• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 24moon100

24moon100

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 5,131 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 08:26 PM

Hey everyone. :) So this topic is going to be all about your ideal dream life. Doesn't matter how big or how humble the dream is. Talk about it here. 

Some things you could talk about: 

-Dream guy

-Dream car

-Dream house

-Dream location

-Dream job 

-Dream wedding

-Dream college

-Dream vacation(s)

-Dream look

-Dream family

-Dream kids

-Dream friends

-Dream pets

-Dream experiences 

-Dream stuff 

The list could go on. :D

You can also post pictures if you want. Or you can just talk about it. It's up to you. 

Enjoy. 

Edited by 24moon100, 12 July 2013 - 08:28 PM.

#2 Jcrazy

Jcrazy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 11:07 PM

My whole dream in life is to magically become absolutely rich off writing a book, travel the world, be able to take care of my family and friends, and meet some really amazing guy who appreciates my weirdness.

But like isn't that everyone's dream? lol.

#3 Meg_Rulz

Meg_Rulz

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 608 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 02:35 AM

My whole dream in life is to magically become absolutely rich off writing a book, travel the world, be able to take care of my family and friends, and meet some really amazing guy who appreciates my weirdness.

But like isn't that everyone's dream? lol.

Same... except that I want to be a popstar/ actress. Beware: My idea of my dream life change every week. lol

#4 BonkersBookworm78

BonkersBookworm78

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 07:33 AM

I dream of becoming a published author, living in a cottage in either Hampstead, Marazion or St Ives. Reading and writing all day.

Millie May

#5 Pretty.Odd.

Pretty.Odd.

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,567 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 11:12 PM

Ideally I'd like to be a full-time writer. Just write novels. Have people read them. I have this thing where I really want to do interviews because, dude, I just like talking about myself a lot. (Like you haven't noticed. :P) I get bored and I think about doing interviews as a writer, having people genuinely interested in what I'm writing or about me. I don't necessarily want to be "famous" or anything, but I do want people to care about me. I want to make a contribution to society. I want to mean something to the people around me. Like van Gogh, except I'm not nearly as talented and I'm much more sane.

So, yeah, writing is what I'd LIKE to do. Not likely or anything. I'm sure it'll just be a part-time thing in the end, buuuut...it would be cool. Really, really cool.

My big dream is to have my book turned into a movie--or, even better, a mini series (I like TV a whole more than I like movies). That would be so cool. Everyone knows how I love TV, especially cult TV, so having something like that done to my work... Wow. Dream come true.

Otherwise, freelance illustration. I know, I know. I'm not good at art. The thing is, I've been entirely self-taught. I haven't had any real instruction, especially in the realm of digital art (which is what I'm really interested in). I'm going to FINALLY get some art instruction in high school, which I'm really looking forward to considering it's my big dream to do art for a living.

I love love love digital art. I think it's incredible. I would spend all my time messing around in Photoshop if I had it my way, lol.

I follow this one artist online, and she's sort of become an idol of mine. She's a freelance illustrator and is absolutely AMAZING. If you don't know her, look up Alice X. Zhang (or just alicexz). I found her through her Supernatural fanart and continue to be blown away by everything she does. She's sort of the reason I started taking digital art seriously. I'd just kind of doodled with my tablet for a couple months until I found her work. I saw it and thought, "That's what I want to do. I want to be able to draw like that."

And so my dreams of being a freelance illustrator were born. So dramatic. I know.

I want to go to art school (look, I know there are a lot of downsides to stupid art school, but I just want to say I WENT TO ART SCHOOL because that's just sort of awesome to me). I don't know where--I haven't thought ahead that far; chances are, I'll find something else I want to do in the next couple years and possibly will ditch the art thing altogether, so I'm keeping my options open--but I know I want to. I hate most stuff. Literally HATE. So art is kind of cool to me, because I don't hate it. That's why I think I could do that for a career.

The freelance illustrating thing may not work out, but even just working in graphic design is fine with me. I just really, really love art. I've realized it more and more in the past couple months. I may not be great at it yet, but I love it and think that one day, maybe I will be good at it.

On the topic: comic book illustration. How cool would that be? I could do writing and art at the same time. Yes, most of that stuff is collaborative, but that doesn't mean I couldn't do both the writing and the illustrating. Becky Cloonan is a female comic book artist I look up to. She does the Killjoys comic and is the first woman to draw Batman in the main series. That's pretty awesome.

At the end of the day, it comes down to this: I just really have people appreciate my work like that. Whether it's writing or art, I want people to appreciate it. I want to mean something to someone the way the one artist I was talking about means something to me, or the way Stephen King or Meg Cabot or John Green means to me.

On a side note, another dream is acting on a cult TV show. That sounds like such a blast...

So anyway. I want to live in Seattle. I visited the city on a road trip a few years ago and fell in love. The northwest is, like, my favorite part of the county. That and the southwest. I want to live in an apartment in Seattle and write or draw. It's a brilliant city.

Also: I'd like to go live in cities all around the world, immerse myself in culture, see what's all out there. I want to meet all kinds of people and experience everything I can. Really soak it in. I really want to travel. Traveling is one of my favorite things.

As far as guys go... Lol. I can never see myself getting married. I know I'm young or whatever, but I feel like I'm not the kind of person who will find someone.

Sure. There's a kind of guy I like. I'm not necessarily into the super attractive masculine type of guy, but more of the intelligent slightly-geeky kind of guy. Creative-type, preferably. Doesn't have to be super attractive or anything (although that would be wonderful). But smart. Must. Be. Smart.

Personality wins at the end of the day. I'm easily irritated at most people because of how they act. It's just aggravating. I get angry at people and live as a major skeptic, so it takes a pretty strong personality to convince me that I don't hate you. (As I said earlier, I hate a lot of things.) I like independent people who can think for themselves and have a unique outlook and perspective. If you're sarcastic and witty and dry and mocking and snarky--well, we just so happen to have quite a lot in common. Gotta have a sense of humor. Gotta be intelligent. Gotta be able to put up with me and let me do what I want. Let's also put into consideration political and religious views here. I'd find it hard to be with someone who's got much different political views as me. Even more so in the religious area. I've been brought up as a strong Christian, so that kind of thing's important to me.

Also has to like alternative music. :P Preferably also nerdy TV shows.

xoxoArtemis

#6 DayDreamer95

DayDreamer95

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,331 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 05:57 PM

My dream job is to be a glamorous movie star. Like Audrey Hepburn, Liz Taylor, or even Marion Monroe. I want to be able to do all different kinds of films and tv shows. Another fantasy of mine is to model. I always thought I always would be good at it.

My dream house would be custom. Red brick with white borders and moldings. A large green lawn. A fancy dining room and a casual dining room. A large kitchen with a huge living space.

Dream guy? Ever seen Gene Simmons Family Jewels with his son? Well someone like him :)4

#7 Bushra_Siddiqui

Bushra_Siddiqui

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 04:25 AM

I want to become a journalist, as well as become a published author. I want my novels to have movie adaptations too. I love traveling, I want to live in a huge mansion, and own twenty cars. I will make this huge separate room for writing, and books will cover the shelves. It'll be my own private room, so no one can disturb me because I like writing alone. As for dream guy....well, I don't know if I'll ever get married but still, my dream guy should be smart and creative. Should be attractive, and honest, with a good sense of humor.

#8 sierra rose

sierra rose

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,600 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 05:21 AM

Dream, let's see..
I don't have any big dreams.just small ones.
I haven't decided what I want to be.yet.(I like botany,so I might go into something related with plants!)

I just wanna grow up,graduate with good grades,go to college,find best friends,fall in love,get married and live happily ever after!
These are main things I need in my life. I wanna live my life and die happy!
These things would never change in my life I'd always want 'em.
There are other things that constantly keeps changing.Will tell about them later.

And my dream Marriage? Well,that's something what one calls "A BIG DREAM"
I want to get married in different countries of the world. I want to get married again and again(with the same person,of course!.lol.) in different ways. Different traditions and culture.I want to get married in....
New Zealand,Japan,China,India,Saudi Arabia,Venice,Paris,Britain,Ireland,USA and last but not the least Hawaii. (I would have added Antarctica but I don't think it's possible. So yeah thats why I didn't add that place!)
And one more thing. This list might get bigger.

That's my dream for now.. People dream everyday,right? So I'll keep dreaming and adding more to this! :):)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users