• Please log in to reply
110 replies to this topic

#91 BonkersBookworm78

BonkersBookworm78

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 01:53 PM

Disclaimer: Still based on the same remarkably brilliant book.
Chapter 12 - Part One of Two.

The Science lab, the only place I could remember in peace. Remembering when life was so perfect, remembering when I was capable of smiling and laughing, such a far cry from how I am now. The violent games I played after the accident, now gone, replaced by something surprisingly more mindless - sports games. It wasn't so much escapism, as trying to bore myself to death. Whilst I was playing this awful game, I nibbled on a single pristine but tasteless sandwich. One bland solitary sandwich, pretty much sums up my life now.

" Um, excuse me." Interrupted a somehow familiar high pitched voice.

I turned round, to see Nikki Howard standing in the hallway. I choked on the drink I had been sipping. What was brainless super model doing here, spoiling my desolate paradise.

" Sorry," apologized brainless super model. " I just .... I was wondering-"

" The Administration Office is down the hall." I interrupted, now I has finally capable of speaking.

Then I went back to my game, cursing Nikki stupid Howard. Why was she determined to ruin the admittedly awful but bearable life I had built in the last six weeks? Why was she even here? Why is she even at any school, this school in particular? Why is she in this computer lab, standing beside me and if I am not mistaken, looking completely put out at the fact I was ignoring her, the great Nikki Howard .

" I know this isn't the Administration Office," She babbled nervously." They said in the Administration Office that I could sign up for a student email account here." She finished quickly.

I silently cursed the stupid Administration Office. Why did they send Nikki pain in the bum Howard, of all people, to spoil my peace and quiet? Didn't they know what Stark had done to Em, didn't they care at all? Didn't anyone care? They all cared when the brainless super model came, why don't they care about Em? Brainless super model was staring at me, again. I realized she was waiting for my response.

" Oh, " I began simply, turning to face her. " Sure. Yeah. I can set you up with one, if you want." I spoke reluctantly.

She smiled. So this is how brainless super model attracted the majority of the male species. Her smile was dazzling, yet I didn't flinch, just like she was pretty, yet nothing special. She seemed surprised, maybe even disappointed at my reaction or more accurately lack of reaction.

" So, you like computer games?" She inquired, her mood seemed slightly dampened, as her words became more boring.

" Some of them." I replied simply, hoping she would get the message and leave me alone.

" Me too," She seemed oblivious to the fact I didn't care. "Have you ever played Journeyquest?" She inquired, in a way that if I didn't know better, I could have sworn she knew that I did.

" You play Journeyquest?" I replied, still in a state of shock.
" Sure." She answered smiling, although personally I couldn't see what she had to smile about.
" Though I have only got as far as level forty five." She added.

Out of any game, Nikki Howard played Journeyquest. Out of any level it was just typical she would be on level forty five. Why is Nikki Howard trying to replace Em Watts?

#92 BonkersBookworm78

BonkersBookworm78

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 01:58 PM

After writing that half chapter, I have realized their may be more than 13 chapters. Sorry if that last one wasn't that good, im tired.

#93 BonkersBookworm78

BonkersBookworm78

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 03:05 PM

Disclaimer: Read disclaimer in chapter above.

Chapter 12 - 2nd half

" I don't play that game anymore." I stated emotionless, then I went back to my emails, which I had somehow opened and was staring at Ems message, Ems last message. Brainless Super model was wearing a shocked expression, though I new for a fact she couldn't see my computer screen. Was it that shocking that I had given up Journeyquest to a complete stranger? If Nikki's expression was anything to go by apparently so.

I stopped looking at Ems message and remembered what I was meant to be doing. I quickly set up an email account for the brainless super model, she may be an international celebrity yet she was incapable of setting up an email account. I quietly wondered what Em would have made of all this but then remembered it wouldn't have happened if she was here. I tried triumphantly to imagine where I would be now if it hadn't been for the accident.

" Your new email address is Nikki.Howard@TAHS.EDU, it should be effective straight away." I told her in an annoyed voice, then oblivious to the fact she probably thought I was incredibly rude.

" Ok, thanks." She said with an expression that almost matched mine, almost.

"You know how to set up your student email at home, right?" I asked Brainless Supermodel, who seemed to be actually thinking.

" I really don't know how to do that setting-up thingy." She told me batting her eye lashes like a lunatic, she must be one if she is incapable of setting up an email account.

" You don't." I responded, trying not to laugh.

" No, is it hard, do you know how to do it? " She asked seeming more stupid by the minute.

" Yes, its not hard. Do you have something in your eye? " I dared asking, still battling within myself, fighting the urge to laugh.

" Great. " She replied, with just a slight note of sarcasm . Giving me another massive smile. This made me want to burst out laughing even more than before.

"Im Nikki by the way, I mean you know that but...." She then stuck her hand out and I shook it ,not knowing what else to do.

" Im Christopher, Maloney," I informed her. She gripped my hand for what seemed like hours, then finally released me. Mad, as well as, brainless.

" Would you join me for lunch ? " She asked still smiling chirpily.

" No thanks, but one piece of advice, avoid the tuna salad at all costs." I told her, attempting to be civil.

"Thanks." She said and with one last smile, she was gone.

Alone at last, I turned back to my game.

#94 BonkersBookworm78

BonkersBookworm78

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:04 PM

Disclaimer: Based on Airhead by Meg Cabot

Chapter 13

When I had to return to class, I began to wonder whether I had upset the Brainless supermodel. Well if I did she deserved it for working for Stark. I had come to the conclusion that the Stark motto should be "Stark, the company who kill innocent teenage girls". They will be brought down by Felix and I, talking of which we are still trying to hack into their database. We think we might have made a break through, that we will investigate this evening. Lessons are as boring as ever, school on the other hand has become a Nikki Howard fan club. " Nikki Howard smiled at me", "Nikki Howard said blah blah blah" and saddest of all "Nikki Howard looked at me! ".

I was relieved when I finally escaped from the madness. I had lots of news for Felix, not that he would believe that "The Great Nikki Howard " would speak to me, let alone ask me to at lunch with her. Felix was so going to get me to somehow bring Nikki Howard to him. So as soon as I escaped, I began my usually run to Felix's house. I never used to bother with exercise, but now I run on a daily bases, it is a brilliant way to clear your mind. It really is impossible to worry for long whilst running, otherwise you may crash straight into a lamp post or a tree, fortunately I do not know this fact from experience.

I knocked on the door for numerous minutes, but subsequently I realized the door had been unlocked the entire time. I was ashamed of my stupidity. I then let myself in and went straight to the basement, this had become somewhat of a routine. However charming Felix's mother may be, you can only talk about the weather so many times, so I began to avoid her. Despite this when we did meet, she remained ever polite and always thanked me for being friends with Felix. I then entered the basement.

It looked as peculiar as ever, with its many screens and Felix as usual was looking at images of Nikki Howard. He abruptly turned around on his computer chair in a way that resembled that of the villain out of a spy drama. I stared at him for a moment, we looked so alike despite our difference in age as well as the difference in hair. Then he began to speak straight away. He may have changed in the last few weeks, but Felix starting a conversation?!

" Nikki Howard is going to your school? " He asked practically squealing, he seemed more obsessed than usual.

" Yes." I answered shortly. Then he asked me millions of questions, which I answered by telling him everything that happened, recounting word for word my conversation with the brainless supermodel ( not that I would dare call her that with Felix present.) He looked at me in disbelief as I told him all this, he was unable to speak. He didn't even question whether it was true or not, he knew I wouldn't lie about something I cared so little about. I could tell Felix was more than a little jealous, of me.

He thereby refused to work until I promised to tell Nikki Howard all about him, not that actually would, after all that we had no time to do any work and I found myself strolling home in the dark. Within a matter of minutes, I was in bed and then I fell asleep. The dreams never came that night and when I woke up I was happy. I ate a quick breakfast and ran to school, it never crossed my mind how early I would be. I arrived at the computer suite and started playing more boring computer games. When a familiar voice behind me said "Hi."

:spinstar: :spinstar: :spinstar:

#95 BonkersBookworm78

BonkersBookworm78

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 11:59 AM

Disclaimer: Based on Chapter 24 of Airhead.

Chapter 14 ( Last Chapter )

The Brainless Supermodel looked joyful as ever, however my face fell as I saw her. Why couldn't she leave me alone? Silence was uncomfortable, so I decided to break it.

" Hi." I replied, wondering why Brainless Supermodel wanted to speak to me, again.

" I brought my computer," She says chirpily, taking out a white laptop from one of those bags the walking dead rave about.

" You said yesterday you could set up my email account for me, is this a good time." She inquired, practically beaming. It was only then I remembered why she spoke to me yesterday. The fact remains - Nikki Howard is extremely annoying.

" I guess so." Was my response after looking at the clock, hoping I could come up with an excuse. She then passed me her laptop. I began setting up her email address, typing as fast as humanly possibly, avoiding conversation with the Brainless Supermodel.

" So whats your high score on Journeyquest? " She inquired, after another long period of silence.

" Forty eight." I answered quickly not truly listening to her.

" Your a liar." She then proclaimed. I have been called many things in my life, a freak, a loser ,a genius and an emo. But only one person had ever called me a liar - and she is dead. So Brainless supermodels sudden outburst, came as a shock to me.

" What? " I asked, remaining in a state of shock.

" No way did you make it past level forty six, how did you make it past the Dragons of Pith?" She inquired, whilst I continued staring at her.

" I used the Runes of Al-Cragen." I stated simply, hoping she would just leave me alone, no such luck.

" The runes? No kidding? Oh my gosh, I cant believe I never thought of that. So you just threw them and -" She said, reminding me of somebody, but I couldn't think who.

"The dragons were powerless in their lair. " I told her, whilst wondering why on Earth Nikki Howard was so enthusiastic about Journeyquest. Almost as enthusiastic as Em - no I had to stop making comparisons between Nikki and Em, they were as different as day and night.

" What was your characters name, on Journeyquest I mean, I may have seen you online.
" I challenged. She seemed to ponder her response before opening her mouth to respond.

"Oh, I haven't been online in ages and I doubt you have ever seen me, I keep very weird hours. Besides I don't remember it, you know the amnesia thing." She said quickly gesturing towards her head. I wondered for a moment, whether she had completely lost her mind.

" But you remember you played?" I asked, wondering how she would respond to that.

"Yeah amnesia is weird in that way, like I remember somethings but not others, like............" She stuttered, whilst I waited wondering what she was going to say.

"I remember you" She said to my surprise, although immediately seemed to regret mentioning it.

"From that day at the Stark mega stores grand opening." She continued. I stared at her and realized maybe Nikki Howard wasn't as stupid as I first thought. The mere mention of that day caused me to have to fight back the tears. So I continued staring at her.

" You remember what happened that day?" I asked quietly, shrinking into my body.

" I remember you, I remember how you came with your friend. The one who died." She said as if she was remembering something immense painful. I looked away, wanting to scream at her, to go away, to shut up. I was completely frozen.

" That must have been so awful, I mean not that you would want to remember. I am sorry that I brought it up, its just I wanted to say something about it with no one else around. I could tell you how badly I feel about it." She explained, while I remained expressionlessly staring at the computer screen.

" Im just so sorry about what happened, you must miss her a lot." She apologized and inquired.

" Yeah." I whispered softly, after another long silence and then I resumed typing. I finished setting up her account.

" Well here you go,your all set. " I then passed her laptop back to her. Attempting to wipe my face in a subtle way. Then I realized she was crying to, although she was trying to hide it.

" Thanks, see you in public speaking." She said trying to act as if she was happy. She had almost left, before I spoke.

" Nikki." I called her, she froze staring at the wall.

" Uh huh." She responded.

" She was my best friend." I stated coldly as she continued to cry, I was practically whispering and we were both in tears.

When she ran back and dropped something on my desk, she then ran away. I looked down to see a sheet of glow in the dark dinosaur stickers - why did they seem so familiar?

The End :spinstar: :spinstar: :spinstar:

#96 Saddy_mavka

Saddy_mavka

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 12:47 AM

Why is 13 the last chapter?!?!
I've been LOVING this!!! :icon_mecry2: :icon_eek: :(

#97 suzeroxxx

suzeroxxx

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 01:14 AM

This is so good!! :eusa_clap:
You're an amazing writer!!
Will you be doing the second book too??? 'Cause I'll love it if you do!!

#98 Saddy_mavka

Saddy_mavka

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 04:26 AM

Oh please continue. At least until the end of the 1st book. :( PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You write SOOOO well. :eusa_clap:

#99 Saddy_mavka

Saddy_mavka

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 05:35 AM

That please was a bit long 😅 but I really want you to continue!!!!!!!!!!!!

#100 BonkersBookworm78

BonkersBookworm78

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 11:50 AM

I thought I finished the first book. If you want me to I will write being nikki from Christopher's point of view.

#101 BonkersBookworm78

BonkersBookworm78

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 03:39 PM

I just need to borrow the book again. Your comments made my day , thank you, you are so kind.

#102 suzeroxxx

suzeroxxx

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 06:22 AM

Yes! Please please do the second and third book too!

#103 BonkersBookworm78

BonkersBookworm78

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 12:09 PM

I'm going to start being Nikki soon as I borrowed the book today, so when I have time I will start being Nikki.

#104 BonkersBookworm78

BonkersBookworm78

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 02:46 PM

I was thinking should I just call it Airhead: Being Nikki from Christopher's POV or think of a name for it. Do any of you have any suggestions as I don't have enough time to write chapter one today.

So far all I have is ....
I finally found out Em Watts was being Nikki.
How I found out Em Watts is being Nikki.
Em Watts is being Nikki.

As I said I would be grateful for any suggestions.
:spinstar: :020: :user:

Edited by BonkersBookworm78, 26 March 2013 - 02:47 PM.

#105 BonkersBookworm78

BonkersBookworm78

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 12:18 PM

Please not: Im still awaiting a title and will make a separate thread for this fanfic soon.
Disclaimer: Based on Airhead: Being Nikki

Prologue

Glow in the dark dinosaur stickers - why glow in the dark dinosaur stickers. Where had I heard that phrase before? Why did it seem so important for me to remember who`s mouth those words had come out of? Why had I spent days and days of my life absorbed in thought, in vain? Why cant I remember anything? No that cant be true. Is it possible its just a coincidence?

I didn't want to leave my room. I needed to escape my room. The nightmares were back and worse than ever. I couldn't face the outside world, I couldn't face myself. The new nightmares are much worse than the first ones. The plasma screen falling so so slowly downward, always downward, out of reach, always out of reach, slow yet to fast for anything to be changeable. Needless to say my life was still not exactly perfect.

I got up. I sat back down. I paced around the room. I stared at the ceiling and I thought, remembered, forcing my eyes open fighting away sleep. Em was never coming back, that was for sure. If I knew this why couldn't I live? Why couldn't I allow myself to live because Em was unable to. I had done this, thought this, screamed this, dreamed this yet so many unanswered questions.

I got dressed regretfully, staring at Em`s picture, I missed her so much it hurt every second of the day. I put my jacket on, wishing I could go back in time. I climbed down the stairs, every step one too many. I opened the door, leaving my home, my safety net.
I somehow found the outside of my apartment. I heard someone sobbing. I turned to see Nikki Howard.

:spinstar: Millie May :spinstar:

#106 BonkersBookworm78

BonkersBookworm78

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 12:19 PM

Please not: Im still awaiting a title and will make a separate thread for this fanfic soon.
Disclaimer: Based on Airhead: Being Nikki

Prologue

Glow in the dark dinosaur stickers - why glow in the dark dinosaur stickers. Where had I heard that phrase before? Why did it seem so important for me to remember who`s mouth those words had come out of? Why had I spent days and days of my life absorbed in thought, in vain? Why cant I remember anything? No that cant be true. Is it possible its just a coincidence?

I didn't want to leave my room. I needed to escape my room. The nightmares were back and worse than ever. I couldn't face the outside world, I couldn't face myself. The new nightmares are much worse than the first ones. The plasma screen falling so so slowly downward, always downward, out of reach, always out of reach, slow yet to fast for anything to be changeable. Needless to say my life was still not exactly perfect.

I got up. I sat back down. I paced around the room. I stared at the ceiling and I thought, remembered, forcing my eyes open fighting away sleep. Em was never coming back, that was for sure. If I knew this why couldn't I live? Why couldn't I allow myself to live because Em was unable to. I had done this, thought this, screamed this, dreamed this yet so many unanswered questions.

I got dressed regretfully, staring at Em`s picture, I missed her so much it hurt every second of the day. I put my jacket on, wishing I could go back in time. I climbed down the stairs, every step one too many. I opened the door, leaving my home, my safety net.
I somehow found the outside of my apartment. I heard someone sobbing. I turned to see Nikki Howard.

#107 BonkersBookworm78

BonkersBookworm78

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 12:21 PM

Sorry its so short.

#108 Saddy_mavka

Saddy_mavka

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 08:47 PM

That's a really good start. I'd just call it 'Airheads: Being Nikki (Christopher's POV)'
It's up to you. Keep at it, is great!! :)

#109 BonkersBookworm78

BonkersBookworm78

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 08:50 AM

Will write chapter one either today or tomorrow.

#110 BonkersBookworm78

BonkersBookworm78

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 08:53 AM

Will write chapter one either today or tomorrow.

Millie May

#111 BonkersBookworm78

BonkersBookworm78

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 03:08 PM

This is the new thread My link
There is another thread that I made by mistake which I have asked to be deleted. I keep on double posting everything by mistake and every time I do it I feel guilty.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users