• Please log in to reply
255 replies to this topic

#226 Divalectable217

Divalectable217

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,611 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 05:38 PM

^ That's a wonderful idea! :) Haha it also reminds me of Mia from the Princess Diaries. :D

Luv, Diva :spinstar:

#227 24moon100

24moon100

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 5,131 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 12:40 AM

^ wow haha! That's a lot of books!

I'd like to see what that list consists of. :D

Luv, Diva :spinstar:

Haha. I'll admit, it is a little ambitious of me, but I'm not kidding. 70 and counting! :P A lot of them though, not a surprise, are Meg Cabot books. Got the whole Princess Diaries on my list and also her 1800whereru books. And so on...;)

I've been poking around Goodreads too and I can't help it but want to buy just about every mildly interesting book there is to offer! Haha.

Edited by 24moon100, 01 December 2011 - 12:40 AM.

#228 zainy444

zainy444

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,896 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 04:08 PM

All I want this Christmas is for Tmobile to announce that they are getting the iphone. Oh, and then I want one.

Pooja

#229 24moon100

24moon100

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 5,131 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 06:36 PM

^Haha same! Tmobile needs to hop on the bandwagon already!

#230 zainy444

zainy444

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,896 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 10:26 PM

^^ Right?! My family has tmobie and our contract doesn't expire for another year. So I have to wait to: Switch to Verizon or something, or for tmobile to start carrying iphones

#231 24moon100

24moon100

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 5,131 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 10:36 PM

I know right! I have to wait a year to! It sucks!

#232 zainy444

zainy444

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,896 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 01:00 PM

Thanksgiving is coming up soon!

What are everyone's plans?

#233 suze.angelova

suze.angelova

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:37 AM

I'm going to Sydney next month :)

And Canberra and a few other cities nearby, but only for a few weeks.

xoxo Suze

#234 sancia

sancia

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,493 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:06 AM

I don't have any plans for Thanksgiving because it's not celebrated here. But Christmas is coming too! We are going to Finland for 6 weeks and I am so excited!

#235 Ohliveeah

Ohliveeah

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 08:56 PM

I'm so psyched for Christmas!!! It SNOWED last night and we have twinkly lights on our house! :)

#236 zainy444

zainy444

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,896 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:04 AM

^^ Sydney? Finland? I am soo jealous, those both sound so incredible! Hope you guys have an amazing time!

I wish it would snow where I was. :( Doesn't feel like Christmas until it does!
But I am listening to the Christmas radio station. :)

#237 suze.angelova

suze.angelova

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 11:04 AM

^Since I live in WA, Sydney's not too far away.

Unlike last year though, I will also be experiencing a hot Christmas instead of a snowy one :( You're right- it doesn't feel as authentic!

#238 sancia

sancia

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,493 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:11 PM

Since I've lived most of my life in Finland, it's not that exciting. Although I cannot wait to see my friends and family.

#239 MusicAngel

MusicAngel

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 512 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:41 AM

Usually by now I'm in full Christmas elf mode and so far nothing :(
i don't get why

#240 Pretty.Odd.

Pretty.Odd.

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,567 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:07 PM

A happy New Years Eve to you all! It's my older sister's birthday (her sweet sixteen) today, so we're going out to eat at Red Robin because she loves their bacon cheeseburgers. I always get the fish and chips because fish is my favorite food (outside of Chinese food).

I'm going to stay up and, at midnight, go outside and blast Death Cab for Cutie's "The New Year" with our garage's stereo. I'm going to just sit outside and freeze in the cold of a winter night in Wisconsin, because it's the new year and you do stuff like that on the new year.

Other than my sister's birthday and my DCfC plan, I don't think I'll be doing anything special tonight--unless you count homework.

Anyone doing anything cool for New Years?

xoxoArtemis

#241 24moon100

24moon100

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 5,131 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:30 PM

A happy New Years Eve to you all! It's my older sister's birthday (her sweet sixteen) today, so we're going out to eat at Red Robin because she loves their bacon cheeseburgers. I always get the fish and chips because fish is my favorite food (outside of Chinese food).

I'm going to stay up and, at midnight, go outside and blast Death Cab for Cutie's "The New Year" with our garage's stereo. I'm going to just sit outside and freeze in the cold of a winter night in Wisconsin, because it's the new year and you do stuff like that on the new year.

Other than my sister's birthday and my DCfC plan, I don't think I'll be doing anything special tonight--unless you count homework.

Anyone doing anything cool for New Years?

xoxoArtemis

Im babysitting.

Yippee!

#242 Pretty.Odd.

Pretty.Odd.

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,567 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:38 PM

^Ugh. What fun. :P

xoxoArtemis

#243 24moon100

24moon100

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 5,131 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:51 PM

^Ugh. What fun. :P

xoxoArtemis

Happy B-day to your sis though! I'll be hitting the sweet sixteen soon myself.

I need the babysitting job though. ANd the kids are already asleep so I get to internet surf/read/write/mess around on my new phone away. :P

I'll probably be putting my three favorite (alternative/emo? I really never can tell for certain what genre they all fall under together) bands as of late: Secondhand Serenade, Mayday Parade, & All Time Low. But haha! You can count on me to be jamming out to that Death Cab song what the clock strikes midnight. :)

#244 Pretty.Odd.

Pretty.Odd.

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,567 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 01:14 AM

Hey, at least it's a good way to make money. I have no source of income, so that kind of...sucks. My mom says I should try babysitting at some point, but, frankly, I don't want to take the six-hour-long baby sitting course and spend hours of time with young children. Not my definition of a good time.

But, alas, I need money. :P

The good part of babysitting would be when they're all asleep. But, then again, I have major serial killer paranoia in my own home, so just imagine how bad it would be in someone else's... Ahhhh. D:

Ah, isn't the alt/emo/rock genre great? :D Good music, good music.

AND I DID IT! I stood outside in the freezing cold with just my thin leather jacket on--no gloves or hat or anything. In Wisconsin. In January. And I hope the neighbors likes my DCfC, because I sure did.

My sister and the friend she had over (the others were sick or working :P) thought I was crazy, but I thoroughly enjoyed it, and that's all that matters, right? I think so.

Other than that, it was a very nice night. I'm glad to put the dreadful 2012 and all of the crap behind me. 2013 will be a better year, I hope. Even as the world's biggest pessimist, I am optimistic about this one.

xoxoArtemis

#245 24moon100

24moon100

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 5,131 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 02:33 AM

Hey, at least it's a good way to make money. I have no source of income, so that kind of...sucks. My mom says I should try babysitting at some point, but, frankly, I don't want to take the six-hour-long baby sitting course and spend hours of time with young children. Not my definition of a good time.

But, alas, I need money. :P

The good part of babysitting would be when they're all asleep. But, then again, I have major serial killer paranoia in my own home, so just imagine how bad it would be in someone else's... Ahhhh. D:

Ah, isn't the alt/emo/rock genre great? :D Good music, good music.

AND I DID IT! I stood outside in the freezing cold with just my thin leather jacket on--no gloves or hat or anything. In Wisconsin. In January. And I hope the neighbors likes my DCfC, because I sure did.

My sister and the friend she had over (the others were sick or working :P) thought I was crazy, but I thoroughly enjoyed it, and that's all that matters, right? I think so.

Other than that, it was a very nice night. I'm glad to put the dreadful 2012 and all of the crap behind me. 2013 will be a better year, I hope. Even as the world's biggest pessimist, I am optimistic about this one.

xoxoArtemis

I'm still recovering from buying myself an IPhone so I needed the extra bucks. I have babysitted so many times and stayed home alone so many times that the serial killer/evil ghost thing has kind of worn off. Knock on wood I didn't just jinx myself there. Haha. In a way I think Supernatural cured me of any nightmarish thought trains. I know the Winchester bros got my back. Or, at least, they taught me how to save my own. :P You have to take a babysitting course? Really? Wow. I guess the perks of living in a preppy-rich-person-where-I-am-not-rich-suburbia has its perks. I have gathered may-o-clientele over the years and the pay is not too shabby if I do say so myself.

Oh good lord. My friends were making fun of me today for using "big words". I'm sorry, but sometimes it is not my fault, okay. I just cant help it. I read too much and stuff. All that writing and reading tends to download after a while. Excuse me for using the word "contradict" in a sentence. I didn't know that word was too fancy for you to wrap your head around. Is it really so bad that I can acutally enforce vocabulary in my conversations? Like really people? This is what I get for being friends a bunch of Kpop obsessed, materialistic, nonreaders. EDIT: Whom I love...

Geez. I need to stop going off topic. Ranting about how my friends think I'm trying to be impressive with using "big words" is not exactly relating to the holidays and I apologize. I dunno where that came from but I don't feel like deleting it so there you have it, internet. Do with that information what you will. I have set it free...

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Wow. Good for you, Artemis! If I lived in Wisconsin and knew you or something, you'd be darn sure I would have been out there in the freezing weather rocking out to Death Cab (which, by the way, every time it comes on the radio I think of you. My dad just got a new car with satellite radio and I always turn on altnation and laugh because all those songs are so YOU, you know? In fact, that was the station "Kill Your Heros" was stalking me on. Lol) I salute you in your awesomeness and wish I could have been there with you to celebrate (damn long distance problems) with you. You should make that a tradition! From now on you HAVE to do that. I demand you. You must.

Anyway, I'm just happy we made it though the apocalypse in one piece. The Winchesters really DO have our backs. ;)

#246 Pretty.Odd.

Pretty.Odd.

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,567 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:22 AM

I'm still recovering from buying myself an IPhone so I needed the extra bucks. I have babysitted so many times and stayed home alone so many times that the serial killer/evil ghost thing has kind of worn off. Knock on wood I didn't just jinx myself there. Haha. In a way I think Supernatural cured me of any nightmarish thought trains. I know the Winchester bros got my back. Or, at least, they taught me how to save my own. :P You have to take a babysitting course? Really? Wow. I guess the perks of living in a preppy-rich-person-where-I-am-not-rich-suburbia has its perks. I have gathered may-o-clientele over the years and the pay is not too shabby if I do say so myself.

Oh good lord. My friends were making fun of me today for using "big words". I'm sorry, but sometimes it is not my fault, okay. I just cant help it. I read too much and stuff. All that writing and reading tends to download after a while. Excuse me for using the word "contradict" in a sentence. I didn't know that word was too fancy for you to wrap your head around. Is it really so bad that I can acutally enforce vocabulary in my conversations? Like really people? This is what I get for being friends a bunch of Kpop obsessed, materialistic, nonreaders. EDIT: Whom I love...

Geez. I need to stop going off topic. Ranting about how my friends think I'm trying to be impressive with using "big words" is not exactly relating to the holidays and I apologize. I dunno where that came from but I don't feel like deleting it so there you have it, internet. Do with that information what you will. I have set it free...

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Wow. Good for you, Artemis! If I lived in Wisconsin and knew you or something, you'd be darn sure I would have been out there in the freezing weather rocking out to Death Cab (which, by the way, every time it comes on the radio I think of you. My dad just got a new car with satellite radio and I always turn on altnation and laugh because all those songs are so YOU, you know? In fact, that was the station "Kill Your Heros" was stalking me on. Lol) I salute you in your awesomeness and wish I could have been there with you to celebrate (damn long distance problems) with you. You should make that a tradition! From now on you HAVE to do that. I demand you. You must.

Anyway, I'm just happy we made it though the apocalypse in one piece. The Winchesters really DO have our backs. ;)

(If you thought your comment was ramble-icious, just wait. Mine's terrible. I'm sorry.)

Oh! I forgot you bought an iPhone! That's so cool, though. You see, I have a second generation iPod touch (AKA the iPod from the Stone Age), and I can't even update it to iOs 5. It's a piece of crap. Just yesterday, I tried doing this thing (long story) to update it, and instead of doing what it was supposed to, it erased all my apps. All of them. The problem is, I can't download any of them again. I had the iPod a while ago, when the apps were still compatible with my version. But now they are no longer compatible, and I can't download them. So no apps for me!

I proposed an idea to my parents: At the end of our eighth grade year, my parents buy us a phone. Also, because I belong to the Lutheran church (woo, Lutherans, woo :P), I get Confirmed in the church this year. It's a big deal or whatever, so they buy us a gift for that one, too. So, we could combine the two, and get me an iPHONE! I said I'd even throw in the money I do have (I'm sort of broke right now).

My mom didn't go for it because the monthly fees for smartphones are a lot more than normal phones. That means it probably won't happen, but I CAN HOPE. :P

Okay, rant done.

LOL, Supernatural actually did help me get over the serial killer paranoia, Usually it just happens when I'm home alone. I have a really scary basement (Artemis--fourteen and still scared of her basement), though, because it's split up into three sections, cut off with doors. There's the one where we watch TV and on rare occasions I play video games (Shadow of the Colossus, baby). That section isn't scary, except for the "BAZINGA" poster my older sister hung up with Sheldon from the Big Bang Theory on it. The other part is my dad's workshop/makeshift office. That part doesn't scare me much either. It's just that back section which is our little storehouse that freaks me out. There are shelves jutting out from the wall, and from the point of entrance, you cannot see into those rows of shelves, especially the very dark ones at the end.

I know it sounds dumb, but since I was very young, I was convinced there was a serial killer down there. Haha, it sounds so stupid! But it's true. I love learning and reading and watching things about serial killers because they're so fascinating and psycho, but the thought of one hiding behind the shelves in my basement? No thanks.

But Supernatural did make it better because it made an idea more real--the scary part, although it's all fiction--but the solution more real, too (although it's all fiction). Know what I mean?

And, yeah, my mom says that if I babysit, I have to take the course. I really don't want to take the course. I guess it's important to learn all that stuff, because, knowing me, I'd be clueless without it. (I'm good with kids, but the whole taking care of them thing...not so much.)

Ugh, I hate when people get after me for using "big words" (GOOD words) in conversation. It's like, "What, would you like me to talk like a dumb person?" There's no point in dumbing down your language, I've learned. My friends are weird about it and like to pretend they know what I'm saying. Sometimes I notice them just smiling and nodding, and I ask, "You do know what [insert word here] means, right?" And they'll say no and I'm devastated. Last year I taught all my friends the word "vague." VAGUE. VAAAAGUE. They didn't know what vague meant. So now whenever it comes up in conversation, the one girl makes a big deal out of it and is like, "I know what that means because of you!" And I think, "You should've known without me telling you."

It kills me.

But "contradict"? Another simple word. Contradict?! Jeez. Is this what we've come to, Americans? That's just sad.

Are they really still into the Kpop thing? STILL? I thought that phase would've ended ages ago...

LOL, it's just so easy to get off topic. I kind of feel like the Internet was created just so people could get off topic, know what I mean? Because I always get really off topic on the Internet...

WOO, ALTNATION IS THE BEST STATION. It's pretty much all I listen to (unless it's Radiohead, whom they happen to have an obsession with, or Vampire Weekend, who I simply cannot stand). I love that station so much. Except for the stupid commercial things they do in between songs. So annoying. And even Madison, the one DJ chick, is less annoying to me now. That's where I get most of my music. My mom and I joke that it's the "hipster" station because they tend to play a lot of the undiscovered alt/rock stuff (as well as a lot of the well-known stuff).

There's another alternative station (this one's from Milwaukee) that I listen to. It's hilarious. Most of the time they play 90's alternative and it's very annoying. It usually takes them a few months before they start playing the stuff I've been hearing on Altnation for ages. Like, that "Trojans" song by Atlas Genius (whom I will be seeing with Imagine Dragons very soon!) that Altnation played to death this summer? The Milwaukee station decided about a month ago that is was "new music" and that they should play it nonstop.

It's so funny. So annoying.

All right, I will stop. That was too much on stupid alternative radio. *slaps self over the head* BE CONCISE. STOP RAMBLING.

Ha, you think of me when Death Cab is on? I feel so special. xD I kind of consider them to be "my band" now, which, yeah, is creepy. But, hey, I've seen them in concert twice and AM a little creepy about them. I love that band. :D

I wish someday that I could meet most of the people on this site, especially you because I know you the best. Like, wouldn't it be cool to meet all these people? I think it's funny how well we get along online, but would be the same in real life? I would hope so.

And I do plan on making it a tradition! I was outside, and I'm like, "I'm gonna do this every single year." It will be one of the only traditions I actually have. And it will be wonderful.

WOO! Now the 2012 apocalypse is just a fictitious event! We made it! (Thank you, Sam and Dean. xD)

Now, to keep this on topic, New Year’s Resolutions:

-Be nice to people. I recently realized how I'm not really the nicest of people altogether and how that probably should change, so I'm going to make an effort. See, it's not easy being snarky and sarcastic, because some people will never get it and hate you for it.

-Less soda. It kills me. My stomach freaks out on me when I drink soda, which kind of sucks because I love soda. I already can't drink milk because I'm lactose intolerant (and, anyway, the concept of milk is disturbing enough, and now that I've gone a year and a half without drinking any, I can't get myself to try it again). That makes two drinks I really shouldn't drink, if I want to keep myself in good shape.

-RUN MORE. I love running, but I don't do it enough. I'm making it my goal to run at least twice a week.

-Write more and finish another novel! Alyce is just a few chapters away from done, and I'm ready to start the next one. Hopefully it won't take too long to finish the next one. That's a goal for me.

-Less Internet time. I'm a hopeless addict, so I need to stop before it gets any worse. :P

That's about it. I think they're okay. Most of the time I hate resolutions because no one remembers them a month later, but I thought I'd try for once.

xoxoArtemis

#247 24moon100

24moon100

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 5,131 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 09:09 PM

(If you thought your comment was ramble-icious, just wait. Mine's terrible. I'm sorry.)

Oh! I forgot you bought an iPhone! That's so cool, though. You see, I have a second generation iPod touch (AKA the iPod from the Stone Age), and I can't even update it to iOs 5. It's a piece of crap. Just yesterday, I tried doing this thing (long story) to update it, and instead of doing what it was supposed to, it erased all my apps. All of them. The problem is, I can't download any of them again. I had the iPod a while ago, when the apps were still compatible with my version. But now they are no longer compatible, and I can't download them. So no apps for me!

I proposed an idea to my parents: At the end of our eighth grade year, my parents buy us a phone. Also, because I belong to the Lutheran church (woo, Lutherans, woo :P), I get Confirmed in the church this year. It's a big deal or whatever, so they buy us a gift for that one, too. So, we could combine the two, and get me an iPHONE! I said I'd even throw in the money I do have (I'm sort of broke right now).

My mom didn't go for it because the monthly fees for smartphones are a lot more than normal phones. That means it probably won't happen, but I CAN HOPE. :P

Okay, rant done.

LOL, Supernatural actually did help me get over the serial killer paranoia, Usually it just happens when I'm home alone. I have a really scary basement (Artemis--fourteen and still scared of her basement), though, because it's split up into three sections, cut off with doors. There's the one where we watch TV and on rare occasions I play video games (Shadow of the Colossus, baby). That section isn't scary, except for the "BAZINGA" poster my older sister hung up with Sheldon from the Big Bang Theory on it. The other part is my dad's workshop/makeshift office. That part doesn't scare me much either. It's just that back section which is our little storehouse that freaks me out. There are shelves jutting out from the wall, and from the point of entrance, you cannot see into those rows of shelves, especially the very dark ones at the end.

I know it sounds dumb, but since I was very young, I was convinced there was a serial killer down there. Haha, it sounds so stupid! But it's true. I love learning and reading and watching things about serial killers because they're so fascinating and psycho, but the thought of one hiding behind the shelves in my basement? No thanks.

But Supernatural did make it better because it made an idea more real--the scary part, although it's all fiction--but the solution more real, too (although it's all fiction). Know what I mean?

And, yeah, my mom says that if I babysit, I have to take the course. I really don't want to take the course. I guess it's important to learn all that stuff, because, knowing me, I'd be clueless without it. (I'm good with kids, but the whole taking care of them thing...not so much.)

Ugh, I hate when people get after me for using "big words" (GOOD words) in conversation. It's like, "What, would you like me to talk like a dumb person?" There's no point in dumbing down your language, I've learned. My friends are weird about it and like to pretend they know what I'm saying. Sometimes I notice them just smiling and nodding, and I ask, "You do know what [insert word here] means, right?" And they'll say no and I'm devastated. Last year I taught all my friends the word "vague." VAGUE. VAAAAGUE. They didn't know what vague meant. So now whenever it comes up in conversation, the one girl makes a big deal out of it and is like, "I know what that means because of you!" And I think, "You should've known without me telling you."

It kills me.

But "contradict"? Another simple word. Contradict?! Jeez. Is this what we've come to, Americans? That's just sad.

Are they really still into the Kpop thing? STILL? I thought that phase would've ended ages ago...

LOL, it's just so easy to get off topic. I kind of feel like the Internet was created just so people could get off topic, know what I mean? Because I always get really off topic on the Internet...

WOO, ALTNATION IS THE BEST STATION. It's pretty much all I listen to (unless it's Radiohead, whom they happen to have an obsession with, or Vampire Weekend, who I simply cannot stand). I love that station so much. Except for the stupid commercial things they do in between songs. So annoying. And even Madison, the one DJ chick, is less annoying to me now. That's where I get most of my music. My mom and I joke that it's the "hipster" station because they tend to play a lot of the undiscovered alt/rock stuff (as well as a lot of the well-known stuff).

There's another alternative station (this one's from Milwaukee) that I listen to. It's hilarious. Most of the time they play 90's alternative and it's very annoying. It usually takes them a few months before they start playing the stuff I've been hearing on Altnation for ages. Like, that "Trojans" song by Atlas Genius (whom I will be seeing with Imagine Dragons very soon!) that Altnation played to death this summer? The Milwaukee station decided about a month ago that is was "new music" and that they should play it nonstop.

It's so funny. So annoying.

All right, I will stop. That was too much on stupid alternative radio. *slaps self over the head* BE CONCISE. STOP RAMBLING.

Ha, you think of me when Death Cab is on? I feel so special. xD I kind of consider them to be "my band" now, which, yeah, is creepy. But, hey, I've seen them in concert twice and AM a little creepy about them. I love that band. :D

I wish someday that I could meet most of the people on this site, especially you because I know you the best. Like, wouldn't it be cool to meet all these people? I think it's funny how well we get along online, but would be the same in real life? I would hope so.

And I do plan on making it a tradition! I was outside, and I'm like, "I'm gonna do this every single year." It will be one of the only traditions I actually have. And it will be wonderful.

WOO! Now the 2012 apocalypse is just a fictitious event! We made it! (Thank you, Sam and Dean. xD)

Now, to keep this on topic, New Year’s Resolutions:

-Be nice to people. I recently realized how I'm not really the nicest of people altogether and how that probably should change, so I'm going to make an effort. See, it's not easy being snarky and sarcastic, because some people will never get it and hate you for it.

-Less soda. It kills me. My stomach freaks out on me when I drink soda, which kind of sucks because I love soda. I already can't drink milk because I'm lactose intolerant (and, anyway, the concept of milk is disturbing enough, and now that I've gone a year and a half without drinking any, I can't get myself to try it again). That makes two drinks I really shouldn't drink, if I want to keep myself in good shape.

-RUN MORE. I love running, but I don't do it enough. I'm making it my goal to run at least twice a week.

-Write more and finish another novel! Alyce is just a few chapters away from done, and I'm ready to start the next one. Hopefully it won't take too long to finish the next one. That's a goal for me.

-Less Internet time. I'm a hopeless addict, so I need to stop before it gets any worse. :P

That's about it. I think they're okay. Most of the time I hate resolutions because no one remembers them a month later, but I thought I'd try for once.

xoxoArtemis

Haha. I love how I have found someone who can ramble like me. :) Except I have a feeling my ramblings can be very scattered and not make a lick of sense but... I guess that is rambling for you. Never hold back though. It is better to say too much than too little. ;)

Yeah. I had the second generation Ipod touch as well before I had to be an idiot and loose the damn thing. Not that I cared much at that point since all I ever used the thing for was music because, like you, all my apps got screwed up. I think the only reason my parents agreed to me getting one was because we all switched over to sprint and got rid of our costly home phone plan with at&t so we actually got a sweeter deal buying all smart phones for the unlimited plan sprint offers. It is the first time for any of us to have smart phones so it's been kinda weird. My mom got the 4 for free even and I got my 5 for 100$ less because we switched all our phones over. I still have to pay my dad 30$ a month to have one but that isn't as hard as 80$ a month would have been. :P And, hey, you can always get the latest Itouch if the phone doesn't work out. :) I'll cross my fingers for you though.

Haha. I wish I had a basement. The only other basement I've ever seen in my life (Texas doesn't really do basements as much because there is too much rock in the ground to dig very deep) is my grandmother's and she lived in Missouri. Now that was a creepy basement. I still, to this day, never could understand how my brother was able to sleep down there. lol.

Honestly? Babysitting isn't as complicated as you may think. I have yet to take care of an actual BABY but toddlers that have been potty trained already? Piece of cake. :P I think it would be good to go to the class though. :)

Anyway...

THANK YOU! I am so glad I have someone who understands the whole "big words" thing. You probably have an even better vocabulary than me but I feel like we have a similar level of "big word" usage in conversations. And VAGUE?? Wow. And I thought my friends were being ridiculous for criticizing my employment of the word "contradict" and a slew of other words that could hardly been considered "big". And yeah, I'll admit, I don't talk normal compared to the rest of the world's standards most of the time, but you'd think my friends would at least admire or appreciate a fine word when they see one. Nope. Instead they accuse me of trying to be impressive. I think I wanted to slap (and I wont name names) my friend for saying it was annoying. At least your friends, while they obviously need to build their vocabulary, don't discourage you for having superior literary knowledge. Ugh. I love my friends, I do, but sometimes it is extremely difficult to tolerate them. There is nothing worse than being teamed up on in a group of close friends for being different.

And to answer your question? Yes. The Kpop thing is still going on. It is going on stronger than ever, much to my dismay. That fandom is an endless splurge of similar sounding Asian names, Kpop music videos, and Korean dramas. They even are starting to read the gay fan fictions on certain band members. Now THAT is weird.

Just another one of those things I tolerate because I am such an awesome friend. :P

Aha! I had a sneaking suspicion that you listened to AltNation. And you should feel special. That whole station reminds me of you. That music is part of your identity, Artemis. :)

Hmm. You don't have to answer this. Lol. I'm just curious. But what music do you think would remind you of me? I can't seem to put my finger on a specific genre. My mother says that I have a very wide horizon when it comes to music...

Someday we will meet. I don't know when or how, but MCMB will have a reunion and everyone will come from around the world and we will see each other in person. It will be epic. I think it should be like a place from one of Megs books to make it even more epic. Like New York or Carmel or Maryland or something. Wouldn't that be like the coolest get together ever?

Truly though? It's kinda tragic how we can't see each other in real life. We all have so much in common and are such cool people.

Oh, off topicness, how I love you. :P

New Year Resolution:

-Post a new story on here. Stick with it for at least twelve chapters no matter how crappy it turns out to be.

-Run more. :) I hate running but I've been doing it lately and it really feels accomplishing to say you went for a run on your own. And I need the exercise.

-Read more. My new goal for the new year is to read at least 40 books. I read 27 this year total but I feel like I can do better than that.

-Be nicer. That sounds like an excellent idea, Artemis. I could definitely work on being nicer to my parents.

-Harry Potter Marathon. That is so going down this year.

-Reconnect. Start making more effort with people I don't normally talk to.

-Catch up on MCMB. I need to step up my game on this site. It's like a ghost town around here.

-Get my license. I'm scared...

-Break at least two of my rotten habits and replace them with good ones.

I should leave the list at that. I don't know if I can reach all those goals but I'll try. :P

Ps. Excuse any bad grammar. I'm too lazy to go back and correct it all. ^_^

#248 Pretty.Odd.

Pretty.Odd.

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,567 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:22 PM

^Rambling is supposed to be scattered, I believe. It's meant to get off topic and go in all sorts of crazy directions, because that's what it's there for.

I always tend to ramble in real life conversations, too. Once I get started on a topic I'm interested in, there is no stopping me. I can just talk and talk and talk, and no one stops me because they're never interested in what I'm saying anyway and have absolutely nothing to say on the matter, but are happy to have someone fill in the awkward silence that would be there otherwise. Except I'm the one feeling awkward then, because it's apparent that I'm the only one who cares about what I'm saying.

That's what 90% of conversations with people are like recently. The people stand there, half listen to me, half wish they were somewhere else, and then when I finish, they smile and nod and give me a simple reply that could be a reply to anything, such as "cool" or "wow, that's really interesting" or--my two least favorites--"okay" and "oh."

The other day one of my friends turned away from me half way through what I was saying. Hence the reason I hate socializing.

All right. Anyway. Enough going on about my life problems!

It's pretty great that phone companies all offer different deals that work for different people and situations. My parents both have their smart phones (my mom has an iPhone and my dad has a Droid that he refuses to replace), and my older sister has an older phone that still works fine. I'm pretty positive that I will not be getting an iPhone because my older sister would murder me if I had one and she didn't (just kidding; she's actually pretty nice as far as sisters go). But I'm hoping I somehow strike a deal with my parents. And I'd be happy with a newer iTouch if that doesn't work out. I want one of those fancy new ones with the colors. So perdy. :P

Basements are kind of overrated, lol. xD Nothing good happens in basements, except for the fact that I watch all my TV down there, pretty much. My sisters and I have a sacred ritual that must be performed before watching SPN. The older one turns on the Wii to get Netflix going, the younger one turns off the dehumidifier, and I sit there anxiously awaiting the next episode. We all have certain spots, too, and we yell at each other if someone else is sitting in My Spot. It's amusing, really.

Why am I telling you this? Gah. I'm just saying whatever comes to mind now.

I think I'm going to suck it up and do the babysitting class purely for the sake of making some money. I need it. :P

Yes! It's irritating that people don't understand that a person can use big words in conversation simply because that's how they think and write as well as speak, not because they want to be "impressive." It's useless to dumb down the way you talk if that's how you think. If you're capable of it, why settle for less? It's as simple as that. People should understand that the usage of so-called "big words" isn't always to sound "impressive"--although some people certainly talk that way to sound just that--it's just how. It. Is.

Jeeeez. How do you put up with nonstop talk of that stuff? Look, I don't care if you really, really like something, but come on. It's okay to be fangirly, but not like that, please. You don't see me reading gay fanfiction, do you? (Being part of two fandoms infamous for their gay fanfiction is kind of sad. I speak of SPN and MCR. I refuse to ever read band fanfiction of any kind for those reasons. I don't have a problem with fanfiction in general, but sometimes...one can't help but wonder what drives people to write some of that stuff.)

I have a friend whose life is Kpop/all things Korean. I absolutely love her. She's so fun and also writes, so that's extra awesome. But sometimes I wonder about the weird things she does with that fandom. Hey, if that's what she likes, so be it. I haven't talked to her in a while (D:), so I guess I don't get bombarded with it quite like I did last year.

Regardless, I empathize. My friends are obsessed over freaking Justin Bieber. It's all they can talk about, and I cannot stand the pretentious fool. There's nothing I like about him or his music, and I have to hear about it nonstop. It's not very fun, but I pretend it's all good and act like I care.

AUUUUUUGH. I must be so annoying to them. All they hear about is Supernatural and bands and Doctor Who and WRITING and all that. At least I can talk about other things, though. I would like to see them do the things I do for them at some point, because when I talk, it's a very one-sided conversation. When they talk, it's two-sided. Not sure, but I think a friendship is supposed to be different than that...

I really can't stand people. I would like to go live out by myself in the woods and become a hermit. Sounds rather pleasant compared to dealing with society and all its ridiculousness, actually.

I'm sure I'll regret putting this on the Internet at one point or another--tomorrow, probably--but hey. It's obvious enough, if you read between the lines, so to speak.

Yeah, Altnation is my life, pretty much. That's all--it's just my life. If I had to pick one thing that I couldn't live without, it would be either that or Chinese food or maybe the Internet. Okay, probably the Internet. (Sigh. Addiction.) But, still. I love that station to death.

See, I think of so much stuff musically when it comes to you! Here are just a few things that come to mind:

-First of all, I think of our similar tastes in music, because I do think we share many of the same musical interests. So, the alt/rock stuff.
-Then I probably think of your interest in the more alt/emo stuff, because that's fresh in my mind right now.
-I also think of country music. That's the one where we're different. I was brought up by a mom who can't stand country, so I never got into it. That's one of the genres I don't care for. I think because you like it and I don't, it stands out to me. Know what I mean?
-Last but not least, I think of classic rock, purely because Supernatural and our brief talks of it on the AiD thread. I really do. When I think of Meg and music, that comes to mind, too.

So there you go! That's how I organized that little thing in my head. Yes, I make lists like that in my head. When I think, I'm typing (because I write so much). I literally type out what I'm thinking in my head. I also make charts and lists.

I think about thinking too much.

(My sister is listening to the "Sherlock Holmes"--the Robert Downey Jr. one--movie score in the shower right now. Hilarious.)

YES! Everyone, or at least the ones that are active a lot, will meet up somewhere from Meg's books. That's so perfect. It's the one thing we all have in common no matter what. Gaaah. That would be so cool.

My inner pessimist is telling me it will never happen and that the thought is dumb, but I WANT IT TO HAPPEN SO BADLY. Someday, someday...

You have good resolutions! All of them I was saying, "Yes, yes, what good plans..." (Well, it was in a less creepy way than that. xD) Except for the getting your license part, which I can't do, being fourteen and all. I'm sure it's sometime away yet, but I will say it anyway: GOOD LUCK. I'd be scared but eager. :D

Goals are good things, but they're also bad things, I think. It's so uplifting when you reach them, but when you don't, you feel like crap. Or at least it's like that for me, because that's how I work. Everything is always negative in my head. Perks of being a pessimist, right?

Oh, here's another one:

-More optimism, less pessimism.

xoxoArtemis

#249 24moon100

24moon100

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 5,131 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:31 AM

Haha. I guess you are right. Rambling is all of those things... And yes! I know how you feel with the whole going off on a topic that I'm really passionate abou that no one cares. I'm lucky to have my mother I guess since she listens to me the majority of the tone when I have something to rant about but sometimes it is just not the same.

Your sisters sound cool, man! I mean, obviously since they watch SPN, (that instantly makes you awesome) but also because y'all all just seem really close. I wish I had that some times. I'm basically an only child but I've got a half brother that I still hang out with but he is like 9 years older than me. I also have a half sister but that is a long story. The closest I've come to a sibling that sticks around all the time is my German exchange student. She and I had a Harry Potter marathon once. It was epic. We only made it through the fifth one but still. That just makes you cool if you can watch five HP movies in a row. ;)

In regards to the Kpop thing: I'm not exactly sure how I put up with it. I think it is half because they have let up on talking about it in front of me and half because we don't see each other as much. But I've learned to cope and I guess there is not much else I can do without getting overly obsessed myself :P

Ouch. Justin Bieber? (Aha you said pretentious! Praise for an awesome word!) And I thought I had to tolorate a lot. Man, that just sucks. You see, what you talk about wouldn't be boring to me. I'd actually be able to reciprocate 90% of that conversation. ;)

This is kinda related to what we were talking about but do you know what I love? When songs have "big words". That just makes me so happy. Lol.

Haha I feel so impressed that you know me so well. Gold stars to you for being one of the best cyber friends I have. :P That whole list you made sums up the majority of my music. Funny you mentioned country because while I love it I haven't really listened to it in a while.

We will get together. It is a long shot, but I have hope. :)

Anyway, I'm sorry for the wimpy response. Normally I'd ramble away but I'm doing this from my phone. That will also explain any misspellings or typos that you come across. Just FYI.

May we at least attempt our New Years resolutions.

-Meg

#250 24moon100

24moon100

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 5,131 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:31 AM

Haha. I guess you are right. Rambling is all of those things... And yes! I know how you feel with the whole going off on a topic that I'm really passionate abou that no one cares. I'm lucky to have my mother I guess since she listens to me the majority of the tone when I have something to rant about but sometimes it is just not the same.

Your sisters sound cool, man! I mean, obviously since they watch SPN, (that instantly makes you awesome) but also because y'all all just seem really close. I wish I had that some times. I'm basically an only child but I've got a half brother that I still hang out with but he is like 9 years older than me. I also have a half sister but that is a long story. The closest I've come to a sibling that sticks around all the time is my German exchange student. She and I had a Harry Potter marathon once. It was epic. We only made it through the fifth one but still. That just makes you cool if you can watch five HP movies in a row. ;)

In regards to the Kpop thing: I'm not exactly sure how I put up with it. I think it is half because they have let up on talking about it in front of me and half because we don't see each other as much. But I've learned to cope and I guess there is not much else I can do without getting overly obsessed myself :P

Ouch. Justin Bieber? (Aha you said pretentious! Praise for an awesome word!) And I thought I had to tolorate a lot. Man, that just sucks. You see, what you talk about wouldn't be boring to me. I'd actually be able to reciprocate 90% of that conversation. ;)

This is kinda related to what we were talking about but do you know what I love? When songs have "big words". That just makes me so happy. Lol.

Haha I feel so impressed that you know me so well. Gold stars to you for being one of the best cyber friends I have. :P That whole list you made sums up the majority of my music. Funny you mentioned country because while I love it I haven't really listened to it in a while.

Anyway, I'm sorry for the wimpy response. Normally I'd ramble away but I'm doing this from my phone. That will also explain any misspellings or typos that you come across. Just FYI.

-Meg

#251 24moon100

24moon100

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 5,131 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:32 AM

Ah darn. The double post. Stupid IPhone you broke my streak. It's been like years. :/

#252 Pretty.Odd.

Pretty.Odd.

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,567 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:37 PM

-Meg

Ah! See, my mom listens to a lot of what I say, but I can usually tell when she doesn't care and that bugs me. She's the best to talk to about emotional stuff, though. My older sister often will just say "oh" or something like that, but she likes to tune me out because I talk a LOT. My younger sister listens to pretty much anything I say, so that's nice. xD I don't see my dad as much because he works, but he and I get to have nice conversations about Doctor Who (he's very passionate about Doctor Who and the reason I started watching the show in the first place) and Supernatural (he's seen S1-6, which makes for wonderful conversations :D). Unlike my mom, my dad doesn't mind my SPN obsession (my mom thinks my sisters and I are weird, lol).

My family listens to me just fine, just not...other people. I have this one friend who lets me talk to him about Supernatural, and I think he's a little freaked out (mostly just confused, especially about the Leviathan/purgatory business). In the summer, he tried watching the show but didn't make it five minutes because the beginning "freaked him out." Bahaha.

Other people like to turn around and stop listening to me IN THE MIDDLE OF MY SENTENCES. So I'm always happy when I find people like you who will listen to me. :D

Ah, my sisters and I are incredibly close. We actually spend so much time around each other that we have the tendency to even say the same thing at the same time. We practically think the same way. They're my best friends, but it also gets kind of ugly. We don't have any problems yelling at each other. So we are extremely close, but it's not all pleasant, either.

It must be really weird not to have sisters. I honestly can't imagine it. D: At least you have those people, though, right? It's nice to have people you're close to, like your German exchange student (woo, Germans! I'm, like, third generation German, so that's kind of cool. Wisconsin is so full of German people that it's not even funny. Beer and sausage! ;)) who is clearly amazing since you had a Harry Potter marathon with her (even though you only made it through 5—which is still extremely impressive). I have yet to have a REAL Harry Potter marathon. We had a Lord of the Rings marathon on our drive to Seattle two summers ago with the portable movie players we sometimes use on road trips, but that's the closest thing I've had to a legitimate movie marathon. (TV marathons on the other hand…) Sometime I will do it, though.

I hate it when people get super into things you couldn't care less about. Ugh. Like Kpop or Justin Bieber or whatever it happens to be. It's just annoying. I suppose it goes both ways, since I'm into all this geeky TV stuff and alternative music that they don't like, but at least I make an effort not to bother them with it. In fact, I purposely don't talk about it around them. I wish they'd have the courtesy to do the same thing.

(Also, "pretentious" is my favorite word, and I sort of overuse it... But when you love a word, you do that. :P I just find it so perfectly insulting.)

Yes! I love when songs use "big words"! I actually learned "surreptitious" (another one of my favorites!) from a Panic! At The Disco Song ("There’s a Good Reason These Tables Are Numbered Honey, You Just Haven't Thought of It Yet"). That's the one that comes to mind right away, but, yeah, I love it when that happens. A good vocabulary makes everything better.

LOL. I think we both have a decent understand of each other by now. :D It's funny--the one person I know outside of my sisters that I actually have things in common with is someone from freaking Texas who I will likely never meet. Woooo. I guess I haven't gotten the full social experience since I go to a very small private school with very few people, but come on. How does it work out like that? :P

Seriously, though. Not fair.

YOU WROTE ALL OF THAT FROM YOUR PHONE?! Augh. Phones hate me. I can text off of our home phone and everything (we have a cell phone instead of a landline; long story). It's just that (a) I don't have anyone to text because no one gives me their number :D and (B) phones hate me. I have phone anxiety. I can't talk on them to save my life because I'm super awkward (it's apparently another introvert quirk :P). Texting pretty much always means multitasking and I'm the world's worst multitasker...

NEW YEAR'S RESOLUTION:

-Work on multitasking!

So far I'm doing well with my resolutions! Just got home from a three-mile run at the Y and feelin' good. Writing is well, except for the fact that MY CHARACTERS WILL NOT COOPERATE IN THE LEAST. They're suddenly acting very out of character, which is very inconvenient since it's the end of the book and I just want to be done. I NEED them to cooperate. I wrote a chapter during the football game (yaaay, Green Bay won :D) yesterday, and I can barely use any of it because CATO IS SO OUT OF CHARACTER. Even his dialogue is weird. D: Noooo. First time that has ever happened with his character.

Also, I'm done with this character development crap. Static characters (Ariadne!) FTW!

Well, won't you look at this great holiday discussion? This is officially not about the holidays. I think we need a whole chat topic. LOL.

xoxoArtemis

#253 24moon100

24moon100

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 5,131 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:49 PM

Haha let's just move this conversation elsewhere. I'll start a topic. We can go there for whenever we have things to ramble about to each other. It'll work better than commenting on each other's profiles (I suck at that) and it'll avoid the going off topic in the Holliday Discussion thread even more than we already have.

Speaking of resolutions though? Finished book number one of my goal of 40 books. That's about all the dent I've made. Wooo!

Edited by 24moon100, 06 January 2013 - 09:49 PM.

#254 Pretty.Odd.

Pretty.Odd.

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,567 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:54 PM

Haha let's just move this conversation elsewhere. I'll start a topic. We can go there for whenever we have things to ramble about to each other. It'll work better than commenting on each other's profiles (I suck at that) and it'll avoid the going off topic in the Holliday Discussion thread even more than we already have.

Speaking of resolutions though? Finished book number one of my goal of 40 books. That's about all the dent I've made. Wooo!

Marvelous idea! I don't want to spam the topic with unrelated things. Plus it's hard to talk via commenting on profiles because you only get a few words in due to length restrictions.

And good job with your first book! *claps*

xoxoArtemis

#255 zainy444

zainy444

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,896 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 12:03 AM

Happy Holidays everyone! Spending Christmas in beautiful NYC this year and could not be more excited! What are everyone's plans/traditions?

#256 Anica Sharon

Anica Sharon

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 06:52 AM

I visited Maldives for some days along with my family. This was my first ever visit over here. So dig this in internet about the place to know more and chose well Maldives, which is an awesome place to live for if you are a nature lover..

I came back from the island of Kuredu about two weeks ago and I have to say it was stunning! I went there for scuba diving and it is probably the best diving I have had - not as many different fish as Hawaii but the sheer volume has to be seen to be believed. They have powder soft sand is true, the sun was glorious and the sea really is that azure blue. I was lucky enough to travel by seaplane from the main airport to Kuredu, and flying over the atolls has to be seen to be believed.
It was a Joyful Travel..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users