• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 DianaSF

DianaSF

Meg Cabot Fan

• Moderators
  • 742 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 09:46 PM

Here's the link to an excerpt from Meg's new Princess Diaries book, Royal Wedding, which comes out on June 2, 2015.  Check it out!

http://www.cosmopoli...=1440_122266062

P.S. What do you think happened to Mr. G??? :(

#2 DianaSF

DianaSF

Meg Cabot Fan

• Moderators
  • 742 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 07:19 PM

Meg posted a sneak preview in her latest blog entry.

Blog entry:

http://www.megcabot....ppy-holidays-2/

Sneak preview:

http://www.megcabot....dingExcerpt.pdf

#3 liliteca

liliteca

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 25 December 2014 - 01:05 PM

Absolutely loved it! Gosh, I missed Mia so much!

It's like no time has passed at all! Mia has the same crazy voice that we love (and get angry sometimes). Counting down the days to June 2 already. I feel like I'm 17 again.

Especially loved that the excerpt from A Little Princess is the same from PD3 and that those first lines from her journal remind us those first lines from the very first PD, in which she starts talking about her lying habits. I can see Meg has put great effort to make this book awesome.

#4 liliteca

liliteca

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 25 December 2014 - 04:45 PM

I've just noticed something: right there in the news about Phillip from the excerpt of PD11, the article says Michael is 28, while Mia is 25, just a few days from her 26th birthday, which gives us about 4 years of age difference. But in PD10, on that exact time of year, Michael was 21 and Mia was 17, just a few days of completing 18, which gave us only 3 years of age difference. :-S

#5 dbcWinter

dbcWinter

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 834 posts

Posted 25 December 2014 - 05:29 PM

Yeah, this age incosistency appears in the series quite a lot. Wasn't Michael celebrating his 18th birthday in Book 4 (I always thought people celebrate their 18th birthday in Senior year + it has never been mentioned that Michael skipped a year?)? Well, right in the following book Grandmere keeps referring to him as a 'seventeen-year-old boy'. Maybe the news was from months bago? Either way, inconsistencies happen in PD, so I wouldn't think much about it (though - the excerpt says Phillipe was competing in Formula One? That would never happen, racers there are professionasl, no amount of money - and royal status - would get you a seat. That is what I call a plot hole ;))

#6 starberry

starberry

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,205 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 09:49 PM

Yeah, this age incosistency appears in the series quite a lot. Wasn't Michael celebrating his 18th birthday in Book 4 (I always thought people celebrate their 18th birthday in Senior year + it has never been mentioned that Michael skipped a year?)? Well, right in the following book Grandmere keeps referring to him as a 'seventeen-year-old boy'. Maybe the news was from months bago? Either way, inconsistencies happen in PD, so I wouldn't think much about it (though - the excerpt says Phillipe was competing in Formula One? That would never happen, racers there are professionasl, no amount of money - and royal status - would get you a seat. That is what I call a plot hole ;))

Well, unless they're Tony Stark ;)

I think it's interesting how Phillipe is acting.  I'm rereading the series right now, and in the first book he appeared almost rigid.  I think Mr. G's untimely demise is causing him to have a bit of a mid life crisis.

So, based on the age's given in the excerpt.  We can assume if Olivia is Phillipe's she was born probably a year or so before the events of the first book.  Wonder why he lied to Mia and said she was his only heir?

#7 DianaSF

DianaSF

Meg Cabot Fan

• Moderators
  • 742 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 02:23 AM

I think it's interesting how Phillipe is acting.  I'm rereading the series right now, and in the first book he appeared almost rigid.  I think Mr. G's untimely demise is causing him to have a bit of a mid life crisis.

Good point!

#8 lmnt

lmnt

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Moderators
  • 2,292 posts

Posted 08 March 2015 - 12:11 AM

I AM SO EXCITED YOU HAVE NO IDEA.  I can't wait to see how Michael proposes.  I have missed Lilly and TIna so much so I hope we see a lot of them as well!

#9 AlphaAmy

AlphaAmy

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 March 2015 - 08:00 AM

Ah I'm so glad I finally found somewhere to talk about this book and with people who love it as much as I do!!! I'm so excited for this 11th book it's unreal. I think it comes out July 2nd 2015 for me though, because I'm in UK. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users