#1 Gee{or}jah

Gee{or}jah

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 658 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 06:27 AM

badjpg.jpg

BAD BOYS DO IT BETTER

Elliott Saunders is fundamentally a good girl. She makes above average grades, has friends that her parents approve of and spends ample time with her family. Elliott is a good girl. But with the good, there is always a spot of darkness. Elliott’s darkness takes human form in Jamie Wilkins; the bad boy boyfriend.

Jamie Wilkins doesn't class himself as a bad boy; he is an individual and follows the sound of his own guitar. If that means that sometimes he does things that are seen as bad by the community, then so be it; Jamie doesn't need to prove himself to anyone, except her. In Jamie’s life there is one bright spot, shining above the rest. His girlfriend Elliott Saunders.

When Elliott’s mother comes home from overseas, she brings more than a handbag back as a gift. Wanting to ensure that Elliott is dating a man worthy of her goodness, Henry enters the scene. An old family friend, recently home from Europe and trying to push Jamie right out the door.

Will Jamie lose the one good thing he has in his life? Will Elliott fight back against her family’s wishes and the charm of the Englishman? 

Can bad boys do it better?

Photo credit to the person who put this on pinterest. http://www.pinterest...39750909092946/

#2 Meg_Rulz

Meg_Rulz

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 608 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 10:39 AM

I am rooting for the bad guy! :P
Lol

Just wanna say that the plot is really engrossing and I am waiting for an update!

;)
Poorvi

#3 BonkersBookworm78

BonkersBookworm78

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 11:36 AM

Sounds awesome, the sort of thing I'd like to read.

(Sorry this reply is lame, I'm exhausted.)

#4 Jcrazy

Jcrazy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 12:01 PM

GEORGIA!!

Love. And I love that there's a Jamie. I know your boyfriends name is Jamie, but we'll pretend that you named him after me. ;)

Post a chapter!

#5 24moon100

24moon100

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 5,131 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 03:05 PM

YAY. New story! 

Totally reading this. Sounds super awesome, although not a surprise coming from you. :)

Hurry up and post!

—MEG

#6 Bushra_Siddiqui

Bushra_Siddiqui

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 06:04 AM

I love the plot, this is something I'd definately read.  :)

#7 KatieCakes

KatieCakes

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 11:53 AM

Sounds awesome! :-)

#8 Gee{or}jah

Gee{or}jah

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 658 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 07:18 AM

CHAPTER ONE

Elliott.

“What in God’s name have you done to your hair?”  

Not exactly the reaction I was going for as I walked out of the bathroom after spending hours on my hair. Though, to be honest my dad probably wasn't the best person to unveil my new look to.

“You don’t like it?” I asked, putting a small hint of uncertainty to my voice to make him feel a tiny bit guilty for his statement.

My dad, who was sitting in his lounge chair, put down his beloved magazine to look at me properly. “It’s pink!” he exclaimed, seemingly blind sighted by the colour.

Well. He wasn’t wrong.

“Not all of it is pink.” I rationalised. “I’m still blonde; it’s just the ends that I changed.”

“It’s very pink, Elliott.” He said frowning. I rolled my eyes; my dad knew nothing about hairstyles or women of the twenty first century.

Grabbing a lock of my hair, I brought it up and fanned it in front of my face. It wasn’t magenta pink at least. It was more a slightly brighter cotton candy colour. My long hair came down to the small of my back, where a good eight inches had been ‘dip dyed’ pink.

I loved it.

As I continued to check out my hair, dad kept the questioning commentary running. “What spawned this decision? Dare? All the girls at school doing it?”

“Yes, Dad. That’s the exact reason.” I replied sarcastically. Then I changed my voice to a more normal and less bratty tone. “Honestly? There is three months left of high school and straight after that I start my internship with mum. You know as well as I do that this is my only and last chance to do something crazy.”

Dad sighed and looked at me a little sadly. “You don’t have to do the internship, Elliott. I’m sure your mother won’t mind.”

I raised my eyebrows and looked at him incredulously. Mum was a big time television journalist for one of the leading network stations in the country, and she took her job seriously. Two years ago she was reporting on the famine in the Middle East and refused to eat or indulge in any of the accommodations that the network had provided for the reporters and crew. For three days my mother had a small amount of rice and an even smaller quantity of water to survive off. Mum was hard core. Was I proud of her? Sure, but she has been abroad for 95% of my life and when she does visit it’s more of a chance to ensure that her one and only perfect daughter is in fact, still perfect.

The last time she visited; mum informed me that instead of spending my summer vacation before heading off to Stanford lying of the beach, or hanging out with my boyfriend I would be undertaking an internship at her station. Apparently it was very prestigious and even though thousands applied, mum had just informed the network that her perfect daughter would be taking one of the five spots.

Saying ‘no thanks’ was not an option.

“Yeah? Mind having that conversation for me, Dad?” I posed, seeing him pale the smallest amount.

“Point taken.” He conceded, shuddering a little. No-one, not even my father could stand up to my mother. Turning back to his magazine, Dad glanced at my hair one more time before saying “Your hair looks nice honey.”

I gave him my best smile; dad really was a softie at heart. Any of my friends fathers would have completely freaked out if their daughter spontaneously dyed their hair pink.

Running up the large staircase to my bedroom, I was hit with a large wall of heat from the sun beating through my windows. Throwing open the terrace doors that lead out to my adorning balcony, I let the fresh air come in from the ocean. My room was huge, painted cream and embellished with an oversized vintage green mirror on one wall. The large king bed that sat on the opposite wall was truly a piece of art. It was my grandmothers, a four poster wrought iron dome frame with a delicate and intricate swirled pattern to construct the bed ends, it almost looked like a large and elaborate candelabra.  Sometimes, like this moment of staring back into my bedroom it really its home just how lucky I am.

My dad as happy and complacent with his life as he seems; once was and still is at heart, a rock star.  Throughout the eighties and the early nineties, my dad and his band ‘The Other Normal’ were sold out in every pub, club or stadium that they could fit into their schedule. They had a good run, lasting over eleven years and three albums before the drummer and my dad’s best friend, Scott, died in a car accident. This ended the band forever. Now the only thing left of ‘The Other Normal’ was their first ever hit track.

You know that song that is the theme to that television daytime soap that has been running for twenty years and is still going? The one that plays repeats on Lifetime, and the plot never seems to change? Yeah, well that was the first song my dad ever recorded; a few years later it was being used for the most popular soap of the times. The royalties alone payed for my dad and I to live more that comfortably.

My eyes glanced over to the clock sitting on my beside table, seeing 4:50pm. “Shoot”. I muttered to myself. It was Saturday and I was meant to be meeting my boyfriend at 6pm. He finally had the night off and I was running late. I sprinted into my walk in robe to find something to wear.

My heart swelled at the thought of seeing him, it had been at least a week since I had last seen my boyfriend and I was anxious to fix that. Grabbing a pair of skinny jeans and a sparkly peplum top, I slipped into a pair of back ballet flats; I was basically out the door.

Sometimes I got the feeling that the only thing keeping me in balance was my relationship. Most of the time I felt like there was something wrong with me, that I wasn’t outgoing or brave enough, or that my parents had raised me to not think out of the box.

Jamie changed all of that.

Offsetting all the good that was expected of me, it was nice to be with someone that didn't mind a little bad. 

.:::.

END OF CHAPTER 1

Georgia  :heartbeat: 

Edited by Gee{or}jah, 29 January 2014 - 07:18 AM.

#9 24moon100

24moon100

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 5,131 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 01:18 AM

GEORGIA. This is so great. Truly, I must say, a fantastic start. I think it's cool how she died her hair pink. Refreshing considering most female protagonists you see have hair that are natural colors. ;) 

You're writing is great too. Gets better every time I see it. The way you left off was very well done and now I want ever so badly to read the next bit. :D

I think her dad sounds cool. Her mom on the other hand...she's intense isn't she? Lol. 

Anyway, can't wait to be introduced to Jamie!!!

Post chapter two soon, please!

-MEG

#10 DayDreamer95

DayDreamer95

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,331 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 01:03 AM

What up babe from awesomeness! So Iread this in a minute because it's so damn cute! :) fantastic honey! :)

#11 Meg_Rulz

Meg_Rulz

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 608 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 08:55 AM

It. Is. Awesome!

oh my god! Love you, Elliot!

I so wanna read more about Jamie.

Elliot's dad is cool, isn't he?

Whatever. Update soon! :P :)

#12 Gee{or}jah

Gee{or}jah

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 658 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 06:02 AM

CHAPTER 2 
Jamie. 

There was a noise. 

A loud, beeping, constant noise was doing my head in. I cracked one eye open, cursing the sun that streamed through my window. I needed to get some goddamn blinds. Reaching over to the alarm clock that was sitting haphazardly on the nightstand , I slammed my hand down; hopefully hitting the snooze button but more than likely breaking the damn thing. At this moment, I didn’t really care; I was too bloody tired.

I put my hand back under my pillow and mushed my face down to try and block out all of the light. 

It wasn’t working. 

Keeping my eyes firmly shut, I pinched the bridge of my nose. Waking up with one hell of a headache was not exactly what I would call a good morning, but it's not even morning, it's more late afternoon. Though, honestly it happened nearly every day, the sad truth to being a bartender at a decent place. Rolling into bed at 6am, stinking of alcohol and cigarettes; not exactly the makings of a great nights sleep. 

Loosing myself to a dreamless sleep was god almighty brilliant. 

I sighed and reluctantly opened my eyes, glancing over at my now clear bedside table. In my fit, I managed to knock the clock onto the ground. Not bothering to pick it up I searched around in my bed until I found my phone attached to its charger. Activating the screen I saw the time and swore under my breath. There was less than an hour before I had to meet my 
girlfriend for diner.

Sleeping during the day sucked majorly. It just didn't feel right and screwed my internal body clock. But as much as I hated my currently sleeping pattern, the money was pretty good and I was going to take what I could get. 

Stumbling out of my bed, twisting round in my sheets I dove into the shower. exactly two minutes later I was back out and with the towel around my waist attempted to find something that was semi clean. I picked up a shirt and sniffed it, deeming it more than okay and found the jeans that I had worn last night. Spraying a bit of deodorant on myself, I did the three pocket tap; wallet, keys, phone. Set to go. 

For the first time in what seemed like freaking months I finally had a Saturday night off, a rarity as a bartender. Even though my buddies wanted me to join them in getting wasted I considered dinner and good music with my hot as hell girlfriend a much better use of my night. 

I was meeting her at this little cafe that moonlighted as a bar and live music venue. Over the past few months it had become our date place of choice, it was respectable but It was also on the music map. Elliott was picky about the places we went, she wanted to honestly tell her father where we were going; even though she had the coolest dad ever. Being a budding musician myself, having a guy like that around was not something to be coy about. My friends nearly crapped themselves when they found out who Elliott's father was, it put all the sh*t they gave me about her age to rest. 

Seventeen isn't too young, I thought to myself as I got on my bike. I am only nineteen for gods sake and her birthday is in a couple of months or so. Elliott was different, she was good. She loved her parents, spent time with them, cared about her schooling and wanted to do something with her life. Elliott wasn't a pushover, but she damn sure wasn't like any girl I had dated before. 

The first time I met Elliot, it was in this little club bar in the next town over. Apparently one of Elliott's friends was having a birthday and knew some places that had a bit of a reputation for letting in beautiful girls under the age of eighteen, this wasn't one of those but some how they managed to get in. They were at the bar, one friend slumped over with her face in her arms, not able to keep her head up, all but one girl left to keep dancing. I was working the bar and couldn't help but groan at the girls that has obviously had way to much to drink. 

Underage girls were not fun, they were a liability. Heaving a huge sigh, I walked over there glancing at the clock. It was nearing 2am and the end of my shift. 

I looked at the blonde, dressed somewhat demurely compared to others in skinny black leather pants and a low cut flowy top. She was covered in sweat, along with everyone else, but didn't look quite as intoxicated. 

"Do you need-" I started to say, before being cut off without a glance. 

"Not interested." Was the reply got back along with a wave of a hand to my face. 

I turned to leave but my partner behind the bar looked at me pointedly and mouthed just effing deal with it

I got a little irritated. It had been fourteen damn hours since I started today and everything was going just fine until right now. Turning back round to the effortlessly beautiful blonde I tried again. 

"Look, your friend is wasted." This time I got a glare. "And obviously underage. Let me help you get her home." I tried to put on my nice guy face, but it wasn't showing too well. This girl looked both scared and stunned at the same time. 

"I can do it," she replied simply. Her voice was sweet, like warm honey. Attempting to wake her friend she began trying to lift her, to no avail. I watched her struggle for a moment before heading round to the other side of the bar, scooping her friend up under the legs and arms, carrying her to the back entrance, Elliott trailing behind me. 

"Why are we waiting out here?" She demanded, a hint of panic in her voice. Looking around at the dark and eerie alleyway. 

"Because if she hurls out here, I don't have to clean it up." I answered honestly. That was the damn worst part about the job. Pulling out my phone, I called a cab company to come and collect them. 

"How do I know your not calling your buddies?" She asked once I had explained what I had done. I sighed. "What's your phone number?" 

She looked at me incredulously, I raised an eyebrow and said "Trust me." 

Elliott thought about it for a second and hesitantly recited off the numbers as I plugged them into my phone. Calling her cell I said "Call me when your home, if I don't hear from you in two hours I'm calling you and then the police." 

By this time the cab had arrived, once I had put her friend in the back she turned to me and said "I don't even know your name." 

"Jamie," I replied sticking my hand out. 

"Elliott," she put forward with a smile, one that stayed with me for ages after she had shut the door and gone. 

Less that two hours later she called me. The rest as they say, was history. 

I got to the cafe a few minutes later than the time we had agreed too, but Elliott was nowhere to be seen. The thought of her being late for something made me laugh a little, she was a stickler for time management and punctuality. Finding a booth not to close to the stage that we would be sweated or spat at, and not too far away that we couldn't hear sh*t all, I ordered some drinks and something for her to pick at before dinner. For a light girl, she sure could eat. 

The chime at door went and I looked up, knowing it would be her.

I saw a flash of pink hair and those long legs that drove me crazy. 

It was simple. My girlfriend was awesome. 

.::.
END OF CHAPTER 2

Hey guys, well this is a long time coming. I am so sorry! I really hope that it makes sense and that it flows properly. Today I had a chunk of my back cut out and I took some strong tablets so god knows what my literary judgements are at the moment.  

<3 Georgia x

#13 24moon100

24moon100

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 5,131 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 07:57 PM

Well, first of all, OUCH! I hope you're feeling better! I don't know what it feels like to get a chunk cut out of your back but it doesn't sound pleasant. 

Second of all: YAY! *Claps excitedly* YOU UPDATED! I was beginning to wonder if you would. 

I loved getting to hear everything in Jamie's point of view. You did a nice job of making him sound like a guy. I liked getting to know him a little better and that flashback of how they met was a nice touch as well. :) I think it's awesome how he thinks his girlfriend is awesome. That just makes him awesome for saying that. :D

Anyway, can't wait for the next chapter! You always leaving me hanging and wanting more so hopefully you don't make me hang too long this time.

I know this is a sucky comment but I've got an English paper to write so I gotta go. Just thought I'd let you know I read it and loved it and would like to read more please!

—MEG

#14 Gee{or}jah

Gee{or}jah

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 658 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 02:21 AM

Well, first of all, OUCH! I hope you're feeling better! I don't know what it feels like to get a chunk cut out of your back but it doesn't sound pleasant. 

Second of all: YAY! *Claps excitedly* YOU UPDATED! I was beginning to wonder if you would. 

I loved getting to hear everything in Jamie's point of view. You did a nice job of making him sound like a guy. I liked getting to know him a little better and that flashback of how they met was a nice touch as well. :) I think it's awesome how he thinks his girlfriend is awesome. That just makes him awesome for saying that. :D

Anyway, can't wait for the next chapter! You always leaving me hanging and wanting more so hopefully you don't make me hang too long this time.

I know this is a sucky comment but I've got an English paper to write so I gotta go. Just thought I'd let you know I read it and loved it and would like to read more please!

—MEG

MEG! whoops, I got a reply and didn't notice, my bad! Yeah, FYI, it hurts alot. So does having it cut out again. Darn melanoma!

Yay! I'm glad that I have some sort of a guyish voice, it was bugging me something shocking that I couldn't get it right.

And yes, jamie thinks Elliott is awesome. You always hear girls gushing about their boys, so I made it go both ways. I hope my boyfriend thinks I'm awesome :)

Anyway:) I will try to get the next chapter going! I like this story but I have such little time! And only just got my computer back:)

Georgia! X

#15 Jcrazy

Jcrazy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 02:36 PM

Hey! I kind of forgot that I hadn't commented on this, but I just re read the first two chapters and wanted to mention that I love it. I really enjoy two perspective stories.

Plus, I really enjoy stories with a character named Jamie. I think we both like the name Jamie ;P

I hope you update! I want to read more.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users