9 replies to this topic

#1 bookgirl25

bookgirl25

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Moderators
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 08:48 PM

Welcome To Ask Meg about Teen Idol

Here you can post your questions about the book that brought us a friend in Jenny Greenly and crush in Luke Striker! ;]

:spinstar: PLEASE read the FAQ before you ask a question in the forum. This will save time and space.

:spinstar: PLEASE use the SEARCH BUTTON and the Teen Idol forums FIRST.

:spinstar: PLEASE do not chat in this thread! This is for asking questions, and Meg will answer. If you would like to chat about the book, go to the book forum HERE

:spinstar: PLEASE be respectful if you answer a question in this forum!

:spinstar: And as always, PLEASE, adhere to the Meg Cabot Message Boards rules!

FREQUNETLY ASK QUESTIONS! (Psst! Read this before posting!):

:spinstar: Have you ever been to where the book is set in Indiana?
Yes, Meg was born in Bloomington, Indiana, and graduated college there.

:spinstar: Will there be a sequel to Teen Idol?
Unfortunately, no, this book is a stand alone novel.

:spinstar: Will Teen Idol be made into a movie?
No, it will not be. I believe there is a page up on Internet Movie Database; but this information is false.

Thanks for your attention!

Enjoy!

--Bookie

#2 StarkQuark

StarkQuark

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 09:40 PM

Dear Meg,
Is the new Disney Channel movie "Starstruck" adapted from your novel "Teen Idol"?
The storylines are a bit different, but the basic idea is strikingly similar
(Small town girl from the midwest meets a 'teen idol', is pretty much the only person who isn't completley obsessed with 'teen idol')

#3 MegCabot

MegCabot

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Root Admin
  • 3,002 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 07:05 PM

Dear Meg,
Is the new Disney Channel movie "Starstruck" adapted from your novel "Teen Idol"?
The storylines are a bit different, but the basic idea is strikingly similar
(Small town girl from the midwest meets a 'teen idol', is pretty much the only person who isn't completley obsessed with 'teen idol')

Hi! Sorry, no, I have nothing to do with this project. But now I'll have to watch it! Thanks for telling me!

Meg

#4 HoosierGirl

HoosierGirl

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 05:43 AM

Dear Meg,

i really loved Teen Idol because i could relate to the setting, because i'm from a small town in Indiana. Do you have, or are you going to have, any more books that take place there?

#5 bookgirl25

bookgirl25

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Moderators
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 12:32 PM

Dear Meg,

i really loved Teen Idol because i could relate to the setting, because i'm from a small town in Indiana. Do you have, or are you going to have, any more books that take place there?

Pants on Fire is set on a small town, but I am not quite so sure about anything else. Other books are set in bigger cities like New York.

#6 DianaSF

DianaSF

Meg Cabot Fan

• Moderators
  • 742 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 11:39 PM

Meg, this isn't exactly a question about the book, but did you know that actress Elisabeth Moss (Peggy on Mad Men) is the narrator of the audio version of Teen Idol? I just found out the other night. I wonder if she's a fan of your books. You can listen to a sample here:

http://www.audible.c...91869206&sr=1-1

#7 Cockatoo

Cockatoo

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 477 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 01:12 AM

I have a question.
WHY DID LUKE STRIKER GO WITH GERI!?
I was waiting through like, the whole book for Jenny and him to kiss!
But nooo, he had to play tonsil hockey with Geri. :(

I was kinda disappointed.

But that's just my opinion.

:aiwebs_014:
Ta,
Amelia

#8 xcrunner

xcrunner

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 03:52 PM

Dear Ms. Cabot

I love your books you are my favorite author. just read Teen Idol and liked it. i know at the ending LUke ends up with Geri, and Jen ends up with Scott but after that does Jen and Luke ever keep in touch or vivsit each other? why did Jen not love Luke Striker like everyon else? Did Jen, or any of the other people Luke met ever star in any movies? I thought it was funny that Luke was the one giving Jen advice when she's the one that always gives other people advice. Is there going to be a movie basd on this book? i know a few of your other books have been made into movies and I love both the book and the movie, and i would love to know if this is going to e made into a movie or if it already has?cthis would be a good movie.

Xcrunner

#9 MegCabot

MegCabot

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Root Admin
  • 3,002 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 02:57 PM

Dear Ms. Cabot

I love your books you are my favorite author. just read Teen Idol and liked it. i know at the ending LUke ends up with Geri, and Jen ends up with Scott but after that does Jen and Luke ever keep in touch or vivsit each other? why did Jen not love Luke Striker like everyon else? Did Jen, or any of the other people Luke met ever star in any movies? I thought it was funny that Luke was the one giving Jen advice when she's the one that always gives other people advice. Is there going to be a movie basd on this book? i know a few of your other books have been made into movies and I love both the book and the movie, and i would love to know if this is going to e made into a movie or if it already has?cthis would be a good movie.

Xcrunner

Hi! Thanks, I'm glad you enjoyed the book. In answer to your question, yes, Jen and Luke remained friends and kept in touch. Jen did not fall in love with Luke like everyone else because she was already in love with someone else . . . Scott. She just did not admit it to herself until later.

There may be a movie made of this book, but not any time soon. I think it would be a good movie too!

Meg

#10 Bushra_Siddiqui

Bushra_Siddiqui

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 05:39 AM

Dear Meg,

I like your books and you're my favorite author. I just bought Teen Idol, and it totally rocks! :) I was just wondering........Is Clayton real? I know Indiana is real. I was just asking because I don't live in america. I'm from Pakistan.

your biggest fan (From Pakistan), 

Bushra (That's my name)        

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users