• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#46 CrazyClavie

CrazyClavie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Moderators
  • 10,577 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 05:17 PM

I'm on the biting-nails wagon too! LOL, plus I need to order the book if I don't have it or they don't have it in the library, so yeah :P needz to know

#47 kylie

kylie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,329 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 06:41 PM

I'm excited.
I didn't have time to read Jane because I had a novel for my english class to read, but I'm finished now.

Let us know soon please (:

#48 AwesomeNiks

AwesomeNiks

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 455 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 01:36 AM

I can't wait to see. I hope I can actually JOIN the convo this month! :D

#49 ran

ran

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 02:18 AM

Book suggestion:
Dash and Lily's book of dares

done by the author of Nick and Norah's infinate playlist. Apprantly good. Getting my copy for Christmas.

#50 Beautifully Intended

Beautifully Intended

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 10,131 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 07:09 PM

^^^Dash and Lily is very good! I just did a discussion of it with a fellow blogger for a group blog we both contribute to. It's a wonderful book.

#51 wynn07

wynn07

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 08:26 AM

Heya!!
This is my suggestion ;)

Forgive My Fins by: Tera Lynn Childs
Posted Image

I think that's really pretty ;)

Anyways, this book is about a girl named Lily whose a mermaid. She has a really big crush and a guy named Brody. She plans to kiss him in the library. Instead, this other guy who has a crush on Lily, Quince, kisses her. He starts to become a merman and is trapped in a mermaid bond with Lily.

You can read more HERE
It's a really good book. I highly recommend it :)

:mgturtle: Cheyenne

I read this book a few weeks ago its really good! I ended up getting the authors other 2 books in the Oh.My.Gods series but I didn't like them as much as forgive my fins!

Another good book I just finished is Firelight by Sophie Jordan

http://www.amazon.co...91901065&sr=1-1

#52 samemjinx

samemjinx

Meg Cabot Reader

• Validating
  • 134 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 06:12 PM

Some of the best books that i've ever read arI'd tell you i love you but then i would have to kill you by ally carter ( its good if you like total actin and love)

Stargirl (great if you like so much love)

the last song ( yuoll love it if you like sad books about love)

and all of megs books

#53 DianaSF

DianaSF

Meg Cabot Fan

• Moderators
  • 742 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 06:44 PM

Should we start thinking of suggestions for the next book club selection?

#54 admin_ann

admin_ann

Meg Cabot Reader

• Administrators
  • 245 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 07:59 PM

Should we start thinking of suggestions for the next book club selection?

Absolutely! The next selection will be announced SOON!

#55 DianaSF

DianaSF

Meg Cabot Fan

• Moderators
  • 742 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 08:14 PM

My suggestion is Prom and Prejudice by Elizabeth Eulberg. Here's what the book is about (description from author's website).

It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single girl of high standing at Longbourn Academy must be in want of a prom date.

After winter break, the girls at the very prestigious, very wealthy, girls-only Longbourn Academy are suddenly obsessed with the prom, which they share with the nearby, equally elitist, all-boys Pemberley School. Lizzie Bennet, who attends Longbourn on scholarship, isn't exactly interested in designer dresses and expensive shoes, but her best friend, Jane, might be-especially now that Charles Bingley is back from a semester in London.

Lizzie is happy about her friend's burgeoning romance, but less than impressed by Will Darcy, Charles's friend, who's snobby and pretentious. Darcy doesn’t seem to like Lizzie either, but she assumes it's because her family doesn't have money. Clearly, Will Darcy is a pompous jerk—so why does Lizzie find herself drawn to him anyway?

Will Lizzie’s pride and Will’s prejudice keep them apart? Or are they a prom couple in the making?

I know we've already read a modern retelling of a classic for our first book (Jane by April Lindner), but this retelling of Pride and Prejudice sounds really good. Also, it's about prom! Who doesn't like prom (other than Michael Moscovitz)? :P The protagonist's best friend is named Jane. If chosen, this would be the third book club read with a character named Jane. Kinda cool. Lastly, after reading Rosebush, I think our next book selection should be on the lighter side.

To read an excerpt, reviews, and the back story on Prom and Prejudice, go to: http://www.elizabeth...erg.com/PP.html

Posted Image

#56 starberry

starberry

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,205 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 12:18 AM

My suggestion is Prom and Prejudice by Elizabeth Eulberg. Here's what the book is about (description from author's website).

It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single girl of high standing at Longbourn Academy must be in want of a prom date.

After winter break, the girls at the very prestigious, very wealthy, girls-only Longbourn Academy are suddenly obsessed with the prom, which they share with the nearby, equally elitist, all-boys Pemberley School. Lizzie Bennet, who attends Longbourn on scholarship, isn't exactly interested in designer dresses and expensive shoes, but her best friend, Jane, might be-especially now that Charles Bingley is back from a semester in London.

Lizzie is happy about her friend's burgeoning romance, but less than impressed by Will Darcy, Charles's friend, who's snobby and pretentious. Darcy doesn’t seem to like Lizzie either, but she assumes it's because her family doesn't have money. Clearly, Will Darcy is a pompous jerk—so why does Lizzie find herself drawn to him anyway?

Will Lizzie’s pride and Will’s prejudice keep them apart? Or are they a prom couple in the making?

I know we've already read a modern retelling of a classic for our first book (Jane by April Lindner), but this retelling of Pride and Prejudice sounds really good. Also, it's about prom! Who doesn't like prom (other than Michael Moscovitz)? :P The protagonist's best friend is named Jane. If chosen, this would be the third book club read with a character named Jane. Kinda cool. Lastly, after reading Rosebush, I think our next book selection should be on the lighter side.

To read an excerpt, reviews, and the back story on Prom and Prejudice, go to: http://www.elizabeth...erg.com/PP.html

Posted Image

Oh, I've wanted to read that one it's gotten great press. And I love anything with Pride and Prejudice wouldn't mind doing the original as a book of a month pick.

M :)

#57 crazee_top

crazee_top

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,520 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 09:10 PM

My suggestion is The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

I finally got around to reading the first (after about a year of it being on my "MUST READ THIS BOOK!!!" list).
Simply hilarious, very well done.

Blurb:

On 12 October 1979 the most remarkable book ever to come out of the great publishing corporations of Ursa Minor (and Earth) was made available to humanity- The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

It's an ordinary Thursday lunchtime from Arthur Dent until his house gets demolished. The Earth follows shortly afterwards, to make way for a new hyperspace bypass, and his best friend has just announced that he's an alien. At this moment, they're hurtling through space with nothing but their towels abd ab innocuous-looking book inscribed with the big, friendly words:
DON'T PANIC.

And the weekends only just began...

#58 Beautifully Intended

Beautifully Intended

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 10,131 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 01:10 PM

I'll be reading Prom and Prejudice soon! I loved Elizabeth's debut so am excited to read this new one.

#59 starberry

starberry

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,205 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 10:28 PM

I'm going to suggest Beastly by Alex Flinn. I read the book a few years ago which is a modern retelling of Beauty and the Beast. I love it. It's very romantic and the best news yet, that I found out via Meg's Facebook, is that a movie of it will be released soon starring Alex Pettyfer and Vanessa Hudgins.

#60 mitch rules!

mitch rules!

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 06:25 AM

I'm going to suggest The sumer I turned pretty by Jenny Han, I absolutely loved this book and I'm glad its a series!

http://www.dearjenny...com/summer.html

#61 bookwormwriter98

bookwormwriter98

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,536 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 06:36 AM

I'm going to suggest The sumer I turned pretty by Jenny Han, I absolutely loved this book and I'm glad its a series!

i love that book, and the sequel, and i actually just read it!!!
I SECOND THIS SUGGESTION!!!
:D :D :D :D :D

#62 Ami

Ami

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Moderators
  • 9,185 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 10:22 AM

Love, love, love this book! I did not realise it was in a series! :) I guess some of that Christmas money will be put into good use ;)

#63 starberry

starberry

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,205 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 12:12 AM

I have really enjoyed revisiting the Mediator series this month. I have noticed that the 1800-Where-R-U series also have been rereleased as bindups recently and I think rereading them for one month's discussion would be fun to do too.

#64 kylie

kylie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,329 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 03:41 PM

I'm suggesting Mathced by Ally Condie.

I've been meaning to read The Summer I Turned Pretty too, so that sounds good also (:

#65 kylie

kylie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,329 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 03:44 PM

* Matched ^ heheh :icon_redface:

#66 lmnt

lmnt

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Moderators
  • 2,292 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 06:10 PM

Yes Yes Yes! Prom and Predjudice sounds like a great pick. I definately hope this book is picked!!!

-Gina

#67 DianaSF

DianaSF

Meg Cabot Fan

• Moderators
  • 742 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 01:18 AM

My next book club selection suggestion is another prom-themed book. It's Will Work for Prom Dress by Aimee Ferris.

Description of book from Amazon:

Quigley Johnson has, reluctantly, given up the rest of her last year of high school to take part in her best friend Ann's Betterment Plan, which will turn them into the best-dressed, most sought-after, most admired girls at their senior formal. Because - hey - who doesn't want the perfect prom, complete with a dream dress and a devastatingly handsome date?

But the prom costs money - lots of money - and even though the girls could easily have Ann's mom design their dresses (she's only Victoria Parisi, one of the most famous designers in the world), Ann insists that they pay their own way. And that's how Quigley gets stuck making artistic topping masterpieces on frozen pizzas canvases, before becoming a live model for Ms. Parisi's fashion design class, where she meets Zander.

He's cute, and cool, and funny, with a killer design sensibility (even if he can't sketch). But is he too good to be true? And what about David, the hot, talented artist at school, who's also kind of a jerk, but won't leave Quigley alone? And Ann - she started the Betterment Plan to improve Quigley and herself, but it seems like it's ripping their friendship to shreds.

This road to the prom dream may just end in disaster.

Ferris has posted prom pics from the best of the kidlit world.

http://willworkforpromdress.com/

Posted Image

#68 CrazyClavie

CrazyClavie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Moderators
  • 10,577 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 03:59 PM

^^Will work does look super cute.

#69 admin_ann

admin_ann

Meg Cabot Reader

• Administrators
  • 245 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 08:11 PM

I'm biting my nails as we speak out of anticipation. Please, tell us what is soon for the sake of my cuticles (lol).
M

Hi Everyone,

Your suggestions are great! We are in the process of choosing a February Book Club selection. Meg is especially interested in trying books that are new. So please post suggestions you have for books that are coming out in Jan or Feb 2011.

THANKS!

Ann

#70 mitch rules!

mitch rules!

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 02:10 PM

<http://1.bp.blogspot...ned pretty.jpg>

#71 size 12 is not fat

size 12 is not fat

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,110 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 05:48 PM

^_^ I also want to read Forgive my Fins.
Ok here a few of suggestions:
House of Night (one of eight books at the mo) by Pc and Kristin Cast
The Vampire Diaries by Lj Smith
Arrow by RJ Anderson

~Oce~

#72 kylie

kylie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,329 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 06:54 PM

Delirium by Lauren Oliver. I haven't read it yet but it looks good. Came out on Feb. 1 I believe.

#73 bookwormwriter98

bookwormwriter98

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,536 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 07:34 PM

still second this, although now it has totaled to four votes....;)

#74 DianaSF

DianaSF

Meg Cabot Fan

• Moderators
  • 742 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 10:09 PM

Come join us in discussing Meg's Vanished Books 3 & 4: Safe House and Sanctuary!

http://forums.megcab...=0#entry2347472

#75 readerluv133

readerluv133

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 07:33 PM

Posted Image

I just finished reading Getting Revenge on Lauren Wood.

This book is about a crazy, insane, girl named Helen that hates her ex BFF Lauren. Lauren backstabbed Helen just to be popular! Luckily, Helen's family had to move for a couple of years to NYC. While Helen was in New York, she got a makeover. Now Helen is going back to her old hometown as a new and improved Claire. Claire is sent on revenge for Lauren. Look out Lauren, things are about to get *%^##y.

Yea, so it was a good book that makes you stop, take a second and think about life.

#76 DianaSF

DianaSF

Meg Cabot Fan

• Moderators
  • 742 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 12:54 PM

Posted Image

I think Michele Jaffe's new book, Ghost Flower, should be the next book of the month. It comes out on April 12. Here's a description of the book:

Eve, a runaway, finds a new job at a coffee shop on the outskirts of Tucson. When she's approached by two wealthy teens who claim she bears an uncanny resemblance to their missing cousin Aurora, her life takes a turn for the dark and mysterious. Drawn into a scheme to win Aurora's inheritance, Eve finds herself impersonating the girl, who disappeared three years ago on the night her best friend Elizabeth died. But when Liza's ghost begins to haunt Eve, doing harm to the people close to her under the guise of "protecting" her, Eve finds herself in a nightmare maze of lies and deception that leads her to question even her own identity. She realizes her only chance is to uncover the truth about what happened the night Liza died, and to find Liza's killer - before she's next.

#77 romanceluva11

romanceluva11

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 463 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 04:26 PM

Posted Image

Now high school juniors, Zoe, Maddie, and Angela continue to share "instant messages" with one another as one of them experiments with marijuana, another gets her first boyfriend, and the third moves three thousand miles away.

It's a really good book :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users