• Please log in to reply
255 replies to this topic

#46 peanut_butter

peanut_butter

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 6,313 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 06:49 PM

^That's pretty cool, though. It makes a good story, at the very least.

Love,
Gracey :elmo:

#47 hypahgirl

hypahgirl

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 300 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 11:35 PM

I'll admit its kinda interesting, but only THREE presents from your parents? Not to sound greedy but...

#48 amee821

amee821

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 12:02 PM

^^^I only get one present from my parents. After the age of 10 the amount of gifts dwindled to a few and then by the time I was 15/16 it was only one gift. In my family you sort of have to be a kid to get more than one or a few gifts at Christmas (birthdays too).

#49 CrazyClavie

CrazyClavie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Moderators
  • 10,577 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 12:18 PM

:D

Well, since I got no grandparents on either side of the family anymore, we are pretty much on our own.
Though we usually end up hanging with some aunts and uncles.

But in my house is weird 'cause my mom's birthday is on the 25th, and mine is on the 31st. Mom loves it, I hate it.
But I cope.

We don't do presents in my house so no X-mas shopping on than front, is mostly my parents taking us to various malls during the season and saying "Oks, what do you want?" and so we get stuff. Last year I got my first ever Kipling Bag (I wanted one of this for years and years) and I made mom pay for my books. This year I got a new cell phone from my mom, and my dad bought me a new lap top a couple of months ago. :)

I'll probably get some chocolates for my sister since we both like Ferrero Roche.

And I already mailed out my presents and cards. I have to mail them out at the very beginning of December since the mail here is quite slow and it takes almost a month for my cards to reach my friends who live far, far away.

Still X-mas season is a big deal for me, though not necessarily X-mas day. I go totally crazy with lights and decorations, I LOVE LIGHTS!!! But only let them use color ones, I don't like whites 'cause I think they look too Department Store-y. And My sister Boo and I try to get a bigger tree each year.

And then there is the food!!! Mom makes all of our favorites. Mostly Mexican stuff. And we eat early, around nine, since no one sees a reason to starve till after midnight like most families. Usually we go to church too to please my mom. And when we come back we watch movies. Three years ago we saw TROY five times in a row (Yes, that's how much I love Eric Bana); two years ago we saw all the Lord of the Rings. And last year we saw I think Enemy at the Gates. :)

#50 hypahgirl

hypahgirl

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 300 posts

Posted 14 December 2007 - 12:40 AM

SATURDAY IS THE CHRISTMAS BALL AND I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I don't know if I can sleep!!

We're having TWENTY guests over for christmas and my room has been put in the same sentence as a pigsty.

#51 hypahgirl

hypahgirl

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 300 posts

Posted 14 December 2007 - 09:53 AM

Dad wants to move our grandma's tree that she gave us (we have two trees now) which we already moved from the attic. :074: . NEVER!

#52 Guest_~Vampire~Bite~_*

Guest_~Vampire~Bite~_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 December 2007 - 06:05 PM

What kind of Christmas tree do you usually put up? An artificial tree or a real one?

We got a real one for the first time this year. I love it.

My family has this tradition where we go to a Tree Farm and pick out a tree, which I always love and look forward to; though, last year the tradition was broken when we got a tree from Home Depot or Lowe's because we had moved into our has like a week ago and didn't have time to go to the Tree Farm. My mom sometimes doesn't like going to the Tree Farm because we can't get Frasier Furs, which are everyone's favorite, because they are so dang expensive.

This year because we've spent a lot of money fixing up our house we aren't getting a ton of presents, but I'm okay with that; it's free and it's for me, so I'm happy. But the Christmas I love better is when we go to Birmingham (Alabama, not the one in England) because our family is there, more importantly my Uncle is there, and it's fun being around family like that. Yeah, I get two Christmases, one at my house and then one at my Aunt and Uncle's house.

Another tradition we have at our house is baking cookies and then decorating them crazily. That's what we're doing tonight actually. I pretty much just eat the icing instead of putting it on the cookie. Yum.

Oh, and my Dad is coming home tonight! He's been in Michigan for the past like five days, and he finally gets to relax, because three weeks ago he was in England. Yeah, he's been traveling a lot. For his Christmas present my Sister, Mom, and Brother are chipping in to get him a ping-pong table, which he's been wanting for a long time.

Anyway, I think I've blabbed enough.

#53 lily_li14

lily_li14

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 704 posts

Posted 14 December 2007 - 11:05 PM

Ah, the holidays. Such a lovely, strange time of year.

Cor, there's holly everywhere in my house right now. Every time I turn a corner, it's like my dad's put up some more. The man's gone crackers with the Christmas spirit, I tell you - he's been asking me to help him bake, for chrissake. My father has never in his life baked anything besides those "break and bake" Nestle Tollhouse cookies. To say that he's excited about his family coming from Ireland would be a terrible, terrible understatement.

I don't really know what I want for Christmas. I'm always like "I don't know, I don't really want anything in particular," because honestly, I already have a lot of stuff. I could use some gift cards, I guess, but that's about it.

Unless, of course, grand theft Frank Iero suddenly becomes legal. ^_^

#54 LitenFrida

LitenFrida

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,041 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 10:42 AM

Since there are A LOT of holiday albums out there, I was just wondering, which ones are your favourites?

I have to say, the one I keep coming back to is Sufjan Stevens Songs for Christmas box. I bought it in Paris last year and I haven't been able to listen to any other holiday music than his now. It's really wonderful.

#55 amee821

amee821

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 12:00 PM

I have quite a few Christmas cds that I listen to. Reba McEntire, Clay Aiken, The Carpenters, Kenny G, SheDaisy, George Strait, and then just a misc. cd with some old songs and newer songs.

#56 aura s.

aura s.

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 895 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 03:32 PM

Here in Puerto Rico we listen to American Christmas carols, also we translate them and give them (along with our own songs) the Boricua flavor with:

The Cuatro

Posted Image

Maracas

Posted Image

Guiro (this is a Cuban Guiro, can't find the Puertorrican one)

Posted Image

Sometimes we use the Classical Guitar

Posted Image

On special events we use

Pleneras (our real drumbs)

Posted Image

Christmas here is very diverse

Sally

#57 hypahgirl

hypahgirl

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 300 posts

Posted 21 December 2007 - 02:14 PM

Since there are A LOT of holiday albums out there, I was just wondering, which ones are your favourites?

We have this one cd called stories and songs of christmas it's got really good stories which include the hillarious Hark! The Herald Preschoolers Sing! which is a spoof of Luke 2 in the manner of a preschool christmas play

#58 HRH_Ft_Louie

HRH_Ft_Louie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 6,248 posts

Posted 23 December 2007 - 10:58 PM

Happy Festivus everyone!

Love,
Lauren

#59 the_tall_girl

the_tall_girl

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 12,332 posts

Posted 25 December 2007 - 01:41 AM

I've just had three glasses of white wine and my head is POUNDING.

Oh, my god. At one thirty in the morning and my family's still goin' strong. We'll last for the next four hours...and THEN go to sleep.

:D :D I have so many annoying cousins that I want to pound to dust and throw them off the balcony, but this is awesome...minus the headache that has developed.

I lobe Christmas.

...and I'm still wondering what I'm doing on the computer..

MERRY CHRISTMAS, EVERYONE!

Lobe,
Jules

#60 starprincess98

starprincess98

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,107 posts

Posted 25 December 2007 - 12:22 PM

Merry Christmas everyone!!! (Yes, I know that purple is not a Christmasy color, but I don't care)

I hope everyone got mostly what they wanted!!! I'm getting a new cell phone that will actually be PRETTY and get service in places!!! So I'm happy. :)

Have a good day!!
:m: Jocie

#61 noodles

noodles

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 25 December 2007 - 04:39 PM

wanna hear me singg???

well whatever. I'm gonna anyway.

me singing silent night. I sound incredibly nasal because of this stupid cold. *grumbles*

a little...christmas present? *shrug*

-nhu

Posted Image

#62 noodles

noodles

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 25 December 2007 - 05:08 PM

*pst* you have to scroll down and then click on "Download File"...just in case you didn't know.

sorry. the eggnog is gettin' to me.

-nhu

#63 the_tall_girl

the_tall_girl

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 12,332 posts

Posted 25 December 2007 - 05:10 PM

omfg.

That's YOU? Damn, Nhu. That was freaking brilliant. You sounded all...professional. All you needed were some hard rockin' instruments and a song that's not about Christmas and you could be friggin Amy Lee. I'm gonna start a band (as soon as I learn guitar) and you'll be the lead singer. haha

But, no seriously. That was awesome.

*scoffs*

I wanna sing like that, you perv.

:(

MERRY CHRISTMAS...again!

#64 cheermeon

cheermeon

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 3,963 posts

Posted 25 December 2007 - 07:06 PM

Dude Nhu, you should port that on Youtube and become Esmee Denters (now signed with Justin Timberlake).
It rocks.

#65 aura s.

aura s.

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 895 posts

Posted 25 December 2007 - 08:12 PM

Merry Christmas

Hope your day is full of blessings and presents!!!!!!

What were your presents? Were they what you expected?

Sally

#66 Hugs*&*Kisses

Hugs*&*Kisses

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 6,818 posts

Posted 25 December 2007 - 08:45 PM

wanna hear me singg???

well whatever. I'm gonna anyway.

me singing silent night. I sound incredibly nasal because of this stupid cold. *grumbles*

a little...christmas present? *shrug*

-nhu

Nhu! That was great!

HAPPY BOXING DAY EVERYONE!

Why's it called Boxing Day, though? Hmm..

Joanne~..xx

#67 noodles

noodles

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 25 December 2007 - 09:00 PM

oh my cheesesticks people, I ain't that good. lol.

christmas for me this year was bland.

very..bland.

I've been watching movies on Youtube all day long *sigh*

-nhu

#68 violagirl

violagirl

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 3,381 posts

Posted 25 December 2007 - 10:29 PM

I had a good Christmas. I spent the day at home with my family. We opened gifts this morning and then had a turkey dinner. For Christmas I got money, a laptop case, Harry Potter 5, Ugly Betty season 1, Disney version of Scene It, and a Spyro the Dragon game for Gamecube. What did everyone else get?

#69 Bella Catarina

Bella Catarina

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Moderators
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 26 December 2007 - 11:18 AM

I liked your singing, Nhu. :D Much better than I could do... Kat can't sing. <_< Or at least, not really.

I got a desktop computer (Ohmygod!), Harry Potter 5 on DVD, Peppermints, a makeup kit (from my little sister), Texas quarters from the US Mint, some earrings, and a 25 dollar amazon gift certificate (from my aunt and uncle).

*does crazy Christmas dance*

Merry Boxing Day, everyone! ;)

Kat :spinstar:

#70 cheermeon

cheermeon

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 3,963 posts

Posted 26 December 2007 - 11:22 AM

Ash got clothes, a camera, purse, $200 Itunes, $700 Borders.

But Kat is tres lucky.

#71 Clarity

Clarity

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 6,982 posts

Posted 26 December 2007 - 12:07 PM

For Chirstmas I got a purse, a wallet, boots, books (Atonement by Ian McEwan and Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert), Heroes season 1, a MS State sweatshirt, a couple sweaters and shirts from AE, and my favorite: my sister got me a digital camera. It's a blue Sony Cybershot, and I love it.

#72 Pink*Snowflake

Pink*Snowflake

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,311 posts

Posted 26 December 2007 - 01:24 PM

Ah, the holidays. I love them so much. ;)

I may sound really clichè, but I personally love giving gifts to people for the holidays. Granted, I also love getting them (who doesn't?), but I love the anticipation of someone opening something I got them.

I gave my friends little holiday cupcakes, these cute little Coach charms I found when I went shopping at the mall, and iTunes gift cards. My friend who is practically like a sister to me needed something a little special, so I got her this cute little Coach wristlet, which she loved. (Correction: she threw herself on me, thus causing me to have a bruise on my elbow. But it was worth it. :D)

I made my mom a homemade gift, which I called "Claire Wills." Basically, she shows me the booklit I made for her of Claire Wills, and I have to do one of them. Like I might have to clean a room, or whatever. I thought I could at least do something for HER for a change, and she liked it.

I got my dad these cool audiobooks and CDs, which he likes to listen to. So now he has something to listen to if he's bored.

I got my sister this book bag with a doodle of Jane Austen on it, since she's a fan of her. It's a pretty good size, so she could books in it or something.

So, hopefully, everyone will enjoy their gifts. :)

Claire
:spinstar:

#73 m0nkey_luvs

m0nkey_luvs

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 3,638 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 06:16 PM

Ha, I found this in the back of OT

Halloween is in less than a month!

I don't know what I'm going to be...

-Anna

#74 Musically Obsessed

Musically Obsessed

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 3,117 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 08:11 PM

Ee! Halloween is the bomb, I'm so glad you bumped this thread.

I'm going to be something scary. None of that "sexy", girly stuff. Think Cady from Mean Girls but not as ugly. :3

#75 Clarity

Clarity

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 6,982 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 08:14 PM

I know some of my friends are going to be Disney characters for Halloween, so if I do anything I'll be a Disney character. I don't really have any plans at the moment, though.

#76 Musically Obsessed

Musically Obsessed

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 3,117 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 09:34 PM

Hehe, that's always a cute idea. I've heard some weird ones, like being a traffic cone or a giant box of cereal. Haha.

#77 Stickit2-the-MAN

Stickit2-the-MAN

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 01:52 PM

Does anyone else wait till the 24th of December to put their tree up? My mum believes that the tree should be up for only twelve days. And does anybody else put candles on their tree? I used to get looks of awe when I said that at my old school!

Clara

#78 Clarity

Clarity

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 6,982 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 03:09 PM

Ha.

Our Christmas tree goes up on Thanksgiving day.

We don't use candles. We are way to clumsy, and that would just be a disaster waiting to happen. I can see it now... our whole tree going up in flames, the angel and all.

#79 violagirl

violagirl

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 3,381 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 11:47 PM

Oh yeah, Halloween is coming up! For it, I'm going to a parade with my best friend and then doing a ghost walk tour and doing a sleepover with her that'll consist of a bunch of horror movies. I might do the same thing with another friend, have her over and watch scary movies with her too, the day before Halloween!

I love Christmas! My family usually puts our Christmas tree up the weekend after Thanksgiving and then it stays up till the middle of January so we have it up for a long time!

#80 Goa_Grl

Goa_Grl

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 7,022 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 09:47 AM

Halloween isnt celebrated here. Sadly. Except in my school.

I doubt I'll get a costume though...maybe I'll use this cool nail through the hand trick thing i have. And some vampire teeth...and fake blood. Lol.

Or ill be boring.

Amber

#81 Clarity

Clarity

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 6,982 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 05:25 PM

OK, so my friends and I have pretty much decided on a Peter Pan theme for Halloween.

I'm going to be one of the lost boys. any tips on the costume? ha, I'll probably have to make one myself.

Posted Image

#82 Musically Obsessed

Musically Obsessed

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 3,117 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 05:34 PM

I know there's this hardened felt-like material that could help with the ears. :3 Otherwise, looks simple enough to sew together.

#83 steffykins xx3

steffykins xx3

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,118 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 08:05 PM

Holidays :)
I love them.

For Halloween I am going to be...A NERD. Lmao. A stylish nerd though.

For Thanksgiving Break I'm going to California, yay yay yay Twilight Premiere yay yay yay.

:D

-Stef

#84 Manteli Apulainen

Manteli Apulainen

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,703 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 08:54 AM

Rosh Hashanah was, by far, the funniest thing ever this year. We all get together, we pass out the prayers, we have the apples and the honey and everything ready... and realize nobody *actually* knows the prayers.

So somebody's grandfather did the prayers for us via speakerphone. It was EPIC.

And then we drove to Shul like, an hour and a half away, for Yom Kippur only to realize that they held a sunrise service the next day on top of this mountain RIGHT next to our school. We went to both, but still.

I don't celebrate Christmas or Hanukkah or really any other holidays. I sort of observe Solstice, but that is just kind of left over from my childhood. Some of us stragglers will probably end up getting together for Thanksgiving just so we're not alone, but nothing special.

#85 .::.dArQaNjIl.::.

.::.dArQaNjIl.::.

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,305 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 09:05 AM

DIWALI!
YAY!

#86 Goa_Grl

Goa_Grl

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 7,022 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 02:30 PM

Manteli: Youre Jewish? I never knew...or are you like me a person who just enjoys celebrating all festivals regardless of whether you believe it or not?

#87 OMGitsKG

OMGitsKG

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 486 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 12:21 PM

[/NINE DAYS UNTIL CHRISTMAS!!

I woke up this morning, and it was snowing (we got the day off, actually :]), and I was totally in the holiday spirit. I was in such a good mood, which was really weird because normally I'm still half asleep in the morning. =D But I was so excited, and then I remembered all the holiday gifts I need to buy/make. December is going by SO FAST! I can't believe it. Normally it's so slow because I'm waiting for Christmas.

But I guess time flies when you're super busy. Also, it's kind of sad how fast it's coming, because after the new year, all the pretty decorations and stuff will be gone. :[ But I guess it woulnd't be fun if it was decorated like Christmas ALL year long.

Katie

#88 lala_cabot

lala_cabot

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 289 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 04:25 PM

I was never so disappointed with Christmas like I'm this year. The same with New Year.
But...

MERRY CHRISTMAS, GUYS!

I hope that SC bring all the good things for all of us! :)

Posted Image

#89 Stickit2-the-MAN

Stickit2-the-MAN

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 20 December 2008 - 07:21 AM

5 days till Christmas!!!!! I'm sooo exicted!!!!!!!!!!

Clara

#90 Lorlei

Lorlei

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 266 posts

Posted 20 December 2008 - 10:10 AM

^ Me too! Yesterday I was like, "Oh, Christmas is on Thursday... OH! CHRISTMAS IS ON THURSDAY?!" Haha. Time passes so quickly.

:heartbeat: Ellie

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users