Photo

What if you LOVE writing but others don't consider you one?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 DreamingOfSomething

DreamingOfSomething

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 07:52 PM

Hello.

I was just wondering if it was normal to love writing but others don't think you are or don't see it in you. I may not get the same quirks or do the same things as what was mentioned in the 'you know you're a writer when'; but I do love writing and books.

#2 Jcrazy

Jcrazy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 10:19 PM

Being a writer is not like being a doctor or a teacher or a musician. It isn't something people visibly SEE in you. It's a part of yourself that you can share and show with others, but you don't have to. Being a writer is a very personal thing and even if you're the only one who knows or realizes you're a writer, YOU STILL ARE ONE. That's the beauty of it. :)

#3 24moon100

24moon100

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 5,131 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 11:30 PM

Being a writer is not like being a doctor or a teacher or a musician. It isn't something people visibly SEE in you. It's a part of yourself that you can share and show with others, but you don't have to. Being a writer is a very personal thing and even if you're the only one who knows or realizes you're a writer, YOU STILL ARE ONE. That's the beauty of it. :)

Couldn't have said it better. :)

#4 dbcWinter

dbcWinter

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 834 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 11:38 AM

I'd say you are whatever YOU feel you are. People always want you to be what THEY think you should be, often they completely miss the true you. People don't have a clue 90% of the time. Don't let others define you, write your own definition of yourself and live by it. Life is too short to spend it playing someone else's vision of you. If they don't accept who you are, they weren't right for you in the first place. .

#5 KatieCakes

KatieCakes

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 04:29 PM

I understand what you mean, I've felt like that a few times myself. When I first started wanting to write up my story ideas, I realised my writing skills weren't great, and I felt really disheartened. I kept thinking to myself 'how can I be a writer when I can't write?' But I carried on writing anyway, simply because I love creating characters and their stories. Even if you're not like other writers (or in my case, can't write as well as them!) it doesn't make you any less of a writer. If you keep on writing and love what you're doing, it's simple, you are a writer. :icon_biggrin:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users