• Please log in to reply
220 replies to this topic

#1 Jcrazy

Jcrazy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 11:15 PM

Hello ladies. This is Avalon high from Will's pov. It'll be a lot different from the actual book probably because I'm going to add some scences from when he's not hanging put with Ellie. So just know I'm making a lot of this up. Anyways, hope you like it.

CHAPTER NE

"You are so lucky."

I'm not even lying. That's what all the guys on the football team told me. They said I was lucky. They are so far from the truth.

I suppose my life my appear pretty perfect. I am the quaterback of the varsity football team. My best friend is on that football team. My girlfriend of nearly two years is a really hot cheerleader. My family is freakishly rich and I can pretty much get whatever I want. I've got better grades then any one at my school and am going to be able to get into any college I want. I'm senior class president and I actually enjoy that job. I have my own boat that I can and do ride whenever. Life sounds pretty good, right?

Wrong.

Well not completly wrong. But still. The truth is, I don't really like football all that much. It's fine but I obviously don't care about it as much as anyone else on that team. And my family may be rich but it's also screwed up. I never met my mom because she died when I was born and my dad's best friend died a while back because he was shot down. And people sort of think it's my dad's fault because he sent him to a hot spot. Then he married his best friends wife. And I ended up with a stepmom and a wacky stepbrother who attempted to kill a teacher and really should be on medication in my opinion. Then, even though I can get in any college I want, everyone expects me to go to the Naval Acadamy and I really do not want to so I'm screwed. And also, my girlfriend Jen and best friend Lance have been acting...weird lately. They just act different when they're around me.

So, as you can see, I am not that lucky. The opposite really, I'm pretty much a wreck. And to top it all off, I like to sit in the woods at a park listening to classical music to clear my head. And to answer that question in you're mind right now, yes. I am a freak.

But I'd never skipped football practice untill now to go sit on a rock. And truthfully, I didn't regret it one bit. I already knew how to run and throw things and push people ok the ground.

I started to regret it though when I heard a voice call my name, loud enough to be heard even through my headphones.

I sat up and ripped my headphones out of my ears. I looked towards the clearing in the ravin I was in and saw Jen and Lance waving their arms around like there was no tomorrow. Really, everyone thinks they are sane and normal. They've obviously never spent any time with them. They are truely crazy. 

"What?" I called in a annoyed voice.

"Are you crazy?!" Lance yelled. Oh, this is great. "Today was the last practice we have before Fridays big game and you ditch? Really man?"

"You were supposed to drive me home!" Jen shrieked. Oops. By now I'd started to climb off the boulder and was carefully walking pass all the bushes and brambles. "I had to catch up with Lance and get him yo drive me. God, Will. What's up with you?"

See? Don't I have the most supportive friends?

I reached the edge where they were standing and said quickly, before they could yell at me, "Look. I'm sorry. I just needed to clear my head, ok?"

Jen rolled her eyes and crossed her arms. "Well, obviously you cleared it pretty well. You completly forgot about me."

Oh, GEEZ.

"I'm sorry. Really Jen," I told her.

"Whatever," Lance said as we started to walk. "Just never do it again."

I promised them I wouldn't. But I had a feeling I might end up breaking that promise.

"I don't even get why you like coming here," Jen continued on. "It's just a park. And if you're going to sit anywhere, why sit in the woods? It's just weird, Will. Really weird. I mean, I get you need to think and all. That, I totally understand. But sit on a swing or a bench. Not a rock."

"It's peaceful there," I tried to explain like I had many times before. "It's quiet. You can't hear all the-"

"Who cares?" Lance interupted. "Let us just forget this mess. Please."

"Fine," Jen said as we came up to a corner. "Just don't make skipping practice a regular thing because-"

But she was cut off. Because someone came running around the corner startaling her. I should probably point out this is a running trail at the park. So we had seen plenty of people run past us and around us. But not right into us.

I almost ran right into the person. But she stopped herself at the last minute which was pretty impressive considering how fast she was going. We all stopped and the girl was breathing really hard which was expected. But even though she was all sweaty and what not, the first thing I noticed about her was that she was... hot. And not like ah-the-sun-is-so-bright-and-I'm-sweaty-and-need-something-to-drink kind of hot. The kind of attractive-hot kind. She had hair that was about as dark as mine that was up in a ponytail. And her eyes were really light brown and she was tall...

And I smiled at her. I don't know why. Not that many people around here just go around and smile at each other. Rude, I know. But true. The way I smiled though, I like didn't mean to. It just happened. And then she smiled back at me. 

I know her, I thought. But that was impossibe. I know I'd never seen her before. But yet I knew her. That's messed up though. How can I know someone, but also be sure I've never met them?

"Hey," I said slowly still smiling. But then I realized she was listening to an iPod and she had those earbud things in. That imeadiatly made me feel stupid. She just smiled again though, and jogged past me.

I turned around and watched her go around the corner. She didn't look back, she just kept going. Well, duh. Why would she have turned around? She had probably ran into plenty of people that day. I was just another one.

I shook my head and turned around. Jen and Lance were staring at me like I was crazy. Which, truth be told, I was. But they didn't have to act like I was.

"What?" I asked with a shrug. 

"Well," Jen said. "If you're going to check some girl out right in front of me, atleast try and be discreet about it."

Lance laughed slightly but then stopped and covered his mouth.

"I wasn't," I defended myself. "Didn't she look familiar though?"

She rolled her eyes and walked off in front of us. 

I looked at Lance for help but he just shrugged. Big help, I know.

"Jen," I said through gritted teath when I cought up with her. "I wasn't, ok? She really did look familiar."

She glanced at me and sighed. "Whatever Will. This days been weird enough. Katie's pet fish died this morning and she had a fit when it was flushed down the toliet. I dunno what she thought we were going to do with it. Have a burial? For a fish? I don't think so."

By Katie she was refering to her nine year old sister. She had two other sisters. Cara and Jessica, who were eleven and thirteen.

"Oh, tell her sorry," I said. That girl really did love her pets, I'd learned over the years I'd spent with Jen.

"Yeah, whatever," she sighed. "And hey. Sorry for flipping out over the tall brunette. She was really pretty."

"Jen, I wasn't-" I started.

But she just held her hands up in a way to surrender and said, "I know what you said."

We walked back to the car in pretty much complete silence. When we got there I actually saw the girl again. Sitting on the hood of a car, finishing off a water bottle. But I made sure that no one could tell I was looking at her.

"So I guess I'll give you that ride home now?" I asked Jen.

She shrugged. "Yeah, that's fine I guess."

I got in the drivers seat and Jen hopped in while Lance got in his car. 

"So yesterday Taylor told me Kelsey was mad at me for something and I don't know what," Jen started. 

I internally sighed and rolled my eyes. This is how all Jen and my conversations went. She gossiped and I pretended to care.

I nodded every now and then to prove I was still listening but really I was just thinking about that girl. She was probably my age or a little younger. I wondered why I'd never seen her before. Most kids around here went to Avalon like me and my friends. I was positive she didn't though. Maybe she would though...

I shook my head. Why should I even care? I asked myself. She's just some girl I almost ran into. Nothing too special about that....but when she had smiled at me. It had just felt so...right. I'm not used to feeling much lately. So maybe that's a good thing.   



So CC please?
-Jamie

#2 xgweniex

xgweniex

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 04:44 AM

WOW that was realliiiiiiii good!!
please update !!
gwenie
xxx

#3 livexlovexdance

livexlovexdance

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 595 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 06:52 PM

This looks really good!

I've always wanted to know what the situation would've been like for him!

Update soon!

:heartbeat: Sara

#4 Jcrazy

Jcrazy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 07:22 PM

Thanks you guys!! And Sara, I always thought that in his position in would be sooooo much different then Ellie's. So yeah. I'll update soon dudes!!


JAMIE


#5 Jcrazy

Jcrazy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 11:01 AM

Sorry for the delay. Here is an update:

--------------
CHAPTER TWO

School is where you get an eduaction, right? Well why do I feel like it's so much more then that. 

I mean, I've been at Avalon High all four years of highschool and people have always....liked me? I don't know. I've just never had problems. Which is odd because I don't exactly act like most people there. Atleast I don't think I do. I probably sound...stuck up. I mean, quarterback, class president, pretty girlfriend? Yeah it sounds fantastic. But I've always tried to be nice to everyone there. I don't judge people. And that's why I hope people like me. Hope.

But I honestly do like school. So when the first day back to school rolled around I was pretty excited to go back. For two reasons. One: I was ready to get away from home and my crazy life and see my friends. And two: maybe I'd see that girl from the park....

Who was I even kidding? There was no chance I was ever seeing her again.

But I was still pretty hopefull as I walked into school that first day back.

The day went by the way the first day always did. The upperclassman did the normal routine and we watched the freshmen panic and act a little-a lot-obnoxious. I kept looking out for that girl and felt terrible about doing so when Jen was standing next to me half the times.

Most of my friends are from the football team and stuff in that area. But most of my classes aren't with them beacause I'm in the highest level classes and they...aren't. But I'll pretty much talk to anyone so it didn't matter.

I was walking down the hall about to starve to death because I had one of the last lunch periods this year and was just now getting to go there. Jen was next to me talking about something. Not really sure what though.

I was still looking for Her.

And maybe I was looking a little too hard since as we went around the corner I ran into someone.

And that someone, was Her.

I smiled instantly. It was like an automatic thing with me. Everytime I saw this girl I think I was going to smile.

"Hey," I said looking at her. I heard Jen rambling on at my side but I was paying no attention to her. I just looked at the girl from the park. 

Her hair was down today. I decided right then I liked it down. It framed her soft face nicely. I know that sounds weird. "Soft face." But really. Her face just looked...calm. Soft brown eyes and and an even easy smile spread across her lips as she recognized me. Atleast I hoped that she recognized me. I also hoped Jen was too busy pulling on the sleeve of my shirt and to notice who the girl was.

I really didn't want Jen to recognize her. So that's probably when Jen went on to say annoyed, "But I told Lance we'd meet him at DQ after practice," I wrapped my arm around her and and said, "Sure, that sounds great."

Then we walked off into the crowds of people. And I didn't look back at her once. And it pretty much killed me not looking back. I wanted to see her expression so badly. To see if she happened to just turned around and walked away. Or if she looked maybe...possibly....jealous? Which was stupid because I'd only seen her twice and never even said anything other then "hey" to her. So that was impossible. I think.

But nothing stopped me from leaving lunch five minutes early and and jetting off to my next class and pulling out the schools student guide.

You see, every year Avalon hands out these guides to the students that has all the kids names and pictures in it. You can opt to put your email address and address in it. Then you can put your intrest also. It had never been any use to me. Untill now.

I flipped through the book like a mad man while my teacher explained what we focus on this year and blah blah blah.

After a good five minutes I finally found her picture. Ok. Her name: Elaine (Ellie) Harrison. Yeah I could see her as Ellie definantly. Not Elaine really. But Ellie fit her. In a way I can't really describe.

She was a junior. Ok well I kind of wanted her to be a senior for some reason. Maybe because then we'd have a better shot at having a class together. But this was my last class of the day here anyway. 

She had her intrest listed also. Reading and track. Track made sence. I mean, both times I'd seen her I had almost RAN into her. Haha. Yeah I know that was a lame joke. 

But really. She had been on a running trail the first time I'd seen her.

I also saw her address and email.....

Sorry Jen. You will not be seeing me at DQ OR practice today.

JaMiE

#6 Jcrazy

Jcrazy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 11:12 AM

Wow that was really short. Promise the next one will be longer guys!

-JaMiE

#7 xshimmerbluex

xshimmerbluex

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 02:32 AM

^^^Yeah, longer one ext time please
:spinstar: :spinstar: :spinstar: :spinstar: :spinstar: :spinstar: :spinstar: :spinstar: :spinstar: :spinstar: :spinstar: :spinstar: :spinstar: :spinstar: :spinstar: :spinstar:

#8 xshimmerbluex

xshimmerbluex

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 02:31 AM

^^^Yeah, longer one next time please
:spinstar: :spinstar: :spinstar: :spinstar: :spinstar: :spinstar: :spinstar: :spinstar: :spinstar: :spinstar: :spinstar: :spinstar: :spinstar: :spinstar: :spinstar: :spinstar:

#9 Jcrazy

Jcrazy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 11:26 PM

Ok this is the majority of chapter three but the rest will be posted probably tomorrow. It's longer this time, I promise

CHAPTER THREE

I ditched practice again. I couldn't help it. I wanted to see the girl from the park. Or Ellie I mean. Same thing.

So I skipped practice. I somehow managed to get out of the school and in my car without anyone noticing me. Yeah I do not know how.

But suddenly I found myself looking at the student guides address to Ellie Harrison's house and heading in that direction. 

I knew where it was when I saw the street name. A lot of people from our school lived around there actually. So I set off on a mission to find her.

Ok. Well maybe I make it sound a little too dramatic. Truthfully, I stopped go get gas before hand because I was running low.

But then I was off! And by the time I had gotten to her house I had pretty much freaked myself out. Like what if she wasn't even there? Or she didn't want me there? Or-worse-she didn't remember me? But yet somehow I found myself ringing the front door.

Yet another terrifying thought occurred to me though, the second I pressed the door bell. What if she wasn't the one who answered the door??? I didn't even know what I would say if she was the one who answered the door. What if she had a brother or a sister who answered it or even worse her PARENTS-

"Um...hello?" I heard someone ask. I looked up from where I was staring at my feet debating what to do. And lucky me, it wasn't her. It was who I assumed was her dad.

"Uh, hi," I said feeling my face heat up. "Um...."

"...yes..?" he prompted me. He looked at me over his glasses.

"Is Ellie, uh, live here?" I asked. Then I shook my head realizing that made no sence at all and said a little more confidently, "I mean, does she live here? Or is she here?"

I saw the corner of his mouth twitch up and he said, "Yeah." I had a feeling he was sort of smiling because I was acting kind of stupid. "She's out back. Would you like to see her?"

I nodded. "Yes, sir. Thank you."

Sir. Nice touch, I know. 

"Ok," he said smiling. "Just through there." He pointed behind him. "And then out the back door through the kitchen. She's probably floating in the pool again."

"Thanks," I said. And he let me pass him. I walked into the foyer area and then went through the living room and kitchen and finally the French doors in the kitchen. I felt like it took me an hour to walk through that house rather then thirty seconds.

When I stepped outside I felt hot again after being inside the cool house. The pool was cool too. It was surronded by mini boulder type things all the way around it. I'd seen a few like that before but this one looked more peaceful with a little woodsy area behind it with colorful leaves.

I saw her too. Floating on a raft in the pool. She looked so peaceful it made me really not want to disturb her, but then in a way, it made me want to ask what she was thinking about. 

Anyway, I walked over to one of the rocks. Her eyes were closed so I sort of just stood on top of it and looked at her.

Ellie Harrison looked deep in thought about something. She would slightly smile sometimes. Or she would frown to herself. It was intresting. Watching someone I didn't know think. It kind of made me wonder. I mean, you see people every day. People you don't know and will never know. And they all have lives and problems and people they love and care about. But you never really think about that untill you've spent some time with them. Or seen them smile at something or get mad.

I know. I think too much.

But still, watching her float made me smile for some reason. It was relaxing to watch someone else relax. It made me feel at ease around this someone I'd never spoken to.

And then, the moment passed. Because as soon as she opened her eyes and saw me she screamed and almost fell off the raft thing she was on. And truthfully, could you blame her?

If you had been completly alone with your eyes closed then open them up to find someone standing right in front of you. I probably would have flipped out too.

Especially if you're a sixteen year old girl. Then definitely.

"Oh, sorry," I said, my smile fading. "I didn't mean to scare you."

"Wh-what," she began looking at me in a sort of "are you demented or something?" way. Which, again, I couldn't exactly blame her for. "Are you  doing here?"

"Uh," I said suddenly feeling completly out of place and insanly self-conscious. "I knocked. Your dad said you were out here, and let me in. Is this a bad time? I can come back, if it is."

She stared at me in that same way that made me feel uncomfortable. I really wanted to leave now in a way. I mean, of course I still wanted to talk to her, but not if it was going to be majorly ackward like this. 

She snapped out of her staring mode and continued confused. "How-how do you even know where I live? How do you even know who I am?"

I wanted to say, "I'm not a stalker! Swear to God!" But I decided against it and went with the embarresing truth. 

"Student guide," I said honestly, feeling like a dork. She still looked completly speechless and baffled so I added, "Look, I'm sorry if I startled you." Although in a way you were kind of cute when you screamed. "I didn't mean to. I just thought...well never mind." I came to a decision. "You know what? I was wrong."

Although I really didn't feel wrong to have come and seen her. It actually felt sort of good. Getting to see a beautiful girl in a bikini can always make my day. 

"Wrong about what?" she asked honestly sounding curious. Her chest was still rising and falling because of how much I'd scared her when she opened her eyes. If was really hard to keep up with the eye contact. 

"Nothing," I said. I took a breath and added, even though it was sort of a speculative thing to say, "I just-I mean, you smiled at me that day in the park like..."

"Like what?" she asked casualy like this happened every day. But I didn't care. Because that meant she REMEMBERED me! She freaking knew I was the person she had ran into at the park.

But...she probably remembered most of the people she'd run into. Ellie Harrison seemed like the kind of girl who would smile at everyone. That probably meant nothing...

"Look, never mind," I said, reaching the conclusion I was mentaly unstable. "It's stupid. When I saw you-first in the park, and then again today, it just seemed like...I don't know. That we'd met before, or something. But we haven't, obviously." I can tell by the way you're incredulously staring at me. "I mean, I can see that now. I'm Will by the way. Will Wagner."

I considered doing the whole James Bond thing and saying, "It's Wagner. Will Wagner." But I wasn't sure if I could pull it off like James.

"I'm Ellie," she said looking noticably less freaked. "Ellie Harrison. But then...I guess you already knew that."

I relaxed when I noticed her relaxtion and I allowed myself to smile for the first time since her eyes-brown, really pretty brown, by the way, almost soft and light and...-had opened.

"Pretty much," I said still grinning. 

She really was...hot. Like really hot. Which is odd for me to notice a because I usaully don't notice things like that about anyone other then Jen. Well, I do. I just don't dwell on it.

But she was sort of was. Or not sort of. She seriously was freaking beautiful. Atleast in the whole tall dark haired mystery girl way. Which is a really good way. If you're wondering. 

"I just moved here," she said distracting me from examining her hotness factor. "From St. Paul. I've never been to the East Coast before. So I don't know how we could have met before.... Unless you've been to St. Paul?"

I wish. I've always ended up hot places, which I usaully like. Love, actually, when it comes to sailing. But still, I'd like to travel some. 

"No," I said still grinning. I couldn't seem to stop all of a sudden. It's like my brain was trying to tell my lips to slow down with the happy expression on them, but my mouth wouldn't take heed. "Never been there," I continued, sensing that she probably was still confused to why I was there and in all likelihood wanted me gone. "Look, really, forget I said anything. Things have just been really weird lately, and I guess I just thought..."

I couldn't for the life of me begin to comprehend why I had added that last part, but it made my thoughts drift to my dad and Marco and my best friends and my life and general...and I didn't like the feeling of unease that spread through me as I thought if them. They should make me feel safe, but they didn't. Not. At. All. 

I stopped thinking about all those crazy thoughts though and turned back to Ellie. 

"Seriously," I said in a slaphappy voice. "Don't worry about it. I'll see you in school."

I smiled and turned around. I wanted her to say something like "Oh, Will. Please don't go! Come on. Let's make out!" And I honestly believed my fantasy was about to be fulfilled when I heard her voice from behind me say, "Wait."

I probably looked very expectant as I turned around. I felt expectant too. I was expecting something atleast like "hey, you wanna come for a swim?" But all she did was sort of stare at me for a second.

That was untill I heard a women voice say, "Ellie, would your friend like to borrow a suit and go for a swim, too? I'm sure one of Geoff's would fit him."

I presumed that that was her mother. But strangely enough, one if the main thoughts going through my mind were, whoa, why are some guys swim trunks here? But then I figured, you know. She probably has a brother. And I also suddenly felt like going to give this lady I didn't know a big hug because she made my dreams come true. 

Or atleast I thought they were going to come true before I heard Ellie say, rolling her eyes, "Uh, no, Mom. We're ok."

Whoa whoa whoa. Slow down there! I would very much enjoy floating beside you Ellie Harrison. 

"Actually," I said, despite the fact that it was sort of obvious she might want me to leave. "A swim might be nice."

To say that Ellie looked suprised by this would be a huge understatment. But, hey, cut me some slack. I just want to hang out with her. And if that leads to something else...ok. Teenaged hormonal mind please go away. You have Jen....But Ellie might be....Argh. Stupid thoughts. Get. Out. Of. My. Mind. Preverted thoughts!

But I just smiled at her and went inside to put on some other persons bathing suit. It could have been a bikini for all o care, so long as I get in that flippen pool.

"Hi," I said to her mother after I stepped back inside the kitchen. I smiled at her. "I'm Will Wagner. And I'm guessing you're Ellie's mom...?"

She was staring down at a book on the counter that I couldn't see the title of from where I stood. But then she looked at it and said slowly, "His broad clear brow in the sunlight glow'd."

I couldn't for the life of me have told you what she was talking about, but then she looked up at me and smiled. "Oh hey. Um, swim suit?" I nodded. "I laid it on the table behind you. Bathrooms down the hallway and to the right." She pointed.

"Oh, thanks," I smiled and grabbed the swim suit. I walked briskly to the bathroom, changed, and came out without even looking to see what I was wearing really. For all I know I could have been wearing that bikini.  

When I walked into the kitchen, her mom was still in there. 

"Hey will you give Ellie this?" she asked handing me two glasses of lemonade. "She freaks me out that she's going yo dehydrate sitting out there in the sun every day."

"Sure," I said smiling, and also taking the towel she handed me and throwing it around my neck. So this girl really floated around a lot. Intresting. 

I walked outside, having not pointed out that the best way to keep you hydrated is really water. 

"Free, fast delivery," I said with a wink, handing it to her. But as I did my fingers brushed up against hers and...I'm not really sure. It almost felt like she shocked me. But in a really pleasent way. Very, very pleasent. I pretended not to notice and I might have pulled it off. I highly doubt that but I tried. 

"Oh my God," Ellie said taking the glass. I swear, for a second I thought she aS checking me out. Probably was just flattering myself though. But she continued to say, "Did she-did she TALK to you?"

"Who?" I asked slightly confused, plopping down on the other raft in the pool. "Your mom? Yeah. She's nice." I paused and thought back to what she had said when I first spoke to her. "What is she, a writer or something?"

"Professor," she said sort of slowly. "Both of them." 

Well I guess that would make sence. I'd cought site of an office on my way back that had quite a few books in it. 

"Oh, well, that would explain it," I said flippantly.

She looked at me with a combination of curious, confusion, and almost panic across her face. "Explain what?"

"Your mom," I began. "She quoted some poem after I introduced myself. Something about a broad clear brow."

She looked kind of almost...sickened as she asked, "His broad clear brow in the sunlight glow'd"

"Yeah," I said recognizing that as what her mother had said. "That's it. What was that all about?"

"Nothing," Ellie said. Although she didn't look like she meant nothing. She looked kind of frustrated or something. But she went on to explain how it was a line from the poem The Lady of Shallot. And how she was taking a year off from teaching to write a book about on Elaine of Astolat. And how she thought she was acting a little bit more crazier then usaul. 

That made me smile. 

"That must be cool," I said kind of wistfully, floating over towards the rock I'd been standing on earlier. "To have parents who talk about poetry and books and stuff." Those are pretty much my dream parents right there. 

"Oh, you have no idea," she said in a voice that indicated she thought it was anything but. 

I thought about the poem for a second and realized it sounded slightly familiar. 

"How's the rest of it go?" I asked curiously, pearing over at her. 

"The rest of what?" she asked. 

"The poem."

She took a breath then went on to tell me. "'His broad clear broad in the sunlight glow'd. On burnish'd hooves his war horse trode;/From underneath his helmet flow'd/His coal black curls as on he rode,/As he rode down to Camelot.' It's a very lame poem. She died at the end, floating in a boat. Weren't you supposed to meet some people at Dairy Queen after practice today?"

I was going to tell her how cool it was again to be able to grow up around people who studied stuff like that and tought it, but her question through me off.

Answer was, yes. I was. But did I want to was the more appropriate question. Because that would have been more simple to answer. No. 

"I guess," I ended up saying. But then I realized Ellie Harrison had no way if knowing this. "How'd you know about that?"

"Because I heard Jenifer ask you about it when I saw you in the hallway today," she said. Ok. This girl was confusing me. A few minutes ago, it seemed like she barely knew who I was. But know she heard what Jen said to me AND knows my girlfriends name. Oh this is weirder then I suspected. 

I was in too big s shock to say anything. A moment later though she asked the unanswered question floating around the pool with us. "She's your girlfriend, right?"

I wanted her to sound dissapointed when she said that almost. But then again, I wanted her to seem happy. So I didn't know how to initially respond to that. 

I took a sip of my lemonade-good, by the way. Real good. Maybe worth dehydrating for- and then lowered my head back to the cushiony raft. 

"Yeah," I said. "Going on two years."

I know I didn't sound happy about it which made me feel like crap, but couldn't help it. I also knew what question was going to come from Ellie Harrisons (why do I feel the need to use her last name?!) mouth next. I already knew her that well. 

"Don't," I simply said looking up at her. I'd had a nice view of her legs before I did though. 

"Don't what?" she asked suprised. 

"Don't ask me what I'm doing in your pool instead of hers. Because I honestly don't know. Let's talk about something else, okay?"

To my suprise, she let it go. But then she asked me another question that also kind of suprised me. But in a different way. 

"What were you doing exactly in the ravine that first day I saw you then?" she asked genuinely curious. 

"Oh," I said. It was kind of nice knowing that she asked me before jumping to a bunch of conclusions about how I was insane like Jen and Lance had. "I don't know. I just end up there sometimes. 

I realized though, that probably made me sound like a complete wack job, but it really didn't bother me for some reason. 

 TO BE CONTINUED TOMORROW........

-JaMiE

#10 xshimmerbluex

xshimmerbluex

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 02:01 AM

Its tomorrow so update lol :a_smil08:
:spinstar: :spinstar: :spinstar: :spinstar: :spinstar: :spinstar: :spinstar: :spinstar: :spinstar: :spinstar: :spinstar: :spinstar: :spinstar: :spinstar: :spinstar: :spinstar: :spinstar: :spinstar: :spinstar: :spinstar: :spinstar:

#11 livexlovexdance

livexlovexdance

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 595 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 12:40 AM

Ahhh!!! So good!

I'm so excited for the rest!

Update soon!

#12 Jcrazy

Jcrazy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 08:42 AM

Ok guys. I lied when I said tomorrow. I've been a tad bit stressed lately. Because my yearbook teacher keeps getting mad at my group because we don't have enough captions! Ahhhh no the worlds going to end if that person doesn't have a caption under that picture!!! Ahhhh! But no really, it's getting annoying. And also I have this dumb project for English. I have to read a book today, write a paper on it, do some sort of creative project display on it, and take an accelerated reader test on it (If you've ever had to deal with AR test you know how sucky and pointless they are!) And usaully reading a book in a day is not a problem for me at all, I can read like a maniac. But for some reason when I have to read it by a certain time or date or whatever I just can't take it because I hate being told what to do. So yeah I'm a little busy. But as soon as my issues pass I will update for you guys! I know. I suck. But i'm trying!!

Much love,
jamie

ps: has anyone ever read Rain Is Not My Indian Name?

#13 Jcrazy

Jcrazy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 04:20 PM

Ok. So this update is short because it's just the rest of chapter three. But bare with me here. The updates will be getting longer and more intresting.

CONTINUATION OF CHAPTER THREE

I realized though, that probably made me sound like a complete wack job, but it really didn't bother me for some reason. 

I felt...comfortable...around her? But that wasn't only it. As I asked her, "So why did you move to Annapolis anyway?" I realized I felt...good. Almost...happy?

Wow. Well there's a first time for everything it seems. 

"Well," she began. She went on to explain how her parents had taken a sabbatical in order to try and right a book and they moved here for the next year.  

"I can relate to that," I said. "When I was younger and my dad, who was in the navy, always had been stationed at a whole lot of different places. And I had to move to change schools like every other year, right? And I hated it with a passion. But then he got a teaching job at the Acadamy."

And we just went on like that. For a pretty long time. I told her about Avalon and how I liked sailing. I even talked about Lance some. About our trip down to the coast that summer. I avoided the subject of Jen though and it didn't seem to bother Ellie one bit. 

It was really peaceful, too. Lying there, while the sun began to set orange behind the trees so the leaves almost shone. And looking at the Ellie would smile or laugh when I said something that wasn't even all that funny. But SHE was funny. She entertained me with stories about all sorts of different things untill I heard her mom come out.

"Hey Ellie?" she called.

"Yeah, Mom?" Ellie asked sitting up.

"I got Thai food if you guys are hungry," she said. 

Ellie looked at me. "Do you wanna stay for dinner?" she asked smiling for some reason. 

"I'd love to," I said returning the smile with a shrug. 

So I did stay and I think I had the best night of my life. 

Sure I probably ate too much and slightly bored them with the stories I told them, but I loved every second of it. 

The way she and her parents interacted almost amazed me. They could tease each other for hours it appeared, without annoying one another. They were just…funny, telling me story after story. I didn't even feel like I was intruding like I expected to. I felt natural almost eating and laughing with them.

I met her cat, too. It sounds weird, but for some reason, meeting her cat felt like a big deal. Don't ask why, I have no clue. But he was cute and chubby and fuzzy like most cats are. I asked her what his name was and she said Tigger. She said it's not her fault, she named it when she was six. So it's understandable. I just laughed and told her my dog Cavilers name. Which, if anything is odd, that is. I know it's the strangest name ever, but it was the first name that popped into my head when I was naming her. 

And, long story short, it was the most fun time I've had in a long time. I hadn't laughed that much since God knows when and I didn't want it to stop. I was hoping it wouldn't stop, but I did have to leave after dinner. 

So Ellie walked me to the door after I thanked her parents, saying the whole "ma'am" and "sir" thing so that they will love me. And then I looked at Ellie and said, "See you tomorrow, Elle."

It wasn't untill I got in my car and watched her watch me pull away (I'm not a stalker! I swear, you don't need to watch me leave. I'm really going!) that I realized I'd called her Elle. Which was…weird. Because it's not like I'd known her really long enough to nickname her something. And I hadn't heard her parents or anyone call her Elle. So why had I?

I didn't know and truth be told I didn't care. But I found it sort of fit her in a way. Hmm...Elle. I liked it. I liked her.

A lot. 

Which was really stupid of me. Because a, I just met her and it's not normal to like someone the way I was talking about liking her in a few hours; and b, I already had a girlfriend! Did it qualify as cheating even if I didn't do anything? I guessed probably no if I didn't try anything, but still. I really, really, wanted to. 

But I'm being an idiot! Elle (whoa am I going to call her that even in my head?) doesn't even know me. And I don't know her. It's impossible to have feelings for someone when you barely know them and you already have a really nice and pretty girlfriend. I mean…right?

Yes, right. Of course. Duh. I didn't like Elle (guess i am) as anything more then a friend. She was just a really beautiful and funny and smart and nice and sweet and awesome and FEMALE friend....

Oh, God. What the hell have I gotten myself into?  

Comments? Cc?

JamiE

#14 livexlovexdance

livexlovexdance

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 595 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 08:59 PM

Yay! An update!

Sooo good! I love Will!!!

Update soon!

#15 xshimmerbluex

xshimmerbluex

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 12:19 PM

Yay!
i :heartbeat: it
you can picture it going though his mind
:spinstar: :spinstar: :spinstar: :spinstar: :spinstar: :spinstar: :spinstar: :spinstar: :spinstar: :spinstar: :spinstar: :spinstar: :spinstar: :spinstar: :spinstar: :spinstar: :spinstar: :spinstar: :spinstar:

#16 Jcrazy

Jcrazy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 11:12 PM

CHAPTER FOUR

"A. William Wagner I am going to kill you!" was what I heard when I arrived home after my dinner at Elle's (yep I have officialy decided that's what I'm going to call her. In my head or aloud). 

It was Jen, incase you're wondering. And right next to her was Lance. They both looked equally annoyed. 

"What....?" I asked. Although I already knew. I'd kind of ditched them to hang out with Elle. 

"Don't say what!" Jen exploded. "Will, what's up with you? You're never around anymore. If you tell me you were on that freaking rock at the park again I swear I'm going to—"

"I wasn't," I interupted her, passing by them and walking into the kitchen. "Hey, where's my dad?"

"He and Jean are at some function," Jen said quickly. "But that's not the point! Where were you tonight?"

"No where," I lied. Because I had definantly been somewhere. "What about Marco?"

"Upstairs," Lance said. "He let us in then left us. Really man, where WERE you?"

"I told you," I said getting a water out of the fridge. "No where."

"Liar!" Jen said. "You had to of been somewhere. Come on Will. We are you're best friends. I'm you're girlfriend for crying out loud! Where were you when you blew us off?"

I turned around and sighed. "Do you guys have to know every aspect of my life?"

They appeared to think about it for a moment then nodded their heads up and down at rapid speeds. 

"Fine," I said leaning back against the counter and crossing my arms. "I…was at a friends house."

Ok. I know that sounded lame and all, but it was the best I could come up with. I really didn't care if Lance knew where I had been, but last time when Jen had thought I was just looking at Elle she had gotten mad. 

"Friend?" Lance echoed incredulously. "Dude, not to sound mean or anything, but you don't have that many friends."

"That's not true," I said defensively. "I have plenty of friends."

"You have plenty of acquaintances," Jen corrected me. "We are the only people you ever actually really talk to about stuff. And even then you barely talk to us. So tell us." She paused. "Who is the friend?"

I sighed. "Look, it's no one." Biggest lie ever. She's definantly someone. "She's just—"

"She?" Jen asked susrprised. 

"Yeah." I cleared my throat. "She's a female. Does that make a differance?"

"Maybe," Lance actually grinned a little. "Is she hot?"

I shot him a disgusted look while Jen slapped his arm. 

"I don't know," I said turning around to put my water back in the fridge. I was lying again, I knew if she was hot. And the answer was heck yeah beautiful. I usaully didn't lie. I hated liars and avoided it at all cost, but the lies just kept coming now. "She's just like a friend."

"You can have hot friends," Lance said. "There's nothing—"

"Shut UP!" Jen said to Lance pushing him aside. "Will. Who is she though?"

"She's new," I said with a shrug. "At school. And…"

"Oh. My. God," Jen said. It looked like realization spread across her face. "It's that girl from the park you thought you knew, isn't it?"

"No way!" Lance said as he saw my face turn a lovely reddish embarrased color. He laughed. "Good guess, Jen."

She rolled her eyes. "Will," she sighed. 

"It's nothing!" I groaned passing them and walking back into the living room. "I just could have sworn I had met her before, so I went to see if she knew who I was."

"And...?" Lance prompted at I sat down on the L-shaped couch. 

"And what?" I asked confused. 

"Did she know you?" he asked coming to sit with me, as well as Jen. 

"No," I said simply, with a shrug.

"Well then why were you there all afternoon?" Jen asked. It didn't seem like she really cared to know, she looked noticably less freaked then she had before and mostly now just bored with the subject. Jen had a way of getting over things fast. 

"Just because it turned out we didn't know each other doesn't mean we couldn't talk," I said defensively. 

"But didn't she think you were a little…crazy possibly?" Lance asked propping his feet up on the coffee table. 

"Probably," I said with a grin. "But she was nice still."

"Whatever," Jen said. "So what did you guys talk about?"

"Life," I said with a shrug. "Just…stuff going on."

Jen and Lance exchanged a glance that looked slightly worried that I don't think I was supposed to see. They've been doing that recently and I'm not sure what it means. I just sort of ignore it. 

"What about life?" Jen asked. 

"Just…you know," I said. "Why she moved here, school, funny stories…nothing unusaul."

"For you that is unusaul," Jen muttered.

"What's that mean?" I asked annoyed.

"It means you don't share anything with anyone, Will," she said. "You keep to yourself and don't let anyone in really."

"Do you still want to be a therapist?" I asked Jen, surprising her. 

"Yes," she said.

"Good," I told her. She's always to deep and talking about my emotions. I swear, the only person she can't help is herself sometimes. 

She rolled her eyes. "Will. I'm serious."

"Oh I know," I said.

"You got any food around here?" Lance asked casually hopping up. 

"Yes," I said. 

When he started toward the kitchen I called, "But wait!"

"What man?" he asked turning around. 

"You eating my food means you're not mad at me and neither is Jen," I said grinning.

He groaned. "I, Lance Renoylds, am not mad," he said putting his hand over his heart. 

"And Jen...?" I asked swinging my head around to look at her. 

She looked between Lances and I pleading faces, Lances probably more pleading then mine. She groaned and then sighed. 

"You are both so desperate!" She laughed. "Yes. I'm not mad at you Will. Go eat you moron," she added to Lance. 

"Thank you!" Lance shouted running into the kitchen. 

I laughed and when he was gone Jen glanced at me. 

"Hey," she said slowly. "Sorry I freaked. You know it's ok. You can be friends with whoever you like. It's not up to me."

I smiled at her. "Thanks. And really Jen, I just thought I knew her."

She smiled back at me and leaned up to kiss me. 

Now kissing Jen is very fun, she's always way into it...even when I'm not which is slightly annoying. And she's very....eh, long story short? She's a really good kisser. I mean, she's got God given talents in that field. But I still think she needs to chill out a little sometimes and actually talk to me.

I mean, I'm a guy....shouldn't I be the one wanting to make out all the time?She just...I think she avoids talking to me by kissing me. Really. And when she kisses me, it's not like I don't like it. Oh, I definitely like it. But I just don't...feel anything. 

I'm aware I sound like a girl by saying that but I don't care. 

"Hey," I said pulling back a minute later. "You sure you don't care if I have a friend that's a girl?"

"I don't care," she sighed. "Please, Will. I'm fine, seriously."

"Ok," I said leaning back against the couch. "Sorry."

Lance walked back in the room with a soda in one hand and a bag of chips in the other. 

"Hey, didn't you just go to Dairy Queen?" I asked curiously as he collapsed on the couch. 

"Yeah," he said opening the bag. "So?"

I shook my head. "Nothing."

"Well you've got to be hungry Will," Jen said looking up at me. "I mean, you haven't eaten since school?"

"Actually," I said carefully. "I ate at Ellie's."

"Ah," Jen said. "I see…"

I groaned. Convincing them Elle was just a friend wasn't going to be easy. Then again, convincing myself we were just friends wasn't going to be all that easy either. 

-Jamie :)

#17 GirloftheArts

GirloftheArts

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 05:36 PM

AMAZING POST! I can't wait! livi

#18 xshimmerbluex

xshimmerbluex

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 08:23 AM

AMAZING AS USUAL!!!
:spinstar: :spinstar: :spinstar: :spinstar: :spinstar: :spinstar: :spinstar: :spinstar: :spinstar: :spinstar: :spinstar: :spinstar: :spinstar: :spinstar: :spinstar: :spinstar: :spinstar: :spinstar: :spinstar: :spinstar: :spinstar:

#19 livexlovexdance

livexlovexdance

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 595 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 10:14 PM

That was a great update!

I can't wait to read more! :D

Update soon!

#20 Jcrazy

Jcrazy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 10:03 PM

Oh my goodness it's been quite a while hasn't it?! I have been working on a lota other stories and forgotten about this one. How dare I?!! Argh, so dissapointed in myself. :( But do not fret. After having re read what I wrote above, my excitment for it has come back! And I shall update sooooon. As in like hopefully this week. No DEFINITELY this week! Uh huh I'm sooo gonna go write..... :user:

:hyper:
-jamiE

#21 Anshi

Anshi

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 959 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 04:00 AM

NEW READER ALERT!!!!!!!

I really like this
man will is funny
its really fun to know both sides of the story

-AnshiPosted Image

#22 fat_louie_is_my_hero

fat_louie_is_my_hero

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 09:12 AM

Love it! I like how you make him sound just like a guy. I just thought they would think more about food lol.

Update!

Em :cat:

#23 Jcrazy

Jcrazy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 03:22 PM

Yayy! Thank you guys! You're too kind. Really. And, as promised, I wrote! And it was less then a week! It was a DAY! yay so proud of myself. Hehe. Ok. Update timmmmme! It's a tad short but cut me some slack. I am slow :)

CHAPTER FIVE

I can solve a problem if I need to. It's just a thing I've always been pretty good at: problem solving. 

Not necessarily my own problems, but other peoples? Now that I can handle. 

Which is why, when I see something stupid happening, I try to control it. For example, when there are some idiot bullies picking on some guy because they think they can. I don't care if those idiot bullies are sort of friends of mine. They're still acting like idiots. 

So the next day when I was getting out of one of my classes, and I spotted Lance surronded by the guys, and a little nerdy guy in the middle of them, that stupid saying about treating others the way you would like to he treated went through my head, and it wouldn't get out, like always. 

They were standing outside Morton's class, and I couldn't exactly hear what they were saying, other then that one of them-Rick- had taken the nerd's- Ted's- notebook or something. So, annoyed and agitated, I reached up to where Rick was holding the notebook and grabbed it from him. 

"Here, Ted," I said, not in the happiest voice. I mean, would you be happy if you saw that happening and you had to help? Ok, so I didn't have to help. But I would have felt bad if I hadn't. 

"Thanks, Will," Ted said, almost shaking. Geez, chill kid. I gotcha covered. 

"No problem," I said. I looked annoyed at Rick and added sternly, "Apologize."

"Come on, Will," Lance interjected where he didn't need to. "Rick was just messing around with the kid. He-"

This is when Lance really needs to keep his mouth shut. 

"We talked about this," I said irritated. Because we had. I'd told all these guys they needed to relax and find new ways to entertain themselves during class breaks other them picking on people. "Apologize to Ted, Rick."

Rick sounded serious enough to me as he said, "Sorry," to him. 

"’S all right," Ted said quickly, then jetted off down the hallway with his friend.

When he was gone I just rolled my eyes and looked annoyed at the group of jocks standing next to me. Half of them just walked away and the other half said, "Sorry, Will," and then walked away. I was left standing with Lance. 

"Man," Lance said as we started walking toward the lunchroom. "I don't know how you do that."

"What?" I asked curiously, moving out of everyones way. 

"Get people-even Rick- to apologize for something," he said simply shrugging. "You just seem so in charge when you do it. No one knows how."

"Oh," I said. I shook my head. "Whatever. Just...treat others how you'd like to be treated, right?"

"That's so lame," he said, rolling his eyes. 

"You're lame for saying lame," I said with another shrug as we neared the cafe.  

"Oh," Lance said, when we got closer. "Forgot to tell you: your 'friend' that you believe you know from somewhere somehow, is my new project partner."

I smiled. "Really? Isn't Ellie cool?"

"More like demanding," he said grabbing a lunch tray. "She is making me read the report in front of the class. All she has to do is research and write it and stuff..."

"Oh, my God," I said looking at him. "Are you serious? She is like a saint then. She's doing all the work."

"But-" he said. "...yeah you are so right. And she's kinda hot, so this shouldn't be too difficult."

"It shouldn't have been too difficult last year when you failed, but whatever," I said smiling. 

We paid for our food, I'd gotten a Gatorade and some chips and a cookie, or in other words, the most common lunch bought at Avalon. 

"So you think Ellie's kinda hot?" I asked as casually as possible while we sat down at an empty end of a table. 

"Well, yeah," he said with a shrug. "She's not like crazy amazing hot. But she's still hot."

Ehem. Ellie is crazy amazing incrediably hot. On fire, man. On the sun. 

I just nodded though, seeing Jen walk through the doors. She was surronded by her usaully throng of friends. Laughing and smiling and looking like some happy magezine photo as they all went to get some food. They always looked kind of...fake. But if you ever actually set down and talked to them, they were really nice. 

"Do you like her or something?" Lance asked curiously grabbing a chip. He looked almost hopeful. 

"No," I said quickly. Too quickly, maybe. "I'm with Jen completly, you know. I just...still think I know Ellie from somewhere. Or something."

He shook his head and took a gulp from his drink before saying, "Man, I'm saying this because' I care: I think you're going crazy."

Well, I guess I couldn't deny it.
:)

mmkay! So tell me whatchall think!! If you have any suggestions or whatever tell me and KABAM! I'll fix it! :D

-jamiE :D

#24 livexlovexdance

livexlovexdance

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 595 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 04:38 PM

Yay! An update!

This is such a good story! Keep up the good work! ;)

Update soon!

#25 Jcrazy

Jcrazy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 06:30 PM

Thanks Sara!!! I really enjoy writing it, Avalon High is my fav Meg book so I really really wanted to know what Will's POV would be like. And I realized I can make it however I want....hehe.

I'll update once I get a little more feedback. Hehe. I'm almost done with the next chapter. ;)

Tell me whatever. I take critisim....OK. Haha. Any suggestions? Lemme know you lovely people. <3

-jamiE XD

#26 Anshi

Anshi

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 959 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 04:01 PM

avalon high is one of my favorite books
u write really well
i would have never been able to write a guy's pov
keep updating
-anshi

#27 Jcrazy

Jcrazy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 04:21 PM

Anshi: yeah, writing from a guys pov was a little different. I've got a lot of big brothers though and Will's mind might be a little bit of each of theirs thrown into one. I don't think I'm quite as funny as I make Will sound. Haha. Thank you. I'll update soOn. Almost done!! <3

-jamiE
:spinstar: :spinstar: :spinstar: :spinstar: :spinstar:

#28 Jcrazy

Jcrazy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 04:44 PM

Hey you guys. You know how Will listens to the troubadour love ballads from midievil times?? Well, like I knew nothing about that so I googled it and i thought it was kind of interesting because it menitoned Geoffrey Chaucer who Ellie's brother, Geoff, was named after. The results I got were:

The Troubadours and Courtly Love
The ideals of courtly love was publicised in the poems, ballads, writings and literary works of various authors of the Middle Ages and sung by Troubadours. Geoffrey Chaucer, the most famous author of the Middle Ages, wrote stories about courtly love in the Canterbury Tales. The Troubadours of the Middle Ages sang ballads about courtly love and were expected to memorize the words of long poems describing the valour and the code of chivalry followed by the Medieval knights. The Troubadours sang about the Dark Age myths of Arthurian Legends featuring King Arthur, Camelot and the Knights of the Round Table. The Troubadours of the Middle Ages therefore strengthened the idea of a Knights Code of Chivalry and Courtly Love.

I just thought that was kinda interesting. An figured I'd share it with you guys. Haha. No one else would have understood while that interested me. Lol.

-jamiE :)

#29 Jcrazy

Jcrazy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 02:09 AM

Ok so this chapter in the book is like seriously long so I'm turning it into two chapters and two updates...so yeah. Hur yah goz peeps.

CHAPTER SIX

Have you ever noticed when you try not to think about something or someone you always end up thinking about them? Because, try not thinking about Ellie Harrison for a day. It's impossible. 

You see, after lunch, after seeing Jen and talking to Lance, I decided I needed to do whatever it took to try and keeep my mind off Elle. 

Turns out, that's not as easy as it sounds. 

I mean, I'd be sitting it class, and I would hear someone laugh and suddenly think about Elle. Like is Elle laughing? Is someone around Elle laughing? Will she laugh in the next ten minutes? 

It was just so obsessed already. 

I knew after many hours of pointless and idiotic thoughts, and crazy fantasies that you really don't want to know about, that I needed to clear messed up teenage mind. 

So, not actually having any plans after school yet for real, I just went to the park. 

Whatever. I know Jen and Lance think I'm crazy for sitting on a rock. They don't even know the kind of music I'm listening to while I'm on that rock. If they did, that would just up the crazy factor. 

So I got to the park, walked down the running trail, through the ravin area, and to my special rock. I sat down, pulled my iPod out of my pocket, inserted the headphones, and prepared myself for atleast an hour of getting my thoughts off a certain someone.

I stared at the creek water, watching it rush, thinking it really needed to rain because the water level had decreased a lot lately. I thought of rain, then I thought of water, then I thought of bodies of water, then I thought of pools, then I thought of the pool I'd last been in, then I thought of the person I'd been in that pool with, then I thought oh, crap. 

It was impossible, I decided. I couldn't stop thinking about Elle. So that's when I gave up on it. I was going to think about her as much as I wanted, whatever preverted thought crossed my mind, I was going to embrace it if it had to do with Elle. 

I kept staring at the water, completly lost in thoughts about her freaking beautiful golden colored eyes. Thinking about her laugh...I loved her laugh. 

I loved her. 

Oh, &$#%^&. 

I know. I know I shouldn't think that when I realize I'm in love with a girl. Actually, I think I loved her the second I saw her. I just didn't admit it untill now. But...this meant I was even more screwed then I figured. Because now I had to figure out what I wanted to do about it. 

I was debating quite a few things, my mind going into overdrive, when I felt something tug on my shoe. 

I looked down sharply, ready to kick the crap out of whoever interupted my blurry thoughts, and saw....

No freaking way. 

I smiled automatically and took my headphones out. 

"Oh. Hey, Elle. How was your run?" I asked, wondering how the hell she'd gotten down here so easily and how strange of a time she chose to arrive. 

She smiled a little back at me before looking at the rock, figuring how I'd gotten up there, and climbing up next to me. But not like right next to me. She sat sort of unnecessarily far away. 

"My run was okay," she said. 

After a second of wondering if she would think I was crazy, if I showed her what I wanted to, I decided I might as well. She probably already thought I was mentaly unstable. 

"Listen," I said holding up a hand. 

She looked kind of expectant, when I didn't say anything. She obviously didn't understand I wanted her to listen to the peacefulness of the ravin. I mean, she was the one person I thought might even the tinest bit understand why I liked to come here. She had her thing about floating, I'd realized. I think she did that to relax and rewind. So maybe she'd get this?

After a few moments though, she said, "Uh, Will? I don't hear anything."

I smiled a little bit, and glanced at her. "I know. Isn't it great? This is one of the few places around here people have left alone. No powerlines. No Gap. No Starbucks."

She was looking at me, I noticed. Really, really looking at me. Like she got it, I thought. But then, you know, she had to look away. 

"It's pretty," she said directing her gaze to the ravin instead of me now. 

Pretty? I thought. I'd never really thought of the place other then a quiet place to think. I guess it was, just that's not what it was to me. 

"You think so?" I asked, looking around. "I suppose. Mostly…it's quiet."

I guess I should have anticipated what was going to happen next. She knew I hadn't been listening to the quietness, but my iPod. 

And nobody really knows exactly what I listen to. 

"So what were you listening to?" she asked picking up my iPod I'd laid aside to talk to her. 

"Uh," I said, experiancing a panic attack pretty much, "Nothing, really."

"Come on," she teased me, smiling. "I've got Eminem in mine. Yours can't be that bad—"

And I guess it was. Since as soon as she saw it she said, incredulously, "Oh my God."

I wanted to die. 

I guess it is bad. I mean, I listen to freaking medieval music sung by troubadours, most of them being love ballads. 

But it's not my fault. Truthfully, I blame Marco. He's the one who got me into it. You see, a week after our parents got married, he was blasting music in his room and I found it slightly odd he was listening to classical music. I mean, I'd never really liked music like modern music that much. It just hadn't appealed to me. But then I'd gone into his room and asked, "Um, what in the world are you listening to?"

Because, trust me, he does not seem like the classical type. 

But then he told me and tossed me the CD and said, "Listen to it. You might be surprised."

So I had. Not expecting much. And I'd liked it. And so the obsession began.  

But now looking at Elle, seeing how she looked slightly embarrased, I just laughed. Really. I laughed. Because, well, the truth is, no one really cares what type of music you listen to. And I'd been sort of worried about it. 

While I was laughing (I couldn't seem to stop once I'd started) she said, "I'm sorry. I didn't mean—It's okay. I mean, lots of people like classical...stuff."

I finally cought my breath, and said, shaking my head. "Oh, God. If you could've seen your face. I bet that's exactly how you looked when you opened that filter basket and found that snake..." I added, refering to one of the many funny stories she's told me the previous night. 

But she just went on to say, "Sorry. You just don't strike me as the type to sit by yourself listening to"—she looked at my iPod—"Courtiers, Kings, and Troubadors."

And...well I guess I wasn't. But I felt kind of bad that everyone that thought they knew me really...didn't. 

"Yeah, well," I said in a way that sounded emo, even to my own ears. I took my iPod back from her. "I never thought I was either."

We were silent for a moment, taking in the lovely ackwardness that had surronded us. 

But then she really surprised me when she asked hesitantly, "Look. This isn't any of my business. But are you okay?

"Yeah," I said automatically. I mean, hello? She's sitting next to me. How could I not? "Why?"

"Uh." She began holding up fingers. "Senior class president. Quarterback of the football team. Valedictorian?"

I couldn't help but grin while I answered, "Probably." Because, really. There was no way not to sound stuck up in this conversation. 

"Valedictorian," she continued. She looked like she was enjoying this. "Going out with the prettiest, most popular girl in school. Likes to sit in the woods by himself listening to midieval love ballads. You see the whole one-of-these-things-is-not-like-the-other part?"

I kept grinning. She thought she had me pegged. Nuh uh. 

"You don't beat around the bush much, do you?" I asked. "Is that a Minnesota thing, or just an Elle Harrison thing?"

She looked kind of lost while she mumbled and "I don't know" and smiling. 

I was content, more then content, sitting there with her and listening to the nothingness that I loved around us. But then she broke it. 

She started to get up, saying, "Okay. Well, see you around."

Had I done something wrong? I mean, really. There was no reason for her to just jump up and leave now when all was good. She was the one who had come to me this time. Not the other way around. And now she was going? No. 

I reached up, instinctively, and grabbed her wrist with my hand.

"Wait a sec. Where are you going?" 

She looked down at my hand on her like I had just violated her or something. But then she just said, casually, "Um. Home."

"What's the rush?"

Ok. So I knew I sounded desperate-like and completly needy, but cut me some slack. She was...addictive. 

"Uh," she said again. "No rush. I just figured you wanted to be alone. And my dad's expecting me to call. For a ride home."

"I'll give you a ride home," I said immeadiatly, feeling confident she wouldn't say no. Yeah, ok. Maybe I wasn't quite so confident. 

I quickly climbed to my feet, pulling her with me...so she lost her balance because I was being way too aggressive I'd say. 

While she slightly wobbled, I grabbed her waist with my hand that wasn't holding her wrist and steadied her. 

I didn't want to move. I never wanted to move. People could have passed by and taken pictures of the crazy teenagers on a boulder and I wouldn't have cared, so long as I got to stay there...staring at her. 

Jen. 

Crap. Why did my mind have to go to that? Why did I have to think of Jen? Why did the world have to go round?

Oh, right. 'Cause it's supposed to. Even if you don't want it to. 
:D

tell me whatcha think.

-jamiE :)

#30 <3Cheese<3

<3Cheese<3

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 514 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 05:18 PM

Jamie, my dear, THAT SUCKED! hahaha. No I'm just kidding! That was AWEsome! Will is seriously funnnny. Update soon because if you don't I'll die.

-Cheyenne

#31 Anshi

Anshi

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 959 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 04:02 AM

Wow will is losing it now i can see it
i seriously cant wait for the back too school party
hehehe i know stupid mee

p.s the update was

AWSOME

#32 x--JinxedAngel

x--JinxedAngel

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 4,405 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 03:44 PM

Hey Jamie! New reader! I thought that was fantastic. It's really fascinating to read it in Will's POV. I'm actually looking forward to when he gives her the rose...

-Amy

#33 Jcrazy

Jcrazy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 06:59 PM

Cheyenne: Thank you....I think. Haha. XD

Anshi: Thanks. I can't wait to write that scene! Yay. I want to make it perrrrfect! :) Will's got to be going crazy at that moment.

Amy: Yayyyy! New reader! Thanks sOoo much. I love Will's mind as well. Hehe. He's so cool. :) Don't worry. That scenes coming up soOn!!

Thank all you guys! You make me want to write more. Knowing someone actually likes it really is a booster upper.

I have a very interesting idea for right before the football game...a new scene with Will and some team mates. It's in the works. It's gonna be crazy! Haha. I can't wait to write it!! Actually, I just want to constantly write this! It's so fun.

Hehe. I'll update verrrrry soon.

:heartbeat: jaMiE :D

#34 livexlovexdance

livexlovexdance

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 595 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 08:25 PM

Yay!!!

Another amazing update! As usual, I loved it!! :D

And I liked the explanation you gave for the music! I'd always wondered how he'd found that kind of stuff...

Update soon!

#35 Jcrazy

Jcrazy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 07:17 PM

Thanks Sara. Yeah, I figured there needed to be an explanation for that music. Haha

ok! Update everyone! I like this one....hehe

CHAPTER SEVEN

Screw it, I thought. Really, I was just about to say screw it and kiss this girl I had met for the first time yesterday. 

But then Jen came to mind...and I couldn't do that. Not really. 

"You all right, there, now?" I asked, letting go of her waist reluctantly. 

She laughed a little. "Sure. Sorry."

Please, don't be.

We started to climb down from the boulder, and out the ravin, me helping her. I tried to find something to talk about and settled on one of the things that interested me most about her. 

Her parents. 

"You three are funny together," I told her smiling. 

"We are?" she asked, clearly not thinking the same thing. 

But damn was she wrong. I'd never seen anyone able to interact the way they had. It was incredible. 

"Yeah," I said, trying to convince her. "The way they teased you about keeping the pool filters so clean. And the way you razzed them back about the snake. That was funny. I could never joke around with my dad like that. All he ever wants to talk about is where I'm going to school next year."

"Oh. That's right. You're graduating in the spring," she said changing the subject to one I didn't particularly enjoy. 

"Yeah. And my dad wants me to go to the Academy."

Not that there's anything wrong with the Naval Academy. Killing people just isn't my calling, I don't think. Actually, I know.

"Well," she said after a moment. "Itms an excellent school. One of th hardest to get into in the country, and all."

She sounded like all those school counslers. Completley right, yet completley wrong at the same time. 

"I know." I shrugged. "And I've got the grades and test scores and everything. But I'm not so sure I want to go into the military." I held back a branch for her to pass under. "You know? Visit new places. Meet new people. And kill them."

"Well," she said again. "Yeah. I could see how that could suck. Did you, um, mention that? To your dad?"

"Oh yeah," I said nodding.

"And?" she asked when I didn't continue. "How'd he take it?"

"He pretty much freaked." I shrugged. 

Freaked might actually be an understatment. I'd told him I might want to go somewhere else. He'd stared at me for a moment, yelled at me for a moment, and turned down the idea in less then a moment. 

"Oh," she said. "Well. What do you want to do instead?"

Good question. I had no idea. 

"I don't know," I said slowly. "My dad says Wagner men have always been"—I made air quotes—"making a difference in the world." I dropped them. "And I want to make a difference. I really do. But I don't want to do it by blowing people up."

"I can understand that."

I realized I must have been sounding extreamly stuck up, talking about how someone was willing to pay for my education and it wasn't what I wanted. 

"Sorry," I said laughing a little, running my hand through my hair. She followed my motion. "I shouldn't compliant. My dad wants me to go to one of the best schools in the country, which he's completley willing to pay for and I shouldn't have any trouble getting into. Everyone should have my problems, right?"

"Well," she said as we got closer to the end of the ravin. "It kind of is a problem if the only school your dad's willing to pay for is the one you don't want to go to…Especially, you know, if you don't want to be in the military. Because shooting off guns seems like a big part of being at the Academy. At least judging by all the noise I hea from the gunnery every day."

"Yeah," I said, amazed she got it as we reached the footpath. A lady was walking by with her dog on a leash. She saw us come out of the woods and immeadiatly started walking faster. Obviously paranoid about us. I grinned. 

"Probably thinks we were making a sacrifice to Satan," I said grinning when I cought Elle's eye. 

I was amazed she could keep a straight face while she said, "And her dogs our next victim." She smiled when I brusted out laughing though. 

When we'd gotten closer to the place where my car was, passing the chirpping crickets and looking at the crazy bright sun setting, I had an idea. One I decided to persue even if it back fired. 

"Listen," I said, breaking the slience. "What are you doing Saturday night?"

"Saturday?" she asked blinking at me. 

That'd be the day, I thought. 

"I'm having a party," I went on. 

Yeah. Ok. A party. Is that so weird? Ok, being who I am now, it's weird. But I've been having this sort of back-to-school thing since freshmen year and Jen and Lance think that tradition should go on. So it will. 

"A party?" she asked confused. 

"Yeah," I said wondering why she was confused. "Saturday night. After the game." She looked lost, which was understandable that she didn't know since she'd only been going to Avalon for like two days. I smiled a little and added, "The football game? Avalon against Broadneck? You're going, aren't you?"

"Oh," Elle said. She still looked slightly confused but said, "Sure I'm going."

"Great," I said. "Anyway, I'm having a party afterwards. At my house. A back-to-school thing. Can you come?"

She stared at me weirdly. Her eyes were really pretty, have I mentioned. Like soft and light and somehow intimidating at the same time. She looked so sweet and cute but, then again, not at all. I don't know. It's hard to explain.

"Um," she said looking like she was having some sort of internal conflict. 

Trying to help out, I said, "Don't worry, it won't be wild, or anything. My parents'll be there. Come on, you'll like it. It's a pool party. You can bring your raft."

I smiled and she did too while I elbowed her side in a way that was friendly and convincing I hoped. 

"Okay," she said making my day. "I'll be there. Um, without my raft, though. It has a curfew. It has to be home by nine."

I grinned at her while seeing something behind her. I looked at the kids at the slightly rundown house a few houses down. They had a little lemonade stand set up outside. I grinned again. 

"Oh, hey," I said casually. "Want some lemonade?"

She looked where I had pointed and smiled a little. 

"C'mon," I said. I don't care if she thinks I'm all pushy. "I'll buy you a lemonade."

"Whoa," she said sarcastically. "Big spender."

I didn't stop grinning like an idiot, even as we neared the table the kids had sat up. There was a checkered table cloth on top, above the sign that read LEMONAID: 25 cents. There was also a rose sitting on a vase next to a cluster of Dixie cups. 

"Wanna buy some lemonade?" the three kids said together, rehearsed, but cute. 

"Is it any good?" I said sarcastically, joking around. "I'm not spending a whole quarter if it isn't the best lemonade in town."

"It is!" they yelled excited. "It's the best. We made it ourselves!"

"I don't know. What do you think?" I asked skeptically, glancing at Elle. 

She played along as she shrugged, saying, "Might as well try it."

"Try it, try it," the kids cried again. 

I couldn't help but smile a little as the oldest kid added, "Look, we'll give you a taste, and if you like it, you can buy a cup."

I pretended to think about it, making them all go half crazy with anticipation, you could tell. Elle was also smiling while I said, "Okay, deal."

One of them poured a little bit into a cup, and handed it to me. They all watched me giggly while I pretended again to make a huge deal about tasting it and swishing it around like one of those wine testing people (how do you get that job? Seriously? I'd rather do that then go to the Academy…). 

"Nice bouquet," I said after swallowing. Still playing it up. "Tangy, and not too sweet. A most excellent year for lemonade, obviously. We'll take two cups."

"Two cups!" they all said excitedly. "They'll take two cups!"

When they finished filling them, I handed one of them to Elle quite dramatically with flourish. 

"Why, thank you," she said, playing along, smiling as she curtsied back to me. 

"My pleasure," I said pulling my wallet out of the back pocket of my jeans. I took out a five, like I had already decided to do. I had already decided EXACTLY what I wanted to do. And it was kind of risky…but I didn't care. 

"And you three," I told the kids, sitting the five on the table, "can keep the change if you give me that rose there."

They stared transfixed at the five before the oldest one recovered and grabbed the flower, tossing it at me. 

"Here. Take it," she said quickly. 

"Thank you," I said happy with myself. 

We turned to leave, listening to them say, "Five dollars! That's more'n we've made all day!"

We both grinned, Elle and me (hmm I like the ring of that. "Elle and me." Wow, I need some help. Jen. Right, my girlfriend....dear God help me), as we walked toward where my car was. 

"You know they're just going to spend that money on candy that'll rot their teeth," she said smiling. 

Of course. "I know," I said looking straight ahead. 

I tried to remain calm, relaxed, suave, whatever, as I handed her the rose, still looking straight ahead, and said, "For you."

"Oh," she said surprised, when I looked at her. She looked down at it. "I couldn't. I mean—"

Could she be any cuter?

She looked at me and must have saw how I was nearly smiling, but still serious, as I said, "Elle. Just take it."

She did. 

And I couldn't stop smiling. 
:)

yayyyyy. So tell me what you think about THAT!

:heartbeat: jamiE

#36 livexlovexdance

livexlovexdance

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 595 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 10:39 PM

YAY!!!

That just might have been my favorite chapter so far...

Oh my gosh, that was sooo good! And adorable! :D

Update soon!

#37 Anshi

Anshi

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 959 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 10:54 PM

i am falling in lovw with A.WILLIAM WAGNER all over again

*sigh*
what have you done to me
can a guy be more cute than that

by the way

awsome update !!!

ohh its the party scene next i am going crazy

#38 x--JinxedAngel

x--JinxedAngel

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 4,405 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 02:35 PM

^ SAMEEE. He is so cute. Eeh. I loved the update. (: The rose giving part was just awesome. Update soon!

-Amy

#39 Jcrazy

Jcrazy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 04:17 PM

Sara: THANK YOU!! haha. I loved that chapter too! I just love Will :heartbeat:

Anshi: Thanks dude! Lol. I know the feeling :) Will rocks. And there's still a little while till the party...I'm adding some new scenes...one that I think will be quite interesting. Hehe. Thanks.

Amy: Thanks :) Will is AH-hotttt-MAZING! Hehe.

Ok so..update? Haha. Yeah I don't want to freak make you worry about the party scene so I'll go ahead and tell you there will be this update, and one more before it. Hehe. But don't worry. I'll make it rock when it comes :)

(this ones kinda short. Sorry.)

CHAPTER EIGHT!!!!!

I was lying on the floor in my room, for some odd reason, later that night after I gave Elle the rose. I felt...high. And not like I'd smoked something, just like I was on top of the world. 

I re-ran our conversations through my mind over and over again, staring at the ceiling, ignoring all other facts that would disrupt my happy thoughts. Example: Jen. She's my girlfriend....and I like another girl more then her. So. Apparently I had a bit of a situation upon me. 

But, I sat aside those thoughts for a little while, and replaced them with Elle. 

That is, untill my door opened and Marco walked in. 

"You have a bed. You don't need to lie on the floor, you idiot," he said coming in loudly and closing the door behind him. 

"I'm fine here," I said calmly, the way you have to deal with Marco. 

"You don't look fine," he said, closely inspecting my face. "You look like you've been smoking something."

"I have not," I said moving my hands out from behind my head and sitting up a little. 

"So then why are you all....you know? Happy-like?" he asked, disgusted. 

"I…" I said slowly, looking back at the ceiling. "I think I am completley screwed."

Normally, Marco would be the last person I'd talk to about anything. But I couldn't exactly share this with my friends; they knew I was with Jen. And Marco was...well he didn't share anything with anyone and anything we had ever talked about had been kept in secret. But that's mostly because we never talked.  

"Ah, so you met a girl," he said nodding and colapsing in my spinny chair next to my desk. 

"How'd you guess?"

"You don't look entirely depressed," he said spinning around once. 

"Ah," I said again, nodding."Yeah, well she is awesome."

"I would hope nothing less." He nodded, not even looking like he was paying attention.

"Yeah..." I said slowly. "But Jen?"

"What about Jen? You could just have two girlfriends," he said easily, a wicked smile spreading across his face; knowing and annoying. 

I looked disgusted at him. "No, I don't think so."

"Whatever," he said with a shrug. "You're missing out."

I rolled my eyes at him and looked back toward the ceiling. 

"So what's her name?" he asked a minute later. 

"Ellie," I said, smiling at the ceiling. 

"Short for Elaine?" he guessed. I nodded. Why did it matter? 

"Interesting," he said. He stood up and walked out of the room quickly before I could even ask why that was interesting. Look, he's just strange. 

I shook my head and leaned back again. I only had a few more minutes of peace before my door was opened again. 

"Will," my dad said, walking in and looking slightly irritated and annoyed. "I.....what are you doing?"

He noticed me sitting on the floor I guess. Was it that weird?

"Staring at the ceiling," I answered. 

He shook his head at me, letting it pass, and said, "Whatever. Look, so have you seen my wallet?"

See the emotional and in depth conversations I have with my father?

"It's next to the coffee maker," I said, hearing my phone go off in my pocket. 

"Ok," he said. Yeah, your welcome Dad. "Shouldn't you be studying or something? You graduate this year and if you want to be sure to get into the Academy you had better-"

"I got it," I said, pulling my phone out. 

He grumbled something and left, forgetting to close the door behind his as usaul, which is one of those things that just annoy the heck out of me for some reason. 

I looked at the new text message I had from Jen. 

Jen: Heyyy baby! What are you doing?

I can't stand text lingo or whatever you want to call it. I mean, if you're too lazy to write "you" instead of "u" then that just shows you how low this freaking country has sunk. 

Me: Staring at the ceiling. What about you?

Jen: Will, hun, that's just weird ;)
And I'm at DQ with the team. 

You see, when she says "the team" she's refering to the chearleading squad. I don't exactly consider it a sport, not to be offensive to people who do. But they do not exactly cheer me up in any sort of way. If anything, they just distract the guys during the game. But hey, I still love the uniforms. 

Me: Cool. Having fun?

Jen: Yeah! Haha. Destiny just dropped Claire's cell n her blizzerd! 

Jen was really amazing...being who she was and having as many privledges as she did, she could be extreamly stuck up. But she's not. She is nice and sweet and funny a lot of the time...but Elle was....

Ok. I had to stop thinking about Ellie Harrison. 

Me: Haha. Hey, we should do something this weekend. You, me, and Lance. Let's go out on the boat. 

Jen: Yeah! Oh we haven't done that n 4ever! Totally yes! I'll ask Lance, if u want me too!!

Me: Haha. Yeah sure. It'll b fun.

I didn't realize untill after I'd sent it I'd used "b" instead of "be."

Eh, screw it. 

•*•*•

"Excalibur! Excalibur!" Morton chanted the lamest school cheer yet again. Some people chanted it. A lot didn't. 

But I think everyone was fairly happy to be there, at the pep rally before the game at school at Friday. Because we all got to get out of class. 

I heard my name called out over the speaker,like everyone else on the teams had, and knew it was my cue to run out like everyone else also had. The applause grew, people jumped up as I ran on the court. I felt embarrased but nice in a way. It didn't die down at all though, so I did the only thing I could think of. 

I grabbed the microphone from Mr. Morton, my old world lit teacher, and said, "Thanks, everybody. We're just going to go out there and play our best, and we hope all of you will come out tonight and join us."

The applause still didn't really die down, but I started to hand out to Morton, looking at the crowd of students. And I saw her. Really. 

I didn't even me to. I'm serious. It's like my gaze automatically found Elle in the sea of students and what was I supposed to do other then wink at her and smile? Well, ok. Maybe the wink was a little much and I could have looked away if I wanted to...aw just forget it Wagner. Face it: you love her. A lot. 

But she really didn't even smile back. She just turned and looked at the people she was talking to and said something to them while I turned and left. I didn't even really get a smile back. Well...ok then. 

That doesn't mean anything...right?
;)

hehe. Comments? Yah.

-jamiE :) :) :)

#40 Anshi

Anshi

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 959 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 01:45 AM

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!

HE IS SOO SMITTEN
SO AHMAZING (IF YOU WANT YOU WANT CAN REPLACE IT WITH SWEET/ HOTT NO WAIT SMOKIN HOT)

ok i am going to stop hyperventilating
but seriously if anyone has harry potters magic contact moi

-Ashi/liberty

#41 x--JinxedAngel

x--JinxedAngel

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 4,405 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 02:25 PM

I know he's so hot. :D so was that update! Marco is actually cool in a villain-y way...

-Amy

#42 Jcrazy

Jcrazy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 05:54 PM

Anshi/Liberty(what should I call you??): I know! Will is so...ah. I dunno. Amazingly amazing? Haha. Thank you. :) and sorry. No potter magic here. I only wish :)

Amy: THANKS!! I know. Marco does seem kinda cool. In that way. It's a shame he's gotta be evil :D haha. Thanks bunches.

Ok so update? Sorry if the football scene sucks. I may have gone to football games of my brothers since I was seven but you know. It's not like I payed attention. Lol :) so if it's not exactly like reality-like, sorry. But without further ado......

CHAPTER NINE BABY!

Standing in a locker room full of guys all hyped up, ready to go beast on Broadneck right before the game is insane. It's loud and crazy and unorganized. But everyones all hyped as I said, so the atmosphere is pretty exciting. 

"We are going to kill them!" I heard someone yell over the music. 

Before the game, the coach always blasted Back in Black to get us all jumpy and in the zone. It helped some people but sort of annoyed me a tad. 

"We're going to dominate!" Lance practically screamed in my face, grabbing my shoulders as I finished putty my jersey on. 

"Dude," I said, pushing him back. "Yeah, but back away. Too close."

Dan, the guy next to me laughed. "Yeah, Lance. Why don't you try a girl?!"

All the guys on the team teased Lance about how he like never had a girlfriend. I didn't really get why he didn't either since lots of girls liked him. But I didn't really question it like a lot of the guys. 

"You need a girlfriend! Like seriously, man. You've been single for like.....ever!" Jason, one of the other guys said. 

"Shut up," Lance muttered. 

"Hey," Dan said turning the music down and drawing a lot more attention to us. "You know who is pretty hot?"

"Jen!" about five guys all yelled at once, from the other side of the locker room. 

A few people glanced my way and I just smiled so they knew I wasn't about to beat them up for calling my girlfriend hot. "Don't I know it," I said. 

Dan laughed. "True," he said. "But I was actually talking about that new girl...Allie? Or something?"

I felt my heart stop for a moment then pick up and started beating rappidly.

"You mean...Ellie?" I said slowly. 

Dan's face lite up. "Oh, yeah that's it."

"She is pretty hot," Gavin yelled from the other side of the room. "I mean, not like AHmazing or anything...but still. Whoa."

"She's got a really good, well...body in general," Dan said. 

"Very true," Drew, another guy, said. "If you don't go get it, I might."

"Dude," Lance said to me, punching my shoulder. "Are you ok? You look kind of...sick."

I felt sick. I felt like going to rip all of their heads off. They should not call Elle hot...

"No, I'm fine," I said pushing his hand off my shoulder. 

"Sure," Lance said looking at me strangely.    

"Hey, didn't you hang out with Ellie th other day, Will?" Jason asked. 

I cleared my throat. "Uh, yeah. For a little while. I just went swimming with her...and ate at her house."

"Whoa, what about Jen?" Dan asked. 

"What do you mean? I just hung out with her. We're friends." I shrugged. 

"Ah, yeah ok," Gavin said smiling knowingly. "Sure."

I shot them a look. "Seriously. We're just friends."

Some of them put their hands up in s surrender fashion and turned away. Others looked kind of surprised by my harshness. 

"Dude, you sure you're ok?" Lance asked smacking my shoulder. 

"Fine. I'm great," I grumbled grabbing my helmet.

"Hey, is Ellie cool though?" Drew asked hesitantly. "I mean, yah know."

"She's great," I said tightening the laces on my shoes. "She's hillarious and easy to talk to." 

I left it at that, not going on to tell him about how beautiful and smart and understanding and amazing she was. Or how I think I knew her from a past life or something. Well, not a past life bcause that's crazy....right? I mean, yeah, definitely. But I didn't think Drew or any of the other guys listening wanted to know that.

"Well, talking wasn't what I had in mind..." Drew said smiling slowly and trailing off suggestively. 

I really couldn't help it then. I looked at all the guys still around us and said annoyed, "Look, she already has a boyfriend back home where she will be going back to in a year. And she obviously likes him a lot and doesn't want to go out with anyone else. OK?"

Well that lie completley shut them up. Good. 

"God, man," Lance said. "You sure you're fine?" Again! God I was fine! Maybe...

"I am just terrific!" I shouted, with mock enthusiasm. He could tell. 

"Man, calm down," he said putting his hand up. "Did something happen?"

"Hell yeah!" I shouted again. "I am freaking-" in love with a girl that's not my girlfriend. 

I had almost said that aloud. Oh, crap again I am going to be so screwed in a weeks time tops. 

"Freaking....?" Drew asked next to me. 

"Freaking ready to kick some ass," I said simply, hoping that sounded suffice.     

Lance laughed. Apparently that satisfied him, but some of the guys around still looked at me strangely. Could I even blame them?

"Yeah, dude!" Lance sad. "Lets go beast on some Broadnceck!"

I grabbed my helmet and yelled, "Let's do this!" like I always have, at the beginning of every game since freshmen year, and started walking out of the locker room.  

They followed me out to the field like always. 

*• :) •* :) •*

Tied with twenty one in the fourth quarter after coming back from being fourteen points behind. And now here I was, lying on the ground after having the crap knocked out of me. Where was my gaurd? Where was Lance freaking Reynolds?

The guy had come out of no where. I had completly anticipated Lance covering my back for that guy and al the other guys did their job, blocking me. 

I turned my head a little from where I lay on the ground and saw Lance rushing towards me over from where Jen had been standing with her fellow "team mates." Near the coach and all the people not playing in the game. What had my gaurd been doing at the sidelines when he should have been protecting me? That hit had hurt like hell. Worse then the one I'd gotten my junior year when we'd played against Southern. 

He came up to my side; panting and out of breath from running towards me. He ripped off his helmet and grabbed the front of my jersey. 

"Will! WILL! DUDE!" he yelled. He obviously didn't notice my eyes half open and all. He kept screaming my name untill I began to sit up and said, through grited teeth, "I can hear you man. Shut up."

Lance sighed with relief and I continued to get slowly up. I was going to be sore on my back probably, but I was fine.

I brushed it off with a laugh to assure everyone looking at me worriedly I was fine. Which I pretty much was.  

"You OK?" Lance whispered worriedly as everyone in the stands sighed with relief as well. 

"Fine. But what the hell were you doing?" I said. 

The whistle blew though and it was time to start the game back up. 

I let it go, and Lance let everything go. As soon as we started back up, he tackled the guy who'd tackled me, causing him to fall even more painfully then I had. 

Lance obviously hit him a little harder then necessary...considering the guy had to be carried off in a stretcher. This was not Lance's first time causing someone that much pain though. Freshmen year, on junior varsity, he'd caused a guy nearly permenant head trauma. He was ok though. Thank you God. 

But that's not all that went on during the game. We all went crazy, not just Lance. We scored again. And we won. By seven beautiful points. 

And then it was time for my party. And I wasn't sure if that was a good or a bad thing. But I was going to see Ellie Harrison. And I knew one thing. 

THAT was a good thing.   
;)

mmkay. So I'll take anything you've got to say :)

-jamiE :m:

#43 kylie

kylie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,329 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 08:52 PM

New reader (:

I am in love. :heartbeat:

#44 livexlovexdance

livexlovexdance

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 595 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 09:30 PM

Oh my gosh!

LOVED IT!!! I love how protective Will is of Ellie already! It's so sweet!

Update soon!

#45 Anshi

Anshi

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 959 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 10:39 PM

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

look at him lying soo that none of those freaks come near her . totally adorable . i woke up and read this totally made my day

and you can all me whatever you are comfortable with

awsome update !!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users