Photo

Ask Meg About Princess Diaries Characters!

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#1 bookgirl25

bookgirl25

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Moderators
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 05:35 PM

Welcome To Ask Meg about Princess Diaries Characters!

Here you can Ask Meg about our favourite characters from Princess Diaries!

PLEASE NOTE: If you are refering to a character situation in a particular book, please post it in the thread designated for the book

:spinstar: PLEASE read the FAQ before you ask a question in the forum. This will save time and space.

:spinstar: PLEASE use the SEARCH BUTTON and the Princess Diaries forums FIRST.

:spinstar: PLEASE do not chat in this thread! This is for asking questions, and Meg will answer. If you would like to chat about the book, go to the book forum HERE

:spinstar: PLEASE be respectful if you answer a question in this forum!

:spinstar: And as always, PLEASE, adhere to the Meg Cabot Message Boards rules!

FREQUNETLY ASK QUESTIONS! (Psst! Read this before posting!):

:spinstar: Who inspired Grandmere?
Actually she IS based on someone I knew, a lady my mom was friends with! Not my grandmother--well, maybe one of my grandmothers, but not the one who is still alive! I have to be careful what I say here....for obvious reasons! I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings. Grandmere isn't very likable, although I do like her.

:spinstar: Is Mia based off of anyone you knew?
Mia's character is influenced at times by Meg's past.

:spinstar: When are the character's birthdays?
Michael Moscovitz
January 5

Grandmere
March 4

Mia Thermopolis
May 1

Rocky Thermopolis-Gianini
May 10

Kenny Showalter
July 29

Lily Moscovitz
July 30

Tina Hakim Baba
October 7

Fat Louie
November 4

Thanks for your attention!

Enjoy!

--Bookie

#2 shosti96

shosti96

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 02:55 PM

when you first come on megcabot.com it gives a little caption of your latest update and i believer the september 1st or 2nd update said that there was a new post on mia's blog but i havent seen the new blog post. the blog still shows "a very genovian summer" which is a very old update. i was wondering what happened and if you could fix it?

#3 sobeit364

sobeit364

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 370 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 12:25 AM

when you first come on megcabot.com it gives a little caption of your latest update and i believer the september 1st or 2nd update said that there was a new post on mia's blog but i havent seen the new blog post. the blog still shows "a very genovian summer" which is a very old update. i was wondering what happened and if you could fix it?

I actually noticed that the other day, too! However, when you clicked "Read More" on that particular caption on the homepage, the link took you to Meg's most recent diary entry, but that entry did not match the caption being shown on the homepage. I figured it out, and the caption that was appearing on the homepage was for an older Diary post (http://www.megcabot.com/diary/?p=701) and was not related to Meg's most recent Diary entry, as it usually is.

It must have just been a technical error (possibly while Meg was updating her blog?), as now the homepage shows a caption relating to the most recent (September 8) blog entry.

Hope that helps!

#4 Michael_luver

Michael_luver

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 662 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 11:44 AM

Ok I still don't get it... How can I read the newest updates on Mia's blog?

Loves,
Caroline

#5 bookgirl25

bookgirl25

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Moderators
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 02:18 PM

One Meg's main website, go to the heading that reads "Cool Stuff" under that heading should be listed Princess Mia's Blog...You'll just have to check it once a week or once every few weeks to see if it's updated. Princess Mia (Meg) is pretty busy right now, so just pop in every few weeks to see if she has updated.

#6 Michael_luver

Michael_luver

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 662 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 10:20 AM

^Ok thanks!!

#7 DianaSF

DianaSF

Meg Cabot Fan

• Moderators
  • 742 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 08:36 PM

Caroline, there's a new entry in Mia's blog, dated today entitled "A New School Year."

http://www.miathermopolis.com/

#8 princesseck

princesseck

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 09:30 PM

Dear Meg,

I can't believe that you visit Curitiba (Brasil) and I wasn't there to ask you in person.

So I came here, because I really need to know!!!

Is it Michael real?!

If he is...is he with someone, happy now?

Thanks, and congratulation!! :)

#9 Michael_luver

Michael_luver

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 662 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 07:54 AM

Caroline, there's a new entry in Mia's blog, dated today entitled "A New School Year."

http://www.miathermopolis.com/

Hey thanks!!

I just re-read Forever Princess, and I was wondering, do Lilly and Mia ever become best friends again? Like even in college and after that do Mia, Lilly, Tina and them stay best friends?

Loves,
Caroline

#10 Michael lover22

Michael lover22

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 780 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 11:36 PM

<!--quoteo(post=2297678:date=Oct 14 2009, 02:36 AM:name=DianaSF)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DianaSF @ Oct 14 2009, 02:36 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2297678"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Caroline, there's a new entry in Mia's blog, dated today entitled "A New School Year."

<a href="http://www.miathermopolis.com/" target="_blank">http://www.miathermopolis.com/</a><!--QuoteEnd--</div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Hey thanks!!

I just re-read Forever Princess, and I was wondering, do Lilly and Mia ever become best friends again? Like even in college and after that do Mia, Lilly, Tina and them stay best friends?

Loves,
Caroline

I'm pretty sure they stay friends.. isn't it really implied ? And I believe she mentions her in her new blog but don't hold me to that.

#11 Michael_luver

Michael_luver

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 662 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 03:24 PM

Yeah, but I was just wondering if they ever became as close as they once were...

Loves,
Caroline

#12 MegCabot

MegCabot

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Root Admin
  • 3,002 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 10:53 AM

Yeah, but I was just wondering if they ever became as close as they once were...

Loves,
Caroline

Even closer!

Meg

#13 IlovePavlov13

IlovePavlov13

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 3,547 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 10:07 PM

Meg I know Mia mentions Sailor Moon a lot in the fifth book. Did part of the character from Micheal come from Tuxedo Mask at all?

Oh and I was also wondering in the creator of Sailor Moon, Naoko Takechui, influenced your writing at all.

#14 PrincessElle007

PrincessElle007

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 11:22 PM

Okay, I love Anne Hathaway and I think she does a fantastic Mia (both in the audiobooks and the films) BUT her physical description doesn't match with the Mia's in the books. So I was just curious, is there any actress (or model or singer) that comes close to how you picture her in your head? Also, is there anyone you thought of specifically for Michael?

#15 bookgirl25

bookgirl25

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Moderators
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 12:21 PM

Okay, I love Anne Hathaway and I think she does a fantastic Mia (both in the audiobooks and the films) BUT her physical description doesn't match with the Mia's in the books. So I was just curious, is there any actress (or model or singer) that comes close to how you picture her in your head? Also, is there anyone you thought of specifically for Michael?

Meg says she enjoys the movies for what they are. When you sell your rights as an author, it's kinda unwise to have a cast already in your head because things can be turned topsy turvy. Although, I really can't answer for Meg on this issue, other than she's said she loves Anne Hathaway.

#16 mrsktj

mrsktj

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 11:37 AM

Hi! I'm writing a fan fic staring Tina Hakim Baba. What's her favorite color?

#17 DianaSF

DianaSF

Meg Cabot Fan

• Moderators
  • 742 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 10:10 PM

Meg, since Mia is royalty, will she be attending Prince William and Kate Middleton's wedding next year? :)

#18 MegCabot

MegCabot

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Root Admin
  • 3,002 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 01:43 AM

Meg, since Mia is royalty, will she be attending Prince William and Kate Middleton's wedding next year? :)

Heck yes! She is already being fitted for her wardrobe for all the events by Grandmere!

#19 MegCabot

MegCabot

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Root Admin
  • 3,002 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 01:44 AM

Hi! I'm writing a fan fic staring Tina Hakim Baba. What's her favorite color?

Pink, of course!

#20 MegCabot

MegCabot

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Root Admin
  • 3,002 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 01:51 AM

Meg I know Mia mentions Sailor Moon a lot in the fifth book. Did part of the character from Micheal come from Tuxedo Mask at all?

Oh and I was also wondering in the creator of Sailor Moon, Naoko Takechui, influenced your writing at all.

No. To be honest, I just thought Mia would like Sailor Moon, but I've never really watched a whole episode of the show. Sometimes writers see things and think, "Oh, my character would like that!" Do you know what I mean? Just like Mia is a vegetarian, but I eat cheeseburgers almost every day. But I WISH I were more like my characters!

#21 CarolBCanadense

CarolBCanadense

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 03:13 PM

Dear Meg,
Does Mia have something like you when you were her age???Well, she likes cats and you have a cat.
Carroll :heartbeat:

Mia and I have very many similarities, but we are not totally alike. I am not a princess or a vegetarian, and I am not as nice as Mia is, although I would like to be (I would also like to be a princess and a vegetarian, too). Mia is taller than I am, too. But both our mothers married our teachers (fortunately mine did not have a baby with mine), and I flunked Algebra, twice, and I also dated a college boy when I was in high school, who left to go to Asia. We broke up, and later got back together. But he wasn't Jewish, he was Arab-American. We're still good friends, and he introduced me to my husband, who is really the one Michael is based on in the books. I loved theater and drawing in high school, not writing, when I was Mia's age, and I wanted to be an actress or an illustrator when I grew up, but fortunately those careers did not work out. I had friends who were all just like Mia's friends, and I am still friends with them now! Fat Louie is based on one of my friend's cats, Fat Henry, and my other friend's dog, Molly, who eats socks. That is where the term, "You look like you just ate a sock," came from.

Thanks for asking, Carroll!

Love, Meg

#22 lmnt

lmnt

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Moderators
  • 2,292 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 10:22 PM

Hey Meg! Will princess Mia be updating her blog anytime soon?

-Gina

#23 MegCabot

MegCabot

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Root Admin
  • 3,002 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 02:57 PM

Hey Meg! Will princess Mia be updating her blog anytime soon?

-Gina

Yes, she wrote some tips for Kate Middleton! Unfortunately, a national newspaper got hold of them, so Mia has to wait for the paper to publish them first. Then, once that's done, she can post them. Being a princess is hard.

Meg

#24 iisa

iisa

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 02:38 PM

Hi Meg!
What is Michaels middle name?

#25 Jayalaw

Jayalaw

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 08:01 AM

Hi, Meg. Just wanted to know (spoiler warning)
Spoiler
I know that a Michael book is not looming in the future, so I want to know.

#26 batontwirler

batontwirler

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 08:37 AM

Heck yes! She is already being fitted for her wardrobe for all the events by Grandmere!

does that mean that you will be attending since ( as much as people might like to pretend ) Mia is actually fictional character?

#27 MermaidsRule:)

MermaidsRule:)

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 08:35 PM

Meg,
My friends and I are insanely curious- who do Ling Su and Perin end up with? You know, romantically? We've talked about the books at lunch since the seventh grade, and everyone is really unsure.

Thanks!

#28 DianaSF

DianaSF

Meg Cabot Fan

• Moderators
  • 742 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 10:47 PM

Meg,
My friends and I are insanely curious- who do Ling Su and Perin end up with? You know, romantically? We've talked about the books at lunch since the seventh grade, and everyone is really unsure.

Thanks!

I'm not Meg, but this question has been brought up before. Ling Su and Perin are together as a couple by the end of the series.

#29 Genevieve

Genevieve

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 08:59 PM

Which actress or singer Mia looks like in Princess Diaries 10? I imagined her hair like the pixie lott - long, but wanted to hear from you.
I loved Princess diaries, so continue please :hyper:

#30 AlmostAlice

AlmostAlice

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 09:54 PM

HI! At my school we're having come as your favorite book character day. I definitely want to go as Mia. Any tips on how i should dress?

#31 MegCabot

MegCabot

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Root Admin
  • 3,002 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 12:56 AM

HI! At my school we're having come as your favorite book character day. I definitely want to go as Mia. Any tips on how i should dress?

I think you should dress however you feel Mia would dress. She's a character with whom YOU feel a personal closeness, so whatever YOU think she would wear, that's good enough for me, especially if you have a good argument for why she'd be wearing that. Keep in mind, on any giving day, Mia could pretty much be wearing just about anything, and have a strong argument for why. So you can't really go wrong. Thought I honestly can't see her in a skirt and heels.

#32 hproker

hproker

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 12:17 PM

hi im here and iv read the forth princess diaries book out of the school libary. i live in engalnd so we have years instead of grades so im a little bit confused about like how old mia is/was when grades are talked about. also i think my favorit character is grandmeer because she just seams realy imaginative and (although mean) quite fun. a bit like bellatrix lastrange in harry potter. shes my favorit charactor in those books because she is simply mad.

#33 DayDreamer95

DayDreamer95

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,331 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 12:43 PM

LARGE PD FAN!

I watched the movies first, then almost 6 years later, I read the first book. I was like well maybe its good. Not realising that you had 10 books. Which got me hooked ever since!

Question one:

Why did you make it that Boris dated Tina? Sorry, I always found it a weird pairing!

Question Two:
I'm not really sure, but why is Kenny a bad ass? And Lilly pierced up? Again, I think of them as innocent dorks-excuse that inapporriate word.

Question Three:
Mostly EVERYON has asked this lovely question, and I will be too. Will you ever make book 11? About Michael and Mia in College? Well Mia in college? Because I love her and it's hard to believe I read 10 books in like...hmm...two and a half weeks?

Question Four:
If you were to write book 11, what would it be about? I know a lot of people have ideas, I'm curious in your opinion!

Alex~ :m:

#34 Beautifully Intended

Beautifully Intended

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 10,131 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 11:45 AM

hproker- Freshman year through senior year here is like your Year 10-13. Does that make sense?

Alex- Meg may write more books but it'll be a while before that happens if it does. She has many other ideas to get out first.

#35 t!na

t!na

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 09:19 PM

Hi Meg,
I think one of the reasons I loved PD so much was because of Mia's obsession with Buffy the Vampire Slayer. (I didn't know there were action figures til your books! I'm saving up for one. Fiesta Giles, of course!!!! And Faith, always loved her.)
I'm obsessed with BTVS, also.
Are you a fan, yourself?

#36 LingSu+Perrin4ever

LingSu+Perrin4ever

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 12:56 AM

Meg,
I know a couple other fans on here have sort of addressed this but I really wanted a confirmation of this. It seemed implied that Ling Su and Perrin were romantically involved in the later books, is this true? I was worried that I was wanting to think that because I was getting into that later part of the series while I was with my first girlfriend and it was what inspired me to hunt down books with more obvious teenage lesbian couples. Through this whole hunt I was inspired to come out and so the confirmation of a relationship between Ling Su and Perrin would mean a great deal to me as the implications of one were what began the ordeal. If there was a relationship between them I'm also wondering what inspired you to put them together and if you would ever consider writing a story about them, even just a short one? Thank you for taking your time to read this if you do I love all of your books I've read and when school starts I hope to read even more since our library has a large collection of your work. I'm really such a huge fan so thanks again.

#37 Beautifully Intended

Beautifully Intended

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 10,131 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 02:03 PM

I can't answer all the questions, but yes, Perin and Ling Su are definitely a couple. I can't remember where, but Meg has confirmed this in the past.

Also, a lesbian book that I enjoyed was Sister Mischief by Laura Goode that was released last year. Also, I've heard wonderful things about The Miseducation of Cameron Post by Emily M. Danforth.

#38 Emzie

Emzie

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 03:21 PM

Meg what words would put the bond between Mia & Micheal, Boris & Tina :love7:

#39 love-michael&mia

love-michael&mia

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 09:16 AM

Dear Meg, I love you and "The Princess Diaries"!!! (and all of the characters!)
so, Who was the most difficult to describe and why?

And... would you write another book that describe the Mia and Michael in the future?
Please do it, because I love them!

love-michael&mia 3> :mgicecream:

#40 Edward Lamb

Edward Lamb

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 03:08 PM

Dear Meg,

Is it okay with you if another writer were to have a character talk about your books?
I'm asking because I'm thinking about writing a book, and one of the books my character read is The Princess Diaries. Could that be possible?

Sincerely,

Edward Lamb

#41 MegCabot

MegCabot

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Root Admin
  • 3,002 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 10:43 PM

Dear Meg, I love you and "The Princess Diaries"!!! (and all of the characters!)
so, Who was the most difficult to describe and why?

And... would you write another book that describe the Mia and Michael in the future?
Please do it, because I love them!

love-michael&mia 3> :mgicecream:

This is certainly a possibility!

#42 MegCabot

MegCabot

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Root Admin
  • 3,002 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 10:44 PM

Dear Meg,

Is it okay with you if another writer were to have a character talk about your books?
I'm asking because I'm thinking about writing a book, and one of the books my character read is The Princess Diaries. Could that be possible?

Sincerely,

Edward Lamb

Of course! 

#43 bookaholic19

bookaholic19

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 08:39 PM

heyy Meg...sorry if i am bothering you...i was wondering if you could describe Michael's character and Mia' s character and also will you consider writing about Mia's college life and will Fat Louie be going to college with Mia???!!
what is Michael and Mia'favourite colours, books, tv seri ??? does Mia or Michael like science fiction??? does either of them like the suprrman comics...or even the tv series Smallville

#44 Beautifully Intended

Beautifully Intended

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 10,131 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 09:35 PM

^^^I feel like some of this stuff is in the books, especially the description. And Mia's been doing the occasional blogging at www.miathermopolis.com which details her post-PD10 life and reading those entries can answer some of your questions.

#45 bookaholic19

bookaholic19

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 07:46 AM

um Meg Cabot Obsessed i was wondering was your reply meant for me????? i had no idea Mia had a blog!!!!!coool...i looove smallville and i think Mia might like smallville because i know she occasionally mentions superman related stuff and in Sixational she mentioned Chloe specifically from Smallville which was quite a shock fir me...looool

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users