17 replies to this topic

#1 bookgirl25

bookgirl25

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Moderators
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 04:36 PM

Welcome To Ask Meg about How To Be Popular

Here you can post your questions about the book that showed popularity isn't everything it seems!

:spinstar: PLEASE read the FAQ before you ask a question in the forum. This will save time and space.

:spinstar: PLEASE use the SEARCH BUTTON and the How to Be Popular forums FIRST.

:spinstar: PLEASE do not chat in this thread! This is for asking questions, and Meg will answer. If you would like to chat about the book, go to the book forum HERE

:spinstar: PLEASE be respectful if you answer a question in this forum!

:spinstar: And as always, PLEASE, adhere to the Meg Cabot Message Boards rules!

FREQUNETLY ASK QUESTIONS! (Psst! Read this before posting!):

:spinstar: Will there be a sequel?
No, this is a stand alone novel.

:spinstar: Is there any new movie information?
How to Be Popular was optioned by MTV for a TV movie/series.

Thanks for your attention!

Enjoy!

--Bookie

#2 americangirl52

americangirl52

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 12:51 PM

How did you come up with How To Be Popular?

#3 MegCabot

MegCabot

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Root Admin
  • 3,002 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 10:30 PM

How did you come up with How To Be Popular?

I found an old book about manners from the 1950s and I thought it would be funny to write a book about a girl who found a book like that and followed the instructions and became popular, then found out popularity was not all it's cracked up to be.

Love,

Meg

#4 parisluvr

parisluvr

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 09:49 PM

does it take place in bloomington indiana? (but u just changed the name a little?)

#5 MegCabot

MegCabot

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Root Admin
  • 3,002 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 12:06 AM

does it take place in bloomington indiana? (but u just changed the name a little?)

No, the place I was writing about was a much, much smaller town. But there were a few similarities (like the name, as you pointed out) and Bloomington has a planetarium, but it's associated with Indiana University.

Meg

#6 bookwormwriter98

bookwormwriter98

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,536 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 12:14 PM

i was wondering how the idea of a talent auction came into your head. i would never have thought of such a thing in a million years!
and also, why do most people (like Steph) want to be popular so bad whereas others (like Jason) enjoy being social rejects. if the question didn't confuse you too much.
thanks a million!
:spinstar: :spinstar: :spinstar: :spinstar: :spinstar: :spinstar: :spinstar: :spinstar:

Edited by bookwormwriter98, 09 August 2010 - 12:15 PM.

#7 MegCabot

MegCabot

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Root Admin
  • 3,002 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 01:34 AM

Oh, hi, sorry, I didn't notice this question. The idea for this came to me because it's something they do at one of the local schools near where I live! Only no one ever auctions off something I need, which is someone to answer all your questions on this board :icon_mecry2:

As for why Steph wanted to be popular and Jason did not, did you read the book? Steph learned that being popular, at least in her school, meant having to act kind of fake and betraying other people's trust. That is not to say ALL popular people are like this, because that is not true. But it was true in Steph's school. That is why Jason didn't want to hang out with the crowd that was considered "popular" at his school. He wanted to hang out with true friends he valued and trusted and who treated him with respect.

#8 MusicLover11

MusicLover11

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 12:17 AM

Hi Meg! I thought I'd ask about the book being optioned. Has anything further happened with it that you've heard about?

#9 bookwormwriter98

bookwormwriter98

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,536 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 04:22 PM

and if so, are there open positions...?

~ :mgbumblebee:

#10 MegCabot

MegCabot

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Root Admin
  • 3,002 posts

Posted 24 December 2010 - 05:13 PM

Hi Meg! I thought I'd ask about the book being optioned. Has anything further happened with it that you've heard about?

I actually haven't heard anything about this book's option lately! Although there is a school in Chicago that got permission to put on a play of it every year. But you have to go to that school to be in the play. That's all I know!

Meg

#11 Meg_Cabot_Books_Lover

Meg_Cabot_Books_Lover

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 06:24 AM

I just read how to be popular and I love it!!! <3 I finished Mediator which I SERIOUSLY LOVED!!!! And I wrote about it recently in the recent Mediator Discussion thing but I haven't been replied to yet....? :) I love all your books and am working my way through them. I've already read Princess Diaries but and going to re-read them because its just so good! You are the best teen author ever. Your books are the best I have ever read!

#12 QueenBeeLove

QueenBeeLove

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 04:25 PM

I'm writing a reasearch paper about you,Meg Cabot, and I was wondering what would be some connections between your life and the book that would be great for the paper?

#13 starberry

starberry

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,205 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 04:50 PM

I'm writing a reasearch paper about you,Meg Cabot, and I was wondering what would be some connections between your life and the book that would be great for the paper?

Meg, doesn't answer questions for research papers. I'd recommend you go through her FAQ's section of her website to get that info?
M :)

#14 hproker

hproker

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 12:34 PM

hello im reading this book now (not this second though) its the first time iv read it and its amaizing. im only on page 20 something because i only got it today but im realy enjoying it. just wondering is there going to be another book after this one about the same person?

#15 iheartairhead101

iheartairhead101

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 12:21 PM

Meg Cabot, I love your books and your writing style. I loved what you added at the end of 'How to be Popular' All of the quotes about how you should just be yourself. How did you come up with that idea? I love it!

#16 kittycat2219

kittycat2219

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 08:03 AM

Meg Cabot, I love your books and your writing style. I loved what you added at the end of 'How to be Popular' All of the quotes about how you should just be yourself. How did you come up with that idea? I love it!

when did u come up with this idea?

#17 yennyxoxo

yennyxoxo

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 07:15 PM

How old is Steph?

#18 bookaholic19

bookaholic19

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 09:54 AM

hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii, I just wanted to say that I looooove your book, its one of my favourites, among many others,

I wanted to ask you- were you a fan of well coffee? Is that why you mention so often that they go to the coffee pot?

also um okay im really curious, when you said Steph's hair was short and curly did you mean like a bob cut?

Did you ever think of writing a sequel?? pleeeease do!!!! that book rocked...and id love to know more about Steph and Jason!!!!!!!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users