• Please log in to reply
220 replies to this topic

#46 <3Cheese<3

<3Cheese<3

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 514 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 10:48 AM

Ohmyfreak James!! I absolutly love your story! I can't wait for the next update!!! :hyper: I'm soooooo serious!!

I love the part when Will is all like "GET PUT PERVERTED THOUGHTS!!" that made me lmelo til the cows came home!! Hahaha

anyways I absolutly love this. Please update. SOOOOOON!!

<- Cheyenne ->

#47 <3Cheese<3

<3Cheese<3

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 514 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 10:54 AM

let me be the first too say..........

HAPPY PAGE TWO!

#48 Jcrazy

Jcrazy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 05:31 PM

Kylie: I know the feeling. Lol. Thanks. :)

Sara: Thank you sooo much! Yeah I liked making him protective. Haha. It was cute. :)

Liberty: THANKS!! i made your day?! Oh well that comment made mine! Hehe.

Cheyenne: Thanks dude!! I luved that line too. My fav by far :) And yes! PAGE TWO!! Wooooo!
:)

mmkay guys so I know you wanna see the party scene.....and I don't wanna torture you so hur yah go! It's long for me. <3

CHAPTER TEN MAN!!

"WE WON!" Lance yelled nearly attacking me from where I was standing and talking to Jen and Cody Noble and Juliana Abbot (Juliana was one of Jen's best friends and Cody was her boyfriend so I always ended up with them sometimes) and a bunch of other people. 

I laughed. "No duh, man. I was there. And you didn't have to attack that guy! We could have won without injuring a player!"

"Aw, but where's the fun in that?" he asked putting his arm around two random girls that were standing near us. He looked at them and said, "Well hello. Would you ladies like to go for a swim?"

They laughed and he took that as a yes I'm guessing since he dragged them to the pool. When I looked at Jen, smiling, I noticed she was looking after them strangley. 

"What?" I asked putting my arm around her. "What are you looking at?"

She shook her head and looked at me, "Nothing." She smiled. "So do you remember this bathing suit?"

"Yeah," I laughed. Remembering when we'd bought it. "You look great, Jen," I said looking her up and down. And she did. It was a new white tankini (is it weird that I know what a tankini is? I've been shopping with her so many times I could also tell you what a cami is and the best place to buy bedazzled Rainbows. Plus I can curl someones hair with a straightner. Yeah, I should stop. This isn't sounding so good on my part) that I'd went with her to buy. And it looked very VERY good on her.

"Thanks," she said with a smile. She looked down. "Not too showy?"

Extreamly showy, but nothing that would bother me. 

"It looks great," I said. 

And then I looked behind her. And I saw something that looked even greater. And I felt extreamly guilty for looking at Elle the way I was. 

But really. Elle in a skirt is a sight to see. 

"Oh, I see Kara!" Jen said happily. "I'll be right back, Will."

Jen ran off to one of her many other friends and a lot more people came over to talk to me. I did so, reguraly pitching into the conversation and keeping an eye on Elle as she said hey to my dad with the two friends I'd told her she could bring. Finally, after my crowd had dwindled down a little, I excused myself and practically ran over to where she was standing. I saw Cavalier practically attacking her (I love her and all, but my dog is way too touchy) and smiled ever more. 

"You came!" I said excitedly. Well duh! Man, do I state the obvious or what?

"Yes," she said smiling as Cav switched her attention to me. "Thanks for inviting me. These are my friends Stacey and Liz."

"Hi," I said barely glancing at them. Yeah, rude but I probably only had a couple moments with Elle. I was going to use them. 

"I see Cavalier found you," I said with a smile. "She must like you."

"She has nice manners," she said. 

I smiled more. Was I ever going to stop?

"So are you guys gonna swim?" I asked, because it was the only thing I could think of before I blurted out something stupid to Elle. 

"We didn't bring suits," one of her friends said absently. 

"Oh, we have plenty of spares. Over in the pool house. Help yourselves," I said. 

I really, really, really did want Elle to put a bathing suit on. But her skirt really was suffice for me I guess. 

When they didn't really say anything to me- why would they? I wasn't saying anything beneficial or funny or important- I just looked back at Elle and said, "Have fun. I have to go do, you know. The host thing."

"Sure," Elle said. She didn't even sound dissapointed the slightest bit, as I turned around and went saw Marco talking to some of the guys. 

I shook my head a little, patting Cav at my side. Think about something else, I told myself. Just relax and talk to people. 

And so I did. I went up and said hey to Marco and the guys. We talked for about twenty minutes about whatever. Football, some girls, and let Marco pitch in to say a rude joke that everyone else that was kind of funny every once in a while. 

Then Jen came up to me and I hung out with her for a while. Being around her made it easier to not think about Elle. But still, I found myself looking over at her everyone now and then. And comparing her to Jen. And she always won. 

Even holding Jen's hand, even leaning down to freaking kiss her one time, didn't make me stop thinking about her. 

Yup. I've reached rock bottom. 

"I'm going to go...put some lipstick on," Jen said looking up at me when we were talking to Ben and Rachel.  

"Oh. Sure. Ok," I said looking down at her hand I'd been holding onto like a grenade ready to explode if I didn't hold it down. 

I let go. No explosion. Phew. 

She walked away and I was stuck in ackward conversation with Ben and Rachel. That is untill Kylie, Amy, Sara and Liberty came over and rescued me about ten minutes later. They were friends of Jen's (who wasn't really?), probably her best friends beside Juliana. 

"Will!" they said smiling. "Can we talk to you?"

"Sure ladies," I said. I looked at Ben and Rachel. "Sorry guys. I'll talk to you later."

They nodded and the girls dragged me off. 

"Thank you, thank you, thank you," I said smiling gratefully at them. 

"No problem," Liberty said with a shrug. 

"But we actually did want to ask you something," Amy said smiling. 

"Oh. Ok. What?" I asked looking between the four. 

"Where is Jen?" Sara asked. "We haven't seen her all night except when she was talking to you."

"Lipstick," I said smiling. "She went to put some more on I guess."

"Ah," Kylie said. "But we checked the bathrooms. Where else would she be?"

"I don't know," I said, not really caring. I mean, she could put on her makeup anywhere. I'd seen her do it in the car and in gym class and during a football game. She was probably putting it on by the pool for all I know. I wouldn't be surprised. 

But to be polite and all, I said, "I'll go find her, ladies. No worries."

They smiled at me and said all together, I swear it almost sounded practiced, "Thanks Will hun!"

Chicks. Geez. 

I went upstairs, thinking they probably didn't check my bathroom, which is the one Jen usaully uses. But then I remembered that she also uses the one in the guest room a lot because she likes the soap (don't ask). And since it was closer I decided to go to that one out of pure laziness. But when I stepped onto the top stair I sort of saw her. 

No not her. Not Jen. HER. Elle. 

Was she trying to ruin my life? 

No, she made it a billion times better. But in a way in which it came crashing down at the same time. 

Casual. Calm. Cool, I told myslef. I did not need to go all crazy right now around people of all times. 

But then I looked around and...no one was up here. She was just standing against the wall opposite the bedroom I was going to go in with the bathroom looking kind of strange.

"Oh, hey, Elle," I said to her, remembering the three C's (casual, calm, cool). 

"Hi," she said, but she looked sort of distant. 

Ignoring that for a moment, I asked her, "Have you seen Jen? Someone said they saw her come up her."

"Jen?" she echoed quietly. Her eyes wondered over to the guest bedroom door. Then she looked quickly away. "Um...."

She wasn't saying anything and I could tell she didn't look so good. Well, actually, she looked freaking fantastic, but I meant she looked sick. Or panicked or something not Elle-like.

She looked like she was having some major issues going on in her head, her facial expression changing every few seconds. 

Finally I just said, "Are you alright, Elle? You look sort of....pale."

I hesitated before the last word because, well, she was a teenaged girl even if she acted like some sort of skillful hillarious guru. And most girls get offended if you tell them they look bad. Which she didn't, just sort of sickened. 

"I'm fine," she lied. I could so easily tell it was a lie. Hmm, the first lie she ever told me. Atleast, I guessed so. I suppose she could have lied to me before. But seeing how bad of a liar she was right then, I doubted it. 

"You're NOT fine," I said firmly. "Come on. Fresh air time."

I took her hand and she didn't even protest. She let me hold it (not to sound like a girl-but I WAS HOLDING HER HAND!) and I started to pull her to the door heading out to the steep stairway that led up to the widows walk on top of the house which is just like this sort of deck like thing. It's probably my favorite place in that house. The view of the bay was amazing and the bridge that went over it. 

It was quiet too. No party music or screaming teenagers acting drunk even though I had a thing against alcohol. 

She leaned against the railing and looked out at the view. She looked kind of amazed by it. 

"Better?" I asked. She really did look a lot better. 

She nodded and looked around. Then asked brightly, considering how she sounded a moment ago, "So what IS this thing, anyway?"

Figuring she meant the widow's walk, I pushed all thoughts about finding a certain someone out if my mind, and joined her at the railing to say with a grin, "You really aren't from around here, are you? They call it a widow's walk. All the old houses around here have them. People like to say they were built for the wives of sailors so they could come out and and watch for their husbands' ships to return."

"Nice," she said sarcastically. Well, atleast she understood! When I had tried to explain that to Jen and Lance, they had just looked at me like I'd spoken a foreign language or something. I had to explain in depth about how if their husband didn't come back then that would make them a widow.

I laughed. "Well, yeah. But that's not really what they were for. They were built so people could climb up her and put out the flames if their roof caught fire, back when they had to use their chimneys for heat and cooking and everything."

"Nice!" she said sounding even more sarcastic then before. 

I smiled again. "Yeah. I guess they should change the name." I shrugged. "The views the same, no matter what they call it."

"It's nice. Soothing," she said calmly. 

"Yeah," I said. No one ever got this sort of stuff with me so I was taking advantage of it. "I never get tired of it. It's the one thing that always seems to stay the same. The water, I mean. The color changes. Sometimes it's flat. Sometimes there's chop. But it's always there. You can depend on it."

She didn't say anything. She didn't half to. She was there. 

But then she threw me off when she asked suddenly, "Do you miss her?"

I looked at her curiously. "Who?"

"Your mom, I mean. Your, um, real mom," she said bluntly. 

I'd never told her anything about my parents situation. She didn't really have anyway of knowing that unless....well unless she'd talked to someone else about me. 

"My mom?" I asked squinting at the bay. Even if it was nice for me that she had asked someone about me, it still was an ackward subject. "No, not at all. I never knew her. She died when I was born."

"Oh," she said quietly. Well, what else could she say?

"It's okay," I said grinning at her, reassuring her that I wasn't sad about it or anything. "You can't miss what you never had."

Which, sometimes I wonder if that's actually true. Even though I never really had a mom, it's not like I still didn't sometimes wish I did. But that's not really misssing. It's hopeless wishing.

"I guess," she said. "Do you like-" insert ackwardish pause here. "-Marco's mom?"

She had to have asked about me.  

"Jean?" I asked nodding. "Yeah. I like her a lot."

And I did. She was a good women and nice and caring and compassionate considering the life she'd had and the things she'd gone through. 

"Well, that's good. And Marco?" she asked. 

I am no longer the stalker in this friendship. That position has officially been handed down to Elle.

"Yeah," I said, unable to any longer hold back a grin. "How'd you know about Marco and Jean? Have you been asking around about me or something?"

It was kind of a deceptive thing to say considering someone could have willingly told her all that information without her asking. 

But she still said, "Maybe," and I could sort of see her blushing even in the darkness. 

"Marco's cool," I said simply with a shrug. "He...he didn't have a lot, growing up. He's been in some trouble. But I think he's starting to chill a little."

"He and your dad get along?" She said it casually, but you could tell she really wanted to know. 

I looked down at her thoughtfully.

"You know," I said after a moment of thought. "I think they do. It's different for Marco. I mean, he's not related to my dad. So there isn't the same....pressure between him and Marco as there is between him and me."

"So I guess that's what you meant," she said. "when you were talking about things being weird. About Marco and your dad and stepmom and....what happened with them, and everthing?"

She forgot to say herself. But she was the only exception to being in the bad section of it. She sort of made it worth it. 

But I still....I knew her. I knew I knew her. I had known her before. I had met her somewhere else...

...but then again, I hadn't.

Like so many other things, she seemed familiar. And I couldn't figure out from where. 

"I guess that's part of it," I said avoiding her gaze and looking toward the water. "But it doesn't explain everything. It doesn't explain...."

I looked back down at her. It doesn't explain why I love her so much it makes me go absolutly insane or why everything was a wreck if it didn't have to do with her. Or how I wanted her so bad. She was the most addictive person ever. I hated not having her around. I wanted her, not Jen. 

And I didn't know what to do about it. 

"It doesn't explain what's going on with you and me," I said simply. 

And I meant that both ways. I meant it in the I-know-you-from-somewhere-but-I-don't-know-where way and the I love you to death way.

But she didn't say anything. She just looked at me sort of surprised and confused. And I couldn't blame her. Hell, I'd never be able to blame her for anything. 

"Do you ever get the feeling this can't be it?" I asked quickly before she said anything, looking from her gaze back to the bay. 

It took her a moment to say, "Um...what?"

I guess I was being a little mysterious and unclear but I was getting impatient. 

"You know," I said looking back at her, wanting her to get it. "Don't you ever wonder if there's something...more? That we're supposed to be doing?"

"Um," she said cluelessly. "Sure. Isn't that how we're supposed to feel? Otherwise we'd never move out. We'd all just live with our parents untill we died."

Ok, that was hillarious and I did laugh a little, but I still was curious. 

"That's not what I meant exactly," I said quickly. "Do you ever think that this isn't the first time you've been alive? Like that you might have done all of this- only as someone else- before?"

"Um, not really," she said confused. As much as I admired her honesty, it wasn't exactly what I wanted to hear. 

"Never?" I asked impatiently, running a hand through my hair. "You've never had the feeling you've been somewhere before-somewhere you know you've never been? Or read something that you know you'd never seen before that moment, but that felt familiar anyway? Heard a piece of music you could swear you've hear sometime in the past, but that you know you couldn't have?"

"Well," she said. She looked serious yet sort of distant, like her mind might be elsewhere. "Sure. But there's a name for that. It's called déjà vu. It's a totally common-"

"I'm not talking about déjà vu," I interupted, feeling like she had to understand for some reason. Maybe because she had understood everything else. "I'm talking about knowing you've met someone before-even though there's no possible way you could have met before. That kind of thing. Don't you feel it?" Please say yes. "That there's...there's something....something between us?"

She stared at me looking utterly confused and completly at lost for words. Maybe that was too much to lay on someone. But it kind of seemed like she HAD to feel the same way. I wanted her to have the same crazy thoughts about me that I had about her going around in her head. 

But she just kept staring at me and I finally shook my head. 

"Listen to me," I said. "Maybe Lance and Jen are right and I really am going nuts."

She looked kind of surprised by that and assured me, "You're not going nuts. Things...things have been weird for me, too, lately. But I just thought-I mean, I just figured it's a normal part of being a teenager or whatever. 

I never really thought of myself as being a teenager. That word never worked for me. I was a person. And I was young. But I wasn't dumb. 

"I don't know," I said doubtfully. "I thought teenagers were supposed to think they know everything. And I've never been more sure in my life that I know nothing at all."

This was one of those melodramatic moments. Untill she said what she said next.

"Oh. Well that's probably just a symtom of the massive brain tumor you've got growing inside your head, the one no one's told you about yet."

For a moment I just stared at her. I mean, really? She could really just say that right now?

Wow. Even more amazing then I thought. 

Then I threw my head back and laughed like crazy untill Elle finally joined in. 

And we really didn't stop for a while. Atleast not untill a sudden breeze blew around us and her hair flying everywhere. 

She reached up and was going to brush it out of her eyes, but I got to her first. 

I couldn't breath. 

I pushed it out of her face and left my hand there. 

"You're all right, Ellie Harrison," I said softly. My voice shook. It was obvious. But I didn't care. "And, you know, I think I'd like you even if I wasn't sure I'd already met you in a past life and liked you then."

I didn't know what would have happened. Actually, I'm pretty sure the only thing I could have done would have been to kiss her. It would have been what I wanted to. 

But then the worst thing possible had to happen.

mmkay we all know it's not the worst thing but I liked that as the ending of this chapter. So there yah go. Comments pleaZe!

-jamiE :)

#49 <3Cheese<3

<3Cheese<3

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 514 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 06:04 PM

OHMYFREAK JAMES!!!! BEASTLY!
I
I L
I LO
I LOV
I LOVE
I LOVE T
I LOVE TH
I LOVE THI
I LOVE THIS
I LOVE THI
I LOVE TH
I LOVE T
I LOV
I LO
I L
I

C
CO
CON
CONT
CONTI
CONTINU
CONTINUE
CONTINU
CONTIN
CONTI
CONT
CON
CO
C

PPPLLLEEEAAASSSEEE!!! PPPLLLEEEAAASSSEEE!!

-Cheyenne

#50 kylie

kylie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,329 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 06:07 PM

AWESOME update ! :heartbeat:
I kinda forget what happens though.. I read it so long ago!
Anyways, I'm excited!
Although, I really wish boys weren't so dumb. I mean, break up with your girlfriend buddy! You are crazy in love with another girl! You are thinking of her when you kiss someone else! Talk about slimy.

Eh, at least he gets it right in the end. :P :heartbeat:

#51 x--JinxedAngel

x--JinxedAngel

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 4,405 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 05:00 PM

WILLLLLL <3

That was a lovely update, as usual. 'nuff said. (:

-Amy

#52 Anshi

Anshi

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 959 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 06:29 AM

he he he
first micheal moscovitz
then A.WILLAM WAGNER

then jacob black
then damon salvatore
and then AGAIN A.WILLIAM WAGNER

my life is soo over

awsome update !!!! jamie i want to give u a big bear hug

ok ok thats what happens when i have choco cake for breakfast

UPDATE SOON !!!!!!!!

-Anshi/Liberty

#53 kylie

kylie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,329 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 02:59 PM

Update VERY VERY soon (:
pretty please :heartbeat:

#54 Anshi

Anshi

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 959 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 08:19 AM

UPDATE SOON !!!!

nuf said

#55 Jcrazy

Jcrazy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 09:00 AM

Cheyenne: Thanks!! Hehe. I will continue! Very very soon!

Kylie: I know right? Idiot guys. Lol. But he'll figure it out. ;) THANK YOU!

Amy: haha. Thank you soooo much :D

Liberty: Hah. Sooo agree with you. Lol. Thank you.

Ok guyzez!! I have an update! Now I'm thinking about adding in a scene that I made up after this update. Something to do with Jen and Will before they go sailing? Just for fun. Hehe. Tell me if you think that's a good idea.....

Bare in mind this is extreamly unedited and all.....just wrote it five minutes ago. Lol. Hur yah go!!

CHAPTER ELEVEN AMIGOS!!

Well, I guess if you think about it, worse things could have happened. A meteorite could have perhaps fallen from the sky and smashed us both dead. We could have fallen over the edge of the railing, rolled to the road, and been run over in an equally tramactic way of dying. 

But, truely, what happened next, felt like the worst thing at the time. 

First that stupid cloud blocked the moon, demolishing the light we had to see by. Then, the door opened and the light from outside came flooding in, along with the sounds of Cav running up towards us and someone else with her. Marco. Really, Marco of all people? 

"There you are," Marco said annoyed when he saw us. I jerked my hand away from Elle's hair as fast as possible, but I knew he'd noticed even as I leaned down to pat Cav on the head. "I've been looking everywhere for you. I wouldn't have found you if it hadn't of been for that damned dog. Didn't you hear her barking?"

No. It hadn't exactly been on my mind at the moment....

I stood up straighter and said, "No," as clamly as possible. It sounded good, even to my own ears. So I was pretty content I didn't sound like a freaking emotional wreck. "Why? What's up?"

I avoided sort of looking at Elle. I mean what the HELL was I about to do? I was going to kiss her....aw, crud. What is wrong with me?

"I need to find Jen. Her car is blocking one of the neighbors' driveways," Marco said. 

Jen?

I shook my head. Ok focus. Jen......? Nope, doesn't ring a bell. 

"What?" I asked. "Jen?"

Then, you know, it hit me. JEN. That girl I'd been dating for two years. Right. Oops. 

"Yeah," Marco said looking at Elle. Like he was examining her. "I thought Jen'd be with you."

"I haven't seen Jen since she went to put on lipstick half an hour ago," I said simply. 

"Well, she's got to move her car. Mrs. Hewlitt's blocked in and is threatning to call the cops," he said, looking at us a little strangely.

I swore quietly. Could this night get any more stressful. 

I looked back up at Elle and said apoligectically, "Sorry, Elle. I have to go find her."

And she didn't seem to mind at ALL as she said quickly, like she wanted to get out of there, "That's fine. I should go, anyway. Liz and Stacey are probably wondering where went."

I had no clue who she was talkinh about and didn't realize untill lager when I thought back on it that she was talking about her friends she's brought. But I just said, confused, "Oh, right. Well, come on. I'll walk you out."

We all walked up the stairs. Me followed by Cav, then Elle, then Marco. When we were about half way up Marco said to me, "Aren't you going to introduce me to your friend?"

"Oh, sorry," I said, though I didn't feel it at all. "Elaine Harrison, my stepbrother, Marco Campbell. Marco, this is Ellie."

"Hi," I heard Elle say behind me, to Marco, as we climbed the final stairs and entered the hallway finally. 

"Pleased to make your acquaintance, Elaine," he said. (Don't even ask. I don't know what's wrong with him. He's certifiably crazy, I'd say.)

"I think someone said they saw Jen go in there," Marco added, nodding over to the guest room I was going to check earlier before....well, before. 

"Oh, great," I said even though I found nothing great about it. 

I put my hand on the doorknob, but was stopped when Elle suddenly said loudly, "No, wait!"

I looked over at her confused, and do did Cav. Marco did too but I couldn't see his expression. 

"W-wasn't that just her?" Elle said, in a rush. 

"Where?" I asked, as she glanced at my hand. She was acting completly different then she had a few moments ago....which was to be expected I guess. 

"Wasn't that her just now, calling you?" she asked. Was there something wrong with my hearing? I mean, seriously. First I don't hear Cav, then Jen? Wow. 

Elle rushed over to the top of the staircase and called, "He'll be right there."

She glanced back at me, a weird expression across her face as she said, "She's downstairs

"Oh," I said dropping my hand from the doorknob and watching an odd expression of relief spread across his face. "Great. Well. See you around."

Because I needed to get away before I went completly insane. 

I had started down the first few stairs, staring straight ahead, untill I heard Marco call, "Will, why don't you invite Elaine to come sailing with us tomorrow?"

Ok, first of all, the fact that Marco might be coming with us was still in discussion. Ever since he'd heard the day before, he'd wanted to come with us and I guessed now he'd concluded himself that he was. And also, it might be a little weird on the boat with Elle....but still....it's Elle...

So I found myself saying, "Oh, hey, that's a great idea." I looked back at them. "Do you like sailing, Elle?"

"Uh, I don't know," she said confused. "I've never been. We don't sail much, back in Minnesota."

That's understandable. 

"Oh, you'll love it," Marco said, surprising me. "Won't she, Will?"

"Yeah, you will," I said, suddenly kind of excited about the idea. Even though, in the back of my mind, I knew it might not be the best idea. "Meet us by the Alex Haley statue at the city dock tomorrow at noon. You know where that is?" She nodded. "Great, see you then."

Then I left quickly, before she could say anything else and hurried down the stairs. 

When I got to the bottom I expected to see Jen right there, right away. But I didn't. I looked over the crowded, loud room but still didn't see any trace of her. 

"Did you find her?" I heard one of the girls, Kylie, say behind me. 

I turned around an shrugged. The rest of the girls with her pouted and sighed. 

"Jen is never gone this long," Amy said, bouncing around. 

We looked around for a few minutes, me slightly panicking since I did not want Mrs. Hewlitt to call the cops. She was the craziest old lady, but she was serious and smart. 

Five minutes of looking later I finally felt someones hand on my shoulder. I spun around and saw Jen. Behind her I saw Elle leaving through the door and my gaze strayed there for a moment untill Jen said, "Hey!"

"Where were you?" I asked quickly. "Your car's parked in front of-"

"I was talking to my mom on the phone," she said swiftly. "And Marco told me. And my cars parked in your driveway, Will. I don't know what he was talking about."

I looked down at her confused for a moment untill walking over to a window at the front of the house and looking towards the Hewlitt driveway. No cars blocking the way at all. 

I looked back at Jen who'd followed me. "Oh," I said simply, confused. 

"Whatever," Jen said. "Maybe someone was there and they did move."

Maybe she was right. But I had a feeling she was wrong, for some reason. 

Whatever the reason, I let it go. I think I decided I needed to stop questioning all this crap in my life. 

It's too confusing.  

Ok!!! Tell me what you think lovely people!!

#56 <3Cheese<3

<3Cheese<3

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 514 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 09:11 AM

One word: AmAzing

:hyper: Cheyenne

#57 livexlovexdance

livexlovexdance

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 595 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 01:20 PM

Yay! Awesome chapters!

The more I read about Will, the more I like him! He seems like the perfect guy! Too bad he's fictional... :icon_mecry2:

Update soon!

:heartbeat: Sara

Edited by livexlovexdance, 22 May 2010 - 01:21 PM.

#58 kylie

kylie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,329 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 02:38 PM

Hehehe, I love that my name is in the story (:

Awesome update :heartbeat:
more soon!

#59 <3Cheese<3

<3Cheese<3

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 514 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 12:06 PM

Hurry up and update chick!!

:hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

:love7: ChEYeNnE

#60 Anshi

Anshi

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 959 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 12:17 PM

i dont actually have words for it

LAMO

I shook my head. Ok focus. Jen......? Nope, doesn't ring a bell.

lol forget much

i still hate marco more than anything for two simple reasons
1. for interupting them
2. for being such a scumbag and a creepo and a pedo and a douchebag........... i think you get my drift

it would be an honor if i could make him cry Mr. i -like to kill my brother- scratch that half brother

#61 Jcrazy

Jcrazy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 06:12 PM

Cheyenne: Thanks man. You rock.

Sara: Yeah, I know! Will's amazing......hehe. Thank you!

Kylie: Hey someone noticed their name was in the story! Haha. I put all you guyzez names in the story!!! Hehe. Thank you.

Anshi: Yeah, I like that line too! Thanks. And yeah....stupid Marco.

Ok. So update? Well, this didn't happen in the story and it's completly made up so....I hope you like.

CHAPTER TWELVE DUDE!

Top ten way to tell if you're in love <3
1. You’re in love if you think about them all of the time.
2. You’re in love if everything reminds you of them.
3. You’re in love if you care more about their safety and happiness than you do about your own.
4. You’re in love if you start caring more about your own appearance.
5. You’re in love if you’re actually interested in knowing more about them.
6. You’re in love if you want to impress them.
7. You’re in love if you aren’t as tight with your money or time anymore.
8. You’re in love if hanging out with your friends just isn’t as appealing any more.
9. You’re in love if commitment is actually starting to sound like something you could stand.
10. You’re in love if you just aren’t noticing other members of the opposite sex.

I stared at the screen of my laptop. Oh, crud. 

Because those discriptions did not exactly fit Jen. Yeah, they fit her.

Cav jumped up on my bed next to me and came up to my side. 

"So you like Elle or Jen better, girl?" I asked, scratching behind her ears the way she likes.

She dug her head into my bare side and sniffed. Somehow I decided that meant Elle. 

I sighed and closed my laptop, laying it on the nightstand next to my bed. I glanced at the clock. It was past midnight and I really should have been sleeping so I would be completly concious for sailing and all tomorrow, but I had so many stupid thoughts rolling around in my mind so I just had about given up. 

"So would you hate me if I went out with Elle instead of Jen?" I asked Cavalier. Man, I was desperate asking a dog. But she wouldn't tell anyone so she was the best bet. 

She just blinked her eyes and licked my hand. 

I started to reach over to turn my lamp off, but then the door opened. 

"Did I just hear you talking to a dog?" Dad asked, peaking in. Behind him I could see Jean. Really, y'all are still up?Aren't old people supposed to go to bed early?

"Maybe," I said, hopping he hadn't heard exactly what I'd said, and pulling my covers up to cover up my boxers atleast. I mean, hello? Nearly naked here.  

"Are you OK?" he asked, Marco appearing behind him. 

"Fine," I said sighing. "I'm about to go to sleep so...."

"Yeah, we're going sailing tomorrow," Marco said to Jean, who apparently had asked something about it to him. 

"Who is 'we'?" Dad asked, leaning against the doorframe with his arms crossed. 

"Me, Marco, Lance, Jen, and Ellie, so if you wouldn't mind I'd like to-"

"Who's Ellie?" Dad asked, looking at me curiously. 

"I met her I think," Jean said, smiling a little. "She was nice. Actually polite."

"Yeah, she's new here sorda," I sighed, wishing for them to leave. 

"Is she going out with Lance or something?" Jean asked, curiously. 

"God, no!" I said, a little too defensively. And loudly. 

Look, sorry. But never in a million years would I even allow them to go out. That would be insane. 

"I mean, why do you say that?" I asked, calmer even though now they were looking at me strangely and Marco was almost laughing. 

Jean shrugged. "I just heard her ask someone where she was."

"Oh," I said faintly. Oh, shoooooot. No, I won't even allow that to happen. But then again, how would I stop them....? I'd think of something because no way in HELL-

"She is not going out with Lance! God," Marco said, laughing. "She's smarter then that! You can tell that from five seconds with the girl....which is actually kind of strange....considering who she's supposed to be and all...."

I looked at him strangely. We all did. These were the moment we let pass without question. Marco was just weird and we'd all learned to deal with it. 

"No, she's not," I clarified, looking back at Jean. "She wouldn't..." Right? Yeah, right.

"Oh, ok," Jean said, probably confused as to why it mattered. 

"Whatever," Dad said. "So you're going sailing? You don't have any homework to do....?"

I sighed internally. ALL he wanted was for me to constantly work so I could get in the Academy. I was, so just be quiet and wait so you can get what you want. 

"Yeah, I do," I said. "But not that much. I can get it done before Monday."

"Yeah, but you should probably go ahead and get it done."

"I will," I said harshly. "But it's past midnight and I'm tired so I'm going to bed."

Jean was smart. She said, "Oh, sorry, Will. Night."

And Marco, just yawned an walked away. 

But Dad...wow. He needs to take a chill pill. I know a guy who can get you some Dad...nah, just kidding. But really. He needs to calm down. Considering the next thing he said had to do with his favorite subject: the Academy.

"You need to get all your school stuff done before you do anything else. If you want to get into the Academy then make sure...."

"Dad," I said firmly. "Can't I...can't I keep my options open? I mean, like for school and all?"

He looked at me like I'd just spoken another language. 

"What?" he asked, confused. 

"I mean...." I sighed. "Never mind. Just...I'll do it in the morning. Good night."

He looked at me strangely and then turned around and forgot to close th door. 

"Daaaaad," I called. "Can you close the door?"

I heard him sigh then he came back slowly and closed it firmly. 

He left, I sighed again, turned off my lamp, patted Cav, and whispered, "Yeah, love you too, Dad."

Ok! So comments....?

#62 <3Cheese<3

<3Cheese<3

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 514 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 06:19 PM

TOO SHORT!! BUT WONDERFUL!! CONTINUE MY DEAREST FRIEND!!

LOVE,
YOUR FELLOW READER,
AND WRITER,
CHEYENNE

#63 kylie

kylie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,329 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 08:19 PM

He's so in love!
And defensive! I love it :heartbeat:

Update soon :)

#64 livexlovexdance

livexlovexdance

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 595 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 10:47 AM

Awesome chapter!

It's so cute how defensive he gets of her! LOVE it! :D

Update soon!

#65 aprilbaby95

aprilbaby95

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 451 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 04:01 PM

Avalon High was the first Meg Cabot book I ever read. It was sooo good. So now, I can't wait to read this all!

Update soon please!

~sydney~

#66 x--JinxedAngel

x--JinxedAngel

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 4,405 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 02:21 PM

Nicee. I felt sorry for Will at the end of the last update. I wonder if his dad heard him. :/ And the whole list of things that tell you you're in love was funny. Haha. xD

-Amy

#67 Anshi

Anshi

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 959 posts

Posted 29 May 2010 - 11:29 AM

I really feel sorry for will in the end and i can't begin to thank god that he gave me my parents and not someone like him

ohhh me likey how he is all defensive about her
seesh sailing is going to be heck more than what he expected

#68 kylie

kylie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,329 posts

Posted 29 May 2010 - 11:58 AM

Ahh, I'm freaking out, even though it's only been a few days!
I need more! :D

#69 <3Cheese<3

<3Cheese<3

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 514 posts

Posted 29 May 2010 - 12:12 PM

Hurry up and update chick!! we alllllll crave Will<3<3 :heartbeat: :heartbeat:

Love,
Your fellow reader,
Writer,
And friend,
Cheyenne

#70 Jcrazy

Jcrazy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 29 May 2010 - 01:11 PM

Cheyenne: Thanks dearest buddddddy! Hehe. You rock:)

Kylie: I know right? Will's sooooo easily jealous in my mind:) lol Thank you.

Sara: Thanks! I was a little worried that chapter wouldn't be right...but I guess it was! Thank you again:)

Sydney: Yay new reader! Thanks! Yeah Avalon's always been my fav book as well.

Amy: Yeah, I wanted to create some more tension between him and his dad. Thank you :)

Anshi: Yes it made me happy I've got my mommy and daddy too! And yeh, gotta love defensive Will! Haha. Thanks!

Kylie again: Haha. It's coming!

Cheyenne again: Chick here it is! And yes! WILL!!!! <3

CHAPTER THIRTEEN WOOOOO!

"So....Ellie's coming with is?" Lance and Jen asked confused as the three of us and Marco stood at the Alex Haley statue I'd told Elle to meet us with. 

"Yeah," I said again, nodding. 

"Oh," Jen said. You couldn't say she had looked pleased when I'd told her Elle was joining us, but she actually didn't look all that mad or dissapointed about it. Lance was just whatever. He didn't care. And Marco was grinning all the time now for some reason.  

"Is that OK?" I asked looking between the three. 

"Oh, yeah, sure," Jen said. "All my sources say Ellie's nice."

"Sources....?" Marco asked, glancing at her curiously. 

"People from school," she clarified, rolling her eyes at him as if it was obvious. 

"Cool with me," Lance said with a shrug. 

I bet it is, I though, looking at him skeptically. I mean, maybe what Jean had said last night about them going out was parcially true. Because he'd already said she was hot and they had a class together so there was a definant possible chance that there was some truth to it. 

But I hoped not. 

"It's good with me," Marco said. And it wouldn't have mattered to me if it wasn't good with him because he was the one who invited her in the first place anyway. 

"Ok. Then good. 'Cause she's kind of my friend now and I sort of want you all to like her," I said looking between them again. 

"I already like her," Lance said with another shrug. 

I'm sure you do, I thought. Narrowing my eyes at him a little.

They didn't notice and Jen just smiled and said, "Whatever. She's probably great, Will. I'll be extra nice."

I thanked them and then they decided to go wait on the boat while I sat down and leaned against a statue to wait for Elle. 

This was all going to work out just fine, I told myself. I could control myself being around my girlfriend and my other girl....FRIEND who I sort of really, really wanted to make out with. Right? I mean, yeah. Easy. And then there was also my best friend who could maybe possibly have something going on with Elle....even though that would make no sence. Even Marco had said it wouldn't. And, oh, yeah. Marco. He was on the boat. So I had my girlfriend, the girl I wanted to be my girlfriend that didn't like me like that way at all I don't think, my best friend who I might be slightly mad at if anything Jean said was true, and then Marco who is.....just Marco. 

It was the first day of my life that I think Marco was going to be the easiest one to actually have to deal with. 

I shook my head just as I saw Elle drive up with her parents. 

They got out with her, which even though I liked them a lot, talking to her parents was still kind of freaky since they were like…parents, and all. 

"Hey. Nice day for a sail," her dad said, leaning against a statue. 

"Yes, sir," I said standing up straighter. I looked down at Elle and was really very glad I had on my sunglasses so no one could see the way I sort of looked her up and down and just pretty much checked her out. 

"Glad you could make it," I said to her smiling even more. 

She didn't even get to say hey back before her mom started asking all the freak out questions that come the first time sailing. Asking about safety crap that of course I had under control from the first time I'd been in that boat. 

But finally I guess she was content with the answers I gave her since they said bye to Elle and went back to the car. 

Then Elle looked at me and said, "Sorry."

I knew she was refering to her parents interagation, but it hadn't really bothered me too much so I just grinned and said, "No problem. They care about you, is all. It's cute."

"Please just shoot me now," she pretended to beg and I laughed. 

"Can we go?" Jen said from the dinghy. "We're losing prime tanning time."

"And God forbid the homecoming queen should be pasty," Marco shot back sarcastically. Jen wacked his arm while Lance grinned at them. 

"I'm with Jen," Lance said. "I'm sick of these tourists staring at us."

It was true tourists were always around there. But it didn't really bother me becuase if I was in there place, I'd probably do the same stupid things. 

Someone came up next to me- a tourists, go figure- and started asking me for directions to the Windwind tour boat. I told them since I know around here like the back of my hand. After I did I grabbed Elle her life preserver from the floor of the dinghy and she started to put in on as a group of teenagers started jumping into a motor boat a little ways down from mine. 

While they were getting in, in an extreamly unorganized fashion, and they swung one of there large inner tube like things they had with them into the boat next to them- obviosuly a mistake, an accident. The boat they hit it against was extreamly fancy and a little out there, with an older man and a womenr getting ready to head out towards their yacht, no doubt. 

"Sorry," one of them called when they accidently hit it with the tube, that he pulled back into the boat. 

"You're sorry?" The man in the boat said, looking down at them with a disgusted tone. "I'm sorry. Sorry they ever started letting people like you have the run of the place."

Elle froze. She stopped fixing het life preserver and stared the the man completly shocked. 

"Hey, man," one of the kids next to the inner tube kid said. "He didn't mean anything-"

"Why don't you people go back to where you came from?" the man asked, while his wife just sat there. Complelty lost, it was obvious. 

I was actually shocked now. I mean, how could someone just stand there and say that without a good reason? Or with any reason in fact? It's just...rude. 

And by the way Elle was looking at him- shocked and sort of angered by what he'd said- I thought, he doesn't even know what he's talking about. 

"Why don't YOU go back to where you came from?" I asked in a angry voice. 

The man turned to look at me in surprise. I guess he had the right to look a little shocked since that was a little out of the blue.

Elle looked over at me a little surprised as well. But she kind of looked pleased after a moment, that I'd said something. 

"I beg your pardon, young man, but I was born in this country- and so were my parents," the guy said. I resisted the urge to call him a douche and roll my eyes. 

"Yeah, but were THEIR parents?" I asked instead. "Because unless you're Native American, I don't think you can go back around telling people to go back to their country."

The guys wife's mouth dropped after I said it and the dude just looked at me furiously before frantically starting the motor and chugging away, saying, "This used to be a NICE place to live."

It made me almost want to smile seeing as how I'd pissed him off. 

Elle and I watched as they motored away, looking between each other. 

"Some people have more sense then money," I said, as if that was an excuse. 

She sighed. "You can say that again."

She always knew what to say even when she didn't really have to, I realized. 

Then we got in the boat and I prepared for what could perhaps be a great ride. 

Boy, was I wrong.        

YAY SO COMMENTS PLEASE!!

-jamiE:)

#71 kylie

kylie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,329 posts

Posted 29 May 2010 - 07:37 PM

Awesome update!
Man, I forget everything that happened in this book! It's like reading it again!

I know what happens on this boat ride though :P
Update very very very soon!

#72 <3Cheese<3

<3Cheese<3

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 514 posts

Posted 29 May 2010 - 10:46 PM

beautiful. cant wait for the next update!! :a_smil08: :icon_lol:

love,
cheyenne :mgturtle:

#73 Will_Wagner_luvr

Will_Wagner_luvr

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 02:13 PM

oh my god!!! that was AMAZING!!! :eusa_clap: please update ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :user:

UPDATE SOON!!!!
UPDATE SOON!!!!!!!
UPDATE SOON!!!!!!!!!!
UPDATE SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
UPDATE SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
UPDATE SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
UPDATE SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
UPDATE SOON!!!!!!!!!!!
UPDATE SOON!!!!!!!!
UPDATE SOON!!!!!!
UPDATE SOON!!!!

Great story... I LOVE IT!!!!!!! yay!
:icon_study: :heartbeat:

- Will Wagner Lover!!!! :mgbumblebee:
:spinstar: :spinstar: :spinstar: :spinstar: :spinstar:

#74 Anshi

Anshi

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 959 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 02:21 PM

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i am good now

hyper but good anyways i agree with will wangner love (what should i call u ???)

#75 <3Cheese<3

<3Cheese<3

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 514 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 07:57 PM

UPDATE NOW!!

Cheyenne

#76 Jcrazy

Jcrazy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 08:10 PM

Kylie: Awe, thanks. I know i can't compare to Meg, but I'm glad it's like reading the book again. And yeh....The Boat Incident (I feel it needs to be in caps because of it's intenseness!)

Cheyenne: Well thank yah dear! I shall update!

Will_Wagner_Luver: Thank you new reader!!! A whole bunch!! I luvvvvv new readers almost as much as I love your username. Lol.

Anshi: THANK YOU!!! I'm a little hyper myself:)

Cheyenne X2: Well, honey. Your wish is my command :)

CHAPTER FOURTEEN DARLIN'!!!!

It wasn't too easy, getting us all in that little boat. But we managed and somehow I ended up being the only guy not pressed up against Elle. I mean, that's just plain wrong.  

"What was that all about?" Jen asked, refering to the little incident where I'd told that dude off. 

"Oh, that was just Will," Marco said in a tired voice. "Playing the White Knight again."

See? I couldn't even tell you what he was talking about. So I just chose to ignore it, as always. 

"Ready?" I asked. "This is your last chance if you need something from shore. We won't see land again for a while."

Nobody said anything, so I started the motor and started off toward the sail boat. 

It's always nice, riding in a boat. I've never not had a good time. Just the feeling..it's sort of surreal. 

Of course fhe rude gestures Marco made at tourists weren't all that great, or surprising, but Marco was just Marco. You couldn't change that. 

Then we arrived at Pride Winn (just don't ask about my boats name. I do not care if it's weird) and I sort of told everyone what to do. Don't get me wrong, I don't enjoy commanding people. But it's just something that's got to be done. 

Everyone helped, except Marco who sort of just did whatever. 

Something that was sort of weird though happened. Marco kept like...grinning at Elle. Which, I know a grin doesn't mean anything, but still....God, I'm just jealous over anything I think. And Elle didn't look particularly pleased with the way he kept looking at her so it didn't bother me. Too much. 

And then when everything was settled and we were just....flying it felt like to me, he grinned at her again. 

"This is the life, eh?" he asked her grinning. 

"Really," she said, smiling and looking like she really, truely meant it. "You're so lucky."

"Lucky? Why?" he asked curiously. 

"Well, because you've got a boat," she said. "All we've got is a station wagon."

He smiled at her. And I couldn't help but notice it wasn't how he usually smiled. He looked serious…and sincere. 

"I'm not the lucky one. Will is," he said while I looked away from him. "It's his boat. Untill my mom married his dad...Well, we didn't even have a station wagon, let's put it that way."

Does he know how to ruin a moment or what? 

To sort of distract from THAT, I looked at Elle and asked, "What do you think, Elle? We gonna make a sailor out of you?"

She smiled. "Ab^$#@$^^ely," she said seriously. 

We kept sailing, just sort of talking while we broke out the really good lunch Jean had made us. Everyone was acting...semi normal. I mean, none of my friends were ever normal, but today they seemed the most chill. 

Jen did her usaul thing, talking about the party and who'd done what and where. I'll be honest, hearing where people had hooked up in various parts of my house freaked my out. 

Lance was himself. Which was who he always was, pretty much. He made comments and laughed and ate a whole lot. 

Marco...well, as I said, Marco is just Marco. 

When we were almost done eating, Elle asked me something that not only surprised me, but embarrased me. 

"Hey, Will," she said curiously. "What's up with the name of your boat?"

Marco busted out laughing at this, like he always does. 

"Yeah, man," he said looking at me, still laughing and grinning. "Tell her what Pride Winn means."

I shot him a nasty look I hope translated to shut up, then looked at Elle and said embarrased, "It doesn't mean anything, actually. It's just a name that popped into my head when my dad and I first started talking about buying a boat. And it sort of stuck."

I know it's lame sounding and all....but honestly, I like it. And no, I don't know why. 

"Sounds like a grocery store," Lance said, as soon as his mouth was completly full of food. 

Jen kicked him in the foot jokingly and said, "That's Winn-Dixie."

"Still a lame name for a boat," Lance said. 

I have the smartest friends. 

Thankfully, we started talking about other stuff other then my weirdly named boat. We drifted from talking about students to teachers, for some reason. 

After a few minutes Elle looked at Lance and said, "Oh, Lance, I almost forgot. Mr. Morton stopped me at the game and says he wants to see us in his classroom first thing tomorrow morning."

Lance looked like she'd just told him they'd done away with potato chips (which would truely be a great sacrafice for him) as he looked up from the bag he was eating out of now. 

"Are you serious? What for?"

"Um," she said looking a little embarresed, but probably more on Lance's half. "I think something to do with our research paper proposal."

By our, she obviously meant her's. I knew he had done absolutley none of it. 

"Didn't you hand it in?" he asked shocked. 

"Of course I did," she said. Well, I wouldn't have if he hadn't had anything to do with it. He really needed to TRY every once in a while. "It's just that....I don't know. He seemed to be able to tell somehow that you didn't have any part in writing it."

You could tell by the way she said it, that that was the nice way of saying it. It kind of made me want to laugh. 

"Because it wasn't riddled with grammatical errors and run-on sentences like everything else Lance turns in?" I asked sarcastically.

"You know I'm no good at that stuff," he groaned. 

Oh, I know it. I think he was forgetting who his project partner was last year. Oh, yeah. ME. No, that was not fun. 

"Aw, man. That blows," Lance said. 

"Sorry," Elle said. "He's all hot to trot on the whole working-with-your-partner thing."

Do not be sorry, Elle. His fault, honey. 

"I wonder why," Marco said, in a voice that indicated he knew exactly why. And he thought he did....

Look, Morton is a great teacher. One of the best in my opinion. He's organized and good with the students...so I never understood the deal Marco had with him. 

Elle looked over at Marco, sure enough she was going to ask him what he meant. But she saw where he was looking off, as did I, across the water. 

He was looking at an old, beat up, motor boat that was slowly making it's way. I realized it was the guys with the inner tube, the ones who's had the confrontation with the idiot guy.  

And the boat was crowded, about too full. Or actually completly too full. They looked like they could easily fall out if they weren't being careful. Two of the guys near the back that were a little...let's say, chubby, were getting their backs soaked from the boats wake. And none of those guys were exactly skinny, if you're catching my drift. 

"Oh, hey," Marco said looking out at them with a delighted expression across his face. "Check out the lardasses."

No one found this particualarly funny, as I didn't expect anyone too. I looked over annoyed at Marco and said tiredly, "Marco. Cut it out."

But, not surprisingly, he didn't listen. Instead, he reached for the wheel, saying, "Watch this," and started to swing the boat around toward the motor boat. 

"Marco," I said again. "Leave 'em alone."

But he didn't. He continued on, in the direction toward the boat...straight toward them. What was he thinking?

"That craft does not appear to be seaworthy, Will," Marco said simply. "I just want to make sure they realize the error of their ways."

Who even talks like that?! Who even says something so stupid at a time when you're heading straight toward another boat?

And Marco wasn't doing to turn! He just kept going....the driver of the other boat saw he wasn't going to stop or turn away from them so he panicked, and began frantically to turn the wheel to the right...making it a sharp turn....causing it to go abruptly to the side....and making the chubby kid at the back of the boat fall off. 

"Did you see that?" Marco cried, laughing. "Oh my God, that was hillarious!"

"Real funny, Marco," I said annoyed, watching the kid carefully as he bounced around in the water. 

"Hey," Jen said alarmed. "He doesn't have on a life preserver."

I looked back at them quickly, seeing she was right. The other guys in the boat reached for the guy...he bobbed up and down....then he went down. Beneath the freaking sea waves. And he didn't come up.  

And I reacted. 

"Great," I said, anger welling inside me. "Thanks a lot, Marco."

I reached down and quickly pulled my deck shoes off, throwing them aside. 

Someone would have stopped me if I hadn't dove over the boat, into the deep, dark water, in that same second. 

Ok you lovely people out there, tell me what you think. The next update will probably be intense........we know what's coming up so get ready!! I hope you like it <3

LUvV,
jamiE

#77 aprilbaby95

aprilbaby95

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 451 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 08:27 PM

Hey... Great updates!

I loved this part of the book. I love how chivalrous Will always is. It gives a girl hope. Haha.

Can't wait for more!

#78 <3Cheese<3

<3Cheese<3

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 514 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 08:31 PM

Oh dearest Simon James Jamie B. UPDATE!!!!!!

love,
Randy Nic Cheyenne T.

#79 SakshiJain

SakshiJain

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 03:14 AM

AWESOME... :D

i alwyz wondered abt Will's POV in avalon high...and am soooo glad to see it updated!!!

UPDATE!!!!! :D

#80 kylie

kylie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,329 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 02:09 PM

Awesome update!
ahha, I checked Avalon High out of my library yesterday. I'm going to re-read it :P

#81 Jcrazy

Jcrazy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 04:41 PM

Sydney: I know right? He's so sweet <3 Gotta love him. And thanks!

Cheyenne: Hahhahaha. Thank you dear. And I will!

Sakshi: Yay new reader!! And thanks! I think everyone wonders what Will's POV would have been like since the situation was soooo different for him.

Kylie: Thank you!! And you checked out the book! Yay! Lol I've read that book like a billion times and have been reading it about a billion times while I write this. The books wayyy awesomer! Have fun reading it :)

LovE,
jaMie

#82 kylie

kylie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,329 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 06:17 PM

I will (:

Update soon!! :heartbeat:

#83 livexlovexdance

livexlovexdance

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 595 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 07:58 PM

Great update!

Marco is such a jerk... ugh. <_<

But I can't wait for the next chapter!!! :D

Update soon!

#84 Jcrazy

Jcrazy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 08:04 PM

Kylie: I'll try! Hope the books goin' well:)

Sara: Thank you so much. And Marco is just a butt. LoL. True though. He's crazzzzzy. I'll update as soon as possible. Promise.

:heartbeat: jaMie :heartbeat:

#85 kylie

kylie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,329 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 02:25 PM

I actually haven't started it yet. :P
I have about 10 books stacked on my desk that are waiting to be read. I don't know when I'll get to it.

#86 Jcrazy

Jcrazy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 04:56 PM

^^ Haha. I have like the same problem. I have a bazillion books that I haven't started but for some reason I keep buying more. It's like a condition. I wonder if there's a disease where you can't stop buying books....lol.

Update is coming....I hope. Lol. Sorry, this next ones trickier to write because he definitely was not feeling the same way as Elle. Haha. I've realized I've started to call Ellie Elle, even in my head! Haha.

*jaMie*

#87 kylie

kylie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,329 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 05:18 PM

No worries.
Hehe, I always loved that he called her Elle. So cute.

#88 Anshi

Anshi

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 959 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 08:14 AM

ohhhh nice update chica

i hope will won't be too sad after the confrontation .....................

Do not be sorry, Elle. His fault, honey.

LMAO

i felt off my chair when i read there laughing like a manic

LOL

good work Posted Image

UPDATE SOON

#89 Jcrazy

Jcrazy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 05:09 PM

Kylie: Hehe. Yeah me, too.

Anshi: Thanks dude!! Haha. Yeah, luv that line as well <3 and sorry you fell off the chair! lol. Don't hurt yourself.

Update time! Hehe. So know that this one was kind of tricky to write because Will's feelings had to be out of wack! Haha. But I did it! And hur yah go!

CHAPTER FIFTEEN! Yayaha baby. 

I always loved the water. Swimming, sailing, drinking it, just the way it looks....that is, untill you have to dive into it to go rescue some kid you don't even know because your step-brother is an idiot.

Swimming in it really wasn't all that difficult. The sea was calm, atleast. It wasn't untill I got to the part where the kid had gone under, took a breath, and dove back under, that things started to get difficult. 

Like opening your eyes underwater. I know that sounds wimpy considering I'd just jumped out of a boat, but I'm serious. I've always hated opening my eyes underwater. It just irritates me like crazy. 

And then once I'd opened my eyes, it still wasn't that easy to see anything. But the kid was there. Not even having sunken that far under, but still struggling to come up. 

I was a little angry at the kid. I mean, you do not get on a crowded boat, not knowing how to swim, and without a life preserver. I mean, common sence, buddy. 

But still, I swam downwards toward him untill I reached his hand he was struggling to reach me with. 

Now, I'm not trying to sound mean. But this guy was not that light weight. Not even in the water. 

But when I grabbed him and finally managed to pull him up to the surface, I was tired. And he started gasping and spitting up water, and hell, it was just plain annoying and disgusting. 

I dragged him, swimming with one arm, over toward the boat he'd fallen off of. When I got there the other guys on the boat pulled him back up, and practically threw him (I'm serious) on the deck of the little boat. 

"Thank you!" one of them yelled at me while the others helped the dude. 

"Your welcome," I said tiredly, shaking my head. "But that was dumb. Don't ever have this many people on this boat again. Especially without a life preserver, man."

"I know, I know," he said looking down and shaking his head. "I just didn't see y'all coming towards us....and I just turned...fast. I didn't mean to…"

"Don't sweat it," I said with a shrug. "And, um, sorry we almost ran into you guys...I'd understand if you told the harbor police..."

"No, man, no," the kid who'd almost drowned said breathlessly, sitting up a little and looking at me. "Just, thank you."

"Welcome," I said nodding towards him. "And learn to swim or don't get on an over crowded boat."

And with that, I turned and swam back to the Pride Winn. Graceful, I know. 

I swam tiredly back to the boat, just wanting to sort of stop right there and float on my back...just for fun. 

But that would be odd, so I just continued to swim untill I reached the boat and Lance helped pull me in, which wasn't all that easy. 

"They're not going to call the harbor police," I told them, since I felt like that was the first thing I should let them know.

"Why should they?" Marco asked, sounding as if it was obvious they shouldn't. "Then the cops would know they were flagrantly flaunting shipboard saftey regulations, cramming that many people onto such a small boat. Besides, it was that stupid kid's own fault. He shouldn't have been sitting so—"

Unbelievable. 

"That ‘stupid kid,’" I interupted in disbelief, staring at him. "Almost drowned. Come on, Marco. What were you thinking?"

"Gee, I don't know," he said, raising one of his eyebrows. "Maybe I just couldn't take the tension anymore."

"What tension?" I asked exasperated. 

"The sexual tension."

Oh, no. 

He flicked his gaze toward Jen who was getting me a towel. She froze. 

"Oh, don't tell me you haven't felt it," he said, looking in between all of us. "My God, it's making me nuts!"      

Too late for that. 

But, what in the world? I hadn't sensed any tension, actually. I mean, of course there was Elle and Jen right there....but they couldn't tell that, could they? No one could really see I liked her or anything....right? And there wasn't any "tension" with us. We were all acting fairly normal and sane and....right?

"I think," Elle said, a little loudly. "that we should go back now. Don't you, Jennifer?"

Jen was staring at Marco. Crap, she better not be getting the wrong idea...but she was watching him almost cautiously. 

"Yeah," she said, her response a little delayed. "I agree with Ellie. I think we should go back."

Maybe that was a good idea now. I was a little afraid Marco was going to say something…because he was the only one who knew that I sort of, kind of, had a thing for Elle. Well, it wasn't exactly sort of, kind of. It was more like girl I'm totally in love with you. But no one needed to know that. 

I walked over and took the towel from Jen, wrapping it around my neck, and said, "The girls want to go, we'll go. Lance, let's take down the sail. I think we should power back—" and get out of there. 

"Oh, right," Marco interupted, as soon as Lance started to take it down. "Better take down the sail, Lance. Better not think for yourself, Lance."

"Marco, why don't you just-" Lance continued to suggest something I don't think is quite possible...and put a real sick picture in your head.

"What is your problem?" I asked, glaring at Marco. He was making everyone just angry and acting like an idiot....God. 

"What's my problem?" Marco asked in disbelief, letting out a cold laugh. "Why don't you ask Lance what HIS problem is?"

"Because I don't have a problem, Campbell," Lance said, his angrier look spreading across his face. "Except the one I've got with you."

"Oh, right," Marco said sarcastically, laughing again. "I forgot. You like being Will's lapdog, doing everything he tells you to."

He does not, I though. But then when I looked at Lance and saw him starting to turn red.....I though, Well does he do whatever I tell him to?

"I don't—" Lance started. 

"Oh, yes, you do man," Marco said. Then he immiated me saying, "Take the sail down, Lance. Tackle that lineman, Lance. Gotta protect the QB, Lance."

He laughed a little. 

Do I really sound like that? Do I really talk to Lance like....like that? I know he helps me out a lot, but it just seem like...like natural. It's not like I'm commanding him. Right?

"God," Marco continued in his own voice. "It's no wonder you couldn't take it anymore. I don't blame you, man. I really don't."

I saw Elle out of the corner of my eye glance at Lance worriedly and that's when I realized: Everyone here knows something I don't. 

And it didn't have anything to do with my stupid jealous crap with Elle or whatnot. It was something else. And I'm not sure how I knew that, I just did. 

"I don't know what you're talking about," Lance said, looking tense and practically giving away he did know what he was talking about. "But—"

"Just ignore him, Lance," Jen said, too quickly. Clue two. "He's just trying to cause trouble."

"I'm causing trouble?" Marco said, looking toward Jen shocked. "You think I'm the one causing trouble? What about you? Why don't you ask your precious friend Lance here where he was during most of your party last night, Will? Huh? Go ahead. Ask him."

I was afriad to. 

Jen was speechless while Lance just blushed some more. 

"You don't know what you're talking about, Campbell," Lance said, his fist clenching. 

But I knew, for once, Marco did. I don't know why now or even.......I just did. 

"Really, Marco," Jen said, uncomfortably and high pitched. Her nervous voice. I would know it anywhere. "Just because you don't have any friends of your own—"

I knew they were excuses now. 

"Yeah, well, then I'm a lot better off then old Will here, aren't I?" Marco said bitterly, smiling hard. "I mean, with friends like you guys, who needs-"

"Marco," Elle said stepping towards him. "Don't."

I looked at her and was kind of surprised. Whatever this was, I knew it wasn't her fault. I don't know how I knew that, I just...knew, you know?

"You really do have it bad, don't you, Lily Maid?" Marco said looking at her and shaking his head almost dissapointed. "But you still don't seem to realize you've fallen for the wrong one…"

Even in the middle of all this craziness and insanity and confusion, I still was curious to who Marco thought she had fallen for. Even though the way he put it didn't make any sence...sort of. 

Marco raised his eyebrows curiously at Elle as he continued to say, "Or is Lance the one you're trying to protect, and not Will?" 

Lance is one of those rage-aholics so he went for it and I wasn't sure if I could blame him yet. But when he threw himself at Marco, I reacted. Again. 

I grabbed him right before he collided with Marco and pinned his arms behind his back, irritated.

"Stop it! All of you!" Jen cried, jumping in front of Marco. "Just stop it!" She was going to cry, I could tell. And that was truely the last thing I wanted, because, well, I love the girl. I probably always will. 

"Campbell started it," Lance said roughly from where he was struggling to get out of my hold. 

What was wrong with everyone?!

"Oh, I think we all know who started it," Marco said knowingly. 

"Have you both gone insane?" I asked, angrily. 

"Don't listen to him, Will," Jen said, quickly and feverantly. "Everything he says is a lie, and always has been."

Now, that there, was a lie. 

"Oh, that's rich coming from you, Jen," Marco said scornfully. "Why don't you just tell him where you were last night when he looked all over the house but couldn't find you? Why don't you tell him?"

Oh, my God.

I knew.  

I let Lance go.

"What's he talking about?" I asked looking from my two best friends shocked faces. But I knew. 

My mind flashed to the night before. Elle staring at the door, looking for Jen, Lance missing, Elle quickly redirecting me downstairs, Marco trying to get me to open the door. 

Oh, I knew. 

"Wait," I said desperately. "Why do you guys look so—"

"Because," Marco said, almost happily. "They're in love. They've been seeing each other behind your back for months now, while you just—"

He might have finished if Lance hadn't tackled him. 

Hehe. So ok. Tell me what you think please!

*jaMie*

#90 <3Cheese<3

<3Cheese<3

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 514 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 05:28 PM

That's like my favorite part! Wonderful!

Cheyenne

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users