• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 bookgirl25

bookgirl25

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Moderators
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 09:23 AM

Welcome To Ask Meg about Princess Diaries Vol. I.!

Here you can post your questions about the book that started it all and captured our hearts!

:spinstar: PLEASE read the FAQ before you ask a question in the forum. This will save time and space.

:spinstar: PLEASE use the SEARCH BUTTON and the Princess Diaries forums FIRST.

:spinstar: PLEASE do not chat in this thread! This is for asking questions, and Meg will answer. If you would like to chat about the book, go to the book forum HERE

:spinstar: PLEASE be respectful if you answer a question in this forum!

:spinstar: And as always, PLEASE, adhere to the Meg Cabot Message Boards rules!

FREQUNETLY ASK QUESTIONS! (Psst! Read this before posting!):

:spinstar: What inspired Princess Diaries?
All of my books are inspired by real things that either happened to me, or that I WISHED would happen to me. I was inspired to write The Princess Diaries when my mom, after the death of my father, began dating one of my teachers, just as Mia's mom does in the book! I have always had a "thing" for princesses (my parents used to joke that when I was little, I did a lot of insisting that my "real" parents, the king and queen, were going to come get me soon, and that everyone had better start being a LOT nicer to me) so I stuck a princess in the book just for kicks . . . and VOILA! The Princess Diaries was born. The voice of Mia, of course, is taken directly from my own diaries that I kept when I was in high school . . . I was pretty much a huge geek in high school-although I was pretty involved with the school's drama group. Most of what's in my journals from those days is about boys, boys, boys, and that's why I am the only one who is allowed to look at them! It is too embarrassing!

Thanks for your attention!

Enjoy!

--Bookie

#2 jess_rob4ever

jess_rob4ever

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 969 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 10:10 PM

Hi, Meg!

I watched the Princess Diaries movie this morning, and when I saw the scene where Mia stabs Lana with her ice cream, I wondered where the inspiration for that came from.

In the book (and movie), it was HILARIOUS, so did the inspiration come from real life? Did you ever stab a cheerleader?

#3 MegCabot

MegCabot

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Root Admin
  • 3,002 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 02:57 PM

No. <_<

But I always wanted to!

(Actually, a couple of the cheerleaders in my school were nice.)

#4 bookgirl25

bookgirl25

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Moderators
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 06:37 AM

Were you popular in highschool? And did you already know you wanted to write when you got older? :)

When you were younger did you ever just know that you loved writing? ( i do! ) :)

A lot of the questions you ask can be found on Meg's main website, in the Ask Meg About Princess Diaries Forum, you'll see a thread entitled "LINKS!" where you can go to, and it will link you to Meg's biography and inspiration to a writer and stuff. Just poke around a bit on her main website, and I am sure a lot of your questions will be answered.

#5 -Snoopy-

-Snoopy-

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 12:17 PM

Hi Meg!

I come from Germany and first heard about the Princess Diaries when I visited a friend in the states. A few days ago I remembered them and ordered the first book on the internet. I was only able to buy the British version thought. Now I was wondering, if the half books are included there as well? Because there are only ten books in the total.

By the way, I really injoyed reading about Mia again. I think the story's awesome!

Greetings from Germany! :)

#6 damn_now

damn_now

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 256 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 03:37 PM

I am from Germany as well and i have all books in german and number 1,3,4,6,9 and 10 in english. nothing seems to be any different from the german ones

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users