33 replies to this topic

#1 admin_ann

admin_ann

Meg Cabot Reader

• Administrators
  • 245 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 04:13 PM

Hi Everyone,

I'm going to get this thread started because I just finished rereading Safe House and Sanctuary, and I can't wait to talk about these books.

Book Three: Safe House begins with the death of a cheerleader, Amber. She is found in a quarry outside of town. It's pretty gruesome. And sad too because Amber was actually a really cool person who cared a lot about disadvantaged children, etc. (Not that being a cheerleader automatically means one would NOT care about disadvantaged children or anything.)

Who killed her? Was it her football hero boyfriend and local hottie, Mark? Was it a jealous rival on the cheerleading squad? Or the Principal, Mr. Goodhart? (Ha. I actually thought it was Mr. Goodhart the first time I read it because it seemed like it wouldn't be him so I had to think it might be him. Also, his name is "Goodhart" so I was thinking it would be funny if he was a murderer.)

After his GF's death, quarterback Mark seems get a little too attached to Jessica. He even takes her out to eat at her family's restaurant (tacky!) and they sit at the make-out table. Which means that Rob, Jessica's True Grit love (did you catch that sly movie reference?), will find out about it because his mom works at the restaurant.

…A lot more happens with Claire Lippman and Jessica's brothers and there's a new FBI guy, Krantz, creeping around. I don't want to say much more though because I want to talk about my favorite book so far in this series, Book Four: Sanctuary.

I can't wait to see what you all thought of it. I LOVE that Meg is really taking on some difficult and complex themes like racism and anti-Semitism and sexism. All in one book!

The book starts out at a happy Thanksgiving table. Then it quickly turns dark when Dr. Thompkins, an African American and the Mastriani's neighbor, comes over to ask Jess and her parents if they have seen his son, Nate. When I read that I got a real lump in my throat because I just knew this wasn't going to go well. Later, Nate is found murdered with some strange design burned into his chest. OMG it was so sad! I think this is one of the most tragic deaths in any MC book.

So what happens next? Rob has to help Jess infiltrate a local militia run by an evil bunch of white supremacists. On snowmobiles! I know! And in the process, Jess has to confront the class difference that divides her from Rob. (Will Rob, who has to pretend to be one of militiamen, fit in a little too well with them?) Jess also has to finally deal with the Krantz, the FBI guy, who keeps hounding her come and work for them. What will she do?

It's all very intense. I couldn't stop turning the pages.

What do you think?

#2 starberry

starberry

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,205 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 05:08 PM

Sanctuary just might be my favorite book out of the series, but I guess since Safehouse came first might as well talk about that.

Safehouse: Wow, I mean wow. There were so many twists there. And I honestly, never thought about the Goodheart thing, but now that you mention it yeah....Other things I liked about Safehouse I thought it was hilarious how Jess got a whole new wardrobe so that it would implement change (in her punching people at school thing) yet it didn't work but it did catch Rob's attention. And speaking of Rob the scenes with the watch probably some of the best in the book. Also, something that caught my eye was Todd Mintz. I thought it was weird how he popped up like that in Safehouse and then really disappeared in the rest of the series. I was so sure at one point in the book that he was the one who killed Amber and then I thought he was involved with Mark and his accomplices but nope he was a good guy which was nice to see with all these killer football players. A part of me wondered, the first time I read the book, if Todd would be a future suitor for Jess (though nobody beats Rob). Also, this was really our first introduction to Skip and his crush on Jess. Skip, give it up dude. She's just not that in to you. Though I found the scenes between him and Jess to be hilarious. Also, I loved how Mike came home at the end for Claire
Spoiler
I thought that was really romantic and stupid. The sad thing about this book was it was the really the end for Agents Smith and Johnson who I thought were hilarious and I kind of preferred them to Krantz in a way (though I liked him too). I really was hoping though Smith and Johnson were somehow going to get together even though he's married and so boring, lol. And Karen Sue Hankey, I wish I could've punched you in the nose like Jess did in this book what you said about Doug was so, so wrong. Which by the way, I kept hoping to find out those chair tests results that they kept talking about here. Though that question never got resolved :(

Sanctuary: Probably my favorite of the series. I read it every year around Thanksgiving time. I really like how action driven this one was, yet at the same time it had such a serious note to it. I loved how Jess kicked True American butt and I liked Chigger. I was so glad she got to keep him. Throughout this book I kept thinking why hasn't this thing been made into a movie I would totally watch it. I felt so sorry for the Thompkins. To lose a kid like that....sigh. I think it really put a serious tone to the book. I also liked the developments of the Jess/Rob relationship throughout the book. You could totally tell Jess's mom was going to have a meltdown when she realized that Jess and Rob together were together at the end which was one the reasons i was so glad when I heard there was a fifth book to wrap up the series. And Aunt Rose, ah I forgot to mention you in book three, but you were in all your glory her especially at that dinner. So inappropriate, yet so much comic relief to what otherwise is a pretty serious book.

Meg if you wouldn't mind here are some lingering questions I have about these books.

Safe House
1) Was Todd Mintz role supposed to be expanded somehow? I kept thinking throughout the book there had to be more to that guy and thought we'd see him in future books, but turns out he was just really a nice football player.

2) Is Aunt Rose based off of anyone you know (she reminds me of my grandmother, fyi)?

3)What were the result of those chair tests that they kept talking about in the book?

4) Did Karen Sue prevail in her lawsuit against Jess?

Sanctuary
1) This book is probably my favorite out of the series because you effortlessly weaved in light themes with more serious subject matter. What made you interested in exploring this subject matter and was the book particularly difficult to write because of this?

2) Jess seemed to given in relatively easy to Krantz while she was way more weary to Smith and Johnson any reason why?

3) The Santa scene at the mall was hilarious was that based off of something that actually happened to you?

4)Jim Henderson and the rest of the True Americans are just despicable. Despicable might even be too good of a word for them, hated them that much. Did you have to do a lot of research of extremists groups for this book? And are the True Americans based off of any particular group?

M :)

#3 DianaSF

DianaSF

Meg Cabot Fan

• Moderators
  • 742 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 09:59 PM

This is my first time reading this series, and I'm really loving these books. Safe House and Sanctuary were both page-turners for me. So much action and such great storytelling!

The mystery storyline in Safe House reminded me of the Heather Wells books (another series that I adore). I, too, thought Todd Mintz was the killer. I didn't initially suspect Mark because I thought it would be too obvious. However, as the story went on and Todd didn't make too many appearances, I thought maybe he and other people were involved in Amber's murder. I didn't suspect Mark until late in the story, though his "failure is unacceptable" comments were pretty creepy.

Jess's observations of the cheerleaders at her school made me laugh out loud. This is from the beginning of chapter 2: "Who would strangle a cheerleader, and dump her body at the bottom of a limestone quarry? I can certainly understand wanting to strangle a cheerleader. Our school harbors some of the meanest cheerleaders in North America. Seriously. It's like you have to pass a test proving you have no human compassion whatsoever just to get on the squad."

Great-aunt Rose was quite the character. I couldn't believe some of the things that came out of her mouth, especially her thoughts on race. I agree with Jess that if being unpleasant was a crime, Great-aunt Rose would've been locked up a long time ago.

Jess and Rob were so cute together. I thought it was funny that Rob thought it was so weird that Jess coveted his watch so much and that Jess regarded it as precious as an ID bracelet. I have to admit that I'm a sucker for stories about girls falling for boys from the wrong side of the tracks. :)

Sanctuary was intense, but I thoroughly enjoyed reading it. While I usually prefer reading books about happy topics, sometimes I think it's good to read about more serious subjects. It's good to mix it up sometimes.

The True Americans. Wow, what can I say about them? I thought they were closed-minded people who got some of their historical facts totally wrong. To think that white Christians were the "true" Americans when Native Americans have been here for so many years boggled my mind. It's especially disturbing to know that some people really do indeed subscribe to the same beliefs that the True Americans espouse.

I looked up the term "don't tread on me" on Wikipedia and came across this info:

http://en.wikipedia....ki/Gadsden_flag

It was nice to see Jess's brother Douglas experiencing some happiness in these last two books (finding a job and dating Tasha). I really like Jess and Douglas's relationship and how protective she is of him, but at the same time, she knows when to give him space and when to push him.

Meg, I have some questions for you.

1. I don't usually condone violence, but I admit that I cheered when Jess punched Karen Sue Hankey in the nose in book 3. Was Karen Sue based on someone that you knew in high school who behaved similarly?

2. Sanctuary dealt with some pretty heavy subjects. You've mentioned in the past a little about the racism that your own family encountered with regards to your youngest brother. Did you draw on some of these experiences in writing this particular book? By the way, I love the story about how your dad dealt with a racist in the library. This diary entry of yours from 2005 tells this story and talks about the 1-800 books.

http://www.megcabot....02759336918570/

3a. How many books were originally planned for this series? I'm currently reading book 5, Missing You, and am enjoying it very much. If I remember correctly, you didn't plan to end on book 4 and as the dedication in book 5 indicates, Missing You was written for all the fans who asked for it.

3b. What were some other storylines that you had planned for Jess if the series had continued?

#4 starberry

starberry

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,205 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 12:55 PM

Diana,
I felt the same thing about Todd at first then I thought maybe Meg was throwing him in there as a potential love interest for Jess/ obstacle with her relationship with Rob who I just adore had she been able to continue the series she planned. I mean, at the end of Safe House I thought there was more to Jess and Todd than Jess to Skip-though neither one of them could ever compare to Rob. That being said, I'm glad Todd turned out to be nice in the end and not one of Mark's cronies. Sort of glad that not all of the Ernie Pyle football team ended up in jail.

I laughed as well about the cheerleader remark too. Though glad to see Amber was a nice if bit dumb cheerleader. there are so many depictions of evil cheerleaders and though I've dealt with a few of them who hadn't been that nice, I was glad to see that Amber had been a nice person (to bad Mark had to kill her just because she got pregnant).

by the way, anyone else creeped out with the house they that they found Heather at? God knows I was. I kept wondering why the city didn't condemn the place and for that matter why people actually wanted to go there to party. I mean, ew.

I noticed also that Jess's relationship with her Mom really starts to strain more in book three, hints of things to come I guesss.

#5 DianaSF

DianaSF

Meg Cabot Fan

• Moderators
  • 742 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 09:56 PM

That house was super creepy and skeevy. I agree with Jess that satin sheets aren't a requirement for intimacy, but I'll be darned if a guy tried to wine and dine me in that gross house. Yuck!

#6 JSandATfan

JSandATfan

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 150 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 01:32 AM

I hadn't read either of these books before, so I bought the re-issue of Vanished last weekend at my local Walden's Books, and just finished reading Safe House earlier today! I really liked the storyline in this one. I liked the scenes about Rob's watch too (lol), and thought the part about the "Make-Out Table" and how the chef put the pizza's pepperonis in the shape of a heart were funny. The house was described really well (I could really feel/see how gross it was!) and as they were looking for Heather and the stuff after that, I was on the edge of my seat wondering if someone was going to return to the house and find them while they were still there (scary!).
A couple of questions for Meg: 1) Why did you decide to rename the series to "Vanished" for the re-issues?
2) Have you riden on or driven a motorcycle before, maybe as research for this book? I never have, but I thought the scene where Jess had to ride the bike through the woods by herself seemed very realistic! Thanks! :)

#7 admin_ann

admin_ann

Meg Cabot Reader

• Administrators
  • 245 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 09:58 AM

That house was super creepy and skeevy. I agree with Jess that satin sheets aren't a requirement for intimacy, but I'll be darned if a guy tried to wine and dine me in that gross house. Yuck!

This house reminded me of some places I knew about as a kid, places where kids go and hang out away from parents where all kinds of crazy stuff can go on. It all seems very possible!

My fav part about this scene in the book was how Rob knew, since the beer bottles were imports, that the kids hanging out there must be Townies. So smart!

#8 starberry

starberry

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,205 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 10:31 AM

This house reminded me of some places I knew about as a kid, places where kids go and hang out away from parents where all kinds of crazy stuff can go on. It all seems very possible!

My fav part about this scene in the book was how Rob knew, since the beer bottles were imports, that the kids hanging out there must be Townies. So smart!

I was thinking about it and that house sort of reminded me of that one used in that old John Candy movie Uncle Buck. You know where Buck's niece goes to that party with that creepy guy Bug. And I loved that line about the imported beer, Rob could so be a detective (lol) perhaps Cyrus Krantz should try to recruit him.

Still though, I think my favorite part of Safe House involved the Watch. I loved that scene when Rob just popped into the cafeteria and was like why are you wearing my watch after asking Jess why she was so dressed up. God, I love those two.

#9 DianaSF

DianaSF

Meg Cabot Fan

• Moderators
  • 742 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 10:38 AM

Sizzling chemistry, those two! When Rob asked Jess, "Don't you want a more ladylike watch?", I thought, "Oh, silly Rob!" :P

#10 DianaSF

DianaSF

Meg Cabot Fan

• Moderators
  • 742 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 10:37 PM

If you want to hear a snippet of a song about Rob called "Cool Rider" by Switchblade Kittens, the link is below. I think it's a really cute song. It's from the album Rebel Princess, and every song is about one of Meg's books.

http://www.amazon.co...r/dp/B001TZX1RE

Rebel Princess album: http://www.switchbla...rincess-cd.html

#11 admin_ann

admin_ann

Meg Cabot Reader

• Administrators
  • 245 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 03:51 PM

If you want to hear a snippet of a song about Rob called "Cool Rider" by Switchblade Kittens, the link is below. I think it's a really cute song. It's from the album Rebel Princess, and every song is about one of Meg's books.

Wow. I hadn't heard that before. Love it!

#12 JSandATfan

JSandATfan

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 150 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 10:41 PM

I haven't heard any of their songs before, this song definitely says Rob! :020: Is this the same song that was in Grease 2...?

#13 DianaSF

DianaSF

Meg Cabot Fan

• Moderators
  • 742 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 02:08 AM

I haven't heard any of their songs before, this song definitely says Rob! :020: Is this the same song that was in Grease 2...?

No, it's an original song by Switchblade Kittens.

#14 JSandATfan

JSandATfan

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 150 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 07:22 PM

I finished Sanctuary! Another great story, I liked the Thanksgiving holiday theme, and also how the book dealt with the serious issues of racism, etc. (Although the death of Nate was so sad, and all of the things The True Americans did made me feel sad and angry at the same time). A white supremacist group called The World Church of the Creator held a rally in my city a few years ago, so reading about The True Americans immediately made me think of that "event."

On the lighter side, I liked the Grit test of "pen vs. pin" lol. In my area, some people say "sit" and others say "set." I also thought it was sweet how Douglas shoveled Tasha's driveway for the family! Living in a snowy climate myself, I can appreciate this small gesture on his part (and also wish a guy would shovel MY driveway after the next storm! hehe).

#15 DianaSF

DianaSF

Meg Cabot Fan

• Moderators
  • 742 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 08:57 PM

JSandATfan, I have a friend who lives in Maine, and I wonder if that was the same event that she attended to protest the presence of that group. I'll have to ask her.

#16 JSandATfan

JSandATfan

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 150 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 10:00 PM

JSandATfan, I have a friend who lives in Maine, and I wonder if that was the same event that she attended to protest the presence of that group. I'll have to ask her.

It could be, ask her and let me know! =) I didn't go to any of the anti-rallies, but I think the rally was held on a school day so I had class anyway. It still shocks me that there are enough people out there who believe those things to actually form giant national groups about it.

#17 DianaSF

DianaSF

Meg Cabot Fan

• Moderators
  • 742 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 10:08 PM

It could be, ask her and let me know! =) I didn't go to any of the anti-rallies, but I think the rally was held on a school day so I had class anyway. It still shocks me that there are enough people out there who believe those things to actually form giant national groups about it.

I just e-mailed my friend and she said she had attended the anti-rally in 2002. The hate group was protesting Somali refugees settling in a certain Maine city. She said the haters were seriously outnumbered by her side. Is that the rally that you're talking about?

#18 JSandATfan

JSandATfan

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 150 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 11:58 PM

I just e-mailed my friend and she said she had attended the anti-rally in 2002. The hate group was protesting Somali refugees settling in a certain Maine city. She said the haters were seriously outnumbered by her side. Is that the rally that you're talking about?

Yup, that's the same one! I couldn't remember the exact year, but I was thinking 2003-ish.

#19 starberry

starberry

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,205 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 12:47 PM

The sad thing is that these types of demonstrations take place everywhere. I remember when my town was building a new community center the KKK protested against it (rolls eyes). And that's why I think Sanctuary is such an important book. You initially read it and are like-wow, glad this doesn't take place where I live. But the sad thing is things like this do happen everywhere. And as you read it you sort of realize it, especially since the town Jess lives in is a town that I find to be very relatable to most towns in the good old USA.

On a lighter note, thanks for the link to the Switchblade Kitty CD. I thought it was just Princess Diaries songs so I was pleasantly surprise to see that they based songs off of Meg's other books as well.

#20 JSandATfan

JSandATfan

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 150 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 01:27 AM

Is the 5th book in this series going to be released in a re-issue? I wish it had been included in the Vanished 2 book!

#21 DianaSF

DianaSF

Meg Cabot Fan

• Moderators
  • 742 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 07:17 PM

Is the 5th book in this series going to be released in a re-issue? I wish it had been included in the Vanished 2 book!

I haven't heard anything about the fifth book being reissued, but it's still available for purchase online (and at bookstores, I'm assuming). Have you checked your local library? I finished reading it recently, and it's sooo good. I highly recommend it. It's the perfect conclusion to this wonderful series.

#22 DianaSF

DianaSF

Meg Cabot Fan

• Moderators
  • 742 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 08:57 PM

I've been listening to a lot of Adele lately. I'm currently listening to "Make You Feel My Love," her cover of a Bob Dylan song. It made me think of Jess and Rob, especially since I recently finished the last book in the series. Anyway, this song is from Adele's debut album. She recently released a new album. Both albums are great!

#23 JSandATfan

JSandATfan

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 150 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 09:42 PM

I haven't heard anything about the fifth book being reissued, but it's still available for purchase online (and at bookstores, I'm assuming). Have you checked your local library? I finished reading it recently, and it's sooo good. I highly recommend it. It's the perfect conclusion to this wonderful series.

My local bookstore only has Vanished 1 and 2, so I'll have to check if my local library can order it for me. After reading the first 4 books, I'd hate to never read the last book to see how everything ends with Jess and Rob!

#24 lakewallywhat87

lakewallywhat87

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 11:43 PM

Yay!! We get to talk about Safe House this month! This is my favorite book in the series. I love when Rob drives up to the school on his motorcycle to check on Jess and discovers 1) her knew wardrobe and 2) she is still wearing his watch, and then kisses her in front of everyone. I know he just kissed her on the forehead, but I felt just as giddy as Jess did when I read it. Finally, FINALLY we know for sure how Rob feels about Jess and he shows it to the world (well, the entire student body, but you get the point). I re-read this scene a lot especially when I'm in the mood for a little romantic spontaneity, something real world boys tend to be lacking in.

Another thing I love about this whole series, but is developed further in Safe House is the relationship between Jess and her father. First he stands up for her after the Karen Sue Hanky incident, and then he stands up for Rob when Jess' mom thinks he's bad news. My father is my best friend so I loved reading about how Jess' dad understands her better than anyone else. Meg, what was your inspiration for their relationship?

#25 DianaSF

DianaSF

Meg Cabot Fan

• Moderators
  • 742 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 07:53 PM

I love that as much as Rob tells himself that Jess is too young and that he should stay away from her until she turns eighteen, he just can't resist her. His stopping by the school and displaying jealousy over her new wardrobe was hilarious. Their kiss on school grounds was pretty awesome. It wasn't too much PDA to be gross, but enough for Rob to send the message, "Hey, she's MY woman." ;)

lakewallywhat87, I also enjoyed reading about Jess and her father's relationship. It's great that Jess has at least one parent who is rational and understanding when it comes to certain things. In this case, Rob Wilkins. Jess's mom is a bit of a snob. I wonder if Great-aunt Rose is a relative on Jess's dad's or mom's side. I'm thinking the mom's.

#26 lakewallywhat87

lakewallywhat87

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 12:06 AM

@DianaSF

Exactly! And I love how Rob gives her the watch at the end. He definitely wants to send a message to all the other guys that Jess is taken. I was thinking the same thing about Aunt Rose. There is no way she is Mr. Mastriani's aunt. And how Jess' Mom makes her wear those clothes. Ugh! I mean, in that instance she means well, but I HATE when my Mom picks out clothes for me. Sometime I want to be like 'Hey Mom, observe my closet, why would you pick out a tweed skirt with matching cardigan? NOTHING I own would indicate I like wearing that.' Haha. But thats my favorite part of Meg's books, how she puts real life stuff in them. You almost forget that its impossible to have psychic powers, and more like your best friend let her read her diary.

#27 JSandATfan

JSandATfan

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 150 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 07:59 PM

A couple of other bits in Safe House that I thought were cute were when Rob came over in the middle of the night when he heard Jess was back in town and threw pebbles at her window (I love this type of scene whenever a guy does this in a book/tv show/movie <3), and the part where Jess's parents were going to grill her about something, and Douglas faked an episode to distract them. I thought that was so sweet, and made me think "Awww, I wish I had a big brother who would have my back like that!"

#28 DianaSF

DianaSF

Meg Cabot Fan

• Moderators
  • 742 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 08:44 PM

JSandATfan, there's more pebble-throwing in book 5!

#29 JSandATfan

JSandATfan

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 150 posts

Posted 17 March 2011 - 12:40 AM

JSandATfan, there's more pebble-throwing in book 5!

Oooo yay! I started Book 5 yesterday! :icon_study:

#30 AwesomeNiks

AwesomeNiks

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 455 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 12:21 AM

I absolutely love this series! Aside from Princess Diaries, it was the first series I've read!

I really love how Meg touched on racism and supremists. She really deleved into topics that should be discussed but many individuals are leery of how to address these topics.

I think she did a wonderful job of incorporating them into a fun, yet serious series.

Meg never seems to disappoint!

Also, Meg, I have a question for you.

Do YOU consider yourself a "grit" or a "townie" and why?

#31 JSandATfan

JSandATfan

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 150 posts

Posted 20 March 2011 - 06:18 PM

I saw a video on-line this week about two teens who were struck by lightning in real life! (and it made me think of this book series lol). Such a scary thing to think that can happen in real life! The story and video clip are here: http://www.cbsnews.c...toriesHeadlines

#32 Cloudfairy

Cloudfairy

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 08:20 PM

Safe House:

Gonna be honest I NEVER EVER suspected the murderer I mean it never occurred to me it would be them and I also never thought about the Goodhart thing either only because it couldn't be him 'cause really Amber never had done anything to him so it wouldn't make sense (unless of course it was him then Meg would obviously reveal why he did it) but that's a good suggestion. I think Meg did a good job on this because there were a lot of people that it could have been so it kept me guessing and addicted to the book.Just gonna point out that I couldn't read the part where they find Heather in that house because it totally freaked me out (i know lame but what evs) but over all I liked the book especially the ending where everything is explained and right after that where she cut Dr.Krantz off and rode off with Rob <33

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sanctuary:

Probably my favorite book out of all of them. When Mrs.Lippman mentioned if she wondered if the graphite on the over pass was a gang tag and then Nate showed up dead with that sign on his chest I totally thought it was a gang and then the synagogue.Then skipping to the part where Red Plaid comes out to find rob and Jess I was like NO WHY DIDN'T YOU MOVE?? But then I realized the plan and was like ok part of plan then when Rob was knocked over the head with the mashed-Potatoes bowl I was like OH NO SHE DIDN'T!!! SHOOT HER JESS, SHOOT HER!! then when Jess and Seth were locked in the room I was like "Chick please coooooome!!!" then when the door opened and Mr.Henderson was there I was please don't be the end! please don't be the end!" I really loved this book also at the end with Rob and Jess (ohmigod i know I love Rob and Jess) are in the hospital room alone :heartbeat: anyway yeah loved this book so much,so much could have gone wrong but of course everything turned out right! I couldn't stop reading for the whole day :) I love this series sosososososososo much ... is there a 5th book??

#33 Jcrazy

Jcrazy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 10:20 PM

^^ There is a fifth book! Called Missing You. It's probably my favorite:)

#34 Vanished101

Vanished101

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 10:20 AM

I finished Sanctuary! Another great story, I liked the Thanksgiving holiday theme, and also how the book dealt with the serious issues of racism, etc. (Although the death of Nate was so sad, and all of the things The True Americans did made me feel sad and angry at the same time). A white supremacist group called The World Church of the Creator held a rally in my city a few years ago, so reading about The True Americans immediately made me think of that "event."

On the lighter side, I liked the Grit test of "pen vs. pin" lol. In my area, some people say "sit" and others say "set." I also thought it was sweet how Douglas shoveled Tasha's driveway for the family! Living in a snowy climate myself, I can appreciate this small gesture on his part (and also wish a guy would shovel MY driveway after the next storm! hehe).

I just finished and enjoyed Missing You. :heartbeat: I never would have thought that Rob had a sister. I couldn't stop reading it! :icon_study: Amazing ending though, I wish there were more books in the series. :icon_mecry2: But I would have to say that it was my favorite book in the series.

Edited by Vanished101, 24 July 2014 - 10:23 AM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users