• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 kcrox

kcrox

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 10:50 AM

I'm still reading it... so can't choose yet!! ;)

#2 kylie

kylie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,329 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 03:40 PM

Alaric <3

#3 CrazyClavie

CrazyClavie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Moderators
  • 10,577 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 04:50 PM

Alaric too!!

Lucien is a boy toy, well man toy. But Alaric is the guy for the long haul.

#4 fat_louie_is_my_hero

fat_louie_is_my_hero

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 09:13 PM

Lucien didn't appeal to me at all toward the end. Every time he talked Alaric looked better and better... :D

#5 KingofPopLovinMegFan

KingofPopLovinMegFan

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 02:32 PM

I think Lucien. Alaric has a crush, but Lucien has true love. Alaric can't just come in and steal Meena away from him. Mary Lou is living a good life with a vampire and so will Meena if she just sacrifices for true love.

#6 starberry

starberry

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,205 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 03:14 PM

I'm honestly Team No one at the moment. I recently reread the book and I liked Lucien a lot in the beginning I mean he was romantic and kicked some major butt when dealing with his brother, but at the end I got the creepy vibe from when he visited Meena at her apartment. The dragon thing honestly didn't bother me that much. Yes, it was horrible that he had such little disregard for people once he was transformed and all, but it was understandable to a degree. As for Alaric, I did not like him at all in the beginning of the book. I thought he was rude and sort of barbaric, but he grew on me and he sort of mellowed out by the end of the book. And I liked his grumpiness. If I'm rooting for anyone right now it's probably Alaric, but if Lucien starts acting how he did at the beginning of Insatiable in Overbite I might start liking him better than Alaric. It really just depends how Meg decides to move this story forward in the next book.

I know this is sort of off topic, but throughout Insatiable I kept thinking how much the book reminded me of Charmed. I know there were no witches or anything like that in Insatiable, but Meena really reminded me of Phoebe. I mean, I kept picturing Alyssa milano as Meena (you know when she had the short hair) and Lucien sort of reminded me of Cole except that instead of being a demon he's a vampire.

m

#7 DianaSF

DianaSF

Meg Cabot Fan

• Moderators
  • 742 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 04:08 PM

I think Lucien. Alaric has a crush, but Lucien has true love. Alaric can't just come in and steal Meena away from him. Mary Lou is living a good life with a vampire and so will Meena if she just sacrifices for true love.

Alaric seems like the kind of guy who would totally come in and woo Meena away from another guy, and that is part of the reason I like him so much. He's a grumpy (but sensitive when it counts) bad a$$. Right now I'm more Team Alaric than Team Lucien. Lucien's behavior in the last part of the book was unappealing to me. Stalkerish behavior does not equal romantic.

Also, I hope it wouldn't just be Meena who has to sacrifice for true love. If she were to end up with Lucien, I'd like him to do some sacrificing as well. At this point, I don't want Meena to give up being human and turn into a vampire, and that is a major reason that I don't want her to be with Lucien (unless they can somehow be together without her becoming undead).

#8 Queridagirl614

Queridagirl614

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 892 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 12:17 AM

For me, at the beginning, I really liked Lucien because he had a lot going for him you know, he seemed to be Mr. Perfect, but then he turned kinda scary. It wasn't the vamp thing, it was more his personality, and how menacing he could be. Alaric was more funny and worked hard to be likable. And well, he had the "Wulf" touch thing going for him which I thought was adorable. So, I am Team Alaric, and I hope that in the end he gets Meena to fall for him. But, we'll just have to wait and see. ^_^

#9 heavensentreply

heavensentreply

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 01:54 AM

I don't know. I think I'm team lucien, because hes supposed to be really sexy. I don't know about that other guy. I mean, he treats her right, I just, I don't know I like lucien better.

#10 bookworm_101

bookworm_101

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 10:37 PM

Hmm, well there're both great guys. I know some of you may not agree, but I honestly think they're good for
Menna. Even though Lucien is a vampire and Alaric is a vampire hunter. Too mee, they're both sexxy and great
life-time soul mate type.:)Whoever Menna ends up choosing in the end, Alaric or Lucien, I'm sure Meg Cabot won't leave Lucien or Alaric, whoever didn't get choosen, with a sad ending! She's too nice for that! :D Or, you never know, there could surprise twist,and a third guy could be introduced that no one saw comin' in. Tons of possibilities, just gotta wait to find out :D

#11 Annabeth2101

Annabeth2101

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 03:22 PM

Alaric, duh. He's a hot vampire hunter, what's not to like?
I mean, I have nothing against Lucien, but it kind of crepped me out that he could turn into a dragon. Sure he's charming, a vampire king, and cares about Meena; I like him- a lot- but I'm sticking with Alaric :)

~G

PS: But I know that, at the end, she's not going to pick neither of them...now wouldn't that be unexpected? ;)

#12 Will_Wagner_luvr

Will_Wagner_luvr

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 06:14 PM

I don't know. At first I was like "LUCIEN! ALL THE WAY!" but now i am not so sure.

I think that Lucien is an awesome dude, but I really, really, really hate vampires. And he is TOO perfect, you know (like some other vampire in a book i read and hated... coughEdwardCullencough)? I don't really like Alaric that much (can you say Womenizer?).

So, how about none of them? I hate love triangles. THIS BOOK DOESN'T HAVE TO BE A LOVE STORY! Why doesn't Meena decide to become a nun or something? Sigh...

#13 BonkersBookworm78

BonkersBookworm78

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 12:57 PM

Team Alaric because Lucien scares me.

#14 KWatters

KWatters

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 09:49 PM

Team Lucien completely. I am utterly devastated...I just finished reading Overbite  :icon_mecry2:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users