Photo

As Meg About Princess Diaries II: Princess in the Spotlight!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 bookgirl25

bookgirl25

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Moderators
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 09:38 AM

Welcome To Ask Meg about Princess in the Spotlight!

:spinstar: PLEASE read the FAQ before you ask a question in the forum. This will save time and space.

:spinstar: PLEASE use the SEARCH BUTTON and the Princess Diaries forums FIRST.

:spinstar: PLEASE do not chat in this thread! This is for asking questions, and Meg will answer. If you would like to chat about the book, go to the book forum HERE

:spinstar: PLEASE be respectful if you answer a question in this forum!

:spinstar: And as always, PLEASE, adhere to the Meg Cabot Message Boards rules!

FREQUNETLY ASK QUESTIONS! (Psst! Read this before posting!):

:spinstar: Is the second book related to the second movie?
No, they are COMPLETELY unrelated.

Thanks for your attention!

Enjoy!

--Bookie

#2 ~~Princess Hamna~~

~~Princess Hamna~~

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 12:57 PM

Hey Meg...first of all I want you to know that you are one of the BEST authors and you are my idol. Your books are simply amazing and they've helped me a lot when I am in difficult situations....I can really relate to them.
Now for the question I want to ask you- I was just re-reading the Princess Diaries Volume-II the other day and I found something intresting....in her English Journal, Mia writes about this made for TV movie called "Who is Julia?" where Julia is this model whose brain is transplanted into an ordinary housewife's body.
I found this movie resembled "Airhead" a little (ofcourse most of it is COMPLETELY different). So I just want know that is this movie one of the inspirations to Airhead (though we all know the real story behind it...the "I-wish-I-was-in-a-supermodel's-body" story)? Also this book was published around 2001...so is that how long the idea of Airhead has been in your head? That's it I guess...
Love,
Hamna

#3 MegCabot

MegCabot

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Root Admin
  • 3,002 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 11:49 AM

Hey Meg...first of all I want you to know that you are one of the BEST authors and you are my idol. Your books are simply amazing and they've helped me a lot when I am in difficult situations....I can really relate to them.
Now for the question I want to ask you- I was just re-reading the Princess Diaries Volume-II the other day and I found something intresting....in her English Journal, Mia writes about this made for TV movie called "Who is Julia?" where Julia is this model whose brain is transplanted into an ordinary housewife's body.
I found this movie resembled "Airhead" a little (ofcourse most of it is COMPLETELY different). So I just want know that is this movie one of the inspirations to Airhead (though we all know the real story behind it...the "I-wish-I-was-in-a-supermodel's-body" story)? Also this book was published around 2001...so is that how long the idea of Airhead has been in your head? That's it I guess...
Love,
Hamna

Hi! Oh my gosh, I forgot about this movie! So dishy. Then the housewife's husband kidnaps her and forces her to go back to doing the dishes in their mobile home because he can't accept that she's not really his wife anymore! And it makes the supermodel realize her own life was empty and shallow (sort of like the movie "Overboard.")

It's the opposite of the story of Airhead (and no evil corporation is doing the surgery. And there are no teenagers). But moral is still, "Who you are is special, and people love you for what's inside, not what's outside. But that doesn't mean what's inside doesn't need improving (like Nikki Howard, who only thought about her looks, and could be so awful and manipulative) and what's outside couldn't stand some tweaking, too (like Em Watts, who thought only shallow people cared about how they looked, and so had no self-confidence or pride in herself or her appearance, only her brain)."

The whole brain-transplanting thing has been around for a long time. There's also a famous children's book called Eva published in 1988 by Peter Dickinson about a girl who gets her brain transplanted into a monkey's body. In the end Eva chooses to go live with the monkeys because none of the humans will accept a girl with a human brain in a monkey body (I'm told, I never read it, but it's one of my friend's favorite books). One of my favorite games to play in bars is, "Who would you rather have your brain transplanted into, a monkey or Spencer Pratt? And no, you can't kill yourself." Etc. until you get to Hitler.

#4 batontwirler

batontwirler

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 08:19 AM

i totally thought this too.
have you noticed in book 2 there is actually a quote from Ralph Waldo Emerson. this is actually quite ironic because in the same book that whole brain transplant movie thing is in it too? this in kinda funny because Meg went on to write airhead, which contained these two things.
Posted Image
cool.

#5 mediator7

mediator7

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 277 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 06:19 PM

Hi Meg!
I know that this is a chat for Princess Diaries II, but I couldn't find one for Princess Diaries III. I noticed a typo on page 108 that I thought you might want to know about.
"Thank God Grandmere wasn't there...he'd gone off in search of more cigarettes, and to have her sidecar refreshed."
I thought that the third book was the best so far, (I haven't started IV yet) but I won't say anything since this is a chat for book II.
Thanks!

#6 seashellyan

seashellyan

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 09:01 PM

Hello! In "Princess In The Spotlight", Vigo invited John Tesh to play the piano for the royal wedding party. According to Mia's description, her mom Helen hates John tesh very much. Why does Helen hate John Tesh? Thnaks!
31-7-2012

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users