• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 bookgirl25

bookgirl25

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Moderators
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 04:20 PM

Welcome To Ask Meg about her Other Adult Novels!

Here you can post your questions about Meg's adult novels:

The *Boy* Books:
The Boy Next Door
Boy Meets Girl
Every Boy's Got One

She Went All The Way

Adult Historicals under Patricia Cabot:
Where Roses Grow Wild
Portrait Of My Heart
An Improper Proposal
A Little Scandal
Lady of Skye
Educating Caroline
Kiss The Bride

Insatiable Series
Insatiable
Overbite

:spinstar: PLEASE read the FAQ before you ask a question in the forum. This will save time and space.

:spinstar: PLEASE use the SEARCH BUTTON and the book forums FIRST.

:spinstar: PLEASE do not chat in this thread! This is for asking questions, and Meg will answer. If you would like to chat about the book, go to the book forums. HERE!

:spinstar: PLEASE be respectful if you answer a question in this forum!

:spinstar: And as always, PLEASE, adhere to the Meg Cabot Message Boards rules!

FREQUNETLY ASK QUESTIONS! (Psst! Read this before posting!):

:spinstar: These are adult novels, am I old enough to read them?
If you have to ask, then no, you're not. Some of these books contain adult situations and language.

:spinstar: Will there be a third book in the Insatiable series?
At this time, a third book is not planned.

:spinstar: Are The *Boy* Books a series?
These books are a "pseudo-series." That is, they involve some of the same characters and settings, but they do not have the same main character or a continuing main story line. They all follow characters who are employees of the fictional New York Journal. There are some recurring minor characters, and other characters that only make appearances in one or two books. They are documentary novels, meaning that they are written entirely in emails, IMs, journal entries, memos, etc. The order is as follows:

The Boy Next Door (The Guy Next Door in the UK)
Boy Meets Girl
Every Boy's Got One

:spinstar: Will there be any more Boy books?
Not as of right now.

:spinstar: I can't find books by Patricia Cabot in my library. Help!
You can find the books on Amazon, Barnes&Noble, and probably where most other books are sold. Keep in mind that they are older books, so you may have to get creative in your searching. Also keep in mind that they will be in the adult section.

:spinstar: Will there Be a sequel to She Went All The Way?
Meg said she had a sequel planned at one point, but it didn't work out.

Thanks for your attention!

Enjoy!

--Bookie

#2 Lavender

Lavender

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 03:43 PM

Dear Meg,
I was introduced to "Every boy's got one" when I was stuck in the middle of nowhere. I had just missed my train and I had been informed that I had to wait two hours for the next train from this little town near Tours called "Saint Pierre des corps" to Paris. I found your book in the international section of the bookstore located at the train station. I laughed so much and enjoyed every moment of it. I bought 3 copies in French for my friends. I hope the situation and humour was translated properly. Anyway, I wanted to thank you for those happy moments I had reading this book and I was sad when It ended.

I have read your other (adult) books since then and cannot wait for your next one. I have realised that you write many books are for teenagers but I do hope that there will be more books for your adult fans.
I wish you all the best in your work.

#3 MegCabot

MegCabot

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Root Admin
  • 3,002 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 10:28 PM

Dear Meg,
I was introduced to "Every boy's got one" when I was stuck in the middle of nowhere. I had just missed my train and I had been informed that I had to wait two hours for the next train from this little town near Tours called "Saint Pierre des corps" to Paris. I found your book in the international section of the bookstore located at the train station. I laughed so much and enjoyed every moment of it. I bought 3 copies in French for my friends. I hope the situation and humour was translated properly. Anyway, I wanted to thank you for those happy moments I had reading this book and I was sad when It ended.

I have read your other (adult) books since then and cannot wait for your next one. I have realised that you write many books are for teenagers but I do hope that there will be more books for your adult fans.
I wish you all the best in your work.

Thank you so much, I'm glad you enjoy my adult books! I have another one coming out next summer called "Insatiable." I'm afraid I can't tell you more than that right now though--it's a secret! But I hope you'll like it!

Love,

Meg

#4 GirloftheArts

GirloftheArts

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 01:59 PM

Dear Meg
I really loved the "Boys" series. I wanted to ask which one was the most fun to write?
Love
Olivia

#5 MegCabot

MegCabot

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Root Admin
  • 3,002 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 03:15 PM

Dear Meg
I really loved the "Boys" series. I wanted to ask which one was the most fun to write?
Love
Olivia

Probably Boy Meets Girl since I modeled some characters in it on some people I know. But I can't tell you who and if this ever goes to court I will deny it.

#6 Bookworm923

Bookworm923

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,778 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 06:53 PM

Dear Meg,
WHAT IS INSATIABLE ABOUT!?
I know you've been saying you can't spare any details yet, but can you tell us at least what genre it is? Please?
I love your books! And it's been driving me crazy! (Okay...maybe not that crazy, but I would still love to know.)
-Kayli :P

#7 MegCabot

MegCabot

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Root Admin
  • 3,002 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 05:25 PM

Dear Meg,
WHAT IS INSATIABLE ABOUT!?
I know you've been saying you can't spare any details yet, but can you tell us at least what genre it is? Please?
I love your books! And it's been driving me crazy! (Okay...maybe not that crazy, but I would still love to know.)
-Kayli :P

Insatiable is an adult book in a genre that I'm calling urban gothic.

This is a genre that I kind of made up, because Insatiable doesn't really fit into any of the current genres out there.

I guess you could say it's a mix of paranormal, romance, mystery, suspense, and humor.

Ergo: urban gothic.

#8 Rafal

Rafal

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 10:10 PM

Meg,
Howdy! I read your blog-entry-thing about free ebooks, and I thought your points were very valid. I was wondering how do you feel about second hand book selling? Not in, say, charity stores, but on eBay and stuff. Because you don't get the royalties, or something (i'm sorry, it's the holidays and I'm tired).

Thank you!
Rafal ;]

#9 sweet_attrition

sweet_attrition

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 05:40 AM

Dear Meg, I have been a fan of reading your books since I was 11 years old, by starting wth Princess Diaries.. Now I'm 18, and have read all of your books, my favourites being the Boy Series and even a couple of your historical romances too :P. You're one of the very few authors that can write a really good book yet still manage to include with and humour.
Anyways, I wanted to ask if you are thinking of continuing the Boy Series, I have read the FAQs and know you haven't planned anything yet. But will you start a new series similar to them in the future? And your new book, Insatiable [which I am really looking forward to by the way], is that a stand-alone book?
Thanks Meg :)

#10 MegCabot

MegCabot

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Root Admin
  • 3,002 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 06:13 PM

Dear Meg, I have been a fan of reading your books since I was 11 years old, by starting wth Princess Diaries.. Now I'm 18, and have read all of your books, my favourites being the Boy Series and even a couple of your historical romances too :P. You're one of the very few authors that can write a really good book yet still manage to include with and humour.
Anyways, I wanted to ask if you are thinking of continuing the Boy Series, I have read the FAQs and know you haven't planned anything yet. But will you start a new series similar to them in the future? And your new book, Insatiable [which I am really looking forward to by the way], is that a stand-alone book?
Thanks Meg :)

Hi! I don't have any plans to do any more Boy series books at this time. And thanks about looking forward to Insatiable! I don't know if there'll be a sequel or not. You'll have to let me know after you've read it if you want one! ;)

Love,

Meg

#11 SomethingFearless

SomethingFearless

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 11:26 PM

Hi Meg,

I've only read a few of your adult historicals (Lady of Skye and Educating Caroline) but I adored them. My question is, are there any plans to re-release these books any time soon? I noticed that some of them are available through Amazon Kindle and some aren't, but I'd love to know about any development on this front for a hardcopy re-release. Thanks!

#12 BattleshipMoose

BattleshipMoose

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 12:48 AM

Dear Meg-

I've done it! I finally tracked down a copy of each one of your adult historical romances even the short story published in A Season in the Highlands. Having now read all of them, I can say as a fact that you are one of my favorite Regency romance novelists. Please, write more!

Moose

#13 SiberianOwlette

SiberianOwlette

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 11:06 PM

Hi Meg,

I looked in the forum but couldn't find any topic where Ransom My Heart was included, so I guess it just goes into this category :blush:

It's one of my most favorite books at the moment! I just love Finnula Crais! I was wondering if you're planning on adding a sequel to it? Like, for example, how they deal with marriage and child and the still burning fire between them? :icon_lol:

And, by the way, this story would make a really awesome movie! The herione herself, the settings, the clothes, everything! :heartbeat:

#14 CarolBCanadense

CarolBCanadense

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 03:16 PM

Meg, what is Jane Harris' cat's name? In Brazil is Cara, and in english? is it also Cara? My cat's name is Cara, because of you.

Thanks,
Carol :spinstar:

#15 CarolBCanadense

CarolBCanadense

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 03:24 PM

I read Boy meets Girl 12 times, and I'm reading again. I really love this book.The Boy series are my favorite books...So, what happened to Dale? And Vivica?

Canadian Carol Bacon :heartbeat:

#16 Queridagirl614

Queridagirl614

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 892 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 12:08 AM

Hi Meg,

I just wanted to say I really enjoyed reading Insatiable. It was a lot different than other stuff by you, and it was really interesting to read (Loved Alaric by the way!). I know you already mentioned you were going to do a sequel, and I was just wondering if along with vampires, and psychics like Meena, if there were going to be any other paranormal creatures/ types of beings in the next novel?

Thanks!

Kari

#17 muranna

muranna

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 11:58 PM

Hi! I don't have any plans to do any more Boy series books at this time. And thanks about looking forward to Insatiable! I don't know if there'll be a sequel or not. You'll have to let me know after you've read it if you want one! ;)

Love,

Meg

Hi Meg ,

i send this message from China. The book <the boy next door> is the first book of yours i am reading. And i like it very much. i wonder if there is a Chinese version ? i searched it online and many bookstores, but i couldn't find.

i believe there would be lots of young girls love your books in China. i recommend you to launch the Chinese version strongly!

cheers,

muranna

#18 kmurph20

kmurph20

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 09:03 AM

I know that the romances are no longer being published, but is there any way that you can have the available for the nook and kindle?

#19 MegCabot

MegCabot

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Root Admin
  • 3,002 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 12:58 AM

I know that the romances are no longer being published, but is there any way that you can have the available for the nook and kindle?

We're negotiating these rights and the ones that aren't already available should be coming soon!

#20 MegCabot

MegCabot

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Root Admin
  • 3,002 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 12:59 AM

Hi Meg ,

i send this message from China. The book <the boy next door> is the first book of yours i am reading. And i like it very much. i wonder if there is a Chinese version ? i searched it online and many bookstores, but i couldn't find.

i believe there would be lots of young girls love your books in China. i recommend you to launch the Chinese version strongly!

cheers,

muranna

Thanks! Many of these books will be available in Chinese soon!

#21 MegCabot

MegCabot

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Root Admin
  • 3,002 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 01:02 AM

Hi Meg,

I just wanted to say I really enjoyed reading Insatiable. It was a lot different than other stuff by you, and it was really interesting to read (Loved Alaric by the way!). I know you already mentioned you were going to do a sequel, and I was just wondering if along with vampires, and psychics like Meena, if there were going to be any other paranormal creatures/ types of beings in the next novel?

Thanks!

Kari

Thanks so much! I'm glad you're enjoying the book! And in answer to you query, yes, you'll find all sorts of unusual creatures in the upcoming sequel, Overbite!

#22 MegCabot

MegCabot

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Root Admin
  • 3,002 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 01:03 AM

Yes, you'll see them available in both formats soon!

#23 Chy32

Chy32

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 03:35 PM

Hi Meg!

I just finished listening to Overbite, and I was wondering if Meena's necklace was inspired by something that Tiffany's actually sells. It sounded so pretty, I just wanted to see it.

Thanks!

Cheryl

#24 vivianrajah

vivianrajah

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 03:31 PM

Hi Meg,

I just read Overbite. Love the book, but I'm a bit sad for Lucien :( I don't have anything against Alaric [ I totally understand why two guys would fight for one girl], but I have to admit that I kind of liked the bad-but-really-good-guy Lucien and wanted Meena to end with him. Then again, I also didn't want Alaric to end alone. How hard was it for you to write the ending? Would there be another book where in a parallel universe Lucien gets the girl because I want Alaric to be happy too. I could of course come up with a story in my mind, but you do it much better :)

#25 Jesselover!

Jesselover!

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 156 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 07:52 PM

DEar meg,
I know this has nothing to do with anything but....
I want to know what mwde you want to write?or where did some of your insparation come from ?????
I just would like to know:) because i want to be as cool as anauthore like you!!!

#26 satinb0w

satinb0w

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 11:50 PM

Hi Meg~

I just finished reading Overbite and it was AMAZING. One of the best vampire books I've ever read. I was wondering if there was going to be a third book. c: (Although Lucien died. :<)

#27 bookgirl25

bookgirl25

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Moderators
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 09:58 AM

Hi Meg~

I just finished reading Overbite and it was AMAZING. One of the best vampire books I've ever read. I was wondering if there was going to be a third book. c: (Although Lucien died. :<)

Right now, there is no third book planned. Meg addressed this question here :]

#28 caffenero

caffenero

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 06:07 AM

Hi Meg,

I'm Silvia.
I just grabbed "Every Boy's got one" for my Kindle and had an heart attack! You not only settled the novel (Brilliant style! I love the BOY series) in my Region, no, you choose MY HOME! I'm delighted, surprised, overwhelmed! As you wrote down not so many people know my little land-spot :icon_geek:
I come from Porto Recanati, anyway. I hope I'm not your only "Portorecanatese"reader, even if I find extremely difficult to think to somebody else that Love your books, can read in English (talians aren't famouse for their fluent English, are they?) and live there.
I would like to ask you how did you found us, but I've just read your post "Sophia's baggage" so now I know. I'm sorry for your lost. That's truly sad. However, I think that you've a lot of happy memories connected with my Land, so if there something special you need from this side of the planet just ask!
Well, I'm a grown up Meg Cabot's reader (38 actually), so I would like not to sound a little teeny fan with my offer. Neither too *%^##y with my next. Would you like to have all the Italian parts corrected? It's not a big deal, but I hate to see typing or translation errors in good books :icon_redface:
Through, I love your books, I admire your work and style and I would be very happy to be helpful somehow. That's all.
Baci :heartbeat: ,
Silvia

#29 one_more_dreamy

one_more_dreamy

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 09:41 PM

dear meg
My name is Sarah and I am writing from Brazil.
my english is precarious and so I'm using google translator (this is embarrassing more expensive'm happy to do this)

well what I wanted to ask everyone already asked more I'll ask again

after overbite have another book?

I have to wonder if Jon are married and Yalena
if Meena and Alaric are firm and strong

God, if you do not think I'll pull my hair out so much curiosity

thanks for listening to a crazy fan and completely brainless

get well

Sah

#30 bookgirl25

bookgirl25

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Moderators
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 03:20 PM

Sarah,

There is no book planned after Overbite

#31 one_more_dreamy

one_more_dreamy

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 08:32 PM

but not exactly have a final
does not have an end at the end of the book
When accepted only have a very big End

I'm a fan it's my duty as such expect a continuation.
I have to wonder if Jack will have cute babies!
You can blame me for that?
bet will miss our girl in pajamas clouds
and our crazy Mary and her charming husband Emil

this can not be the end!

#32 brandi2

brandi2

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 07:11 PM

I'm really sorry guys. I know this question isn't about one of her novels, but there's no where else i can ask.
Meg, are you going to turn your short story the night hunter into a full length novel? I would love to read more about the characters you created. Please consider turning it into a full length novel!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users