515 replies to this topic

#496 Jcrazy

Jcrazy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 10:43 PM

Tell me about it. :(

What is worse is when you hear them talking about you like you aren't even sitting right there. Happened to me today.

Man, people suck. :/

#497 dbcWinter

dbcWinter

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 834 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 06:52 PM

There's a stupid party in the neighbouring bar again. Why are people incapable of partying without nauseous music and screaming at 2 am? I seriously hate the person that gave them the permission. This noise is killing my neuron connections. I can feel my IQ points dropping.

#498 Bushra_Siddiqui

Bushra_Siddiqui

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 08:40 AM

I’m a bit upset right now.

It’s my aunt. I don’t know what’s wrong with that woman. She says that I am too tall and I should stop growing out so tall (I’m 13 and I am 5’8, which is pretty tall for my age) and that guys don’t like girls that are taller than them.

COME ON. I am THIRTEEN right now. I don’t consider this kind of stuff about relationships, and I don’t want to be in a relationship at the moment plus, I’d rather live my life as an independent woman.

Why are you so jealous, huh? Just because you are way shorter than me and you have always been ridiculed because of that by your classmates when you were my age. :mad: 

Then I get mad at her for saying that, and she comes up to me saying that it was just a JOKE. A JOKE? YOU CALL THAT A JOKE?

She also likes to make fun of my appearance. I hate it. WHY IS SHE SOO SUPER JEALOUS OF ME? She is lacking self-confidence. And then she’s trying to make me lose confidence in myself too.  :angry: 

Ugh. I hate this. My exams are over, I was so happy, but she made my feel mad. :( 

I hate my life.  :icon_mecry2: 

#499 Pretty.Odd.

Pretty.Odd.

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,567 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 10:16 AM

^Height is one of those things that is completely irrelevant for most people. Sure, some people may prefer tall to short or vice versa, but it's nothing you should get upset about. Clearly your aunt thinks the entire world must share her opinion--which obviously isn't true. She can't generalize like that, unless she wants to sound misinformed.

#500 Jcrazy

Jcrazy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 12:30 PM

Also, HEIGHT CAN NOT BE CONTROLLED. Your aunt sounds craaazy. And I've always wanted to be TALLER. I'm 5'6", and so is everyone else it seems. I always wanted to be like 5'8" or 5'9". I'd say you're lucky!

#501 dbcWinter

dbcWinter

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 834 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 05:00 PM

Agreed, height is just not something we can control (unless we get our legs stretched...)

So I cleaned the flat on Friday and today, when I get here a few hours after my roommate, everything is just as messy as it was. How is it possible that humans do not throw trash into the trash cans that it like 3 FEET OR LESS AWAY??? And what is up with not throwing corks into the glass that is there especially for them? I think having a flat buddy is giving me an OCD.

#502 Jcrazy

Jcrazy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 01:31 PM

My grandpa died Sunday and his funeral was yesterday and it's just been a terribly sad past few days that were supposed to be happy.

#503 24moon100

24moon100

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 5,131 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 08:51 PM

My grandpa died Sunday and his funeral was yesterday and it's just been a terribly sad past few days that were supposed to be happy.

Aw man, Jamie. I'm so sorry. :( 

#504 IluvWill22

IluvWill22

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,275 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 09:01 PM

Rave - my boyfriend decided to surprise me while coming out here for his dads wedding  :heartbeat:  :heartbeat:  :wub:  :lol:  :heartbeat:  :heartbeat:   He says he was just gonna turn up on my doorstep but couldn't wait to [really] surprise me.

Rant(?) - I have nothing to wear, my hair's faded, and my nails are chipped  :icon_eek: nuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu~ Must. Look. Pretty. For. Boyfriend.

#505 IluvWill22

IluvWill22

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,275 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 01:27 AM

Rant:

When other people kind of seriously make their friends go out to make them feel better:

"Come on, we're going and you're going to have fun!"

"oh my god you're such a good friend!!"

When I do it:

"Come on, we're going and you're going to have fun!"

"You're such a terrible selfish friend!!! I can't believe you'd make her do something she doesn't want to do like just leave her alone she doesn't want to do that you're so selfish!!"

Bonus:

When others do it to me:

They don't.  They don't do it to me. When I'm sad I'm sad and that's kind of how it is :/  No one asks me if I want to go out or if I need company or anything. In fact I've found out recently that supposedly one of my closest friends has been talking for me whenever I've been invited anywhere so any of the nights that I've spent relapsing back into my severe depression and anxiety could have been avoided if she'd just texted me and asked like she was supposed to.

#506 IluvWill22

IluvWill22

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,275 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 11:55 PM

I don't have many friends.

It's not a big deal, I mean it doesn't particularly bother me.  I always felt the fewer friends, the better the relationships.  I don't tolerate fake friends or lies.  It especially made me feel better knowing I could trust everyone I let into my life.  I have trust issues.  Especially because for some reason complete strangers seem to assume I'm a sl*t and a b*tch. (big chest and resting b*tch face does that)  It also doesn't help that I was actually assaulted this year by a guy who thought I was easy.  So I felt secure because I knew everyone I was friends with actually saw me as a friend.

Almost everyone.

You see, I was listening to audible earlier and I decided to check my facebook.  I had a message.

There in black and white was a message from one of my closest friends (who I had gone with to gamestop and to get my nails done just yesterday) saying she hated me.  Naturally, I was concerned.  Even more so because I was blocked.  So I went over to her house and knocked on the door.  She screamed at me to go away.  I asked why she was doing this and she said she didn't want to be my friend anymore and she was sick of me.  I was still in shock from the message and crying and I asked her to open the door.  She continued to scream, opened the door, and stared [coldly] at me.  I asked her what was wrong and she said she hated me, that I shouldn't have come, that I was stupid for coming anyway. She also proceeded to say that I was a bad friend and only thought of myself.  That she had always disliked me and that I was annoying and that she didn't want to waste anymore energy being my friend.

I'm angry, I'm upset.  I want to talk about it but this has got to be one of those rare times that I had more friends to talk about it with.  It's like I'm completely alone in my emotions right now and even if she came to me tomorrow and said she was sorry she didn't mean it, it still wouldn't be fixed.  I could never trust her again after what she said.  This was just a short summary of what had happened.  In reality I was there for over an hour. 

Our friendship had lasted for about 5 years.

Edited by IluvWill22, 23 November 2014 - 11:56 PM.

#507 24moon100

24moon100

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 5,131 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 08:06 PM

So what do you do when you passionately hate your best friend's boyfriend?

#508 Jcrazy

Jcrazy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 10:19 PM

So what do you do when you passionately hate your best friend's boyfriend?

Fake it 'till you make it. i.e., pretend like you don't, and then when they break up eventually, you can bash the hell out of him with all your pent up passionate hate.

have i mentioned i give terrible advice (:

#509 storyqueen24

storyqueen24

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,328 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 01:39 PM

Hey Family, STOP commenting on my weight, especially since you all aren't the skinniest in the bunch. One minute I'm gaining too much weight, the next I'm too skinny and need to eat more. JUST stop! I'm comfortable with my body in any state but you guys are making me feel insecure. 

#510 24moon100

24moon100

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 5,131 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 11:24 PM

Fake it 'till you make it. i.e., pretend like you don't, and then when they break up eventually, you can bash the hell out of him with all your pent up passionate hate.

have i mentioned i give terrible advice (:

Haha. Jamie, no. Your advice is awesome. :)

It's funny because literally none of my friends make it a secret that they hate them too. He is probably one of the dumbest people I have ever met, along with the rudest. He is like the epitome of the kind of people I hate: egotistical, selfish, materialistic, rude, stupid, gross. Not to mention he is a proud substance abuser. Ugh, it's so painful to tolerate. My friend KNOWS it too. She freaking hated him herself until he asked her out. It's so repulsive, I want to be supportive but how can I be when he is everything that is wrong for her. I want to hash it out, but at the same time I know it probably wont do any good. :/

Edited by 24moon100, 23 January 2015 - 11:25 PM.

#511 IluvWill22

IluvWill22

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,275 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 01:44 AM

*continuation of my previous post*  I thought I'd ranted already about what happened.  I guess not.  To be honest it makes me frustrated to have to be this secretive about what's happening currently because speaking out could potentially harm one of my best friends.  But because I am literally the only person here who actually knows who I am personally, I feel I can say it openly without anyone really figuring out it's me.  Especially not her.

So previously in this little drama I call my life, my friend (who I considered my little sister) of 5 years messaged me out of the blue to say she hated me.  And no joke, I was concerned because she had a past of attempted suicide and depression so I was worried about her.  Especially when she wouldn't pick up her phone.  I went over to her house and yeah, you know what happened.  We fought for over an hour screaming at each other in the street because she was pulling this and saying she had always had a problem with me and couldn't hold it in anymore because I was "selfish and unappreciative and didn't really care about our friendship" and other junk.

Yeah, ok, we're past that part.  Well about a week and a half later, my friend (S) comes over and we just sit down and talk about what happened over pizza.  She then proceeds to tell me that D (that will be her name now) told her that I'd been talking all kinds of crud about her, that I'd convinced people to end relationships with her, that I was crazy, that I was an awful friend, accusing me of telling people her secrets and whatnot.  I'm the same "awful friend" who also called an ambulance when she was trying to commit suicide and went with her to the vet to pick up the kitten her POS stepdad kicked into their pool.  Not to mention the countless times I'd defended her in high school and opened up my home to her whenever her mom threw a fit and kicked her out. And the times I provided the shoulder to cry on and offered to help her get her own checking account and credit card when she turned 18.  I'd never done those things that she'd accused me of doing and I was peeved that she was claiming this to our mutual friends to get them to take sides.

And I'm frustrated that I can't express this to anyone because I've been living with this on my mind for about 2 months and no one will provide proper comfort or advice because they either "don't know what to say" or they "don't want to get involved."  That, or I can't say anything to the others because they'll go to her.

One of the relationships she claims I ended for some reason is that between her and my roommate.  They were friends and my roommate decided (independently) that she didn't wish to remain friends with D anymore.  I refused to be the messenger and so when D came forward and asked I'd just be like "you should talk to her about it, I won't be caught between this."  "I don't want to be involved."  "She's an adult, it's her job to tell you if something's up."  And when D would invite me places, I'd invite my roommate and try to convince her to join the force again or actually break the news to D because I wasn't going to be her messenger.  She finally sealed it the night we had the major fight by telling her that she'd stopped hanging out because she was tired of the lies and the petty drama and it was clear that they weren't friends and hadn't been for a long time.

So now D's using that to turn anyone and everyone else against me because I'm now the toxic friend.

I seriously have about 2 or 3 people in my life now who will talk to me.

And I want to yell at her SO BAD but I can't risk my relationship with probably one of the last of my friends.

Edited by IluvWill22, 25 February 2015 - 01:46 AM.

#512 24moon100

24moon100

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 5,131 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 01:25 AM

(I apologize in advance for the dramatic all capitals)

So recently my best friend thought it would be okay to blatantly—to MY FACE—say that she personally thinks Meg Cabot's writing style "isn't that great." Now, I'm all about people being entitled to their own opinions, but you want to know what's NOT OKAY? It's when your best friend that you've known for practically 6 years now and have repeatedly on more than one occasion bared your soul to her explaining the brilliancy that is Meg Cabot and her books, decides to forget that she is my best friend and how strongly I feel about things that are important to me and say this to my face—and in front of other people—in the most insensitive way possible. I just wish I wasn't so sensitive because seriously I just don't know how I'm going to get past this one. 

This is what she said after I brought up to her how I was rereading the princess diaries series because I am so stoked about the new book: "Yeah, no offense Meghan, I know she's your favorite author and all, but I've read a few chapters of that (princess diaries) and I don't really like her writing style."

Yeah, usually when you have to say "no offense", that probably means the person is going to get offended. Seriously. I HATE when people say that. Just because you say that doesn't mean it's okay what you say after that.

I am sorry but is it WRONG of me to feel so betrayed like this? I'm HORRIFIED. When she said that I kind of choked on the cookie I'd been eating and felt like I'd been slapped. I'm not usually so touchy, or maybe I am, I don't know, but is it just me or is it NOT OKAY for best friends to diss the things/people you are so emotionally passionate about? Isn't a best friend's job to be SUPPORTIVE of your obsessions? Unless they're harmful to you, I mean?

I am just so sick of her superior attitude lately. Like I am sorry I like to read a lot and am quirky but you don't need to BASH my favorite author after YOU KNOW HOW MUCH SAID AUTHOR MEANS TO ME. It's one thing to have an opinion. Everyone get's to have an opinion. That's all right. It's a COMPLETE other beast to share an opinion like that—so flippantly—when all it's going to do is make me want to punch you. In these cases I feel it is the duty of the best friend, whom under the circumstances should KNOW better than to go there with me, to keep those kind of opinions to herself. It's like dissing ME, dissing Meg Cabot. It's NOT OKAY. It's just NOT. 

Another thing: why bring this up NOW all of the sudden? I've mentioned Meg Cabot dozens of times in her presence and NOW right before we part ways to seprate universities, she wants to drudge this up? Does she WANT our friendship to fizzle out or something? Because now I don't feel any motivation at all to be around her after that comment. This isn't her first transgression, either. All of high school, I feel, but mostly senior year, she's been treating me so awful. I don't even know her sometimes anymore. Ever since she got herself that loser of a boyfriend and started drinking it's all been downhill for us. It really sucks because as friendships go this as been my best one thus far. 

She really hit me where it hurts, that's all I have to say.  :icon_mecry2:

I know I sound so dramatic and victimized right now but I can't help it. Some things you just don't do to your best friend. This is one of them. 

I decided to bring it up on here for relevancy's sake. Since this is, in fact, the Meg Cabot Message Board, I feel like y'all might understand where I'm coming from. I've been a member since 2011, almost as long as I've been friends with Sierra, my (former, I'm beginning to think) best friend. 

Girls can be such jerks to each other. I wonder if guys have this type of problem. :/

Edited by 24moon100, 28 July 2015 - 01:30 AM.

#513 Pretty.Odd.

Pretty.Odd.

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,567 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 12:30 PM

(I apologize in advance for the dramatic all capitals)

So recently my best friend thought it would be okay to blatantly—to MY FACE—say that she personally thinks Meg Cabot's writing style "isn't that great." Now, I'm all about people being entitled to their own opinions, but you want to know what's NOT OKAY? It's when your best friend that you've known for practically 6 years now and have repeatedly on more than one occasion bared your soul to her explaining the brilliancy that is Meg Cabot and her books, decides to forget that she is my best friend and how strongly I feel about things that are important to me and say this to my face—and in front of other people—in the most insensitive way possible. I just wish I wasn't so sensitive because seriously I just don't know how I'm going to get past this one. 

This is what she said after I brought up to her how I was rereading the princess diaries series because I am so stoked about the new book: "Yeah, no offense Meghan, I know she's your favorite author and all, but I've read a few chapters of that (princess diaries) and I don't really like her writing style."

Yeah, usually when you have to say "no offense", that probably means the person is going to get offended. Seriously. I HATE when people say that. Just because you say that doesn't mean it's okay what you say after that.

I am sorry but is it WRONG of me to feel so betrayed like this? I'm HORRIFIED. When she said that I kind of choked on the cookie I'd been eating and felt like I'd been slapped. I'm not usually so touchy, or maybe I am, I don't know, but is it just me or is it NOT OKAY for best friends to diss the things/people you are so emotionally passionate about? Isn't a best friend's job to be SUPPORTIVE of your obsessions? Unless they're harmful to you, I mean?

I am just so sick of her superior attitude lately. Like I am sorry I like to read a lot and am quirky but you don't need to BASH my favorite author after YOU KNOW HOW MUCH SAID AUTHOR MEANS TO ME. It's one thing to have an opinion. Everyone get's to have an opinion. That's all right. It's a COMPLETE other beast to share an opinion like that—so flippantly—when all it's going to do is make me want to punch you. In these cases I feel it is the duty of the best friend, whom under the circumstances should KNOW better than to go there with me, to keep those kind of opinions to herself. It's like dissing ME, dissing Meg Cabot. It's NOT OKAY. It's just NOT. 

Another thing: why bring this up NOW all of the sudden? I've mentioned Meg Cabot dozens of times in her presence and NOW right before we part ways to seprate universities, she wants to drudge this up? Does she WANT our friendship to fizzle out or something? Because now I don't feel any motivation at all to be around her after that comment. This isn't her first transgression, either. All of high school, I feel, but mostly senior year, she's been treating me so awful. I don't even know her sometimes anymore. Ever since she got herself that loser of a boyfriend and started drinking it's all been downhill for us. It really sucks because as friendships go this as been my best one thus far. 

She really hit me where it hurts, that's all I have to say.  :icon_mecry2:

I know I sound so dramatic and victimized right now but I can't help it. Some things you just don't do to your best friend. This is one of them. 

I decided to bring it up on here for relevancy's sake. Since this is, in fact, the Meg Cabot Message Board, I feel like y'all might understand where I'm coming from. I've been a member since 2011, almost as long as I've been friends with Sierra, my (former, I'm beginning to think) best friend. 

Girls can be such jerks to each other. I wonder if guys have this type of problem. :/

As I'm sure you're aware, I'm not very good at the friends thing (I have like three good ones total), so my advice here is going to be from my limited experience dealing with this sort of thing.

One of the many joys of friendship is finding someone that you share common interests with--that's how a friendship is built; you both are into the same things (one of my friendships started out because of a mutual interest in TV and music, and another existential philosophy). But just because you have these things in common does not mean that you're going to share the same opinion on everything. For example, the friend that also likes talking about existentialism loved the movie Birdman, whereas I *#&$%%ing hated it and stopped watching after half an hour. We got into a debate about it the other day (I don't know why Whiplash didn't win Best Picture tbh), and even though it didn't really mean anything--we were just discussing movies--I still felt angry. How did she enjoy Birdman??? How could she say it deserved Best Picture when she hasn't even SEEN Whiplash?

I knew it was dumb to be upset over a conversation that lasted three minutes about something that had no real relevance to our greater relationship, but it still got under my skin in the worst kind of way. We're supposed to agree on things, since we have so many other things in common. Our opinions on Best Picture should match (and I bet they will once she finally watches Whiplash...), but when they didn't, I was distressed.

I think this applies to your situation, too. Yours is a bit different, but I understand the cause of your feelings. When you have a best friend who stubbornly disagrees with you--or, in your case, makes a point of touting their difference of opinion--it makes you question the validity of your relationship. (That didn't exactly happen with me, but I'm extending here.) You get so used to enjoying the same things and sharing opinions that when a situation where you don't agree inevitably comes along, it really shakes you up. I think that's normal. It's frustrating.

However, in your case, I think the extreme nature of your feelings has less to do with the little conversation and more with an underlying growing unease between you two. It's shitty that she makes a point of looking down on the things you're passionate about, and it's shitty that she's stopped treating you well generally. If this has been going on for as long as you say it has, it might be a good time to start distancing yourself since you're going to be starting college. Someone that makes you feel that unhappy regularly is not someone you want to keep around when you're starting something new. I understand that you are/were best friends, but instead of letting yourself be the victim and feel her drifting from you (like she has been all year), maybe you should take charge of things and make a conscious choice yourself to spend less time with her. Do yourself a favor for your mental health. You'll be making tons of new friends soon.

Otherwise, if you'd rather repair the relationship than move on entirely, you should tell her how you've been feeling. She's not going to treat you any differently unless you verbalize your feelings.

#514 24moon100

24moon100

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 5,131 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 06:41 PM

As I'm sure you're aware, I'm not very good at the friends thing (I have like three good ones total), so my advice here is going to be from my limited experience dealing with this sort of thing.

One of the many joys of friendship is finding someone that you share common interests with--that's how a friendship is built; you both are into the same things (one of my friendships started out because of a mutual interest in TV and music, and another existential philosophy). But just because you have these things in common does not mean that you're going to share the same opinion on everything. For example, the friend that also likes talking about existentialism loved the movie Birdman, whereas I *#&$%%ing hated it and stopped watching after half an hour. We got into a debate about it the other day (I don't know why Whiplash didn't win Best Picture tbh), and even though it didn't really mean anything--we were just discussing movies--I still felt angry. How did she enjoy Birdman??? How could she say it deserved Best Picture when she hasn't even SEEN Whiplash?

I knew it was dumb to be upset over a conversation that lasted three minutes about something that had no real relevance to our greater relationship, but it still got under my skin in the worst kind of way. We're supposed to agree on things, since we have so many other things in common. Our opinions on Best Picture should match (and I bet they will once she finally watches Whiplash...), but when they didn't, I was distressed.

I think this applies to your situation, too. Yours is a bit different, but I understand the cause of your feelings. When you have a best friend who stubbornly disagrees with you--or, in your case, makes a point of touting their difference of opinion--it makes you question the validity of your relationship. (That didn't exactly happen with me, but I'm extending here.) You get so used to enjoying the same things and sharing opinions that when a situation where you don't agree inevitably comes along, it really shakes you up. I think that's normal. It's frustrating.

However, in your case, I think the extreme nature of your feelings has less to do with the little conversation and more with an underlying growing unease between you two. It's shitty that she makes a point of looking down on the things you're passionate about, and it's shitty that she's stopped treating you well generally. If this has been going on for as long as you say it has, it might be a good time to start distancing yourself since you're going to be starting college. Someone that makes you feel that unhappy regularly is not someone you want to keep around when you're starting something new. I understand that you are/were best friends, but instead of letting yourself be the victim and feel her drifting from you (like she has been all year), maybe you should take charge of things and make a conscious choice yourself to spend less time with her. Do yourself a favor for your mental health. You'll be making tons of new friends soon.

Otherwise, if you'd rather repair the relationship than move on entirely, you should tell her how you've been feeling. She's not going to treat you any differently unless you verbalize your feelings.

Thank you so much for this, Artemis! I really needed to get this off my chest with someone (in my age range, since I've already vented to my mom about it) so I'm really glad I have you to discuss this with. It helps me put stuff in perspective this way. :)

You know, I think I've suspected for some time now that my friendship with Sierra has become more unhealthy to me than it has been heathy. A lot of our problems stem from my own emotional insecurities I guess, but I will also argue that Sierra's recent behavior has played a significant part in ruining what we had. The problem is that I'm the type of person that likes to cling to friendships as long as I can, hoping things will work out—in this case, I have to consider the amount of history under our belts—but now I'm starting see that maybe it might be better this way. You are right. I suppose now, at this stage in my life, I can head off to college without the weight of this drama baring down on my shoulders anymore and focus on making friends that actually make me feel good about myself. 

And it's not like S and I didn't used to be more compatible. We were definitely more similar then, however, than we are now. And I think that's why we've been drifting apart. We both are different people than we were back in 7th grade, and we value completely different things. And yes, we've always had major differences, but the ratio of differences and similarities between us was usually pretty balanced. But that was the earlier years, since now the ratio is screwed to hell.

For example, S is all about image and recklessness recently, and I'm all about what I've always been about: being who I am and not pretending to be someone I'm not. I don't care if that makes me a dork, I like what I like and I want a friend who appreciates me for that. Is that too much to ask?

Also, I don't like how everything is just a competition with S anymore, how she makes me feel so inferior all the time. Maybe that's just my own sensitivity/competitive nature talking, but I have to believe she's at least PARTLY to blame for these bitter feelings and resentments. My confidence can't take much more of this abuse, I tell you. I don't want to be the person that hates herself like I sometimes do, based on other people's standards. I shouldn't have to feel like loving Meg Cabot is lame. That ANYTHING I love is lame, for that matter. Because in my heart I feel the opposite. I think Meg Cabot is probably one of the coolest human beings on this planet. I've felt this since the beginning, when I read Avalon high, and then, because I loved it so much, I became a member of this fan site. She is a BIG DEAL to me. It's just that simple. There shouldn't be any doubt that S didn't already know this about me. 

If only she would stop being so close minded, she'd see how beautifully entertaining and thought provoking Meg's writing can be. Plus, I find it really irritating that she can judge a author's "writing style" so quickly when she barely even reads anything as it is. But alas, we cannot change people, we can only be in control of ourselves. *Sigh*

I know I may be blowing this thing out of proportion, but I think this incident has finally made me realize that I don't need her anymore to be happy. In fact, I'll be much more happy with her out of my life than constantly putting up with this kind of verbal abuse. I love her a lot, and if she wants to start being the one to make an effort for a change, I'll be receptive to it, but I'm done chasing the ghost of my former friend.

May I just add that I freaking took her to the Caribbean this summer, the LEAST she could've done was kept her trap shut about Meg Cabot. She very well knew that what she did to me was a dick move. 

And anyway, I'd much rather spend my time nurturing a friendship that is less judgmental and more about mutual respect for one another. I know I say this all the time, but, if only I could be friends with you and Jamie (you know, outside the internet) because literally we all just mesh so well in conversation. I don't feel like a dork at all when I'm talking to you guys. And, I mean, I'm still gunning for us all meeting each other in real life one day, maybe during the summer and maybe meeting up in someplace from Meg's books like Carmel or New York... I think that would be pretty awesome. But that's just me. :)

WOW. I just read through all that. Man, I didn't realize how worked up I was until I put it all down. I guess you were right about the growing unease being the main cause of my extreme feelings.

Thanks ~

MEG

#515 Jcrazy

Jcrazy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 06:26 PM

Meg,

Might I just add, as someone who lost a "best friend" after graduating high school, that it's SOOOO not worth hanging onto toxic friendships. If they're making you feel bad more often than not, they're NOT WORTH IT. I'm not saying end your friendship because she differs in opinion with you about Meg Cabot, but if there's other stuff that makes you unhappy... don't give her that kind of power! No one is worth compromising your happiness for. EVER. I've lost multiple friends through the years, especially after graduating, and it's almost always turned out to be a good thing. Don't worry about "not having friends"...quality over quantity. Plus, college will definitely make you realize what kind of people you want to spend your time with.

Just my opinion! :)

#516 24moon100

24moon100

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 5,131 posts

Posted 30 July 2015 - 07:38 PM

Meg,

Might I just add, as someone who lost a "best friend" after graduating high school, that it's SOOOO not worth hanging onto toxic friendships. If they're making you feel bad more often than not, they're NOT WORTH IT. I'm not saying end your friendship because she differs in opinion with you about Meg Cabot, but if there's other stuff that makes you unhappy... don't give her that kind of power! No one is worth compromising your happiness for. EVER. I've lost multiple friends through the years, especially after graduating, and it's almost always turned out to be a good thing. Don't worry about "not having friends"...quality over quantity. Plus, college will definitely make you realize what kind of people you want to spend your time with.

Just my opinion! :)

Thanks, Jamie! You always give super great advice whenever I come on here about friend drama. :) 

Yeah, now that I've cooled down from everything, I've realized that I maybe was acting a little rash. I guess I was just seeing everything through tinted red goggles, and that although what she did was in complete disregard of the friend code (at least my friend code), I'm willing to let it go. I've decided that I'm just going to keep things amiable with S, but start focusing on the future friends I'll make in college instead of dwelling on something that's been dead for a while anyway. Graduating couldn't have come a better time, honestly, because I'm definitely in need of new friendship oportunities. Haha. 

To new beginnings! Wish me luck! :D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users