220 replies to this topic

#91 livexlovexdance

livexlovexdance

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 595 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 05:52 PM

Wow. Just...wow. :o

I feel so, so bad for Will! It's almost more heartbreaking in his perspective than it was in Ellie's! :icon_mecry2:

This is amazing, Jamie! I know I definitely couldn't have made it as convincing as you did!

I cannot WAIT for the next chapter! Update soon!

:heartbeat: Sara

#92 Jcrazy

Jcrazy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 06:03 PM

Cheyenne: Hehe. Thank you. My fav parts near the end....in the ravin.....when Marco hasn't arrived....mhm yeah I think you know where I'm going with this;)

Sara: Thank you so much! That comment like made my day!!I love everyones comments but the fact that you said it was amazing and I made it sound convincing really makes me happy:) Thank you, thank you, thank you for making my day:)I'm gonna try and make the next one even better for you guys:)

And question!!: You guys know when Elle and Will go out to dinner and to get icecream in the next chapter or so? I was wondering if, when the time came, if you wanted me to actually explain that since Meg didn't? I'm not sure if I'm going to do it, but if you want me to go into detail about it, I might. Lemme know:)

*jaMie*

#93 kylie

kylie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,329 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 06:18 PM

Yes! Awesome update! :heartbeat:
Awe, I feel so bad for Will. Even though he should have dumped Jen a long time ago because HE LOVES SOMEBODY ELSE!

And I would like it if you went into detail for that part. (:

#94 SakshiJain

SakshiJain

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 01:27 AM

aw...i so am in love with WILL... hehe..
lolz. awesome update... ^_^

#95 SakshiJain

SakshiJain

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 01:27 AM

#96 SakshiJain

SakshiJain

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 01:28 AM

#97 Jcrazy

Jcrazy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 06:54 AM

Kylie: Thank you (: I kind of wished in the book that he broke up with her before that! Because that would be cool. Lol. But it had to happen that way I guess.

Sakshi: Thanks! I think we are all in love with Will Wagner. *sigh* haha.

*jaMie*

#98 aprilbaby95

aprilbaby95

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 451 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 07:22 PM

Hey... That was awesome!!

I feel sooooo bad for Will... It was heartbreaking!

Update soon!!!

~sydney~

#99 kylie

kylie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,329 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 02:24 PM

I most certainly am in love with Will Wagner. :heartbeat:

Update please!

#100 suze.angelova

suze.angelova

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 09:28 AM

I love Avalon High, and its even more awesome in Will's perspective... and I know everyone has posted this but, I love WILL (L) !!! Please please pleaseeeee reply :) !!!

Suze xoxo

Edited by suze.angelova, 08 June 2010 - 09:29 AM.

#101 Jcrazy

Jcrazy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 07:27 PM

Sydney: Thank you bunches. It was pretty sad ): But things will get better (:

Kylie: Who isn't?! Lol. We all are.

Suze: Yay new reader! Hehe. Thank you. But we all love Will <3 Hehe.
:)

Ok....sooo sorry for the wait. Here's the update!!

CHAPTER SIXTEEN

Nothing. 

Have you ever felt nothing? I mean absolutly nothing. Numb, blank, far away. It's an interesting feeling. 

I watched as Marco got tackled, not exactly feeling bad about it, but feeling it wasn't really necessary either. One blow, and he was lying on the deck moaning, pretty wimpishly I might add. 

I just practically fell back onto the padded bench and watched the scene in front of me unfold. 

Jen just grabbed my shoulders. 

"It's not true," she kept saying in a panicked voice. But it was. I don't know how I knew, but it just helped explain things...it seemed easy to believe. 

"He's lying," she lied. She was full on crying now. And it wasn't pretty. "We would never do that to you. Would we, Lance?"

Lance didn't say anything. 

Jen through a frightened and worried look in his direction. 

"Would we, Lance?" she asked again, nervously. "Lance?"

I watched my best friend. He stood in the center of the boat staring furiously at the deck floor. As he lifted his head, appearing to use all his energy, I knew what he was going to say. 

His gaze met mine. 

"It's true."

And then silent hell broke loose, I guess you could say. After Jen's gasp that followed his two simple words, it was too quiet. 

No one made a peep. Only sounds of nature surronded us, plus the sound of music from the radio, and it was as ackward as you could possible imagine.

After a moment Jen took her hand she'd clamped over her noyb away and said to me tearfully, "Will. Will. I'm so sorry."

I know, I thought. 

"We couldn't help it," Lance said. I really almost wanted to tell him to shut up. Not because I was mad at him exactly, just because I didn't want to hear it. "We tried not to. Honest, Will."

Jen, with tears streaming down her face, said, "We this. Really. We were going to tell you. But with everything-well, with your dad, and....Well, there just never seemed to be a right time-"

"Is there ever a right time?" Marco interupted with his hands covering his face, due to the blow he'd gotten from Lance. "To tell a guy you're scamming on his gir, I mean?"

"Shut up, Marco," Elle said quickly. Man, she caught on fast. 

I watched him take away his hands from her face and smile crookedly at her. I guess I knew what all those smiles were for know. They'd all known.  

"Will," Lance said firmly from his spot still positioned in front of me. "Say something, man. Anything. Or hit me. I don't care. I deserve it. Just....do something."

I looked down at my bare feet. I tried to figure out what I wanted to do at that moment. I knew it wasn't hit him, because the feeling inside of me...it wasn't anger. It was just.....unknown at the moment. I couldn't figure it out. 

But I did decide what I needed to do. 

"Let's go back," I said. My voice, evento my own ears, sounded as neutral as could be. 

I stood up and undid the main sail. 

••* :) *••

You haven't ever seen ackward truely, unless you were on the Pride Winn that day. 

All it was was complete silence. Utter silence that you could cut with a knife. 

Except for Marco complaining, of course, over his split lip. 

Eventually, Elle just grabbed a cooler pack and thrusted it at him, to make him be quiet. 

I wasn't even thinking as we went back. Not about what had just happened. All my thoughts were just on getting back. 

So I told everyone what to do, in an almost bored sounding voice. When we finally got to the harbor and anchored, I just simply said, "Let's head to shore." Which was one of the longer sentences I'd said actually. 

When we finally got off that damn boat (sorry, Pride Winn. I love you, girl. But today, not so much) I just started to walk but Jen said my name and reached for my shoulder.  

I swear I almost did stop. It sounded so hurt and regretful that if I really wanted to I could have forgiven her right then and there. But I hadn't thought anything over. 

But running through the back of my mind as I just kept walking towards my car were just two words. 

It's over. 

It just dawned on me that it was. With Jen. It. Was. Over. 

When I got to my car I still wasn't thinking much. That is, untill Marco jumped in the passenger seat. 

I knew he'd driven with me there and all. I guess I just hadn't realized that now meant he had to drive home with me. Oh, joy. 

Not. 

"Well hello," he said slamming the door.

I turned to just glare at him. 

"That," he said, looking at me and shaking his head disgusted. "Is not a good look. Please, don't make that face again."

I just started driving and kept my mind dull. Which wasn't too hard, come to think of it. 

But Marco had to keep talking. 

"You must be truely devasted," Marco said sighed tiredly. "But man, it had to be done."

I didn't say anything. Although, I sure wanted to right then. Like tell him how he hadn't had to do that right in front of them. How he could have told me when they weren't standing right next to me. 

Like how he could have done it when Elle wasn't standing right there. 

Elle. Elle. ELLE.  

I could ask her....no I don't even want to think about that right now. That just shows how big an ass you've got to be, to be thinking about going out with some other girl twenty minutes after you find out your girlfriend cheated on you, doesn't it?

I shook my head a little and stared straight ahead at the road.

"It's gotta suck, buddy," Marco said sounding indifferent. "I mean, to find your girlfriend cheated on you. And of all people! Your best friend! Wow, I would just be devasted."

I know did stay something. I turned to him and said, "Shut the hell up, Marco."

He smiled and turned his attention to the road. 

"Whatever you say," he said. 

I just gritted my teeth and stared at the road untill we pulled into the driveway. When we did I got out and slammed the door loudly to make the point that I was angry with him even if I didn't say. 

I walked up to the door and pushed it open.

My room, I thought. Just get to my freaking room, change, and get out of here and away from Marco for a while. 

But Jean was sitting in the living room and she stopped me. 

"Did you have fun?" she asked smiling. 

"Oh, just a blast," I said sarcastically before retreating up the stairs. 

I heard him start to ask Marco what'd I'd meant by that, but just zoned it out and went up to my room. 

First thing I did was change out of my wet clothes and put on fresh ones. 

After I did, I sort of started pacing the distance of my room. I bit my thumb nail and briskly walked back and forth. 

As much as I was trying to think about Jen and Lance....I kept thinking I can go ask Elle out. 

I felt like hell. 

But I kept pacing and it occured to me that I didn't really care. No, not about Elle. But I didn't care that Jen cheated on me. Of course it bothered me, but…I wasn't hurt or devasted as Marco put it. I was just....fine. 

I felt like something had sort of been taken away...but in a good way. Like a load had been lifted off my shoulders. And it felt....ok. 

I took a breath and grabbed my keys and walet again. I pushed the door opened and started quickly down the stairs. 

"Where yah going?" Marco asked, leaning casually against the couch Jean was on. 

"Somewhere," I said without glancing at him twice. 

But I sort of already knew where I would he going. It was the only place I could count on right now. Or, should I say, the only person. 

"You're going to Ellie's aren't you?" he asked, smiling slowly. Almost bitterly. 

I turned to him. "So what if I am?"

He crossed his arms and grinned. "So nothing. Just think it's funny you're already after her."

"Shut up," I said turning away.

"Will," Jean said. "Are you ok?"

"Fine," I said shortly. 

"He will be after Ellie consoles him," Marco said, winking at me. 

"I'm leaving," I said. 

"Don't be out to late," Jean called after me. 

"Aren't you going to atleast thank me?" Marco called. 

"What for?" I asked, turning around and eyeing him suspiciously. 

"For filling you in," he said. 

I stared at him for a moment. He wanted me to thank him? For breaking me and my girlfriend up? For messing with my friendship?

But then I sort of remembered the weight that'd felt like it was lifted off of me. 

"Thank you."

I turned and I left, not before glancing at Marco's slightly surprised face and Jean's confused one. 

When I rang Elle's doorbell just a few short minutes later, I wasn't really sure what I was doing there, just like the first time I'd been there. I guess, I just wanted to know her side of this crud and maybe....just talk to her. 

"Oh, hello," her dad said when he opened the door in front of me. 

"Hey," I said, swallowing. "Um, can I talk to Ellie?"

He looked at me for second and then asked, "Is she ok?"

"What do you mean?" I asked, alarmed.

"She just seemed really....upset when we picked her up," he said. 

"Oh," I said. I shook my head. "I don't know. I just really, really need to talk to her."

He opened the door wider and said, "She's where you'd expect her to be."

I looked at him blankly for a moment before it came to me. "Right, the pool."

I walked swiftly out to the back and saw her laying there like she had been that first time I'd come to her house. But it felt different know because God knew what she was thinking about. 

I walked over and sat down on that damn rock that I had before. I pulled my sunglasses down and wasn't going to interupt her untill she noticed me. Because I wasn't in a hurry. I was taking my time with her. 

She looked about like she was thinking obviously. Her face just looked like it was calculating and going through things. And then, of course, she looked hot. Because she was in her bikini. 

She started to get closer to the rock I was sitting on and I, for some reason, felt like she was about to open her eyes. 

And this time, when she did, Ellie Harrison did not scream. 

Things could be looking up.

Ok. Tell me what you think (:

*jaMie* 

#102 <3Cheese<3

<3Cheese<3

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 514 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 08:40 PM

Hmmmm. Everyone knows this is amazing. But I want you know again. But loUder

THIS IS AMAZING!!!

(:NiC:)

#103 aprilbaby95

aprilbaby95

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 451 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 09:22 PM

oh my god!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay... I find it kinda unnerving that Will didn't freak over Jen and Lance, but, he's special, so I guess its okay.

And I find it funny he just keeps creeping on the rock!

But anyways, as always, I love it!

Update soon!!!

~sydney~

#104 livexlovexdance

livexlovexdance

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 595 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 10:05 PM

Oh my gosh!!!

That was so, so, so good! I'm really glad that at least Will wasn't that upset. Because otherwise that whole situation would totally suck...

I cannot WAIT for the next chapter!

Update soon!

#105 kylie

kylie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,329 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 02:46 PM

Woohoooo, awesome chapter!
Hehehe, I can't believe all he can think about is asking out Elle.
Gosh, he could have dumped Jen so much sooner and he'd be with Elle by now.
But I suppose that would be a pretty boring book, so I'm glad this happened instead ;)

#106 suze.angelova

suze.angelova

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 05:08 AM

That was an awesomeee chapter!!! I havent read the book in a while so I cant wait for Will and Ellie to get together!! Update soon, we all love your story!!! xoxo Susana

#107 Jcrazy

Jcrazy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 08:00 AM

Cheyenne: Ah, why thank you. You're too kind (:

Sydney: Hah. Yes that rock it calling to him! Lol. Thank you!!

Sara: Yeah, I didn't wanna make Will all depressed because in the book he dent really act like it and he doesn't seem like the kind of guy who'd let it bother him (: Thank you so much.

Kylie: I know. Guys are dumb!! Haha. But he'll figure it out. Thank you sooooo much (:

Suze: Thank you!! And I'm afrad to write the scene where they get together because I want to make it JUST RIGHT!!! Haha. But thanks again (:

Ok. So, yes, it has been a while. But, you know, it's summer and all now and that means pool and sleeping and finally my best friend (yeah, that's you Cheyenne). But I am writing the next update and it'll be up today or tomorrow hopefully (: Thank you guyzez.

:heartbeat: Jamie

#108 kylie

kylie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,329 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 02:15 PM

Yay, can't wait!

#109 Jcrazy

Jcrazy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 04:55 PM

Update as promised (:

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN!!! (:

The weirdest thing of all, I guess, is that she didn't look surprised. Ellie just looked calm and serene like she'd been expecting it. 

Which, um, it would be kind of weird to expect to open your eyes while floating in your pool and see some guy. So maybe she had just had enough suprises that day, and one more wasn't really making any difference. 

I knew she was waiting for me to say something. Just looking into her soft, brown eyes, I could sence she wasn't going to say anything untill I wanted her to. 

So I proceeded. 

"Did you know?" I asked. I swear, my voice sounded like the most clamest and toneless and emotionless voice imaginable at the moment. 

I knew she knew what I meant by the question. Could I be asking about anything other then Jen and Lance?

She looked at me for a moment, uncertaintly, but calmly, before saying, "Yes."

It shouldn't have surprised me, but I guess I was still hoping somehow that she would say she had no idea. She was just as shocked as me. But I really did know already. 

"That's why you were acting so weird last night?" I continued, in that same emotionless tone. "At the party. Outside the spare room. You knew they were in there?"

There really wasn't any need for me to phrase it like a question. I could have just as easily made it a statement, and clarified it without even her assuring me. But I had a good thing going with this girl. I wasn't going to screw it up by not letting her tell me her side of the story. 

But still, simply, she said, "Yes." Although, this time, it appeared it took a lot more effort to get the word out. Which I couldn't blame her for. 

I couldn't blame her for anything. Anyone else important for my life, I felt like I had the right to blame for something now. But she was just THERE. She was just helping me and talking to me and guiding me. She had done nothing I could hold against her or not like her for. 

She had me too far gone to describe. 

It was half her fault (a good fault here) that I didn't feel bad about the whole Jen/Lance thing. She was on my mind more than Jen and knowing I wasn't the only one in my relationship with Jen that didn't feel anything anymore.....was almost....relaxing?

Like I had felt like something was wrong before this. I knew our relationship wasn't exactly as strong as it was when it had begun. Not at all. I was....just fine. 

"It's weird," I kept going after she leaned up on her elbows. "I feel like I already knew, in a way."

Now she did look surprised. She blinked at me and said, confused, "Wait. What? Really?"

"Really," I went on. Now that it was out, I had to tell her everything it seemed like. Well, not everything. But atleast about the Jen and Lance mess. "While it was happening, I was kind of like......Oh, yeah. Sure. Of course. To tell you the truth—I kind of felt.....relieved."

I took off my sunglasses and looked at her. Really looked at her. I could see her. Well, I mean, duh I could. But I felt like she was the one person that wasn't hiding anything at all from me. No secrets. Well, one actually. From me. But I don't think she wanted to hear about how I'm completly in love with her yet. 

"That's sounds screwed up, doesn't it?" I went on, while she stared back at me. "That I felt relieved. That my girlfriend and my best friend were sneaking around together behind my back. Who would feel releived about something like that?"

She didn't say anything at first and I was guessing she'd come to her final conclusion that I was, indeed, insane. But she did continue eventually. 

"Maybe....." she started slowly, and not sure. "Maybe you felt that way because you know, deep down, that they're meant for each other. That's it...right? Lance and Jen, I mean. Don't get me wrong—she loves you, Will. Lance, too. More than anything. You can tell. But that also might be.....well, why they belong together."

She glanced at me, and when I didn't say anything—because I couldn't—she continued again. 

"Not that you and Jen didn't make a good couple," she assured me. "I mean, Jen's totally nice, and stuff. But—"

"I could never really talk to her," I interupted, getting that sh heading down a long rambling path. "Not about stuff that mattered. It was like she didn't want to hear it. Gossip and clothes and stuff. That was fine. But when it came to talking about how I felt about things—things like…well, that stuff you and I talked about, my dad, and the woods, and the widow's walk....things outside of football and school and the mall, or whatever—she just....she just didn't understand."

And she did. She was sitting her with me, and she was listening, and she didn't mind. Elle didn't mind my rambling and complex, insane life apparently. Or, atleast, she was willing to put up with it in order to be my friend.

So, not wanting to get too much more in depth then we already were, I asked her, kind of happily, all things considered, "So what are you doing for dinner tonight?"

"I don't know," she said, kind of surprised by my sudden conversation change. "I think my mom's ordering pizza."

"Do you think your parents would mind if I took you out?" I asked. "I know a place that makes a mean crab dip."

I know I had just said mean crab dip, but it really is good. 

"Um," she said slowly. "No. I don't think they'd mind."

And they didn't. So I got to go out with Elle. And, fine. It's not like it was a date. But it felt pretty damn close. 

I was laughing. And I just could not stop. 

At dinner all I had done was listen to her tell me stories and do this down right amazing imitation of the track coach. And I had not been able to stop laughing. I just couldn't. I was grinning and smiling every second I took to breath. 

I mean, she was laughing, too. Not quite as loudly and constantly. But she was always smiling. I decided her best feature was her smile, and the best sound in the world was her laugh that night. 

I was still laughing at something—don't ask what, there were too many things—while I held the door open for her at Storm Brothers icecream. 

Maybe a little too loud since quite a few people glanced over at us while I was laughing. 

"Are you having like an attack or something?" she said, turning around to look at me, and smiling. "You won't stop laughing and I haven't even said anything funny."

For some reason this only made me laugh louder as we walked over to the counter to order. 

"What can I get for you?" the girl, pretty and about nineteen, said from behind the counter, actually smiling. 

"Icecream," I said, stepping up.  

"I never would have guessed," Elle said, smiling and examining the choices. 

"I want the Moose Tracks one," I said, gesturing to it. It was what I usually got when I came here because it's so good. 

"What size?" she asked, politely. 

"The biggest one," I said, smiling. 

"So, a large?" she guessed. 

I nodded, grinning, and turned to Elle. 

"What do you want?" I asked. 

"Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough," she said smiling. 

"Small, medium, or large?" the girl asked. 

"Medium."

Ah, see medium is a good size. If a girl gets a small icecream, then it's like "please, you can eat more than that." And if they get a large, it's like "my God. Slow down, you don't have to eat the whole resturant." See, medium though, it's in the middle. Very good choice. 

We got our icecream and I insisted on paying again. I mean, I felt like I should. It was right, after everything she'd done. And of course, I'm the guy. It's polite. 

We sat down at a table next to the window and door, and started eating. 

"So tell me something else absolutly hillarious, please," I said, smiling. 

She went on to tell me about the time when she was four and she stuck a Red Hot up her nose. Ouch. I mean, why? I just laughed some more and let her go on to tell me about the time she cut her own hair. 

"Why did you cut it?" I asked, laughing. 

"I was seven. I had scissors. And I was home alone," she said. "What else was I supposed to do?"

"Put them down and walk away?" I suggested, grinning. 

"Not when you're seven, no," she said, smiling and shaking her head.  

"So how'd it turn out?" I asked, genuinely curious. 

"I looked like Russell Crowe from Galdiator," she said, shaking her head and acting dissapointed in herself. 

I laughed. And continued laughing as I asked, "What did your parents say?"

"That I would have made a very cute double for him in the movie," she said, taking a bite of her icecream. 

I laughed. "I'm sure it was very cute," I said. 

She didn't seem to catch that I'd just called her very cute, but that was OK. She kept on telling me stories and I kept on laughing and grinning like an idiot.

When we finished our icecream and left, I was getting dissapointed because I knew it was about time to take her home now and I wasn't really ready to say goodbye. 

"Well," she said as we walked to my car. "I sort of have homework to do....."

"I'll take you home," I said, catching her drift. "I've got some homework to do, too."

"Oh?" she said, glancing back up at me. "You wanna come back to my house and do it there? I get lonely easily." She smiled at me. 

"Yeah, I'd love to," I said a bit too quickly. But that's how I found myself at her house a few minutes later, working on homework at her kitchen table. 

After a little while of silence between us, her dad came in and asked if she could help get a staple out of his thumb. 

See, that struck me as odd. But she just rolled her eyes and helped him take it out. 

For some reason, the act of seeing this amazed me. It proved that parents and kids could have that relationship. It truely did exist and mine was te screwed up one. 

After she got the staple out and he thanked her and left, she shook her head and went back to her work. But I sort of kept staring at me. I mean, what I'd just wittnessed....it was like a little kid seeing Dinsey World for the first time. I was amazed. 

But then she looked up and caught me staring at her. Damn. 

"What?" she asked. "Do I have something on my face?" She lifted a hand to her face and I smiled. 

"No," I said, still smiling. "It's just...the way you are with your parents. I've never had that with anyone, let alone my dad."

"Because your dad is probably capable of stapling something without getting his thumb in the way," she pointed out. 

True, probably, I thought. But still. 

"No. It's not like that," I said. "It's the way you talk to each other. Like you—I don't know. Actually care about what happens to each other. 

She looked thoughtful and slightly annoyed I'd said that as she assured me, "Your dad cares what happens to you. Maybe not in the way you want him to. But, I mean, that's the whole reason behind him wanting you to go into the military. Because he cares about you and think that's what would be best for you."

I knew she had a point, but I also knew there was more to it that. 

"But he wouldn't think that if he'd ever bothered to get to know me," I diagreed. "If he knew me at all—if he had ever bothered to stop and talk to me on the way out to one of his millions of meetings—he'd know that I think.....well, that bending an enemy's will through military force is the absolute last way a nation ought to go about solving their problems."

I knew that was a lot to say to her, but I wanted someone to know. I wanted someone to understand. 

"Have you ever told your dad that?" she insisted. "I mean, that you feel that way? Because he might surprise you, you know."

It was nice of her to think that my dad wasn't all bad, but she hadn't spent eighteen years with him.

I shook my head. "You don't know him," I said, on the verge of angry. Not at her of course, but at my dad. 

"What about your stepmom? Do you two get along?" she asked, surprising me. 

"Jean?" I asked. "Yeah." I shrugged. 

"Well, why don't you tell her what you told me?" she offered. "Then maybe, if you can get her on your side, she can work on softening up your dad. He may not want to listen to you, but he'd probably listen to his wife, right?"

I am an idiot. For not thinking of that! I mean, jeez, I've been acting like Jean doesn't exist and my dads the only one who has a say. She should too. 

"That's a good idea," I said, gazing down at her. "I can't believe I never thought of that."

"Well, you aren't used to having two parents," she said, smiling a little and blushing for some reason. "When you've grown up with both a mom and a dad, you learn how to play one against the other. It's something of an art."

I knew she was joking sort of, but I still said, grinning, "I can't imagine your dad ever saying no to you about anything."

"He doesn't really," she admitted. "But my mom.....she's a lot tougher."

Then, I don't know what I was thinking or if I even was, but I put my hand over hers. 

"Like you," I said while she looked at my hand. 

"I'm not tough," she said. 

Lie. She was so tough. Tougher than me. She dealt with all this with grace, while my life just went crazy and out of control. 

I wasn't letting go of her hand, because once I had touched her I didn't want to let go—I never wanted to. 

"It's not a bad thing," I told her, wanting to keep up the talking so maybe holding her hand wouldn't seem so odd. "It's one of the things I like best about you, in fact. I wouldn't want to get on your bad side, though."

She didn't say the things I wanted to after that. She didn't tell me I couldn't get on her bad side if I tried, or that she would never let that happen. But that was fine. Because I was sitting there, holding her hand. And it felt good. It felt warm and I felt like I was closer to her and she understood everything at that moment and we were together. 

Not like being a couple together. But like being happy and hanging out, having fun together. And I liked that. 

A lot. 

I finally did let go of her hand, reluctantly, when neither of said anything and I was having some serious thoughts about kissing her right then. 

But I needed to lighten the mood and relax so I picked up my pencil and did what I knew was a horrible impression of Humphrey Bogart from Casablanca. 

"Elle," I said. "I think this is the beginning of a beautiful thing."

You'll notice how I didn't want to say friendship. Because I'm not so sure—actually, I'm positive—that I want this to just be a friendship. 

"Friendship," she still corrected me. "The line is—"

"Whatever," I said in that down right terrible impression voice. I tapped her paper with my pencil. "Get to work."

She was smiling why happier than I'd ever seen her as she started back on her work. 

Maybe everything would work out now, I thought. 

Or, then again, maybe not.            
(:

Ok!! Tell me what you think (:

luvvvv,
Jamie

#110 kylie

kylie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,329 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 05:06 PM

Awwe, this was so cute!
He wants her so bad! :heartbeat:

Ahha, I loved how her ice cream size was this huge reflection of her personality.
Too funny.

Update soon!

#111 livexlovexdance

livexlovexdance

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 595 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 06:05 PM

Yay! An update!!

That was so adorable! They really are perfect together! Haha he should just kiss her already!

I feel sorry for Will, though. If only his dad wasn't so narrow minded... :(

Update soon!

#112 <3Cheese<3

<3Cheese<3

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 514 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 06:59 PM

Oh beautiful Will. Go for it! Elle WILL take you!!

Love Always,
Cheyenne/Nic/Randy Jackson/Casy

#113 SakshiJain

SakshiJain

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 01:12 AM

aw...poor will...he wanted to kiss elle so badly.. xD
by the way, loved it...update soon..

#114 SakshiJain

SakshiJain

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 01:14 AM

#115 SakshiJain

SakshiJain

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 01:23 AM

#116 aprilbaby95

aprilbaby95

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 451 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 03:36 PM

Niceee :)

Update soon!

-S

#117 Jcrazy

Jcrazy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 01:26 PM

Kylie: Haha. Thank you. I felt the icecream thing was important (: lol.

Sara: Thanks! Yes, his dads dumb (: Hehe.

Cheyenne: Thank YoU!! yes, he should just kiss her....soon. Lol.

Sakshi: Thank you.....thank you.....thank you. Haha.

Sydney: Thank you bunches (:

#118 suze.angelova

suze.angelova

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 08:28 AM

Awwww!! Will is soooo cutee! I cant wait for your update, its really good! :)

Suze . <3

#119 Jcrazy

Jcrazy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 11:07 AM

Suze: Thanks!!! Will is.....ah, AMAZING! Haha. I love him. I'll try and update soon.

Luvvvv,
Jamie

Ps: check out my new story Cady and Corvan under fiction and poetry please =D

#120 kylie

kylie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,329 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 02:11 PM

I finally got to finishing Avalon High yesterday.
It was as cute as I remember it :heartbeat:

#121 Jcrazy

Jcrazy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 12:11 AM

Kylie: Awesome. I bet it was great!! Haha.

Errrrrrr.....I'm SORRY!! I haven't updated in sooo long (for me at least!). I feel bad about. So I do have an update here. If it's weird, I'm sorry. I just wrote it. It takes place just right after what happened with them in the last update since, well since I want it to :) It's fairly short and all, but I have a good idea for the next one. I hope. :) So, here ya go.
:spinstar:

Chapter Eighteen 

I didn't exactly leave right when I was done with my homework. Actually, as soon as I was done, I reached over, grabbed Elle's, and started doing logarithms since I'd done it last year.  

She protested at first, saying she should do it, but eventually she gave in and just talked to me. 

We talked about a lot of other things that night. Mainly we just talked about Jen and Lance and that whole...mess. 

I knew I couldn't hold it against them since I felt relief and like a load had been lifted off of me after I'd figured out about them. Elle agreed with me, but said that a lot of people at Avalon would be gravely disappointed to learn I wouldn't be making a big deal about it all. I only laughed at that and said I would never deprive them of their opportunity to witness some major drama between us, so I decided I'd wait a little while before forgiving them in front of everyone. 

Elle told me I should just act casual about it and say I thought it was great if anyone asked me, so that people wouldn't make it such a big deal. But I already knew everyone would. It's called high school, right?

It's not like I wasn't mad at them—Jen and Lance—a little. Of course I was. I had a right to be. But it wasn't like I was actually mad about what they'd done, just that they hadn't told me. 

Also, the sick images that kept occasionally popping up in my mind with them....? Ew. They weren't helping. 

It was about eleven and Elle and me were still sitting at the table. I'd finished her homework long ago, and we were just talking now. 

One thing I realized I liked about her was that she liked to TALK. And not about stupid drama or anything. She liked to talk to me—or at least acted like she did—and help me with the serious crud going on in my life. And I was sort of just....thankful for her. 

"You know," I said, feeling my phone vibrate in my pocket for the billionth time. I hadn't looked at it once. "This was helpful."

She laughed a little and smiled. She moved her hand from the table and tucked her dark hair behind her ear. 

"Good," she said. "I'm glad I could help."

She looked down after I smiled at her, at her homework, and said, "This doesn't look like my handwriting."

"Close enough," I said with a shrug. She laughed. 

"Kid," I heard her dad say from the door. I glanced over at him. "It's eleven o'clock. Go home already, will ya?"

Elle laughed a little. She looked at me and smiled kind of reassuringly. She knew I didn't really want to go home probably. 

"Right," I said, grabbing my backpack from the back of the chair and standing up. I stuffed my books in it as my pocket buzzed again. "Thanks, Elle. For everything." I looked at her kind of seriously for a moment while I could feel her dad looking at me sort of curiously. "I mean it."

"No problem," she said easily. "I'm glad to help." She smiled. "I'll see you tomorrow or something, Will."

"Right," I said again, smiling. I threw my backpack over my shoulder and turned to her dad. "See you tomorrow, sir."

"Night, kid," he said, leaning casually against the wall. 

I walked away and peeked back at them when I was almost at the door. He said something that she rolled her eyes to and then he laughed. I smiled kind of sadly at the sweet father-kid moment. I wanted one of those. 

I drove home, feeling my pocket buzz with my phone in it another half a million times. Really, they could have been from anyone. But I had a really good feeling they were from Lance and Jen. Don't know why on earth I would think that....not. 

When I pulled into my driveway a few minutes later, I threw my bag in the passenger seat since it just had my school stuff in it. I was smiling actually when I unlocked the door and walked in. 

At eleven at my house, Jean is usually in bed because she's one of those early risers that also needs a lot of sleep. And Marco's usually retreated to his room to do something probably obnoxious or freaky. Dad's usually catching some show on television or something in his pajamas. 

I walked in and heard the TV on and saw my dad sitting in front of it with a robe on and a beer in his hand. 

"Hey," I said, walking in front of the TV towards the kitchen. 

"Where were you?" he asked, not in the happiest tone I might add. "With Jen?"

"No," I said simply. "With Ellie."

He looked at me curiously when I turned in the kitchen entrance to face him. 

"Are you still going out with Jen...?" he asked slowly. 

"I don't think so," I said, tapping my fingers impatiently against my thigh. 

"Oh," he said slightly surprised. I guess maybe that was going to be a bit of a shocker, having been with her for two years. Gee, that sounds a lot longer than it is. 

"So, are you with this Ellie girl now?" He continued his little interrogation. 

"Not yet," I blurted out before I thought better of it. I mean, now I sounded like I thought I could just go out with her because I was Will Wagner. But she wasn't like any other girl really...she was going to take some convincing I think. 

He simply nodded at that, obviously still sort of confused and lost. Figures. 

See, I love these chats with my dad! 

Did you catch the sarcasm?

"I'm just going to bed," I said, shaking my head and starting to walk past him. 

"Are you sure you want to do that?" I heard him ask me as I neared the steps. 

I turned to face him. "Uh, yeah. I'm tired."

He rolled his eyes, which I didn't think was necessary, and said, "I meant about dating another girl right after breaking up with another one."

I wouldn't have exactly called what happened with Jen and me a break up. And I wouldn't exactly call Elle just some other girl. He knows very little about me to think he can say things like that. 

"I think," I said, wondering if maybe he was actually trying to give me fatherly advice or just being a moron. "That I can figure it out on my own what I want to do, thanks."

He looked taken back while I turned and walked quickly up the stairs to my room. 

I'd gotten eighteen years without hardly any help from that guy, I don't think I needed any help now. 

After shutting the door and kicking my shoes off, I pushed my jeans off and pulled my shirt over my head. I climbed in bed, and turned off the lamp. I closed my eyes and sighed. Long day. 

Is it possible to have the worst and best day of your life on the same day?

I was thinking about someone (guess who) when I heard my phone buzz on the floor. I tiredly pushed off the covers and reached down to the floor for my jeans. I grabbed my phone from the pocket and looked at it, half blinding me in the darkness. 

Hmm, thirty missed calls and one hundred and forty two unread text messages. 

As I scrolled through the various apologies from Jen and Lance and already the few "is it true about Jen and Lance and you?'s,'" I couldn't help but think about how sucky tomorrow was going to have to be. 

Man, I was so going to Elle's after school to do her homework again. 
:spinstar:

Tell me what you think and tell me of there's anything you want me to add to this story :).

Luv
Jamie

#122 livexlovexdance

livexlovexdance

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 595 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 12:29 AM

YAY!!!!! You have no idea how much I've missed this story!!! :hyper:

Aw, he and Ellie are so cute together! Haha I wish I could get a guy to do my math homework for me! *Jealous!*

Um... Jen cheated on him, I'm pretty sure he can do whatever he wants now... haha ;)

Update soon!

#123 SakshiJain

SakshiJain

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 05:07 AM

haha...one hundred and forty two...i would have died reading them...lolz. great timepass.. xD

just kidding..

nice chapter...:)

update soon..

#124 <3Cheese<3

<3Cheese<3

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 514 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 07:44 AM

Loved it. Beautiful.

Haha I always wondered why he did her homework for her.

Lots of text. Hope he doesn't get charged or whatever.

Update soon

:mgwave:

#125 Jcrazy

Jcrazy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 10:07 AM

Sara: Yeah I know! It'd been forever since I'd updated. I missed it too. And haha. I want someone to do my homework too. Lol. Thanks.

Sakshi: Haha. Yes, plenty of text messages!! Lol. Thank you!!

Cheyenne: Hehe. Thanks. Yeah, I wouldn't have wanted to do anyones homework. He's gotta be a special fella. Haha. I'm hoping that he has unlimited. Lol. THANKS!!

Luv
Jamie

#126 kylie

kylie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,329 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 06:30 PM

Awe, I always thought the homework thing was cute. :heartbeat:

Loved the update, the colour of the font was a little hard to read though.
More soon! :heartbeat: :D

#127 Jcrazy

Jcrazy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 07:06 PM

Kylie: Thanks you. And I'm sorry about the color!!! I didn't mean to actually pick that one!! I meant this one!! So sorry.

I'll try and update soon.

Luv
Jamie

#128 kylie

kylie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,329 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 09:22 PM

No problem (:

#129 suze.angelova

suze.angelova

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 06:35 AM

I loved it!!! It's so sweet and cute how Will likes Ellie. I havent read the book in ages, I've totally forgotten how they get together, so make it interesting in your version :P update soon :)

suzeee xx

Edited by suze.angelova, 01 July 2010 - 06:36 AM.

#130 Jcrazy

Jcrazy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 01:30 AM

Suze: Thank you :) Sooo much.
:icon_flower:

Anyways...it's been a while again but I do have an update to present you with. I just figured, there had to be an OFFICIAL breaking up speech for Jen and Will. So here is what I would imagine it'd be like.
:icon_flower:

Chapter Nineteen 

The realization that I was going to school struck me as soon as I got to school. 

It's not like I hadn't known the previous night that I would be attending school the next day, I just hadn't really thought of what school would be like. What I mean is, I hadn't expected for everyone — and I mean everyone — to know about Jen and Lance and my's situation. If you can even call it that. 

But as soon as I even stepped foot out of my car, slinging my backpack over my shoulder, I instantly knew everyone...knew. 

I could feel everybody just watching me as I walked toward the school. I didn't quite figure out what their gazes were representing until I got to the entrance of the school, but I finally realized what emotion they were portraying: Pity. 

They all felt bad for me. Which, if you think about it, is seriously messed up since I hardly at all felt the slightest bit of sorrow for myself. Of course, there was sadness that two years of being with a girl had been thrown out the window. And that my best friends lied to me. But these people looked just plain sad. It almost made me feel bad for them, how bad they felt for me. 

"Sorry, man," I heard a voice say, a hand clamping down on my shoulder behind me as I got to my locker. "I heard. Must suck. I can't believe Lance."

I turned and saw Gavin standing behind me. Really? HE cares? He hardly ever cares about anything at all. But yet, my breakup, now that is something serious. 

"I'm fine," I reassured him, my smile forced. "Really."

"Sure you are, buddy," he said, patting my shoulder and nodding solemnly. "Sure you are."

I internally rolled my eyes as I continued and added, "Really, Gavin. I'm ok with everything. And feel free to spread that around."

He shook his head yet again, gave my shoulder one final pat, and then walked off. 

So, my whole life at school has obviously taken a sudden turn for the worst. Remember how I said school was my la la land? Yeah, well now it's apparently going to be where I get pitied by people I hardly know and stared at by complete strangers and think about how I would much rather be at Elle's kitchen table doing homework for the rest of my life rather than this. 

I slammed my locker after gathering what I needed for my first class and then slammed the door shut. I turned around and jumped when I saw Haley Morgan, aka: gossip queen of Avalon, standing before me. 

"Will," she said quickly, before I had a chance to proceed and inform her I was just fine. "I know you must be going through a difficult time right now what with your current predicament." Gawd. They're making it sound like I'm gonna need some serious therapy to get through a breakup. "But I just wanted to express my most sincerest apologies and let you know I had no idea. I should have caught this sooner...I thought I knew everything going on at Avalon. How could something so huge slip through my fingers?"

"It's really ok, Haley," I jumped in, before she could go any further. "I'm fine. Really. Things happen for a reason, right?"

"Will," she said, shocked. "How could you say something after such a nasty breakup? She cheated on you and with your best friend of all people—"

"Haley," I interrupted. "I know what happened. Just...I am fine, kay?"

She looked dubious, but she simply nodded and looked away as someone called her name, providing me with an opportunity to run....

Well, ok, I didn't run exactly, but I got myself out of there and went to talk with one of the two people I knew had to be getting even more crap then me. 

So, I proceeded to walk back outside the school doors since I still had a good ten minutes until my first class, and find Jen. 

I knew she got to school about this time, so when I saw her stepping out of her car, I walked quickly over to her and stopped her before she had a chance to get whatever looks people would be delivering her. 

"Jen," I said quickly, sitting my books down on the hood of her car and glancing at her surprised face as her hand froze in mid air after she slammed her door. 

"Will...." she started slowly. 

"No, Jen," I interrupted, shaking my head. Don't ask exactly what I was doing, because I didn't really know. Just that I didn't hate her like the people at school were obviously suspecting me to, and I wanted to inform her of that. "I just need to tell you something."

"If you're going to tell me off," she said, quietly, looking down. "Can you just please make it quick?"

My heart went out for her then. She sounded so sweet and sad and depressed, that I just wanted go comfort her....

"Jen," I said more gently. "I have no intention of telling you off." She looked back up at me, surprised. "I'm...I can't believe I'm saying this....but I'm not mad at you. At all really. Or Lance...."

She sighed. "Will, of course you are. You're human and I...I cheated on you. How could you NOT be pissed?"

"I'm not," I said firmly, grabbing her arms. "I mean, Jen...it's not like we weren't sort of going downhill anyway...look, you know I love you and everything, right?"

I didn't realize until I'd said it that it was true. That I still loved her, I mean. Recently, for a while, I'd been falling out of being IN love with her...but I still loved her. Just not in such an intense way. Like a certain someone else I just might have those more intense feeling for....

"You still love me?" she asked confused. 

"Of course I still love you," I said quickly. "But...I don't think I'm in love with you, Jen. Not anymore...I know I was. For a long time. But now...everything just feels like it's changing and it's been like this for a while and we're both different, especially me, and I just don't think that we're like we used to be. Obviously."

She frowned, looking at the ground. But she nodded and said, "I know."

"And...." I continued, wanting to try my best to fix this situation as soon as possible. "I'm fine with it." She looked at me confused and I added, "With you and Lance...you two can do whatever you want." She looked almost shocked so I said, "You'll make a good couple, don't worry. I have proof."

And that proof was Elle telling me they were like meant to be together the night before. 

"Will," Jen said in a pained voice. "You don't have to be so nice about this...."

"But I do," I interrupted again. "I'm not mad Jen." I stepped closer to her. "I don't want to just ruin all of our friendships over this. I want to fix it all. And I know it's not about to all go back to normal, but eventually I want it to. Do you think we could try that?"

She was speechless for a minute before she said quietly, "We can try...I just...don't know what I'm doing, Will."

Awkward as it was, I hugged her for a moment before releasing her and saying, "Things will get better. You know they will, right? I'm not about to give up on a lifetime of friendship."

She took a soothing breath then said, "Ok. Will, I'm so sorry though. I was so stupid and thoughtless and if I could take it back, I would never hurt you like that again."

"Try not to worry about it," I told her gently. "And...be prepared. Inside the schools kind of like...what I imagined being an animal at the zoo would be like."

She let out a shaky breath and said, "Thank you. I'll keep that in mind."

All that was going through my mind was how I think that, our official breaking up conversation, was the most honest and open conversation I'd ever had with Jen. 

Ok...I wanna know what you think so tell me.

Luv
Jamie

#131 livexlovexdance

livexlovexdance

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 595 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 02:02 AM

YAY!!!! You updated! :D

Will is really taking this well! I wish the people at their school would just leave them alone and let them all live their lives. Pity just makes everything worse...

Update soon!

#132 kylie

kylie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,329 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 12:04 PM

Yees! I missed this!

This update was cute. Will is so nice! Kinda sad that that conversation was the most honest one they ever had. But who cares! He was meant to be with Elle :)

Update soon! :heartbeat:

#133 suze.angelova

suze.angelova

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 09:20 AM

yay finally an update :) ohhh will is soo nice, and its not really jens fault anyway that she liked lance, they are meant to be. at least will has ellie :) i cant wait for the next update, pleaseee update soon :)

suzeeee  <3

#134 Jcrazy

Jcrazy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 07:07 PM

Sara- thanks! Yeah, I never recalled Will being that upset in the book, so I didn't want to change that :) Thank you.

Kylie- THANKS! haha yeah I hadn't updated in a while sorry :) Yesss Ellie is his....haha.

Suze- thank you! Haha. I like the way everything plays out in the end. :)

I'll try my best to update soon. You guys know I'm writing Cady and Corvan since y'all read that too :)

Luv
Jamie

#135 <3Cheese<3

<3Cheese<3

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 514 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 08:05 AM

I'm completely speechless. It was spectacular.

Luvv,
Cheyenne

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users