• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#1 bookgirl25

bookgirl25

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Moderators
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 08:37 PM

Welcome To Ask Meg about the Airhead series!

Here you can post your questions to Meg about the series that defied description and broke through genres!

:spinstar: PLEASE read the FAQ before you ask a question in the forum. This will save time and space.

:spinstar: PLEASE use the SEARCH BUTTON and the Airhead forums FIRST.

:spinstar: PLEASE do not chat in this thread! This is for asking questions, and Meg will answer. If you would like to chat about the book, go to the book forum Here!

:spinstar: PLEASE be respectful if you answer a question in this forum!

:spinstar: And as always, PLEASE, adhere to the Meg Cabot Message Boards rules!

FREQUNETLY ASK QUESTIONS! (Psst! Read this before posting!):

:spinstar: Will there be an Airhead movie?
It is currently being optioned by companies to become a feature film. This means that it may be picked up, by a company. If you want more information about the possibility of a movie, stay posted to Meg's blog, she'll update you first!

Thanks for your attention!

Enjoy!

--Bookie

#2 emz

emz

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 198 posts

Posted 17 October 2009 - 11:59 AM

Dear Meg,
Are you sure that Runaway will be the final book?
;)

#3 MegCabot

MegCabot

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Root Admin
  • 3,002 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 09:37 PM

Dear Meg,
Are you sure that Runaway will be the final book?
;)

Yes, I'm pretty sure! I just handed it in and my editor had already got me moving on to the next series--Abandon! So, that's it for the Airhead series!

Meg

#4 EBM

EBM

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 03:07 PM

Dear Meg,

I would just like to say I am a HUGE fan of the Airhead series. I read Airhead and Being Nikki so fast because it was so addicting. I have finished maybe a week ago, but I can't stop thinking about it! Are you giving out any advanced reader copies? I would die for one. Please let me know! By the way, any hints of details? Maybe a quick excerpt? Whatever you want. I'm going to check back 24/7! Please respond!

#5 MegCabot

MegCabot

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Root Admin
  • 3,002 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 02:37 PM

Hi! Sorry, no excerpts yet! I'll let you know as soon as we're ready to post one. It won't be long too long, though. Stay tuned!

http://megcabot.com/...ad/airhead3.php

#6 Meg Fan17

Meg Fan17

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 05:53 PM

Hey Meg!!! I am a big fan as you could see from my name thing.... I was just wondering, in Being Nikki, how does everyone know that Nikki's "soft spot" is the back of her neck? Brandon knows I guessed because he was Nikki's boyfriend before but how does Gabriel Luna know that? I know it's a little random and weird to ask but I was curious....<(^_^)>

#7 jkibbe

jkibbe

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 02:17 PM

I wasn't sure where to post this since it's not book specific, but one of my middle school students wrote you a letter, and I decided to post it here since she's currently reading Airhead. Thanks! Jason
---
Dear Ms. Cabot,

I have considered the occupation of author and would like to know what life as an author is like. I enjoy reading your books and thought that perhaps you could give me some insight into what life is like. Is it boring or exciting? Is it fun to have people constantly trying to get your autograph or does it get old after a while?

Would you recommend becoming an author to other people or not? I have also considered going to the Air Force Academy and when I retire from the military start writing books. I am not sure if I would want to have my whole career be writing. I thought that perhaps you could give some input as to which career path would be more suitable for me.

Sincerely,
Mara

#8 bookgirl25

bookgirl25

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Moderators
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 02:50 PM

jkibbie- There is a lot of information on Meg's main site she can use, for example, HERE she can find out what a Day In the Life of Meg is like, and off to the left of the page is a link to a FAQ page where other questions about being an author are answered :]

#9 MegCabot

MegCabot

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Root Admin
  • 3,002 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 03:07 PM

Hey Meg!!! I am a big fan as you could see from my name thing.... I was just wondering, in Being Nikki, how does everyone know that Nikki's "soft spot" is the back of her neck? Brandon knows I guessed because he was Nikki's boyfriend before but how does Gabriel Luna know that? I know it's a little random and weird to ask but I was curious....<(^_^)>

He doesn't know! It was just a lucky guess. But who doesn't love a neck rub? I'd like one right now please.

#10 MegCabot

MegCabot

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Root Admin
  • 3,002 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 03:13 PM

I wasn't sure where to post this since it's not book specific, but one of my middle school students wrote you a letter, and I decided to post it here since she's currently reading Airhead. Thanks! Jason
---
Dear Ms. Cabot,

I have considered the occupation of author and would like to know what life as an author is like. I enjoy reading your books and thought that perhaps you could give me some insight into what life is like. Is it boring or exciting? Is it fun to have people constantly trying to get your autograph or does it get old after a while?

Would you recommend becoming an author to other people or not? I have also considered going to the Air Force Academy and when I retire from the military start writing books. I am not sure if I would want to have my whole career be writing. I thought that perhaps you could give some input as to which career path would be more suitable for me.

Sincerely,
Mara

Hi, Jason, no, no one should plan on being an author. There is no job stability in it, as authors only make about 6 cents from every book they sell. And that's if they sell the book, and isn't one someone checked out from the library for free. You should plan a career as something else, such as jet fighter pilot, teacher, or brain surgeon, and then write in your spare time--but only if you really love writing. Then if one of your books takes off, it will be a pleasant surprise...but you will always have a stable career (jet pilot, teacher, brain surgeon) to fall back on if the writing thing doesn't work out.

Good luck.

Love,

Meg

#11 princessdiariesgirl

princessdiariesgirl

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 07:57 PM

Dear Meg,
I have read 4 princess diaries books and an airhead, wich one is your favorite and why?

#12 MegCabot

MegCabot

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Root Admin
  • 3,002 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 05:10 PM

dear meg
how do you know just what we think. i mean like how do you just always seem to know exactly wuts going on in our heads.

Aw, you're sweet!

Well, you know I used to be your age once!

Love,

Meg

#13 MegCabot

MegCabot

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Root Admin
  • 3,002 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 05:11 PM

Dear Meg,
I have read 4 princess diaries books and an airhead, wich one is your favorite and why?

Thanks for asking! The truth is, I love all my books the same, just like your parents love all their kids the same.

Love,

Meg

#14 bballerxoxo

bballerxoxo

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 06:04 PM

Dear Meg,
I have a really important question that has been bugging me so much after reading your AMAZING excerpt (i really love it a LOT!). Could you please tell me what chapter that is? and if not, at least if that happens near the beginning, middle, or end of the book? i really hope it's near the beginning xD

love you,
tiffany
xoxo
- - - -
can't wait for Runaway! May 2010

#15 bookgirl25

bookgirl25

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Moderators
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 06:10 PM

Dear Meg,
Thank you so much for adding the excerpt but this is the problem have with your books. when i START something i am just dying to finish so im just DYING to know, will you post another excerpt sometime before May. pretty please? :] thank you so much for being such an amazing author. i LOVE the airhead series. the N.Y.C. glam is the best xD

love tiffany
xoxo

Meg usually only posts one sneak peek before a book comes out. I can't recall a time when she ever posted more than one.

Dear Meg,
I have a really important question that has been bugging me so much after reading your AMAZING excerpt (i really love it a LOT!). Could you please tell me what chapter that is? and if not, at least if that happens near the beginning, middle, or end of the book? i really hope it's near the beginning xD

love you,
tiffany
xoxo
- - - -

I believe this question would be consider a spoiler, because it would reveal aspects of the book, so I am not sure if she will answer this.

#16 StarkQuark

StarkQuark

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 03:44 PM

Dear Meg,
This is a question that i've been wondering about for a while...
Why did you choose to name Stark the way you did?
Did you choose that name because you liked it, or
is it because "stark" is the German word for "strong"?
or for some other reason?

Also, I love the fact that you named Em's sister Frida... the irony of it is hilarious!

#17 EBM

EBM

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 04:32 PM

Whats ironic about em's sister being named frida?

#18 MegCabot

MegCabot

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Root Admin
  • 3,002 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 06:07 PM

Dear Meg,

love you,
tiffany
xoxo
- - - -

Hi! This excerpt comes from Chapter Six.

#19 MegCabot

MegCabot

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Root Admin
  • 3,002 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 06:10 PM

Dear Meg,
This is a question that i've been wondering about for a while...
Why did you choose to name Stark the way you did?
Did you choose that name because you liked it, or
is it because "stark" is the German word for "strong"?
or for some other reason?

Also, I love the fact that you named Em's sister Frida... the irony of it is hilarious!

I chose the name Stark because it sounded to me like the name of a name of a store (like Sears or Target). And since that's what it was supposed to be (Stark Megastore), it just seemed to fit! I don't speak German so I didn't know it meant Strong, but that fits nicely (and I wasn't aware of the Iron Man tie until after the movie came out...oops!)

Thanks about Frida "Kahlo"!

#20 StarkQuark

StarkQuark

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 05:15 PM

Whats ironic about em's sister being named frida?

Frida Kahlo was a bisexual artist, and she made it a point to stand out and be different from everyone else. She frequently made herself look masculine (dressing like a man, etc.), and exaggerated this in several of her paintings (she often gave herself a unibrow and a slight mustache).
Em's sister on the other hand, is obsessed with fashion and conformity, and does not seem to have much of an artistic side.

So, that's why it's ironic :)

#21 StarkQuark

StarkQuark

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 11:34 PM

Dear Meg,

I have a few questions:

Do you know the release date for Runaway? I've looked on several websites (since this one only gives the month), and almost every website I looked at said something different...

Also, have you ever read the Maximum Ride series by James Patterson? The plotline of that is totally different than the plotline of the Airhead series (Well, other than the fact that both involve science to some degree...), but for some reason, Maximum Ride really reminds me of the Airhead series...

#22 MegCabot

MegCabot

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Root Admin
  • 3,002 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 09:02 PM

Dear Meg,

I have a few questions:

Do you know the release date for Runaway? I've looked on several websites (since this one only gives the month), and almost every website I looked at said something different...

Also, have you ever read the Maximum Ride series by James Patterson? The plotline of that is totally different than the plotline of the Airhead series (Well, other than the fact that both involve science to some degree...), but for some reason, Maximum Ride really reminds me of the Airhead series...

The official in-store release date for Runaway is April 20th.

I've never read the Maximum Ride series. Isn't that the one where the kids have wings or something? I did go to the website! It looked cool. Perhaps it reminds you of the Airhead series because they're both so cool. :icon_geek:

Love,

Meg

#23 kyc133

kyc133

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 06:59 PM

Dear Meg Cabot,
I've read almost all of your books(well- all of your books that my school library has, anyway). You are absolutely, one-hundred percent, my favorite author of all time! I'm NOT exaggerating.
Anyway, let me get to the point. I just wanted to know what your favorite books are, and what books you would recommend I read.

P.S. Books like the Airhead series would be spectacular.
Sincerely and Still 13,
kyc133

#24 bookgirl25

bookgirl25

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Moderators
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 08:27 PM

Dear Meg Cabot,
I've read almost all of your books(well- all of your books that my school library has, anyway). You are absolutely, one-hundred percent, my favorite author of all time! I'm NOT exaggerating.
Anyway, let me get to the point. I just wanted to know what your favorite books are, and what books you would recommend I read.

P.S. Books like the Airhead series would be spectacular.
Sincerely and Still 13,
kyc133

Meg makes TONS of reccomendations ALL the time on her blog, check it out :]

#25 bballerxoxo

bballerxoxo

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 05:00 PM

Dear Meg,
Please tell me that there is some sort of possibility that there will be a FOURTH airhead novel? i just read the third and i would be so sad if it ended there. You are so brilliant i'm sure you come up with an ahmazing fourth one. Airhead will forever be my favorite series/novels from you. but i love em all :)

love
tiffany
xoxo

#26 m0nkey_luvs

m0nkey_luvs

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 3,638 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 11:25 AM

Dear Meg,
Please tell me that there is some sort of possibility that there will be a FOURTH airhead novel? i just read the third and i would be so sad if it ended there. You are so brilliant i'm sure you come up with an ahmazing fourth one. Airhead will forever be my favorite series/novels from you. but i love em all :)

love
tiffany
xoxo

There aren't any plans to. The Airhead trilogy is exactly that- a trilogy.
Spoiler
No more is needed. Besides, she has loads of work on other books to do (can't wait for Abandon!)

-Anna

#27 spaz566

spaz566

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 12:55 AM

Dear Meg
If you were ever make airhead into a movie i would love if you had open adutions for it because im a total tomboy and I would make a good Em. Once I started reading the book people were freaking out cause i was careing a girly book around school but airhead is so not a girly book I told some one about the story line and then she said i wish that would happen too you she got me so mad I wouldnt wish what happened 2 em on any one at all

#28 Beautifully Intended

Beautifully Intended

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 10,131 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 08:54 AM

^^^Meg has no say in casting whenever a movie gets made from one of her books. She also can't just "make a movie" of Airhead. Someone else has to express interest in it, buy the option to make a movie, find a screenwriter who will write a script to shop around to companies to make the movie, all that fun stuff. It's a lot of work and also a lot of it is out of Meg's control. If and when Airhead gets optioned and if there's open casting, she will post about it on her blog.

#29 Wanderer73

Wanderer73

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 08:29 PM

Dear Meg,

In regards to the Airhead series, I have one question that I would love to know the answer too. In the series, Mr. Stark obviously knew what he was doing when he tried to kill off the real Nikki. He probably had the whole thing planned from the decision to get rid of her to how it would happen, including the fact that it would happen in public. He needed someone young, gullible, easily influenced, and someone who would LOVE to be Nikki. Was the fact that someone died at the same time as Nikki purely coincidence or did they plan who it would be? If they even had every detail planned, was Frida really the chosen victim? If Em hadn't pushed her out of the way, Frida would have been Nikki. Frida would have fit every characteristic needed in the new Nikki and would have been a much better choice over Em.

Thanks so much for your time!

#30 Tibbi-Shäe

Tibbi-Shäe

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 04:53 PM

Dear Meg,

In regards to the Airhead series, I have one question that I would love to know the answer too. In the series, Mr. Stark obviously knew what he was doing when he tried to kill off the real Nikki. He probably had the whole thing planned from the decision to get rid of her to how it would happen, including the fact that it would happen in public. He needed someone young, gullible, easily influenced, and someone who would LOVE to be Nikki. Was the fact that someone died at the same time as Nikki purely coincidence or did they plan who it would be? If they even had every detail planned, was Frida really the chosen victim? If Em hadn't pushed her out of the way, Frida would have been Nikki. Frida would have fit every characteristic needed in the new Nikki and would have been a much better choice over Em.

That is a great question! I would love to know the answer too!

#31 iTayaz

iTayaz

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 04:05 PM

Dear Meg,

First of all.... If you even reply to this, I might have a heart attack or even die because.... YOU'RE, LIKE, MY IDOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *hyperventilates* Okay.. okay.... Anyways Dx... I absolutely, positively am in LOVE with your Airhead series, seriously. And I was wondering, uhm, if you had set up some way to read it online? I mean, as in, paying for it with PayPal or whatever. Seriously. I'm desperate. I started flipping out when I finished Being Nikki and searched frantically for 6 FREAKING HOURS to find if there was anywhere I could read it online but, alas, nothing T^T. I even resorted to reading Airhead and Being Nikki OVER AND OVER AGAIN just to help with my half-dying-ness...

Kinda. But honestly, this is crazy. I wanna order it on Amazon, but it keeps going nut-zo and going all "incorrect blah blah blah" on me. Plus, I'm afraid something might happen, and I could always just have it on my computer and no one could steal it or anything.

Oh! And MIGHT there be a 4th version of Airhead??? :( I'll probably go emo if there's not. Maybe. Dx

LOVE YOU, MEG!!!!!

~ Taya♥♥♥♥

#32 allbraziliansloveMeg

allbraziliansloveMeg

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 02:23 PM

Dear Meg,
What is the future of Airhead Serie after Runaway?
If a director comes with a proposal for you make a film of the book, you accept or you think about it?
Someone has already shown interest? :blush:

Love,

Victoria.

#33 Beautifully Intended

Beautifully Intended

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 10,131 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 02:28 PM

Victoria- Runaway is the final book in the trilogy. There won't be any more books after it. As for a movie, Airhead has already been optioned to be made into a movie. Whether it's actually made remains to be seen.

Andrea- She got the inspiration from waking up one day and wanting to be someone else for the day and the idea just went from there and ended up as the Airhead series.

#34 allbraziliansloveMeg

allbraziliansloveMeg

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 03:20 PM

Wow, you really know at all!
thanks!

#35 bookworm709

bookworm709

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 01:39 PM

oh my god! Airhead was the best series ever!
Meg, please dont give up on the Airhead series, they were the only books i was interested in and not find boring after the first chapter!
I love those books dearly. :love7:

#36 MegCabot

MegCabot

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Root Admin
  • 3,002 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 01:57 AM

Dear Meg,

Yes, it was supposed to be Frida, because she was younger, a fan, and would have been easier to manage. Good catch! I wondered if anyone was ever going to ask.

#37 MegCabot

MegCabot

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Root Admin
  • 3,002 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 01:58 AM

oh my god! Airhead was the best series ever!
Meg, please dont give up on the Airhead series, they were the only books i was interested in and not find boring after the first chapter!
I love those books dearly. :love7:

Thanks! I'm hoping you're going to like my new series, Abandon, even better. See how you like it and then let me know if you want more Airhead books! I'm betting you'll be begging for more Abandon instead.

#38 MegCabot

MegCabot

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Root Admin
  • 3,002 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 01:59 AM

Victoria- Runaway is the final book in the trilogy. There won't be any more books after it. As for a movie, Airhead has already been optioned to be made into a movie. Whether it's actually made remains to be seen.

Andrea- She got the inspiration from waking up one day and wanting to be someone else for the day and the idea just went from there and ended up as the Airhead series.

Beautifully Intended DOES know it all! It's all true. Thanks, BI!

#39 jink1

jink1

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 03:14 PM

Hi Meg I'm 11 and I want to know if airhead is suited of me

#40 MegCabot

MegCabot

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Root Admin
  • 3,002 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 04:16 PM

Hi Meg I'm 11 and I want to know if airhead is suited of me

Yes, it is. Happy reading!

#41 CracKing97

CracKing97

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 05:53 PM

Hey Meg!!! I'm a HUGE fan of yours. I've read almost all of your books. I just wanted to ask, will there be an Airhead movie? It would be cool if there will. I've sort of got a cast planned out. Amber Tamblyn - Em, Dianna Agron - Nikki and Chad Michael Murray - Christopher.
Thanks =)

#42 Beautifully Intended

Beautifully Intended

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 10,131 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 12:55 PM

^^^The book has been optioned to be made into a movie, but not sure if anything past that has been done. Any movie news will be posted on Meg's blog.

#43 helynnchewygum

helynnchewygum

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 05:55 PM

Dear Meg,

How are you able to capture the emotions of teenage girls so clearly??? I know you used to be a teenager once but being an adult, you have just the right balance of maturity/immaturity to write from the view of a teenager. When you are writing, do you think of yourself as the main character to try and get into the story?

#44 16_dancing_monkeys

16_dancing_monkeys

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 03:13 AM

Miss Cabot-

You are absolutely amazing. How do you do it? :icon_flower:

Your books are the best I have EVER read.

I am a huge fan and enjoy every word that comes out of your books. :icon_study:

How did you get the idea for the Airhead Trilogy?

Thankyou very much for producing such FANTASTIC books and congratulations on your wonderful achievments! :eusa_clap:

xox :heartbeat: :hyper:

#45 Beautifully Intended

Beautifully Intended

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 10,131 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 03:10 PM

16 dancing monkeys- Meg's inspiration for Airhead came from waking up one day and wanting to be a supermodel instead of herself and that kind of idea just planted itself in her head then boom, Airhead was born.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users