• Please log in to reply
2161 replies to this topic

#91 crazy_bookworm

crazy_bookworm

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,346 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 05:10 PM

Grace - Got you. So how many episodes DO we have left? I think we have two. This weeks episode I'm sure was 10/13. It was good. I kinda wanted Arthur to find out though... oh well, one day. Next weeks looks awesome.

Sammy :P

Well, if yesterday's episode was 10/13, then there are three episodes left, not two.

Nikki - I thought I recognised that guy from somewhere. I don't actually watch Skins, but I knew who he was when you said that.

X Factor - Yay, Rachel is finally gone! I guess that's kind of an insensitive thing to say, but I've never liked her. Though I have to admit, she sung well yesterday.

Grace x

#92 angel_91

angel_91

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 08:46 AM

I'm glad rachel's gone too but she was better this week than usual in my opinion.
I can't believe JLS were in the bottom 2. They didnt deserve it at all and i loved how they remixed beautiful girl!

#93 NikkiJane

NikkiJane

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 547 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 09:29 AM

I was a bit of a skins-knut when it was on. I watched the second showing of the merlin episode but my boyfriend had called me the day before and was like, "thought you might want to know..."

Nikki

#94 Funky_monkey

Funky_monkey

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 5,254 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 11:52 AM

I like Britney Spears and Miley Cyrus but you know how they have a montage of the artists' career Miley Cyrus won't really have such a impressive one next to Britney Spears.

Clara

Are Britney Spears and Miley Cyrus appearing the same week?

Ha ha, I never thought of that, maybe they will mention her Hannah Montan stuff too, because how much can you say about Miley Cyrus? And yeah they are both appearing the same week, although, the might be appearing in different shows, I am not sure.

I am quite excited for this weeks X factor, because they are all singing two songs. And this is slightly random, but does anyone else think that Diana would sound really good singing a Kate Nash song?

Zoyah :D

#95 Stickit2-the-MAN

Stickit2-the-MAN

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 01:27 PM

^^^^ yeah I think Diana would be really good at Foudations by Kate Nash.I love that song.oh my god when I have bought all my christmas presents I'm gonna buy her album off iTunes! JLS should of gone.I watched the X Factor at my friend Sam's house and he has two little brothers and one of them was sitting on my friend Danny's lap it was soo sweet they were singing along and everything.

Clara

#96 Funky_monkey

Funky_monkey

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 5,254 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 03:08 PM

Diana's voice would sound excellent singing Foundations, she has the right sort of voice to sing it. Apparently she is singing two slow songs this weekend, it would be better if she sang one fast one and one slow one I think.

And how cute Clara. And I kind of agree with you about the JLS thing, but not completely. On the last performance, Rachel sang soooo much better, she was amazing. But I prefer JLS, and Rachel wasn't happy in the competition, so what happened was probably for the best.

#97 Funky_monkey

Funky_monkey

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 5,254 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 07:51 AM

Ruth went!! There is no justice in the voting. Given the two performances which she gave, there is no way she should have gone. She was AMAZING! And as much as I love Diana, and I did want her to win (I am an Alexandra supporter now), she sang the worst, and based on the peformances she should have gone.

Also what was with the Eoghan singining HSM? Simon made such a big mistake! No man is going to enjoy seeing him singing HSM, and I bet even Eoghan himself didn't want so sing it, how many 16 year old boys do you know who love HSM? And it was really cheesy.

#98 Stickit2-the-MAN

Stickit2-the-MAN

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 11:47 AM

JLS to go next week please,there rendition of Hit Me One More Time was horrendous and I love that song (brings back memories when I was like 4 I used to sing it everywhere it was my first pop song I knew).Miley was really good.Britney was soo miming but her dancing was good so whatever!

Zoyah-Yeah I am now a Alexandra supporter aswell I want either Diana or Alexandra to win now aswell.

Clara

#99 Funky_monkey

Funky_monkey

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 5,254 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 11:54 AM

I don't like Miley Cyrus, so I didn't think that she was that good really and a few months ago my mum was saying, Miley Cyrus is younger than you, and she is earning more money than you (as a joke), so I said to my mum, wouldn't you rather I was normal? And last night I was watching X factor with my family, and as soon as Miley went into the chorus of 7 things my mum looked at me and said, "I am so glad that you turned out normal." It was quite funny.

And I am for Diana or Alexandra to win too, I just hope next week Diana does something amazing.

#100 Aeon

Aeon

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 3,799 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 12:06 PM

I agree, Eoghan's HSM song was very cheesy. It's probably the cheesiest song in the whole HSM series (and that's saying something, lol).
Alexandra was amazing, as usual (she has to win!) and Diana was bad, as usual. She's just seeming like a gimmick now, and giving her 'I'm Not A Girl, Not Yet A Woman' to perform was just adding to that image. It was like "look at me, I'm a cute little girl! This song HAS to be appropriate! Vote for meeee!".
Also, someone pointed out to me that the judges always tell everyone else "you need to be more diverse, you're not going to win unless you diversify", etc. but they always tell Diana "stick to the same songs" (basically). The one time anyone dared to ask Diana to try something different (I think it was Louis, asking her to dance or something), the others had a go at them. Why is Diana an exception to the rule?
And she never sings fast songs. Even when she sang 'Call Me' (which, I'll admit, she was likeable at) she just sat down while everyone moved around her. The judges let her off for everything they have a go at other acts for (not dancing, not being diverse, not stretching themselves).
I think that if Diana does win, people will grow tired of her soon enough. When in a setting like the X Factor, she appeals to a lot of people, but thrown out there on her own, there's only a small group of people she will appeal to. That's the problem with the X Factor...some acts are hugely successful in the reality-show setting, but fail as recording artists (can anyone say Steve Brookstein? Ray Quinn? Heck, even G4)...they are two different audiences. You have to be diverse to get it big, and Diana is not diverse. And I'm not saying it because I don't like her...I liked Daniel but I know that he wouldn't have lasted long had he won, either. The same with Tammy in the first series.
I think Ruth is the opposite of her, too. She wasn't liked that much in the show, but there is a huge audience for the type of music/performance she can offer out there. I don't think that this is the last we will hear of her.
And a lot of success in the music industry has to do with personality...Diana doesn't seem to have one.

I think the only act left who has the potential to be big, like Leona big, is Alexandra. She is so diverse, she is amazing at whatever she does and she has one hell of a voice. I'll admit that she didn't impress me as much as I thought she was in the first few weeks and wasn't initially my favourite, but I love her now.
I think that JLS are good, but several attempts in the past decade have proved that boy bands are dead. Unless they can pressure Louis into letting them do their own thing rather than letting him turn them into another generic doomed-for-failure boyband, they will fade out quickly.
I think they would be much better with Simon as their mentor. So I hope that he snaps them up if they don't win. Simon has more of a mind for what suits acts than Louis does. Louis only seems to have one style.
Ooh, you know what would really suit JLS? I think they would be awesome doing the style of music that, like, Korean boy bands do. I mean, Asia is one of the few places where boy bands are still quite 'in'...they usually have more of an R&B style (ignoring Japanese boybands who seem to be picked on looks rather than talent), not the cheesey pop that western boybands have/had.
They could be like a Western DBSK (click to look). They would suit a more R&B style than the pop that Louis will no doubt push on them.

#101 Aeon

Aeon

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 3,799 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 06:59 PM

I apologise for the double post.

I am losing respect for Britney if what I've read is true.
Apparantly when she performed on X Factor, besides the obvious miming and not coaching the contestants, she had a 45-strong entourage of stylist, security, etc. with her and banned both the contestants and judges from approaching her.
Even Mariah Carey coached the contestants! She's the one with the reputation for being a diva!
And she was supposed to perform at a club in London but refused on the night. She didn't even have an excuse, she was next door having a drink.

#102 Funky_monkey

Funky_monkey

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 5,254 posts

Posted 01 December 2008 - 12:24 PM

Apparently that thing about Britney apparently according to Dannii it isn't true, and the judges and contestants were allowed to speak to her, although Simon was the only one who did speak to her. So I don't know whether that means they were allowed to talk to her or not.

I really used to love Diana, but I really hope she does something amazing next week, because I am going off her, because she is that exciting, and she is not even singing brilliantly anymore, so now I am an Alexandra supporter. And I liked her, but I didn't like her loads, but I really love her now, I think that she is amazing, and I agree with you, she has the biggest chance of making it.

And JLS this weekend, what was with that whole stick thing? Was I missing out on something, or was there just some random stick in the middle of the stage. I thought that they were going to play limbo. Oh and I get what you mean about JLS :)

#103 Jesse's Wife

Jesse's Wife

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 4,157 posts

Posted 01 December 2008 - 01:30 PM

I thought that Eoghan singing HSM was really bad, and then Simon was saying that it was good. Diana wasn't that good. I want Alexandra to win. JLS aren't that bad.

Merlin - I totally guessed that thing with the two cups - of course he wouldn't die. Though I think it spoiled it when
Spoiler

Alex

#104 Aeon

Aeon

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 3,799 posts

Posted 01 December 2008 - 02:39 PM

Apparently that thing about Britney apparently according to Dannii it isn't true, and the judges and contestants were allowed to speak to her, although Simon was the only one who did speak to her. So I don't know whether that means they were allowed to talk to her or not.

I really used to love Diana, but I really hope she does something amazing next week, because I am going off her, because she is that exciting, and she is not even singing brilliantly anymore, so now I am an Alexandra supporter. And I liked her, but I didn't like her loads, but I really love her now, I think that she is amazing, and I agree with you, she has the biggest chance of making it.

And JLS this weekend, what was with that whole stick thing? Was I missing out on something, or was there just some random stick in the middle of the stage. I thought that they were going to play limbo. Oh and I get what you mean about JLS :)

Hmm, there have been alot of reports saying that she refused the dressing room the show execs gave her, taking Simon's instead, and that her security guards wouldn't let the judges/contestants in to see here and that the judges had to sneak pics in the hallway when she was there.

#105 sammyz

sammyz

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,018 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 10:34 AM

Ruth went!! There is no justice in the voting. Given the two performances which she gave, there is no way she should have gone. She was AMAZING! And as much as I love Diana, and I did want her to win (I am an Alexandra supporter now), she sang the worst, and based on the peformances she should have gone.

She sang the worst?
Nonononononono... Eughan the blond-stupid-15-year-old-who-can't-even-reach-a-high-note-and-basically-humms-through-all-his-songs-was-the-worst.

JLS to go next week please,there rendition of Hit Me One More Time was horrendous and I love that song (brings back memories when I was like 4 I used to sing it everywhere it was my first pop song I knew).Miley was really good.Britney was soo miming but her dancing was good so whatever!

Zoyah-Yeah I am now a Alexandra supporter aswell I want either Diana or Alexandra to win now aswell.

Clara

I didn't watch the first four acts because I watched Merlin instead. But JLS singing Hit me Baby One More Time? Please...stop.
I'd throw a rock at them just to stop them singing that. What are they thinking? Stupid boys and Louis.

Britney was definately miming, in an interview or something she gave she admitted it and said she just wanted to concentrate on her dance moves and get the timing right. Can't really diss her for that.

Miley's song is ok but when she was performing and all the head shaking I didn't get. She looked like she was going crazy on stage and there was something possessing her or something.
If she was singing Rock I'd get it but it wasn't...

Hmm, there have been alot of reports saying that she refused the dressing room the show execs gave her, taking Simon's instead, and that her security guards wouldn't let the judges/contestants in to see here and that the judges had to sneak pics in the hallway when she was there.

I read on MSN news thingy-entertainment thing that Simon gave his room up for Mariah Carey aswell. He did it willingly and there weren't any arguments or anything.

#106 Funky_monkey

Funky_monkey

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 5,254 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 11:41 AM

Yeah I also heard that Simon willingly gave up his dressing room for Mariah Carey too. And I also heard the thing about photos in the corridor.

And Sammy I agree with you about the whole Miley thing, it started off ok, but when she started doing the head thing, I was like what?! I thought that she thought that she was a rock star or something.

#107 NikkiJane

NikkiJane

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 547 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 01:45 PM

Merlin - I totally guessed that thing with the two cups - of course he wouldn't die. Though I think it spoiled it when

Spoiler

Alex

Loved Merlin this week. though I agree and think it was a bit obvious.
Whole end section seemed pointless to me though.
Spoiler

#108 Jesse's Wife

Jesse's Wife

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 4,157 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 02:37 PM

^ I was confused about that too. I mean, what did they gain from that? It was just weird. I really want Arthur to find out!

Wait. Did Miley Cyrus perform on XFactor?

#109 sammyz

sammyz

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,018 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 05:58 PM

^ Yes, lol.

There was alot of head shaking going on.

#110 Funky_monkey

Funky_monkey

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 5,254 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 11:39 AM

Lol yes there was :P

It is rumoured that if Alexandra gets into the final, she might sing with Beyonce. But that is only if Beyonce agrees.

#111 Clarity

Clarity

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 6,982 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 12:11 PM

Is anyone watching Grey's Anatomy?

Spoiler

#112 Jesse's Wife

Jesse's Wife

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 4,157 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 04:35 PM

I don't really like Beyonce. Her new song really annoys me. No offense to her, but I think Alexandra should sing with someone better.

#113 Funky_monkey

Funky_monkey

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 5,254 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 08:15 AM

Oh, I really quite like Beyonce, she is one of my favourite RnB artists. Although I think it might be a bit wierd with both Beyonce and Alexandra on stage, because Beyonce is a really big act, and I don't know how it would be done so Beyonce doesn't outshine Alexandra.

#114 Stickit2-the-MAN

Stickit2-the-MAN

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 02:32 PM

Watching the X Factor.Gawd JLS get on my nerves!Well I am in a bad mood because my friend has stole my phone is texting my friend and won't tell me what she is texting.Well anyway JLS and there outdated they shoulda been a band like 6 years ago.

Clara

#115 Aeon

Aeon

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 3,799 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 04:19 PM

I'm so glad that Diana's gone.
But I did feel bad for Eoghan when he burst into tears and wouldn't let go of Diana pretty much 'til Dermot told him he neeed to speak to her :(.

#116 Jesse's Wife

Jesse's Wife

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 4,157 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 07:04 PM

^ I thought Eoghan running onto the stage at the end was absolutely hilarious. And they say they aren't going out. Psht. I'm glad she's gone. She was terrible when she was singing White Flag. She totally wrecked a really good song. The second time sounded marginally better

#117 sur4dream

sur4dream

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,372 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 07:30 PM

Grey's Anatomy...

Spoiler

#118 Clarity

Clarity

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 6,982 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 09:23 PM

Grey's Anatomy...

Spoiler

Uh, oh. When you quoted me, the spoiler tags didn't show up...

I agree with almost everything you said!

Spoiler

#119 sur4dream

sur4dream

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,372 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 10:50 PM

Uh, oh. When you quoted me, the spoiler tags didn't show up...

Sorry, forgot to preview it.

Spoiler

I think Dr. Dixon is an interesting character, actually. Yes, they really need to keep exploring the Dr. Hunt/Cristina plot.

I've heard rumors of Izzie leaving but I really hope she doesn't because I really like her. I hate how people don't like her. [/color]

#120 Clarity

Clarity

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 6,982 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 11:53 PM

Sorry, forgot to preview it.

Spoiler

Spoiler

#121 Funky_monkey

Funky_monkey

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 5,254 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 07:04 AM

I really did like Diana, but I just don't think that she was as good as everyone else, and I don't think that she has been the same since she was ill, after she was ill, she went downhill.

And poor Eoghan, bless him, he was so upset, I have never seen him cry so much and they are supposedly not going out. But regardless of if they were or not they were still best friends, it was quite funny though.

#122 Aeon

Aeon

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 3,799 posts

Posted 11 December 2008 - 05:28 PM

OK, X Factor is so a fix.
The duet acts have been announced for the final.
Alexandra and Westlife.
Eoghan and Boyzone.
JLS and...Rihanna.

JLS get an international megastar, one of the most popular performing artists of today and the others get Louis's boyband leftovers?
Aaargh. Alex and Westlife are all wrong, Westlife would have been better with Eoghan. Boyzone will overshadow poor Eoghan, he really needed one singer.
Yeah, the band gets one singer, the singers get bands.

#123 sassysweetstart

sassysweetstart

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 6,692 posts

Posted 11 December 2008 - 08:26 PM

Wow is Westlife still around?

I remember listening to them when I was little.

I am so behind on Grey's it is not even funny!

But I hope Katherine Heigl does not leave.

With all the rumors swriling around and everything about different original cast members wanting to leave I feel like it would not be the original Grey's. I mean yes it was kind of centered around Meredith and derek I feel like that was kind of cleared up (and again I have not watched much of this season so mostly going with what I saw last season) besides I love all the original characters.

Recently I have gotten into Las Vegas. I know it is not on anymore but they show reruns on TNT (States) and it is really entertaining.

kat

#124 Aeon

Aeon

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 3,799 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 09:15 AM

See, lol. Yeah, they're still around, they still release stuff but it doesn't seem to do that well.

Another thing that made me laugh was how there was loads of reports about 'crushing', etc. happening at a JLS gig and how it was shocking, etc. etc.
I've been to gigs where I was almost knocked out, felt like my ribs were going to break, ended up with blood on me, had a friend being told to go to the hospital (for multiple injuries), amongst other stuff. It happens all the time, yet it makes news when it's an X Factor act? I was at a gig once where someone cracked their head open, where the band themselves have injured themselves and nothing was mentioned anywhere. It shouldn't make news, it's normal. No gigs are ever cancelled for crushing, either, security just pulls the people getting squashed over the barrier and lets them get to a less confined space.

#125 Funky_monkey

Funky_monkey

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 5,254 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 11:57 AM

^ oh my god, that sounds so dangerous!! But I do know what you mean, and I understand your point, just because it is X factor related, it becomes major news.

Also I also agree with you about the whole boy-band mega star thing. I don't think that it is fair that Eoghan and Alexandra get stuck with Boyzone and Westlife. I bet you neither of them wanted to sing with any of them. Does Alexandra even seem like a Westlife person? I think that if anyone should be singing with Rihanna it is her. I really hope they all got announced wrong and bigger people are performing than Westlife, because I think that this year all the finalists are amazing, and they deserve better than Westlife and Boyzone. It is people like Rihanna who they should be getting!

#126 NikkiJane

NikkiJane

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 547 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 01:32 PM

Spoiler

Are you watching Private Practise as well? I'm trying to keep up with both at the moment, because I like Grey's Anatomy so much. I don't know how far in the series you are all talking about though :S

Nikki

#127 Clarity

Clarity

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 6,982 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 02:21 PM

Yeah, I am watching Private Practice as well :)

I'm caught up with the most recent episodes in season 5 of Grey's Anatomy and season 2 of Private Practice. How far are you up to?

#128 NikkiJane

NikkiJane

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 547 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 02:30 PM

Ah I'm not sure what series we are on here, but we're only on like the fourth episode of the first series of private practise. I think you're a series ahead in grey's anatomy.

Nikki

#129 angel_91

angel_91

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 08:01 AM

I read yesterday in the london paper that Rihanna can't make on the x factor as shes back in the US to prepare for her tour. Its alex and beyonce possibly singing listen. JLS and Westlife flying without wings and Boyzone and eoghan.
I dont know for sure if this is all true.

http://www.unreality...x-factor-final/

#130 Jesse's Wife

Jesse's Wife

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 4,157 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 10:02 AM

I really hate their choices for XFactor. It's just really really bad.

It's the last episode of Merlin tonight! I can't wait to see what happens.

#131 NikkiJane

NikkiJane

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 547 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 12:27 PM

I was just thinking that! I don't want it to be the last episode though!!
And semi-final of strictly come dancing too. Lame, but I love it.
This series has been way too long though (wish I could say the same for Merlin)

Nikki

#132 Jesse's Wife

Jesse's Wife

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 4,157 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 04:09 PM

Okay, so they have got to stop being so predictable on Merlin. I mean,
Spoiler

I admit that Beyonce was quite good on X Factor with Alexandra. It was kind of stupid that they had both Boyzone and Westlife, though. And as much as I love Alexandra, her crying thing is really starting to annoy me.

#133 NikkiJane

NikkiJane

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 547 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 04:35 PM

I agree about the merlin part. Totally unnecessary, and while I really enjoyed the episode they could have gone around that a different way.

Strictly ended badly.
In my opinion.

Nikki

#134 Jesse's Wife

Jesse's Wife

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 4,157 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 05:14 PM

^ What happened in Strictly. Did they annouce the results today or is it tomorrow like normal?

#135 NikkiJane

NikkiJane

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 547 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 05:32 PM

No it was tonight, probably because they've clocked onto the fact that most people can just get online on Sat nights and find out the results, then don't bother watching sunday's show. What happened was...
Spoiler

Nikki

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users