Photo

Ask Meg about the Queen of Babble series!

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 bookgirl25

bookgirl25

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Moderators
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 08:20 PM

Welcome To Ask Meg about the Queen of Babble series!

Here you can chat about the series that brought a new meaning to the word blabbermouth and made us all a little bit desperate for that perfect vintage wedding gown... :]

:spinstar: PLEASE read the FAQ before you ask a question in the forum. This will save time and space.

:spinstar: PLEASE use the SEARCH BUTTON and the Queen of Babble forums FIRST.

:spinstar: PLEASE do not chat in this thread! This is for asking questions, and Meg will answer. If you would like to chat about the book, go to the book forum HERE

:spinstar: PLEASE be respectful if you answer a question in this forum!

:spinstar: And as always, PLEASE, adhere to the Meg Cabot Message Boards rules!

FREQUNETLY ASK QUESTIONS! (Psst! Read this before posting!):

:spinstar: Has Meg visited the places Lizzie visited in the first book?
Yes she has, so all the perceptions of England and France were right from Meg's own experience!

:spinstar: This is an adult book, am I old enough to read it?
If you have to ask, then no, you are most likely not. This book contains some adult situations and language.

:spinstar:
Spoiler

:spinstar: Is Queen of Babble going to become a movie?
Queen of Babble has been optioned as a feature film by Jeffrey Sharp of Sharp Independent. Kristen Bell (Veronica Mars) is currently slated to star

Thanks for your attention!

Enjoy!

--Bookie

#2 ilovechristopher

ilovechristopher

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 04:47 PM

Is the queen of babble movie going to be three movies or just one? Also, have anyone else been casted besides lizzy?

#3 bookgirl25

bookgirl25

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Moderators
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 12:30 PM

Is the queen of babble movie going to be three movies or just one? Also, have anyone else been casted besides lizzy?

I think it's all up in the air, there's nothing on the internet that answers your question so far, stay posted to Meg's blog for more info. :]

#4 MusicLover11

MusicLover11

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 11:05 PM

Are there going to be any more QOB books after QOB Gets Hitched?

#5 MegCabot

MegCabot

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Root Admin
  • 3,002 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 04:14 PM

Are there going to be any more QOB books after QOB Gets Hitched?

Funny you should ask! Just the other day I was thinking of a plot for one. But I am not contracted for anymore, and I *AM* contracted for more Heather Wells books, so I have to write those first (in fact, I've started one of those). So, if I do write more about Lizzie, it will be a while.

The plot I thought of for Lizzie might work better for one the girls in the Boy books, though, and it would be fun to write more of those (books in email format). So I have to figure out which I'm going to do. I feel happy with where I left Lizzie, and this new plot is quite mean. So maybe I'll be mean to one of the girls in the email books. Only which one? I think the one from Boy Meets Girl would be the funniest.

#6 MegCabot

MegCabot

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Root Admin
  • 3,002 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 04:15 PM

I think it's all up in the air, there's nothing on the internet that answers your question so far, stay posted to Meg's blog for more info. :]

The option for the Queen of Babble movie lapsed, so we'll have to see if it gets picked up again!

#7 Allthingsstellar

Allthingsstellar

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 04:00 AM

I'm confused about something - when does Shari realise that Chaz loves Lizzie? and when does Chaz himself realise it?

Just read Queen of Babble gets hitched and I loved it :heartbeat:

Rivea :icon_flower:

#8 MegCabot

MegCabot

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Root Admin
  • 3,002 posts

Posted 24 December 2010 - 05:10 PM

I'm confused about something - when does Shari realise that Chaz loves Lizzie? and when does Chaz himself realise it?

Just read Queen of Babble gets hitched and I loved it :heartbeat:

I think Shari always knew, because Chaz and Lizzie argued ALL THE TIME. Sometimes when this happens, it means people like each other. I think Chaz always liked Lizzie from the moment he met her, he just couldn't admit it because she was so not his type, and the same thing for her. But sometimes when you meet the right person, even if they are everything you don't want, it ends up working, for some reason. It just might take a while to figure it out.

#9 Allthingsstellar

Allthingsstellar

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 12:56 AM

I think Shari always knew, because Chaz and Lizzie argued ALL THE TIME. Sometimes when this happens, it means people like each other. I think Chaz always liked Lizzie from the moment he met her, he just couldn't admit it because she was so not his type, and the same thing for her. But sometimes when you meet the right person, even if they are everything you don't want, it ends up working, for some reason. It just might take a while to figure it out.

#10 Princess Tiger Lilly

Princess Tiger Lilly

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 07:40 PM

The option for the Queen of Babble movie lapsed, so we'll have to see if it gets picked up again!

Is there a script adaptation already written? I thought about writing one and that's when I saw Queen of Babble on IMDB. I think it would be fun to write the adaptation and I'm considering writing one regardless. Anyway, please let me know. I definitely think it would make a great movie!

#11 suze.angelova

suze.angelova

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 12:49 AM

Hey Meg :)

I was just wondering, what hair colour and eye colour does Lizzie have? Because on the cover of the second book, the girl is brunette, but I heard that Kristen Bell was due to play her in the movie?

Thank you! :D
:heartbeat: Suze

#12 Beautifully Intended

Beautifully Intended

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 10,131 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 09:15 PM

^^^Well, Kristen can change her hair color for a role. Many actresses do that. It wouldn't be a huge deal. In fact, Kristen was a brunette for her role in Burlesque. I do feel like Lizzie did have brown hair, but maybe not. I may have to check my copy of Queen of Babble.

#13 roxthebox

roxthebox

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 08:50 AM

Hi! I was wondering what the backstory to Lizzie's engagement ring was. :) Why was Luke so eager to get rid of it?

#14 suze.angelova

suze.angelova

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 06:18 AM

Hi! I was wondering what the backstory to Lizzie's engagement ring was. :) Why was Luke so eager to get rid of it?

He didnt really want to get rid of it, he just wanted Lizzie to keep it because he felt guilty about cheating on her :P

#15 Jayalaw

Jayalaw

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 05:11 PM

When Mia gets married, will Lizzie Nichols design her bridal gown? Maybe there could be a crossover of some sorts?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users