Photo

10 Things Teenage Writers Should Know About Writing. . .

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#46 Dramagirl221

Dramagirl221

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 665 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 01:30 PM

It's true.
Teenage writers are definetaly NOT as good as we could be. But still.... Saying something sucks is beasically saying it's horrible. And in everything I've read by teenagers, even the horrible stuff, it's not TOTALLY horrible. So I think it's kind of incorrect to say that it all sucks. Because most stories do have a suckishness to them, but not completely suckish.

#47 CarolBCanadense

CarolBCanadense

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 06:49 PM

Yeah, that's right. i wanna be like Meg one day.i's too early but i can do it.

#48 CarolBCanadense

CarolBCanadense

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 06:51 PM

Oh, i forgot. I'm from brazil and CarolBCanadense means Carol Canadian Bacon.
CarolBCanadense

#49 FancyPants

FancyPants

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 11:35 AM

Lemme just tell everyone on here who have had their pride stomped on 'cause of this guy,
YOU DON'T SUCK
We mightn't be as 'experienced' as he is, but he doesn't have to tell us that we suck. I read his little stories and they sucked. You guys are waay better than that guy.
I thought that, if he was going to tell everyone they can't write, atleast do it in a nice way. Don't just this them like a pile of sh*t.
And I, too, have read that a billion times.

Amelia :mgicecream:

#50 Anshi

Anshi

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 959 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 03:47 AM

Someone posted another article by this guy
after reading that it makes me feel . SERIOUSLY you have to make others feel bad.
He could've written it in a more positive way. has anyone has read Sun Signs by Linda Goodman? Even she points out the bad points in every sun sign but I never felt so aggrrevated or even insulted its because she did it very nicely.
In all maybe what he says could be right but no teenage writter will give any importance to him because of the condecending tone of the article.

#51 bubba97

bubba97

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 12:23 PM

Honestly, I thought he was just a pessimistic bastard!

Have you ever heard of John Scalzi? Yeah, that's his name.

I looked him up and great news! He was president of the Science fictions and Fantasy Writers of America just last year!!!! Do you know how he was chosen to be honoured with that title?

Scalzi was elected president of the Science Fiction and Fantasy Writers of America in 2010.[2] He was the only nominee on the ballot. He had previously run as a write-in candidate in 2007, challenging the sole ballot nominee that year, but was not successful.[3][4]

Yup, you read that right. Nobody else was running against him

Even Wikipedia thinks he's pathetic, look:

John Scalzi has been known to amuse himself by altering photos of his own likeness, and uploading them to Wikipedia. (uploaded by John Scalzi)

Okay, fine, he's published and he's won awards but how did he get there?

I believe he started out as a teenager, just like us but I really don't think there was anyone one the other side of the line telling him frankly: You suck.

And personally, I think he does.

-ALEXX

#52 bubba97

bubba97

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 12:29 PM

Oh and also, the best thing about Teenage Writing is that they write from their heart.

Half the stories on this site are written that way and not a lot of published books have that.

I think that talent comes from inside.

And I don't think he was writing from his heart when he wrote about his little statue.

#53 farrah

farrah

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 12:37 PM

Wow, that guy is harsh.

And, HA!

What a loser! He didn't have anyone run against him and he alters his pic? What a sucky weirdo!

And his stories made me want to curl up and die, they were so bad.

You guys are way better. And I can tell you this, you do not suck. You mightn't be fantastic, but that's what EDITORS are for. They EDIT IT.

Someone needs to whack the upside of his head and tell him to get lost.

Rachael :mgbumblebee:

And Wikipedia is so right.

#54 IluvWill22

IluvWill22

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,275 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 05:41 PM

Oh, my God -_-
-Guy that wrote the blog,
So, when did you read my work again, sir? I mean, just because YOUR work sucked, Mr. I-know-everything, doesn't mean everyone elses does. For gods sake...
While you have a point that our BEGINNING work sucks, our work in general can be very good.
"There's this wonderful thing called a library."
What am I? TWO?? I guess you were a teenager when you discovered it?
Well, my good sir, I'm not gonna sit here and listen to your ramblings.

Nat :angry:
(I've lost my temper with this. This guy acts like we're ignorant little children just because he was.)

^^^^ lollll I now see he has a point X'D I saw my reaction and I had to wipe my eyes after several minutes of hilarity...

But seriously speaking *giggle* our beginning writing will suck, no matter what - we lack the grammatical skill to write things absolutely perfectly...however I still have to say that you don't have to be much older to develop a great plot that, if written correctly, could win you an award. I think that's what upset me back then, because my plots were ok, but my writing was bad, and I misread it to say no matter what you shouldn't be doing those things as a teen because your too stupid to write like a professional. I don't even know anymore :P
I think I was still mad about the writer who wanted an age limit put on publishing because we don't have enough experience to write with skill or something like that...

I laughed when I reread my own comment so many years ago, and to how....fragile I was...it's embarrassing but really funny at the same time...I think I was 13 or so when I wrote that, sorry...:P

#55 IluvWill22

IluvWill22

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,275 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 05:44 PM

and (sorry for the double post) I also think I overreacted because of his tone - not very nice there, sir :P

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users