7 replies to this topic

#1 bookgirl25

bookgirl25

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Moderators
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 05:08 PM

Welcome To Ask Meg about Jinx!

Here you can post your questions about a book with a little bit of magic!

:spinstar: PLEASE read the FAQ before you ask a question in the forum. This will save time and space.

:spinstar: PLEASE use the SEARCH BUTTON and the Jinx forums FIRST.

:spinstar: PLEASE do not chat in this thread! This is for asking questions, and Meg will answer. If you would like to chat about the book, go to the book forum HERE

:spinstar: PLEASE be respectful if you answer a question in this forum!

:spinstar: And as always, PLEASE, adhere to the Meg Cabot Message Boards rules!

FREQUNETLY ASK QUESTIONS! (Psst! Read this before posting!):

:spinstar: Will there be a sequel to Jinx?
Not that we know of yet! We'll keep you posted!

:spinstar: Any movie news in relation to Jinx?
Jinx was optioned to ABC Family

:spinstar: What inspired Jinx?
I got the idea for JINX from my family history: I'm related to a healer who is rumored to have been one of the last women burned at the stake in England for witchcraft.

My family legend goes that every seventh granddaughter descended from her is supposed to have inherited her magical powers. I always thought that meant me...although, like Jinx, every time I've tried to test it out, it never went well--down pours instead of snow days, the wrong boy liking me, etc. So I've learned to leave well enough alone!

Thanks for your attention!

Enjoy!

--Bookie

#2 didisfer

didisfer

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 02:46 PM

I don't know where I saw it, but it seems like Meg might write a manga sequel to Jinx... I do like mangas, but I prefer books. So, I just wanted to ask her (if she really ends up writing the manga) if she could write a book too! I simply loved Jinx, and it would be awesome having a book sequel to it. I certainly know that Meg's very busy right now, producing other awesome books, so this is no more than something to consider.
:mgwave:
thank you,
Diana

#3 Beautifully Intended

Beautifully Intended

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 10,131 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 09:56 AM

^^The Jinx manga actually got canceled. I think because the manga collaborations between HarperTeen and Tokyopop just didn't sell well. So the only Meg mangas we have are the Avalon High ones. No idea though if she'll write the sequel in book form since the manga isn't being produced anymore.

#4 iatracthotboys

iatracthotboys

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 05:28 PM

do any of you guys know what jinx's ex-boyfriend, the one who she put her first spell on, ya do you know his name cause i forgot and im doing a book report on it so i really need to no!!! please answer this soon because i need to no by tommorow!!!!!!!!! help me!! :0

#5 Jcrazy

Jcrazy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 05:30 PM

^^His name was Dylan.

#6 radiah

radiah

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 09:22 AM

Meg, it's been 4 years since Jinx was published, are you going to write a sequel or considering about it? Thanks.

#7 radiah

radiah

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 09:44 AM

Meg, in your forum: http://forums.megcab...showtopic=56757

You did mention this : megcabot Yes, Jinx will now have a sequel...but like Avalon High, it will be a manga sequel. I think people are really going to like it, though, and witches lend themselves well to manga.

Is it really going to be a Manga and is the sequel confirmed?? I really hope it would not be a manga because its more pictures than words. But still, all your books are great! including maavalon high but i hope you'd write jinx in mostly words.

Edited by radiah, 31 July 2011 - 09:45 AM.

#8 MegCabot

MegCabot

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Root Admin
  • 3,002 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 02:48 PM

Meg, in your forum: http://forums.megcab...showtopic=56757

You did mention this : megcabot Yes, Jinx will now have a sequel...but like Avalon High, it will be a manga sequel. I think people are really going to like it, though, and witches lend themselves well to manga.

Is it really going to be a Manga and is the sequel confirmed?? I really hope it would not be a manga because its more pictures than words. But still, all your books are great! including maavalon high but i hope you'd write jinx in mostly words.

Hi! The manga sequel fell through due to various reasons such as the publisher no longer existing. But it's just as well since I have moved on to new projects and I'm pretty happy with the way Jinx ended, and think we should leave it as it is for now. But thanks for asking!

Meg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users