothers you, before stressing, really, truly look at it from a controlled, calm point of view and think "is he REALLY worth it?"
love you :heartbeat:

i will keep you guys updated. you dont know how lucky i am to have the support of you guys. i think it was you and g who finally made me realise how stupid the whole situation was and how i needed to get out of it before... i dont know. before things got even worse.

what do you mean something that bothers me?

ily too <3 :heartbeat:

i love all you guys. you are seriously the best! <3 i dont know what i'd do without you :)

luuuurve, ami . . x

#41 peanut_butter

peanut_butter

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 6,313 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 12:46 PM

thanks Gracey :) haha mostly i was confronted with winking and "...good night huh?" :P

hmm about K. I mean... it does sound a bit like he's giving out really mixed signals... but in the end it comes down to how you feel about it, and how you feel about him. tell us how the plans for thanksgiving go :)
love you too :heartbeat:

I think the winking kind of comes with the territory though. :P
For analysis of K, see below.

graceykins <333 i think you're right. :) you're always right, haha. but i think everything you say has a truth to it.

you're conversations with K sound really rather sweet :) and you sound happy. and if you're happy, then i'm happy <3

luuuurve, ami . . x

aww, thanks amikins. ily, you're the bessssst :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat:

As for K. Yes, he's sweet. Yes, he's always super nice to me. Yes, my conversations with him always make me happy.
But now that we're not together, it also leaves me sort of conflicted sometimes.

Becuase I know that if I give myself the chance, I'll be really into him again. And I don't know how he feels about that. But when he keeps trying to look out for me (and he does: he's surmassing all his college experiences and turning them into advice for me, and keeps telling me that he wants to make sure i'm okay next year) my brain gets all confused.

And whereas in the last week I missed him but not as much, now I really really do. But he also seemed like he wanted to talk to me again. And I can deal with us talking, I think.

Waiting it out and seeing how things go has really only ever been the only option for me. So that's what I'm going to do.

Love,

#42 Orcagirl

Orcagirl

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,282 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 04:46 PM

So this is where the conversation went. I wish that when a new thread was started the link would be posted in the old one. I only check it when I get the emails unless I haven't gotten one in a while. Anyway nothing new here really. I'm busy and I'll catch up later.

Tay :angel12:

#43 Ami

Ami

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Moderators
  • 9,185 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 05:37 PM

^ Ackk!! Sorry Tay!! I'll do that next time :)

aww, thanks amikins. ily, you're the bessssst heartbeat.gif heartbeat.gif heartbeat.gif

As for K. Yes, he's sweet. Yes, he's always super nice to me. Yes, my conversations with him always make me happy.
But now that we're not together, it also leaves me sort of conflicted sometimes.

Becuase I know that if I give myself the chance, I'll be really into him again. And I don't know how he feels about that. But when he keeps trying to look out for me (and he does: he's surmassing all his college experiences and turning them into advice for me, and keeps telling me that he wants to make sure i'm okay next year) my brain gets all confused.

And whereas in the last week I missed him but not as much, now I really really do. But he also seemed like he wanted to talk to me again. And I can deal with us talking, I think.

Waiting it out and seeing how things go has really only ever been the only option for me. So that's what I'm going to do.

Love,
Gracey elmo.gif

no wayyy!! YOU'RE the bestesttt <33333 ever :) ily graceykins. :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: i dont know where i would be without you. actually, i have a feeling i do. i'd be in a hole somewhere in the ground...

if waitings what you've got to do, then it's what you've got to do :) i'll be here waiting here for you too, graceykins, through everything <3

i talked to him today. i initiated the conversation [cos my best friend decided that none of what happened was her fault (she was the one who told me to go for it, you only live once etc.) and told me what i should do and i got fed up of people telling me what NOT to do]. and it was a nice friendly conversation. you know? nothing at all flirty. nothing i wouldn't say to a girl, lol. it was nice :)

Luuuuuurve, Ami . . X

#44 peanut_butter

peanut_butter

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 6,313 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 08:42 PM

no wayyy!! YOU'RE the bestesttt <33333 ever :) ily graceykins. :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: i dont know where i would be without you. actually, i have a feeling i do. i'd be in a hole somewhere in the ground...

if waitings what you've got to do, then it's what you've got to do :) i'll be here waiting here for you too, graceykins, through everything <3

i talked to him today. i initiated the conversation [cos my best friend decided that none of what happened was her fault (she was the one who told me to go for it, you only live once etc.) and told me what i should do and i got fed up of people telling me what NOT to do]. and it was a nice friendly conversation. you know? nothing at all flirty. nothing i wouldn't say to a girl, lol. it was nice :)

Luuuuuurve, Ami . . X

aww, that's how i feel about all you girlies. you, mel, rhi, karin, all my mcbc ladies. :heartbeat:
and amikins, that may have been the sweetest thing anyone's ever said to me.

i'm glad your conversation went well. the first big conversation after something monumental is always scary.

sooo today K invited me to come visit him at college. and then he was like "oh because you're looking at (school near his), right?"
but he asked me to visit him. at college.

i can't decide whether or not it's bad that this is starting to feel almost like old times.

Love,

#45 sassysweetstart

sassysweetstart

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 6,692 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 05:45 PM

Gracey- Perhaps at the moment it is the right guy but not the right time? And giving it some time might help. ~hugs~

Melsie- : ) I am gald! I love yout oo! And I did but I am just being an idiot and cautious and what not which is idiotic.

Ami-rita- good for you! And i know sweetie. It is always hard at first. And you want to keep thinking he is this perfect angel and you are the one who *#&$%%ed up and everything. And you will reach that point where you are just like what was I thinking? I am better then this then him. And there are guys out there who deserve me alot more then he ever did. ~Hugs~ Hang in there love. And I amglad that convo went well! ~Hugs~

As for me. I am sick and popo boy came over and made dinner for me (it was actually rather good!) which was really sweet of him.

Still not sure about whole family thing and what not though.

kat

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users