• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#46 MiaRox721

MiaRox721

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:39 PM

I wanted to take the opportunity to let you know that I have just finished reading the Heather Wells mystery “Size 14 is Not Fat Either”, and I absolutely loved it! As a matter of fact, I loved the whole Heather Wells series (well, the first three books that I have read. I have not gotten a chance to read the fourth book yet, but I plan on starting it sometime next week). I indubitably love Heather’s sarcastic nature and her mostly positive outlook on life. On top of that, I love that she feels that she is still a beautiful woman, even though she may be a size 12 or 14 woman; this is a quality that all teen girls and adult women should want to encompass, and I hope that Heather can help them see that.

As I read my way through the first three books of the Heather Wells series, especially after reading “Size 14 is Not Fat Either”, I started to question a lot of things in your novel. For instance, is Heather’s personality based off of your own personality, a friend’s personality, or just something you created? Also, I read the little section in the back of the book that talks about your relationship with the Tau Phi Epsilon house. Did they really hold initiation rituals and wear cloaks like they did in the novel (maybe minus trying to murder people)? Finally, did people ever get murdered when you worked in a college? Are the murder stories in the novel based on things that happened when you worked in a college?

Side Note: You are, without a doubt, my favorite author, and I don’t know what I would do without your books.

#47 Becky J

Becky J

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 09:10 AM

Hi Meg - I hope this is the best place to contact you!

I am a big fan of your books and I have just finished reading the first in the Heather Wells series, which I really loved! I have a lot in common with Heather as I am also a singer/songwriter (and also plus-size - although I haven't been dropped by any companies yet ;))

I loved how at the start of the chapters you have the lyrics to Heather's songs and I was just wondering if it would be alright to write one of them into a real song?? I have been humming a little melody to the end lyrics "Someday You'll Be Home" which I think would sound really nice and I would love to write the rest of the song from the perspective of Heather on my acoustic guitar. I saw that you have Sugar Rush as a real song on Youtube but would be great to do one as Heather the singer/songwriter! Would this be something I would be allowed to do?

Thanks so much!
Becky x

https://soundcloud.com/beckyjerams

#48 MegCabot

MegCabot

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Root Admin
  • 3,002 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 04:08 PM

Hi Meg - I hope this is the best place to contact you!

I am a big fan of your books and I have just finished reading the first in the Heather Wells series, which I really loved! I have a lot in common with Heather as I am also a singer/songwriter (and also plus-size - although I haven't been dropped by any companies yet wink.gif)

I loved how at the start of the chapters you have the lyrics to Heather's songs and I was just wondering if it would be alright to write one of them into a real song?? I have been humming a little melody to the end lyrics "Someday You'll Be Home" which I think would sound really nice and I would love to write the rest of the song from the perspective of Heather on my acoustic guitar. I saw that you have Sugar Rush as a real song on Youtube but would be great to do one as Heather the singer/songwriter! Would this be something I would be allowed to do?

Thanks so much!
Becky x

https://soundcloud.com/beckyjerams

Hi, Becky! I'm glad you're enjoying the Heather Wells series! Actually these songs are copyrighted so sadly this wouldn't be okay, but of course you could write your own song using the words "Someday You'll Be Home" as the hook (and title, as titles can't be copyrighted). It would be easy to make up your own words to the rest of the lyrics, and of course the melody will be yours.  Then when the song becomes a huge hit, you will be the one to reap all the profit!  Good luck - I'm always happy to be the source of another artist's inspiration!

Meg

#49 MegCabot

MegCabot

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Root Admin
  • 3,002 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 04:23 PM

I wanted to take the opportunity to let you know that I have just finished reading the Heather Wells mystery “Size 14 is Not Fat Either”, and I absolutely loved it! As a matter of fact, I loved the whole Heather Wells series (well, the first three books that I have read. I have not gotten a chance to read the fourth book yet, but I plan on starting it sometime next week). I indubitably love Heather’s sarcastic nature and her mostly positive outlook on life. On top of that, I love that she feels that she is still a beautiful woman, even though she may be a size 12 or 14 woman; this is a quality that all teen girls and adult women should want to encompass, and I hope that Heather can help them see that.

As I read my way through the first three books of the Heather Wells series, especially after reading “Size 14 is Not Fat Either”, I started to question a lot of things in your novel. For instance, is Heather’s personality based off of your own personality, a friend’s personality, or just something you created? Also, I read the little section in the back of the book that talks about your relationship with the Tau Phi Epsilon house. Did they really hold initiation rituals and wear cloaks like they did in the novel (maybe minus trying to murder people)? Finally, did people ever get murdered when you worked in a college? Are the murder stories in the novel based on things that happened when you worked in a college?

Side Note: You are, without a doubt, my favorite author, and I don’t know what I would do without your books.

Hi, MiaRox! I'm glad you're enjoying the Heather Wells books! As for your question, I don't know where Heather's personality comes from. I try to think how a character who has been through the things she has would act in the situations she gets into, and Heather is what shows up on the page! As for the fraternity houses depicted in the books, I grew up in a home in a college town very close to fraternity row, so I had a LOT of experience with them (and sororities).  Not all houses are the same, but yes, some of them did engage in cloaked initiation rituals (and not just sororities and fraternities do this. There are many societies that do this).

When I worked a college residence hall, there were actually many more suicides and suicide attempts than there were murders, but the investigations into the cause of death was pretty much the same (minus the shoot-outs, of course) since the individuals rarely left notes.

I just finished the latest Heather Wells mystery, The Bride Wore Size 12, so I hope you'll give that a try in September when it comes out!

XO
Meg 

#50 Becky J

Becky J

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 03:26 AM

Hi, Becky! I'm glad you're enjoying the Heather Wells series! Actually these songs are copyrighted so sadly this wouldn't be okay, but of course you could write your own song using the words "Someday You'll Be Home" as the hook (and title, as titles can't be copyrighted). It would be easy to make up your own words to the rest of the lyrics, and of course the melody will be yours.  Then when the song becomes a huge hit, you will be the one to reap all the profit!  Good luck - I'm always happy to be the source of another artist's inspiration!

Meg

Hi Meg,

Thank you so much for getting back to me - I thought that might be the case with the copyright but figured it was worth an ask! I have a good idea for some original lyrics on a similar theme though so I will probably still write a "Heather Wells inspired" track instead! :)

I look forward to reading the next installments of the series - thanks a lot!
Becky

#51 babymickey98

babymickey98

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 10:21 PM

hi, im a newbie here! first of all, i would really like to express how awesome i think your books are! especially heather wells mysteries! i feel like the balance between the romance and the murder mysteries are very balanced and yet certain scenes(ie.size 12 and ready to rock) in the book are pretty sweet. Feels like i never one to put it down!!!!!!

Cant wait for the next book! the cover for the 5th book looks a bit different compared to the others, so will be anticipating it(what with the arrival of Heather's mum)

All in all, its an awesome series!

-babymickey98

PS: I live in Malaysia and i was wondering will you guys ever print harcover copies and sell it here or anywhere else? Because i think hardcovers has that extra bit touch of excitement(i dont even know what im saying......>_<)

:mgwave: :spinstar: :icon_biggrin: :icon_study: :user: :love7:

#52 bookaholic19

bookaholic19

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 08:28 PM

hii Meg, how are you?? This is my favourite of the series though I really love the first book, I was wondering when you wrote about Heather, and about her being a formebased on br popstar did you bsse her character on an actual former popstar or a part of her
was based on a real life former singer??

#53 shybustergirl

shybustergirl

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 10:44 PM

I just started listning to "Heather Wells series" I found all the series but the first one on audio. is this book ( size 12 is not fat)  not on audio? I have gone to all the sites you requested to find it. I love your books they are awesome. =)

#54 krandrianasolo

krandrianasolo

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 11:35 PM

I love how you write books that can be enjoyed by tweens, teens and adults. I just finished ready the Heather Wells series, all five...I was wondering if you have finished with this character or are looking to do a few more in the series. I would love to see life after marriage with Cooper and Heather. From your blog it looks like you have been super busy with your other series (by the way extremely excited about a new mediator book, love that series too), but are there plans for a 6th or 7th book for Heather Wells?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users