Photo

Ask Meg About the All-American Girl Series!

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 bookgirl25

bookgirl25

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Moderators
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 02:32 PM

Welcome To Ask Meg about All-American Girl and Ready Or Not!

Here you can post your questions about the books that made us wish the President's hot son would show up in our art class. ;]

:spinstar: PLEASE read the FAQ before you ask a question in the forum. This will save time and space.

:spinstar: PLEASE use the SEARCH BUTTON and the All-American Girl forums FIRST.

:spinstar: PLEASE do not chat in this thread! This is for asking questions, and Meg will answer. If you would like to chat about the book, go to the book forum HERE

:spinstar: PLEASE be respectful if you answer a question in this forum!

:spinstar: And as always, PLEASE, adhere to the Meg Cabot Message Boards rules!

FREQUNETLY ASK QUESTIONS! (Psst! Read this before posting!):

:spinstar: Will there be more books in the ALL AMERICAN GIRL series?
No, I'm happy with where the sequel, Ready or Not, ended. Look for a short story about Sam and her experience in the White House in, Our White House: Looking In, Looking Out.

:spinstar: Will there be an All-American Girl Movie?
Right now it is being optioned by film companies, but there hasn't been any permenant plans.

:spinstar: What was the inspiration for All-American Girl?
I got the idea for All-American Girl the last time I visited Washington DC. I wondered what it would be like to grow up in a town where so many important people like the President lived, and so I started writing a story about it. When I was a kid I used to fantasize about saving my school from being blown up by aliens, so this is sort of the same story, slightly scaled down to be a little more believable (actually it would be kind of cool if your school got blown up by aliens, wouldn't it? I mean, if no one was in it at the time)

:spinstar: Does Meg like Gwen Stefani as much as Sam does?
She sure does!

Thanks for your attention!

Enjoy!

--Bookie

#2 StarkQuark

StarkQuark

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 06:42 PM

Dear Meg,
When you wrote All American Girl, did you initially plan on having a sequel?
I was wondering because All American Girl would be ok as a stand alone book (it doesn't have a cliffhanger ending, all the loose ends are tied up), and also because of the larger than usual period of time between the publication dates for the two books.
(Disclaimer: I am not asking because I did not like the sequel; on the contrary, I loved the sequel just as much as the first one :))
~Caitlin

#3 VictoriaGirl=)

VictoriaGirl=)

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 03:00 PM

Hi, I Was Woundering Why Isn't 'Ready Or Not' Available On iTunes?
If It Is Can I Get A Link, I Looked All Over For It?
~Tori Is Short For Victoria

!

#4 MegCabot

MegCabot

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Root Admin
  • 3,002 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 08:57 PM

Dear Meg,
When you wrote All American Girl, did you initially plan on having a sequel?
I was wondering because All American Girl would be ok as a stand alone book (it doesn't have a cliffhanger ending, all the loose ends are tied up), and also because of the larger than usual period of time between the publication dates for the two books.
(Disclaimer: I am not asking because I did not like the sequel; on the contrary, I loved the sequel just as much as the first one :))
~Caitlin

No, I wasn't planning on a sequel. My editor (and so many readers) asked for one that I started thinking about it, and Ready or Not is what I came up with. People are still asking for yet another one, but I'm pretty happy with where I left the characters, so I think I'll leave them alone!

Love,

Meg

#5 MegCabot

MegCabot

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Root Admin
  • 3,002 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 08:58 PM

Hi, I Was Woundering Why Isn't 'Ready Or Not' Available On iTunes?
If It Is Can I Get A Link, I Looked All Over For It?
~Tori Is Short For Victoria

!

It's odd that it's not, if all the other books are. I'll check and get back to you!

Love,

Meg

#6 CracKing97

CracKing97

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 07:53 AM

Hey Meg! I wanted to wish you a very happy birthday!! I don't know if it's the 1st there yet, it is here.
And I wanted to know David's surname if you can remember it. I can't find it anywhere.

#7 starberry

starberry

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,205 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 08:59 AM

Hey Meg! I wanted to wish you a very happy birthday!! I don't know if it's the 1st there yet, it is here.
And I wanted to know David's surname if you can remember it. I can't find it anywhere.

I think I read somewhere that Meg purposely didn't give David a surname so that he wouldn't be associated with one particular president/party etc. and to give the books a sense of being current as well.

Hope this helps,
M :)

#8 radiah

radiah

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 01:27 AM

Hi Meg, i certainly do hope you would write another book of All-American Girl. It will be more challenging with David in college, Sam alone in High school and her sister Lucy relationship with Harold.. Even if you are to write another book about this, i hope David and Sam would be together. This book has gained over than 16,000 likes on facebook compared to other book of yours. I hope you would write another book in this series.

A fan of All-American Girl

#9 MegCabot

MegCabot

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Root Admin
  • 3,002 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 03:01 PM

Hi Meg, i certainly do hope you would write another book of All-American Girl. It will be more challenging with David in college, Sam alone in High school and her sister Lucy relationship with Harold.. Even if you are to write another book about this, i hope David and Sam would be together. This book has gained over than 16,000 likes on facebook compared to other book of yours. I hope you would write another book in this series.

A fan of All-American Girl

Thanks! Writers never know when they're going to get inspired, so who knows, maybe there will be another book about these characters!

But right now, no matter how many likes on Facebook the book gets, and even if inspiration for a new book about Samantha hits, I have to write the books that my publishers have already paid me for, and those are the next two books in the Abandon series, and the next two Heather Wells books, because that is how the writing business works. But thanks for the kind words!

Meg

#10 Reader the Fish

Reader the Fish

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 12:23 AM

There's so many fan fictions about Sam and David you should really check it out for some ideas for the 3rd book

#11 Beautifully Intended

Beautifully Intended

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 10,131 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 12:36 PM

^^^Meg can't read any fanfictions because if one of those ideas made its way into her story, she could be sued. So she stays away from fanfiction and any unpublished works.

#12 jnae

jnae

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 06:50 PM

i'm doing a project in class and i need to know who contributes to your book. i would like if you could reply as soon as possible thank you :)

#13 bookgirl25

bookgirl25

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Moderators
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 09:15 AM

i'm doing a project in class and i need to know who contributes to your book. i would like if you could reply as soon as possible thank you :)

Here is faq for All American Girl: http://www.megcabot....mericangirl.php

#14 Delia

Delia

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:10 PM

Hi Meg,
I'm an 11 years old girl. My name is Delia. I'm from Italy, and I really love your books! Excuse me if I don't speak very good, but I'm from Italy and I study English only at school.
All American Girl is the first book that I have read. Sure it is the best, best, best that I can think. I can't love so much another book.
Sam is ME. I am Sam. Or I am only like Sam. Well, except for the red hair (red hair...like YOUR hair, maybe?). And except for the age. I'm not 15. I'm only 11.
Your book is amazing, why it's so funny, nice and realistic. And Mister Uptown Girl!!! Ahahahahah! And I like also Gwen Stefani. Well, I like her enough. Not very, very, very amazing but good enough. (:
And David? Wow!! No another words. Wow is a perfect word for David.
The conversations between David and Sam...too, too laugh, too beautiful! Too beautiful to think of. Hours and hours of laughs, with my sister that asks me what was so funny.
I like Samantha. I am Samantha. Samantha is like me. Today I was thinking that I am in mourning for my generation too. And I like black. I like so so so much black. I am no longer what it once.
I could speak you about All American Girls for hours, hours, hours but I can't. I always read it before sleeping, even though I've read many times.
You're my FAVOURITE writer. Please answer me. I you make me the happiest person on earth.
Love!
Delia

#15 MegCabot

MegCabot

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Root Admin
  • 3,002 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:11 PM

Hi Meg,
I'm an 11 years old girl. My name is Delia. I'm from Italy, and I really love your books! Excuse me if I don't speak very good, but I'm from Italy and I study English only at school.
All American Girl is the first book that I have read. Sure it is the best, best, best that I can think. I can't love so much another book.
Sam is ME. I am Sam. Or I am only like Sam. Well, except for the red hair (red hair...like YOUR hair, maybe?). And except for the age. I'm not 15. I'm only 11.
Your book is amazing, why it's so funny, nice and realistic. And Mister Uptown Girl!!! Ahahahahah! And I like also Gwen Stefani. Well, I like her enough. Not very, very, very amazing but good enough. (:
And David? Wow!! No another words. Wow is a perfect word for David.
The conversations between David and Sam...too, too laugh, too beautiful! Too beautiful to think of. Hours and hours of laughs, with my sister that asks me what was so funny.
I like Samantha. I am Samantha. Samantha is like me. Today I was thinking that I am in mourning for my generation too. And I like black. I like so so so much black. I am no longer what it once.
I could speak you about All American Girls for hours, hours, hours but I can't. I always read it before sleeping, even though I've read many times.
You're my FAVOURITE writer. Please answer me. I you make me the happiest person on earth.
Love!
Delia

Well, thank you Delia! I'm so glad that you liked All American Girl! I'm always glad to hear from readers, and I don't often hear from Italian readers. Your English is very good, much better than my Italian. I love that you wear black a lot, like Sam. Hopefully someday you'll meet a boy like David . . . they do exist! I love Italy . . . I got married to my "David" in Diano San Pietro many years ago (he isn't Italian . . . we both just like Italy)!

Thanks for writing, and keep reading!

Love,
Meg

#16 MegCabot

MegCabot

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Root Admin
  • 3,002 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:13 PM

There's so many fan fictions about Sam and David you should really check it out for some ideas for the 3rd book

Gasp! That would be stealing! But I'm glad people are enjoying the books.

;)

PS I used to write Star Wars fan fiction. It's really exciting to me that now people write fan fiction of MY books.

#17 Meg_Rulz

Meg_Rulz

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 608 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 09:05 AM

In AAG 2, Lucy tells Sam about the showerhead thing... Where did YOU read that? [Just Curious...]Posted Image

#18 MegCabot

MegCabot

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Root Admin
  • 3,002 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 02:37 PM

Cosmo Magazine!

#19 thatdirectionergirl

thatdirectionergirl

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 10:08 AM

Hi. I was reading All-American Girl, and so far I really enjoyed it. However, on page 326, Sam is ta lking about "current issues" in the world, and she mentions that people in Utah are being forced to marry, at young ages, men with multiple wives. Not only was that inaccurate, as polygamy has been illegal for over 100 years, but it was also offensive to members of the LDS church, who are actually opposed to modern-day polygamy. Otherwise, your book is really good, as far as I have read. Keep up the good writing! (:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users