58 replies to this topic

#1 bookgirl25

bookgirl25

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Moderators
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 05:13 PM

Welcome To Ask Meg about Avalon High

Here you can post your questions about the book that made reincarnation a little bit cooler!

:spinstar: PLEASE read the FAQ before you ask a question in the forum. This will save time and space.

:spinstar: PLEASE use the SEARCH BUTTON and the Avalon High forums FIRST.

:spinstar: PLEASE do not chat in this thread! This is for asking questions, and Meg will answer. If you would like to chat about the book, go to the book forum HERE

:spinstar: PLEASE be respectful if you answer a question in this forum!

:spinstar: And as always, PLEASE, adhere to the Meg Cabot Message Boards rules!

FREQUNETLY ASK QUESTIONS! (Psst! Read this before posting!):

:spinstar: Will there be an Avalon High movie?
The rights to Avalon High went to Disney Channel!

:spinstar: When is Hunter's Moon (the third manga) coming out?
Hunter's Moon will be coming out in the U.S around the beginning of September. If you are an international reader, you can check with your country's publisher HERE

Thanks for your attention!

Enjoy!

--Bookie

#2 Spartan Girl

Spartan Girl

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 08:31 PM

Hey Meg,

Is there any news about the Disney channel original movie version of Avalon High that you can tell us?

Thanks!

P.S. I recommend "Stardust" as another suggestion for the best movie ever. It's really good!

#3 MegCabot

MegCabot

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Root Admin
  • 3,002 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 02:58 PM

Hey Meg,

Is there any news about the Disney channel original movie version of Avalon High that you can tell us?

Thanks!

P.S. I recommend "Stardust" as another suggestion for the best movie ever. It's really good!

The last I heard about this movie, they were still working on the script! It's tough out there in movieland. Thanks for the suggestion! I haven't seen it yet, although of course I love Neil Gaiman!

Meg

#4 x--JinxedAngel

x--JinxedAngel

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 4,405 posts

Posted 20 September 2009 - 03:55 PM

Hey Meg!

I was just wondering why the mangas are taking so long to be released here in the UK. Do you know why? I'm getting pretty tired of the wait.

-Amy

#5 MegCabot

MegCabot

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Root Admin
  • 3,002 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 10:26 PM

Hey Meg!

I was just wondering why the mangas are taking so long to be released here in the UK. Do you know why? I'm getting pretty tired of the wait.

-Amy

Hi! Unfortunately, Books 2 and 3 of the mangas won't be published in the UK, as the sales of the first book there weren't deemed strong enough by my UK publisher to publish them. So, I'm afraid readers there will have to buy the US versions from online booksellers, or ask their local booksellers to special order the US versions for them, since there won't be a UK version of Books 2 and 3. I'm so sorry!

Meg

#6 x--JinxedAngel

x--JinxedAngel

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 4,405 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 04:18 PM

:( Okay, thanks anyway Meg!

-Amy

#7 bookgirl25

bookgirl25

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Moderators
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 04:49 PM

Amy, it's pretty easy to order in from the states :] I ordered some books from the UK before, it just may cost a little bit more :]

#8 x--JinxedAngel

x--JinxedAngel

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 4,405 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 03:41 PM

Ah, I see. Thanks Bookie! ^_^

-Amy

#9 ilove_horsemasters

ilove_horsemasters

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 09:31 PM

Hi Meg :)
In the novel you talk about how Will's dad is willing to pay for will to go to the Naval Academy, but I believe the Military Academy is free because you have to be on NROTC to go there. Is this true?
love, Love, LOVE,
Taryn

#10 MegCabot

MegCabot

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Root Admin
  • 3,002 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 05:24 PM

Hi Meg :)
In the novel you talk about how Will's dad is willing to pay for will to go to the Naval Academy, but I believe the Military Academy is free because you have to be on NROTC to go there. Is this true?
love, Love, LOVE,
Taryn

Admission to the Naval Academy is by appointment (in addition to passing the admissions process), so Will's dad would be the one appointing him, since he's lifelong military. It is free if you get in, but Will's dad would be paying for Will's car, insurance, etc.

#11 Anshi

Anshi

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 959 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 08:34 AM

Hi Meg,
when will i get to read the 2, 3 manga of avalon high i m frm india and all i can say is people frm the local bookstore now willl be running in the opposite direction if i ask them abt avalon high and how to be popular again !!!!!please help ordering frm net is not much an option for mee my dad doesnt allow me buyin stuff frm net please help i m dying to read those books
- (L) Anshi

#12 MegCabot

MegCabot

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Root Admin
  • 3,002 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 02:42 PM

Hi Meg,
when will i get to read the 2, 3 manga of avalon high i m frm india and all i can say is people frm the local bookstore now willl be running in the opposite direction if i ask them abt avalon high and how to be popular again !!!!!please help ordering frm net is not much an option for mee my dad doesnt allow me buyin stuff frm net please help i m dying to read those books
- (L) Anshi

Well, How To Be Popular is available through MacMillan (my publisher in India). So I don't know why you shouldn't be able to get THAT book! It should be available in all the UK territories (including India) of MacMillan. Any bookstore there should be able to order it for you via MacMillan.

As for Avalon 2 and 3, unfortunately MacMillan didn't buy those books as they claim the first manga didn't perform well for them! So unless you can find a bookstore willing to order from my US publisher (HarperCollins), or order them over the Internet, you won't ever be able to buy those books in India! I'm so sorry! Good luck....

Love,

Meg

#13 HarryPotterFan4

HarryPotterFan4

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 December 2009 - 02:44 PM

What happen to Marco and Morgan after they were arrested? Did they go to jail or forced to do community services?

#14 kylie

kylie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,329 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 09:32 PM

Hey Meg,
I was wondering, am I able to get the mangas in Canada? I looked everywhere for them but i can't find them..
thanks (:

#15 MegCabot

MegCabot

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Root Admin
  • 3,002 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 06:33 PM

What happen to Marco and Morgan after they were arrested? Did they go to jail or forced to do community services?

Morgan was suspended from school. Marco, who was already on probation, did get time in jail.

#16 MegCabot

MegCabot

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Root Admin
  • 3,002 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 06:34 PM

Hey Meg,
I was wondering, am I able to get the mangas in Canada? I looked everywhere for them but i can't find them..
thanks (:

Oh no! You might want to call your local bookstore and ask them to order them for you. They should be available.

#17 kylie

kylie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,329 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 09:04 PM

Okay, Thanks :D

#18 xgweniex

xgweniex

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 06:51 AM

Dear Meg Cabot
Heyy,i was just wondering if you are going to write another avalon high book.I know there is the mangas but is there goin to be another book.I was just really curios about it .
Thanks
gwenii
x
p.s )i understand that you are extremly busy.
p.s 2)Sorry i cant spell !
:elmo: :blush: :blush: :blush:

#19 bookgirl25

bookgirl25

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Moderators
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 05:39 PM

Dear Meg Cabot
Heyy,i was just wondering if you are going to write another avalon high book.I know there is the mangas but is there goin to be another book.I was just really curios about it .
Thanks
gwenii
x

There will most likely be no novel sequel to Avalon High.

#20 antrain

antrain

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 08:42 PM

There will most likely be no novel sequel to Avalon High.

Aw that's a shame. I really liked the first book and I know a lot of people who would read the sequel if it were in novel form. My school's totally obsessed with it but we were sort of sad when the mangas came out instead of a novel sequel. But we totally understand Ms. Cabot's terribly busy and doesn't have time to make another version of the sequel(s). :) Really did enjoy this book. I think it's my favorite book of all time :)! <3

#21 MegCabot

MegCabot

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Root Admin
  • 3,002 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 09:05 PM

Aw that's a shame. I really liked the first book and I know a lot of people who would read the sequel if it were in novel form. My school's totally obsessed with it but we were sort of sad when the mangas came out instead of a novel sequel. But we totally understand Ms. Cabot's terribly busy and doesn't have time to make another version of the sequel(s). :) Really did enjoy this book. I think it's my favorite book of all time :)! <3

Well, don't be sad. If you like modern re-tellings of classics, you'll really like my new books "Insatiable" (based on Dracula, coming out this June) and you'll LOVE "Abandon" (based on the myth of Persephone, coming out next April).

Love,

Meg

#22 CoffeeAddicts101

CoffeeAddicts101

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 10:29 AM

[font="Century Gothic"][/font]

Dear Meg,

I'm a student at Florida State University and this semester I am taking a class on Middle English Romance, mainly the Arthurian Legends from the period of Geoffrey of Monmouth to the evolution into Robin Hood. I'm writing a research paper on contemporary uses of the Arthur myths in youth fiction and was wondering if you could tell me where you got the basis for Avalon High from, whether its from Malory or another source.

Thank you,

Jordan

#23 MegCabot

MegCabot

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Root Admin
  • 3,002 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 12:04 AM

[font="Century Gothic"][/font]

Dear Meg,

I'm a student at Florida State University and this semester I am taking a class on Middle English Romance, mainly the Arthurian Legends from the period of Geoffrey of Monmouth to the evolution into Robin Hood. I'm writing a research paper on contemporary uses of the Arthur myths in youth fiction and was wondering if you could tell me where you got the basis for Avalon High from, whether its from Malory or another source.

Thank you,

Jordan

King Arthur, by Professor Emeritus Norma Lorre Goodrich. It is considered the "definitive work in the effort to prove the authenticity of King Arthur."

Hope that helps!

Meg

#24 CoffeeAddicts101

CoffeeAddicts101

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 09:37 AM

It definately does.

Thanks so much,

Jordan

#25 bookworm_101

bookworm_101

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 12:18 AM

hey Meg!Are there novel versions of the 2nd and 3rd books of Avalon High? Or r they all manga? Just asking because it would be easier for me too read it if there werent :D I've nevr read manga before so it mite be confusing for me @ first :D

#26 Anshi

Anshi

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 959 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 05:48 AM

hey Meg , i cant find the mangas here in india , is it the same as UK??

#27 Beautifully Intended

Beautifully Intended

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 10,131 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 11:06 AM

Bookworm101- There is no novel version of the manga trilogy. You'll just have to read it that way.

#28 Anshi

Anshi

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 959 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 08:57 AM

Well, How To Be Popular is available through MacMillan (my publisher in India). So I don't know why you shouldn't be able to get THAT book! It should be available in all the UK territories (including India) of MacMillan. Any bookstore there should be able to order it for you via MacMillan.

As for Avalon 2 and 3, unfortunately MacMillan didn't buy those books as they claim the first manga didn't perform well for them! So unless you can find a bookstore willing to order from my US publisher (HarperCollins), or order them over the Internet, you won't ever be able to buy those books in India! I'm so sorry! Good luck....

Love,

Meg

guess what a miracle just happened!!!! i found hunters moon here !!!!u cannot guess how happy i was it was just there as if waiting for me to come and buy it
at last i was able to read both 2 nd and 3rd mangas

-Anshi

#29 Jade Walker

Jade Walker

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 09:14 PM

Hey Meg! You are my favourite author in the world!

Just wanted to ask... how do you feel about the cats of the AH movie?
Avalon High asbeen my fave book since I was about 12 and when I found out about the cast I almost cried! I agree with Jen, Marco and in some ways Will, but I don't agree with Ellie (or Allie, since the changed it) and Lance at all!

#30 luvinlife7

luvinlife7

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 05:45 AM

hey meg

i was wondering did you get any say in the cast of avalon high or was it just the cast direstors say??????? also i know this doesnt have anything to do with avalon high but i am an early teen and i have read your entire medator series, your princes diaries series, avalon and the mangas, teen idol, tommy sulivan and so on i have pretty much read your entie teen aged books so what would be your recommendation on wha ti should read next???????

love
A.K.

#31 Julia Walters

Julia Walters

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 11:19 AM

Hi Meg!
I was just wondering, I love Avalon High but I'm not a big fan of manga, i'm sorry to say...Is there any way I could get the sequels to AH in a normal copy?
Thanks, so much. =)
Julia

#32 Beautifully Intended

Beautifully Intended

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 10,131 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 08:55 AM

A.K.- Meg has no say in casting. Once the film company buys the movie rights to her books, it's out of her hands. So that was all Disney for the Avalon High movie.

Julia- The only way is the manga. No novelization will be made; otherwise, it would've been in that format originally.

#33 rpaul

rpaul

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 09:35 PM

Hi Meg, I love you, and Avalon High. But... I don't care for all of the alterations made to it in the film, especially the character changes. What do you think of the film?

#34 AvalonHighPrincess

AvalonHighPrincess

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 04:24 PM

Meg, I was wondering what did you think of the Disney Channel movie, Avalon High? Did you like it?
I really enjoyed it except when it got to the last like, half hour of the movie, it was sadly very different from the book.

#35 Beautifully Intended

Beautifully Intended

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 10,131 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 08:47 PM

^^^Meg liked it. She live-tweeted her thoughts the night of the premiere and they were all pretty positive. She enjoyed the ending too.

#36 MegCabot

MegCabot

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Root Admin
  • 3,002 posts

Posted 24 December 2010 - 04:57 PM

Hi Meg, I love you, and Avalon High. But... I don't care for all of the alterations made to it in the film, especially the character changes. What do you think of the film?

You can read all about my thoughts on the film here. No film adaptation is ever 100% faithful to the source material, not even Pride and Prejudice. The great thing about the movie, though, is that a lot of people who are now reading a book they might otherwise never have heard of. In a world where so few people read, how is that a bad thing?

#37 MegCabot

MegCabot

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Root Admin
  • 3,002 posts

Posted 24 December 2010 - 04:58 PM

Meg, I was wondering what did you think of the Disney Channel movie, Avalon High? Did you like it?
I really enjoyed it except when it got to the last like, half hour of the movie, it was sadly very different from the book.

I don't know, I thought the female empowerment element was super fun, and I was psyched when the producers told me about it. What's so bad about a girl swinging a sword? I wish it happened more often.

#38 MegCabot

MegCabot

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Root Admin
  • 3,002 posts

Posted 24 December 2010 - 05:00 PM

Meg are u planning on making a sequel to Avalon High?

There are already 3 manga sequels, but no novelizations.

My next project is a modern re-telling of a new myth, the myth of Persephone, called ABANDON. It will be out in April 2010 and have two sequels. Get ready to be BLOWN AWAY.

#39 sberris1251

sberris1251

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 01:23 PM

I don't know, I thought the female empowerment element was super fun, and I was psyched when the producers told me about it. What's so bad about a girl swinging a sword? I wish it happened more often.

I can't tell you how disappointed I was with how the movie turned out. Avalon High is my ultimate favorite book of yours (and I've read them all). When I found out that there was a movie, I immediately informed my sister (who also loves the book) and we watched it from 2 different locations, with the same result. Yes, I love female empowerment. Yes, it's cool for a girl to swing the sword. However, when you mess with your own book to the point I'm confused at the whole point of the movie, that's wrong. The beauty of the book you wrote is that it scarily makes sense. There's supposed to be a point to Lance and Jen sneaking around and the whole half brother situation. I was even okay with Merlin being the scrawny kid. I was okay with the little changes here and there. But you started with not giving the main character a pool or body of water, and just went downhill. Lance and Jen weren't best friends with Will for nothing. You can't just mess the entire plot up for "female empowerment". I'm as pro-feminism as a girl can be, but when you mess with one of my favorite books, it's disappointing. I even tried writing to the Disney channel but to my disappointment they don't have a "contact us" anywhere in sight. I came onto this forum to originally ask if you even knew that they were messing with your book but found this reply from you. It's fine if you never reply back to me on this or even take this off the blog. I just really wanted to let you know how you changed my outlook on book-->movies.

#40 xxxSS501xxx

xxxSS501xxx

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 10:37 AM

Hi Meg
I was wondering, how you came up with the idea for Avalon High. Did you have to think a lot or did something inspire you? And also I'd like to know, how you felt when you wrote your first book. :icon_flower:

Thanks for reading - Siren

#41 Reader the Fish

Reader the Fish

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 11:06 PM

Hi Meg,
What are the differences between the AH book and the AH coronation/manga?
Is the story of the book same as the manga or different?

Best,
Reader

#42 Beautifully Intended

Beautifully Intended

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 10,131 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 05:04 PM

The book and the manga are different stories. The manga is a sequel and deals with a new adventure featuring Ellie, Will and the others.

#43 Reader the Fish

Reader the Fish

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 11:37 PM

The book and the manga are different stories. The manga is a sequel and deals with a new adventure featuring Ellie, Will and the others.

Thanks!

#44 seashell31

seashell31

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 08:38 PM

Hey Meg, I just wanted to know why did you choose the theme: King Arthur?
by the way it is so catchy and I like the way you wrote the comic books. I still haven't got the last series of the comic version and I'm trying to read all of your books. So glad that I've discovered a perfect book writer like you. You are so talented.

#45 Beautifully Intended

Beautifully Intended

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 10,131 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 08:39 AM

^^^^I believe it was because she wasn't a big fan of how the original King Arthur tale went so that's why she wanted to re-tell it her way. I could be very wrong about this though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users