• Please log in to reply
141 replies to this topic

#91 Beautifully Intended

Beautifully Intended

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 10,131 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 08:27 AM

^^^They're the exact same books, just published in different countries. The UK version is a foreign edition and they decided to change the titles to better suit their market. Aside from the title change, there's no difference between the two.

#92 jesse's super lover

jesse's super lover

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 01:43 PM

Hii meg..!!!.... :mgwave:

first of all i'l like to thankyou for giving such a SUPERB!!...series......

i wanted to ask that is mediator movies to be made??...and when cause were dying to hear more abt mediator....

n for the HOT JESSE..IAN SOMERHALDER WOULD BE GREAT Pleasee seehis pic..HE'S DAMN HOT AND SEXY!!

JESSE LOVER :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat:

#93 poisongrl

poisongrl

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 06:31 AM

Was book three a homage to I Know What You Did Last Summer? by happenstance I read it right after and noticed the similarities.

#94 johnhallow

johnhallow

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 09:41 PM

To Meg: This isn't just a question about the Mediator series, but ALL of your books. There's nowhere to ask this kind of question >< But... what kind of things have you had to sacrifice to live the life that you're living now? I mean, writing so many books? I've read your interviews and you say you enjoy writing, but it seems like a person would have to give up a lot of things to do all that (i.e. most of the socializing/hanging out with friends you might otherwise be doing -- not that writers don't socialize, but it seems like a difficult balancing act). Writing just looks -- to me -- like a really lonely lifestyle. Fun and interesting, but lonely outside the page. There's your spouse, of course, but a husband/wife can only do so much.

I'm asking because when I picture a prolific writer I picture you (so you're kind of a role model for me :P) and I'm trying to decide what to do with my life (I'm quite young, but you probably wouldn't guess it from my writing, because I sound like some old man haha). I want to write, and I'm good at it, but part of me wants to hear what it's really like from someone who's managed to make something great of themselves. This is a long shot, but I'd really love to hear what your thoughts are :)

#95 sabata

sabata

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 09:52 AM

Hi Meg. My name is Scott and my English teacher had me hooked on the Mediator series. She had the first book in the series and unfortunately i started reading it near the end of the school year. I had to wait the whole summer to finish the series. I'm glad my school's library had the whole series. I enjoyed it. Even recommended it to my sister. I'm glad you wrote these books, but i'm sad that they had to end at 6. I read that there were supposed to be 8 books. Any idea on what 7 and 8 may have been about? Would Suze and Jesse have had to take care of business for mediators? Well with Father Dominic's help of course. But still thanks for writing these books. I really enjoyed them.

Blessings,
Scott
:)

#96 kluver

kluver

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 10:43 PM

Does anyone know what MEG CABOT fear of?

#97 Reader the Fish

Reader the Fish

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 10:23 AM

Hi Meg!

I went to one of your book tours 2011 in Boston, but I wasn't able to ask you this question.

Is there going to be a binding for the 3rd book and 4th book of the Mediator series? There is one for the 1st and 2nd book.

I guess I was so happy to meet you, I forgot to ask you the question. I love the Mediator series!

I hope you reply soon!

Love,

Yurika

#98 IslaMission235

IslaMission235

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 05:01 PM

I love the whole Mediator series and the short story you wrote :) are you going to write another short story? x

#99 Mervisko

Mervisko

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 02:02 PM

Hi Meg,
My name is Merve and I'm from Turkey. I really love reading books especially yours but unfortunately I can't find all of your books in my country.
Anyway you are my role model and I want to be a great author like you.
Did you ever think coming to Turkey? Your fans -including me- would really appreciate it.
Lots of love
P.S.: I'm a huge "The Mediator" fan and looking forward for your epilogue.

#100 pinkruby234

pinkruby234

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 11:04 AM

Hi Meg,
I just wanted to ask if you had any idea how your epilogue to the mediator was coming along becuase i really want to read that. Thanks :)

#101 zoologist1998

zoologist1998

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 09:02 PM

Do you know if she is going to make a movie? It would really make an awesome movie!

#102 MegCabot

MegCabot

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Root Admin
  • 3,002 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 01:10 AM

Hi Meg,
I just wanted to ask if you had any idea how your epilogue to the mediator was coming along becuase i really want to read that. Thanks :)

Thanks for asking! It's coming along great! It's now going to be a full length book! I don't want to say too much more about it because I think sometimes if you talk too much about a project before it's finished, it's bad luck. But to let you know how well it's going, this month I'm going to Carmel, California to do some research for it! I'll see the Mission School, Suze's house, and downtown Carmel-by-the-Sea. Some other places I'm going to check, to give you some hints where the plot is going, are the hospital, and the public high school.

So wish me luck! And thanks for reading!

#103 MegCabot

MegCabot

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Root Admin
  • 3,002 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 01:16 AM

Do you know if she is going to make a movie? It would really make an awesome movie!

Thanks for asking! There is a lot of interest right now in the Mediator from Hollywood. But the interest is coming from television studios/producers. How would you guys feel about a Mediator TELEVISION SERIES????

I would feel VERY GOOD ABOUT THAT.

In fact, the night before I got the email about it, I had a dream I was watching TV, and a show came on. It was about a cool girl in a black leather jacket sneaking out of her house in the middle of the night. I was like, "Hey...that girl looks familiar!" Then I was like, "Hey! That's Suze! And there's Jesse! The Mediator is on TV and no one told me!" (It was really good.)

And the next day, BOING, in my in-box, was the email from the producers who are interested (and they actually have made some of my favorite TV shows, so I know it will be good). So KEEP YOUR FINGERS CROSSED!

Meg

#104 mediator7

mediator7

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 277 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 12:46 AM

Thanks for asking! It's coming along great! It's now going to be a full length book! I don't want to say too much more about it because I think sometimes if you talk too much about a project before it's finished, it's bad luck. But to let you know how well it's going, this month I'm going to Carmel, California to do some research for it! I'll see the Mission School, Suze's house, and downtown Carmel-by-the-Sea. Some other places I'm going to check, to give you some hints where the plot is going, are the hospital, and the public high school.

So wish me luck! And thanks for reading!

:a_smil08: :icon_lol: :happy11: :happy8: :hyper: :lol: :D
Oh. My. Gosh. Words can not describe how happy this makes me :love7:

#105 KatieCakes

KatieCakes

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 08:48 AM

Thanks for asking! There is a lot of interest right now in the Mediator from Hollywood. But the interest is coming from television studios/producers. How would you guys feel about a Mediator TELEVISION SERIES????

In fact, the night before I got the email about it, I had a dream I was watching TV, and a show came on. It was about a cool girl in a black leather jacket sneaking out of her house in the middle of the night. I was like, "Hey...that girl looks familiar!" Then I was like, "Hey! That's Suze! And there's Jesse! The Mediator is on TV and no one told me!" (It was really good.)

And the next day, BOING, in my in-box, was the email from the producers who are interested (and they actually have made some of my favorite TV shows, so I know it will be good). So KEEP YOUR FINGERS CROSSED!

Meg

oh my god I have no words right now!!!! :hyper:

#106 Jcrazy

Jcrazy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 04:20 PM

Meg

I always thought the Mediator series would make a good television series. :D Yay, I'm excited now. Hope to be hearing news about it soon!!

#107 zoologist1998

zoologist1998

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 09:48 PM

Dear Meg,
Thank you so much for replying to my last question. My friend(pinkruby234) and I wanted to now if you ever met Stephenie Meyer? Your books are so much alike! Well, sort of...

Your Fan,
Jasmine L.

#108 zoologist1998

zoologist1998

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 08:58 PM

Meg

That is sooooooooo weird! It is like it's meant to be a tv show! Cool!

#109 Susana2

Susana2

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 04:50 PM

Hi,Meg so i love the mediator series I've read your books a lot of times and i was wondering if there's gonna be movies of the books? i really hope so!! :)

#110 rbookaholic123

rbookaholic123

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 03:59 PM

Meg

Whoo! So excited! I love, love, love The Mediator! If you can could you tell us what shows they have worked on so we could also check them out?

I have another series, Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead, that I love very much that they are trying to make into a movie or a tv show. I know that they can't tell us a lot right now while they are searching for a studio but we do know that one of the producers was involved with the Transformers movies. I was just wondering if you could share what they've been involved in.

I hope it works out!

#111 IslaMission235

IslaMission235

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 06:23 PM

Hi Meg, so is the mediator series going to be a TV show? Please keep us posted, I absolutely love all your books xxx

#112 tess75

tess75

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 12:20 PM

Dear Meg,
I want know when the mediator 6 plubication in French.
I hope that you can answer me. Thanks you.

#113 I<3JesseandChristopher

I<3JesseandChristopher

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 03:56 PM

Meg

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :) :) :) ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :love7: :love7: :love7: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :mgwave: :happy8: :happy11: :icon_lol: :a_smil08: :spinstar: :spinstar: :spinstar: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat:

YES!!! Words cannot describe how I feel right now!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just make sure it gets on Netflix... I don't have cable, lol.

#114 I<3JesseandChristopher

I<3JesseandChristopher

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 04:00 PM

Dear Meg, do you think Joss Whedon would be a good producer for The Mediator TV series if there's gonna be one? He did so well with Buffy!!!

#115 suze'dsilva

suze'dsilva

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 12:32 AM

hi meg
i am a dieheart fan of your books.
but i just want to know why Paul like Suze soo much, enough to stop Jesse from dying. u have actually not given any reason for it u know.i would so like to know why.
thanks for your time. thanks soooo much.
-Ardra(my real name) :mgwave:

#116 suze.angelova

suze.angelova

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 06:35 AM

^Maybe there wasnt an exact reason, but I think that it was mainly that he felt a connection to her because she was a shifter just like him, and no one else was.

Plus he was used to getting whatever he wanted so Suze not liking him back made him chase her even more.

I hope that helped a bit :)

#117 JSandATfan

JSandATfan

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 150 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 09:25 PM

Oh WOW!! A Mediator TV series would be soooooo awesome! (and the thing about your dream and then the e-mail is so cool!) A movie would have to sqeeze everything into about 2 hours, while with a tv series, I think the characters could be developed a lot better and we could really get to know them better than you can in a quick movie. Each book could easily be broken up into 4 or 5 tv episodes, and with extra ghost storylines added in, that could result in at least 24 episdoes, definitely enough for one full tv season (or hopefully more!). Being a girl who loved watching the Buffy TVS series in high school, I can't help but imagine it kinda being like Buffy, with the kick-butt strong girl and the addicting girl-boy (Buffy and Angel, or Suze and Jesse) developing friendship/love storyline!!
I hadn't thought of a tv series option before, but I know I'd love either one. Anything that showed Suze and Jesse would be great!! :love7:

#118 suze.angelova

suze.angelova

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 06:25 AM

Hi Meg, I know you're really busy, so if you ever get around to answering this, I'd really appreciate it!

Okay, so I was wondering, what did Suze end up doing after highschool? I know she wasn't exactly a brainiac and it was stated quite a lot that she didn't enjoy school, so I don't think she'd be a college type.

But her mother mentioned that she'd be 'going off to college in two years' when she got the blisters on her feet, yet in the third book Suze said that she would have to finish highschool to get one of those high powered service position at Starbucks that she'd be angling for upon graduation.

Thank you so much! :)

:heartbeat: Suze

Hi, sorry to bother you again, Meg, but Im not sure you ever saw this when I posted it last year, so if you ever have time to answer, it'd really be helpful as Im writing a fanfic and Im uncertain what would have happened to Suze.

Also, I read that you are going to be writing a 7th book instead of a short epilogue... is that still true? And if so, when can we expect it to come out? The Mediator series is still my favorite as it is what inspired me to really fall in love with reading and writing, so if another book were to come out, that would be the best present ever :D

Thank you so much!

#119 suze'dsilva

suze'dsilva

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 10:38 AM

^Maybe there wasnt an exact reason, but I think that it was mainly that he felt a connection to her because she was a shifter just like him, and no one else was.

Plus he was used to getting whatever he wanted so Suze not liking him back made him chase her even more.

I hope that helped a bit :)

thanks i guess that would be a good reason!

#120 susannahsimon

susannahsimon

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 09:10 AM

hie,
All those Mediator fans, we have created this new one to contribute and share our knowledge about The Mediator Series. Please feel free to add to this site: The Mediator Wiki. Your help is duly appreciated.
Thank you :)

Edited by susannahsimon, 17 June 2012 - 09:11 AM.

#121 bookdancer10

bookdancer10

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 09:08 AM

Dear Meg!

I love all of your books and you are my favorite author. Anyway, the mediator series was my favorite and I had a question about it. My question is this:

Does Paul actually like Suze or is he just pretending? What makes me think this is I know he is a mediator too and he might have just thought they were meant to be because of their special powers or does he just like her for Suze and only Suze and he looks past her other powers? I think hat is somewhat what Jesse does because he doesn't want her to get hurt but he still looks past the whole mediator thing so he can meet the real Suze.

I also think that it was really cool how you ended the series. Since it was a great series I wanted there to be more books but you ended it at a good place and I don't want there to be anymore trouble in that girl's life! She has been through a lot.

I also saw there might be a possible movie coming out. Is that true? If so, AWESOME!!!! I can't wait to go see it. I loved how Disney made the other movies. They didn't entirely stay true to the books but some things you have to change so the movie isn't like 4 hours long.

I am really sorry for taking up so much of your time. I can't wait to see the movie/read the epilogue! And one more thing. Is Suze ever gonna tell anybody about her whole life experience? Like I think she told CeeCee in the last book that she would tell her the story later about Jesse. I was wondering if that was going to happen in the epilogue and then CeeCee tells everybody and Suze gets more trouble.

Thanks so much!!!!
--Bookdancer10

#122 bookdancer10

bookdancer10

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 09:11 AM

Oh my gosh! That would be amazing!!! A TV show all about the mediator? Thanks so much and I would be greatly interested.

#123 SimonSaysVoteForSuze

SimonSaysVoteForSuze

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 02:47 PM

Hey Meg! I am such a big fan of your books, I think I've read all of them! :D My favourite is the Mediator, and I have a quick question about it.

I always liked the character of Paul. Even though he was manipulative and sometimes selfish he was a funny and sweet guy and I think that him and Suze would have made a fantastic couple. Do you think that if Jesse hadn't died and Suze hadn't met him, that they would have eventually ended up together? (I know that Suze was a little scared of him, but she did like him towards the end)
and also do you write the endings of your books based on your feelings? for example in How to Be Popular did you want Steph to end up with Jason instead of Mark? or in the Mediator - Jesse with Suze instead of Paul? Just curious :) thanks in advance and I can't wait to read the next Abandon book and the Mediator epilogue! :D[/font][/font]

#124 MegCabotBRFan

MegCabotBRFan

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 06:25 AM

Hey!

I'm new here. I have just re-read the mediator series and I must say that I'm quite sad for Paul as he reluctantly ended up with Kelly Prescott it's his fault but he's not so bad. Suze is so lucky because Jesse is a mediator too!
It would be so cool if he met another mediator or Gina who understands!!

My question to Meg: Is Paul going to be in the epiloge? (PLEASE SAY
YES)

And I'd like to tell you you are the most awesome author please never stop writing EVER! I love all your series! :icon_study: :D :D :D :D xxx

#125 DianaSF

DianaSF

Meg Cabot Fan

• Moderators
  • 742 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 02:50 PM

Meg has said many times that she is content where she left the gang after book six. As unfortunate as it is, there won't be a seventh book.

Meg actually confirmed a short while ago that she has plans for a seventh book.

#126 MegCabot

MegCabot

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Root Admin
  • 3,002 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 06:36 PM

Hey!

I'm new here. I have just re-read the mediator series and I must say that I'm quite sad for Paul as he reluctantly ended up with Kelly Prescott it's his fault but he's not so bad. Suze is so lucky because Jesse is a mediator too!
It would be so cool if he met another mediator or Gina who understands!!

My question to Meg: Is Paul going to be in the epiloge? (PLEASE SAY
YES)

And I'd like to tell you you are the most awesome author please never stop writing EVER! I love all your series! :icon_study: :D :D :D :D xxx

Thanks! Yes, at this time Paul is scheduled to be in the 7th Mediator book and very much up to his old tricks.

#127 suze.angelova

suze.angelova

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 12:05 PM

Hi Meg,

I was just wondering when the 7th Mediator book is scheduled to come out, or if you could give us an approximate date to expect it. I've been hoping for a sequel for a very long time so I'm just really excited about it :)

#128 sierra rose

sierra rose

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,600 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:12 AM

Hi meg ,
I'm new here . I know many have asked you about the 7th mediator book and I'm here to say you that u've got an other one waiting . Actually a million waiting ! (my friends luv u'r books tooooo !) it will be awesssome if u could tell us when the 7th book is coming out . U'r really awessome and u'r books totally rock !

Luv
Sierra

#129 MegCabot

MegCabot

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Root Admin
  • 3,002 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:23 PM

Hi meg ,
I'm new here . I know many have asked you about the 7th mediator book and I'm here to say you that u've got an other one waiting . Actually a million waiting ! (my friends luv u'r books tooooo !) it will be awesssome if u could tell us when the 7th book is coming out . U'r really awessome and u'r books totally rock !

Luv
Sierra

Thanks, Sierra! It will be a while because I still have to write it, then sell it to someone, and then they have to print it and everything. But I promise to keep you all informed!

Meg

#130 Mediator99

Mediator99

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 01:35 PM

I just recently got into you books and you are my all time favorite author! I want to know if there is still going to be a mediator movie or even the seventh book??? I love this series and would love to see more of it!

Edited by Mediator99, 04 May 2013 - 01:36 PM.

#131 Beautifully Intended

Beautifully Intended

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 10,131 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 11:14 AM

Check Meg's blog for updates on any TV/movie options and new books. She mentions Mediator stuff here- http://www.megcabot....good-new-reads/ It has been optioned and she is currently working on a 7th book.

#132 @t80

@t80

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 01:43 PM

does the short story ends with this....... And then his strong arms were encircling my waist, his breath soft against my cheek as he gently whispered my name: "Susannah. Susannah...." as it's last line???

#133 MegCabot

MegCabot

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Root Admin
  • 3,002 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 04:00 PM

does the short story ends with this....... And then his strong arms were encircling my waist, his breath soft against my cheek as he gently whispered my name: "Susannah. Susannah...." as it's last line???

Yes, the short story does end with that line.

#134 pgarc_95

pgarc_95

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 01:48 AM

Please please write some books in jesses point of view. I like Suze but I'm sure a lot of us would agree that we'd love to get into jesses mind. I would love to know his thoughts on his transition from ghost to human. That's not something Suze could tell us and it seems fair that now Jesse should get his time to shine. His outlook on everything would be so different of an experience than reading from Suze.

#135 bookaholic19

bookaholic19

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 06:21 AM

Hiii Meg, how are you???????? okay i might have mentioned this many times im just waiting for your opinion...i love the Mediator...my cousin had the first book and she recommended it and lent it to me....i loved it..but ofcourse i didnt read it in order... anyway im glad they have thought about a tv series...i was wondering if you had a specific actor or actress to play any of the characters?? when you wrote the book did you have a specific person on how Suze looked or Jesse?? also did you base How suze looks on your own or was it like Mia...i mean shes a blonde right??and you are a brunette hehehhehe lol but u guys have the same hairdo and personally i love the hairdo....its my current one and it keeps reminding me of Mia as if i am her...looooooooool...ok..do reply sooon...hugsss oh and by the way have you ever visited Sri Lanka or thought about it...there are fans of yours who live here including myself hehheheh

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users