24 replies to this topic

#1 DayDreamer95

DayDreamer95

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,331 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 11:01 PM

HELLO! *waves to all the people reading this right now*

So for those of you who have heard of this. I am back. Turner and Skylar are coming back. I'll have refurbished the story :) I hope you are excited s I am. Or I just have a dorky grin on right now.

For those who are first readers, read blurb below! :)

Blurb: Turner Jenning has fallen in love with Skylar Thompson. And he'll do what ever he can .to get her.

Now! I'll be posting a chapter soon. I am busy with another story here called Believe. I only have two chapters left there. And then everything will be focused here.

Chapters will be longer and have more duration time between updates!

THIS IS DEDICATED TO:

Nikki, Meghan, Suze, Alex and Jamie. My beautiful supporters from thick and thin

Updates soon guys! :D

Alex~♥

#2 Meg_Rulz

Meg_Rulz

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 608 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 03:01 AM

Yay! I am waiting!
Another story from such an amazing author!
Believe will be missed, though.
Whatever :) :P

#3 BonkersBookworm78

BonkersBookworm78

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 12:04 PM

Yay, I'm excited, though I agree with Poorvi - Believe will be missed.

I read all you posted before and I loved it, so I'm happy.

Lame comment, but I had a bad day.

#4 NikkiandEm

NikkiandEm

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,738 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 11:10 PM

OH.

MY.

GOD.

YOU JUST MADE MY DAY LIKE 100% BETTER RIGHT NOW.

THE TURQUOISE PUMPS IS FINALLY BACK!

I'M LITERALLY SO HAPPY, IT'S NOT EVEN FUNNY.

Mrs. Jennings CANNOT WAIT.

#5 bubba97

bubba97

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 02:08 PM

I must have like a 6th sense or something. I'm totally serious.

Like I completely forget about this site way too often but I do check up on it every once in a while. And when I do, oh my god, not only you are back but Nikki too. 

And not just with a new story but THE TURQUOISE PUMPS.

Could this be more perfect??

I know it's been like, what, two years, but don't expect me to let just anyone have my Turner, he is still my husband. 

Now promise me you'll post some of this soon and I can start reading your new story :D

-Alexandra Jenning

(I've missed writing that. I've missed all of this. I hope this lasts, oh my god)

#6 DayDreamer95

DayDreamer95

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,331 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 08:29 PM

Yay! I am waiting!
Another story from such an amazing author!
Believe will be missed, though.
Whatever :) :P

Hi! :)
You are too kind
:')
Believe is a fun story. And never thought Believe it would have been like this.
;)

Yay, I'm excited, though I agree with Poorvi - Believe will be missed.
I read all you posted before and I loved it, so I'm happy.
Lame comment, but I had a bad day.

Thank you for falling in love with believe! :)
I do appreciate all the support! :D
I'm sorry about your bad day! :(

OH.

MY.

GOD.

YOU JUST MADE MY DAY LIKE 100% BETTER RIGHT NOW.

THE TURQUOISE PUMPS IS FINALLY BACK!

I'M LITERALLY SO HAPPY, IT'S NOT EVEN FUNNY.

Mrs. Jennings CANNOT WAIT.

Did you know that your comments make me happy?

I hope you love it as much as I do!

Turner is dreamer as ever....I think ;) :D

I must have like a 6th sense or something. I'm totally serious.

Like I completely forget about this site way too often but I do check up on it every once in a while. And when I do, oh my god, not only you are back but Nikki too. 

And not just with a new story but THE TURQUOISE PUMPS.

Could this be more perfect??

I know it's been like, what, two years, but don't expect me to let just anyone have my Turner, he is still my husband. 

Now promise me you'll post some of this soon and I can start reading your new story :D

-Alexandra Jenning
(I've missed writing that. I've missed all of this. I hope this lasts, oh my god)

OH
MY
GOD
YOU ARE HERE WITH US!!!!

GOD! I have missed you so much my evil twin. :evil:

I am so happy you are here and leaping into TTP! :D

LARGE.SMILE ACROSS MY FACE RIGHT NOW

I can't wait for you to read.

Mrs. & Mrs. Jenning posts shortly I swear. Its just longer and more detailed

Chapter one soon.
I am traveling and still on my phone :)

Love y'all for reading
Alex♥

#7 DayDreamer95

DayDreamer95

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,331 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 01:41 AM

The Turquoise Pumps
Chapter One
Tom's Diner

The alarm clock is what woke Turner Jenning for his deep slumber. He throws out is half asleep arm to press the snooze button, but decides he has to get up.
Turner pulls the plush white duvet off his warm body, swinging his legs over the edge of the bed. The tiles underneath his sensitive feet are cool, tickling Turner's bare feet.
He places his elbows on his knees, burying his sleepy face into his palms.
"My, it's early." Turner murmurs, rubbing his face.
Turner stands up, his eyes still feeling weak. He walks into a large living room-kitchen area. The light from the sun is pouring into the grand floor to ceiling windows that overlooked a concrete jungle everyone in the world dreamed of being. New York.
Turner opens his stainless steel refrigerator, pulling out his small ceramic butter dish. In his tiny freezer was full of bakery goods of bread, English muffins, bagels and pita bread.
He decides on an English muffin, plugging in the toaster. Turner had a good job at the New York Times, but he wasn't going to waste electricity and money.
Turner sits at his petite metal dining table, looking at the already bustling city. He can see all the taxi cabs on the prowl for pedestrians who late for work. Other people who are in the huge crowds of humans rushing to their jobs near and far.
Turner smiles. He always loved watching New York coming to life in the morning. Seeing the sun rising above the buildings. Watching the people slowly crawling out of their apartment buildings. He always felt inspired by this city. It's ability to roll with the punches.
Turner was almost finished with his breakfast, when he felt tiny paws with nails as sharp as needles.
He looks down to see a large-eyed dog staring at him full of sadness.
"Good morning Elmo." Turner says, giving Elmo a pat on the head. "Hungry?"
The dog whimpers, scratching Turner's leg harder.
"Okay, okay lad."
Turner grabs his dish full of crumbs and butter, placing it in the sink.
He picks up Elmo's dish from the floor, giving the solid black dog a scoop and a half of dog kebble. E
"Sit!" Turner demands, looking down at the excited pet. Elmo obeys his master command willingly.
~
Turner strips off his grey tee-shirt and boxers. He takes a glance at himself in his bathroom mirror. Tracing his index finger along the faint lines of his six-pack. He notices that he needs to go to the gym soon.
"Tubba-Tubba." Turner laughs, shaking his dirty hair.
He leans in his stone shower, turning the water on. Turner likes hot showers, not those luke-warm showers. He loves it piping hot.
Turner jumps in, feeling the hot drops on his muscular back.
The shower, in Turner's mind, was a thinking place. Where he was able to think about everything. The news, his simple life or even novel plots.
Turner is always thinking about his novel ideas. He did have many. Some were science fiction, others were Victorian love stories. It's just with Turner's job, he never really had the time.
He has his shoulder pressed on the stone wall, letting the hot water run off his body. Turner is thinking heavily about his novel that came in his dreams last night.
Turner was still contemplating whether the idea was valid. See in his dream, Turner was seated in a grand cathedral. His eyes watching a priest marrying an old man and young woman. The man looked sleazy and extremely creepy while the girl was full of fright.
Just before the priest was asking for vows, a tall man barges through the massive wooden doors screaming out he objects. And then it fades to a scene where the young girl and tall man finally meet once again, but as old people.
Turner thought is had potential. Though, he was hasty, since he hated not finishing something. And as busy Turner was at work, he wouldn't have the time.
Turner shuts the water off, pulling down a towel off the rack. He wipes his face, stepping into a steam-full bathroom. His muscles feel relaxed. His copper colored hair feels cleans.
Turner stumbles out the bathroom into a pokey closet, staring at everything neatly hanging up. He pulls off a pair of jeans, a shirt and a blazer. A common look Turner worn.
It takes minutes for Turner to shave, change, locking Elmo in his bathroom, and run down the seven flights of stairs to meet a client at a diner.
Turner hadn't realized how late he actually was. Once out the building, he hailed for a yellow cab. Two or three of the taxis passed him. Finally one of the bright yellow vehicles pulled off the side for Turner.
Turner swings the side door open, sliding in his heavy briefcase as well as his body.
"Where do you need to go?" Says a thick accent man that was obviously from Jamaica. "Tom's Diner on 25th street." Turner says, slamming the door shut.
~
The diner is full of people begging for coffee, and doughnuts. The majority of the crowds were still on their way to work. Waitress are maneuvering around the masses of people, trying to get the breakfast plates to customers. Turner had luckily made it on time before his client. He was fortunate to be able to order a cup of coffee, and being able to sit at one of the booths. Turner is flipping through the New York Times, scanning for his article.
He liked to read his work. Turner wasn't like the other writers at NYT. He didn't lie and say he had never read his work. Of course he had. Why wouldn't Turner read his articles. Sure he may have been more critical than he should be. But Turner was proud of what he did.
Actually, it didn't feel like work. It was joy to write about multiple subjects. To let people lose themselves in the articles was an aspiring thing of Turner's.
To him, it was like he had never worked a day in his life.
"More coffee, sir?" Interrupts a high-pitched voice full of glee.
Turner unglues his eyes from the paper to look up at a bright girl. Her light blonde hair are in plaits. She gives a large smile, revealing her purple braces.
Turner looked at her chest, scanning for a nametag. Sown in green was the name Tiffany. Suits her, Turner thought.
"Please!" He finally replied, handing her the white ceramic mug. "Can you also get me some milk?" He asks, watching Tiffany, the waitress, pouring the coffee. Not a drop out the mug.
"Of course. We're just busy." And just like that she skips off to the next customer.
Turner laughed, shaking his head. Letting his copper hair float in his eyes.
He folds up the newspaper, placing it down by his side. Turner decides to people watch instead. He has his eye on the door. Noticing the New Yorkers coming in and out of the diner. Most of men dressed in layers or suits, as are the women. Though Turner did see a few women that were lookers.
The one lady that was and is stunning had just walked through the diner door. She had these oversized black sunglasses, her dark hair is hidden underneath that floppy hat.
She also wore this black tee-shirt tucked in high-waisted shorts that show off long and lean legs.
But that wasn't what Turner remembered. It was when she walked passed his booth.
His eyes staring at the tile floor, when he saw the tall and bright shoes.
Turquoise, He thought.

~
It's here!

Tell me what you think!
Alex :elmo:

#8 Bushra_Siddiqui

Bushra_Siddiqui

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 10:44 AM

I loved it! Your writing is amazing! 

#9 BonkersBookworm78

BonkersBookworm78

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 12:05 PM

I agree with Bushra, though as usual, it's the description I envy.

Your writing seems so in control and professional.

I like the section about Turners novel ideas.

The ending of the chapter was great.

And coffee, you mention coffee, I want coffee.

This version a lot more polished than the original.

Hope you get as many readers as you deserve.

#10 NikkiandEm

NikkiandEm

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,738 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 07:02 PM

I was smiling so big reading this chapter. How long has it been since I got to read about my beloved Turner Jennings?

And is muscular back being showered by piping hot water?

AN EXCELLENT REINTRODUCTION.

I enjoyed the chapter thoroughly. AND AT THE END, THERE SHE IS, TURQUOISE PUMPS AND ALL, READY TO RUIN HIS LIFE AND MAKE HIS LIFE BETTER WITH EQUAL MEASURE.  I'm so excited so watch their relationship blossom all over again. It's like watching new episodes of your favorite TV show after it's been on a break, and seeing the characters again, and feeling like you're reconnecting with old friends you haven't seen in a while. In my opinion, it's one of the best feelings ever, and I got that with this chapter. :)

Because I'm obligated to give feedback other than glorious praise, I'll talk about grammar:

Your writing has gotten so much better since the last time I read it, and even then it was fantastic. My only complaint––and it's not even a complaint, because who could complain about Turner Jennings?––is repetition. Frequently you start sentences with "Turner this" and "Turner that", and while that's all good and not much of a problem, since he's the only guy in the scene, the reminder that it's Turner isn't always needed, therefore a "he" can suffice.  I don't know, one of my teachers reprimanded me on repetition; I don't see the big deal :D

I LOVED LOVED LOVED IT!

-Nikki

P.S: (I also LOVE LOVE LOVE that the gang's getting back together. Alex is baccccckkkk!)

#11 DayDreamer95

DayDreamer95

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,331 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 12:39 AM

I loved it! Your writing is amazing!

Why you are so kind!
Chapter Two up soon! :P

I agree with Bushra, though as usual, it's the description I envy.
Your writing seems so in control and professional.
I like the section about Turners novel ideas.
The ending of the chapter was great.
And coffee, you mention coffee, I want coffee.
This version a lot more polished than the original.
Hope you get as many readers as you deserve.

Why would you envy my writing when yours is so timeless?
Thank you for the sweet words.
The ending is pretty fancy
Sorry like to talk about food and beverage. ;)
I appreciate you reading! No matter how many people read

I was smiling so big reading this chapter. How long has it been since I got to read about my beloved Turner Jennings?

And is muscular back being showered by piping hot water?

AN EXCELLENT REINTRODUCTION.

I enjoyed the chapter thoroughly. AND AT THE END, THERE SHE IS, TURQUOISE PUMPS AND ALL, READY TO RUIN HIS LIFE AND MAKE HIS LIFE BETTER WITH EQUAL MEASURE.  I'm so excited so watch their relationship blossom all over again. It's like watching new episodes of your favorite TV show after it's been on a break, and seeing the characters again, and feeling like you're reconnecting with old friends you haven't seen in a while. In my opinion, it's one of the best feelings ever, and I got that with this chapter. :)

Because I'm obligated to give feedback other than glorious praise, I'll talk about grammar:
Your writing has gotten so much better since the last time I read it, and even then it was fantastic. My only complaint––and it's not even a complaint, because who could complain about Turner Jennings?––is repetition. Frequently you start sentences with "Turner this" and "Turner that", and while that's all good and not much of a problem, since he's the only guy in the scene, the reminder that it's Turner isn't always needed, therefore a "he" can suffice.  I don't know, one of my teachers reprimanded me on repetition; I don't see the big deal :D

I LOVED LOVED LOVED IT!

-Nikki

P.S: (I also LOVE LOVE LOVE that the gang's getting back together. Alex is baccccckkkk!)

Turner is so much fun to write. To convince you to love him all over again to make him touch you again.
It's fun, happiness in the bottle
She is coming in like a wrecking ball soon. And I can't wait fir you to rest eyes on her and them soon

I was terrified I would use 'he' too much like my original chapter one. Not realising I was overdoing 'Turner'.

Can you believe we are coming together again?
All we need is Meghan!

I love that you like it. And that I didn't disappoint

I love you like crazy!

Alex :rose:

#12 bubba97

bubba97

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 04:26 PM

ALEXXXXXXX

It's my Turner! He's back!!!!

I'm so happy with this. I've missed this so much!

Now me and my sister wife can fall in love with Turner all over again!

I hope it's the same plot as last time. I think I still have it in my inbox :D

I can't wait to read your rewrite of this. Turner is such a great character. That last line was amazing. Gave me chills. I really cant wait Alex.

Post another chapter. Pleaseeeeeee.

Alexandra,  :evil:

#13 sancia

sancia

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,493 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 11:34 AM

oh my god ALEX! I once again fell in love with this story. I remember reading the original TTP and absolutely adoring your writing. And this is even better. How do you do that?

Don't keep us waiting, we want moooooore! :D

-Sammie

#14 DayDreamer95

DayDreamer95

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,331 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 02:58 PM

MY EVIL TWIN! I CANNOT BELIEVE YOU ARE HERE!

Well I'm glad you love it! It'll get better soon enough! Haha 

It's not the same plot. I have made changes  but I love it just as much. I hope you will as well! 

:) 

I'M GOING TO HAVE IT UP TODAY! WHAT WHAT! :D

Sammie!

No Way!?

I can't believe YOU are here, reading it with us! 

The whole gang is here...except Meghan. Phoie

Chapter up soon I swear! :) 

Love you all!

Alex~ :m:

#15 DayDreamer95

DayDreamer95

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,331 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 12:49 AM

Chapter Two
Deja Vu

“Is that all?” Says the clerk at the front desk of the cold store. 
Turner laughs, grabbing the newspaper and his Yoo-hoo drink. He throws some change in the vase with black ink on it saying ‘Tips.’
“Yes Georgie, but thank you anyways.”
Turner pushes the glass door open, hitting the now bustling streets of New York. He opens the tin lid of the Yoo-hoo bottle, taking a large swig of the sweet chocolate liquid. It is nice and cold, refreshing for his thirsty throat. He opens the newspaper, flipping to his article in the Business section. He smiles seeing his name printed. 
Turner decides to go Katz deli. Katz Deli is a famous restaurant for cheap and good food. He pulls his blazer down, trying to straighten out the creases. He hangs a right, while trying to fold up the large newspaper. That is when he heard his mobile phone ringing loudly. 
“Hello?” He says, answering it warily. Turner hated cell phones; they never cooperated, as he wanted them to.
“Turner?” Says a familiar voice. “It’s Mummy!” 
He freezes in his tracks, feeling a man bump into him. 
“Mother?” 
“It’s me! How are you sugar?” She says her voice full of glee.
“I’m rather well.” Turner says, trying to maneuver the people of the City. “How are you and Dad?” 
He can hear his mother laugh, sounding like the Wicked Witch of the West. “Fantastic! He had an accident, but he’s healing.”
“Oh?”
“Yes, we were busy in the bed-
“Mother, I beg of you not to finish that sentence!” Turner yells, taking another right. Just one more block until the deli.
“Fine, dear. Anyways, he pulled a tendon.” She speaks frankly, with a slight giggle tone.
“Is he working?” Turner asks, opening the large double doors to the deli. A door attendant hands him a number ticket. The deli is basic, with wooden tables and chairs. Photographs cover the walls, with a large sign underneath the deli saying When Harry Met Sally…Hope You Have What She Had! Enjoy!
“Well no. He has to stay off it for six weeks. He isn’t walking.”
Turner nods, “How’s the RV traveling thing going?”
He knew that would just send his mother into a deep conversation full of details. Turner had enough time to order his meal. The best thing in Katz Deli has to be the Pastrami sandwich. It might be fifteen bucks, but the size of it only made it worth it. Turner also orders his addictive soda, Coka Cola. He takes a seat, once the chef marked the ticket. The place is full of people, all are anticipating for those delicious Frankfurter hot dogs and Reuben sandwiches. Saliva forms in his mouth just thinking about the sandwich.
“Are you listening to me, Turner?” 
He snaps from his heavy thinking back to the conversation.
“Absolutely!” He says, running his hand through his copper hair.
“Well, we are going to California soon. I am picking….
Turner zones out. His mother chatting about the traveling plans. 
“Mother, can I call you back? The office is calling!” Turner says, lying through his teeth. Already his sandwich has arrived, and there was no way he could eat while listening to his mother annoying voice and boring details of the Across Country Trip.
“Oh, sure! My big writer son, you!” His mother pokes fun. Until she tells her son good night and good-bye. 
~
Turner’s phone has been blowing up with calls and text messages. From girls that want hookups, to his bosses wanting to know if he finished his latest article. He sighs deeply, wishing that one day that he could eat his sandwich in peace. 
Well, it did not really matter. He is now at his grand apartment, giving Elmo a good scratch. He changed out from his button down and blazer to boxer shorts. It was warm enough in his apartment that he did not need a shirt. 
He is lounging on his black leather couch, gazing out his window into the busy city he so loved. All the citizens rushing out for yellow cabs, wrapping their long coats to stay warm. He leans back, gripping his white ceramic mug thinking deeply into his new book. 
She stands at the steps of the chapel, hot tears running down her cheeks.
Turner sighs, dropping his head low. Turner! That is horrible. Nothing juicy about that, is there? 
He bends his back, staring at his high ceilings. 
Cecily runs down the steep chapel steps, the tears pouring out of her large eyes. 
He makes a sour face, only getting up from his sofa. He looks down to his pet, smiling.
“Hey Elmo. Wish you could talk. Maybe you could give some input.”
That when the phone rang. He could hear the noisy upbeat ring tone coming from his bedroom.
Turner sprints across the living and dining room to reach the phone. He slides the answer button, speaking breathlessly.
“Turner! I need you at the office now!” Orders his editor, Johnny. 
“What? Why?” He asks, flopping on his back onto his comfortable bed.
“A screwball has *&^%$%ed up one of the biggest articles for tomorrow. I need you to rewrite and edit it for me. Now!” Johnny yells in the phone, his deep voice hissing. In addition, just like that, the phone goes dead.
~
Turner is staring at the elevator numbers. He is dressed in a fitted grey t-shirt he found in the dirty clothes pile in his house. He also happens to find so rugged jeans and his black converse shoes. Turner has his black eyeglasses on his face. It was late, there was no way he would be able to see things with his stigmatism. Especially since, he also has to edit.
He chews his cheek, as he feels the elevator stop. 
“&$#%^&” He yells, as he stares at his beloved Timex watch. It was getting late, and that only meant he had about four hours before Johnny have to send it to the printer. 
The doors open, revealing a tall brown-haired woman holding four suitcases. Her crystal blue eyes full of distress. Her eyebrows knitted tightly together, as tears stream down her face. She struggles trying to gather all of her pieces of luggage. 
“You need some help?” Turner asks, already hauling in her bags.
What is in these damn bags? Brick? Gold? Turner thinks.
“Thank you.” Says the girl.
Tears stream down her face, already her eye makeup is running like crazy. She is crying these deep black tears. 
“What floor?”
“Lobby.” The girl says, using a white hankie to wipe her tears away.
“Are you moving out?” Turner says, gazing her up and down. She was pretty. A slim built with light curves that would make any man drool. 
He notices her bright turquoise shoes. That is when he cocks a smile. It is the girl from the deli, the one he thought he could see by his side. 
“I’m Turner.” He blurts out. 
Why did I do that? I cannot do that!
The girl looks at him; she gives him a friendly smile as she still tries to wipe off her black mascara that is down her cheek. 
“Skylar Thompson.” She says softly.

~

TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK!
ALEX :m:

#16 BonkersBookworm78

BonkersBookworm78

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 03:14 AM

His mother is perfect!

I had a fit laughing - oh my gosh I love her!

If I could I would quote that entire conversation, it was amazing.

His editor sound so nice.

You even describe crying well, still envying the descriptions, as per usual.

Please I need more conversations with Turners mother in them.

She's hilarious, it was just too good.

This update was great to wake up to, but my own mother's shouting at me, so I better go offline.

Still this is even better than Believe and Wasn't expecting that .

I can't remember the last time I laughed so much, you have so much talent.

I do realise nearly the entire comment was pretty much devoted to Turners mother, but what were you expecting creating such a perfect character.

So please, please update (I'll probably never be satisfied with a single update - their too good.)

#17 sancia

sancia

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,493 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 09:02 AM

Oh my, what should I say first?

I like the little parts about Turner's novel idea, it's actually something I would love to read more about. And his mom? So hilarious! I can hear their conversation in my head. Your descriptons are absolutely fantastic, especially the way you describe Skylar's crying. However, I feel obliged to say that it would be easier to read this if the paragraphs were separated more clearly. And you cannot end it like that! That's such a cliffie! :D I love it though. It leaves us begging for more!

#18 NikkiandEm

NikkiandEm

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,738 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 05:57 PM

I was actually in the middle of a reply to this a few days ago, but my browser quit in the middle and I forgot.

SO:

SYLAR IS HERE FINALLY. Oh, I'm loving returning to this story! It feels so happy and nostalgic. This chapter was very well grammatically. I'm always impressed with your writing skills, babe :)

And may I just say: KATZ PASTRAMI SANDWICHES ARE AMAZING. I AM SO HAPPY MY TURNER SHARES THE LOVE FOR THEM.

-Mrs. Turner Jennings

Edited by NikkiandEm, 27 March 2014 - 05:58 PM.

#19 DayDreamer95

DayDreamer95

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,331 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 11:52 PM

Oh my god! 

Thank you everyone for the sweet words! I have read each comment, and understand some of the problems! But I will soon fix them! 

Millie: I love the mom! She is awesomely amazing! I can't really explain how i created her, it rather happen. Haha. There will be more of Mom! She has a larger role than before!

Sammie Pattie!: How are you sweetie? Thank goodness you love it! It'll become better. I swear to God! I know it's better with paragraphs like before. I'll fix it! Thank you thank you for reading! :)

Nikki: I hope the next chapter: Chapter THREE! Will be so much better. I'm channeling my inner NIKKI! The following chapter will be more poetic, sweeter and greater than anything! 

ALRIGHTY!

SO I WILL FINALLY POST CHAPTER THREE SOON. I SWEAR, but I have editing and a lot of mistakes have been made. I'm trying to make it this grand chapter. I feel like it should be. Y'know? It's Skylar and Turner! :D 

Love y'all!

#20 sancia

sancia

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,493 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 01:32 PM

Alex, if ou don't post the next chapter soon, I'm going to come to your house, kick your door in, and torture you (probably by tickling) until you update. Comprende? :D

#21 takari28

takari28

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 07:34 PM

Amazing Alex. Keep it up :)

-Kari

#22 DayDreamer95

DayDreamer95

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,331 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 11:08 PM

Alex, if ou don't post the next chapter soon, I'm going to come to your house, kick your door in, and torture you (probably by tickling) until you update. Comprende? :D

Hello! 

So you can't TICKLE me to death ;)

i have an update! :)

I do hope you enjoy! It is one of my favorite chapters yet.

LOVE YOU dearly!

Amazing Alex. Keep it up :)

-Kari

Hi Kari! 

Thank you for reading! And enjoying!

POST UPDATE!

Chapter Three

Many times Turner would stare at a girl, feeling like he could like right through her. As if, these girls were transparent. They had no sustain, a quality he so ever craved. All the other girls had neither ambition nor tenacity. Their personalities are full of shopping, and next week’s television show. Dreams and goals are so superficial, children probably have better and more vivid visions than these full grown women. 

They carry souls that are aggressive, demanding and needy.  Wanting everyone to know that Turner was their man, even though they had a wandering eye. Making Turner shower them with the most expensive gifts the world could buy. Yearning to be treated like a princess, though the feelings to the Turner were not mutual.

Yet when Turner stares deep into Skylar’s eyes, he feels something. It is a feeling in his soul that changes. It is that feeling that gives him hope that maybe; just maybe, he will have his perfect ending. 

Her blue eyes give a devious glare, those deep-set eyes looking at Turner square in the face. The ends of her round lips turn upward, making a small smile. Skylar’s long fingers are around her slim neck, feeling her delicate silver chain. Her lungs work hard to deep breath, calming her nerves. While her cheeks are still damp from her loud tears.

“Have we met before, Turner?” Skylar speaks his name so gently, almost purring it. 

He can feel shivers running down his spine, prickling all the way up his skull
“I don’t believe we have.” He says, running his hand through his copper hair. 

“Oh,” She says, looking down at her feet. She chews her lower lip, shooting a shy look at Turner.

“How long have you lived here?” He says, his eyes darting to her face to see her expressive eyes. 

Turner notices the small tears forming in her eyes. “I…I have been here for about…a…a…seven months. I think seven, maybe eight, months.” Her lower lip quivers. 

“I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to be rude.” 

“No, it’s okay. See, I broke up with my boyfriend, and then he hit me…and it’s just been Hell.” Skylar says, her voice sounds like she needed to tell someone what had been on her mind.

“I don’t mean to dump on you, but today has been the worse day of my life. And I work in the fashion industry, where everyone judges you for eating fifty calories more than them.” She says, letting out a sigh of relief. 

“You can trust me.” Turner murmurs softly, he looks up from his copper hair that hides his eyes. 

Skylar chews her lip, tears slip out of her eyes. She quickly wipes them away. “Thank you for that.”

He chuckles softly, almost inaudible. “Look I know you’re not have the best of time, but how about we grab something to eat? I know a cute place around the corner.”

She twirls a strand of her lush dark hair with Skylar’s long index finger. Lifting her head, she gives him a tiny smile. 
“What would I do with this stuff?” She says, looking at all of her luggage. Those strong dark eyebrows are knitting tightly together. 

“You could place it at my apartment, if you want.” Turner suggests. He did not care about his job right now. 
He had not had a girlfriend he felt passionate about in over three years. Therefore, what if he loses his job, maybe she is worth losing the job. 

“Um, well I wouldn't want to impose or disrupt your life.” Skylar says it, as she is afraid she would anger him. 

Turner notices how she presses her fingernails into her palm. He wonders if that is a bad habit, or she does this when she is nervous. 

“It won’t be a burden. I do have a dog; will that be a problem for you?”

“You have a pet! Oh, I love animals!” Skylar’s beautiful face lights up with joy. Her grin is full of gratitude. 
Turner laughs, before pressing his floor level.

~
“Oh my god, I think this is cutest dog I've ever laid my eyes on!” Skylar yells with joy. She wears a wide smile, as she bursts through Turner’s door.

Turner is lugging all of her things into his apartment. He grumbles faintly, still wondering what this petite girl has packed in these bags. He drops the majority of it by the front door, feeling the pressure relieve itself immediately. 

“What’s his name?” Skylar asks, already sitting herself down into the leather sofa while giving the dog a good belly rubs.

“Elmo,” Turner speaks breathlessly.

“That is so sweet.”

“Looks are deceiving.” Turner tells her, asking where she wants to go for something to eat.

She raises her head up from petting Elmo, wearing a large grin and eyes wide open. “My uncle owns a vendor shop on the corner.”

Turner nods his head, laughing at her childlike face. 
~

The wind weaves through the tall buildings, sending chills down every New Yorker’s spine. Heavy jackets wrap tightly around everyone’s body, trying to keep the warmth that is so desirable. 

“Chilly out, tonight.” Skylar says, the lamps lighting up her face. She walks swiftly beside Turner. She looks at this tall stranger that is taking care of her.

“Yeah, welcome to New York.” He says, shaking his head. “The Autumn always feels like Winter.”

“Are you from the Big Apple?” She asks, using her index finger to curl her strand of hair behind her ear.

“No, not originally.” He states, as he gazes to his side. Making sure she felt comfortable. “I’m from England.”

“That is so cool.” She says, “I’m from Illinois. A small farm town just south of Chicago.”

“I took a visit to Chicago, I had to do a report on the high crime of the Mob City.” Turner jokes, cracking a smile.
He can hear a light chuckle escaping from Skylar’s lips. 

“It’s a weird place, Illinois.” She says, laughing loudly. 

“Well, I did enjoy it.” 

“I grew up there, I know it very well.” She shoots at him.

He nods, understanding the feeling of growing up in the town you were born in. 

“I have a similar feeling towards England. I love it, but it has an edge that I know that many tourists may ever understand.” He speaks easily, gazing at the stunning beauty he has by his side.

They walk straight down the gritty streets of the dark city. Turner notices the homeless men laying across the trash bags from the Chinese food store on the corner
“C’mon, we need to talk a right.” Turner whispers, as he wraps his hand lightly around Skylar’s arm. “I’ll keep you safe.”
Some way, some how, she knew he would do as he said. 
~

So how are y'all? 

UP AND LOADED! :) Thank you for reading!  :mgturtle:

:icon_biggrin:

I like these one!  :spinstar:

#23 BonkersBookworm78

BonkersBookworm78

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 10:51 AM

The first couple of paragraphs are really pretty.

Dialog full of purpose.

I love the way Turner feels about Skylar it's so sweet and slightly amusing.

Great ending.

Brilliant as usual.

#24 Bushra_Siddiqui

Bushra_Siddiqui

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 08:48 AM

OH.MY.GOD.

This is fantastic! I loved the chapter, it was amazing! I really like how Turner likes Skylar. Just liek how Millie commented, it is so sweet. I had been waiting for this update for so long!

Other than that, I really liked how you describe the scenes of your chapter. I loved the ending too.

And a word of advice:

Please PUBLISH it! Your story could definitely become an international best-seller!   

Cannot wait for the next update! :)

#25 DayDreamer95

DayDreamer95

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,331 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 05:25 PM

The first couple of paragraphs are really pretty.

Dialog full of purpose.

I love the way Turner feels about Skylar it's so sweet and slightly amusing.

Great ending.

Brilliant as usual.

Thank you! I really do appreciate your opionions! They mean so much! Update, I swear to God, soon! I've just been busy with school/work/writing and stuff. 

OH.MY.GOD.

This is fantastic! I loved the chapter, it was amazing! I really like how Turner likes Skylar. Just liek how Millie commented, it is so sweet. I had been waiting for this update for so long!

Other than that, I really liked how you describe the scenes of your chapter. I loved the ending too.

And a word of advice:

Please PUBLISH it! Your story could definitely become an international best-seller!   

Cannot wait for the next update! :)

Awe! Thank you for loving it! Thank you for even reading! And I know it'll get published! For sure! :D Muchh love sweetie! And I promise an update soon!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: love, dreams, travel, Turner, Skylar

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users